PDA

View Full Version : Shakib - IPL monitor thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Isnaad
May 14, 2011, 08:09 AM
where is Jonas and Munnabhai? Please share your thoughts with us on that dashing 2 run innings. I would love to hear all about it!!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Ey dont try to insult that innings! 2 runs off 5 from Morgan was classic. Did you see how classy he looked? He was just unlucky! If he got just 10 more chances, he would score a massive 20! Respect him! He is Brittish!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Tiger444
May 14, 2011, 08:21 AM
This is just beyond ridiculous now. Morgan has sucked the whole tournament and yet is getting every fricking game. I didn't mind Shakib not getting games at 1st but what the fudge has Morgan done to get so many matches?

dolcevita
May 14, 2011, 10:36 AM
Morgan what a legend , I will be happy if KKR not qualify for the playoff

roman
May 14, 2011, 10:40 AM
What is IPL? What is KKR? Do I really care ? No Shak means no IPL for me. Dont want to waste my energy on this funny format of cricket..

Dilscoop
May 14, 2011, 12:00 PM
I was so happy when I saw them lose today. I wanted another firing 50 from Gayle against them. >:)>:)

I don't really care much what KKR do with their team selection or the IPL for that matter however what's bothering me is all the County experience Shakib is missing out on sitting in the bench. Worcs could really use him.

Ya, if I were him, I'd just leave. 'eff this I am outta here I dont wanna smell indian curry anymore, eng here i come.' If you're gonna buy a player, use them to ur benfit. Don't do favoritism and all that nonsense. After all, at the end of the day, you are trying to W.I.N. Pick what's best for you, and it is SOO NOT morgan.

KKR didn't even report on that SHak to see sick mother for a while and came back. Stupid mofos.

dolcevita
May 14, 2011, 12:54 PM
Bro its unfair to blame INDIAN : coach staff are Australian
9 IPL teams have foreign coach...
Its more Aussi premier league than IPL : 44 australian

AhmedN
May 14, 2011, 02:07 PM
Shakib suffered one bad game (In that game all KKR suffered, why blame Shakib?) and he was dropped where as other bad performers are there.

I blame the coach and the staff, who had different feelings for different people, and those coaches and the staff are not in touch of their own feelings. So they can do what ever they like to.

I do not watch KKR games any more.

Dilscoop
May 14, 2011, 02:38 PM
I want KKR to lose rest of their matches, and not make the playoffs. Then SHak can go and play with the Worc, where they give him the value and respect that he deserves. What about you?

There is another option. Shak plays and wins them the next to matches, and then most likely get dropped on Semis... and then hear KKR fans bash the hell out of them for dropping Shakib.

Dilscoop
May 14, 2011, 02:41 PM
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1110510/images/10itc17.jpg
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1110510/jsp/entertainment/story_13960594.jsp

Mah boy Shak is a Cali dude!! YEE!! GO SF, GO CAL! (I bet he doesn't even know what he is wearing lol, nah he is smarter than that... )

*waits for haters to say "how he should wear usa shirt and what not*

idrinkh2O
May 14, 2011, 03:15 PM
I don't know why I'm or you guys are here in this thread...what r we trying to accomplish? Same ol' story over and over again. Long ago, KKR decided that they didn't need Shakib's service anymore and they're sticking with it. By ignoring Shakib doesn't make him 1oz less of a player and very soon this IPL madness is gonna be over thankfully...and he/we move(s) on with his/our lives. By the way, who cares if KKR wins or loose. I stopped wasting my time over it!!!

dolcevita
May 14, 2011, 03:54 PM
I don't know why I'm or you guys are here in this thread...what r we trying to accomplish? Same ol' story over and over again. Long ago, KKR decided that they didn't need Shakib's service anymore and they're sticking with it. By ignoring Shakib doesn't make him 1oz less of a player and very soon this IPL madness is gonna be over thankfully...and he/we move(s) on with his/our lives. By the way, who cares if KKR wins or loose. I stopped wasting my time over it!!!

bro we are just disgusted by the treatment he is getting( Ten is also paying for being a dutch ) from kkr , that pretty sad

Tiger444
May 14, 2011, 07:26 PM
I know IPL's a lot more money but for Shakib, it would've been much better if he was playing county cricket now. Worcestershire gave him every game, he learned a whole lot, and the locals really treated him well.

mar umpire
May 14, 2011, 08:13 PM
Kolkata to go out I hope,
Shakib should play for worcs-he probably should have left earlier. I hope Morgan doesn't leave, he should see KKR through to a successful campaign. I heard Morgan's a good finisher

as an aside, Jonas wanted to see Shakib play despite his support of Morgan. By his name I'm assuming he may be an englishman and I can understand how he'd want morgan to play

Murad
May 15, 2011, 01:10 AM
amra jai boli.. Shakib kintu mojai paitese. Bench gorom kortese r 425k paitese.

Tehsin
May 15, 2011, 01:32 AM
How does 10 team end up playing 14 games (and not 18)? Doesn't make sense. I check KKR's scorecard to see if Shak played and that's about it. If he doesn't play the next two games, won't matter if KKR wins or loses.

As for not picking him, Dav is the coach and Gambhir is the captain, direct your queries to them.

He is missing out on real cricket in England. :(

mar umpire
May 15, 2011, 03:04 AM
amra jai boli.. Shakib kintu mojai paitese. Bench gorom kortese r 425k paitese.

Lol that's probably why he's there instead of worcs

Mashrafe aro moja paise

Want punjab to win today

zainab
May 15, 2011, 06:08 AM
KKR might be out of the playoffs if they lose one more match. Serves then right.

Avik
May 15, 2011, 08:44 AM
How does 10 team end up playing 14 games (and not 18)? Doesn't make sense. I check KKR's scorecard to see if Shak played and that's about it. If he doesn't play the next two games, won't matter if KKR wins or loses.

As for not picking him, Dav is the coach and Gambhir is the captain, direct your queries to them.

He is missing out on real cricket in England. :(

each team play 5 other teams 2 times, and 4 teams once. who plays who in what format is set before the season.

the top 4 qualify, with top 2 having 2 chances at the final match. 1 plays 2, and 3 plays 4. winner of 1 vs 2 qualifies to the final, while loser of this match plays winner of 3 vs 4. winner of this match also goes to the final.

not a bad format, trying to minimize matches.

Rifat_02
May 15, 2011, 08:46 AM
KKR might be out of the playoffs if they lose one more match. Serves then right.

But Morgan is going back so KKR will be stronger for those matches. His replacement who ever it is will contribute more

lamisa
May 15, 2011, 09:41 AM
i just wish kr releases shak next season. fairer teams can pick him up then

riankhan
May 15, 2011, 10:10 AM
But Morgan is going back so KKR will be stronger for those matches. His replacement who ever it is will contribute more

Harsh world :lol:

Avik
May 15, 2011, 10:30 AM
KKR needs to win one more match to ensure a place in the playoffs.

AsifTheManRahman
May 15, 2011, 12:24 PM
Accha KKR ki Shakib re nise boshay boshay ghaash khawaite? Naki Morgan coach er bhuri malish kore?

Baundule
May 15, 2011, 02:35 PM
Morgan represents the ECB. He won't be dropped. I am more surprised at their playing Boucher, while his batting is not needed and they have two good local wicket keepers.

riankhan
May 15, 2011, 02:45 PM
Morgan represents the ECB. He won't be dropped. I am more surprised at their playing Boucher, while his batting is not needed and they have two good local wicket keepers.

Technically, Morgan can't be dropped. He just left KKR for Lions.

6alltheway
May 15, 2011, 03:05 PM
I can understand shakib not playing because they got a left arm spinner already, but to not give tendo a chance even tho morgan is failing every game is inexcusibe! down with kkr!

I hope they get kicked and shakib n tendo go play for real teams!

roman
May 15, 2011, 03:50 PM
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2011-05-16/news/154677

[বাংলা]
আমার এত দুঃখ নেই’
[/বাংলা]ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক | তারিখ: ১৬-০৫-২০১১

<!--detail control -->

<!--img width="100%" class="mb10" src="http://paloadmin.prothom-aloblog.com:8088/resize/maxDim/340x1000/img/uploads/media/2011-05-15-20-11-28-063460100-11.jpg" alt="" /-->http://paloadmin.prothom-aloblog.com:8088/images/images/image.php/uploads/media/2011-05-15-20-11-28-063460100-11.jpg?width=340&&image=http://paloadmin.prothom-aloblog.com:8088/uploads/media/2011-05-15-20-11-28-063460100-11.jpg

<!--
-->
[বাংলা]কলকাতা নাইট রাইডার্সে যোগ দেওয়ার পর প্রথম চারটি ম্যাচেই খেলেছেন। পারফরম্যান্সও খুব খারাপ ছিল না। কিন্তু এরপর টানা পাঁচ ম্যাচে দলে নেই সাকিব আল হাসান! কেন দলে সুযোগ পাচ্ছেন না, মাঠের বাইরে বসে থাকতে কেমন লাগে—টেলিফোনে এসব নিয়েই কথা বলেছেন বাংলাদেশ-অধিনায়ক

