PDA

View Full Version : What will you do if you win the lottery?

iDumb
March 28, 2011, 07:31 PM
Recently there was a SINGLE winner for multi-state run lottery here in USA called the mega-millions. It went to $319 million USD.

So what would you had you won this prize.

I think there was a thread like this before but it's ok - let's revisit :p

btw, I had to buy one ticket for this event after the figure broke 300 millions. And I won $2. Will buy one more ticket when the prize breaks 200 next time. So I am even :p

rashed411
March 28, 2011, 08:24 PM
I would pay off our house, help all my uncles pay off theirs. Give everyone $100,000 (do what ever with it don't come back for more). I would buy my self a nice car+ Range Rover, buy my brothers their favorite car. Invest some money on business here in USA, and over in Bangladesh. Donate lot of the money to the poor people of Bangladesh. Keep rest of the money in the bank for everything else and spend it wisely.:)

Haru-party
March 28, 2011, 08:48 PM
ami ar eikhane ashar time-e pamuna

_Rafi_
March 29, 2011, 12:46 AM
I will bribe BaghMama and Sid Kaku to play in national team. I will open bowling, open batting. I will do better than sir Ash.

Bonglababu
March 29, 2011, 01:00 AM
I will go traveling around the world. Places like Egypt, Switzerland, South Africa, Singapore, Greece, Shanghai are my favorites.

Night_wolf
March 29, 2011, 10:04 AM
Buy BC from Admin(Zunaid):D

Equinox
March 29, 2011, 11:22 AM
Hmm $319 million?

I'm going to be a bit boring here.

*Firstly set aside $50 million to find a source of stable income for the rest of my life. ie property, gold, high interest account.

*I must be lucky to win the damn thing in the first place so I'd try my luck again and invest $50 million on ventures with high risk but high reward. I dunno high risk stocks, start-up companies, financing movies or funding African warlords (jk for the sensitive).

*$100 million on luxuries: houses around the world, cars etc. for me and the family. Hook some members of the extended family up and pay off their debts, medical treatment etc.

*Rest of the $119 million to fund education and sporting projects across Bangladesh. Reward hard-working and deserving people. And try and do my bit to alleviate poverty. And you know build up my political profile so I have access to unlimited money once I get elected.

roman
March 29, 2011, 12:11 PM
i'll donate it to BCB for our cricket's development

ammark
March 29, 2011, 12:33 PM
Hah... when I was a bekar student and I didnt know about BanglaCricket I did all those calculations.

Either you take the $319 million in annuity over 25 years, or you get the present value as a lump sum today, which was about 47% of the winnings (in 2004/5); so you get left with $169 mil.

Then as a non-US citizen I'd want to take that money out. Except that State and Federal withholding taxes would take about 35%+ chunk off your residual. I'd be left with say $100 mil dollars.

Then I spent my time looking through different mutual funds that seemed to provide a decent ROI to beat $319 mil and get richer quicker! An 11% ROI after maintenance costs would double the 100mil amount in 7 years!

In 2004/5 that rate was being promised very well with all the hedge funds delving into CDS and CDOs for the Mortgage market! And Thank the lucky Lord, none of these wishful thinking came true for me then!

*it wasnt that I simply wanted the money to make more money by investing in securities, I had more grandiose dreams of HSBC Guyerzeller sending a Relationship manager to my doorstep to do my private banking. I'd have Platinum Amex cards to buy business class airline tix for the buy 1 get 1 free scheme! I'd buy an old house at The Annex, and rent out all the 4 floors to the U of T kids! I'd be so rich, I can afford to be cheap! But I would shower off Tk.500 crore on a pharmaceutical plant in BD what with the WTO rules on Generic drugs not expiring till 2011. And I'd buy an executive Audi A8 W12 (the one in Transporter 2) as my ride. Someday it'll all happen without a lottery win coming my way!!

kalpurush
March 29, 2011, 02:38 PM
Recently there was a SINGLE winner for multi-state run lottery here in USA called the mega-millions. It went to $319 million USD

So what would you had you won this prize.

I will donate the money to our politicians that they wonn't run after money anymore and do something good for the country :)

iDumb
March 29, 2011, 06:04 PM
I would hire a massage therapist for my wife, available 24/7 that will be changed every week. Then I will have 3 chef preparing different food for her. Also 2 full time personal trainer....

Now that all the luxury is out - I will spend rest of my life trying to become a billionaire. And when I finally succeed, I will just give it all away I suppose....I mean I actually thought about it now, and there is nothing that I really want beside the "concept of having money". Personally, I don't need more than 5K a month to live the way I want to live.

One World
March 29, 2011, 07:36 PM
As now I have money enough I may go for winning the Nobel.

ammark
March 29, 2011, 10:44 PM
As now I have money enough I may go for winning the Nobel.

Bhai, apni'i ki Hasina apa?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Zeeshan
March 30, 2011, 04:10 PM
get laid...

One World
March 31, 2011, 11:30 PM
Bhai, apni'i ki Hasina apa?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

I am rethinking my options after seeing this stupidity, :lol:.

http://www.priyo.com/politics/2011/03/31/yunus-should-return-nobel-priz-22918.html

goru
April 1, 2011, 01:24 AM
I'll tell you what I'll do, man - Two chicks at the same time.

(thanks Office Space)

Zeeshan
April 1, 2011, 08:21 PM
I'll tell you what I'll do, man - Two chicks at the same time.

(thanks Office Space)

You need million dollars to get 2 girls? sigh

iDumb
April 1, 2011, 08:48 PM
You need million dollars to get 2 girls? sigh

he has taste unlike your $2 adventure.

Zeeshan
April 1, 2011, 08:56 PM
^Dude...you actually bothered to subscribe to this thread? Wow!

AhmedN
April 1, 2011, 09:29 PM
will open a cricket forum without the razakars.

iDumb
April 2, 2011, 12:29 AM
^Dude...you actually bothered to subscribe to this thread? Wow!

first of all what are you talking about? and what's so WOW about anyone subscribing to a thread? Go fight with your $2 horse instead of picking on me... cuz your probability of success with me is a high as the probability of you winning mega millions.

bujhee kom
April 2, 2011, 02:00 AM
heart fail korey more jabo money hoi.

Hoosh firey ashley....Ami amar party-ke + institute-ke shob taka die ditaam

Niche dekhun...look below, I would give all the money to my Janowar Party and Goru-Chagol Culinary training Institue

AhmedN
April 18, 2011, 06:08 PM
first of all what are you talking about? and what's so WOW about anyone subscribing to a thread? Go fight with your $2 horse instead of picking on me... cuz your probability of success with me is a high as the probability of you winning mega millions.
lol....:)