PDA

View Full Version : Shakib - IPL monitor thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Boomerang
April 13, 2012, 03:38 PM
If Sakib plays rest of the IPL matches he will get the purple or idk what color cap for the highest wckts
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

If he gets the chance to bat in first four for the rest of the matches then he also has the chance to get the orange cap. lolz they need to make a new cap with combination of two colors unless he choses to wear both. :p
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Dilscoop
April 13, 2012, 03:47 PM
Calm down guys.

oronnya
April 13, 2012, 06:02 PM
Calm down guys.

True !! If he fails just once he will be benched !!! So let's just hope he performs well whenever he gets a chance !! I am not eying on those colored cap yet.. :) .. let him seal his place first !!!

Navo
April 13, 2012, 10:26 PM
Belated congratulations to Shakib for a wonderful MOM performance :D

Maysun
April 14, 2012, 02:59 AM
1. Shakib appearing on the front page of Times of India

http://i.imgur.com/XxJ9t.jpg?1?6711

2. The title of the report in the Sports section

http://i.imgur.com/sIPRl.jpg?1

patriot
April 14, 2012, 05:47 AM
KKR's next game is against Punjab at home . No prizes for guessing Shakibs inclusion in the team . Punjab are not the greatest team in this years IPL and if its same wicket they will be playing , expect our superman to have another great performance.

zinatf
April 14, 2012, 05:59 AM
Insha Allah he will play well....but let's hope he gets selected....considering it's KKR team management....anything can happen....

Equinox
April 14, 2012, 07:14 AM
Congrats Shak! He has established himself firmly as KKR's premier spinner ahead of Narine, Yusuf and Abdullah. Batting was a bit shaky but the pitch was a difficult one and he didn't have much time to get his eye in. Hopefully he goes from strength to strength from here on. Purple cap, or whatever colour the bowling one is, should be his personal target.

Leafs PWN
April 14, 2012, 07:59 PM
What a response from Shak! KKR will be scrutinized like no tomorrow from now on if they drop Shak and lose.

napoleonIV
April 15, 2012, 08:14 AM
How was Shakib's bowling today? I missed that part. Any comments?

Equinox
April 15, 2012, 08:31 AM
Why does he bat like such a moron in the IPL? And it's not just this match it's every match. :hairpull:

Maysun
April 15, 2012, 08:37 AM
If KKR loses today I wouldn't be surprised if Shakib gets the axe. Poor stuff from Shakib.

Night_wolf
April 15, 2012, 10:30 AM
surely no shakib in the next game

Dilscoop
April 15, 2012, 01:03 PM
I woke up for that slog sweep!! Really disappointing stuff from him. He knows it. But you guys need to calm down. Sound like you're talking a about ashraful. This is Shakib al Hasan we are speaking off!!

Don't care if kkr don't pick him next game. If they think they lost the game because of him than they can screw off. They staked the line up with out form batsmen.

Tiger444
April 15, 2012, 03:42 PM
I think they'll drop Tendo and bring in Lee next game. Shakib is under the the pressure and definitely needs to step up.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

22Yards
April 15, 2012, 11:57 PM
I think for Shakib Al Hasan, the responsibility in bowling comes in naturally. When it comes to batting he wants to lead from the front and take the team home but for some reason, in the star studded KKR team mates alongside him, he hasnt been able to take that responsibility on himself or probably is confused how to go about it. He is class, he'll figure it out.

Habib
April 16, 2012, 12:09 AM
He is no stupid. He knows he messed up. He'll come back strong as usual inshallah.

zinatf
April 16, 2012, 01:14 AM
It really doesn't matter if he doesn't gets picked up for the next game....for heaven's sake, he's the no. 1 all-rounder in both odi and test format....on top of that....he has BPL and the next upcoming Pakistan series to worry about....Sure, IPL has money, but cricket comes last in this league.

patriot
April 18, 2012, 03:27 AM
There is a heightened security status for our stay in Chandigarh and a trip to the nearby Nandos turns into a mini military operation. I have a good catch-up with Shakib and Binga [Brett Lee] over some chicken and a few drinks. Shakib has a great outlook on cricket and he is the perfect guy to have a laugh with today.

Ryan Ten Doeschate in his IPL tour diary.

mar umpire
April 18, 2012, 05:05 AM
@ above

Shakib is not gambhir

godzilla
April 22, 2012, 09:17 AM
No shakib? :/

Goo Kumar Sangakara ... win one for your franchise XD

Tiger444
April 23, 2012, 12:35 PM
I have a feeling that Shakib will play tomorrow since Eden Gardens pitches are slow and low. I have a feeling that Shakib will mainly play in the home matches. If he wants to find a spot in the away matches, he's going to have perform with the bat. Also he can't afford to relax with the ball. He should try to take 5fers and scores 50's whenever he can. Then there is no way KKR can drop the guy.

BD Rox
April 23, 2012, 01:54 PM
I have a feeling that Shakib will play tomorrow since Eden Gardens pitches are slow and low. I have a feeling that Shakib will mainly play in the home matches. If he wants to find a spot in the away matches, he's going to have perform with the bat. Also he can't afford to relax with the ball. He should try to take 5fers and scores 50's whenever he can. Then there is no way KKR can drop the guy.

Sorry, Shak wasn't picked-up:facepalm:. But, I reckon he's gonna play in the next match as McCullum's poor form continues.:goal:

oronnya
April 23, 2012, 03:08 PM

That's too much to ask for.. Why does he have to do that?? He doesn't need to prove anything just to get few more matches in IPL.. He is an excellent player and all he have to do is maintain his standard.. All I want is not to play those stupid shots or give away too many runs.. If he can maintain a good economy rate and contribute a fair amount with the bat that's good enough.. If he does something above that, which he is well capable of would just be great..

Tiger444
April 23, 2012, 03:25 PM
That's too much to ask for.. Why does he have to do that?? He doesn't need to prove anything just to get few more matches in IPL.. He is an excellent player and all he have to do is maintain his standard.. All I want is not to play those stupid shots or give away too many runs.. If he can maintain a good economy rate and contribute a fair amount with the bat that's good enough.. If he does something above that, which he is well capable of would just be great..

Okay I went overboard with that comment but ya I want him to perform well.

oronnya
April 23, 2012, 03:36 PM
Okay I went overboard with that comment but ya I want him to perform well.

I know, we as a fan are frustrated to not to see our best players getting matches whereas many other regular players are getting match after match .. Don't worry, the day when BD will earn reputation and recognition, no one will overlook our players.. Poor Shakib, doesn't recieve the respect he deserves.. but our future generation players will Inshallah :)

Tiger444
April 23, 2012, 04:01 PM
Ya it definitely is frustrating especially when he's the #1 allrounder but ya a lot of good players are also getting benched so its not only Shakib. IPL should really start having 5 foreign players per game. It would make the league a lot better.

oronnya
April 23, 2012, 06:51 PM
Ya it definitely is frustrating especially when he's the #1 allrounder but ya a lot of good players are also getting benched so its not only Shakib. IPL should really start having 5 foreign players per game. It would make the league a lot better.

mmm they won't do that as they have soooo many world class players !! Having 5 foreign players will reduce the quota for local players and why would India do that?

tiger_army
April 23, 2012, 09:24 PM
Shak might play today... but consideing they have so many lefties, im not expecting anything frm him...lets see how he bats as well.

Jadukor
April 23, 2012, 09:50 PM
I doubt shak will be played since Lee won the mom last game. Kallis, Narine and lee being certain leaves only one position open. If macullum gets dropped then we might see eoin morgan given a game

I really hope he plays though

Tiger444
April 23, 2012, 10:10 PM
mmm they won't do that as they have soooo many world class players !! Having 5 foreign players will reduce the quota for local players and why would India do that?

I think it would be a great thing. The Indian players would have to work much harder to get the 6 spots then they do now. Also it would make people watch it more since the game would be of higher quality. It doesn't really help that they don't let Pakistanis play since they were exciting to watch in the 1st IPL.

tiger_army
April 23, 2012, 11:41 PM
I doubt shak will be played since Lee won the mom last game. Kallis, Narine and lee being certain leaves only one position open. If macullum gets dropped then we might see eoin morgan given a game

I really hope he plays though

no way.. they wont risk it consedring its a total spin track...if shakib mess this up they will bring abdullah and morgan in his place..

Murad
April 23, 2012, 11:44 PM
All the blames goes to Shakib's batting for not getting enough chances. He is an allrounder not a tailender.

Jadukor
April 23, 2012, 11:56 PM
no way.. they wont risk it consedring its a total spin track...if shakib mess this up they will bring abdullah and morgan in his place..

I hope you are right. Would really hate to see him get left out on the eden gardens surface.

Shak hasn't quite learnt the art of T-20 batting. He takes way too many risks instead of playing sensibly. The James Franklin innings for Mumbai should be a perfect example of how to build a t-20 innings for him. Franklin played out six dot balls in the opening over and started very slowly but he didn't get frustrated and give his wicket away slogging across the line. As a result later on when he got used to the wicket he played some really awesome shots to get his strike rate up over 150

azim71
April 24, 2012, 12:26 AM
according 2 anandabazar report,shakib may replace lee or mccullum today considering d usual slow nature of d pitch in kolkata.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Maysun
April 24, 2012, 12:36 AM
Shakib should be playing for franchises like Rajasthan Royals/Kings XI Punjab/Deccan Chargers. Would be playing games in and games out and everyone'd be happy!

Naimul_Hd
April 24, 2012, 01:28 AM
Here is the full report of Anandabazar.

[বাংলা]টিম হোটেলের কফিশপের টেবিলে রাত পৌনে ন’টায় দুই মূর্তি। আলুভাজায় কামড় দিতে দিতে গৌতম গম্ভীর এবং এই মুহূর্তে নাইট অধিনায়কের ‘ঘনিষ্ঠতম’ দোসর বিজয় দাহিয়া। নাইটদের ‘থিঙ্কট্যাঙ্ক’। আলোচনার বিষয়বস্তু আন্দাজ করা খুব কঠিন নয়। ইডেন থেকে আরও দু’পয়েন্ট ঘরে তোলার নীল-নকশা। টিম মালিক ভুবনেশ্বর থেকে এসে ঘাঁটি গেড়েছেন বাইপাসের ধারের হোটেলে। কটকে জেতার পর সে ভাবে উৎসব হয়নি। আজ ইডেনে জিতলে রাতে হওয়ার কথা।