 কেমন কাটছে সময়?
সাকিব আল হাসান: ভালোই সময় কাটছে। মজায় কাটছে। ঘোরাফেরা করছি, শপিংয়ে যাচ্ছি। সঙ্গে কেউ গেলে গেল, নইলে একাই যাচ্ছি। প্র্যাকটিস থাকলে প্র্যাকটিসে যাই। খারাপ না।
 খারাপ না! ম্যাচের পর ম্যাচ আপনাকে খেলানো হচ্ছে না, খারাপ লাগে না?
সাকিব: দলের সঙ্গে থেকেও না খেলতে পারলে খারাপ সবারই লাগে। সময় কাটে না। কিন্তু এখন আমি কী করব? আমাকে না নিলে তো আমার পক্ষে খেলা সম্ভব না। তাই সবকিছু পজিটিভভাবে নেওয়ার চেষ্টা করি। সবকিছুর অভিজ্ঞতা থাকা ভালো। দলের সঙ্গে থেকেও না খেলার অভ্যাসটা আগে ছিল না বললেই চলে, এখন সেটা হচ্ছে।
 এ নিয়ে টিম ম্যানেজমেন্টের সঙ্গে কথা হয়েছে?
সাকিব: কী বলব? এটা দলের সিদ্ধান্ত। এ নিয়ে কথা বলার কিছু নেই। মন খারাপেরও কিছু নেই। দলের পরিস্থিতিটা আমাকেও বুঝতে হবে এবং আমি সেটা বুঝছি। খামোখা চিল্লাচিল্লি করে তো লাভ নেই। খেলছি না বলে আমার এত দুঃখ নেই।
 আপনাকে কেন দলে নিচ্ছে না?
সাকিব: সেটা ডেভ (হোয়াটমোর) ভালো বলতে পারবেন। টিম কম্বিনেশনের কারণেই বলতে পারেন খেলা হচ্ছে না। এক ম্যাচে সর্বোচ্চ চারজন বিদেশিকে খেলানো যায়। এখন এই চারজনের মধ্যে কারা খেলবে, কারা বাদ পড়বে, সেটা প্রয়োজন বুঝে টিম ম্যানেজমেন্ট ঠিক করে।
 দলের সঙ্গে থেকেও এত দিন মাঠের বাইরে বসে থাকার অভিজ্ঞতা সর্বশেষ কবে হয়েছিল?
সাকিব: এ রকম অভিজ্ঞতা হয়নি। আর আগে তো এ রকম জায়গায় খেলতে আসিনি। আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেট আর এখানকার পরিস্থিতি সম্পূর্ণ ভিন্ন। এ রকম জায়গায় খেলছিও প্রথম, মাঠের বাইরেও থাকছি প্রথম।
 আপনি আছেন বলে এবার আইপিএল নিয়ে বাংলাদেশে বাড়তি আগ্রহ ছিল। আপনি না খেলায় সেই আগ্রহেও যেন ভাটা পড়ছে...
সাকিব: কী করব বলুন? আমার তো কিছু করার নেই। দল প্রয়োজন মনে করলেই আমি আবার খেলব।
 দেশে বন্ধুবান্ধব বা পরিবারের সদস্যদের সঙ্গে কথা হয়? তাঁরা কী বলেন?
সাকিব: কথা হয় সবার সঙ্গেই। তবে তাদের সঙ্গে খেলা নিয়ে কথা হয় না। তারা কিছু জানতেও চায় না। তামিমের সঙ্গে তো বলতে গেলে প্রতিদিনই কথা হয়।
 আপনার মা এখন কেমন আছেন?
সাকিব: আছেন ভালোই।
 না খেললে তো পুরো সময়টাই বলতে গেলে অবসরে কাটাচ্ছেন। শপিং-ঘোরাঘুরির বাইরে আর কী করেন?
সাকিব: রুমেই থাকি বেশি। এতেই আমি অভ্যস্ত। বোরিং লাগে না। ইন্টারনেট আছে, টিভি আছে। সময় কেটে যায়।
 দেশে ফিরবেন কবে?
সাকিব: কলকাতা নাইট রাইডার্সের টুর্নামেন্ট শেষ হলে। এখনো দুটি ম্যাচ আছে। এরপর যদি শেষ চারে থাকি...সব শেষ করেই ফিরব। [/বাংলা]

mar umpire
May 15, 2011, 07:11 PM
Accha KKR ki Shakib re nise boshay boshay ghaash khawaite? Naki Morgan coach er bhuri malish kore?

ROFL
Oh that was gold:up:

Avik
May 15, 2011, 07:11 PM
his attitude is what makes me say with even more ease now, "In Shakib we trust"

6alltheway
May 16, 2011, 05:38 AM
Is there an english version of prothom alo?

Night_wolf
May 16, 2011, 05:54 AM
I was so happy when I saw them lose today. I wanted another firing 50 from Gayle against them. >:)>:)

Ya, if I were him, I'd just leave. 'eff this I am outta here I dont wanna smell indian curry anymore, eng here i come.' If you're gonna buy a player, use them to ur benfit. Don't do favoritism and all that nonsense. After all, at the end of the day, you are trying to W.I.N. Pick what's best for you, and it is SOO NOT morgan.

KKR didn't even report on that SHak to see sick mother for a while and came back. Stupid mofos.

you wouldn't have left if u were paid $425000..its all about the money baby!

Banglaguy
May 16, 2011, 11:23 AM
When Shakib deosn't play, I am sad. When Ten Deoschate doesn't play I cry (lol). I always go watch him play live, and now he's not here, I have no interest in the county season until one or the other goes. I have met Tendo on numerous occasions, and once had a batting class from him.

auntu
May 19, 2011, 03:02 AM
SO no luck for Shakib? Real frustrating situation for us. I wonder how Shakib handle this!

mar umpire
May 19, 2011, 05:09 AM
SO no luck for Shakib? Real frustrating situation for us. I wonder how Shakib handle this!

SHakib should handle this by:

The room was dark and the young allrounder lurked in the corner. For too long he had suffered at the hands of "The Gambhirfather" and "The Whatmore". Backed up by SRK, they had neglected him and failed to feed him, leading to an emaciated condition. The only way he could relieve his tension was to pop packaging material bubbles whilst under instructions from a steve Urkel lookalike. No, it wasn't because Tamim took his bhat, rather "The Whatmore" and the Kallis were to blame for his condition. If only Shakib had a gun like Ash. Then he would make the "Coach" pay, even after acting as the makeshift lawnmower for Eden Gardens, eating nothing but "Ghash" they failed to pick him.

The door was ajar, letting a sliver of light stream through. He could hear footsteps reverberating around the building. Whatmore cometh, thought Shakib. He readied his rope and his trusty "Jhata" Jharu. They had confiscated his bat but he'd give them billy'o.

The Whatmore stepped forward. He was a strange creature, his bhuri gleamed and glistened in the little light that was there. Morgan had done a good job with the 'Malish". Shakib was onto him in a flash. Tying up his feet, shakib managed to hoist Whatmore and attach him to the ceiling fan. Then with a yell of rage brandishing his "Jharu" he spanked as he had never done before, blow after blow as the ceiling fan rotated, whatmore was hit. Such a beating had not been seen in the annals of cricket since the great purge of sreesanths by the Harbhajans which consisted of post match slapping.

SUddenly Shakib gave the signal and out of the shadows emerged a large braided figure holding somehting that resembled a mace

"Chris it was him that told us to chuck rocks at your bus"
"Kiss teeth............"
Gayle was onto the Whatmore in a storm of fury. The blows kept coming and the Whatmore was simply bhuna now.

Shakib's uttom-madhom left Whatmore with no choice he had to come to his senses. He would miss the "Malish" but he had to feed Morgan to the Lions.

Isnaad
May 19, 2011, 07:40 AM
Ajke ki Shakib ke nibe? I would be happier if he isn't taken....

Rifat_02
May 19, 2011, 09:04 AM
SHAKIB IS BACK FINALLY! So is RTD!

Naimul_Hd
May 19, 2011, 09:06 AM
this is by far best choice for KKR !! both Morgan and Boucher is out ! and Shakib and Tendo comes in !!! I hope they continue with this foreign player line up !!!

M.H.Rubel
May 19, 2011, 09:09 AM
Agiye jao Shakib Vai

6alltheway
May 19, 2011, 09:13 AM
Shakib and Tendo back woohoo but its only because morgan has left not because that moron was dropped!

Anyway hope shakib can take a few wickets today!

Banglaguy
May 19, 2011, 09:25 AM
Well let's hope Tendo make some runs... Or take wickets, he can do both.

beshideshi
May 19, 2011, 09:29 AM
12 match 137 runs
5 matches 7 wickets and 2 runs.

Yet one kept on playing and the other kept on warming the bench. IPL owners have to develop some basic common sense.

Rifat_02
May 19, 2011, 09:41 AM
12 match 137 runs
5 matches 7 wickets and 2 runs.

Yet one kept on playing and the other kept on warming the bench. IPL owners have to develop some basic common sense.

shak got 7 wickets in 4 matches. Balaji got 7 in 11 matches

Banglaguy
May 19, 2011, 10:08 AM
Omg, did you guys see shakib's wicket!

Banglaguy
May 19, 2011, 10:10 AM
Shakib Al Hasan to Ferguson, OUT, the ball of the century did not turn as much as this one did. This is some pitch! Three wickets to spin, and Pune continue to wobble. Shakib delivers it round-arm from wide of the crease, gets it to lands short of a length outside off as Ferguson advances. He's already fooled by the length, and he's about to be flabbergasted by the turn. The ball went away as if it doesn't agree with physics. Goswami does the rest. Ferguson won't ever comprehend what the ball did there.

Miraz
May 19, 2011, 10:10 AM
Anyone watching the match? Any link will be highly appreciated.

Isnaad
May 19, 2011, 10:11 AM
WoW! Watta ball!

Naimul_Hd
May 19, 2011, 10:14 AM

here you go !

http://lankacricket.info/links/link5.htm

Banglaguy
May 19, 2011, 10:15 AM

http://www.itv.com/sport/indianpremierleague/watchlive/

Here you go mate, just enter my e-mail address if your doesn't work
shafiahmedchowdhury@gmail.com

Banglaguy
May 19, 2011, 10:26 AM
shakib has got Ganguly!

