PDA

View Full Version : New Generation BD Politicians

ialbd
March 26, 2011, 12:58 AM
Cant loathe AL/BNP and the entire BD politics enough, but this young politician certainly got my attention. Is there a ray of hope then......?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zSFEGwwjUYo?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" width="480" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

Someone shared this video with me today, but all I can tell is his name is Andalib and was elected from one of the Bhola constituencies. Would certainly like to know more about him and other young MPs/politicans in Bangladesh. My biggest surprise was obviously around the fact that, how did this educated/well-spoken person get elected in the first place ??

Naimul_Hd
March 26, 2011, 05:10 AM
I am not surprised at all. His father is also a veteran politician. He knows every bit and pieces of politics. I hope he really believes what he says and acts likewise !

auntu
March 26, 2011, 06:29 AM
Thanks for sharing. Really enjoyed his speech.

Zunaid
March 26, 2011, 06:38 AM
So who is he?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

_Rafi_
March 26, 2011, 07:21 AM
He is more likely 2nd generation politician than new generation politician.

Zunaid
March 26, 2011, 07:59 AM
Probably for the Gulshan-Baridhara-Dhanmondi-Banani constituency. He speaks Banglish very well to communicate with his wards.

Equinox
March 26, 2011, 08:40 AM
^He says at the end his constituency is in Bhola. And besides BNP didn't win any seats in Dhaka.

Zunaid
March 26, 2011, 09:06 AM
^He says at the end his constituency is in Bhola. And besides BNP didn't win any seats in Dhaka.

We know he is from Bhola.

My comment was partially tongue in cheek. As in humor (though with a tinge of sarcasm ladled in).

ialbd
March 26, 2011, 09:17 AM
Someone confirmed that this is Barrister Andalib Rahman, son of Naziur Rahman Monju, MP of JP(Monju) from a Bhola constituency.

While 'how he got elected' question is answered, Monju deserves credit for this (esp when 95% of our politician's offspring make the headlines for the wrong reasons).

You can always agree/disagree on what he said (heck, he can be as corrupted as the names he mentioned in his own speech) but it certainly gives me the hope that our parliament can be the center of civilized debate on national issues. Another 15-20 young MPs like this.... and you never know....

p.s: I think it was just last week I was reading in DS or PA, our speaker was lamenting a certain crass behavior by a MP while the parliament was in session. While the speaker is old enough to be the MP's father, he/she said 'Oi mic de...'.

Fazal
March 26, 2011, 11:00 AM
He is much articulate than some of the old politicians, but he looks like a very angry man to me. ektu rokto gorom type-r mone hoi. Same way the old politicians present, except with Banglish.

I like Dr. Badruddoza's son better, the way he articulate his thoughts, very sensible way of delivering his point of view (whether I agree or not).

Plus his dad (Naziur Rahman Monju) is another corrupt politician. His dad used to manage Ershad's underground back money. I hope he doesn't turn out to be another version of Naziur Rahman Monju.

iDumb
March 26, 2011, 04:42 PM
he sounds like a clown. I wouldn't vote for him. Too many generic blank statements/problems everyone is aware of, no concrete solutions suggested. and oh yeah, he sounds gay.

iDumb
March 26, 2011, 04:49 PM
My biggest surprise was obviously around the fact that, how did this educated/well-spoken person get elected in the first place ??

I think Sheikh Hasina is very well spoken/eloquent too. What's your point?

Bangladesh needs honest daring visionaries, not well spoken pechals. We have the daring part covered... the other two criteria needs to be worked on.

ialbd
March 26, 2011, 05:14 PM
I think Sheikh Hasina is very well spoken/eloquent too. What's your point?

I used to think that too.... till the WC opening ceremony atleast....:-|

Anyway, I posted later that I am not supporting or defending the arguments he made in his speech. It can very well be the regular load of BS we get from our politicians wrapped in Banglish. But his presentation/style definitely stands out when compared to the rest of our parliament members.

So are we (ppl of BD) being fooled by his bling blings? Well, this wont be the first time for us ... :)

@Fazal bhai: Indeed Mahi B Chy had it in him. But where is he nowadays? I know he didnt get elected this time...

AhmedN
March 26, 2011, 08:36 PM
I liked him...but my concern is he will make lot of 'enemies' in the land of corruption and extortions very soon. then he may become one of them or just leave the country.

No end of conspiracies to kick out good people from BD.

Zeeshan
March 26, 2011, 08:42 PM
He seems pi44ed as hell. Methinks too much repressed sexual energy. And no he's not someone with an absolute wow-factor. Mr. Smith minus the eloquence in Mr. Smith goes to Washington. meh

And 11:00 minutes of BD politics living here in States? I think I will pass.

mahbubH
March 26, 2011, 08:42 PM
he speaks quite differently than our usual politicians ... good to know

HereWeGo
March 26, 2011, 09:57 PM
I used to think that too.... till the WC opening ceremony atleast....:-|

Anyway, I posted later that I am not supporting or defending the arguments he made in his speech. It can very well be the regular load of BS we get from our politicians wrapped in Banglish. But his presentation/style definitely stands out when compared to the rest of our parliament members.