এই যদি নাইটদের সুখের সংসারের বহিরঙ্গ হয়, অন্তরঙ্গ ছবিটা খুব স্বস্তিদায়ক নয়। আড়ালে-আবডালে বলা শুরু হয়ে গিয়েছে, প্রথম এগারোয় ঢোকার জন্য পারফরম্যান্সই কি শেষ কথা হচ্ছে? মনবিন্দর বিসলা বা রজত ভাটিয়া কী ভাবে ম্যাচের পর ম্যাচ খেলে যাচ্ছেন আর বাইরে বসে থাকছেন ফর্মে থাকা লক্ষ্মী বা ইকবাল আবদুল্লা, সেই প্রশ্ন শিবিরে ইতিউতি উড়ছে। নতুন দুর্ভোগ বলতে লক্ষ্মীপতি বালাজি। হ্যামস্ট্রিংয়ে চোট লেগেছে কটকে। রাতের খবর, আগামী ছ’দিন মাঠের বাইরে থাকতে হচ্ছে তাঁকে। তীব্র ক্ষোভ ঘনীভূত ব্রেন্ডন ম্যাকালামকে নিয়েও। ডেকানের বিরুদ্ধে ফিরতি ম্যাচে তাঁর বসার সম্ভাবনা প্রবল। সেক্ষেত্রে চার বিদেশি সাকিব, কালিস, ব্রেট লি এবং সুনীল নারিন। বসবেন দুশখাতে, মর্গ্যান, ম্যাকালাম। ইউসুফ পাঠানের টানা সাত ম্যাচে রান নেই তবু ম্যানেজমেন্টের সহানুভূতি তাঁর দিকে। সিইও বেঙ্কি মাইসোর যেমন বললেন, “ইউসুফ টিমে থাকা মানে যে কোনও বিপক্ষ চাপে থাকে। ওর ফর্মে ফিরতে স্রেফ দশটা বল লাগবে।”

কবে যে সেই দশটা বল আসবে কেউ জানে না। অদ্ভুত ভাবে বসিয়ে রাখা হয়েছে লক্ষ্মীকে। ফিট হয়ে যাওয়া সত্ত্বেও কটকে নিয়ে যাওয়া হয়নি। ইডেনে টানা চার দিন প্র্যাক্টিসের পরেও লক্ষ্মী জানেন না, আজ ইডেনে প্রথম এগারোয় তাঁর জায়গা আছে কি না। সে রকম কোনও ইঙ্গিতও নেই। বরং এটাই ঠিক হয়ে আছে চোট পাওয়া বালাজির জায়গায় খেলবেন বাঁ হাতি পেসার জয়দেব উনাদকট। যাঁকে কিংস ইলেভেন ম্যাচে ইডেনে খেলিয়ে কোনও লাভ হয়নি। ৭ ম্যাচে ৮ পয়েন্ট নিয়ে টিম আপাতত স্বস্তির নিরাপদ আশ্রয়ে। হয়তো আজও ইডেনে দু’পয়েন্ট আসবে। কিন্তু প্রথম এগারো নিয়ে নাইটদের চিরকালীন টালবাহানা আইপিএল ফাইভেও চলেছে। এই ‘ট্র্যাডিশন’-এ কোনও পরিবর্তন নেই।

ইডেনের উইকেট নিয়ে বিশেষজ্ঞদের মতামত হল, এটা টি-টোয়েন্টির উইকেট নয়। স্বয়ং সৌরভ গঙ্গোপাধ্যায় নিজের কলামে লিখেছেনও সেটা। দোষ পড়ছে কিউরেটর প্রবীর মুখোপাধ্যায়ের উপর। কেন বল যাচ্ছে না, কেন ১৩০-১৪০-এর বেশি উঠছে না, ইত্যাদি। আসল গল্পটা একেবারে অন্য রকম। যেখানে গম্ভীর যা চাইছেন তা-ই দেওয়া হচ্ছে। যেমন দাবি, তেমন উইকেট। স্লো উইকেট হলে নাকি নাইটরা ঘরের মাঠের সুবিধা পাবে। স্পিনার দিয়ে কাজ হাসিল হবে। তা হলে ইডেনে অন্তত ব্রেট লি-কে খেলানোর কোনও মানে হয় না। অনেক ভাল বাজি হতে পারতেন বাইরে থাকা ইকবাল আবদুল্লা। ক্রিকেটীয় স্ট্র্যাটেজির দিক দিয়ে হয়তো স্লো উইকেটের ভাবনা ঠিক। ‘স্টেইন’গানকে সামলাতে ঘূর্ণিই ভাল। সবুজ উইকেটে স্টেইনকে খেলা নিয়ে কে আর বিনিয়োগ করবে?
অগত্যা ডেকান-বধের মঞ্চটা হল, আগে সঙ্গকারার টিমকে ব্যাট করতে পাঠাও। ১২৫-১৩০ এর মধ্যে আটকে রাখো। তারপর কালিস-গম্ভীরকে দিয়ে ওপেন করিয়ে রানটা ১৮ বা ১৯ নম্বর ওভারে তুলে ফেলো। এই অঙ্ক মাথায় রেখেই আজ ইডেনে নামবে নাইটরা। প্রতিপক্ষ টানা পাঁচটা ম্যাচ হেরেছে। এমনিতেই টিমের মনোভাব তলানিতে। ধরে নেওয়া হচ্ছে, আরও ১১টা ম্যাচ বাকি থাকলেও এই ডেকানের দুমড়ে-মুচড়ে যাওয়া মেরুদণ্ড আর সোজা হবে না। অবশ্যই অন্য রকম ভাবছেন কুমার সঙ্গকারা। এখনও ডেকান অধিনায়কের মূলমন্ত্র, ‘হাল ছেড়ো না বন্ধু’। সন্ধেয় টিম হোটেলে বসে আনন্দবাজারকে বললেন, “এই ফর্ম্যাটের মজাটাই হল একবার হারতে শুরু করলে আপনি হারতে পারেন টানা কয়েকটা ম্যাচ। কিন্তু মাত্র তিন ঘণ্টায় যখন-তখন বদলে দিতে পারেন অঙ্ক। ইডেনে একটা ম্যাচ জিতলেই আমাদের টিম ঘুরে দাঁড়াতে পারে। সেটা যে কালই হবে না, কী করে বুঝছেন?” জানাচ্ছেন, পাঁচটা ম্যাচে হারলেও অন্তত তিনটে ম্যাচে জেতার মতো অবস্থায় ছিল ডেকান। স্রেফ ভাল ফিনিশারের অভাবে মাচ বেরোয়নি।
ইডেনে বেরোবে বলেও কোনও গ্যারান্টি নেই। হেরো টিমকে কে আর মনে রাখে? জমা তো হয় বাতিলের খাতায়। ‘উল্টে দেখুন পাল্টে গেছে’ এক্ষেত্রেও হওয়ার সম্ভাবনা কম।
[/বাংলা]

http://www.anandabazar.com/24khela1.html

zinatf
April 24, 2012, 02:08 AM
Uff Gambhir as a captain is @#$^&^%$#@! no wonder Team India took Kohli as VC instead....what the hell is Beyliss and Akram doing....:facepalm:

simon
April 24, 2012, 09:28 AM
Anandabazar >>>Kaler kontho

anyway,aj ki Sakib khelchey naki abar Kalam ke shoraya MorGun ke dibo?

mufi_02
April 24, 2012, 09:48 AM
Ten doeschate is [বাংলা]দুশখাতে[/বাংলা] :lol:

Atleast amader KalerKantho nam erokom bango kore nah.

oronnya
April 24, 2012, 10:24 AM
Ten doeschate is [বাংলা]দুশখাতে[/বাংলা] :lol:

Atleast amader KalerKantho nam erokom bango kore nah.

hmm দুশখাতে pore amio hashte hashte shesh.. prothom koekbar pore bujhi e nai.. oneekk bhebe mobne holo Tendo er kotha bolchhe.. eka ekai hashchhi kotokhhon..:floor::floor:

AsifTheManRahman
April 24, 2012, 01:58 PM
Eshob kono bepar e na...Kolkatar shongbadpotrey Jayasuriya howe jaay Joy Shurjo. Ebhabe banglakoroner naamey manusher naam dhorshon korar ki maaney bujhi na.

dash
April 24, 2012, 04:24 PM
hmm দুশখাতে pore amio hashte hashte shesh.. prothom koekbar pore bujhi e nai.. oneekk bhebe mobne holo Tendo er kotha bolchhe.. eka ekai hashchhi kotokhhon..:floor::floor:

actually they are not that wrong
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_Pronounce_the_name_Doeschate

oe in dutch is the same as oo in English food. the s is like English s in soot. The ch sounds like ch in scottish loch - a bit like clearing your throat or a very rough h. The ate sounds like atter without any at sounding the r.

oronnya
April 24, 2012, 06:07 PM
actually they are not that wrong
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_Pronounce_the_name_Doeschate

oe in dutch is the same as oo in English food. the s is like English s in soot. The ch sounds like ch in scottish loch - a bit like clearing your throat or a very rough h. The ate sounds like atter without any at sounding the r.

tarporo ja e bolen দুশখাতে dekhe ekbare bojhar konoi upai nei je Tendo ke bojhano hochhe :D .. It just sounds/looks funny in Bangla.. :D

dash
April 24, 2012, 06:12 PM
tarporo ja e bolen দুশখাতে dekhe ekbare bojhar konoi upai nei je Tendo ke bojhano hochhe :D .. It just sounds/looks funny in Bangla.. :D

yap...............

mar umpire
April 24, 2012, 08:40 PM
All the blames goes to Shakib's batting for not getting enough chances. He is an allrounder not a tailender.

Lol
after shakib again?
we can blame ash for ash's failures-he had so many chances but not shakib
No blame goes to shak
Stuff gambhir

Habib
April 25, 2012, 02:06 AM
Lol
after shakib again?
we can blame ash for ash's failures-he had so many chances but not shakib
No blame goes to shak
Stuff gambhir

Exactly. Like Pathan, McCullum are setting the field on fire :) The double standard is crystal clear here. Anyway, as I've always maintained- no use whining over why Indians do not pick our players in their XI.

mar umpire
April 25, 2012, 03:54 AM
Agree with you habib-Mac"No PC"-Kolom is way out of form. Gambhir is playing like Morgan and Kallis couldn't even get runs in a rat infested, typhoid colonised street-side Indian restaurant

watching KKR lose is far more satisfying than seeing them win even with shakib-
here's to hoping they don't make to the semis
Then the management will have some explaining to do
Post mortems are exciting

Maysun
April 28, 2012, 02:27 AM
Got these off facebook fan pages

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/156167_346519362067922_130265717026622_903063_1303 374938_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/540439_441951122498240_153492381344117_1732721_335 210455_n.jpg

Seems to be happy, calm and relaxed despite not getting games. Good to see.

Ajfar
April 28, 2012, 09:38 AM
^ shakib loving life. We are way more pissed about shakib not playing than shakib himself.

So no shakib again? I guess he will play even less games this season than he did last season. I really hopw shaib gets a different team next season

oronnya
April 28, 2012, 09:57 AM
^ shakib loving life. We are way more pissed about shakib not playing than shakib himself.

So no shakib again? I guess he will play even less games this season than he did last season. I really hopw shaib gets a different team next season

Yeah Shakib is a professional cricketer and he usually doesn't react much about any situation.. His aloof nature helps him survive these situations !!!

Sovik
April 29, 2012, 01:31 AM
He is getting some rest. How does Rajath Bhatia get all the games?

kalpurush
April 29, 2012, 03:40 AM
How does Rajath Bhatia get all the games?
YK Pathan is getting all the games as well despite the :down: performance

zinatf
April 29, 2012, 04:18 AM
^speaking of YK, you should have seen the excitement in the whole KKR management's face....when he hit the :six: as if he got his "form" back. Next ball he's :outbad:

oronnya
April 29, 2012, 10:16 AM
^speaking of YK, you should have seen the excitement in the whole KKR management's face....when he hit the :six: as if he got his "form" back. Next ball he's :outbad:

not only that they were replaying his celebration over and over again after getting the 1st wicket in this season :waiting:.. The commentators were soooo excited:-/..I don't get all these craziness for YP:-/:-/ ..

