View Full Version : Blackberry help.
April 1, 2011, 12:25 PM
So my mom has a Blackberry curve. She is going to Bangladesh next week. Now she is going to be using a local GP sim over there. Now I need to know couple of things. How do I unlock the phone so that she can use it in Bangladesh? Is that all i need to do if she wants to use it over their? The phone is currently locked to Rogers.
April 1, 2011, 12:49 PM
Unlocking is all you would need if it is a GSM phone (Nothing you can do with CDMA, as far as I know). To unlock, there is a free website freemyblackberry.com, you can try that or try other paid/unpaid sites.
April 1, 2011, 12:58 PM
One thing I must add, many carriers in US, if you ask them, they will unlock the phone (no fixed policy but depends on the mood of the rep at the time) for a limited period of time. So, if you tell them you are going out of country and want to use the phone there for a while, they might unlock it. Since it is legal to do, there is nothing to lose by asking for it. Give it a try.
April 1, 2011, 01:12 PM
1. Take a CNG and request him to take 10 taka more than Meter reading
2. Go to Basundhara Shopping Mall
3. Go past security
4. Take the first right
5. Start talking to different cell phone service stores on your left.
6. Price may go from 2000 to mere 500 taka and service time may be 2 days to 20 mins.
7. Get the cheapest and quickest (500 tk. and 20mins.)
8. Put a local sim and start using your BB.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.