PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: World Cup Final Match:SL VS IND, April 2 14:30 local | 09:00 GMT | 15:00 BD IN Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai--Cup of Asia

Pages : [1] 2 3

Night_wolf
March 30, 2011, 12:12 PM
http://contempotechnologies.org/cricket-world-cup-2011/wp-content/uploads/world-cup-cricket-india-record.jpg http://i55.tinypic.com/t9gp5k.jpg http://cricketonline.pk/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/1996-Worldcup-Winners.jpg

Who will Win it This time

http://www.cricwaves.com/cricket/pics/players/dhoni.jpg OR http://sisu.typepad.com/.a/6a00d834518c7969e2011168a61b93970c-800wi

Game Begins April 2 14:30 local | 09:00 GMT | 15:00 BD IN Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai

Lets Hope For A Great Match

Shubho
March 30, 2011, 12:27 PM
Go Sri Lanka!

Sanga for President!

Go get 'em, Lions!

Nocturnal
March 30, 2011, 12:29 PM
Go ...... um! not sure whom to support .... :)

Night_wolf
March 30, 2011, 12:31 PM
Go ...... um! not sure whom to support .... :)

i say just enjoy!!...we support only BD:)

Murad
March 30, 2011, 12:39 PM
Srilanka Srilanka Srilanka
Just love this underrated team.

Go win the CUP boys!!!

Dilscoop
March 30, 2011, 12:41 PM
Both are host, both from subcon, both got trashed by Aus once before in the Final. Both Captains are keepers. Sachin vs Murali. Both team's legend playing their last world cup match.

roman
March 30, 2011, 12:46 PM
This will be an epic match. This will be Tendulkar and Marali's last world cup match. Wont it be great if Tendulkar gets his 100th century and Murali gets 5 wickets?

Shubho
March 30, 2011, 12:55 PM
This will be an epic match. This will be Tendulkar and Marali's last world cup match. Wont it be great if Tendulkar gets his 100th century and Murali gets 5 wickets?

Right you are. This will indeed be an epic clash. I'm hoping for a good game where Sri Lanka comes out in front. Love how a tiny, unassuming with comparatively limited resources country slays the big boys of cricket.

Leafs PWN
March 30, 2011, 12:57 PM
Go SL!!!!

Night_wolf
March 30, 2011, 01:00 PM
Both are host, both from subcon, both got trashed by Aus once before in the Final. Both Captains are keepers. Sachin vs Murali. Both team's legend playing their last world cup match.

and both of them finished 2nd win the group stages...****ing weird

Neel Here
March 30, 2011, 01:07 PM
I am sure BCCI has something to do with it. ;)

hope we win it though, with BCCI's help or without. :D

Nadim
March 30, 2011, 01:16 PM
http://www.kaputa.com/downloads/data/media/6/cricket_lasith_malinga2_102.jpg

Lanka all the way!!!! This time no will stop them!!!

Night_wolf
March 30, 2011, 01:17 PM
I am sure BCCI has something to do with it. ;)

hope we win it though, with BCCI's help or without. :D

oh you read my mind:cool:...i dont want sachin to win this cup!...why should he have everything in cricket??...i am jealous:D...on other note same goes for Murali too!..One is the leading wicket taker in both format and other leading run scorer...so Murali Has one WC..so Sachin Deserves it too...hmm so my support goes for Ind Now!!...Neel Bhai join with me!!...i am supporting Ind after 12years!..last supported them in 1999!:D

Night_wolf
March 30, 2011, 01:18 PM
i have a qus..how many lions lanka have?

Jonas
March 30, 2011, 01:20 PM
I support neither team. So, I will be able to enjoy the cricket instead of being anxious -- just like I managed to enjoy the India-Pakistan semi-final. But I get the feeling the match may turn out to be very one-sided. That's the last thing the cricket world needs after three very one-sided WC finals.

FaHiMa
March 30, 2011, 01:29 PM
COmmon SRI LANKA! You can do this!
Lets go lions! :)

Neel Here
March 30, 2011, 01:45 PM
oh you read my mind:cool:...i dont want sachin to win this cup!...why should he have everything in cricket??...i am jealous:D...on other note same goes for Murali too!..One is the leading wicket taker in both format and other leading run scorer...so Murali Has one WC..so Sachin Deserves it too...hmm so my support goes for Ind Now!!...Neel Bhai join with me!!...i am supporting Ind after 12years!..last supported them in 1999!:D

yay ! :)

Sovik
March 30, 2011, 01:54 PM
I don't care. I want to watch a good game. I have seen 3 one sided world cup final since 1999.

Ajfar
March 30, 2011, 01:56 PM
I want a tight finish. That's all I care for.

Go Murali!
Go Tendu!

Leafs PWN
March 30, 2011, 02:31 PM
Seeing all the happy, and festive Indian ppl all over the place gets me even more pissed off about BD. WHEN THE **** IS IT GONNA BE OUR TIME? ****ING WHEN? ****

Tiger-ess
March 30, 2011, 02:44 PM
I cant belive the World Cup is over :'(

Come on Sri Lankaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

Shehwar
March 30, 2011, 05:58 PM
Let's go Sri Lanka!!! It's your time to shine ...
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

munnabhai
March 30, 2011, 06:02 PM
I am supporting India again :)
Can't picture Srilanka winning this, India are way too strong.

Dilscoop
March 30, 2011, 06:25 PM
I cant belive the World Cup is over :'(

Come on Sri Lankaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

I know right. Just the other day we had the opening ceremony...

amar11432
March 30, 2011, 07:03 PM
Lets go Bangladesh

naim519
March 30, 2011, 08:34 PM
SRI LANKA!!!!!

Dilshan will rip through Tendulkar!!!

SL has a much better bowling and a batting team.

zman
March 30, 2011, 08:36 PM
When will this tournament be over and we can start focusing on the real series - BD vs Aus :D

That said my money is on Srilanka for 2011 World Champs

One World
March 30, 2011, 09:46 PM
Srilanka-r palla vaari. But India will win.

al-Sagar
March 30, 2011, 09:47 PM
i hope sachin will get a century ............... and the best team will win the best game of the tournamment

Buddhika_s
March 31, 2011, 01:12 AM
If we bat first,

Tharanga
Dilshan
Sanga
Mahela
Samare
Mathews
Perera
Kule
Malinga
Mendis
Murali

If we bat second, put in Kapugedera or Silva instead of Perera/Kule.

Perera is very good against India.

Buddhika_s
March 31, 2011, 01:13 AM
All in all, pretty good world cup for us. If we win this, it would be awesome. I will be really happy. But if we don't win, I will still be happy with our performance. You win some you lose some. :)

1996-Champions
2003-Semi finalists
2007-Runners up

and now 2011.

Neel Here
March 31, 2011, 01:26 AM
same here, of course I would love India to win but I won't mind that much if we lose to sri lanka.

@Buddhika, you can't choose your team after the toss. :D

I won't play mendis against India, all Indian batsmen can pick him off his hand and he has a pretty poor record against India in recent times. I would play herath.