Remember, in the match where Shakib got MOM- it was his 6 and 4 which brought down the equation to 6 from 9 yet everyone was praising Pathan's 4.. Someone was saying I enjoyed Pathan's 4 more than Shakib's 6 :waiting::waiting:

So they have this obsession for YP and they will continue with him till the end.. of course after getting soo many chances he will definitely get his form back..

zinatf
April 29, 2012, 10:26 AM
^It's bound to....they think YP will be back in form in matter of a few balls and a mtch-win innings....so much for getting that innings!

Dilscoop
April 29, 2012, 09:50 PM
I look at it this way. This was Shakib's masterplan to get a paid vaca. Do you think the best ALR atm is any short of ideas? Dumb kkr.

He showed himself in the first game, got an MoM. And then he had enough. Thew the 2nd game.

Perfect plan.

oronnya
April 29, 2012, 10:20 PM
I look at it this way. This was Shakib's masterplan to get a paid vaca. Do you think the best ALR atm is any short of ideas? Dumb kkr.

He showed himself in the first game, got an MoM. And then he had enough. Thew the 2nd game.

Perfect plan.

:lol::lol::lol: Hope that is true ;)

Maysun
April 30, 2012, 12:10 AM
It doesn't even matter anymore. Right now I think he shouldn't feature in any matches and get his deserved rest! Just train in the nets, travel around India, Have fun.

Maysun
April 30, 2012, 07:01 AM
More photos of Shakib

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/403381_387551024623319_101991343179290_1118055_125 8957088_n.jpg

Habib
April 30, 2012, 08:51 AM
Hopefully Shak won't be playing in this match or any matches in this IPL.

zinatf
April 30, 2012, 09:15 AM
Nope he isn't!
Playing XI : Gambhir (C), Bhatia, McCullum (WK), Kallis, Narine, Lee, Pathan, Das, Tiwary, Shukla, Abdulla

Source: KKR Twitter page

MohammedC
April 30, 2012, 09:25 AM
Shakib should return to Bangladesh and take his desired break. And sign a full contract with a county team whether its Essex or any other team I am not bothered. As long as he is playing that's what we care.

AsifTheManRahman
April 30, 2012, 09:27 AM
When there are too many options, it's a matter of picking those who have already proven themselves and have been "getting the job done" instead of picking those who "have the potential to do equally well or slightly better". Iqbal is a local player and has been doing well for a while and Narine grabbed his opportunity to return a Pfeiffer in the match where Shakib picked only a single wicket. On top of that, KKR are winning. So why try to fix something that isn't broken?

There's a similar reason for repeatedly not picking Elias or anyone else instead of Razzak in the Bangladesh national XI.

oronnya
April 30, 2012, 09:29 AM
Nope he isn't!
Playing XI : Gambhir (C), Bhatia, McCullum (WK), Kallis, Narine, Lee, Pathan, Das, Tiwary, Shukla, Abdulla

Source: KKR Twitter page

bhalo hoise don't want him to play.. hudai tention e thaki..

Equinox
April 30, 2012, 09:49 AM
When there are too many options, it's a matter of picking those who have already proven themselves and have been "getting the job done" instead of picking those who "have the potential to do equally well or slightly better". Iqbal is a local player and has been doing well for a while and Narine grabbed his opportunity to return a Pfeiffer in the match where Shakib picked only a single wicket. On top of that, KKR are winning. So why try to fix something that isn't broken?

There's a similar reason for repeatedly not picking Elias or anyone else instead of Razzak in the Bangladesh national XI.
+1

Shakib should return to Bangladesh and take his desired break. And sign a full contract with a county team whether its Essex or any other team I am not bothered. As long as he is playing that's what we care.
Too bad we can't pay him $450,000

MohammedC
April 30, 2012, 10:23 AM
Too bad we can't pay him $450,000

Damn.... Is that what he is getting for IPL 5?

zinatf
April 30, 2012, 10:25 AM
Damn.... Is that what he is getting for IPL 5?

nope.....he got $425,000 for the whole 2/3 years as per the contract!

Equinox
April 30, 2012, 10:27 AM
nope.....he got $425,000 for the whole 2/3 years as per the contract!
It's $450,000/year. So that's $900,000 over two years.

oronnya
April 30, 2012, 10:33 AM

But Shakib did pick up 3 wickets and also 2 wickets before that match whereas Narire picked only 1 till then.. Still They trusted Narine and the next match he got the 5er.. If they showed the same confidence in Shakib he could've done better in many occassions .. mot kotha Shakib ke ora etto patta dai na.. or upor oder shei confidence nai jotota Cullum/Narine/Kallis/ Lee er upor achhe.. tai ora match er por match kharap koreo chance pai jekhane Shakib avg and sometimes above avg perform koreo chance paina..ek e karone Tamim o chance paina.. oder shei credibility hoito ekhono toiri hoini..

AsifTheManRahman
April 30, 2012, 10:39 AM
But Shakib did pick up 3 wickets and also 2 wickets before that match whereas Narire picked only 1 till then.. Still They trusted Narine and the next match he got the 5er.. If they showed the same confidence in Shakib he could've done better in many occassions .. mot kotha Shakib ke ora etto patta dai na.. or upor oder shei confidence nai jotota Cullum/Narine/Kallis/ Lee er upor achhe.. tai ora match er por match kharap koreo chance pai jekhane Shakib avg and sometimes above avg perform koreo chance paina..ek e karone Tamim o chance paina.. oder shei credibility hoito ekhono toiri hoini..
For that, Shakib needed to perform with the bat, but failed miserably. Even the 10-ball 16 that he made in that one game where he won the MoM award wasn't sufficient - he should have stayed till the end and seen it off. Narine plays as a bowler, so for a guy like Shakib, the expectation is that he will contribute with both ball and bat.

Tamim is different - no BPL performance to back him up, Ganguly won't be dropped and Ryder has done OK.

MohammedC
April 30, 2012, 10:49 AM
Just saw Shakib speaking on tv

zinatf
April 30, 2012, 10:50 AM
It's $450,000/year. So that's $900,000 over two years.

nope. It's $425,000 per year...not $450,000

dash
April 30, 2012, 10:57 AM
nope. It's $25,000 per year...not $450,000

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2011-01-08/news/28426748_1_usd-cricket-chennai-super-kings
its %425,000 per year

Brad Haddin at USD 325,000 appeared to be a smart buy by KKR, as was Bangladesh all-rounder Shakib-al-Hasan for USD 425,000.

zinatf
April 30, 2012, 11:00 AM
^dash typo chilo....edit korar to shomoi diba....

oronnya
April 30, 2012, 11:09 AM
For that, Shakib needed to perform with the bat, but failed miserably. Even the 10-ball 16 that he made in that one game where he won the MoM award wasn't sufficient - he should have stayed till the end and seen it off. Narine plays as a bowler, so for a guy like Shakib, the expectation is that he will contribute with both ball and bat.

Tamim is different - no BPL performance to back him up, Ganguly won't be dropped and Ryder has done OK.

Ok, we know that he have to perform with both bat and ball and we fans were utterly disappointed and angry with his poor show with the bat.. But I'm thinking from KKR's point of view now..if performance was their criteria of selection then how come Kallis is getting chance after chance without doing well with both bat and ball at the same time.. KKR lost one game particularly for Kallis where he gave away 17 runs and scored 0 but did he get dropped the next match?? no.. same goes gor McCullum.. He has been extremely poor with bat but still he is getting chance.. soo it's not about performance it's about the big names.. They just wait for a reason to drop Shakib and get the big names as they have more confidence on them than Shakib..

Same logic goes for warriors as well.. Dada was really poor in many matches, even Ryder.. But they didn't want to take risk with Tamim..

Maysun
April 30, 2012, 11:14 AM
Our players need to perform at the t20 WC. End of story. Else they will be overlooked time and again.

roman
April 30, 2012, 11:16 AM

What did he say?

tiger_army
April 30, 2012, 11:23 AM
Cant compare between shak and narine...narine is a special bowler...just look at his economy rate....I havent seen any single batsman can play his bowling properly...Batsmen are struggling against him...

MohammedC
April 30, 2012, 12:10 PM
^^^ narine is another Ajantha "The Carom" Mendis. What happened to him ? Someone will crack Narines code soon.

AsifTheManRahman
April 30, 2012, 01:08 PM
Ok, we know that he have to perform with both bat and ball and we fans were utterly disappointed and angry with his poor show with the bat.. But I'm thinking from KKR's point of view now..if performance was their criteria of selection then how come Kallis is getting chance after chance without doing well with both bat and ball at the same time.. KKR lost one game particularly for Kallis where he gave away 17 runs and scored 0 but did he get dropped the next match?? no.. same goes gor McCullum.. He has been extremely poor with bat but still he is getting chance.. soo it's not about performance it's about the big names.. They just wait for a reason to drop Shakib and get the big names as they have more confidence on them than Shakib..

Same logic goes for warriors as well.. Dada was really poor in many matches, even Ryder.. But they didn't want to take risk with Tamim..
Again, that's what happens when you hire way more than you can field. There are arguments both for and against Shakib and Tamim. At the end of the day though, both teams seem to have found combinations, or at least close to combinations that are working for them. Unfortunately, neither Shakib nor Tamim seems features in them.

MohammedC
April 30, 2012, 03:23 PM

What did he say?

Go here and find out for yourself

https://www.facebook.com/pages/BanglaCricketcom/110639668975754

oronnya
April 30, 2012, 03:51 PM
Go here and find out for yourself

https://www.facebook.com/pages/BanglaCricketcom/110639668975754

he spoke better than his post match interviews ...

Thank you for the video !!

MohammedC
April 30, 2012, 04:12 PM
^^^ you are welcome brother :-p

dash
April 30, 2012, 04:19 PM
^dash typo chilo....edit korar to shomoi diba....

lol....sorry

oronnya
April 30, 2012, 04:24 PM
^^^ you are welcome brother :-p

achha ajke shobar hoise ki??? hothat brother hoye gelam kemne:wow: .. Shakibrulez er moto to bhul howar shombhabona nai.. ami to prothom thekei bole ashchhi "Ami Obola Nari"E-)E-)

dash
April 30, 2012, 04:26 PM
achha ajke shobar hoise ki??? hothat brother hoye gelam kemne:wow: .. Shakibrulez er moto to bhul howar shombhabona nai.. ami to prothom thekei bole ashchhi "Ami Obola Nari"E-)E-)

ji madam

MohammedC
April 30, 2012, 04:41 PM
Oronnya Didi is female........OMG!!!!!

Dilscoop
April 30, 2012, 05:13 PM
oh hell. Not this again.

Well I never really thought about Oro's sex, now that I think about it. May be I did think she was a he? idk.

oronnya
April 30, 2012, 05:18 PM
Oronnya Didi is female........OMG!!!!!

achha apni pochatesen kake??? amake naki jara amake brother bole bhul korechhe,.,.:-/:-/

tiger_army
April 30, 2012, 09:28 PM
^^^ narine is another Ajantha "The Carom" Mendis. What happened to him ? Someone will crack Narines code soon.