So are we (ppl of BD) being fooled by his bling blings? Well, this wont be the first time for us ... :)

@Fazal bhai: Indeed Mahi B Chy had it in him. But where is he nowadays? I know he didnt get elected this time...

There are too many eloquent politicians out there. Delwar hossain Sayeede, Nizami , Joy (should listen to the english interviews he gave), Tareq Zia (although only in bengali) etc etc and all of them are major scumbags.... Trust me that means nothing.

About the video, allegations he made on his speech are only allegations and nothing based on well researched facts... Do some read up on his father and remember apples never fall far from the tree....

ialbd
March 26, 2011, 10:19 PM
...Do some read up on his father and remember apples never fall far from the tree....

certain things surfaced on the internet about this guy ever since this video went viral among the deshi online community, and from what it looks like, indeed the fruit never falls far from the tree....

We badly need new blood in our politics, and when a friend told me today "I'll take Joy/Tareq in direct power any day over our dueling queens", I didnt know what to say to that....

Rabz
March 27, 2011, 12:55 AM
Got a link for this blog on fb:

http://www.nagorikblog.com/node/1440

PoorFan
March 27, 2011, 09:35 PM
At least he seems good for meaningful argument, BD parliament needed more of his kind.

Nadim
March 29, 2011, 01:09 PM
[বাংলা]ইউটিউবে আন্দালিব পার্থের বক্তব্য: আলোচনার ঝড়
[/বাংলা]
[বাংলা]ইউটিউবে ছাড়া বাংলাদেশ জাতীয় পার্টির (বিজেপি) চেয়ারম্যান ও সংসদ সদস্য আন্দালিব রহমান পার্থর দেওয়া একটি বক্তব্য অনলাইন পাঠক মহলে ব্যাপক সাড়া ফেলেছে। জাতীয় সংসদে গত ২৬ মার্চ দেওয়া তার জ্বালাময়ী এ বক্তৃতা রাজনৈতিক মহলেও ঝড় তোলে।

বক্তৃতাটি sangsad.andalib এবং http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWPDD1qoAL0 এ দুটি ঠিকানাতেই আপলোড করা হয়েছে।

গত দুই দিনে এ ভিডিওচিত্রটি সর্বাধিক হিটের তালিকায় উঠে আসে।

বিশ্বব্যাপী ইন্টারনেট ব্যবহারকারী বিশেষ করে বাঙালিরা উৎসাহ ও আগ্রহের সঙ্গে ভিডিও চিত্রটি দেখছেন। যাতে জাতীয় সংসদে দেওয়া আন্দালিবের বক্তব্যের চুম্বক অংশ তুলে ধরা হয়েছে। ১১ মিনিট ২ সেকেন্ডের এ ভিডিও বক্তৃতায় সাম্প্রতিক শেয়ারবাজার কেলেঙ্কারি, বিদ্যুৎ সঙ্কট ও অভ্যন্তরীণ রাজনীতিতে মার্কিন হস্তক্ষেপসহ বিভিন্ন ইস্যুতে কড়া সমালোচনা করেন আন্দালিব রহমান পার্থ।

ইউটিউবে দেওয়া এ বক্তব্য যে অনেকের কাছে আকর্ষণীয় হয়ে উঠেছে তা ভিডিওচিত্রটির হিট থেকেই বোঝা যায়। তরুণ প্রজন্মের মাঝে ইউটিউব ব্যবহারের মাত্রা বেশি। আর এ বক্তব্য তারাই বেশি পছন্দ করছে। পছন্দের বিষয়টি ভিডিও চিত্রটি দেখে তাদের করা মন্তব্যের মধ্য দিয়েই প্রমাণিত হয়। এসব মন্তব্যে পার্থকে ডিজিটাল টাইগার, বাংলার রয়েল বেঙ্গল, তরুণ প্রজন্মের কা-ারিসহ বিভিন্ন বিশেষণ দিয়েছেন।

আর ক্রমেই বেড়ে চলেছে এ ভিডিও ক্লিপটিতে হিটের সংখ্যা।
[/বাংলা]
http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=14b823daa1dc97b96140b62011565 50a&nttl=2011033034498

kalpurush
March 29, 2011, 02:33 PM
he sounds like a clown. I wouldn't vote for him. Too many generic blank statements/problems everyone is aware of, no concrete solutions suggested. and oh yeah, he sounds gay.
Is he? I didn't notice it but you did. :)

Alchemist
March 29, 2011, 09:18 PM
Guys, please don't get fooled by the BD politicians. To my knowledge, this guy, Andalib is a bad apple as well.