F6_Turbo
March 31, 2011, 01:28 AM
SRI LANKA!!!!!

Dilshan will rip through Tendulkar!!!

SL has a much better bowling and a batting team.

Disagree

Zaheer has had a better WC than Malinga
Murali ahead of Harbhajan
Yuvraj in this tournament equal of Mendis
Ashwin equal of Herath
Matthews slightly ahead of Nehra/Patel

I actually think the bowling lineups are neck and neck, especially with the pitch that will be prepared.

In terms of batting

SL strength is with

Tharanga
Dilshan
Jaya
Sanga

the rest have been a real disappointment, with matthews being the exception.

As for India

Sehwag
Tendulkar
Gambhir
Raina
Yuvraj

Have been in good form, with Kohli in the last couple of match and Dhoni struggling.

So this really is anyones match, but playing at home, India slight favourites in my books.

Banglatiger84
March 31, 2011, 01:36 AM
India have had many great players in the "lost" generation (the India team in the 90s and early 00s) who didnt win a world cup; legends like Dravid, Ganguly and Kumble are all players who will never have won a world cup, a bit funny when you consider that Nehra and Harbhajan who are from the same generation could win the cup.

For Sri Lanka, almost all their good players were either there in 1996 or will be there now. The only exception is Atapattu.

Neel Here
March 31, 2011, 01:45 AM
nehra and bhajji are from the next gen. only sachin is from that generation. sachin, sourav, laxman and dravid have been playing together from when they were 13 year olds !! :wow:

Buddhika_s
March 31, 2011, 01:54 AM
Disagree

Zaheer has had a better WC than Malinga
Murali ahead of Harbhajan
Yuvraj in this tournament equal of Mendis
Ashwin equal of Herath
Matthews slightly ahead of Nehra/Patel

I actually think the bowling lineups are neck and neck, especially with the pitch that will be prepared.

In terms of batting

SL strength is with

Tharanga
Dilshan
Jaya
Sanga

the rest have been a real disappointment, with matthews being the exception.

As for India

Sehwag
Tendulkar
Gambhir
Raina
Yuvraj

Have been in good form, with Kohli in the last couple of match and Dhoni struggling.

So this really is anyones match, but playing at home, India slight favourites in my books.

If you just count the number of wickets each bowler has taken and rank them then even Dilshan is neck to neck with Harbajan Singh. Sure Zaheer Khan is statistically better than Malinga but you also have to look at crucial spells. Malinga in the semi finals was 3/55 in 9 overs. You might say he was expensive but you have to look at his third spell to realize that he's the one who triggered the NZ collapse at the end.

Yuvraj Singh is having a good run these days. Indians are exceptional against spin but Sri Lankans are also very good players of spin. Yuvraj might've picked crucial wickets but he's not consistent. At the end of the day, his bowling average is still 37. So will Yuvraj's bowling really work in the final?

And for it all to work, you have to look at how well do bowlers compliment each other. For that you have to look at how many runs each team conceded thus far. India let Bangladesh score 283 and England score 338 on them. Both were batting second under lights. It was a while ago and they might've gotten better, but we'll have to wait and see. All I'm saying is you can't compare bowlers or bowling units based upon the number of wickets they have taken.

Mendis's job is to be accurate and economical. Which he has done so far with an economy rate of 19, so I think he will probably play the final.

F6_Turbo
March 31, 2011, 02:03 AM
If you just count the number of wickets each bowler has taken and rank them then even Dilshan is neck to neck with Harbajan Singh. Sure Zaheer Khan is statistically better than Malinga but you also have to look at crucial spells. Malinga in the semi finals was 3/55 in 9 overs. You might say he was expensive but you have to look at his third spell to realize that he's the one who triggered the NZ collapse at the end.

Yuvraj Singh is having a good run these days. Indians are exceptional against spin but Sri Lankans are also very good players of spin. Yuvraj might've picked crucial wickets but he's not consistent. At the end of the day, his bowling average is still 37. So will Yuvraj's bowling really work in the final?

And for it all to work, you have to look at how well do bowlers compliment each other. For that you have to look at how many runs each team conceded thus far. India let Bangladesh score 283 and England score 338 on them. Both were batting second under lights. It was a while ago and they might've gotten better, but we'll have to wait and see. All I'm saying is you can't compare bowlers or bowling units based upon the number of wickets they have taken.

Mendis's job is to be accurate and economical. Which he has done so far with an economy rate of 19, so I think he will probably play the final.

-Zaheer has been THE crucial bowler for India, he has taken wickets in his opening spell, come back in the middle overs to break up dangerous partnerships(the wicket of Hussey against Australia in the QF) and taken wickets at the death.

-Yuvraj and his consistency, which is precisely why i added, 'in this tournament'

- I don't think I did compare the bowling lineups purely on numbers, now that I think about it, I didn't compare any of them by their statistical prowness, more on influence in this tournament. Which is why I put Matthews ahead of Nehra and Patel, in actual fact, they might have more wickets(I haven't checked).

Basically you're saying what I'm saying, there is very little between the two teams, on paper this is a very even match. Which is exactly what a final should be, with no CLEAR favourite.

I simply disagreed with the poster who said SL had a MUCH BETTER bowling and batting attack, specially in these conditions.

Neel Here
March 31, 2011, 02:47 AM
SL bowling is ahead, if not by a lot then quite some distance. they have better support pacers and a more varied spin attack.

Baundule
March 31, 2011, 05:07 AM
India is the better team.
But rooting for Sri Lanka. Go Lions, kick the BCCI team's ***.

Night_wolf
March 31, 2011, 05:36 AM
same here, of course I would love India to win but I won't mind that much if we lose to sri lanka.

When will BD win one!!.....:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

i want 4 Asian teams to be world champs

BCCI do something about this;)

F6_Turbo
March 31, 2011, 06:25 AM
Chaminda Vaas on stand-by for World Cup final

Press Association

Last Updated: Mar 31, 2011
Chaminda Vaas has not featured for Sri Lanka in an ODI since 2008.

Sri Lanka are to fly out the veteran left-armer Chaminda Vaas and the spinner Suraj Randiv as cover ahead of the World Cup final amid injury concerns over Muttiah Muralitharan and Angelo Mathews.

Spin legend Muralitharan is set to play the last match of his illustrious international career in Saturday’s Mumbai showpiece against India and marked his final delivery in his home country by taking the wicket of New Zealand’s Scott Styris.

But he has struggled throughout the tournament with a succession of niggling injuries, most notably knee and hamstring problems.

Mathews, meanwhile, was forced off by a thigh problem while fielding in the semi-final victory over the Black Caps and was forced to bat using Mahela Jayawardene as a runner.

Vaas would be an ideal replacement for Mathews, with his left-arm seam and useful runs from the lower middle-order. The 37-year-old pondered retiring from international cricket after being omitted from his country’s 15-man squad for the tournament.

Randiv, 26, will be available to deputise for Muralitharan should the 39-year-old not make it. It seems inconceivable, however, that a man who has taken 534 ODI wickets and a further 800 in Tests would not be patched up for a 350th and final appearance in the format.