It will happen for sure....the more international game he will play batmen will find his bowling trick...KKR played a blinder knowing he hasent been exposed much to international cricket...Chennai paid million bucks for jaddu and failed completely but narine is a smart buy for KKR... lets see how he plays the rest of the tournaments...Shakib has to rely on Kalam's performence or balajis fitness here...

Purbasha T
May 1, 2012, 04:02 AM
Lol c'mon all 5 letter+ Bengali names that end with ''na'', ''nya'' are girls'.

Purbasha T
May 1, 2012, 04:03 AM
Sunil Narine reminds of Sunil from Narayonganj!

Zunaid
May 1, 2012, 04:32 AM
Lol c'mon all 5 letter+ Bengali names that end with ''na'', ''nya'' are girls'.

What about rana? ;-)

Your name was obviously female but whether you were one.... However, had anyone followed your posts all doubts would be cast aside.

Unlike the West, we don't have to deal with ambiguities like Pat, Chris, Leslie etc. Who remembers the 'It's Pat' SNL sketch that was also made into a movie?

zinatf
May 1, 2012, 04:37 AM
What about rana? ;-)

Your name was obviously female but whether you were one.... However, had anyone followed your posts all doubts would be cast aside.

Unlike the West, we don't have to deal with ambiguities like Pat, Chris, Leslie etc. Who remembers the 'It's Pat' SNL sketch that was also made into a movie?

I know an aunt who's name's Rana :)

Purbasha T
May 1, 2012, 05:18 AM
What about rana? ;-)

Not 5 letter+. ;)

eeee, I'm failing to sense the tone!! :hairpull:

Night_wolf
May 1, 2012, 10:52 AM
local SLAs are doing well in IPL, if shakib gets another chance and fails with the bat again i doubt he'll have a team next season let alone play

Tiger444
May 1, 2012, 11:39 AM
local SLAs are doing well in IPL, if shakib gets another chance and fails with the bat again i doubt he'll have a team next season let alone play

He has a 3 year contract with KKR though doesn't he?

Night_wolf
May 1, 2012, 12:11 PM
He has a 3 year contract with KKR though doesn't he?

afaik its a 2 year contract..mash's one was 2 years too

Tiger444
May 1, 2012, 12:38 PM
afaik its a 2 year contract..mash's one was 2 years too

Mash's was a 2 year contract but Shakib's is 3 years. I can't find the source but I saw it somewhere.

oronnya
May 1, 2012, 01:55 PM

It's better Shakib doesn't make himself available for next year because no matter how he performs he will still not get picked for the playing XI by any team.. It's just their mindset.. Things might change if he can do something extraordinary and win KKR few matches... But the pressure he faces with those limited chance I don't think he would be able to do something special..Don't know why he looks so nervous when he plays for other teams..

Navo
May 2, 2012, 11:52 AM
Seeing Muralitharan on the bench for RCB makes me realize that maybe it isn't such a big deal that Shakib isn't getting a game regularly.

zinatf
May 2, 2012, 12:01 PM
^^Navo....here's what Joy Bhattacharya from KKR says about Shakib on getting benched

http://kkr.in/blog/strong-performance-in-chennai.aspx

oronnya
May 2, 2012, 12:18 PM
^^Navo....here's what Joy Bhattacharya fromm KKR says about Shakib on getting benched

http://kkr.in/blog/strong-performance-in-chennai.aspx

I reember Wasim Akram too specifically mentioned about Shakib in an interview that how Shakib helps the other bowlers.. ashole eitai KKR er chalaki.. Shakib er tips nitese kintu ore khelachhe na :waiting:

Navo
May 2, 2012, 12:21 PM
^^ I'm not surprised that he's a very supportive team mate. (Very nice words by Mr. Bhattacharya btw!) As a professional sportsman and a former national captain, I think he realizes better than any of us fans how important team combinations on the field are and how important team chemistry is in general.

oronnya
May 2, 2012, 12:22 PM
just for the convenience , here is the report from Joy Bhattacharya

Strong performance in Chennai

The Chepauk has special memories – this was the venue where the new unit of KKR played for the first time in 2011 and lost a really tight game by just two runs. So, it was especially sweet to go back there and win a close one.

It wasn’t the hottest of days- but the humidity was extremely high – and even the reserves would have lost 2 to 3 kilos of fluids running towels, drinks and instruction to the boys on the field. The hallmark of a team in sync is how well the players outside support the team in the middle. Shakib – one of the brightest stars in world cricket – would have probably never sat out a match in his life. But his attitude and team spirit is amazing. To see him arm in arm with Sunil Narine, giving him tips on sub-continental pitches makes me realize why cricket is such a special game – and why Shakib will one day be remembered as one of the greats of the game.

Everybody is completely exhausted but in fabulous spirits on the way back - and there is the usual good natured grumbling on the room numbers allotted as we drive to the hotel from Kolkata airport. Some want to stay on the same floor as friends – others are superstitious about the number – and another group just want to cause mayhem. I watch the fun and let the harried hotel staff handle it.

Vijay and a group comprising Rajat, Bisla, Das and Sangwan had a great excursion this morning to Dakhineshwar temple. Some of the international cricketers – Kallis, Tendo and Morgan will be teeing off this afternoon – while a few will be at work shooting a commercial. For once, most have a day off – and given the schedule – they really deserve the break

MohammedC
May 2, 2012, 01:38 PM
But Joy dada we need to see Shakib in the middle making opposition Batsman's life a havoc

Dilscoop
May 2, 2012, 03:56 PM
@ Oron, that wasn't very convenient. You just made my head all dizzy.

*clicks the actual link*

[EDIT]

Uhh you are a genius. Mr. Obvious over there.

Wasted couple of min of my life...

oronnya
May 2, 2012, 05:03 PM
@ Oron, that wasn't very convenient. You just made my head all dizzy.

*clicks the actual link*

[EDIT]

Uhh you are a genius. Mr. Obvious over there.

Wasted couple of min of my life...

ok, you have the link to read it without feeling dizzy :)

by the way my name is Oronnya not Oron :)

Dilscoop
May 2, 2012, 05:59 PM
Do you honestly expect me to write out the whole thing? No one calls Zunaid- Zunaid, or ZeeshanM- ZeeshanM. Oron is short and cute, get used to it! :)

IDK why some people get so anal about their names, in general. At the beginning of every new sem. some blonde chick has to spend about 15 min to get her name across. "No it's like Brittany with a H in the middle and the end"... NO BODY CARES!

/Rant

oronnya
May 2, 2012, 09:56 PM
Do you honestly expect me to write out the whole thing? No one calls Zunaid- Zunaid, or ZeeshanM- ZeeshanM. Oron is short and cute, get used to it! :)

IDK why some people get so anal about their names, in general. At the beginning of every new sem. some blonde chick has to spend about 15 min to get her name across. "No it's like Brittany with a H in the middle and the end"... NO BODY CARES!

/Rant

Of course I don't expect anything from anyone in this forum as I don't know anyone here.. But all I expect is if I prefer to write my name properly then people would show respect to that.. As far as I know everyone calls Zunaid bhai as Zunaid bhai.. No one calls him Zun. For Zeeshan I know some people call him Zee but it seems like they know Zeeshan for a long time..

Anyways I wouldn't have made a fuss about my name if you weren't so fussy about how we should post here or what avatar we should use or how the captions should be written.. You have to understand not everyone here has a high taste or good knowledge of everything like you.. Of course you have all the right to express your opinion.. But when you say "NO BODY CARES" that implies on you as well.. If you don't care then no one else will care for your opinion..

Ok mine is not a rant :).. I just wanted to explain my point.. Hope you would understand..

Peace Out :) (copying Peaceman bhai's sig here)

Dilscoop
May 2, 2012, 10:06 PM
Okay Oron :). Understood.

oronnya
May 2, 2012, 10:09 PM
Okay Oron :). Understood.

Thank you :)

Ok, now you can call me Oron :)

zinatf
May 3, 2012, 12:02 PM
We'll be seeing TamSha on 5th......but in the DUG-OUT!

Ki bhabsilam IPL-er age...ar ki hobe :(

Night_wolf
May 3, 2012, 01:23 PM
We'll be seeing TamSha on 5th......but in the DUG-OUT!

Ki bhabsilam IPL-er age...ar ki hobe :(

apnar sathe ami 2 taka baji rakhlam j 5 tarik amra mathe tamsha dakhbo!!

Naimul_Hd
May 3, 2012, 08:03 PM
Tamim has better chance to play in Kolkata against KKR. PW badly need a specialist inform top order batsman, and tamim is their answer. Shakib too should come into team in place of McCullum. But knowing KKR management, they may keep shakib in dug out this time too.

mar umpire
May 3, 2012, 09:14 PM
^^ I'm not surprised that he's a very supportive team mate. (Very nice words by Mr. Bhattacharya btw!) As a professional sportsman and a former national captain, I think he realizes better than any of us fans how important team combinations on the field are and how important team chemistry is in general.

Dushtu loker mishti kotha

Actions speak louder than words.

Joy "Bhat- chorai khao" aka Boy George continues his excellent PR routines
WOnder how much SHakib likes this *&*((*&(

I'm not going to pander to this imbecile- Hope KKR lose all their matches and Shakib isn't played

WHere's that Essex contract? Shakib should wait around a bit, take the cash and go to the UK once county season starts

zinatf
May 3, 2012, 11:20 PM
http://eprothomalo.com/contents/2012/2012_05_04/content_zoom/2012_05_04_22_0_b.jpg

Naimul_Hd
May 4, 2012, 12:03 AM
Dushtu loker mishti kotha

mishti kothaye ar chira bhijbe na ! Ei lok ta boroi chalak. FB, blog e shakib er proshongsha korte korte mukhe fena tule felaye, kintu khelar shomoy thiki ashol roop dekhaye.

zinatf
May 4, 2012, 12:08 AM
^Dekhen jekhane Shakib nijei bujhtesena take keno khelano hochchena...tahole amra ei je IPL shuru howar theke etokichu bole ashchi....ar jai hok...eishob banano kichu na....amra emotional bhokto hote pari....kintu bojhar karoi baki nai...je rajniti je bhaloi khela hochche...KKR ba Pune jei dol-i hok na keno....amar to Gambhir/Ganguly-r proti ghenna dhore gese....

MSM B2C
May 4, 2012, 02:33 AM

it will be very difficult to break the crack the narine code due to his action. His action is very simple but get the ball to turn both ways. very impressed with this guy.

Maysun
May 4, 2012, 02:56 AM
KKR's insistence on McCullum is the same with Bangladesh & Ashraful albeit at a much, much smaller scale, hoping to click soon. Even if they feel Shakib is not good enough to be in the starting XI, I can't understand why they won't try out Morgan for a game or two. And moreover, Bisla, their WK, had 2-3 consecutive good games with the bat.

Just shows KKR management has no balls to be innovative. They are heavy reliant on Gambhir who's doing the bulk of their run scoring. Disaster coming up soon?

ahnaf
May 4, 2012, 03:40 AM
it will be very difficult to break the crack the narine code due to his action. His action is very simple but get the ball to turn both ways. very impressed with this guy.

mendis action wasnot complex.. Btw.. Im not impressed with him yet.. Time will tell how much good he is actually..

mar umpire
May 4, 2012, 04:06 AM
mishti kothaye ar chira bhijbe na ! Ei lok ta boroi chalak. FB, blog e shakib er proshongsha korte korte mukhe fena tule felaye, kintu khelar shomoy thiki ashol roop dekhaye.