See the following blog article for more details:
এদের চিনে রাখুন,একদিন এরাই আপনাকে ছিড়ে-খুঁড়ে খাবে (প্রথম পর্ব)

এই চরিত্রের নাম ব্যারিস্টার আন্দালিব রহমান পার্থ। বিজেপি (মঞ্জুর) বর্তমান চেয়ারম্যান ও এম পি । চার দলীয় জোটের অন্যতম শরীক। ভোলা থেকে নির্বাচিত। ইংল্যান্ডের উল্ভার হ্যাম্পটন ইউনিভার্সিটির ছাত্র ছিলো পার্থ। টিউশন নিয়েছে হল্বর্ন কলেজ থেকে। বার এট ল করেছে সিটি ল স্কুল থেকে। লিঙ্কন্স ইনের মেম্বার। বাবা নাজিউর রহমান মঞ্জুরের শত শত কোটি দূর্নীতির টাকায় লন্ডনে শুধু মদ আর নারী নিয়ে কাটিয়েছিলো এই পার্থ। ইউনিভার্সিটির পুরোটাই এসাইন্মেন্ট বেস থাকাতে হাজার হাজার পাউন্ড দিয়ে অন্য ছাত্রকে দিয়ে এসাইনমেন্ট করিয়ে নিতো আজকের এই কেতা দূরস্ত এম্পি।

কথিত আছে তার বাবা নাজিউর, এরশাদের প্রায় আড়াই হাজার কোটি টাকা মেরে দিয়েছিলো। এরশাদ জেলে যাবার সময় বিশ্বাস করে এই অর্থ নাজিউরকে দিয়ে গিয়েছিলো। পার্থ বিয়ে করেছে শেখ হেলালের মেয়ে আনমনা কে। উল্লেখ্য যে শেখ হাসিনার ফুফাতো বোন মানে শেখ সেলিমের বোনের সাথে বিয়ে হয়েছিলো নাজিউর রহমান মঞ্জুরের। এর মানে হচ্ছে, পার্থর খালা শেখ হাসিনা।

ঘরে অপরূপা স্ত্রী থাকার পরেও আজীবন মেয়েদের পিছনে দৌড়ে বেড়িয়েছেন আমাদের এই নেতাজী। তিনি একসময় ঢাকার ধানমন্ডিতে নিউ ক্যাসেল ল একাডেমিতে পড়াতেন। সেখানকার ছাত্রী এরিনা কে নিয়ে নিউ ক্যাসেল ল একাডেমীর দ্বিতীয় তলায় কোলে নিয়ে বসে থাকতেন। তার কিছুদিন পরে এরিনাকে নিয়ে তিনি সিঙ্গপুরে প্রোমদ ভমন করে আসেন। ছোট বেলা থেকেই মারামারিতে ওস্তাদ ছিলো এই পার্থ । পিস্তল নিয়ে একে তাকে বুকে ঠেকিয়ে রাখা তার কাছে ডাল ভাতের মত ছিলো। ২০০৩ সালে ব্যারিস্টার রাহাত খলিল কে দিনে দুপুরে পিস্তল দিয়ে সবার সামনে ভয় দেখায় তার প্রতিষ্ঠান বি এস এল এর ক্যাম্পাসে। তার গাজীপুরের বাগানবাড়ীতে প্রায় সপ্তাহেই রাজনীতি বিদদের জলযাত্রার আসর হয়ে থাকে। তবে তিনি এখন আমাদের প্রভু। তার প্রতি আমাদের শ্রদ্ধা রেখে বাত-চিত করা প্রয়োজন।

Naimul_Hd
March 30, 2011, 01:26 AM
Dialogue bazi kora to eder kaj...koy jone bolar moto kono kaj korte parche !? we better salute this rickshawala who is honest and praiseworthy.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VCZnYPrX5ho?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VCZnYPrX5ho?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

auntu
March 30, 2011, 07:41 AM
Got a link for this blog on fb:

Great link Rabiul bhai! Already posted the link in FB.

Shubho
March 30, 2011, 09:34 AM
New generation of politician, my foot. Comes from a family of politicians (several crooked ones at that).

What's with all the yelling? How is that different from any other politician in BD? Again, new generation of politician, my foot.

By the way, what's with all the Banglish?

He did raise some very good questions about Bharti Airtel and Dr. Yunus. All the other stuff was unsubstantiated allegations, so again, no different from previous generations of Bangladeshi politicians.

AsifTheManRahman
March 30, 2011, 11:57 AM
Yeah, I wasn't too impressed.

Sakib
March 30, 2011, 08:04 PM
this sh!t is all over facebook and people going gaga over it

Sakib
March 30, 2011, 08:06 PM
Dialogue bazi kora to eder kaj...koy jone bolar moto kono kaj korte parche !? we better salute this rickshawala who is honest and praiseworthy.

now thats a real HERO for you