No request has yet been made to officially add either player to the squad, the International Cricket Council confirmed to Press Association Sport, but they will fly out later today and will be available if required.

Meanwhile, Simon Taufel and Aleem Dar have been appointed as the on-field umpires for the final.

The pair have, between them, been named as the ICC’s Umpire of the Year for the last six years, with Taufel winning the award from 2004 to 2008 and Pakistan’s Dar taking the honours for the two years since.

Dar stood in the 2007 final between Australia and Sri Lanka, which ended in a farcical bad light misunderstanding, but Australian Taufel has had to wait for his chance due to his country’s presence - and victories - in the previous three finals.

England’s Ian Gould and another Australian, Steve Davis, will serve as third and fourth umpires respectively, while New Zealand’s Jeff Crowe has been named as the match referee.

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/cricket/chaminda-vaas-on-stand-by-for-world-cup-final

So while they might not play, and are being brought in as emergency cover, it highlights how restricted Matthews and Murali are atm...

I suppose people will continue to say SL has the much better bowling lineup going into the match in less than 48 hours time. Remember Matthews went off the field injured, and while batting, did so the entire match with a runner. He won't be allowed a runner against India(pre existing injury), and we all saw how stiff Murali has been the last couple of matches, not really powering into his delivery stride, so missing a bit of fizz from his bowling.

DJ Sahastra
March 31, 2011, 09:47 AM
I think this match-up is evenly balanced as far as the two teams are concerned.

Bowling: SL team has an edge over India as far as bowling goes. Malinga, Murali and Mendis, in the same order, are all impact players. Regardless of what kind of World cup they have had so far, they can rip through any side when they get going and win the match single-handedly. Indian bowlers, on the other hand, are at best effective and can only hunt in a pack. They also rely on helpful condition. Advantage Sri Lanka.

Batting: India team has an edge over SL in batting. Sehwag, Yuvraj, Pathan, and to a lesser extent on current form, Sachin - are all impact players. They can take the game away in a matter of few overs. Gambhir, Kohli and Sachin provide the solidity along with run-scoring prowess as good as anyone. For the SL side, Jaya and Sanga provide the solidity. Dilshan (and to a lesser extent, Sanga and Agnelo) are impact players. Collectively, i feel their batting is strong but untested in this World cup and lacks the pedigree. Advantage India.

Fielding: SL has a definite edge on this one.

Pressure: Sri Lanka hasn't demonstrated a good ability to handle pressure in the two games that they were really tested - against Pakistan and against NZ (though they eventually won against NZ). India showed that in ample terms in its last 2 crunch encounters. But then the pressure of playing in front of the home-crowd should even that out. Advantage - none.

Overall - the two teams are evenly matched. India is dashing and mercurial on the batting side and above average in bowling. Sri Lanka is dashing and mercurial on the bowling side and has a decent or more than decent batting line-up. It is simply a matter of who shows up on that day.

Beamer
March 31, 2011, 10:45 AM
Pretty much agree with you DJ. I will also give the bowling edge slightly to SL. They are a varied attack. Fielding edge goes to SL as well. But, India has a definite edge in batting, as you have mentioned. When you have Raina coming at no.7, that says a lot. It is also a batting line up mixed with experience and youthful good batsmen. SL has a little worry in their armour that has gone unnoticed. Their batting is very top heavy. Top four has won them games and they have scored heavily. They remind me a bit of South Africa. If you can get past Mahela early, I am not sure if Thilan at no.5 and an out of sorts Chamara at no.6 can win you games. Angelo is good at no.7, but he is battling injury. I think, if India can manage to get to top four, the game is India's to lose. That said, its a pretty even contest. India has all the pressure of winning at home. I think India escaped with a bad batting performance against Pak. SL wont spill regulation catches either. Batting first is also showing an obvious advantage in this WC. I think India wins in the end and the Legend hoists the much deserved cup.

Buddhika_s
March 31, 2011, 01:17 PM
Mathews won't be playing, so I hope either Sanga or Mahela drop down to number 5.

My team in case Mathews isn't fit

Tharanga
Dilshan
Sanga
Mahela
Samaraweera
Kapugedera
Perera
Vaas
Malinga
Mendis
Murali

SS
March 31, 2011, 01:25 PM
If SL wants to win it they have to get Shewag out early and ofcourse Tendu...Yuvi is also winning matches for Ind...
Murali's injury came at the wrong time but hope other spinners will compensate that loss...If Tharanga Dilshan can give good start there is chance othewise SL middleorder is not doing good job.

Neel Here
March 31, 2011, 01:39 PM
lankan top four is like iron shell, very hard to break through. the lower order is no slouch, perera has an excellent record against India.

str8_drive
March 31, 2011, 05:01 PM
Bharat Mata is going to administer a beating on a relatively untested Lankan side in Mumbai. I base this on the following:

1.) Excluding Mendis debut (Asia Cup and Test Series in Lanka) he has a piss poor record vs India. Don't expect him to trouble India in the finals which will be a major blow to Lanka.

2.) Sri Lanka (excluding asia cup where he took 6-13) has a piss poor record in ODIs vs Inida.

3.) Most importantly Sri Lanka have not been put under pressue during this tournament. You typically find in most competition that teams who coast through crumble in the face of pressure. India conversely are a tried and tested unit. Their matches vs Pak, England, SA and Australia will do them wonders come Mumbai.

4.) Sri Lanka has a very weak middle order. Matthews (is not 100% fit), Chamara Silva and Flat track bully Samarweera have not been tested this WC. To expect them to preform on the big stage if Lanka are in trouble may be too much to ask.

5.) Murali is not 100% - enough said.

satz
March 31, 2011, 05:48 PM
I think India escaped with a bad batting performance against Pak.

I disagree in that wicket after the first 15 overs became difficult as the ball was stopping.precisely why tendulkar was not his usual fluent self.

so they had to gauge a safe score by their instincts and raina at the end said "260 was good enough on this wicket".it was reasonably safe,though not unreachable.

however we were not prepared well enough vs riaz and ajmal, both largely unfamiliar to us. it could have been easier if we could read ajmal as we do to mendis nowadays

One World
March 31, 2011, 11:32 PM
Mathews unfit.

cricket_pagol
April 1, 2011, 12:46 AM
I will be rooting for Srilanka. There is no news on cricinfo that mattews is unfit... so most likely it is nothing serious.

Buddhika_s
April 1, 2011, 12:52 AM
I will be rooting for Srilanka. There is no news on cricinfo that mattews is unfit... so most likely it is nothing serious.

Mathews will not play.

Source: Island cricket spoke to his agent.

I hope they play Vaas and Perera.

cricketboy
April 1, 2011, 01:50 AM
Go Srilanka! Beat the hell outta India.

yashsaxena
April 1, 2011, 07:28 AM
I am with Indian Team.
As Sachin might be playing for his last world cup.
And he have not got the world cup through out his career; so he will try to remove this black mark from his career.

All The Best To Both The Team. . .