Nadim
May 19, 2011, 10:27 AM
Best performance by Boss in this IPL so far....:clap::bravo:

M.H.Rubel
May 19, 2011, 10:28 AM
Shak is bowling excellent today.2 wickets for him lot more not given.

Habib
May 19, 2011, 10:46 AM
Absolutely enjoyed Shak's bowling & fielding so far. Hope he is sent to open the innings also.

Banglaguy
May 19, 2011, 10:49 AM
I want Shakib to come number 3, Tendo numer 2. Let Kallis waste his time doing nothing, and then the Shendo party will begin....

Banglatiger84
May 19, 2011, 11:08 AM
Eoin Morgan is a better player than Shakib; all of you are blind and are supporting Shakid just because he is Bangladeshi, the facts say otherwise

Banglaguy
May 19, 2011, 11:11 AM
Eoin Morgan is a better player than Shakib; all of you are blind and are supporting Shakid just because he is Bangladeshi, the facts say otherwise

Aha. Yeah, averaging 12 in 12 is not to great would suppose. And Eoin Morgan is a regular strike bowler right, I forgot.

amar11432
May 19, 2011, 11:28 AM

Exactly, Morgan is better than Tendulkar, he is the modern day Don Bradman. God forbid KKR drop him and Take crappy Shakib.

Banglaguy
May 19, 2011, 11:30 AM
Exactly, Morgan is better than Tendulkar, he is the modern day Don Bradman. God forbid KKR drop him and Take crappy Shakib.

I mean top post. How dare you compare him to tendulkar, tendulkar is way out of morgans league.

Tehsin
May 19, 2011, 12:26 PM
Shakib comes back with a bang and the prince of Calcutta is floored. Maybe ill follow KKR again. I hope to see Shakib bat a bit in the rest of the matches.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Banglaguy
May 19, 2011, 12:27 PM
And Shahrukh mentioned Shakib, saying he's good.

Equinox
May 19, 2011, 01:31 PM
This was possibly Shakib's best performance yet. But looks like the KKR management don't think much of his batting abilities. He was pencilled in at number 8 today.

Gambhir
Kallis
Tiwary
Shakib/Yusuf
Yusuf/Shakib
ten Doeschate
Goswami/Bisla+

This should be KKR's line-up IMO. Don't know why Gambhir is reluctant to open. Even today he said he only opened because Kallis was
injured.

Shakib has the best average and strike rate among the KKR bowlers. Had he played all of the matches he would've been the highest wicket-taker for KKR and possibly challenging for the purple cap. Hope he does something special in the playoffs and the final if KKR make it.

shakibrulz
May 19, 2011, 01:42 PM
Shakib - wickets:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PheFlILRuI

Was unplayable today! :love:
:bravo: my boy. Pissed off at KKR for not promoting him up the order though. :mad:

FzoBD
May 19, 2011, 02:09 PM
And Shahrukh mentioned Shakib, saying he's good.

Do you have any link to it? If not then will you please tell what exactly he told about Shakib?

Banglaguy
May 19, 2011, 02:28 PM
He just said how the bowling department of KKR wasn't talked about enough, and how much depth bowlers like Shakib bring to the team. I can't get the link bhai, as I was watching it live on ITV.

dolcevita
May 19, 2011, 03:04 PM
Shakib prooved his class .
He has the best strike rate in IPL after Malinga

Banglaguy
May 19, 2011, 03:06 PM
Shakib prooved his class .
He has the best strike rate in IPL after Malinga

And his economy is really good to, a bit above 6.50

dolcevita
May 19, 2011, 03:20 PM
Shame he didn't plays all the game he would have nearly 20 wickets

auntu
May 19, 2011, 03:22 PM
SHakib should handle this by:

The room was dark and the young allrounder lurked in the corner. For too long he had suffered at the hands of "The Gambhirfather" and "The Whatmore". Backed up by SRK, they had neglected him and failed to feed him, leading to an emaciated condition. The only way he could relieve his tension was to pop packaging material bubbles whilst under instructions from a steve Urkel lookalike. No, it wasn't because Tamim took his bhat, rather "The Whatmore" and the Kallis were to blame for his condition. If only Shakib had a gun like Ash. Then he would make the "Coach" pay, even after acting as the makeshift lawnmower for Eden Gardens, eating nothing but "Ghash" they failed to pick him.

The door was ajar, letting a sliver of light stream through. He could hear footsteps reverberating around the building. Whatmore cometh, thought Shakib. He readied his rope and his trusty "Jhata" Jharu. They had confiscated his bat but he'd give them billy'o.

The Whatmore stepped forward. He was a strange creature, his bhuri gleamed and glistened in the little light that was there. Morgan had done a good job with the 'Malish". Shakib was onto him in a flash. Tying up his feet, shakib managed to hoist Whatmore and attach him to the ceiling fan. Then with a yell of rage brandishing his "Jharu" he spanked as he had never done before, blow after blow as the ceiling fan rotated, whatmore was hit. Such a beating had not been seen in the annals of cricket since the great purge of sreesanths by the Harbhajans which consisted of post match slapping.

SUddenly Shakib gave the signal and out of the shadows emerged a large braided figure holding somehting that resembled a mace

"Chris it was him that told us to chuck rocks at your bus"
"Kiss teeth............"
Gayle was onto the Whatmore in a storm of fury. The blows kept coming and the Whatmore was simply bhuna now.

Shakib's uttom-madhom left Whatmore with no choice he had to come to his senses. He would miss the "Malish" but he had to feed Morgan to the Lions.
Good one bro. Really enjoyed it reading.

Tiger444
May 19, 2011, 03:35 PM
IF KKR hadn't unnecessarily dropped Shakib, they would have a better record. This lineup they had today was their best 1. Having Boucher in there was a waste and Morgan getting chances despite failing was no good. Let's hope Shakib can keep up the good work.

dolcevita
May 19, 2011, 03:45 PM
Lets hope shakib perform well in the money time : against Mumbai , them in semis

auntu
May 19, 2011, 03:46 PM
Shakib - wickets:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PheFlILRuI

Was unplayable today! :love:
:bravo: my boy. Pissed off at KKR for not promoting him up the order though. :mad:
Thanks a million for the link. What a delivery!
I think this should be rated as the best delivery of this IPL.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/133100/133125.jpg

6alltheway
May 19, 2011, 04:05 PM
1This is the player they dropped to keep Morgan in the team? Fools

Banglaguy
May 19, 2011, 04:13 PM
6alltheway
ODI Cricketer

See any correlations with the 6? lol.

On a serious note, how does one who averaged 12 over 12 games score 156?

AhmedN
May 19, 2011, 05:14 PM
Go Shakib Go...

Nice to see he is back with a big bang.

Banglatiger84
May 20, 2011, 01:19 AM
I don't see what the big deal is if Shakib is being benched. People are over reacting here, he was given more than enough chances.

Coach is preferring Morgan over Shakib is because Morgan was one of the players who led England to victory in T20 World cup. It's sounds quite stupid to drop Morgan for Shakib.

Shakib sucks at T20, Morgan got his form back, we all know he's a better batsman than Shakib. If Shakib was given so many chances he would have failed miserably, he's not a quality batsman also his strike rate dropped by a lot under Sid. Fact remains. :)

Also, he has been expensive with the ball, Abdulla is doing a better job than Shakib with the ball, does anyone disagree here? KKR is not Bangladesh that they will play 2 left arm spinners every match. Period.

Some wise words of wisdom for all of you so you dont get carried away.

:)

And to imagine someone cried foul when i called him a troll; Does anyone here think the words in bold were anything but meant to provoke ?

Avik
May 20, 2011, 02:33 AM
how dare KKR play shakib now.. Morgan shud hav been paid extra to keep continuing the solidity her provided at the top order and stay here. Shakib played and made it harder for the other team to win. while Morgan's job was to make it easier for the other team to win.

mar umpire
May 20, 2011, 04:00 AM
Good one bro. Really enjoyed it reading.

Thanks, it appears our fears may yet come true, Morgan has survived the Lions
Eoin Morgan issues Test threat after unbeaten 156 puts Ravi Bopara in the shade
By Lawrence Booth

Last updated at 1:51 AM on 20th May 2011

Comments (0) Add to My Stories Share Eoin Morgan hit an unbeaten 156 for the England Lions against Sri Lanka, then said he would return to the Indian Premier League if he is left out of next week’s first Test in Cardiff.

Watched by England coach Andy Flower and national selector Geoff Miller, the Middlesex batsman comfortably outshone Ravi Bopara, the supposed frontrunner for the vacant No 6 slot in the Test side, as the Lions - boosted by 101 not out from Samit Patel - racked up 394 for four in Derby.

Best foot forward: Eoin Morgan underlined his credentials with an unbeaten 156 for England Lions
England name their squad on Sunday and Morgan - playing his first first-class match since December after a nine-match stint with Kolkata Knight Riders in the IPL - said: ‘The side hasn’t been picked yet, but if I’m not chosen, I’ll go back to India.’ and shine up Whatmore's bhuri so there is a hint of reverse swing when he walks (I added the last part)
Bopara contributed a scratchy 17 but has earned brownie points by turning down two offers to play in the IPL.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-1388856/Eoin-Morgan-issues-Test-threat-unbeaten-156-puts-Ravi-Bopara-shade.html#ixzz1MshV4euC

Isham
May 20, 2011, 05:37 AM

Its not about him being a better player than shakib....its about his present form...shakib proved himself in almost every game that he played for his team but morgan failed to do so...so who in your opinion should have a chance in the team??