Lol well said, loved the imagery

I'm not that impressed with narine-he bowled well against punjab but other than that he's been a "One wicket pony" in the other matches. Add to that when his novelty factor wears off and he faces a guy with a big reach like KP, he'll struggle. Punjab hung back against him which is why they couldn't smother the turn.

Anyway watching KKR or Pune lose is now deeply satisfying

Maysun
May 4, 2012, 04:50 AM
Well KKR has been kind enough to put Shakib wallpapers for download on their site, Get it. KKR (http://kkr.in/downloads.aspx)

tiger_army
May 4, 2012, 07:09 AM
Lol well said, loved the imagery

I'm not that impressed with narine-he bowled well against punjab but other than that he's been a "One wicket pony" in the other matches. Add to that when his novelty factor wears off and he faces a guy with a big reach like KP, he'll struggle. Punjab hung back against him which is why they couldn't smother the turn.

Anyway watching KKR or Pune lose is now deeply satisfying

The Grape is sour..lol

mar umpire
May 4, 2012, 08:30 PM
The Grape is sour..lol

That's your take-all the grapes I've had have been sweet:)
From my experience playing and watching, I think Narine will struggle against guys who use their feet or have a big reach. Other than that 5 wicket haul if you saw narine got the other wickets most were either in the last over where the batsmen are simply going crazy with no regard for their wicket

Mendis was a far more talented bowler than narine and even he faded out. Fact is from a spinners point of view at a professional level variations in flight and pace are far more important in getng wickets than massively turning googlies and whatnot

ahnaf
May 4, 2012, 10:28 PM
From my experience playing and watching, I think Narine will struggle against guys who use their feet or have a big reach. Other than that 5 wicket haul if you saw narine got the other wickets most were either in the last over where the batsmen are simply going crazy with no regard for their wicket

Mendis was a far more talented bowler than narine and even he faded out. Fact is from a spinners point of view at a professional level variations in flight and pace are far more important in getng wickets than massively turning googlies and whatnot

well said..:-)

Ajfar
May 5, 2012, 01:09 AM

In T20 its far more important to keep runs in check than get wickets. His economy rate is up there in the top 3 I think, Malinga is up there. He picks up wickets in the end because Gambhir saves him for the end because so far he has done an awesome job of keeping it tight. So it sense for the captain to save him for the end. Offcourse players go for slogs at the end, thats the number 1 reason every bowler picks up wicket at the end not just narine. Sure only time will tell wheather he is a one hit wonder or not but at least for now give him some credit.

I love Narine bowling action, there's just something about it that makes it nice to watch

mar umpire
May 5, 2012, 04:36 AM
In T20 its far more important to keep runs in check than get wickets. His economy rate is up there in the top 3 I think, Malinga is up there. He picks up wickets in the end because Gambhir saves him for the end because so far he has done an awesome job of keeping it tight. So it sense for the captain to save him for the end. Offcourse players go for slogs at the end, thats the number 1 reason every bowler picks up wicket at the end not just narine. Sure only time will tell wheather he is a one hit wonder or not but at least for now give him some credit.

I love Narine bowling action, there's just something about it that makes it nice to watch

A bowler who takes wickets is vital in t20 cricket-the impact a wicket has with a new batsman coming in, taking a bit of time to get set as well the overall loss of momentum is often overlooked.

In fact many teams have started slow but with wickets in hand have been able to surge at the end-White and Sangakkara's partnership comes to mind, whereas in most IPL matches most teams who have lost 3 or 4 quick wickets have had to slow down and had not posted large totals.

Cricket is a game played in partnerships, not just batting but also bowling. Breaking partnerships are crucial and even a guy like ganguly who took the wicket of KP in the DD match, had he been slightly more expensive it would have been acceptable as had KP faced 30 more balls he would have only accelerated and in the long term a 30 bal 70 is more damaging than a 7 ball 20 (usually)

Narine undeoubtedly has a good economy rate and in t20 cricket like you said that is a valuabale asset but if that is the case he isn't really that much more special than any other bowler. I would rather have a guy who gives away 30 runs off 4 overs but takes a couple of wickets-of players who if set could potentially score another 50 or so off the last 3 overs off other bowlers. So from a personal point of view I watch a bowlers economy rate sure-but if that bowler isn't much of a partnership breaker then my respect diminishes significantly.

I think in a couple of years' time Narine will get tonked-but at this moment in time I think batsman are more scared of his media hyped "enigma" more than his actual ability. I'd like to see more batsman take up the attack to him and use their feet rather than hang back in their crease.Punjab that day were woeful tehnically, neither forward nor back, just playing from the crease combined with Narine bowling extremely well that day (credit's due where it's due). I was hoping D Hussey would face more of Narine- unfortunately our Shakib got to bowl more to him.

TIme will tell as you said

kalpurush
May 5, 2012, 04:49 AM
Remember Pathan?
He took 9 wickets in one innings against Bangladesh A, got selected in the India team, and two years later struggled to be in the squad...

Remember the dream start of Mendis?

T20 is not the standard to measure cricketing talent, let Narine play Test and ODI and then see...

zinatf
May 5, 2012, 05:21 AM
I hope we'll see Tam-Sha in the dug-out :D

ki he nekre.....aro asha rakho naki :-p

Night_wolf
May 5, 2012, 05:55 AM
I hope we'll see Tam-Sha in the dug-out :D

ki he nekre.....aro asha rakho naki :-p

http://images.zaazu.com/img/male22-male-cry-tears-smiley-emoticon-000064-large.gif

simon
May 5, 2012, 07:24 AM
Remember Pathan?
He took 9 wickets in one innings against Bangladesh A, got selected in the India team, and two years later struggled to be in the squad...

Remember the dream start of Mendis?

T20 is not the standard to measure cricketing talent, let Narine play Test and ODI and then see...

bhery rightly said

mar umpire
May 5, 2012, 07:45 AM
love the sig

mar umpire
May 5, 2012, 07:45 AM
There goes Robin

tiger_army
May 5, 2012, 11:34 AM
Once again narine was brilliant today, Even gangu who one of the best spin player who always use his feat, couldnt read him..at one point KKR was in a loosing position, but Narine brought them back...with this bowling line up KKR can take the title. So looks like Shak wont get any more games..unless kkr give Narine some rest...:(

oronnya
May 5, 2012, 11:54 AM
Once again narine was brilliant today, Even gangu who one of the best spin player who always use his feat, couldnt read him..at one point KKR was in a loosing position, but Narine brought them back...with this bowling line up KKR can take the title. So looks like Shak wont get any more games..unless kkr give Narine some rest...:(

Ok Narine is the best thing for them .. but what about Cullum and Kallis.. Shakib won`t get any game not because Narine is doing well but they just don`t want Shakib to play.. Gambhir prefers his deadweight players like Cullum, Kallis, YP over Shakib..

zinatf
May 5, 2012, 12:05 PM
Ok Narine is the best thing for them .. but what about Cullum and Kallis.. Shakib won`t get any game not because Narine is doing well but they just don`t want Shakib to play.. Gambhir prefers his deadweight players like Cullum, Kallis, YP over Shakib..

:lol: :up:

dolcevita
May 5, 2012, 01:38 PM
shakib has been awful with the bat in T20: last year in FPT20 he was miserable with the bat...and this year he get 3 opportunities but never clic on(his 16 against rajasthan was edgy )+kkr already has 2 spinners ( narine abdullah )
atleast shakib is getting some rest

ahnaf
May 6, 2012, 04:08 AM
shakib has been awful with the bat in T20: last year in FPT20 he was miserable with the bat...and this year he get 3 opportunities but never clic on(his 16 against rajasthan was edgy )+kkr already has 2 spinners ( narine abdullah )
atleast shakib is getting some rest

oh really?? His 6 and 4 was edgy?

ahnaf
May 6, 2012, 04:10 AM

yeah..narine was good but if you still consider 40 year old gangu as the best player of spin i dont know what should i say..

MohammedC
May 7, 2012, 08:12 AM
I think Shakib will play today as KKR will rest Narine. Because they don't want Warner and Sehwag used to him before both team meet again in semi-final.
Just a prediction.

zinatf
May 7, 2012, 08:13 AM
^^match-er shomoii dekha jabe :)

riankhan
May 7, 2012, 08:25 AM
I think Shakib will play today as KKR will rest Narine. Because they don't want Warner and Sehwag used to him before both team meet again in semi-final.
Just a prediction.

I don't think KKR is into that comfort zone yet. They have to confirm any of the first two slots first.

Meanwhile, I am eagerly waiting to see how Shewag and co handle Narine :)

Maysun
May 7, 2012, 08:26 AM
I think otherwise, they will stick to Narine and try to stop Sehwag and cut down the lead at the top of the table, No Shakib. My prediction.

patriot
May 7, 2012, 08:40 AM
Narine isnt as dangerous as he is made to look. I would see how he fares against the likes of De Villiers , Sehwag , Dhoni etc .

He is no doubt a better version of Mendis but will be 'decoded' in the coming days.

Is it only me or does a KKR loss (without shakib) makes you as happy as a Bangladesh win ?

MohammedC
May 7, 2012, 08:45 AM
^^match-er shomoii dekha jabe :)

Ei doroner Prediction tho matcher shomoy korle hobe na. Aghe korthe hoy.

MohammedC
May 7, 2012, 08:49 AM
Shakib to play today: MoC

Shakib not to play: fantasy master riankhan, maysun,zinatf

zinatf
May 7, 2012, 08:54 AM
Will not play!!

zinatf
May 7, 2012, 08:55 AM
Narine isnt as dangerous as he is made to look. I would see how he fares against the likes of De Villiers , Sehwag , Dhoni etc .

He is no doubt a better version of Mendis but will be 'decoded' in the coming days.

Is it only me or does a KKR loss (without shakib) makes you as happy as a Bangladesh win ?

It's everyone :)

zinatf
May 7, 2012, 09:19 AM
https://twitter.com/#!/KKRiders/status/199501865870827524Shakib NOT playing

Dilscoop
May 7, 2012, 09:24 AM
MMWs: David Warning to score a 100. Ty.

Equinox
May 7, 2012, 09:25 AM

It's only you and zinatf apparently. None of the results in this mickey-mouse tournament compares to a Bangladesh win.

zsayeed
May 7, 2012, 09:53 AM
And Kallis takes care of Sehwag. No need for Narine to be handled.

riankhan
May 7, 2012, 09:57 AM
Shakib to play today: MoC

Shakib not to play: fantasy master Riankhan, Maysun,Zinatf (RMZ)

Score update:
RMZ (World 11) 1 - MoC (England) 0

playmaker
May 7, 2012, 10:31 AM

Patriot bhai amra khushi hoi but BD win-er shonge compare koratar kono mane nai

BD jitle amra shirt khule nachi, chilachilli kori, hattali di, bondhure phone kori, status mari

KKR harle amader kieba asha jai

BTW, ON TOPIC: I think Sunil Narine is resp. for sakib's exclusion. If narine wasnt there I cud gurantee sakib wouldve played at least 10-12 matches. Sakib took 6 wickets and at a RR of less than 6 which is excellent. If he played all the matches he wudve gotten 20 wickets by now, same cudve been told about sakib last year.