Nafi
April 1, 2011, 08:43 AM
I am with Indian Team.
As Sachin might be playing for his last world cup.
And he have not got the world cup through out his career; so he will try to remove this black mark from his career.

All The Best To Both The Team. . .

The World Cup is greater than one mere man.

roman
April 1, 2011, 09:15 AM
I want Sachin to score his 100th century and SL to win this cup...

Night_wolf
April 1, 2011, 10:42 AM
http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/130800/130870.jpg

CricketPagolChele
April 1, 2011, 11:00 AM
And the cup goes to SriLanka.................. and I love it.:flag:

kalpurush
April 1, 2011, 01:38 PM
Go Murali!
Go Tendu!
I wish for a tie. Let's cricket, Tendu and Murali win. :)

Xavier
April 1, 2011, 02:06 PM
I think SL could do it... they look like a very balanced team with no weaknesses, if Murali is fit they could have a glory day, and it would be deserved.

SS
April 1, 2011, 02:24 PM
I think SL could do it... they look like a very balanced team with no weaknesses, if Murali is fit they could have a glory day, and it would be deserved.

I would have said that too...but the game in in Ind..and Sachin wants to get his last World Cup...if it is in SL it would have been a different story...

Shaan
April 1, 2011, 03:05 PM
For Tendulkar I want India to win, so all the way India. Most importantly want an exciting neck to neck final !!

One World
April 1, 2011, 04:35 PM
For starters, I am planning to get a big bag of Lays and a large Pepsi.

Nafi
April 1, 2011, 05:07 PM
Too many Tendulkar love on this forum, the guy is over-idolised.

One World
April 1, 2011, 08:15 PM
India squad
MS Dhoni*†, V Sehwag, R Ashwin, PP Chawla, G Gambhir, Harbhajan Singh, Z Khan, V Kohli, A Nehra, MM Patel, YK Pathan, SK Raina, S Sreesanth, SR Tendulkar, Yuvraj Singh
Sri Lanka squad
KC Sangakkara*†, DPMD Jayawardene, TM Dilshan, CRD Fernando, HMRKB Herath, S Randiv, CK Kapugedera, KMDN Kulasekara, SL Malinga, BAW Mendis, M Muralitharan, NLTC Perera, TT Samaraweera, LPC Silva, WU Tharanga

al-Sagar
April 1, 2011, 08:35 PM
if the game is a tie ....

the third host nation should be given the CHAMPIONSHIP

Zeeshan
April 1, 2011, 08:35 PM
You guys sicken me. I thought this was cricket! I thought this was world cup! Just because BD is not playing, all of a sudden whole forum is dead? Where was all your ultra-zealous nationalistic chest-thumping before Bangladesh got test status? Don't tell me you didn't support the sub-continent teams.

I know everyone is privy to their hates and superhates, but to hate the sub-continent teams shows total insecurity issues.

As for me, I am looking forward to a great contest. Once a commie snubbed Shastri about his support when the latter curtly replied: "I am here for a good game of cricket." And that's how it should be.... But alas! people have been overloading the sports variable with too much of their pathological fears that takes the charm and purity out of the sport.

~always dogmatic Zeeshan

magic boy
April 1, 2011, 10:27 PM
http://paloadmin.prothom-aloblog.com:8088/resize/maxDim/340x1000/img/uploads/media/2011-04-01-08-55-57-059804000-000.jpg

Model Poonam Pandey to strip naked if India win Cricket World Cup
India's Poonam Pandey has followed in the footsteps of many a beautiful model by getting pulses racing and vowing to strip naked if her country wins the World Cup.

...........(more (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Parents-okay-with-Poonam-stripping/articleshow/7843410.cms))
>:D

One World
April 1, 2011, 10:44 PM
From a fb post:

‎"Two engineering students were walking across campus when one said, "Where did you get such a great bike?"

The second engineer replied, "Well, I was walking along yesterday minding my own business when a beautiful woman rode up on
this bike.... She threw the bike to the ground, took off all her clothes and said, "Take what you want."

The second engineer nodded approvingly, "Good choice; the clothes probably wouldn't have fit you.""

Now Dhoni will be happy with the bike I think provided that he is also an engineer.

Ajfar
April 1, 2011, 11:10 PM
Good post Zeeshan bhai. I for one am excited to see the cup come back to Asia. Murali and Sachin are two of my favorite players, so I am hoping for one heck of an end to their career.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

One World
April 1, 2011, 11:48 PM
I am so excited!

Night_wolf
April 2, 2011, 12:28 AM
I am so excited!

for the match or magic_boy's post?;)

xunta
April 2, 2011, 12:42 AM
A tale of three neighbors:
neighbor "A" used to live in my upstairs flat for 25 years (despite having his own bigger home not too far away); he refused to pay rent and would extort half my salary.. when i asked him to leave, he destroyed my home but i got him out.. this was 40 years ago but he's never apologized since..

neighbor "B" uses his BB gun to fire pellets in my window for no good reason from time to time.. he's also constructed a big ugly fence so i stay away from him yet hes constantly breathing down my neck to keep an eye on what i do and who i welcome to my home..

- neighbor "C" lives all the way in the other end of the neighborhood so we rarely meet.. ive heard he's got a violent temper and is quite brutal with his brother-in-law who lives in a tiny room upstairs from him..he leaves me alone though

moral of the story: when India, Pakistan or Sri Lanka play against one another, who can you support as a Bangladeshi?
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

One World
April 2, 2011, 01:23 AM
Here it comes, battle of all battles.

One World
April 2, 2011, 01:45 AM
Another 2+ hr, contemplating whether to take a nap or go autopilot?

Sohel
April 2, 2011, 02:43 AM
Go Sri Lanka!

Banglatiger84
April 2, 2011, 02:44 AM
i am worried about sl's middle order.
Also, the IPL team formations meant that Dhoni and Raina have batted a lot against Murali in practice sessions probably, and Sachin against Malinga so that takes away quite a bit of the surprise factor for Indian batsmen

Rifat
April 2, 2011, 02:57 AM
Too many Tendulkar love on this forum, the guy is over-idolised.

Good point Nafi! I think Tamim and Shakib faced a similar problem hence they underperformed this world cup :(

it is ok. it is in their early stage of their career, They are young. eventually they should learn to deal with fans and media professionally. They must learn to grow out of it! people were basically fueling their arrogance and end result we saw it on the big screen!

Similar reasons why People like Ashraful, Aftab, Kapali underperformed in international cricket contrary to their natural talent methinks!

Shaan
April 2, 2011, 03:02 AM
The teams are balanced but India have the edge of heavy batting line up whereas Srilanka completely dependent on Sanga, Jaya and Dilu mia...