Isham
May 20, 2011, 05:39 AM
by the way i think Shakib did not give away any boundary in the last match as far as i remember

Naimul_Hd
May 20, 2011, 07:11 AM
by the way i think Shakib did not give away any boundary in the last match as far as i remember

wrong. Shakib conceded a boundary by Utthapa !

Isnaad
May 20, 2011, 07:41 AM
Shakib- 18.1-0-125-9. Average- 13.9.
Strike Rate- 12.1
Economy Rate- 6.88
Conclusion- Montobbo nishproyojon.

lamisa
May 20, 2011, 09:59 AM
shakib getting dada was epic!! 2 in 1, the delivery was awesome and shakib being the only bangali in kkr(i think) got the most popular bangali out!

Banglaguy
May 20, 2011, 10:15 AM
He should of dada if it weren't for the WK twice.

Banglatiger84
May 21, 2011, 12:35 AM
Its not about him being a better player than shakib....its about his present form...shakib proved himself in almost every game that he played for his team but morgan failed to do so...so who in your opinion should have a chance in the team??

I know :)

Few pages there was a long debate between a poster and others over this; that on eposter was insisting that Shakib sucked as a T20 Player and that Eoin Morgan was far better.

Avik
May 21, 2011, 12:51 AM
the ball he bowled to ferguson was far beyond ferguson's comprehension.. bamboozling in one word.

mar umpire
May 21, 2011, 02:57 AM
That's why warnie retired, after seeing shakib he realised he had no hope of being the top IPL spinner any more

mar umpire
May 21, 2011, 06:23 AM
I hope Morgan does some finishing, here's his profile

Eoin Morgan is an Irish-born Englishman with a reputation for inventive and audacious stroke-play. A compact left-hander, Morgan grew up playing hurling and with his change-up sweeps and pulls, he has clearly taken aspects of the Irish sport into his cricket.

At the age of 23, he shot to prominence on the back of two match-winning innings against South Africa. His bold approach and crisp hitting was reminiscent of the arrival of another English import, Kevin Pietersen, in 2005. With a blend of nous and power, Morgan looks a natural 'finisher' - a role England have struggled to fill for a decade

Obviously the above is a false piece of propaganda from the management. This is why he's really there

Eoin Morgan is an Irish-English "cricketer" known for his inventive methods of bhuri shine and "tel mara" which shot him to prominence during his interactions with Whatmore. The combination of a Whatmorean bhuri and an incessant supply of tel at the KKR base camp ensured Morgan as an instant selection and confirmed starter in the 11. Morgan grew up shining hari patil as well as his brothers' shoes, it appears his ability to shine caught the eye of whatmore, however Whatmore had a different idea of "shine".

"When people talk about shine, they speak of Bata and shoes and reverse swing and jack Nicholson-but that was "The Shining" not the shine."
Whatmore takes a deep breath
"When I saw his abilities I realised straight away he could see to my needs. They don't customise Estee lauder for bhuris and Maybeline is exclusively not for bhuris and I had to improvise. Add to that Morgan's great ability to get ducks, I know my health and bhuri are in good hands. Quite literally."

Morgan has shot to prominence during this IPL with a staggering average. The ability to shine Whatmore's bhuri for 12 matches in a row and even after the team had taken part in "Brad's cake eating challenge" and "Rosgulla challenge" ensured he would be sorely missed. As it stands Morgan will now leave the Lions to rejoin the KKR or Kha Kha Rosgulla as it is known to "The Wilderbeest" Kallis and Whatmore. Shah Rukh Khan declined to comment this time, sying he will comment in the future. Morgan's combination of speed and power have ensured the sheen on bhuris around the world will continue to shine and Morgan looks the "natural Chamcha" a role that the KKR have not had fulfilled until now.

Banglaguy
May 21, 2011, 06:42 AM
I hope Morgan does some finishing, here's his profile

Eoin Morgan is an Irish-born Englishman with a reputation for inventive and audacious stroke-play. A compact left-hander, Morgan grew up playing hurling and with his change-up sweeps and pulls, he has clearly taken aspects of the Irish sport into his cricket.

At the age of 23, he shot to prominence on the back of two match-winning innings against South Africa. His bold approach and crisp hitting was reminiscent of the arrival of another English import, Kevin Pietersen, in 2005. With a blend of nous and power, Morgan looks a natural 'finisher' - a role England have struggled to fill for a decade

Obviously the above is a false piece of propaganda from the management. This is why he's really there

Eoin Morgan is an Irish-English "cricketer" known for his inventive methods of bhuri shine and "tel mara" which shot him to prominence during his interactions with Whatmore. The combination of a Whatmorean bhuri and an incessant supply of tel at the KKR base camp ensured Morgan as an instant selection and confirmed starter in the 11. Morgan grew up shining hari patil as well as his brothers' shoes, it appears his ability to shine caught the eye of whatmore, however Whatmore had a different idea of "shine".

"When people talk about shine, they speak of Bata and shoes and reverse swing and jack Nicholson-but that was "The Shining" not the shine."
Whatmore takes a deep breath
"When I saw his abilities I realised straight away he could see to my needs. They don't customise Estee lauder for bhuris and Maybeline is exclusively not for bhuris and I had to improvise. Add to that Morgan's great ability to get ducks, I know my health and bhuri are in good hands. Quite literally."

Morgan has shot to prominence during this IPL with a staggering average. The ability to shine Whatmore's bhuri for 12 matches in a row and even after the team had taken part in "Brad's cake eating challenge" and "Rosgulla challenge" ensured he would be sorely missed. As it stands Morgan will now leave the Lions to rejoin the KKR or Kha Kha Rosgulla as it is known to "The Wilderbeest" Kallis and Whatmore. Shah Rukh Khan declined to comment this time, sying he will comment in the future. Morgan's combination of speed and power have ensured the sheen on bhuris around the world will continue to shine and Morgan looks the "natural Chamcha" a role that the KKR have not had fulfilled until now.

Aha! Lol, Rasgulla challenge... Fat Irish men ;)

mar umpire
May 21, 2011, 06:51 AM
I love irish people, great sense of humour and overall nice people, (English people have a good sense of humour as well)
Lol now that you mention it though, i mentioned that by fluke, anyway hope other frustrated shakib fans (and RTD fans) enjoy taking digs at whatmore :)

I was having more of a dig at whatmore, Morgan's not really to blame...........the KKR really do have a Rosgulla challenge on Youtube-Unadkat won it

Banglaguy
May 21, 2011, 07:03 AM
I love irish people, great sense of humour and overall nice people, (English people have a good sense of humour as well)
Lol now that you mention it though, i mentioned that by fluke, anyway hope other frustrated shakib fans (and RTD fans) enjoy taking digs at whatmore :)

I was having more of a dig at whatmore, Morgan's not really to blame...........the KKR really do have a Rosgulla challenge on Youtube-Unadkat won it

Didn't Shakib win the cake competition bro?

And Whatmore is just sad that Ten Doeschate is one of the best looking (no homo) cricketers in the world, and Whatmore could only dream to look like that.

Morgan doesn't like Ten Doeschate because he is the county's MPV (English County) and is a better batsmen, and bowler than Morgan would ever be.

But above all, I think they have found the best combination when they played Pune. They had 6 bowlers, and they batted down to no.8...

mar umpire
May 21, 2011, 07:10 AM
Didn't Shakib win the cake competition bro?

And Whatmore is just sad that Ten Doeschate is one of the best looking (no homo) cricketers in the world, and Whatmore could only dream to look like that.

Morgan doesn't like Ten Doeschate because he is the county's MPV (English County) and is a better batsmen, and bowler than Morgan would ever be.

But above all, I think they have found the best combination when they played Pune. They had 6 bowlers, and they batted down to no.8...

No, completely agree with you. In t20 all you need are a few quick 20s and 30s so allrounders should be in demand rather than specialist batsmen

Just on a more serious note-is there really anything between Morgan and RTD on the county circuit? The only time I find out much is when the ashes are on or when Worcs are playing

Shakib won it (Cake), but I reckon we bangalis could take out most eating contests

RTD hosted the Rosgulla challenge BTW-Unadkat won that

Banglaguy
May 21, 2011, 07:25 AM
No, completely agree with you. In t20 all you need are a few quick 20s and 30s so allrounders should be in demand rather than specialist batsmen

Just on a more serious note-is there really anything between Morgan and RTD on the county circuit? The only time I find out much is when the ashes are on or when Worcs are playing

Shakib won it, but I reckon we bangalis could take out most eating contests

RTD hosted the Rosgulla challenge BTW

Not really, Morgan isn't to big here in the county circut. It's really names like RTD that go around. There was rumor of England wanting him, but he said he wants to do great things with Netherlands (feel sorry for him a little, he just doesn't get the support he needs).

I've met Shakib, and he has a little pot belly... I mean lord, why did you give us bengali's pot bellies!

Any format of the game, you realistically want everyone to be an all rounder, where they can all carry their weight. Seen as though that will never happen, you have to bring as many as you can.

Morgan is known for his improvisation, which does him wonders. But he also get's lucky quiete freqeuntly. Tendo is a right handed version of Tamim (just no Bhuri) and better looking. His ODI average against the G9 are pretty good, a hell of a lot better than any of our players.

mar umpire
May 21, 2011, 08:21 AM
Shakib has lost his bhuri, looking at the highlights. Whatmore and co haven't been feeding him or have fed him ghaash or some high fibre diet anyhow

RTD should play for BD-we could use him at 3

Isham
May 21, 2011, 08:40 AM
I wonder how iqbal abdullah learned the arm ball...it must hav been shakib who taught him

Banglaguy
May 21, 2011, 08:40 AM
Shakib has lost his bhuri, looking at the highlights. Whatmore and co haven't been feeding him or have fed him ghaash or some high fibre diet anyhow

RTD should play for BD-we could use him at 3

Or number two. I don't know why the Dutch don't play him at 1, 2 or 3... Usually you want to get your best players facing as many balls as possible... And if Mahmudullah can be well built, why the hell do the other's remind me of goru's?

Banglaguy
May 21, 2011, 08:43 AM
Why does Shamim Chowdhury call Shakibs arm ball the ''Zipper'' whereas no one else does it. He just decided to name it the 'zipper' where is his imagination.

Isnaad
May 21, 2011, 09:43 AM
Why does Shamim Chowdhury call Shakibs arm ball the ''Zipper'' whereas no one else does it. He just decided to name it the 'zipper' where is his imagination.

May be he thought- It zips! ;)

Banglaguy
May 21, 2011, 09:45 AM

Hehe, but it really doesn't, it sort of under cuts and just looks as though it will spin, but ends up going straight on... I don't think Shamim knows what he is talking about :)

Isnaad
May 21, 2011, 10:27 AM
Hehe, but it really doesn't, it sort of under cuts and just looks as though it will spin, but ends up going straight on... I don't think Shamim knows what he is talking about :)

He acts cool! I mean tries to.. :)

Banglaguy
May 21, 2011, 10:39 AM
He acts cool! I mean tries to.. :)

And he always talks about his time playing cricket in England... No one knows who he is. Now Athar, I like him, he always makes accurate judgements.

dolcevita
May 21, 2011, 10:57 AM
I wonder how iqbal abdullah learned the arm ball...it must hav been shakib who taught him

I was thinking the same...

idrinkh2O
May 21, 2011, 05:27 PM
http://kkr.in/images/knights-pavilion.jpg
Source (http://kkr.in)

Banglaguy
May 21, 2011, 05:39 PM
I think they picked Shakib on the basis of his bowling display and that he's bengali :D

And not because Shakib plays for them, but KKR do try the hardest to connect with their fans.

dolcevita
May 21, 2011, 05:48 PM

Aré haranzada kkr shakiber eto din benché bochai rackssos ka ???

Banglaguy
May 21, 2011, 05:55 PM
Shakib Al Hasan has been used sparingly by Kolkata, but whenever he's been called on he has made an impact. Nine wickets in five matches is a strike-rate of a wicket every two overs - priceless. Will he be part of their plans in this crucial final stage of the tournament?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2011/content/story/516130.html

mar umpire
May 21, 2011, 07:33 PM

and unzips
influence from the textile industry?
We could have Arong Maximums and whatnot

Zeeshan
May 21, 2011, 08:31 PM

Because just like his bathroom moments, the delivery does the same: gets the batsman stuck!

Banglaguy
May 22, 2011, 05:00 AM
Because just like his bathroom moments, the delivery does the same: gets the batsman stuck!
Paha! Shamim is wierd...
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

firstlane
May 22, 2011, 06:41 AM
Morgan got test call-up http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-sri-lanka-2011/content/current/story/516171.html Hope Shakib gets to show his batting talent in one of the matches.

Banglaguy
May 22, 2011, 06:57 AM
Morgan got test call-up http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-sri-lanka-2011/content/current/story/516171.html Hope Shakib gets to show his batting talent in one of the matches.

I think they should test him at number 3... Kallis should be dropped, when they didn't play him, they won. If they did, he would've scored 30 of 39, and KKR would've had to make up for it.

shakibrulz
May 22, 2011, 11:26 AM
Why the fack are they using him for ads if they weren't even gonna give him enough games? Could've been one of the top wickettakers in this tourney.

shakibrulz
May 22, 2011, 11:27 AM
I think they should test him at number 3... Kallis should be dropped, when they didn't play him, they won. If they did, he would've scored 30 of 39, and KKR would've had to make up for it.
LOL this post is a fail, though I agree they should promote them in the middle order. Big hitters like Tiwary/Yupa can bat anywhere down the order.

Banglaguy
May 22, 2011, 11:50 AM
Well it failed now...

auntu
May 23, 2011, 02:53 AM
IMO Gombhir is the worst captain in IPL.

Banglaguy
May 23, 2011, 08:24 AM

I can't believe he's captaining India on their tour of the Caribbean.

Rifat_02
May 23, 2011, 08:45 AM

Still better than Sehwag

Banglaguy
May 23, 2011, 09:01 AM
Still better than Sehwag

Sewhag doesn't really try, unlike Ghambir who does. . . Sewhag isn't captain material, he is just the captain because of his stature.

Isnaad
May 23, 2011, 09:40 AM
Shakib should open. Get goswami down at 8!

lamisa
May 23, 2011, 09:56 AM
shakiber ipl shesh!

Sakib
May 23, 2011, 03:16 PM
shakiber ipl shesh!

???

Ace of BD
May 23, 2011, 03:31 PM
yes, shakib will be replaced by pattinson, and balaji will keep his place, to accommodate the foreign player, shak has to pray price for balaji's poor bowling.....that will be dav's plans

Banglaguy
May 23, 2011, 05:04 PM
Well actually, I don't see the point in twinking with the playing IX. They are the best tbh (balaji had an off day)

dolcevita
May 23, 2011, 05:55 PM
yes, shakib will be replaced by pattinson, and balaji will keep his place, to accommodate the foreign player, shak has to pray price for balaji's poor bowling.....that will be dav's plans

Shakib will not be dropped : he has been the best kkr bowler yesterday same figure than abdullah
but wicketless :
shak 4-0-26
abdulla 4-0-26-1

others :
Lee 4-0-37
Balajii 3-0-51-1

idrinkh2O
May 23, 2011, 06:09 PM
I think Shakib and Goswami will be dropped from the next match. Shakib will be replaced by Boucher because he didn't take any wickets regardless of his good economy rate. Of-course Balaji will be back with a bang! May be KKR will win the next round but might be eliminated at the Semi-final. I think the final match will be between CSK and Bangaluru...No Shakib, no support --> so who cares if they win or lose!

Ace of BD
May 23, 2011, 09:10 PM
I think Shakib and Goswami will be dropped from the next match. Shakib will be replaced by Boucher because he didn't take any wickets regardless of his good economy rate. Of-course Balaji will be back with a bang! May be KKR will win the next round but might be eliminated at the Semi-final. I think the final match will be between CSK and Bangaluru...No Shakib, no support --> so who cares if they win or lose!

Yup whatever happens, that selfish coach Dav is gonna drop Shakib, but Balaji will remain

Avik
May 23, 2011, 09:27 PM
i agree. shakib shud be dropped to complete the ignorance and arrogance cycle of whatmore. and balaji will be in the team next match. they will get boucher in for him.

Rifat_02
May 23, 2011, 11:40 PM
Yup whatever happens, that selfish coach Dav is gonna drop Shakib, but Balaji will remain

Yep drop a guy who had econ rate of 6 & is an allrounder instead of the guy with 17 econ rate who single handedly lost the game. It would prove KKR team selectors need to go mental hospital

Isnaad
May 23, 2011, 11:42 PM
If Shakib is dropped, I will harrass KKR fan page on facebook until they ban me..! :)

rinathq
May 23, 2011, 11:42 PM
Guys let's no forget it was Dev who showed the most interest in picking Shakib in the auction!

Ace of BD
May 24, 2011, 12:57 AM
i will be eagerly waiting for the next game.......to see if they pick shak or not

Banglaguy
May 24, 2011, 01:54 AM
I don't see the point of KKR having 11 players. They only use 6-7.

mar umpire
May 24, 2011, 03:25 AM
If Shakib is dropped, I will harrass KKR fan page on facebook until they ban me..! :)

Shakib won't be dropped but he will be swallowed by..............

Baundule
May 24, 2011, 03:41 AM
KKR is still treating Shakib badly. He is not considered as a batsman, even Rajat Bhatia bats before him!

ahnaf
May 24, 2011, 04:42 AM
Guys let's no forget it was Dev who showed the most interest in picking Shakib in the auction!

so?? Didnt buchannn and co. Showed huge interest on mash? What was the result??

mar umpire
May 24, 2011, 04:50 AM
so?? Didnt buchannn and co. Showed huge interest on mash? What was the result??

Exactly, I mean we don't know the exact reasons, but we do know that KKR have done similar things in the past. Gambhir would also be held responsible to an extent but judging by some of his interviews I'm not sure he knows too much about team selection

In the SA team there was a clique of players according to gibbs(as a source of course there will be doubts) but Kallis, Boucher, De Villiers adn Smith were implicated, which seemed pretty right to me. IMO boucher came in more on the back of Kallis' influence and Whatmore regards kallis very highly, I think he doesn't regard shakib or RTD at all after all they're from "lower class" cricketing countries-it's not about what you do but where you're from. KKR have purchased our players more for the sake of securing Bengali support-but SRK and Co were pretty stupid to think that because many bengalis have seen what KKR are really about-it's about churning out the money, you need a bengali in the background to bring in the crowds or viewers who will be hoping for him to play-then when the KKR have baited the fish that are the supporters they promptly leave the guy out.

The IPL is all about acting and showmanship-Shakib is pretty straight forward and I highly doubt anything these clowns like the administrators coaches and captains say. It's all in the script

6alltheway
May 24, 2011, 05:31 AM
I don't think shakib will get dropped on wednesday, it would be sucidal if they did! Their best seam bowler (Lee) isnt performing and that has been thier main problem in this IPL this season. They don't dare to drop him because they don't have anyone half as good as him to replace him with.

They have heavy reliant on spin so they need shakib and abdullah the most!

Isham
May 24, 2011, 10:52 AM
I think Shakib and Goswami will be dropped from the next match. Shakib will be replaced by Boucher because he didn't take any wickets regardless of his good economy rate. Of-course Balaji will be back with a bang! May be KKR will win the next round but might be eliminated at the Semi-final. I think the final match will be between CSK and Bangaluru...No Shakib, no support --> so who cares if they win or lose!true...

Banglaguy
May 24, 2011, 11:48 AM
If they drop him, I'm gonna message the KKR page that they are losing 162 million fans, and they will throw stones into Kolkota.

Ace of BD
May 24, 2011, 03:28 PM
Even check cricinfo, no talk of Bala being replaced, but they yet just manage to get Shakib's name in team news, although in a different tone that he is unlikely to be dropped, rather than telling that he IS in tomorrow's line-up like Kallis, or Lee

mar umpire
May 24, 2011, 06:19 PM
If they drop him, I'm gonna message the KKR page that they are losing 162 million fans, and they will throw stones into Kolkota.

Lol
but it's not Kolkata that's to blame it's SRK and his cronies.
They were afraid shakib may have been one of the leading wicket takers-that would have made him more expensive and harder for them to keep-other teams might want to play shakib as a player but KKR have basically got him there as a commercial thing to gain the support of BD

Naimul_Hd
May 24, 2011, 06:23 PM
Kolkata are unlikely to change their set up. Whenever they have played Shakib, he has always delivered. - CI (http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2011/content/current/story/516478.html)

mar umpire
May 24, 2011, 06:45 PM
Good to see CI finally realised
Still want Shakib to do well and KKR to get caned

dolcevita
May 24, 2011, 06:46 PM
CI supporting shakibul
cmon Shak get the mom

Isnaad
May 25, 2011, 01:44 AM
We are selfish. And rightly so! Hope KKR has a batting collapse today and Shak comes to the scene!

mar umpire
May 25, 2011, 01:46 AM
Yes certainly

deshimon
May 25, 2011, 03:32 AM
Yet we want to see sakib's batting.

mar umpire
May 25, 2011, 04:05 AM
I've been waiting to see him bat for a long time
Hopefully he gets good experience, getting batting practice in india is pretty rare for a bangladeshi

6alltheway
May 25, 2011, 07:28 AM
I just want shakib to do well .. i dont care if kkr win the match or not...lol

Isham
May 25, 2011, 08:07 AM
We are selfish. And rightly so! Hope KKR has a batting collapse today and Shak comes to the scene!

hahaha....yea i was hoping for that for a long tym...its been quite a while since i last saw shakib do something good with the bat...

mar umpire
May 25, 2011, 08:32 AM
Gambhir's out, although sad for gambhir(despite the gambhir bashing I've done), it may mean a batting collapse, hope shakib doesn't have to come in at like 4-40 like he usually has to.

Junayed
May 25, 2011, 08:58 AM
Nope...they said gambhir is fit to play...but still shakib should get to bat today..

Banglaguy
May 25, 2011, 09:01 AM
Inshallah, they use him as an all rounder not a specialist bowler :)

shiplu
May 25, 2011, 09:17 AM
shaks playing

mar umpire
May 25, 2011, 09:36 AM
"Gambhir's out", "Boucher's retired"
Lol strange day for me

nakedzero
May 25, 2011, 09:49 AM
আজ যেন সাকিব এর ব্যাট এর কিছু কারিশমা দেখতে পারি !

Shakib might get a great chance tonight ! It might be the chance to shine brighter.

Banglaguy
May 25, 2011, 09:50 AM
Looks like Shakib and Tendo will get a chance today :)

shakibrulz
May 25, 2011, 11:15 AM
Excellent cameo today by Shak :bravo:

Screw you KKR management :mad:

Isnaad
May 25, 2011, 11:54 AM
Bad bowling though.

al-Sagar
May 25, 2011, 01:11 PM
well done shakib ...

we are proud of you

wish u and ur team better luck next time

idrinkh2O
May 25, 2011, 01:13 PM
Well, good job Shakib...7 matches 11 wickets!

nakedzero
May 25, 2011, 01:16 PM
Shakib Al Hasan is a hero. Aro better korte parto oke or shomoy moto r proyojon moto khelte dile.

shakibrulz
May 25, 2011, 01:32 PM
Damn

Well played Shakib, did his best to bring KKR back in it. But bad luck :(

Proud of you tho :love:

Isnaad
May 25, 2011, 02:07 PM
Amader gorbo. :)

Banglaguy
May 25, 2011, 02:23 PM
He was a great ambassador for Bangladesh today. He shows that we have the talent to perform at the highest level. . . Hats off.
Also, hats of to Tendo, perfect way to pace a T20 innings.

dolcevita
May 25, 2011, 03:07 PM
Kkr paid for not giving enough opportunities to Shakib and Ten

Banglaguy
May 25, 2011, 03:44 PM
Kkr paid for not giving enough opportunities to Shakib and Ten

Imagine a number 3 Tendo, with a number 4 Shak. . .

cricket_pagol
May 25, 2011, 05:15 PM
I never understood why KKR had to play their wicketkeeper at the top order whne they have players like shakib... their batting order was devoid of any logic.

dolcevita
May 25, 2011, 05:30 PM
I never understood why KKR had to play their wicketkeeper at the top order whne they have players like shakib... their batting order was devoid of any logic.
Shakib= Ten = minnows for kkr coach

Baundule
May 25, 2011, 05:40 PM
If RTD and Shakib were given proper chances with bat and bowl, they could feature in the top 3 of batting and bowling lists. With Jacque Kallis - RDT - Shakib - Pathan, KKR had the best allrounders at stock; but they were never utilized. They proceeded to the top 4 only because the last 6 teams played crap cricket.

mar umpire
May 25, 2011, 06:17 PM
If RTD and Shakib were given proper chances with bat and bowl, they could feature in the top 3 of batting and bowling lists. With Jacque Kallis - RDT - Shakib - Pathan, KKR had the best allrounders at stock; but they were never utilized. They proceeded to the top 4 only because the last 6 teams played crap cricket.

Agree here.

Shakib gets to play for worcs now.

Naimul_Hd
May 25, 2011, 07:43 PM
Both Gambhir & Dav realized the true potential of Shakib & Tendo, but its too late now. Better luck next time !!!

firstlane
May 26, 2011, 08:39 AM
any highlight available of Shakib's batting & bowling?

simon
May 26, 2011, 09:57 AM
Both Gambhir & Dav realized the true potential of Shakib & Tendo, but its too late now. Better luck next time !!!

I doubt that,they both knew specially abt Sakib's ability,but both Sak & Tendo were ignored because they r not from big teams.

Night_wolf
May 26, 2011, 10:12 AM
lets look at some of shakibs achievements in compare to other BD players who was lucky enough to have a chance in the IPL

In Terms of Matches

1.Shakib is the only BD player to play more than 1 match in ipl..in fact he played 7!
2.Shakib is the only BD player to be droped and then play a match again!
3.Shakib is the only BD player to play just after he arrived in ipl..didn't have to wait for his turn

in batting terms

4.Shakib is the only BD player to score more than 2 runs in an innings!
5.Shakib is the only BD player who have a SR of over 100 in an innings!
6.Shakib is the only BD player who have hit a 4 in the ipl!

In Bowling terms

7. Shakib is the only BD player to take a wicket in ipl..he took 11 alltogather!
8. Shakib is the only BD player who have Eco rate of under 10 in a match in ipl!

In team terms

9. Shakib is the only BD player to play the 2nd round of ipl..his team is also the only time a bd player's team has made it to the 2nd round

In Fielding terms

Shakib is not the only BD player who was credited for a run out!..and he is not the BD player who took a catch in ipl!!..ironic isn't it!

Banglaguy
May 26, 2011, 10:16 AM
lets look at some of shakibs achievements in compare to other BD players who was lucky enough to have a chance in the IPL

In Terms of Matches

1.Shakib is the only BD player to play more than 1 match in ipl..in fact he played 7!
2.Shakib is the only BD player to be droped and then play a match again!

in batting terms

3.Shakib is the only BD player to score more than 2 runs in an innings!
4.Shakib is the only BD player who have a SR of over 100 in an innings!
5.Shakib is the only BD player who have hit a 4 in the ipl!

In Bowling terms

6. Shakib is the only BD player to take a wicket in ipl..he took 11 alltogather!
7. Shakib is the only BD player who have Eco rate of under 10 in a match in ipl!

Aha! everything here is 100% true! That shows the clear class difference between Shakib and the rest :(

pagol-chagol
May 26, 2011, 10:38 AM

The saddest part is that KKR used 9 Indian players in their first game against Chennai and benched Tendo, and lost that game by 2 runs. That's beyond comprehension. With a win their they would have come 2nd.

idrinkh2O
May 26, 2011, 01:44 PM
Shakib enjoyed the IPL experience...
------------------------------------------------------
DLF Indian Premier League
'IPL stint was interesting'

Bangladesh captain Shakib Al Hasan will return home today after an enjoyable trip in the money-spinning Indian Premier League (IPL).

The all-rounder has impressed many with his left-arm spin in his first appearance in the meet for the Kolkata Knight Riders, who were eliminated from the competition after losing against Mumbai Indians on Wednesday.

Shakib bagged 11 wickets in seven matches with the economy rate of 6.86 but got the opportunity to bat only in three innings. The Tigers skipper however had no complaint about his position in the batting order rather he was excited with the overall experience he gained from the competition.

“I was a little bit nervous in the first game but from the second match onwards I enjoyed every moment. It was really an enjoyable trip for me. I think my bowling performance was not bad and it would have been better if I got more chance to bat. I have no complaints because I think the team planning was right. Main thing is that you have to take the opportunity when it comes to your way,” said Shakib while talking to The Daily Star Sport over phone yesterday.

Rest of the news is here (http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=187365)!

Banglaguy
May 26, 2011, 04:14 PM
Ten Doeschate got a raw deal because of one reason and one reason alone. He plays for the Netherlands.

idrinkh2O
May 26, 2011, 08:33 PM
সাকিবকে শাহরুখের শুভ কামনা

...কলকাতা নাইট রাইডার্সের (কেকেআর) আইপিএল শেষে আজ দেশে ফিরে আসছেন বাংলাদেশের সাকিব। ফেলে আসছেন গৌতম গম্ভীরের দল, ফেলে আসছেন শাহরুখ-জুহিদেরও। ‘লাজুক’ জুহির সঙ্গে ‘নায়ক’ সাকিবের কথাবার্তা এই কয়দিনে ‘হাই-হ্যালো’, ‘কেমন আছ’র বেশি না গড়ালেও শাহরুখ খান শেষ দিকে ভীষণই গদগদ। পরশু শেষ ম্যাচ শেষে বাংলাদেশ অধিনায়ককে বলিউড সম্রাটের অভিনন্দন, ‘অনেক ভালো খেলেছ। সামনের বার এর চেয়েও ভালো খেলবে আশা করি। তবে আমরা চাই দেশের হয়ে তুমি আরও অনেক বেশি ভালো খেলো।’...

Source (http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2011-05-27/news/157570)

mar umpire
May 27, 2011, 01:32 AM
I don't trust that man SRK, he's a man of many faces and voices

Banglaguy
May 27, 2011, 01:54 AM
I don't trust that man SRK, he's a man of many faces and voices

Although you have to admit. . . The man is a bloody good actor.

firstlane
May 27, 2011, 04:35 AM
I just saw the highlights of the game. Shakib's bowling was really good. He got the wickets at crucial moments.Too bad kkr missed out on a spot in the champions league(not holding my breath for a wild card entry). Our boy could show the world a bit more glimpse of his talent. Hope Tamim improves his T20 record and get a chance to play in a team next season. He could be really explosive at the top of the order. Just last year his name was pronounced in the same braket with Gayle by English commentators.

6alltheway
May 27, 2011, 04:40 AM
^ tamim is hit and Miss. he'll either get out for duck in the first over or smash 40-50 in the first 5!

It's a risk for most IPL teams

dolcevita
May 27, 2011, 05:12 AM
^ tamim is hit and Miss. he'll either get out for duck in the first over or smash 40-50 in the first 5!

It's a risk for most IPL teams

there are 10 ipl , so 20 opening spot
and Tamim is among world top 10 opening batsmen

he is a much better player than all aussie domestics player

mar umpire
May 27, 2011, 05:14 AM
T20 means risk, everyone's pretty much hit and miss in the IPL. Personally think tamim would have done well ,inshallah he'll get bought next time

Banglaguy
May 27, 2011, 03:08 PM
Well, Tamim has many years ahead of him Inshallah, he is a fine player, but as some people in England say, he is just a glorified big hitter.

simon
May 27, 2011, 04:02 PM
but first I wld like to see Tamim playing some good innings for BD in T20 intrntnls.

tiger1000
May 27, 2011, 04:23 PM

No he's not.
Now Robert De niro, al Pacino they're good actors, He isnt even the best in bollywood, he is very <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-GB</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>AR-SA</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]-->Meidiecore - Fame doesn't define acting ability

Banglaguy
May 27, 2011, 06:11 PM
Well actually, before he became famous, like ultra famous in 2008 for some reason, he was a really good emotional actor in films like Kabhi Kushi Gabi Gam.

mar umpire
May 27, 2011, 07:11 PM

I wouldn't know though,lol I change the channel when that guy comes on usually

simon
May 27, 2011, 08:22 PM
Well actually, before he became famous, like ultra famous in 2008 for some reason, he was a really good emotional actor in films like Kabhi Kushi Gabi Gam.

but SRK overacts too.:smh:

mar umpire
May 28, 2011, 02:55 AM

I must admit I can't make any comments about his acting because I don't or haven't seen more than a few minutes of him (which might have been too much for my lifetime-alhtough others have liked him) but lol Mrs Kaur of Patiala was too much! Not satisfied with the role of nayok SRK had decided to take on the role of the nayok's dadi as well.

I'm waiting for a movie where it's directed by SRK, and all the characters are played by SRK, after all he has his feminine side as can be deduced from his ads

Banglaguy
May 28, 2011, 05:44 AM

In real life, yeah, he does.

iDumb
June 1, 2011, 12:19 AM
I just saw the highlights of the game. Shakib's bowling was really good.

he had 8 to defend in the last over, I expected him to take it to at least past 4 balls. He had the set up to be a hero though very difficult i know but too bad for him and kkr.

Banglaguy
June 1, 2011, 05:59 AM
he had 8 to defend in the last over, I expected him to take it to at least past 4 balls. He had the set up to be a hero though very difficult i know but too bad for him and kkr.

8 to defend in the last over with wickets in hand is pretty difficult in ODI's, let alone a T20

dolcevita
June 1, 2011, 05:16 PM

not 8 but 6

MI needed 7 to win...

I think kkr's managment + Gambhir are to blame here , because nobody tell shakib that Harbhajan's strenght is to hit in the cow corner so he needs to bowls on the offside ...

mar umpire
June 2, 2011, 04:05 AM
Shakib hadn't been used as a finisher before
Using a spinner is always risky esp against another hard hitting spinner

Should have bowled balaji-could have been the only player to lose consecutive matches with a six off the last ball

Avik
June 2, 2011, 04:48 AM
bowling a spinner on the last over is never a good idea. pacers can do far more containing. gambhir er captaincy is not solid yet. oi karonei ei bhul korse.

Jadukor
June 2, 2011, 05:01 AM
tactical error there for sure... Harbhajan can belt the spinners... what probably would have done the trick was some fast short pitch bowling from brett Lee

I was disappointed with the batting of Shakib... he was simply playing a shot every ball... most of the boundaries were edges and could have been out any other day... one could sense the difference in class between Tendoschate and Shakib as a batter

Banglaguy
June 2, 2011, 10:27 AM
not 8 but 6

MI needed 7 to win...

I think kkr's managment + Gambhir are to blame here , because nobody tell shakib that Harbhajan's strenght is to hit in the cow corner so he needs to bowls on the offside ...

Bhajji has always been known to be a more than useful batsmen. He has more centuries than Shakib :D (in tests)

Avik
June 2, 2011, 11:32 PM
he played 93 test matches, of course he will get more. he is a ok slogger. but giving the last over to your spinner against a slogger is almost tipping the balance to the sloggers favor. enough said.

Banglaguy
June 4, 2011, 06:59 AM
Yeah, it's easier in two hit a spinner through Cow's corner than a fast bowler. I think he was picked to bowl it on the basis that he was their best bowler in that game. Probably their best in the tournament. Not wicket wise, but overall

Banglaguy
June 12, 2011, 10:43 AM
So, how long is his contract? is it for just this season, or next one? If not, then do you guys think he will be kept again?

ahnaf
June 12, 2011, 12:13 PM
So, how long is his contract? is it for just this season, or next one? If not, then do you guys think he will be kept again?

2 season and club can extend the contract for one more season after that if they want..thats it i guess..

Banglaguy
June 12, 2011, 03:43 PM
So will there be no more auctions in 2012?

ahnaf
June 12, 2011, 03:46 PM
So will there be no more auctions in 2012?

there will be auction for new as well as unsold players such as tamim,gayle etc etc..

Banglaguy
June 12, 2011, 03:48 PM
there will be for new as well as unsold player such as tamim,gayle etc etc..

Hopefully Tamim can be bought this time round Inshallah. So will all teams retain the players they have now?

ahnaf
June 12, 2011, 04:02 PM
Hopefully Tamim can be bought this time round Inshallah. So will all teams retain the players they have now?

hmm..im hoping so..:) yes..they will but if any team want to release someone (just like MI did with ash after 1 year) they can do that... But its very rare..:)

Banglaguy
June 12, 2011, 04:07 PM
hmm..im hoping so..:) yes..they will but if any team want to release someone (just like MI did with ash after 1 year) they can do that... But its very rare..:)

I'm also think maybe Abdur Razzak might be quite useful. He is by far our best T20 bowler.

deshimon
June 12, 2011, 04:35 PM
Razzak played one season with RCB. Only one match and performance was so poor.

Banglaguy
June 12, 2011, 05:07 PM
Razzak played one season with RCB. Only one match and performance was so poor.

Yeah, I know about that, but he has improved quite a bit. Also why not try get Shafiul in?

deshimon
June 12, 2011, 05:42 PM
Shafiul is better according to our team but he isn't yet recognized internationally.

Banglaguy
June 13, 2011, 09:19 AM
Shafiul is better according to our team but he isn't yet recognized internationally.

Well he isn't consistent, and that's why he doesn't garner much international recognition :)
Mortaza (although IPL flop) has been pretty consistent except for after injuries etc... So he has always been our ''world class'' bowler.

6alltheway
June 15, 2011, 07:55 AM
Barring Shakib and maybe Tamim I don't think any other BD player is good enough to play in the IPL. They will only embarass themselfs and our country!

Banglaguy
June 15, 2011, 08:39 AM
Barring Shakib and maybe Tamim I don't think any other BD player is good enough to play in the IPL. They will only embarass themselfs and our country!

They are good enough, just not consistent enough. Zunaed is a good T20 player...

Banglaguy
August 22, 2011, 05:37 AM
Shakib is in the squad for the Champions League :D

nycpro96
August 22, 2011, 11:27 PM
Shakib is in the squad for the Champions League :D

YES! Hope he plays.

Banglaguy
August 23, 2011, 06:31 AM
YES! Hope he plays.

He was the KKR's best bowler... This guy is making some serious money.

nycpro96
August 26, 2011, 01:29 PM
He was the KKR's best bowler... This guy is making some serious money.

He was but his contract isn't too big.

Banglaguy
August 26, 2011, 01:45 PM
He was but his contract isn't too big.

I mean everything combined. Ads + BCB contract+ match fees + MoM awards + plots of lands + Captaincy money + KKR + Worcestershire..... And even the $425K alone is enough for one man.

Ace of BD
August 27, 2011, 04:26 PM
I mean everything combined. Ads + BCB contract+ match fees + MoM awards + plots of lands + Captaincy money + KKR + Worcestershire..... And even the $425K alone is enough for one man.

i can't find the source, but shak is the first sportsperson to earn a USD million per year(without IPL) from bangladesh......i mean, its not hard to understand why...just look at his endorsements, UCB BANK, pepsi, castrol oil, boost drink, tvs motors, polar ice cream, shokti doy, and God knows what not....the first real Bangladeshi celebrity.....

Banglaguy
August 27, 2011, 04:28 PM
i can't find the source, but shak is the first sportsperson to earn a USD million per year(without IPL) from bangladesh......i mean, its not hard to understand why...just look at his endorsements, UCB BANK, pepsi, castrol oil, boost drink, tvs motors, polar ice cream, shokti doy, and God knows what not....the first real Bangladeshi celebrity.....

I know. He must be the second best thing to ever happen to Bangladesh or it's people. He is making some serious money, and after he retires, he will be set. He might even have it in him to become a coach or something.

Ace of BD
August 27, 2011, 04:51 PM
I know. He must be the second best thing to ever happen to Bangladesh or it's people. He is making some serious money, and after he retires, he will be set. He might even have it in him to become a coach or something.

or in other words, how imran khan was to pakistan, or kapil dev to india, or ranatunga to sri lanka, or clive lyod to windies

Night_wolf
August 27, 2011, 06:16 PM
or in other words, how imran khan was to pakistan, or kapil dev to india, or ranatunga to sri lanka, or clive lyod to windies

wait until he wins a world cup...this comparisons looks funny now

Banglaguy
August 27, 2011, 07:00 PM
wait until he wins a world cup...this comparisons looks funny now

He's not saying he is them, but he is the BD version... The closest we have come to the top level.

Banglaguy
September 18, 2011, 06:04 AM
KKR are playing tomorrow, inshallah Shakib gets a chance?

AMD128
September 18, 2011, 06:14 AM
Shakib will play along with Ten Doeschate as Gambhir's injured & Morgan's injured too. So,we'll see Shakib & Tendo.

Banglaguy
September 18, 2011, 09:20 AM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/133400/133405.2.jpg

In Jacques Kallis and Shakib Al Hasan, Kolkata Knight Riders have two of the top allrounders in the world game.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/champions-league-twenty20-2011/content/current/story/532798.html

Nice to see my guy is getting a mention.

Hasan2k8
September 18, 2011, 05:52 PM
Good luck to Shakib tomorrow...

Naimul_Hd
September 18, 2011, 08:56 PM
Shakib (KKR) will play against Auckland tonight. The match will start at 8:30 BDT. ESPN STAR will telecast afaik !

Alchemist
September 19, 2011, 08:42 PM
Watched the whole match (no sleep last night) and really disappointed with Shakib's performance. The way he ran himself out at a very crucial moment, I just don't understand what was he thinking?

suvosaha
January 30, 2012, 09:32 PM
I hope Sakib will get chance to play in IPL and will showcase his talent in front of the world. He is a very talented players and i'm sure KKR will get benefited from him :)

godzilla
March 23, 2012, 04:36 AM
Shakib is in form of his life, he will surely win some matches for KKR single handedly ... Indian bowlers are going to be DUTH BHAT for him this time around! Go shak go :notworthy:

Night_wolf
March 23, 2012, 04:54 AM
^i'll be surprised if shakib gets into the 1st 11...kallis,macullam,lee will be kkr's 1st 3 foreign players...and as iqbal abdullah is already there with his SLA i bet kkr would use narine the windies spinner as their 4th foreign player..they got narine for 700000k and surely they would use him before shakib

Navo
March 23, 2012, 07:16 AM
^^ Narine is in better bowling form than Shakib but Shakib's belting of all and sundry in this Asia Cup could not have gone unnoticed.I'd play him instead of McCullum at close to the top of the order as he gives KKR more bowling options

Night_wolf
March 23, 2012, 08:08 AM
^^ Narine is in better bowling form than Shakib but Shakib's belting of all and sundry in this Asia Cup could not have gone unnoticed.I'd play him instead of McCullum at close to the top of the order as he gives KKR more bowling options

its not what we want or what is right..its what stupid kkr management thinks..who has a record of taking weird decisions..and they bought maculam for 900000k..so i think he'll be preferred over shakib

godzilla
March 23, 2012, 11:33 AM
if the kkr followed shakib's performance through out asia cup, it would b very very stupid to not include him in the playing 11

Jonas
March 23, 2012, 01:59 PM
Kallis has a pathetic strike rate of 108 in T20 cricket. Shakib is WAY better than him in T20s. But I do fear they'll still play Kallis, and continue their losing streak in the IPL.

TIKBoss
March 23, 2012, 08:32 PM
Narine? lol, he is just like ajantha mendis. Once his tricks are exposed he will get thrashed. Let him play half amount of international match as shakib did and then we will see.

TIKBoss
March 23, 2012, 08:32 PM
^i'll be surprised if shakib gets into the 1st 11...kallis,macullam,lee will be kkr's 1st 3 foreign players...and as iqbal abdullah is already there with his SLA i bet kkr would use narine the windies spinner as their 4th foreign player..they got narine for 700000k and surely they would use him before shakib

KKR will have to be retarded to not have shak in xi.. Shakib is a better batsman than mccullum forget about bowling which was best for kkr in ipl 2011..

Ajfar
March 23, 2012, 10:00 PM
Narine has ridiculous T20 average with the bowl- 12.18 after 16 T20 matches. That's really good, he will def make the squad ahead of shakib. Shakib's inclusion will depend on weather he can deliver with his bat or not, last season he was a bust with the bat. But after having success with the bat in BPL and Asia Cup, I'm pretty sure he'll deliver with the bat.

TIKBoss
March 23, 2012, 10:34 PM
Narine has ridiculous T20 average with the bowl- 12.18 after 16 T20 matches. That's really good, he will def make the squad ahead of shakib. Shakib's inclusion will depend on weather he can deliver with his bat or not, last season he was a bust with the bat. But after having success with the bat in BPL and Asia Cup, I'm pretty sure he'll deliver with the bat.

even if narine gets in ahead of shakib(he shouldnt) why the hell would lee, mccullim and kallis all get ahead? Shakib is the best all rounder in the world and one of the best t20 bowlers in the world.. and he will be the most popular among all overseas players in kolkata among fans if that matters in team selection.

Ajfar
March 23, 2012, 10:42 PM
Good news for us Narine might make the Test squad against Australia. But he doesn't have a contract with WI board, so even after being selected if he wants to he can just opt out of the test squad to play for Kolkata.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/west-indies-v-australia-2012/content/current/story/558383.html

TIKBoss
March 23, 2012, 10:49 PM
Good news for us Narine might make the Test squad against Australia. But he doesn't have a contract with WI board, so even after being selected if he wants to he can just opt out of the test squad to play for Kolkata.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/west-indies-v-australia-2012/content/current/story/558383.html

this is country vs money situation, and I am pretty sure money gonna win. I won't judge him though if he chooses ipl.. since he doesnt have a contract with wicb.

cricket_pagol
March 23, 2012, 11:06 PM
With "star power" gained from Asia Cup, it will be hard to keep Shakib out of the playing eleven.

Night_wolf
March 24, 2012, 01:31 AM
KKR will have to be retarded to not have shak in xi.. Shakib is a better batsman than mccullum forget about bowling which was best for kkr in ipl 2011..

Bro KKR is retarded...its KKR for gods sake:shakibscream:

zinatf
March 24, 2012, 03:38 AM
Ebar dekhbone kibhabe tara Morgan ke khelte nei Shakib-ke boshiye rekhe....

Navo
March 24, 2012, 10:08 AM
^^ The thing is even if they do play him, I hope they don't play Shakib at No. 7 as if he is just a bowler who can bat a bit. The BPL should have taught him that if you play him up the order, he will deliver more often than not. Plus, he is going through a rich vein of batting form at the moment. I hope the KKR management noticed that.

Dilscoop
March 24, 2012, 01:45 PM
kkr has new logo? they change things every year and suck at where it matters.

TigerEz
March 24, 2012, 02:37 PM
i dont give a crap about ipl. shakib shouldnt play ipl....instead BCB should have Bpl twice a year.

Boomerang
March 24, 2012, 04:00 PM

this mcCullum is the bowler or the wicket keeper. they both have the same name i guess. If it is the wK then it will be a tough call for shakib. But narine only needs a poor match or two to make way for shakib.