He fell in the wrong team without a question, not because of the competition but because the team management hardly shows any respect to Sakib. A guy that crowns the no. 1 spot in both tests and ODIs with hardly much contention and in sublime form as shown in Asia Cup and you prefer to keep him sitting in the dugout?

Sakib did well and he should be given the respect he deserves, nowadays ive seen him getting a lot of attention by the media. This shows that the cricket world finally accepts that he is a class act. Wether he peforms in IPL or not, he is still a World Class player in the jersey that really matters. At the end of the day, performing agains mediocre players here and there doesnt really show the class of a player

MohammedC
May 7, 2012, 10:45 AM
https://twitter.com/#!/KKRiders/status/199501865870827524Shakib NOT playing

I loose

oronnya
May 7, 2012, 10:45 AM
Patriot bhai amra khushi hoi but BD win-er shonge compare koratar kono mane nai

BD jitle amra shirt khule nachi, chilachilli kori, hattali di, bondhure phone kori, status mari

KKR harle amader kieba asha jai

BTW, ON TOPIC: I think Sunil Narine is resp. for sakib's exclusion. If narine wasnt there I cud gurantee sakib wouldve played at least 10-12 matches. Sakib took 6 wickets and at a RR of less than 6 which is excellent. If he played all the matches he wudve gotten 20 wickets by now, same cudve been told about sakib last year.

He fell in the wrong team without a question, not because of the competition but because the team management hardly shows any respect to Sakib. A guy that crowns the no. 1 spot in both tests and ODIs with hardly much contention and in sublime form as shown in Asia Cup and you prefer to keep him sitting in the dugout?

Sakib did well and he should be given the respect he deserves, nowadays ive seen him getting a lot of attention by the media. This shows that the cricket world finally accepts that he is a class act. Wether he peforms in IPL or not, he is still a World Class player in the jersey that really matters. At the end of the day, performing agains mediocre players here and there doesnt really show the class of a player

Exactly !!! I really don't care about IPL and their selection but the fact that they are not showing any respect to Shakib is bothering me..Look how they treat YP.. o jodi Indian or kinba shada chamrar keo hoto or proshongsha korte korte fataye felto management r commentator ra..Look how they treat jadeja..Anyways amader BD der nijer naam nijekei orjon korte hobe.. ekjon dujon shudhu #1 hole hobe na.. puro team ke #1 hote hobe..

Ajfar
May 7, 2012, 10:48 AM

Yes yes as if the quality of every spinner in the world is determined after he faces De Viliers, Shewag, Dhoni etc. Had it been a BD spinner instead of Narine and if someone said what you just said that person would have been labeled as a BD hater. Why is it so hard for people to give credit to Narine just because shakib is not playing for KKR. It's not Narine's fault, is it?

Shakib jodi Narine re credit dite pare, amader dite khoti ki?

oronnya
May 7, 2012, 10:52 AM
Yes yes as if the quality of a spinner is determined after he faced De Viliers, Shewag, Dhoni etc. Had it been a BD spinner instead of Narine I can bet my life if someone said what you just said that person would have been labeled as a BD hater. Why is it so hard for people to give credit to Narine just because shakib is not playing for KKR. It's not Narine's fault, is it?

True, I do think Narine is pretty awesome.. The batsmen does look pretty clueless as they don't know which way it's going.. Shakib is a fine spinner but not as lethal as Narine..

Ajfar
May 7, 2012, 11:05 AM
^ I don't know about lethal but I think for now Narine is very good at containing batsmans. This helps other bowlers pick up wickets because players decide to play him out carefully and attack other bowlers and maybe edge one up in the air.

Maysun
May 7, 2012, 11:18 AM
One wonders why wasn't Narine picked up for the WI test squad against Australia!

Ajfar
May 7, 2012, 11:24 AM
One wonders why wasn't Narine picked up for the WI test squad against Australia!

narine opted out thats why he didn't get selected. I think he made a really bad decision, selectors might think WI is not his number 1 priority

oronnya
May 7, 2012, 11:31 AM

Narine wanted to play IPL !!

AsifTheManRahman
May 7, 2012, 11:37 AM
narine opted out thats why he didn't get selected. I think he made a really bad decision, selectors might think WI is not his number 1 priority
Maybe it isn't and there's nothing wrong with that. He could become a freelancer like Gayle or Flintoff if he's good enough. To each his own right?

AsifTheManRahman
May 7, 2012, 11:49 AM
I think it's pretty immature and pathetic the way people have been reacting to Shakib and Tamim being left out. KKR and Pune are free to pick who they please and if they don't think either of them fits into their playing combinations, then so be it. There's really no sense in trying to go smell conspiracy in everything or accuse the captain of racism. These are simply ridiculous accusations.

The truth is, these teams are getting what they would have out of these two players from other guys. Not getting picked for your IPL XI doesn't mean anything as far as your abilities are concerned. It doesn't belittle Tamim or Shakib at all, but all this whining from the fans does.

I look at KKR and I see a struggling team finally getting on their feet under new leadership after a couple of seasons of failure. Narine has been a great addition and Gambhir has led from the front/with the bat. Some of the local batsmen (e.g. Das) have been good. There is still a lot more work to do and they probably still haven't figured out their best combination, but they have done extremely well considering their past in this tournament; not to mention the way they have bounced back after a couple of initial hiccups this year.

So for a team that is almost topping the table, they seem to be getting most things right and the management will only do what they feel is best for the team.

Maysun
May 7, 2012, 12:32 PM
Rejection is a part of life, and everyone has got to learn to deal with it. And I'm sure Shakib/Tamim are fine with sitting out, maybe a bit frustrated but they should learn from the experience.

zinatf
May 7, 2012, 12:34 PM
Rejection is a part of life, and everyone has got to learn to deal with it. And I'm sure Shakib/Tamim are fine with sitting out, maybe a bit frustrated but they should learn from the experience.

:up: plus, they are getting paid while warming the bench...there's no harm in it ;)

playmaker
May 7, 2012, 12:40 PM
funny how people talk about the payment and paid vacation. I dont think these money will do anything to our cricket but more for the interest of the players

What we would really want is that our players get into action, thats why I was so keen on the players like mushy, mash, nasir, tam-sha to play in Big Bash. And mind you, the cricket quality in BBL is much better. IPL is just a tournament for comercialization. I mean seriously, karbon kamaal catch? Even mor hideos, DLF maximum. Citi moment of success? Srsly what are these. In BBL every player that plays are quality players and even the non intl players are way better than the locals in the IPL.

The reason why the fans have been reacted like this is because simply of the lack of cricket. Our fans want the boys to be in action. As we have no intl matches we want to see tamim and shakib in IPL as a replacement, and as the saying goes, Duder shaad ghole metano, is perfect for this situation. If there was some intl cricket going on then we wudnt mind to much

Dilscoop
May 7, 2012, 01:29 PM
High note: Shakib now plays for the number one Indian Premier League team. #komplishment

simon
May 7, 2012, 02:54 PM
True, I do think Narine is pretty awesome.. The batsmen does look pretty clueless as they don't know which way it's going.. Shakib is a fine spinner but not as lethal as Narine..

how can u say that?
SAkib needs to play as many matches as Narayon to prove your statement either right or wrong.
Who knows how lethal Sakib could hv been if he had that many opportunities and that much support as Narayon got?
Although Narayon has been really good but do remember that he is still a new product, once his techniques get exposed who knows what will happen to him,may be he will become Mendis 2 or he will carry on successfully (that I wish).
Me as a cric fan I rely on those who improve their game match by match & become from average to top class rather than players like Ash,Mendis.

oronnya
May 7, 2012, 06:15 PM
how can u say that?
SAkib needs to play as many matches as Narayon to prove your statement either right or wrong.
Who knows how lethal Sakib could hv been if he had that many opportunities and that much support as Narayon got?
Although Narayon has been really good but do remember that he is still a new product, once his techniques get exposed who knows what will happen to him,may be he will become Mendis 2 or he will carry on successfully (that I wish).
Me as a cric fan I rely on those who improve their game match by match & become from average to top class rather than players like Ash,Mendis.

I'm not talking about IPL only actually.. Narine looks pretty promising.. ok I'm not a cricket bodhha but what I understand is Narine turns the ball both ways which makes it hard for the batsmen to pick..not everyone is Mendis /Ashraful.. look a Murali.. Narine could reach that height.. Shakib's action is pretty straightforward it's his accuracy and the wise mix of flight and variation which gives him wickets..And what bothers me more is in recent times Shakib's bowling is not going that well.. Razzak did better than him in both BPL and Asia Cup..

mar umpire
May 10, 2012, 01:54 AM
For those comparing Narine with Mendis, you're doing a good job of insulting Mendis. Narine other than that 5 wicket haul has done nothing of note. Mendis performed in all forms not just two IPl games but if that's the yardstick then t20 internationals are also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PpLGpdwC9w

I think people have forgotten how talented and successful Mendis was-Narine has been hyped massively and for someone as talented as mendis to go "missing" won't be too surprised if DOuble G's soulmate Narine follows the same route

As it is the vitriol should largely be directed at DOuble G unit not Narine-personally like WI players

mar umpire
May 10, 2012, 01:55 AM
Here's his debut on a flat track unlike the spin havens of kolkata
Obviously against more technically correct bastmen than some of the clowns and has beens of the IPL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOBTWLhTSZA&feature=related

mar umpire
May 10, 2012, 02:01 AM
It would appear "Ganguly the spin playing merchant being in the dark against Narine" being a case for Narine's excellence-is quite weak. Mendis did betteragainst players who were still playing. I rate Ganguly as the weakest player of spin out of the fab four-laxman is probably the best though under-rated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYehlgqpMSA&feature=related
The final of the asia cup-you'll notice Mendis had far more variation not only in making it go both ways but also in flight and varying his pace

And for those bagging mashrafe and saying he failed etc etc-we mentioned before Lee has gone for 24+ runs many times in an over as has many other players.

Here's another example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdwswou3k7U&feature=related

SOme of us are ready to jump onto our players' backs as soon as they stuff up as though we've been waiting all along-even if Tamim had failed in a solitary match that would in no way be an argument against him playing as others have failed far more badly

playmaker
May 10, 2012, 05:20 AM
Mendis was better no doubt. But the question is how long can narine survive? He will get decoded, then it will be upto him to improve his line and length and such

Guys like swann, sakib, ajmal and vettori shud be guys too look at

mar umpire
May 10, 2012, 05:55 AM
On a lighter note i think shakib needs to perfect the scoop based on "The shortest SIX" video on youtube

ahnaf
May 10, 2012, 08:39 AM
^great analysis mar umpire bhai :)

Ajfar
May 10, 2012, 10:12 AM
Mar Umpire the comparison is not about how talented mendis/narine is or how succesful they were at the beginning of their career. Mendis was the last so called 'mistery' spinner to make a lot of noise and than batsmans figured him out. So when people are comparing him to mendis they are talking about will he be another 'mendis'. As in how long will it be before batsmans figure him out and he loses his so called 'mystery'.