India: Sehwag, Gamsa, Tendulkar, Yuvoraj, Dhoni and Raina so its like Three against six match turners, but hey you never know. But I want India to win after seeing Magic_boys magical post :)

Naimul_Hd
April 2, 2011, 03:09 AM
How about Tendu scores 100th 100 and loses the game ?! Perfect scenario for me !! GO LIONS GO !! Bleed the Blues to death. :)) :applause:

Neel Here
April 2, 2011, 03:11 AM
http://paloadmin.prothom-aloblog.com:8088/resize/maxDim/340x1000/img/uploads/media/2011-04-01-08-55-57-059804000-000.jpg

Model Poonam Pandey to strip naked if India win Cricket World Cup
India's Poonam Pandey has followed in the footsteps of many a beautiful model by getting pulses racing and vowing to strip naked if her country wins the World Cup.

...........(more (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Parents-okay-with-Poonam-stripping/articleshow/7843410.cms))
>:D

oi bjp ailo ! :lol:
most of the players are married, their wives would kill them if they witness any such incident. :D

kalpurush
April 2, 2011, 03:19 AM
:lol:
most of the players are married, their wives would kill them if they witness any such incident. :D
That's why you are so happy?!;)

kalpurush
April 2, 2011, 03:28 AM
From CI:
1355 It's a rather small ground is the Wankhede. Largest boundary is 76 meters, the smallest is 58. Nasser Hussain, on Star Cricket, says the pitch is dying to turn. Ganguly says there isn't enough grass cover, but the little moisture in it will make the new ball seam. You'd want to bat first though. Ganguly reckons India will play three quicks.
Sreesanth is marking his run-up now. So that is a pretty strong indicator ...
1345 The Wankhede has gone from 5% full to 70% full in about an hour. The teams are going through their paces, warming-up, taking catches. The Indians are on the east, the nosier side of the ground. The Sri Lankans on the west, where it's relatively quieter. And between them, there's that bare, brown 22-yard strip both captains will hope to win the toss on. In an ideal world, the pitch will confer no advantage on the team winning the toss. But it isn't an ideal world, is it?
"Zaheer getting his legs stretched so much that if anyone did this to us we would roll over and howl for mummy," says Sharda. Sreesanth is bowling on the practice wickets. Zaheer and Munaf are marking their run-ups on the match pitch. Sreesanth isn't marking his run up yet. The plot thickens.
1330 All the experts on Star Cricket are saying Ashwin ahead of Sreesanth. Dhoni has indicated a preference for three seamers, though, so your guess is as good as mine. I do think Sri Lanka will make a few changes to their team though. Toss in 30 minutes.
1315 Both these teams had a chance to win a World Cup in the 21st century but failed against the might of a marauding Australian batsman. In 2003, Ricky Ponting plundered a century of breathtaking aggressiveness, leaving my common room in college - and common rooms everywhere in India - shell shocked. In 2007, Adam Gilchrist, with squash ball in batting glove, blitzed Sri Lanka with a century more devastating than Ponting's. I never played fantasy cricket after that final.

Nadim
April 2, 2011, 03:31 AM
hahah wtf is happening with the toss??

Nadim
April 2, 2011, 03:31 AM
Lanka won the toss and batting:) Gd decision

kalpurush
April 2, 2011, 03:35 AM
Toss 1400: There's some confusion over who's won the toss. What drama. And they are doing a re-toss. No one heard who called what the first time. Kumar Sangakkara has won the re-toss and Sri Lanka will bat, a massive moment.
Sreesanth is in, playing ahead of R Ashwin for the injured Ashish Nehra. That's the only change India have made from the team that beat Pakistan in the semi-final.
Sri Lanka have made a glut of changes. Mathews, Mendis, Herath and Chamara Silva are out. Perera, Randiv, Kulasekara and Chamara Kapugedera are playing the final. So they've gone for more firepower in their middle order.
How much will be enough? "Anything we get on the board will be good enough," says Sangakkara. That's the best answer to that question I've heard.
I don't know how he manages it so often, here's early bird Mark Kidger: "I think that India will win, but I'd like to see Sri Lanka pull off a surprise after two near misses. People tend to obsess on India, but what Sri Lanka have achieved since 1982 with far fewer resources and with all the problems that the country has had is nothing short of miraculous. Who would begrudge Muttiah Muralitharan a spectacular send-off?"

simon
April 2, 2011, 03:41 AM
good luck sri,

cricman
April 2, 2011, 03:44 AM
Sangakarra the Cheat Accusations has already begun

Social media Feed (http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1VEAD_enUS405US405&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=sangakkara+cheat#q=sangakkara+cheat&hl=en&rlz=1C1VEAD_enUS405US405&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbs=mbl:1&ei=DeGWTaLrM42SgQfkluDHCA&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=9&ved=0CA4Q_AUoCA&prmdo=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=f38fdc02ce41e8f3)

Neel Here
April 2, 2011, 03:54 AM
this is very poor from sanga, he called tails and when he realised he had lost the toss he turned around and said he hadn't called ! damn sanga, I have lost all my respect for you.

cricman
April 2, 2011, 03:55 AM
Sangakarra has stuffed Dhoni.. He shouted Tail in the 1 st toss and lost it .. You can hear it in on air.

- Micheal Vaughn

This will not end well

Banglatiger84
April 2, 2011, 04:00 AM
if he had called tails, why didnt the match referee point it out?

I am also a bit surprised they made 4 changes....

and batting first may not be good if SL cant cope with Zaheer, India just have to get Sangakkara and the 2 openers out

kalpurush
April 2, 2011, 04:00 AM
Stat: CI

Since 2000, of the eight finals contested, India are yet to win against Sri Lanka while chasing. Two of the matches were abandoned in 2002. India have lost three matches by a margin of 100 runs or more. But that's only history.

One World
April 2, 2011, 04:06 AM
The crybaby to bowl

kalpurush
April 2, 2011, 04:06 AM
this is very poor from sanga, he called tails and when he realised he had lost the toss he turned around and said he hadn't called ! damn sanga, I have lost all my respect for you.
How low player/s can go these days?!!! I am really surprised. What a shame!!

MohammedC
April 2, 2011, 04:17 AM
Will miss it from now. Have to go to work.

Rubu
April 2, 2011, 04:20 AM
What the hell SL? where are the boundaries? It is the Indian bowling you are facing, not some world class stuff or something.

Rabz
April 2, 2011, 04:22 AM
Sanga called, nobody heard. Its not his fault. While they were trying to figure out who called what and the winning side of the coin was already shining bright on the ground, IF Sanga wanted, he could have easily gone for that. He didnt.

He did the right thing by going for a re toss. Every party involved should be clear about what's going on. If any confusion, redo it. The two captains and the match referee was standing next to each other. Its not Sanga's fault nobody heard him. Im sure he wasn't just mumbling it. Apparently, it was too noisy.

This is world cup finals, the mother of all battles. Everything is fair and square.
If anyone should be blamed, it should be the match referee for failing to do his job properly.
All he was asked to go out in the middle and hear who called head/tails and then go back to his air conditioned cocoon. But he failed to do that.
I'm not gonna blame Sanga for that.

Winning is everything.

Rubu
April 2, 2011, 04:23 AM
Why the toss thingy and now this? Part or a script?

Murad
April 2, 2011, 04:25 AM
Srilanka er ki hoise? erokom kheltese ken

One World
April 2, 2011, 04:26 AM
What a gay dancing

Rabz
April 2, 2011, 04:26 AM
Nerves are yet to settle down.

Rabz
April 2, 2011, 04:27 AM
...and now, the shackles are broken....
first boundary of the match....

One World
April 2, 2011, 04:29 AM
Onek koshte duita chair marse :D

Roni_uk
April 2, 2011, 04:31 AM
Sitting at the airport....
No tv :(.... Following cricinfo on iPad

Rubu
April 2, 2011, 04:32 AM
SL taka khaise. Indian bowlers cannot possibly be this good

SS
Tharanga gone..interesting...SL top order was only the hope...Ind got break through...another one sided match on the card if they get few more wickets soon

Roni_uk
Zahir khan... 3 overs 3 maiden.... 1 wck... Wahhhh

SS
April 2, 2011, 04:33 AM
SL taka khaise. Indian bowlers cannot possibly be this good

amrao khaisilam prothom match...SL Khaielo last match e...Poonam getting ready

Roni_uk
April 2, 2011, 04:34 AM
Tharanga gone..interesting...SL top order was only the hope...Ind got break through...another one sided match on the card if they get few more wickets soon

This one gonna be far from a one sided match.... It's SL we are talkiwng about

SS
April 2, 2011, 04:36 AM
Zahir khan... 3 overs 3 maiden.... 1 wck... Wahhhh

Wasim Akram to ato bhalo ball korte parena...so Zahir>>>Wasim...

Rabz
April 2, 2011, 04:39 AM
..Poonam getting ready

Would that be part of live telecast ??? :D

roman
April 2, 2011, 04:41 AM
SL under pressure..

One World
April 2, 2011, 04:41 AM
India jaan dia run thekaitese..:D

SS
April 2, 2011, 04:42 AM
SL under pressure..

Yeap not sure I thought they are not like us! hmmm SL=BD today

SS
April 2, 2011, 04:42 AM
India jaan dia run thekaitese..:D

SL jaan dia block kortase..:D

hishpishal
April 2, 2011, 04:45 AM
can anyone give me the best link to watch uninterrupted? aussie idiots are not even showing the final! GOd save them....

kalpurush
April 2, 2011, 04:46 AM
Would that be part of live telecast ??? :D
Voy-dor nai dekhi!!!;)

Zunaid
April 2, 2011, 04:50 AM
The fielding has been excellent.

Rabz
April 2, 2011, 04:50 AM
Voy-dor nai dekhi!!!;)

Missus not much into cricket.
So she wont be keeping an eye on the tele.

SS
April 2, 2011, 04:51 AM
Missus not much into cricket.
So she wont be keeping an eye on the tele.

now i see why ur fav player is HM Ershad

One World
April 2, 2011, 04:52 AM

Did it start already? ;)

SS
April 2, 2011, 04:53 AM

agree...khan shaheb made wasim dudh bhat today...dont know how he is bowling really good this wc

Zunaid
April 2, 2011, 04:56 AM
agree...khan shaheb made wasim dudh bhat today...dont know how he is bowling really good this wc

nijeke ghush dise

Seriously - he wants this. If you want it badly enough, you do what it takes.

SS
April 2, 2011, 04:58 AM
Shewag will score 34 runs in two overs...

If BD was playing i guess we would have scored more runs but losing 4 wkts...

kalpurush
April 2, 2011, 04:59 AM
This is just in: Replays of the toss indicate decisively that Sangakkara called heads the first time as well, and the call is audible to the television producers. In the noise, Dhoni mis-heard it as a 'tails' call. It was why he turned towards Shastri saying, "we'll bat." However neither Shastri nor Crowe had heard Sangakkara's call, Crowe due to the noise, while Shastri was looking up at the coin. Shastri looked across to Crowe, the referee said, "I didn't hear it." There was then a brief conversation and it was decided the toss had to be held again.

Sanga wasn't cheating. :)

Rifat_02
April 2, 2011, 05:03 AM
I cant understand all this big deal about the toss.
Its not like he manipulated the chances of him winning it 2nd time. Match referee was just beside.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

SS
April 2, 2011, 05:03 AM
nijeke ghush dise

Seriously - he wants this. If you want it badly enough, you do what it takes.

eita to interesting concept...but Ind really wants to do this no matter what, so they look very positive and their fans are ready for this too no matter what (ajke parents der kobor ase)

Rabz
April 2, 2011, 05:06 AM
now i see why ur fav player is HM Ershad

চিকিৎসা বিজ্ঞানের উন্নতি বিষয়ক আন্তর্জাতিক সেমিনার হচ্ছিলো।
ইংল্যাণ্ডের ডাক্তার বললেন, আমাদের দেশে একটা শিশু জন্ম নিলো যার একটা পা ছিল না। আমরা নকল পা লাগিয়ে দিলাম। বড় হয়ে সে অলিম্পিকে ১০০ মিটার দৌড়ে চ্যাম্পিয়ন হলো!

জার্মানির ডাক্তার বললেন, আমাদের দেশে এক শিশু জন্ম নিলো যার দুটি হাত ছিল না। আমরা নকল হাত লাগিয়ে দিলাম। বড় হয়ে সে মুষ্টিযুদ্ধে স্বর্ণপদক পেলো!!

সবশেষে বাংলাদেশের ডাক্তার বললেন, আমাদের দেশে একদা দুটি মেয়ে শিশু জন্ম নিলো- যাদের হাত-পা সবই ঠিক ছিল, শুধু মাথায় মগজ ছিল না। আমরা সেখানে গোবর ঢুকিয়ে দিলাম। বললে বিশ্বাস করবেন কিনা জানি না, দু জনেই দেশের শীর্ষপদে বসেছিলেন।

At the age of 80+, Ershad still talks much sense.
Just an offtopic joke.

SS
April 2, 2011, 05:06 AM
Ajke Bhaji amon akkan chor dibo...

One World
April 2, 2011, 05:07 AM
Duita chaar hoise.

SS
April 2, 2011, 05:08 AM
ইংল্যাণ্ডের ডাক্তার বললেন, আমাদের দেশে একটা শিশু জন্ম নিলো যার একটা পা ছিল না। আমরা নকল পা লাগিয়ে দিলাম। বড় হয়ে সে অলিম্পিকে ১০০ মিটার দৌড়ে চ্যাম্পিয়ন হলো!

জার্মানির ডাক্তার বললেন, আমাদের দেশে এক শিশু জন্ম নিলো যার দুটি হাত ছিল না। আমরা নকল হাত লাগিয়ে দিলাম। বড় হয়ে সে মুষ্টিযুদ্ধে স্বর্ণপদক পেলো!!

সবশেষে বাংলাদেশের ডাক্তার বললেন, আমাদের দেশে একদা দুটি মেয়ে শিশু জন্ম নিলো- যাদের হাত-পা সবই ঠিক ছিল, শুধু মাথায় মগজ ছিল না। আমরা সেখানে গোবর ঢুকিয়ে দিলাম। বললে বিশ্বাস করবেন কিনা জানি না, দু জনেই দেশের শীর্ষপদে বসেছিলেন।

Just an offtopic joke.

:floor:

Nadim
CryBaby Sree is trying hard to be the villain today :D

kalpurush
Other than Zaheer, India lacks good bowlers...

One World
April 2, 2011, 05:09 AM
free free hit

SS
April 2, 2011, 05:10 AM
Ajke Sreesnath re chipa golite niya ...kobor ase er

al Furqaan
April 2, 2011, 05:10 AM
2nd no ball from Sree...and 4.

Nadim
April 2, 2011, 05:11 AM

Just an offtopic joke.
:clap::notworthy::chhoylaal::chhoylaal::chhoylaal: :floor:

Hashi pailam re bhai...onek hashi pailam....ei choto story ta jodi prothom alo te chapaite partam tahole onek bhalo hoito....

SS
April 2, 2011, 05:13 AM
indiainfo describes each ball commentary very nicely

One World
April 2, 2011, 05:14 AM
Drinks break hobe na?

Rabz
April 2, 2011, 05:14 AM
This is just in: Replays of the toss indicate decisively that Sangakkara called heads the first time as well, and the call is audible to the television producers. In the noise, Dhoni mis-heard it as a 'tails' call. It was why he turned towards Shastri saying, "we'll bat." However neither Shastri nor Crowe had heard Sangakkara's call, Crowe due to the noise, while Shastri was looking up at the coin. Shastri looked across to Crowe, the referee said, "I didn't hear it." There was then a brief conversation and it was decided the toss had to be held again.

Sanga wasn't cheating. :)

How can you possibly hear "Head" as "Tails". ??
They'd sound so different.
Apparently realising SL won the toss, there was either "too noise", "looking at the coin", "mis hearing head to tails" !!! Bah bah !!
It all started FOR india even before the coin was tossed !!!

al-Sagar
April 2, 2011, 05:15 AM
khela to besh jome utheche ... ...

al Furqaan
April 2, 2011, 05:17 AM
Apparently realising SL won the toss, there was either "too noise", "looking at the coin", "mis hearing head to tails" !!! Bah bah !!

kee bolen bhai? arekto sposhto kore bolen.

al-Sagar
April 2, 2011, 05:17 AM
RR 4 for the first time

roman
April 2, 2011, 05:18 AM
270-280 na hole khela jombe na

al-Sagar
April 2, 2011, 05:20 AM
SPIN introduced

Rabz
April 2, 2011, 05:20 AM
kee bolen bhai? arekto sposhto kore bolen.

Did you see the toss incident at the beginning ??
It was re tossed after an initial confusion.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc_cricket_worldcup2011/content/current/story/509133.html

kalpurush
April 2, 2011, 05:21 AM
Valid points ^^^ are.

On the contrary, we give away everything to our opponent/s even we deserve it!
Tigers are way high in moral IMO.

One World
April 2, 2011, 05:22 AM
Harbhi doing well. Khobor ache.

Roni_uk
April 2, 2011, 05:23 AM
Don't think sreesanth is coming bck to ball again for India (ever :))

Rifat_02
April 2, 2011, 05:24 AM
I would be so happy if we get a good final. The first since 96. All finals since then were over after 30 overs. So one sided
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Abid_Khan
April 2, 2011, 05:25 AM
Anyone got any links to watch?

One World
April 2, 2011, 05:30 AM
hitcric.info

Roni_uk
April 2, 2011, 05:30 AM
Dilshan gone :(

One World
April 2, 2011, 05:32 AM
ungli ka tingli

One World
April 2, 2011, 05:35 AM
That is an atrocious outfit.

kalpurush
April 2, 2011, 05:36 AM
The way SL playing, I don't think they have any chance...today?

One World
April 2, 2011, 05:37 AM
next 20 over ghum dibo vabtesi.

roman
April 2, 2011, 05:38 AM
মনের মত ফাইনাল হচ্ছে না :(

simon
April 2, 2011, 05:40 AM
Sri needs a run a ball 50+,Sanga needs to get a 100.

simon
April 2, 2011, 05:44 AM
Sree bowling pretty fast.

simon
April 2, 2011, 05:46 AM
Sri are not finding gaps easily.

simon
April 2, 2011, 05:53 AM
Ind are brilliant in the field.

Sovik
April 2, 2011, 06:14 AM
Yuvraj is in the wickets

simon
April 2, 2011, 06:15 AM
cant blve Sanga gone :(

kalpurush
April 2, 2011, 06:18 AM
Sanga gone!

al-Sagar
April 2, 2011, 06:34 AM
kee mone hocche ???? Bangladesh kee jitte parbe ???

kalpurush
April 2, 2011, 06:41 AM
Tendu bowling!

kalpurush
April 2, 2011, 06:42 AM
InshAllah!

simon
April 2, 2011, 06:46 AM
great time for Jaya to get back in form.

simon
April 2, 2011, 06:48 AM

thik bujhlam na.

kalpurush
April 2, 2011, 06:48 AM
Mahela gets his 50

Nadim
April 2, 2011, 06:49 AM
Mahela's wife..stay there
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

simon
April 2, 2011, 06:49 AM
who got a very good link that doen't turn off every 5 min pls?

simon
April 2, 2011, 06:51 AM
good partnership,40 from 42.

simon
April 2, 2011, 06:53 AM
lovely touch for a boundary from classical Jaya.

Nadim
April 2, 2011, 06:53 AM
Kholi bowling now.lol

nahaz
April 2, 2011, 06:59 AM
Hey guys! Looks like I'm supporting Lanka like most of you guys.

What do you thik the tactic should be? I think try to hold onto this wicket for another 6 overs for another 45 runs. Then take powerplay in over 41 and go for 9 an over if not more.

Without looking at the pitch, I think Sri Lanka can reach 300.

roman
April 2, 2011, 07:00 AM
Anything over 260 should be good

simon
April 2, 2011, 07:05 AM
such a pleasure to see Jaya bttng like that.

simon
April 2, 2011, 07:06 AM
Anything over 260 should be good

won't be good engh to defend,Sri need 275+

simon
April 2, 2011, 07:08 AM
WTF? but it's pitching outside no?

AsifTheManRahman
April 2, 2011, 07:09 AM
Are the Bangladeshi cricketers watching? This is how ODI batting should be approached. When the bowling is good, sweat it out. Timing and placement can yield more boundaries than ugly heaves and scoops. Singles and doubles can get the scoreboard ticking at six an over.

simon
April 2, 2011, 07:10 AM
I don't understnd the revw system.

AsifTheManRahman
Shouldn't matter as long as the impact is in line with the stumps. Unless of course it pitches outside the leg stump.

Nadim

Would have been notout if the bowl wasn't hitting the middle stump

simon
April 2, 2011, 07:11 AM
ok got it thanks.

Banglatiger84
April 2, 2011, 07:11 AM
But its the best player of this world cup Yuvraj appealing, and its India in their home country, so it had to be out after a review

al-Sagar
April 2, 2011, 07:15 AM
kapu gone .....

zaheer takes another one

simon
bullshit,Sri seriously miss MAthews here.

Nadim
Damn..mini collapse

Leafs PWN

kalpurush
April 2, 2011, 07:16 AM
5 down

Leafs PWN
April 2, 2011, 07:17 AM
This isn't looking good for SL.

roman
April 2, 2011, 07:18 AM
Things are not looking good for SL. India has a very strong batting line up. Gotta put some runs on the board....

nahaz
April 2, 2011, 07:19 AM
Revised target...Mahela to bat out the overs. If he stays Sri Lanka willget sth fairly good. If he attacks and gets out now (183/5 after 40) then Lanka is in big trouble. Not to play out he 50 overs would be a huge crime here. Every run will count.

Yes Bangladeshi batsmen should learn from this..but surely they wouldn't. That is the one thing I believe they can do consistently.

roman
April 2, 2011, 07:20 AM
Lets not talk about BD now. Dont wanna start feeing sad all over again :(

Nadim
April 2, 2011, 07:21 AM
Yuvraj gets 16 wk in this wc...can't believe it....is he really that good?

Banglatiger84
April 2, 2011, 07:22 AM
I dont think it was a good plan to play with 5 bowlers who cant bat, particularly when the 6th batsman was someone who never batted before in this tournament

Nadim
April 2, 2011, 07:23 AM
Perrara is still to come...260 hobe.....he have awesome record against India too

Leafs PWN
April 2, 2011, 07:23 AM
damn nice stop there

Night_wolf
April 2, 2011, 07:24 AM
so shachin finally gets a WC

roman
April 2, 2011, 07:24 AM
Since when India started fielding so good?

Leafs PWN
April 2, 2011, 07:25 AM
kulusekara look alot like nuwan zoysa

Nadim
April 2, 2011, 07:27 AM
Out of 31,000 crowd, I see half of them is bollywood stars...feeling for those poor fans who waited day and night for a ticket and still didn't get one:(

CricFanBD
April 2, 2011, 07:29 AM
kulusekara look alot like nuwan zoysa

Singer Asif (BD)

CricFanBD
April 2, 2011, 07:30 AM
Singer Asif (BD)

Jaya looks like Bonna Mirza (Tv Actress-BD)

ha ha

roman
April 2, 2011, 07:30 AM
Out of 31,000 crowd, I see half of them is bollywood stars...feeling for those poor fans who waited day and night for a ticket and still didn't get one:(

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
AFAIK only 4,000 for the poor fans. Most of the tickets for the clubs, stars and big shots.

Leafs PWN
April 2, 2011, 07:32 AM
not out

nahaz
Holy crap!! India 7 overs behind the run rate!!!! If they do not get seriously penalised here you know the ICC stands for Indian Cricket Council. If runs can be awarded as penalties for breach of the spirit of the game, they definitely should be penalised in runs.

Nadim
It's not India....its Rain and YuvrajSince when India started fielding so good?

nahaz
April 2, 2011, 07:33 AM
AFAIK only 4,000 for the poor fans. Most of the tickets for the clubs, stars and big shots.

If that is true, that is a slap in the face of everyday Indians. Once again showing the difference in previledges awarded to different classes....

Leafs PWN
April 2, 2011, 07:35 AM
start hitting

Nadim
April 2, 2011, 07:35 AM
See Roman bhai.lol

Leafs PWN
April 2, 2011, 07:36 AM
If that is true, that is a slap in the face of everyday Indians. Once again showing the difference in previledges awarded to different classes....

how many poor fans can afford those tickets? needto be realistic here

roman
April 2, 2011, 07:37 AM
See Roman bhai.lol

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

lol...first one though

Shaan
April 2, 2011, 07:41 AM
250-260 would be done enough here !!

Xavier
April 2, 2011, 07:43 AM
Does anybody knows why Mendis is not playing? Is he injured?

nahaz
April 2, 2011, 07:44 AM
how many poor fans can afford those tickets? needto be realistic here

How about those middle class fans...students that were willing to save up for three months to watch this one? Or the young teachers or the young cricketers? It should be open to those who love it the most, not ones who just want to show their faces on tv for some gain or other. Same goes for Bangladesh during the ceremonies etc. with speeches and stuff.

Leafs PWN
April 2, 2011, 07:44 AM
****ing lag ****

Shaan
April 2, 2011, 07:48 AM
now kula is playing kulascoop !!:)

Leafs PWN
April 2, 2011, 07:48 AM
260 looks attainable now

_Rafi_
April 2, 2011, 07:51 AM
No slogging yet they are scoring. Good batting.

Shaan
April 2, 2011, 07:51 AM
260 looks attainable now
considering the wicket that total will be challenging enough !!

Nadim
April 2, 2011, 07:52 AM
Wat a shot kulu:fire:

Shaan
kulaSIX !!

_Rafi_
Zaheer just bowl a lollipop to Kula...6!

Leafs PWN
huge 6

Leafs PWN
April 2, 2011, 07:53 AM
**** that was close

Nadim
April 2, 2011, 07:54 AM
Take a bow jaya....

Shaan
man these two are tightening the screw !!

_Rafi_
Century for Jayawardene. Congrats.

Leafs PWN
April 2, 2011, 07:55 AM
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

roman
WOW JAYA superb innings

Nadim
100 up for The legend Jaya....one of the best I seen in recent time tbh:bravo:

Shaan
April 2, 2011, 07:56 AM
Mahela played again the role innings here at crucial time, now lets see can Tendulkar do it today?

well done JAYA !!

Leafs PWN
April 2, 2011, 07:57 AM
How about those middle class fans...students that were willing to save up for three months to watch this one? Or the young teachers or the young cricketers? It should be open to those who love it the most, not ones who just want to show their faces on tv for some gain or other. Same goes for Bangladesh during the ceremonies etc. with speeches and stuff.

doubt a student can save 1 lakh in 3 months

In the end, it goes to the highest bidder. same as the superbowl in the states

Nadim
Out doesn't matter...Perrara is coming

roman
260 ki hobe?

_Rafi_
Good innings by Kula. Way better than our Riyad, Ash and NaiMama.
We want Kula the batsman in BD team.

Shaan
April 2, 2011, 07:58 AM
260 ki hobe?
hobe..

Nadim
April 2, 2011, 07:59 AM
It's gonna be a short break....blame Dhoni

Shaan
April 2, 2011, 08:01 AM
ajke India'r khobor ache !!

Leafs PWN
take a ****ign single u idiot

Leafs PWN
260 ki hobe?

easily. question holo 270 hobe kina

roman
April 2, 2011, 08:02 AM
lets target 270 now

roman
April 2, 2011, 08:05 AM
260 up

Nadim
April 2, 2011, 08:06 AM
Perrara again

Shaan
ei bujhi 270 hoilo.. India'r valoi khobor ache !!

simon
maar Johir re.:-D

Leafs PWN
April 2, 2011, 08:07 AM
**** yea

Shaan
April 2, 2011, 08:07 AM
haha SIX !!