PDA

View Full Version : Government shutdown?

One World
April 7, 2011, 05:17 PM
Are we about to experience this? Obama administration on the verge of this historic moment.

One World
April 7, 2011, 05:48 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2011-04-07-q-and-a-shutdown_N.htm?csp=34news

Enjoy!

AhmedN
April 7, 2011, 07:49 PM
Good. Now some global suckers will be shut down. prestige and glory of washington monumnet!

Zunaid
April 7, 2011, 07:59 PM
This is not the first time partisan bickering has shut down the Federal government. Remember the January 1995? US Embassies abroad were also closed.

It's part of the 2012 election pre-game show courtesy of the Republicans particularly the Tea Party wing. This may backfire on them. I surely hope so.

Gobama!

Here's more info for those of us working for the Federal government.

http://www.opm.gov/furlough/

F6_Turbo
April 8, 2011, 03:21 AM
No big deal...as others have said, the truly 1st black president of the US also experienced this.

Yes, I am of course speaking of Bill Clinton.

You know it, I know it...that sax playing mofo was the actual brother, not Obama.

As for the Republicans...let them, I hope they keep feeding the racist Tea Party fringe....it'll cost them the presidency, despite the complete and utter failure of the Obama administration the last 3 years.

SS
April 8, 2011, 03:05 PM
This might not big deal to lot of people but people directly involved with government or associated with them will be impacted.

F6_Turbo
April 9, 2011, 12:11 AM
It would have only been a temporary thing..7-10 days at most, before the posturing ended...

As it is, you saw what happened, both sides compromised, a deal got done, and there will be no shut down.

One World
April 9, 2011, 01:39 AM
I guess they got bored of not having to do too much, so indulged into debates to keep them busy awake in the dead of the night. :D

Fazal
April 11, 2011, 07:29 AM
dhur sala, bhablamdtui/tin shoptaho rest nibo, last moment-e shob pondo... ekhon kaje gete hobey.