Dilscoop
May 10, 2012, 10:19 AM
Shakib's IPL monitor thread.

mar umpire
May 10, 2012, 08:05 PM
@ Ajfar, yeah I get what you're saying-I agree with you that Narine is doing well currently and in t20 econ rate is important. I just think he's not as good as everyone's been saying and think the media has hyped him substantially.

I totally respect the different views here but I genuinely think shakib has been pretty hard done by-was of the opinion KKR were ready to select other players and for Shakib they were ready to drop him-Shakib did not have one bad match. That was the mentality of KKR

Sorry for harping on guys. I'll get back to topic

Tiger444
May 10, 2012, 10:08 PM
@ Ajfar, yeah I get what you're saying-I agree with you that Narine is doing well currently and in t20 econ rate is important. I just think he's not as good as everyone's been saying and think the media has hyped him substantially.

I totally respect the different views here but I genuinely think shakib has been pretty hard done by-was of the opinion KKR were ready to select other players and for Shakib they were ready to drop him-Shakib did not have one bad match. That was the mentality of KKR

Sorry for harping on guys. I'll get back to topic

Of course he was hard done by. The #1 allrounder not being able to be picked even is pretty ridiculous regardless of how well they're doing. KKR's team is pretty stacked so it's not surprising. It would be a good thing if KKR trades Shakib to another team who need him so he can get more chances.

Abid_Khan
May 12, 2012, 05:07 AM
Shakib in according to the cricinfo headline

playmaker
May 12, 2012, 05:08 AM
Yup, sakib is in!!

Only because of kalam's injury though :p

rubel_18
May 12, 2012, 05:08 AM
Yep Shakib in today

Maysun
May 12, 2012, 05:10 AM
Shakib in as McCullum has to sit out. Outperform Narine & Gambhir, Moina!

kalpurush
May 12, 2012, 05:18 AM
Outperform Narine & Gambhir, Moina!
That's how he could make sure of getting some more matches I guess.
Hope he does well today. :)

kalpurush
May 12, 2012, 05:23 AM
Yup, sakib is in!!

Woot! Woot!!
Playmaker is a happy I see!!! :)

kalpurush
May 12, 2012, 05:25 AM
Pitch, as expected at the Eden Gardens, has no grass on it and spinners are expected to come good here - CI

Ice Man - time to deliver.

kalpurush
May 12, 2012, 05:37 AM
A good start from Shakib al Hasan. Many believe that he should be in the starting 11 of KKR whether or not there is a fitness issue for someone else - CI

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-p...ch/548363.html (http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2012/engine/current/match/548363.html)

ahnaf
May 12, 2012, 05:43 AM
Shak baby! Take that KKR..

TigerEz
yeeesssss shakib got tendulkar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

patriot
Superman takes Tendulkars Wicket . Come on Shakib.

Purbasha T
May 12, 2012, 05:53 AM
The first thing I see turning the TV on is Shakib getting ready to bowl his first ball. A ripper it was to dismiss Tendu.

Grrrrr.. .Shakib going for a few in his 3rd over!

mar umpire
May 12, 2012, 07:09 AM
Narine-more expensive, didn't bowl in the powerplay
Gibbs was already picking him and this was gibbs' first match against him
If people start going after Narine he will get tonked-media hype no more
Shakib's variation in flight-classic example to get tendulkar

simon
May 12, 2012, 07:21 AM
missed Sak's bowling, :(
so he got the best bwlng figures. :)
Take Zat KKR,GG,SRK

zinatf
May 12, 2012, 07:51 AM
mwah!!! Moi so happy!!! Ahh what a birthday gift for me from my favourite cricketer :D

mar umpire
May 12, 2012, 07:53 AM
Are you Keiron Pollard?

zinatf
May 12, 2012, 08:19 AM
Dude!! Can't I have my birthday on the same day as him :rolleyes:

mar umpire
May 12, 2012, 08:33 AM
Only joking lol

mar umpire
May 12, 2012, 08:39 AM
Brett Lee after his performances could need a bit of therapy

Brett Lee strikes a new musical note
Posted by Carlyle Laurie 4 days, 3 hours ago in Offbeat

Australia fast bowler Brett Lee, better known for dishing out chin music on the green, is now focusing on music of a different kind; music therapy. Lee launched India’s first Music Therapy Academy in Delhi to train Indian musicians to bring children as well as grown-ups affected by trauma, illness or cognitive challenges into the national mainstream.

“Music is widely undervalued as a powerful tool to help people overcome trauma, deal with disabilities, express themselves and respond to treatment when suffering from physical and psychological ailments,” Lee said. “It is my hope to see many more of these academies established across India to train musicians to use their talent to transform lives of those less privileged.”

Lee said that music has helped him cope with several personal crises which included a divorce in 2008. “I turned to music during professional problems, during the personal crisis that I endured a few years ago. Music provided relief after a bad day in cricket and everything else. Music therapy has been brilliant for me," he said.

oronnya
May 12, 2012, 10:20 AM
Shakib khelchhe ajkle?????????????????? noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ... :( :( I missed it

simon
May 12, 2012, 10:23 AM
Shakib khelchhe ajkle?????????????????? noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ... :( :( I missed it

ahhare,u missed his hat-trick & the 4 sixes he smashed in an over to take KKR to a nail bitting victoire.

playmaker
May 12, 2012, 10:27 AM
ordinary performance, just 1 wicket with 6.75 run economy and not a single run scored of his bat!

This is poor from a test player! Oh wait, its T20, or test? If its not test why was kallis and yusuf playing for draw?

oronnya
May 12, 2012, 10:28 AM
ahhare,u missed his hat-trick & the 4 sixes he smashed in an over to take KKR to a nail bitting victoire.

dhur mia moja niyen na:-P... tobe apnara jebhabe likhsen je he had the best bowling figure , ami bhablam na jani ki kore felchhe.. cricinfo khule dekhi nise matro 1ta wicket r bat o kore nai :(.. on tom of that they lost.. Shakib er kopaltai kharap.. ei chhele free rider shubidha pai na.. ajke jite gele Shakib rest of the matchgulo khelto... :(

simon
May 12, 2012, 10:41 AM
dhur mia moja niyen na:-P... tobe apnara jebhabe likhsen je he had the best bowling figure , ami bhablam na jani ki kore felchhe.. cricinfo khule dekhi nise matro 1ta wicket r bat o kore nai :(.. on tom of that they lost.. Shakib er kopaltai kharap.. ei chhele free rider shubidha pai na.. ajke jite gele Shakib rest of the matchgulo khelto... :(

ho,kochu khelaito,eder bishshash korina,Sak 3 ta wckt nileo khelaito na. :-P

oronnya
May 12, 2012, 11:58 AM
ho,kochu khelaito,eder bishshash korina,Sak 3 ta wckt nileo khelaito na. :-P

Hasa kotha :(

zinatf
May 12, 2012, 11:59 AM
Tendulkar's dismissal by Shakib!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04sO-6FQ5tA&feature=bf_next&list=PL605DD866667CACBB

Maysun
May 14, 2012, 04:08 AM
From ESPNCricinfo game preview

Players to watch
In a forgettable game with the ball for Knight Riders against Mumbai Indians, Shakib Al Hasan was the lone wicket-taker and finished with the best economy rate - 6.75 - off his four overs. Shakib returned after nearly a month on the bench and enhanced his reputation by bowling 12 dot balls.

zinatf
May 14, 2012, 04:22 AM
Doubt Shakib will play today....considering Balaji's injured and Lee might not play.....chances of De Lange and McCullum's inclusion's are higher....

mar umpire
May 14, 2012, 02:57 PM
De Langta )thanks Nightwolf) outdid his previous best of 36 off 3 with 37 off 3-Citi moment of success
I'm sure de Langta feels very exposed at the moment (quite literally)

Night_wolf
May 18, 2012, 12:25 AM
as of 18th may 2012 Shakib and narine both played 12 matches in the ipl

shakib took 19 wickets and narine took 21

shakib's SR is 14 and Narine's is 13.4

shakibs eco is 6.53 and narine's is 5.25

Narine played all his 12 matches in the trot and had his captain's backing, Shakib had to wait for his chances and played those 12 matches across 2 seasons

Shakib faced the wrath of Chris Gayle once when gayle scored one of his 3 ipl hundreds, Narine still hasn't bowled to gayle

Razi
May 18, 2012, 03:39 AM
at of 18th may 2012 Shakib and narine both played 12 matches in th ipl

Narine played all his 12 matches in the trot and had his captain's backing, Shakib had to wait for his chances and played those 12 matches across 2 seasons

Shakib faced the wrath of Chris Gayle once when gayle scored one of his 3 ipl hundreds, Narine still hasn't bowled to gayle

Add to that the numerous umpiring blunders and sloppy fielding also affected his stats dearly.

Maysun
May 18, 2012, 03:41 AM
Hard to believe Shakib has just played 12 matches in his IPL career :smh:

Well, beats Mashrafe, Razzak, Ashraful & Tamim by a mile though..

mar umpire
May 18, 2012, 04:03 AM
Add to that the fact he has bowled in the PP overs i think like 4 times out of the 12 matches

zinatf
May 18, 2012, 04:18 AM
Hard to believe Shakib has just played 12 matches in his IPL career :smh:

Well, beats Mashrafe, Razzak, Ashraful & Tamim by a mile though..

But has taken 19 wickets

BEAT THAT!!

MohammedC
May 18, 2012, 04:23 AM
Only negative thing I can say about Shakib is, his batting. That's where he lost it.

zinatf
May 18, 2012, 04:26 AM
^bepar na....ei bollywood glamorous league-e o ja kortese tai ++....national duty-te bhinno kotha!

Night_wolf
May 18, 2012, 04:30 AM
^bepar na....ei bollywood glamorous league-e o ja kortese tai ++....national duty-te bhinno kotha!

tsk tsk:smh: why pleased with so little

zinatf
May 18, 2012, 04:32 AM
Nekre! Who gives rat's a$$ to this Bollywoodi crap!
Nothing's less....it's their good luck to get Shakib. Period.

Night_wolf
May 18, 2012, 04:45 AM
Nekre! Who gives rat's a$$ to this Bollywoodi crap!
Nothing's less....it's their good luck to get Shakib. Period.

actually a great player performs everywhere!..even inside a rats a$$!

saying this is bollywood and skipping past shakib's performance wont help shakib

zinatf
May 18, 2012, 04:50 AM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............

Maysun
May 18, 2012, 05:57 AM
actually a great player performs everywhere!..even inside a rats a$$!

saying this is bollywood and skipping past shakib's performance wont help shakib

Second that! It's not like the IPL begged him, he put his name up for auction, he wanted to be a part of it.

oronnya
May 18, 2012, 10:02 AM
Yeah I was looking at Shakib's stat yesterday and it is indeed impressive.. If you only look at this year's stat it has been outstanding with good economy and average !!! He should've been selected for his bowling alone.. would've done wayyy better than Lee !!!

About batting- yes I am extremely disappointed .. He is a brand name in the world cricket and he should maintain that minimum standard for himself wherever he plays.. Yes, Cullum, Kallis, YP didn't do anything better either despite having their captain's backing.. Still people expect much more from him than others as he is holding the title of the "best all rounder"!!! Very disappointing performance..

riankhan
May 18, 2012, 10:38 AM
as of 18th may 2012 Shakib and narine both played 12 matches in the ipl

Good analysis bro. Still, Narine has some match winning performances for KKR, where Shak is more like a consistent bowler.

oronnya
May 18, 2012, 10:48 AM
Good analysis bro. Still, Narine has some match winning performances for KKR, where Shak is more like a consistent bowler.

Narine is a special talent !! He is new and the batsmen hasn't figured him out yet .. Soo he has that added advantage.. Shakib being an orthodox bowler and being in the industry long enough for batsmen to get used to his bowling doesn't have that luxury of Narine.. He have to really work hard for his wicket and he is doing that..His level of consistency, great eco rate and average tells you what an awesome bowler he is... Mashallah !!

roman
May 18, 2012, 11:01 AM
I find it funny that when IPL5 started many of us were calling Narine an ordinary bowler. (I know the reason and I love Shakib too) Very quick to judge others is not a good quality to have.

zsayeed
May 18, 2012, 11:28 AM
I like that. :)

oronnya
May 18, 2012, 11:48 AM
I find it funny that when IPL5 started many of us were calling Narine an ordinary bowler. (I know the reason and I love Shakib too) Very quick to judge others is not a good quality to have.

Even now many are not ready to accept that !! Shakib is very good but not extraordinary !!! Narine, Ajmal, Swann all are far better spinners than him.. But to his credit he is doing an awesome job within his limitation :clap:..

mufi_02
May 18, 2012, 01:23 PM
Even now many are not ready to accept that !! Shakib is very good but not extraordinary !!! Narine, Ajmal, Swann all are far better spinners than him.. But to his credit he is doing an awesome job within his limitation :clap:..

I slightly disagree. Ajmal and Swann are better spinners than Shakib but I can't say the same about Narine based on a season of t20 and that too in low slow pitch of India. Shakib so far performed more or less in all the foreign conditions across all formats.

Maysun
May 18, 2012, 02:01 PM

I slightly disagree. Ajmal and Swann are better spinners than Shakib but I can't say the same about Narine based on a season of t20 and that too in low slow pitch of India. Shakib so far performed more or less in all the foreign conditions across all formats.

:up::up:

Razi
May 18, 2012, 02:02 PM
Narine is a special talent !! He is new and the batsmen hasn't figured him out yet .. Soo he has that added advantage.. Shakib being an orthodox bowler and being in the industry long enough for batsmen to get used to his bowling doesn't have that luxury of Narine.. He have to really work hard for his wicket and he is doing that..His level of consistency, great eco rate and average tells you what an awesome bowler he is... Mashallah !!

Ditto, these two are totally of two different kinds, so no use comparing them. Compare Shak with any other orthodox spinner in IPL and I'm sure he's got far better stats.

zsayeed
May 18, 2012, 02:23 PM

Shakib has played 63 ODIs at home taking 91 wickets at 1.44 wickets/game
63 ODIs away taking 69 wickets at 1.10 wickets per game.

Exactly the same happens with Subcon and non-subcon separation:
SC: 1.36 wickets/game and Non-SC: 1.12 wickets /game

That should be true for all spinners. Is it not?

simon
May 18, 2012, 04:44 PM

it's very unfair to Sak or to put Narayon in the same lg as Ajmol ,Swann.
Narayon needs to play atleast ten-fifteen tests and twenty odis to prove wether he is better than Sak or not.
IPeeL is nothing compared to tests and odis.
IPeeL stars like Robindro jadeja,Murli Vijay and even Rohit Sharma struggled in international level.
besides some one here mentioned that Sak playing same number of matches took twenty wckts and Narayon got 21.
So Sak far behind than Narayon is something I can not agree at all.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

mar umpire
May 18, 2012, 07:07 PM
It's funny people are simply throwing up a few stats and then saying-look compare Narine to Shak, compare Swanny to narine etc etc

SHak "doing well within his limitation"? What does that imply

Let's have a look at when Shak comes on to bowl-when BD plays, our useless fast bowlers for the most part do nothing, shak comes on with 2 set batsmen with loads of wickets in hand and he is the one who has to carry the load-trust me as a spinner it's alot easier coming in with new batsmen at the crease.

2ndly-how many tests have bangladesh pushed to the 5th day with a target to defend? How many times has shakib been able to bowl on a 4th innings wearing pitch?

How many times even in an ODI has shakib had a decent total to defend after his fast bowlers have made early incisions

SHakib often has to come in as the strike bowler. Add to that we do not have a specialist first slip fielder(the closest we had was Junaid)-take into account the catches dropped, then you start getting a clearer picture

Mushy isn't exactly a world class gloveman either

Being "objective" isn't achieved by going against your countryman but rather taking all the factors into account

mar umpire
May 18, 2012, 07:09 PM

With all due respect I strongly disagree with that comment

You're comparing IPL-especially where shakib as a spinner bowled with the new ball on at least four occasions before the pitch had even broken up-and he has still matched Narine-across two seasons and with a broken run

I'd go as far as to say shak is as good as ajmal or swanny-ajmal has the variaitons and out of the three ajmal would be slightly better than the other 2 but to say they are far ahead of shak misses the mark I think

Night_wolf
May 18, 2012, 10:04 PM
you guys remember M Gony in the 1st season of IPL?..he was regarded the next best 1st bowler of india after ipl 2008, was given a india cap and played the asia cup 2008, our own alok kapali took him apart and never played for india. recent example is also ashwin,brilliant in ipl 3 and 4, sucks in int cricket.

Narine may not fade like this guys but still he has to prove in tests. saying he belongs in the league of Ajmal and Swann based on IPL is a slap in the face of this two spinners

BengaliPagol
May 18, 2012, 10:55 PM
I'd go as far as to say shak is as good as ajmal or swanny-ajmal has the variaitons and out of the three ajmal would be slightly better than the other 2 but to say they are far ahead of shak misses the mark I think

Shakib is as good as Swann but not as good as Ajmal. Ajmal is a different bowler. His variations are fantastic and can fool a batsmen anytime and anywhere.

Shakib isnt a naturally deceiving bowler like Ajmal or Narine. The arm ball is the ball thats deceiving for batsmen. His round arm action means that his balls are more loopy. Shakib is more economical and is harder to score off then Ajmal but Ajmal can get wickets by pitching the ball anywhere he wants to and is also economical. Shakib sticks to line and length. History shows that with a straight arm action e.g. Narine and Ajmal you will likely be more deceiving and be more of a wicket taker. Shakib is more of an economical bowler then he is at taking wickets. Most of his wickets come from turning the ball, the arm ball, line and length, pressurizing the the batsmen and making the batsmen play false shots due to pressure.

Shakib is a different kind of bowler to Swann and Ajmal. So i wouldnt really compare them together.

And btw Mar Umpire the first bowler who comes onto bowl when the pace bowlers arent doing the job for Bangladesh is Abdur Razzak. Then Shakib.

Night_wolf
May 18, 2012, 11:02 PM
B Lee batted in 3 innings just like shakib, scored more run then shakib at a SR of 210 and hit 4 sixs...shakib:facepalm:

BengaliPagol
May 18, 2012, 11:05 PM
If KKR wanted to they could put Shakib in the team as a specialist spinner not an allrounder. But i would hate to see Shakib come into bat at no. 9.

Night_wolf
May 18, 2012, 11:09 PM
If KKR wanted to they could put Shakib in the team as a specialist spinner not an allrounder. But i would hate to see Shakib come into bat at no. 9.

Shakib has the tag of one of the best int all rounders of present day cricket. He cant play as a bowler only even if he or kkr wants to..He has a reputation to defend

ahnaf
May 18, 2012, 11:14 PM
Im really surprised.. We always talked about how underrated shakib is actually and here our own fans are rating highly a new bowler (who yet to play 20+ odi and a single test) only based on some t20 performance ahead of shakib??
With all respect, I think before blaming+bashing people like jadeja we should look to ourself first..
And for comparing with ajmal and swann, In odi i'll pick shakib ahead of ajmal and swann... But for test ajmal,swann will get the node first.. These three are in the same league.. They are performing constantly for the last two years.. You wont find too much difference between them..and Its foolish to compare with their bowling action and variation as every person is unique..

mar umpire
May 19, 2012, 12:41 AM
Shakib is as good as Swann but not as good as Ajmal. Ajmal is a different bowler. His variations are fantastic and can fool a batsmen anytime and anywhere.

Shakib isnt a naturally deceiving bowler like Ajmal or Narine. The arm ball is the ball thats deceiving for batsmen. His round arm action means that his balls are more loopy. Shakib is more economical and is harder to score off then Ajmal but Ajmal can get wickets by pitching the ball anywhere he wants to and is also economical. Shakib sticks to line and length. History shows that with a straight arm action e.g. Narine and Ajmal you will likely be more deceiving and be more of a wicket taker. Shakib is more of an economical bowler then he is at taking wickets. Most of his wickets come from turning the ball, the arm ball, line and length, pressurizing the the batsmen and making the batsmen play false shots due to pressure.

Shakib is a different kind of bowler to Swann and Ajmal. So i wouldnt really compare them together.

And btw Mar Umpire the first bowler who comes onto bowl when the pace bowlers arent doing the job for Bangladesh is Abdur Razzak. Then Shakib.

I was referring to the IPL new ball bowling in this post Bengali Pagol-but yeah Razzak does the new ball honours for BD

Also I was arguing along a different line to what has been said before-regarding the situation shakib comes in, the state of the pitch when he usually bowls, and the lack of support from our other bowlers
Bowling also occurs in partnerships and the pressure created by one bowler can help another in getting wickets etc-shak doesn't get that

And I think ahnaf has summed it up for me

Shakib turns the ball quite a lot-don't listen to the commies, most of them are clowns and are sponsored by DLF (which is a cement company-completely appropriate for Brick-heads)

BengaliPagol
May 19, 2012, 12:50 AM
I was referring to the IPL new ball bowling in this post Bengali Pagol-but yeah Razzak does the new ball honours for BD

Shakib turns the ball quite a lot-don't listen to the commies, most of them are clowns and are sponsored by DLF (which is a cement company-completely appropriate for Brick-heads)

Oh you were talking about Shakib in the IPL. My bad.

Shakib doesnt always turn the ball. But when he does its good to watch. He can turn the ball but he doesnt always.

Night_wolf
May 19, 2012, 01:06 PM
Some all time IPL stats for you guys after Shakib's todays performance

Shakib now has the best SR(13.8) among IPL bowlers who have 20 wickets or more in IPL,Narine in 2nd with 13.9

Shakib now has the 5th best eco among bowlers in ipl

shakib has the 2nd best avg(14.71) among bowlers..2nd only to narine(11.91)

zinatf
May 19, 2012, 01:12 PM

Shakib now has the best SR(13.8) among IPL bowlers who have 20 wickets or more in IPL,Narine in 2nd with 13.9

How I wish he played all 3 final matches and make these statistics even better :waiting:

Razi
May 19, 2012, 01:33 PM

I think the average is not correct cause they showed his average 13 when he came in to bowl against Mumbai, so with three wickets after that it shouldn't be that high!

fush_montor
May 19, 2012, 02:13 PM
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/ipl-2012/Top-performers-of-Indian-Premier-League/articleshow/13054324.cms
just look at the 2nd spot on bowlers list!

Maysun
May 19, 2012, 02:47 PM
Congrats Shakib on your great performance! :notworthy: