PDA

View Full Version : Shakib - IPL monitor thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

shakibrulz
April 13, 2011, 11:28 AM
So he's gonna join KKR soon as per Gambhir. I'm not that confident since he's been toiling without a break and has hit a rough patch (though they are usually short spanned).

Go Shak! :up:

munnabhai
April 13, 2011, 11:30 AM
I have a feeling he will fail miserably. He is not a good T20 player, if he plays against Royals, Watson will finish his IPL career in one over.

Yasin.
April 13, 2011, 11:33 AM
Will be tough to get into the team. They already have Iqbal Abdullah and Yusuf Pathan -- both who bat and are spin bowlers. But if given a chance and he can win them a match or two, then it will lead into something big, InshAllah.

shakibrulz
April 13, 2011, 11:36 AM
I have a feeling he will fail miserably. He is not a good T20 player, if he plays against Royals, Watson will finish his IPL career in one over.

On the contrary, he's an excellent T20 player. He's worth including just for his bowling. And he's one of the best improvisers around, could score some quick runs.

cricket_dorshok
April 13, 2011, 11:38 AM
He will shine, MMW.

munnabhai
April 13, 2011, 11:41 AM
On the contrary, he's an excellent T20 player. He's worth including just for his bowling. And he's one of the best improvisers around, could score some quick runs.

I just hope he doesn't disappoint us like Mashrafee, whatever the result I am just happy that he will playing beside Kallis, Gambhir and under Whatmore, a lot to learn and hopefully he will come back a strong cricketer. Inshallah, hope so.

shakibrulz
April 13, 2011, 11:42 AM
Will be tough to get into the team. They already have Iqbal Abdullah and Yusuf Pathan -- both who bat and are spin bowlers. But if given a chance and he can win them a match or two, then it will lead into something big, InshAllah.

We can take a lot of confidence from this game, our attack will only get better when Lee and Shakib come."

Gambhir after 1st match. Pathan is not good enough to bowl full quota, and they might play Shakib as he's a better option than RTD imo.

shakibrulz
April 13, 2011, 11:45 AM
I just hope he doesn't disappoint us like Mashrafee, whatever the result I am just happy that he will playing beside Kallis, Gambhir and under Whatmore, a lot to learn and hopefully he will come back a strong cricketer. Inshallah, hope so.
Yeah agree. Mashrafe was in fact a terrible T20 player and obviously picked to get the support of BD fans. Shakib might infact get an advantage because of that imo. Nevertheless he'll take part in the training regimes etc. which is good anyways :)

dash
April 13, 2011, 12:27 PM
i think he will be a regular to begin with...........

dolcevita
April 13, 2011, 12:47 PM
Shakib gonna rocks , he has to rocks
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

magic boy
April 13, 2011, 12:53 PM
hei Shakibrulz. excellent thread mate. keep it up:up:

syedmahm
April 13, 2011, 01:05 PM
No need to monitor as he'll probably not be in the playing XI.

Neel Here
April 13, 2011, 01:08 PM
he should take a break for couple of days before he starts playing for KKR. he needs to be mentally fresh or else we will have another mash disaster.

mhj007
April 13, 2011, 01:09 PM
hope that he gets chance on the 15th or next match of kkr..

Night_wolf
April 13, 2011, 01:26 PM
regardless of shakib plays or not or what he does he'll be largely benefited by the presence of kallis in the dressing room and the nets..he can learn a lot seeing the best allrounder ever played

Farhan_98
April 13, 2011, 02:10 PM

MunnaBhai are you a Bangladesh Fan Because if You Are You Are Not a Good One And You Always look to dis them players. They Are Better Then You SO U Can Be Quiet :flag:

Night_wolf
April 13, 2011, 02:14 PM
MunnaBhai are you a Bangladesh Fan Because if You Are You Are Not a Good One And You Always look to dis them players. They Are Better Then You SO U Can Be Quiet :flag:

he just want to jinx BD players into good players..his intentions are good!.....either this or he is a very very very confuse guy...changes his tone in seconds

MohammedC
April 13, 2011, 02:26 PM
No need to monitor as he'll probably not be in the playing XI.

I agree with you. But he may get a game or two when KKR will realise they have no chance to win.

Rabz
April 13, 2011, 02:39 PM
Sakib's going to do pretty well in the IPL games.
He is usually at his best when he is challenged and exploring new territories.
The workload during the world cup got too much for him and the IPL would all him the chance to play some carefree cricket in a less tensed environment, surrounded by some really really good cricketers around him who can pick up the pieces if/when he messes up.
The load is off the shoulder.

This series against the Aussies, he wasnt there. His body was, mind wasnt.
A break from all this and going to IPL would be his version of perfect R&R.

I hope he regains from this post world cup hangover soon and makes his presence felt. A good show by Shakib could open doors for few more Bangladeshi players in the future.

munnabhai
April 13, 2011, 02:46 PM
he just want to jinx BD players into good players..his intentions are good!.....either this or he is a very very very confuse guy...changes his tone in seconds

I only tried to jinx Imrul. :)
Change my tone, no not at all.

Dear Farhan,
when they perform they will be applauded and when they don't they will get the usual bashing. My comment was mainly because Kolkota will be playing Rajhastan Royals in a day's time, it's Shakib vs Watson again. I am not biased and don't like sugarcoating, I say it as I see it which many doesn't like it. Just answer one question, who won the Shakib vs Watson battle?

Also, stop picking my only negative comment in this thread and targeting me, read my other comments here.

Cheers

Murad
April 13, 2011, 02:47 PM
He needs to work hard on his game with Kallis and co. He is not the best ODI allrounder anymore.

incredible
April 13, 2011, 02:52 PM
I am confused why you guys are negative by saying he wont get a game...

KKR said they planned this years team and specially spin department based on Shakib and the rest of the bowlers bowling with him....

just google KKR and Shakib...and see how many news there are about Lee and Shakib joining them...

Let's hope he does well...

dash
April 13, 2011, 02:53 PM
Lee, Shakib will make us strong: Gambhir

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/ipl-2011/news/Lee-Shakib-will-make-us-strong-Gambhir/articleshow/7967697.cms

revolver
April 13, 2011, 02:55 PM
The four oversea players would be lee, kallis, sakib and morgan/haddin can fight for the last place
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Avik
April 13, 2011, 03:37 PM
he will not smash runs, but his bowling will still be good. with the amount of turn seen in Eden, shakib will actually be an asset there. Kolkata does not have decent spinners in the squad, i reckon if shakib can be consistent, he will be there all the way.

Night_wolf
April 13, 2011, 09:11 PM
Shakib is lacking confidence..since his debut in 2006 u have never seen him this nervous

beshideshi
April 13, 2011, 09:23 PM
KKR lacks a decent quality spinner, so I think Shakib will get games only based on his bowling. His boomboom batting will come at a bonus at #7

Tiger444
April 13, 2011, 10:06 PM
I believe that his bowling will be a lot more of an asset then his batting just like his performances in county cricket. He'll play all the matches I'm sure. I'm excited to see how he does. Hope KKR win it all. Big fan of the other players as well. Gambhir, Morgan, Ten Doeschate, Kallis, and Pathan are all class players and I'm a fan of all of them. Tiwary, Abdullah and Unadkat seem to be good young players as well. Good luck to Shakib and KKR!

Night_wolf
April 13, 2011, 10:16 PM
iqbal abdullah who is a left hand spinner just like shak is doing very well..i doubt they'll play two SLA...i think their foreign players will be kallis,morgan,doeschate and lee

amar11432
April 13, 2011, 11:26 PM
Dont think Shakib will play, the 4 that will are Kallis, Morgan, Lee and Hadin.

Tiger444
April 13, 2011, 11:36 PM
Well Shakib does have that added advantage of being an allrounder. So I believe he could play over Morgan.

shakibrulz
April 14, 2011, 12:03 AM
I don't think they would pick Haddin over Shakib. Shakib is overall a better package compared to haddin. He can get quick runs and bowl good tight spells. Besides all that as I said, they would want to attract the viewership from BD.

And Haddin's T20 record isn't mind blowing either.

Ajfar
April 14, 2011, 12:03 AM
Dont think Shakib will play, the 4 that will are Kallis, Morgan, Lee and Hadin.

KKR's backup wicket keeper Bisla has gotten pretty good starts so far, if he can keep that up Haddin win find it hard to find a place in the playing 11, plus his form hasn't been all that great. Morgan and Kallis will play every single match weather they are in form or not, so that leaves the other 2 place open to shakib, lee, haddin and doeschate. KKR doesn't have any good fast bowler in their team so lee will most likely feature in the playing 11 most of the time. Inclusion of shakib will depend on how he does comparing to doeschate and also how well the other KKR spinners doing, mainly Iqbal and Pathan.

Shaan
April 14, 2011, 12:33 AM
good luck Shakib, now show the IPL who is boss !! I'm pretty confident that Shakib will play and he will perform well. Playing IPL and playing against Asutralia as a captain are miles different.

_Rafi_
April 14, 2011, 12:46 AM
At Eden Garden Shakib's batting will be more usefull than TenMan and Haddin. He is more innovative and slow and low tracks need innovation. But again his batting form is a worry.

Baundule
April 14, 2011, 01:20 AM
Shakib's success depends on how he is utilized. I think, he will be used mostly as a bowler and it is not easy to prove his value if he is not allowed to bat in the top order. We have to wait and see.

BASSMAN
April 14, 2011, 04:20 AM
From previous experiences:

1) BD players that were chosen in IPL were over hyped about on the foroum
2) When selected their performace was abysmal
3) Indian teams usually keep BD players as the last option and put them on the bench.

However I hope Shakib can change all that.

Tiger Manc
April 14, 2011, 12:11 PM
What's the news? Is he in India? Is he playing tomorrow? Finally I can watch him live on TV for once. It's live on ITV4 for UK users.

dolcevita
April 14, 2011, 12:23 PM
He just need one game on a turning pitch

Razi
April 14, 2011, 12:45 PM
According to ATN News, Shak is almost certain to play tomorrow. KKR has only taken 5 foreign players to Jaipur and these are the five that went with the team; Kallis, Lee, Shakib, Doeschate and Morgan. They also informed that KKR management confirmed Shak is playing and either of Doeschate or Morgan will play tomorrow.

Rifat_02
April 14, 2011, 01:00 PM
Great! Will be watching the game then. Hoping KKR wins IPL this time
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Ajfar
April 14, 2011, 03:36 PM
I hope you are right Razi. Now I have something to look forward to. Go Shakib!! Go KKR!!

Purbasha T
April 14, 2011, 06:46 PM
According to ATN News, Shak is almost certain to play tomorrow. KKR has only taken 5 foreign players to Jaipur and these are the five that went with the team; Kallis, Lee, Shakib, Doeschate and Morgan. They also informed that KKR management confirmed Shak is playing and either of Doeschate or Morgan will play tomorrow.

:fire: :D

Ajfar
April 14, 2011, 08:21 PM
Like Watson of the Royals, the man who hammered a sparkling ODI century only a few days ago, Lee, too, could not practice as he joined the team late in the evening along with Shakib-al Hasan of Bangladesh.

They are likely to play on Friday. The Aussie imports would definitely be under great pressure as both teams expect them to make the difference.

The Knight Riders management, however, has decided to leave out their other two Aussie recruits — Brad Haddin and James Pattinson — from the current combination. The duo has been asked to stay back in Calcutta.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1110415/jsp/sports/story_13856920.jsp

Both skipper Gautam Gambhir and bowling consultant Wasim Akram have said they were eagerly waiting for Shakib to join the squad, which would mean the left-arm spinner, who is a handy batsman, has a strong chance in the XI.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Bangladesh-tune-in-to-IPL-with-Shakib/Article1-685380.aspx

I think it's safe to say Shakib will be playing in tomorrow's game. I hope he's up for it.

AsifTheManRahman
April 14, 2011, 08:33 PM
Shakib ki korbe lorbe jitbe naki ghumabe palabe harbe? Same Ice Time Same Ice Channel!

Ace of BD
April 14, 2011, 09:28 PM
:doh:Guys....dont know how u'll take this....just had a wonderful dream of Shak taking several wickets to snatch victory for KKR.....looked really real, till i woke up :doh:

Neel Here
April 14, 2011, 11:12 PM
bhorer swapno sotyi hoy ! :D

Avik
April 14, 2011, 11:58 PM
shakib er bowling bhalo holei chinta nai. he is not a t20 hitter, so bowling is the one i want to see.

stuge
April 15, 2011, 12:28 AM
Gambhir will be stupid if he selects Shakib in his team .

Avik
April 15, 2011, 12:55 AM
let him play first, and then see who is stupid for playing/not playing.

stuge
April 15, 2011, 12:57 AM
let him play first, and then see who is stupid for playing/not playing.

Common ,he is going through his worst form of his life and you want him to play in a team which has better reserves than shakib .

Night_wolf
April 15, 2011, 01:55 AM

sadly i agree...kkr atm will not be benifited by this off from shakib..IMO kkr line up should be this

1.Kallis
2.bisla
3.gamvir
4.goeschate
5.tiwari
6.morgan
7.pathan(position change acoroding situation of the match)
8.bhatia
9.lee
10.Abdullah
11.undkat/balaji

but then again undkat and balaji isn't doing that bad...it will not hurt kkr if they pick shakib instead of lee

crikss
April 15, 2011, 04:21 AM
lee will always play for KKR....Shakib have to compete with Tendos for the position..But I think today Shak might play

mar umpire
April 15, 2011, 04:32 AM
Shakib ki korbe lorbe jitbe naki ghumabe palabe harbe? Same Ice Time Same Ice Channel!

Lol
I'm not sure (but I do hope) shakib will be selected-they may take watson into consideration. What makes shakib's inclusion tougher may be the fact KKR already have a perfroming spinner in abdullah
I don't like or trust Shah rukh khan.

mar umpire
April 15, 2011, 04:43 AM
I am confused why you guys are negative by saying he wont get a game...

KKR said they planned this years team and specially spin department based on Shakib and the rest of the bowlers bowling with him....

just google KKR and Shakib...and see how many news there are about Lee and Shakib joining them...

Let's hope he does well...

So do I.

I think some of the negativity may be coming from some of SRK's comments previously regarding Mashrafe and then Mashrafe didn't play until much much later. Mashrafe played bad that game but I don't think had he been given 3-4 matches he wouldn't have done as bad as Henriques overall

I dislike SRK almost as much as some of the actual Kolkata guys for the exclusion of the third highest run scorer in the IPL last year-Ganguly. Gavasker in his column was highly critical of his exclusion as well and although Kallis is a great allrounder, his strike rate is not than much better than Ganguly's so Ganguly being a slow player didn't really buy with me

Naimul_Hd
April 15, 2011, 04:56 AM
Kolkata welcomed Brett Lee, Brad Haddin and Shakib Al Hasan into their squad. They played only three overseas players in their previous game, so Brett Lee will come in. Shakib will perhaps replaces Ryan ten Doeschate as well.

CI (http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2011/engine/current/match/501209.html)

:)

MohammedC
April 15, 2011, 04:57 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Od5yLvm4Tuo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yasin.
April 15, 2011, 04:59 AM
Kallis is an all rounder. Fitness levels are also better than that of Gangs. Also he hasnt been out of touch with cricket.

Hope Shak gets to play and performs, InshAllah.

cricgenius
April 15, 2011, 05:05 AM
yahoo...shakib is playing knew gauti would take him...niceeeeeeeee

Nadim
April 15, 2011, 05:07 AM
Yup! Shakib in:D

MohammedC
April 15, 2011, 05:12 AM
KKR will bowl first. Come on Shak get few wickets

Naimul_Hd
April 15, 2011, 05:16 AM
Everybody is praising Shakib. I really hope he delivers and meets expectations. Allah Vorosha !!! :flag::flag::flag:

Naimul_Hd
April 15, 2011, 05:18 AM
Shaun Tait has indian GF. Hmm. :)

Nadim
April 15, 2011, 05:19 AM
Shaun Tait has indian GF. Hmm. :)

really??

Huda
April 15, 2011, 05:21 AM
really??

Yes

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/cricket/shaun-tait-lands-a-model-girlfriend/story-e6frfg8o-1226017437668

Naimul_Hd
April 15, 2011, 05:21 AM
^ yes. Thats what he said in Extraa Innings. He met her during last IPL. Wondering, Shakib may also get his GF in this IPL session, who knows ? :)

magic boy
April 15, 2011, 05:47 AM
shakib is playing today?

cricgenius
April 15, 2011, 05:52 AM
shakibbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb u RRRRRRRRRRRRRRockkkkkkkkkkkk

6alltheway
April 15, 2011, 05:52 AM
3rd ball wicket for Shakib!! Woo HOOOo

Naimul_Hd
April 15, 2011, 05:53 AM
Shakibbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb !!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

ahnaf
April 15, 2011, 05:54 AM
Shakib baby!:)

magic boy
April 15, 2011, 05:57 AM
very clever and very skillful shakib al hasan

firstlane
April 15, 2011, 06:35 AM
Watson thinks he is playing against BD

firstlane
April 15, 2011, 06:52 AM
Sweet revenge Shakib

ahnaf
April 15, 2011, 06:55 AM
Lol Watto..

cricgenius
April 15, 2011, 06:58 AM
kije moja lagtese..i was very nervous watching watson hitting 2 66666

Night_wolf
April 15, 2011, 07:45 AM
http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/131700/131770.jpg

Night_wolf
April 15, 2011, 07:49 AM
There was a mini-contest too on show: Shakib Al Hasan, Bangladesh's captain, who saw Watson wreck their side only few days back was entrusted with the task of bowling at him. Shakib himself had only gone for 26 runs off 20 deliveries to Watson on that day and so, it wasn't expected to be a one-sided contest. Watson heaved Shakib for a straight six in the 14th over and slog-swept him over wide midwicket for another six in the 17th over. Shakib slowed up the pace on the next delivery, kept the trajectory flat, and Watson was bowled as he missed another attempted slog sweep

from cricinfo

Navo
April 15, 2011, 07:54 AM
Shakib usually has memorable wicket-taking celebrations because he's sometimes really expressive like when he took Nathan McCullum's wicket during the NZ series or really stony-faced like he was after that great ball to dismiss Bell in the Test series against England in England. But I think the celebration to dismiss Watson might top all of that, since he's just been smashed about by him at home and as he's toppled him from the top of the ODI Allrounder rankings. Someone's been watching WWF!

Night_wolf
April 15, 2011, 08:04 AM
Shakib usually has memorable wicket-taking celebrations because he's sometimes really expressive like when he took Nathan McCullum's wicket during the NZ series or really stony-faced like he was after that great ball to dismiss Bell in the Test series against England in England. But I think the celebration to dismiss Watson might top all of that, since he's just been smashed about by him at home and as he's toppled him from the top of the ODI Allrounder rankings. Someone's been watching WWF!

now its WWE:)

magic boy
April 15, 2011, 08:16 AM
I missed that SHakib's reaction. any video clip available? plz share

AsifTheManRahman
April 15, 2011, 08:17 AM
I'm sure there will be plenty of highlights. I wanna see too. :)
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

amar11432
April 15, 2011, 08:24 AM
I think Shakib will start in playing XI from now on. Gambir trusts him with the bowling.

Navo
April 15, 2011, 08:28 AM
My bad night_wolf, WWE. My knowledge of professional wrestling is pitiful lol. I'm sure the cricket highlights will be available here in a few hours: http://www.criconline.tv/

Neel Here
April 15, 2011, 08:29 AM
I'm sure there will be plenty of highlights. I wanna see too. :)
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1) me too !

Akib
April 15, 2011, 08:33 AM
Good job SAKIB! Got a lil bit of revenge there.

Yasin.
April 15, 2011, 08:38 AM

Any links for those who missed? :saint:

Shehwar
April 15, 2011, 08:52 AM
Good start by Bossman! That was fun to watch. Finally an IPL match that I actually followed and cared about.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Avik
April 15, 2011, 08:55 AM
i thought shakib would bowl well, and he did decent. got watson out, and that was a big thing indeed!

Tiger Manc
April 15, 2011, 09:00 AM
doesn't youtube show ipl highlights? don't they have their own channel?

Habib
April 15, 2011, 09:07 AM
I got to say, one thing shakib is very good at is taking revenge.

Neel Here
April 15, 2011, 09:30 AM
doesn't youtube show ipl highlights? don't they have their own channel?

here it is !! (the caption is wrong, it's not MI vs KTK)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcexY-M6HeI
check it around 8:35 jiyo pagla ! :notworthy:

they show the match live too, well at 3-4 minutes delay.

Neel Here
April 15, 2011, 09:35 AM

http://drjimsthinkingshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/haha1.jpg :smug:

amar11432
April 15, 2011, 09:58 AM
Shakib going kung fu on Watson

http://i54.tinypic.com/idgebs.jpg

lamisa
April 15, 2011, 10:22 AM
yaaaay shakib!!!i dont like u much but i always love it when u perform. u got the key wicket for kkr today.now be a good boy and learn some positive stuff from ipl and dont go crazy over the parties and fashion shows and what not...

al-Sagar
April 15, 2011, 10:42 AM

watson tried ..... but today Shakib Bowled him ...............

SS
April 15, 2011, 10:57 AM
Shakib got 2 wkts today...

22Yards
April 15, 2011, 11:02 AM
I hope he really makes an impact on IPL this season
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

auntu
April 15, 2011, 02:00 PM
Great Shakib!
Shines at IPL too.

Tiger444
April 15, 2011, 02:05 PM
What a performance by Shakib! Very proud of him. Now he should be in the lineup for a while now. Also it should give him confidence playing with such a strong team. Let's hope he keeps this up!

auntu
April 15, 2011, 02:09 PM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/131700/131753.jpg
Shakib Al Hasan struck with his first over in the IPL, Rajasthan Royals v Kolkata Knight Riders, IPL 2011, Jaipur, April 15, 2011

One World
April 15, 2011, 03:58 PM
Video clip koi??

F6_Turbo
April 15, 2011, 04:09 PM
Not sure about his post wicket celebration...only caught the end, where it looked like he was motioning ala throat slitting :lol:

Not bad, 2 wickets in his 1st match...wish him luck. Don't actually watch the IPL that much.

abz..+
April 15, 2011, 04:45 PM
The four oversea players would be lee, kallis, sakib and morgan/haddin can fight for the last place
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

spot on good guess :applause:

abz..+
April 15, 2011, 04:47 PM
good bowling shaks keep it up

Neel Here
April 15, 2011, 05:03 PM
Video clip koi??

err, look up and check my post.

AsifTheManRahman
April 15, 2011, 05:38 PM
Slitting his throat?

Sakib
April 15, 2011, 05:58 PM
lmao shak's gesture was pure gold!

Maysun
April 15, 2011, 06:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/indiatimes the official channel for IPL streaming on youtube. you can check out the H/L's of the whole of RR vs KKR match!

bd fan
April 15, 2011, 06:18 PM
Shakib bowled well today in Kolkata's win over Rajasthan.

He picked up the wicket of Shane Watson :

16.4 to Watson, bowled him! For once the slog sweep fails Watson. He wanted to hit another six but missed the ball. Shakib had turned it past the bat and hit the stumps

He also picked up the wicket of Paunikar:

4.3 to Paunikar, caught at short third man. Paunikar charged and attempted to smash Shakib over midwicket. The pace was slower and he was hitting against the turn. The outside edge landed in Kallis' hands

He ended up with figures of 2 for 31 runs in 4 overs

http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/131700/131770.jpg

http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/131700/131753.jpg

mar umpire
April 15, 2011, 06:41 PM
The indian commentators were more appreciative of shakib than doull or wessels-don't think they realised the importance of watson's wicket-had watson continued in the last 3 overs RR may have scored another 25 runs at least I reckon and that would have made the chase very different

AhmedN
April 15, 2011, 07:21 PM
good performance on this very first day...

firstlane
April 15, 2011, 08:33 PM
No one is talking about the turn Shakib was able to get with that ball which was missing from his bowling recently.

Neel Here
April 15, 2011, 08:49 PM
kkr post match press meet.
reporter : watson has thrashed BD bowlers in the recently concluded ODI series. weren't you afraid to give the ball to shakib when watson was batting ?
gambhir : (rather aggressively) I wanted shakib to get his revenge.
(from today's anadabazar patrika )

:D

cricgenius
April 15, 2011, 10:36 PM
kkr post match press meet.
reporter : watson has thrashed BD bowlers in the recently concluded ODI series. weren't you afraid to give the ball to shakib when watson was batting ?
gambhir : (rather aggressively) I wanted shakib to get his revenge.
(from today's anadabazar patrika )

:D

Gauty great batsman ..great human being too !!

Razi
April 16, 2011, 12:57 AM
Q: On whether he was wary bowling Shakib Al Hasan given Watson’s exploits in Bangladesh

Gambhir: Never. I think Shakib is a very confident young man. You will go for runs, especially in a format like this. But world class spinners like him know how to come back and Shakib did just that. He had his revenge by dismissing [Shane] Watson. In fact, I always wanted him to bowl against Watson. And he can be very proud of his performance against him today. (Source (http://www.iplt20.com/news_detail.php?id=1793))

dolcevita
April 16, 2011, 01:05 AM
Always know he is gonna perform
he is different of others bd player

Razi
April 16, 2011, 01:06 AM
http://www.eprothomalo.com/contents/2011/2011_04_16/content_zoom/2011_04_16_23_0_b.jpg

kalpurush
April 16, 2011, 03:05 AM
Hei, I am :notworthy: , mate!

Sakib
April 16, 2011, 03:34 AM
randomly found this on going discussion on shak's performance and thought might as well share it here:
http://www.planetcricket.net/forums/cricket-discussion/would-shakib-al-hasan-make-team-other-than-bangladesh-73419.html

check out the responses by the lankan dude. hilarious!

Neel Here
April 16, 2011, 03:40 AM
you should go and practice for tomorrow's match and not waste time netsurfing !

Shaan
April 16, 2011, 03:50 AM
i love the posture he posed after dismissed watson, it seems lile saying to watson" beshi bar barsilo tor, ebar dekh tore khaisi, ami holam tor jom" :)
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

zainab
April 16, 2011, 06:09 AM
When I saw him yesterday, he looked a really confident bowler, hope he improves and take many wickets, he did not have a chance to bat. I guess Sakib will be busy for the IPL, then he goes to England to play county cricket. By the time, they go to Zim, he will be back in top form.

Nadim
April 16, 2011, 06:37 AM
Its not over yet...

Kolkata playing Rajstan again tomorrow at Eden Garden...another Shak vs Watto:)

lamisa
April 16, 2011, 10:27 AM
y doesn't shakib smile much nowadays?

lamisa
April 16, 2011, 10:28 AM
don't party much shakib!!! best of luck for ur next match

Night_wolf
April 16, 2011, 11:00 AM
randomly found this on going discussion on shak's performance and thought might as well share it here:
http://www.planetcricket.net/forums/cricket-discussion/would-shakib-al-hasan-make-team-other-than-bangladesh-73419.html

check out the responses by the lankan dude. hilarious!

ha ha...that guy is retard
i just wish i could have being a bangladeshi so that i could also get in to the national team with my first class record

just lol!

AsifTheManRahman
April 16, 2011, 11:34 AM
When I saw him yesterday, he looked a really confident bowler, hope he improves and take many wickets, he did not have a chance to bat. I guess Sakib will be busy for the IPL, then he goes to England to play county cricket. By the time, they go to Zim, he will be back in top form.
And in the meantime, the other idiots will sit at home eating mommy's home cooked biryani and inflate their guts.

Neel Here
April 16, 2011, 12:08 PM
that lankan dude is supposedly a first class cricketer with 70 FC matches under his belt !!

Rifat_02
April 16, 2011, 01:26 PM
Is it really the player or some fan using the name & claiming its him. He doesnt sound like a 30 year old FC cricketer

munnabhai
April 16, 2011, 02:22 PM
I was nervous: Shakib

Jaipur, April 15: Shakib Al Hasan made his IPL debut turning out for Kolkata Knight Riders against Rajasthan Royals at Jaipur. And he announced his arrival in style, registering figures 2/31 in his four overs. He got Shane Watson, who recently smacked Bangladesh all over the park during Australia’s 3-0 ODI victory.

Talking exclusively to www.iplt20.com, the Bangladeshi all-rounder shared his experience of playing with the international stars and the sweet taste of revenge after getting rid of Watson.

This was your first IPL game. How was the experience?

It’s good to be with this team. All the players are very friendly. I was a bit nervous ahead of my first game but now, since we’ve won the game, I’m enjoying my time with them.

How is it sharing the dressing room with the players you’ve only played against?

It is a great experience for me to play with great players like [Jacques] Kallis and [Gautam] Gambhir. It is a big thing for me and I look forward to learning a lot from them. I was really excited at the thought of sharing the same space with class players like them.

First game, two wickets, not a bad start at all.

I thought I bowled alright. I can get better and I’ll try to bowl better in the forthcoming games. I was a bit nervous at the beginning and probably that affected my bowling a bit. However, this performance will boost my confidence for the coming games.

Were Shane Watson’s recent exploits in the ODI series weighing on your mind while bowling to him?

Yes, he was batting very well. But I was confident because the wicket was very good and I knew that if I put the ball in the right areas, it will not be easy to hit.

You had the last laugh by getting his wicket…

Yes, I was very happy to get his wicket. He smashed us all over the park in Bangladesh and so, it was very nice to get him out. I was confident bowling against him.

How was the track?

It was a bit slow but the ball was coming on nicely. So, it was a very good T20 wicket. It helped the spinners more than the fast bowlers.

http://www.iplt20.com/news_detail.php?id=1802&category=news

Sakib
April 16, 2011, 06:13 PM
Is it really the player or some fan using the name & claiming its him. He doesnt sound like a 30 year old FC cricketer
and according to this player/fan/joker, wikipedia is a better source of cricket statistics compared to cricinfo and shakib cannot be regarded as a top class allrounder only because he was not born in a top tier test nation. fabulous.

crikss
April 16, 2011, 07:45 PM
According to that lanka dude Shakib can't get chance in Sri Lankan team...so players like Kapu, Randiv are better than Shak..

shakibrulz
April 16, 2011, 11:40 PM
Was out of station for a couple of days so missed my boys debut. Go Shakibuley! Not a terrible debut at all.

shakibrulz
April 16, 2011, 11:41 PM
According to that lanka dude Shakib can't get chance in Sri Lankan team...so players like Kapu, Randiv are better than Shak..
Shakib will whoop Thisara perara/Crapugadera's arse hands down.. Randiv I'll reserve my opinion on him atm, but overall Shakib is a better package without a shread of doubt.

Avik
April 17, 2011, 12:12 AM
shakib did a "undertaker" impression.

iceman indeed.

Avik
April 17, 2011, 12:42 AM
man that planetcricket topic was fun to read. that sri lankan guy got a good a## whopping.

Neel Here
April 17, 2011, 12:44 AM
as for the lankan dude, I agree with most of the other posters there that shak will walk into any top team in the world except perhaps SA (because they have a balanced side) and the sub-continent ones (because they already have enough spinners and spinning all rounders)

shakibrulz
April 17, 2011, 01:05 AM
I'd say Shak would walk into SA too, I'm sure he's far better than Botha/Harris/Peterson just as a spinner. Plus he'll add lot more depth to their batting.

Neel Here
April 17, 2011, 01:20 AM
possibly, I am sure about the rest, SA, Ind, Sl and pak are debatable but still possible.

Yasin.
April 17, 2011, 09:24 AM
He might get into Indian repolacing Harbhajan. Might. Evan harby is a good bat these days. Will definitely get into the Pakistan side. Bowling wise he is almost as good as Ajmal/Rehman. And batting wise, there is no comparision really. Fielding wise, he can easily be Pakistans best fielder [if he was a Pakistani]. Will also get into the SA side, as some one has mentioned he is better than Botha and Peterson. Though Botha might give him a tough run when on form.

paindu
April 17, 2011, 10:09 AM
Don't think he has done enough at test level to prove his calibre. Would love to see him bowling in more test matches in less conducive conditions in England, NZ, Aus, SA or even India and SL for that matter. I don't think Bangladesh have as yet played a test in India. That is biggest test for a spinner. But he certainly will be a good pick T20 and maybe as second spinner in ODIs.

Shehwar
April 17, 2011, 10:12 AM
Run out courtesy Shakib!

Nadim
April 17, 2011, 10:20 AM
Don't think he has done enough at test level to prove his calibre. Would love to see him bowling in more test matches in less conducive conditions in England, NZ, Aus, SA or even India and SL for that matter. I don't think Bangladesh have as yet played a test in India. That is biggest test for a spinner. But he certainly will be a good pick T20 and maybe as second spinner in ODIs.

5er against SA @ OUTsurance Oval, Bloemfontein
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/350345.html

6fer against SA @ Centurian
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/350346.html

5er against England @ Manchester
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/426402.html

Sad thing is, he hardly gets enough chance to bowl in the 2nd innings otherwise he stats would have been even better :(

paindu
April 17, 2011, 10:39 AM
True, but couple of fifers does not make him better than top spinners across teh world who have been doing this for years. It also doesn't help when those fifers have come at great cost when opposition has plummeted the bowlers. He is still only 22. He still has lot of time.

lamisa
April 17, 2011, 10:49 AM
shakib on hattrick!

nah, miss ektur jonno :(

shakibrulz
April 17, 2011, 10:50 AM
Shakib my boy, missed a hattrick though. :(
2/21 is pretty good figures anyday. :love:

Nadim
April 17, 2011, 10:50 AM
Another goood bowling performance by Bangla hero:clap:

Murad
April 17, 2011, 10:54 AM
Except the first few balls, he bowled pretty well.

:bravo:

shakibrulz
April 17, 2011, 10:57 AM
True, but couple of fifers does not make him better than top spinners across teh world who have been doing this for years. It also doesn't help when those fifers have come at great cost when opposition has plummeted the bowlers. He is still only 22. He still has lot of time.
Dude, what the? Is it his fault that he plays in a poor team? He's done enough to prove himself as a worldclass spinner. And if I'm not wrong he has been taking 5 fers in every series since he took over as the lead spinner in 08. He's also got 5'fers against every opponents he played against. Whatever limited opportunities he got, he's proved himself. Besides you don't need stats to prove his class anyways, just see how well he bowled in those 5fers.

shafayeen
April 17, 2011, 10:57 AM
Whole eden gardens going "Shakib! Shakib!"......that must have been an amazing feeling

lamisa
April 17, 2011, 10:58 AM
shakibrulz,u forgot to add the run out!

shakibrulz
April 17, 2011, 10:58 AM
Shakib Al Hasan: "There is not much dew, but it is very hot and I was sweating a lot, and was not able to grip the ball properly."

shakibrulz
April 17, 2011, 10:59 AM
shakibrulz,u forgot to add the run out!
Yeah, nearly forgot that. Awesome Shak! :up:

Achilles
April 17, 2011, 11:04 AM
Whole eden gardens going "Shakib! Shakib!"......that must have been an amazing feeling

It is....It is......the feeling is amazing.........was rooting for the only remaining lead Bengali in the team.....Go Sak....:)

Night_wolf
April 17, 2011, 11:08 AM

really?..i missed that...its awesome!

Night_wolf
April 17, 2011, 11:10 AM
It was then the turn of Shakib to leave his imprint on the game. He reacted quickly at midwicket to fire an accurate throw at the striker's end to run out Abhishek Raut. Later, after Balaji had taken out Rahane and Menaria, Shakib took wickets off successive deliveries in the 15th over to hasten the end. Two arm-balls, with varying pace, took out Amit Singh and Shaun Tait for ducks before Brett Lee disarranged Siddharth Trivedi's stumps to give a perfect finish.

from cricinfo

Habib
April 17, 2011, 11:10 AM
It is....It is......the feeling is amazing.........was rooting for the only remaining lead Bengali in the team.....Go Sak....:)

Abdullah is a Bengali too, right?

Neel Here
April 17, 2011, 11:11 AM
nah mumbaiya.

Night_wolf
April 17, 2011, 11:13 AM
so the only Bangali in KKr is shakib?...Laxmi ratan shukla is also bangali but he is not playing

lamisa
April 17, 2011, 11:18 AM
i was getting soo sad that shakin wasn't getting wickets. anyways, econ rate of 5.25 is just superb for t20 standards!go moyna!

Nadim
April 17, 2011, 11:18 AM
so the only Bangali in KKr is shakib?...Laxmi ratan shukla is also bangali but he is not playing

Manoj Twary is a Bengali..some ppl calls him the next dada

One World
April 17, 2011, 11:22 AM
Shakib kintu Whatmore er choa peye arektibar mele dhorlen nijeke.

Achilles
April 17, 2011, 11:23 AM

Hi Nadim....dosen't hurt to know your neighbours.......with a name like Tiwari/Twary..etc......he is most defn not a bengali.......and please don't argue about this........I am an Indian,a Bengali and a Calcuttan. Also a Dhakaiya(by dint of professional stint).....he is a Rajasthani....but born and bred in Cal......

Achilles
April 17, 2011, 11:26 AM
Abdullah is a Bengali too, right?

Nah......oh Mumbaiya.....:) But who cares....all adopted Bangalir bachcha...:)

beshideshi
April 17, 2011, 11:27 AM

He has 5fers against every single team he has played. 5fer against England in Eng, 2 against SA in SA.

There really shouldn't be any doubt whether he is a world class spinner, I think the question is whether he is in the top 3-4

Achilles
April 17, 2011, 11:28 AM

Laxmi........is Bangali.....but I stated "LEAD" Bangali.....and that can only mean Sak...:)

Night_wolf
April 17, 2011, 11:29 AM

Manoj plays for bengal but he is not a bangali...only kolkatar chele(not sure about this though..he can be from other parts of bengal) in that kkr line up is Laxmi ratan shukla...

Neel Here
April 17, 2011, 11:30 AM
tiwary is a UP surname but he is born and brought up in howrah speaking unaccented bangla, which makes him as bangali as they come. if we argue about where we originally come from even Rabindranath's ancestors were from UP. and in the longer run all our ancestors are from africa.

night_wolf, is Rabindranath Tagore bangali or not by your definition ? :D

Night_wolf
April 17, 2011, 11:31 AM
Laxmi........is Bangali.....but I stated "LEAD" Bangali.....and that can only mean Sak...:)

nice word "lead":)...its great to be a bangali:D

Achilles
April 17, 2011, 11:35 AM
nice word "lead":)...its great to be a bangali:D

You betcha...:)....after all captain of the Bangali team....so he is the LEAD Bong......even in India....after Dada..:) Go Sak!:)

One World
April 17, 2011, 11:36 AM
I was talking to this recruiter and when I asked him where are you from, he said Bombay (not Mumbai??!!). So I ask him, which one do you prefer, Bombay or Mumbai. He was reluctant to answer but I think I heard him say Bombay and then something else.

One World
April 17, 2011, 11:37 AM
KKR kintu shei G Gamvir er Gomvir bat - e vor kore nirvaare egie choleche taader ovishto lokkher dike.

Achilles
April 17, 2011, 11:38 AM
I was talking to this recruiter and when I asked him where are you from, he said Bombay (not Mumbai??!!). So I ask him, which one do you prefer, Bombay or Mumbai. He was reluctant to answer but I think I heard him say Bombay and then something else.

Understandable........it's stupid politics.....I still state Bombay and Calcutta....only in Hindi and Bengali do I call them Mumbai and Kolkata...:)

Neel Here
April 17, 2011, 11:40 AM
KKR kintu shei G Gamvir er Gomvir bat - e vor kore nirvaare egie choleche taader ovishto lokkher dike. that sounds like east bengal- mohun bagan football match radio commentary. :D

firstlane
April 17, 2011, 11:48 AM
Are they playing Shakib as a specialist bowler instead of an allrouder? In the cricinfo batting order he is at no.7. His batting would be really useful in this format. His t20 skills will improve further after he plays for Worcestershire this season.

Neel Here
April 17, 2011, 12:07 PM
it's the other way around, his skills will improve after playing IPL.
IPL T20 standards >> county T20.

there is no fixed batting order in this format, like you saw in the other match with irfan pathan coming to bat at no 3 or botha at no 3.

dolcevita
April 17, 2011, 12:08 PM
They are playing shakib as an all-rounder but kkr batting line up is very strong : kallis , ghambir , tiwary , pathan , morgan
that why he comes at number 7...

shakibrulz
April 17, 2011, 12:27 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2UvCFkpp0vU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

shakibrulz
April 17, 2011, 12:28 PM

there is no fixed batting order in this format, like you saw in the other match with irfan pathan coming to bat at no 3 or botha at no 3.
Yeah gotta agree with this. IPL trumps any other T20 including bigbash/county t20.

amar11432
April 17, 2011, 12:32 PM

But there he will get to bat. In kkr i doubt he ever will barring a massive top order failure

Neel Here
April 17, 2011, 12:44 PM
you never know what batting order KKR will use.

Habib
April 17, 2011, 12:51 PM
But there he will get to bat. In kkr i doubt he ever will barring a massive top order failure

Bisla's incompetency might enable Shakib to move up the order.

amar11432
April 17, 2011, 12:52 PM
If shakib performs well like this, he will get laid a lot in the ipl after parties :fire:

Nocturnal
April 17, 2011, 01:13 PM
Good one Shak Boy!
Thanks for sharing the video!

Nocturnal
April 17, 2011, 01:17 PM
that sounds like east bengal- mohun bagan football match radio commentary. :D

when I was a school boy kido ...I used to tune akashbani kolkata for EB-MB match from Dhaka! Funny commentary for sure! :)

I used to be a Big EB fan - because of Late Monem Munna during 90's!

Padosan
April 17, 2011, 02:41 PM
May be no pressure of captaincy and the independence of just being a player is bringing out the best in him. Also the confidence the captain has in him might be a big boost for him, you can see the way he carries himself for KKR. It wont be a bad idea to try and get this form of sakib back for BD, may be get Masrafe back as captain.

Cheers !
Padosan

auntu
April 17, 2011, 03:01 PM
Splendid bowling by Shakib once again.
Shakibrulz thanks for the highlights.

dolcevita
April 17, 2011, 03:24 PM
Indian cricket fan.com died ???

MohammedC
April 17, 2011, 04:13 PM
I did not get the chance to watch the Aussie series live, only a glimpse here and there. Just noticed in one of the highlights, Shakib is no longer using "CA Cricket Bat" in fact his bat did not have any name on it.

Has he got a new bat deal ?

LOL at mo bhai he only found out, We have been talking about it during the aussie series. etc..........dude where have you been etc.

^^^ I know your reaction will be like this.

Avik
April 17, 2011, 04:57 PM
fine performance from iceman!! go Shakib!

AhmedN
April 17, 2011, 07:00 PM
Shakib is not getting any opportunity for batting.

Mates, will it be a negative impact on his ratings?

Zunaid
April 17, 2011, 07:20 PM
Shakib is not getting any opportunity for batting.

Mates, will it be a negative impact on his ratings?

What rating? This is the IPL - private but ICC sanctioned league.

If you are talking about his All-Rounder ranking, that was for ODIs and Tests - ranked #2 and #3 receptively.

Zeeshan
April 18, 2011, 12:21 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2UvCFkpp0vU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cricket_pagol
April 18, 2011, 01:31 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2UvCFkpp0vU" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="640"></iframe>

Thanks fo rthe video, good stuff!

cricket_pagol
April 18, 2011, 01:32 AM
Ko0lkata is definitely looking like tournament favorites!

Habib 420
April 18, 2011, 07:52 AM
Kolkatta Vs Chennie - The Final for 2011 IPL... Most Certain...

4 teams most likely to qualify: Mumbai, Punjab, Chennie, Kolkatta....

* Shakib al Hasan will be leading wicket taker of IPL 2011.... Malinga will Join sri Lanka soon...

No competition for Shakib...

Haru-party
April 18, 2011, 08:06 AM
Kolkatta Vs Chennie - The Final for 2011 IPL... Most Certain...

4 teams most likely to qualify: Mumbai, Punjab, Chennie, Kolkatta....

* Shakib al Hasan will be leading wicket taker of IPL 2011.... Malinga will Join sri Lanka soon...

No competition for Shakib...

punjab is one of the worst teams this year. if they quaalify that will be luck. i think pune has a good chance of finishing at top 4. and its chennai.

dash
April 18, 2011, 05:03 PM
http://www.anandabazar.com/19khela1.htm

an interview of shakib in a kolkata daily..

Purbasha T
April 18, 2011, 05:37 PM
If shakib performs well like this, he will get laid a lot in the ipl after parties :fire:

:smh::facepalm:

Haru-party
April 18, 2011, 07:34 PM
http://www.anandabazar.com/19khela1.htm

an interview of shakib in a kolkata daily..

can u pls copy and paste it. i cant read it. pls pls pls

Night_wolf
April 18, 2011, 08:39 PM

use internet explorer to read it

Haru-party
April 19, 2011, 12:02 AM
use internet explorer to read it

i installed padma addon in firefox

Razi
April 19, 2011, 01:37 AM
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/208130_10150163426489490_67496419489_6525115_37270 2_n.jpg

Neel Here
April 19, 2011, 03:43 AM
haha, shakib and co are staying at ITC sonar bangla, which is a 5 min drive from my place. :D

an interview of shakib in a kolkata daily.. not just any kolkata daily, it is the most read bangla daily in the world.

dash
April 19, 2011, 03:57 AM
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 width="98%"><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%">ÅSÑTd yM~Mi Ñ©SmA¢cmS wM}} {©SMh ÑMy’
</TD></TR><TR><TD width="100%">ÉÚA{r PfSÇ ² c~cSrS
</TD></TR><TR><TD width="100%">tÁZ {©SMh hS} \ZMcm¥ ZcvA{ P}m 6.5¥ Aê< AxAQØ¥ <ArMyÅH PtMÅ} ySgSA~ XAuvSZc¥ c~cSrS vSZm }SZoSMÉñ P|Se AtMZZ ‘AÑm’ ÉSAcy-Y~-ÑSÉSv¥ ySZwSMÉ} uSM} Am{ PÑSMmM~ yMÉ yS< ÑSAr X~}S\äS} PÉS{yS} _cSå ÉSêSàcS} AtM~v Yv2ySjS}-Pc¥
<4: c~cSrS vSZm }SZoSMÉñ} jSAÉñ eSMZ ZMoMv vS{S} XvÚzÊAr Pc{v?
ÉSAcy: {Mv ÑMö P|v AvMj} PtMÅ fM}} {SMn Pd~Ai¥ c~cSrS Y} Y{SMt} zSÇS _c }c{¥ XMvc A{~¥ {SAvMZ AvMr dÚy ÉÚAyMu ÑMö¥
<: _r cSMi} {Sn ZMov¥ Xsh cS~Z YwAv _dSMv <s{ vS{M~v!
ÉSAcy: dÚy \M§Ajr Ai~S{¥ _r tÅñMc} ÉS{Mv cdva PdA~Av¥ Y{S} uS}qS w|SÅ-ÇSm ÑSjS} {MrS tÅñc Ai~¥ dÚyZ \wMzSe cM}Ai¥ ySØ~SMtMÅ} {Sn`M~S} ÉMò rÌ~vS c}Mr y~M~ YA{ y~y, {H}wÚM}} csS¥ {H}wÚ} Y{S} cSMi dÚy PèÅ©S~ {Sn¥ ÑZMrS ZMoMv} {MrS _r tÅñc PÉdSMv ÑZ vS¥ Ac1 |r tÅñcZ PÑSc, a<}S wÚM}S {SnMc hSòS cM} }SdMr wSM}v¥
<: _cmÌ Ac PmvÅva ÑAö~ _r P~SMc} ÉS{Mv Pd~Mr vS{Ai?
ÉSAcy: vS, _c yS} {SMn pÌMc wYM~ cdva Y{S} PmvÅv ÑZ vS¥ rMy dÚy \M§Ajr Ai~S{¥ YA{ AvMjMc y~Ai~S{, AvMj |S |S c}My PzMyi PÉ`M~S c}S} PhîS cM}S¥ AvMj} =©SAvØmS Anc {MrS cSMj ~SeSMr wS}M~ ySAc AjAvÉ`M~S Anc ÑMZ |SZ¥
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 width="98%"><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"><: <s{ tÅñMv ZMovMc Pc{v ~Se~?
ÉSAcy: P| zSMy ÉS}Sêq tÅñMc}<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:PLACE w:st="on">S É</ST1:PLACE>{sñv cM} AeMZMiv, XzSyvHZ! ZMoMv} <Mr©c tÅñcMc _} jv© YA{ uv©ySt jSvSy¥ Y} YMytv }Sdy, Y{SMt} Éy {©SMh {Sn zA}MZ rÌ~Úv¥ Y{SMt} zS~ Pd~S} AwiMv YwvSMt} _Z É{sñv Ay}Sm P<}qS ÑMZ tS<YSMy¥
<: tStS PvZ¥ ySØ~S PsMc AvZA{r Pd~Miv cuÚ {MvSj AraZSA}¥ Y} ySØ~SMtMÅ} <ArAvAu AÑMÉMy YwAv¥ ySØ~S} AçMcmzåMt} cH y~Myv?
ÉSAcy: ySØ~S} AçMcmzåMt} y~y, P| É{sñvmS }AyyS} ZMoMv PtAdMZMiv PÉmS PtAdMZ |Sv¥ csS AtAö, Y{}Sa zS~ AciÌ Px}r Pty¥
<: ÅSÑTd dSv-Pc AmM{} {SA~c AÑMÉMy wSaZS? PÉmS Pc{v XAzarS?
ÉSAcy: ySØ~SMtMÅ PyAÅ} zSe {SvÚÇ P| ÅSÑTd dSMv} x©Sv rSMr PcSva ÉM2Ñ PvZ¥ Y{S} wA}yS}, y3ÌyS3y ÉySZ dÚy \àxÌN P|, a<} AmM{ YA{ Pd~Ai¥
<: cS~ PjrS} w} ÅSÑTd cH y~M~v?
ÉSAcy: \Av PrS ÉS}SêqZ \àÉSÑ AtMZ |SMöv¥ cS~ Y{SMc Y~StS cM} yM~Miv, wM}} {©SMh Ñ©SmA¢cmS ÑMZ |SMy, AhåS PvZ¥
<: c~cSrS PrS _r cSMi¥ PtÅ PsMc Pc\ YÉMi vS ZMoMv YwvS} Pd~S PtdMr?
ÉSAcy: cS~Mc} {©ShmSMr YMÉAv¥ Ac1 |S cMvAi, XMvMcZ YÉMi wM}} {©Sh`M~S PtdMr¥
<: PjrS} w} PtÅ PsMc XAzv2v ySrSñ Pc{v PwM~v?
ÉSAcy: XMvMc Y{SMc P|SeSM|SeZ PrS c}Mr wS}Mi vS¥ ôSvHZ P{SySZ~ vG}mS AciÌêq YMe Pw~S{¥ PÉmS {Mv ÑMö AncnSc cSj c}Mi vS¥ PtAd, Y} _cmS vG} AvMr ÑMy¥ Y} YA{a Z-P{~ yS PxÉyÚc Phc cA}Av¥
<: PÉcH? PcSva csSZ ÑZAv?
ÉSAcy: wA}ySM}} ÉMò csS ÑMZMi¥ Ac1 wA}ySM}} ÉMò AçMcm AvMZ csS yA~ vS¥ rMy Y{S} Ay®SÉ ySØ~SMtMÅ ÉySZ dÚAÅ ÑMyv¥
<: wA}ySM} ÅSÑTd dSMv} ÉyMsMc yY x©Sv Pc?
ÉSAcy: Y{S} PiSm PySv¥ ÉyMsMc PyAÅ ÅSÑTMd} iAy PtMd¥
<: YwAv PtMdv ÅSÑTMd} iAy¥ ÉyMsMc PxzSA}m PcSvmS?
ÉSAcy: cÌi cÌi PÑSrS Ñ©SZ¥
<: ÅSÑTd yM~Miv, YZAw_~ AjrM~ jS{S dÚM~ Px~Myv¥ cMvMiv Ac? ¢Ax AjrM~ YwvS}Sa ÉySZ Ac rSZ c}Myv?
ÉSAcy: PÉZ É{MZ} \M§jvSZ cH ÑMy vS ÑMy y~S cAnv¥ rMy _cmS AjAvÉ PtMdAi P|, ÅSÑTd dSMv} dÚy YMye YMi AçMcm AvMZ¥ ezH} zS~ySÉS YMi¥ _Z tÁ’MmS AjAvÉ sScM~ _cmS {SvÚÇ XMvc AciÌ cM} Px~Mr wSM}¥ a<} _Z YMye PtdS} w} Y{}Sa hSZy a<} jv© zS~ AciÌ c}Mr¥
<: Ay®cSMw PtMÅ} AçMcm É{sñcMt} <r©SÅS wÛ}q c}Mr vS wS}S} YMêw _dva PdS<hS AtMö?
ÉSAcy: XrOA£ PrS _cmS YMiZ¥ Y{}S P|mS Ay®SÉ c}rS{ Xr tÊ} Y{}S P|Mr wSA}Av¥ ryÚ {vMc yÚAkMZAi P|, jHyv adSMvZ PsM{ sScMr wSM} vS¥ ÉS{Mv XMvc vrÌv vrÌv h©SM~b YMi¥ Ay®cSw PsMc AÅêS AvMZ jHyMv} wMs _AeMZ hM~S¥
<: PcMcY} P!AÉØTM{} PcSv y©SwS}mS ÉyMsMc zS~ ~SeMi?
ÉSAcy: ÉySZ ÉyS} ÉSx~© <SsñvS c}Mi¥ _Mc XMv©} ÉSxM~© Yv2 c}Mi¥ Y{S} {Mv ÑZ PcMcY} P| w}-w} AjMr hM~Mi, rS} AwiMv _mSZ <uSv cS}q¥
</TD></TR><TR><TD width="100%"><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD height=80 width="34%">http://www.anandabazar.com/images/left.gif (http://www.anandabazar.com/index.htm)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Haru-party
April 19, 2011, 04:00 AM
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 width="98%"><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%">ÅSÑTd yM~Mi Ñ©SmA¢cmS wM}} {©SMh ÑMy’
</TD></TR><TR><TD width="100%">ÉÚA{r PfSÇ ² c~cSrS
</TD></TR><TR><TD width="100%">tÁZ {©SMh hS} \ZMcm¥ ZcvA{ P}m 6.5¥ Aê< AxAQØ¥ <ArMyÅH PtMÅ} ySgSA~ XAuvSZc¥ c~cSrS vSZm }SZoSMÉñ P|Se AtMZZ ‘AÑm’ ÉSAcy-Y~-ÑSÉSv¥ ySZwSMÉ} uSM} Am{ PÑSMmM~ yMÉ yS< ÑSAr X~}S\äS} PÉS{yS} _cSå ÉSêSàcS} AtM~v Yv2ySjS}-Pc¥
<4: c~cSrS vSZm }SZoSMÉñ} jSAÉñ eSMZ ZMoMv vS{S} XvÚzÊAr Pc{v?
ÉSAcy: {Mv ÑMö P|v AvMj} PtMÅ fM}} {SMn Pd~Ai¥ c~cSrS Y} Y{SMt} zSÇS _c }c{¥ XMvc A{~¥ {SAvMZ AvMr dÚy ÉÚAyMu ÑMö¥
<: _r cSMi} {Sn ZMov¥ Xsh cS~Z YwAv _dSMv <s{ vS{M~v!
ÉSAcy: dÚy \M§Ajr Ai~S{¥ _r tÅñMc} ÉS{Mv cdva PdA~Av¥ Y{S} uS}qS w|SÅ-ÇSm ÑSjS} {MrS tÅñc Ai~¥ dÚyZ \wMzSe cM}Ai¥ ySØ~SMtMÅ} {Sn`M~S} ÉMò rÌ~vS c}Mr y~M~ YA{ y~y, {H}wÚM}} csS¥ {H}wÚ} Y{S} cSMi dÚy PèÅ©S~ {Sn¥ ÑZMrS ZMoMv} {MrS _r tÅñc PÉdSMv ÑZ vS¥ Ac1 |r tÅñcZ PÑSc, a<}S wÚM}S {SnMc hSòS cM} }SdMr wSM}v¥
<: _cmÌ Ac PmvÅva ÑAö~ _r P~SMc} ÉS{Mv Pd~Mr vS{Ai?
ÉSAcy: vS, _c yS} {SMn pÌMc wYM~ cdva Y{S} PmvÅv ÑZ vS¥ rMy dÚy \M§Ajr Ai~S{¥ YA{ AvMjMc y~Ai~S{, AvMj |S |S c}My PzMyi PÉ`M~S c}S} PhîS cM}S¥ AvMj} =©SAvØmS Anc {MrS cSMj ~SeSMr wS}M~ ySAc AjAvÉ`M~S Anc ÑMZ |SZ¥
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 width="98%"><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"><: <s{ tÅñMv ZMovMc Pc{v ~Se~?
ÉSAcy: P| zSMy ÉS}Sêq tÅñMc}<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:PLACE w:st="on">S É</ST1:PLACE>{sñv cM} AeMZMiv, XzSyvHZ! ZMoMv} <Mr©c tÅñcMc _} jv© YA{ uv©ySt jSvSy¥ Y} YMytv }Sdy, Y{SMt} Éy {©SMh {Sn zA}MZ rÌ~Úv¥ Y{SMt} zS~ Pd~S} AwiMv YwvSMt} _Z É{sñv Ay}Sm P<}qS ÑMZ tS<YSMy¥
<: tStS PvZ¥ ySØ~S PsMc AvZA{r Pd~Miv cuÚ {MvSj AraZSA}¥ Y} ySØ~SMtMÅ} <ArAvAu AÑMÉMy YwAv¥ ySØ~S} AçMcmzåMt} cH y~Myv?
ÉSAcy: ySØ~S} AçMcmzåMt} y~y, P| É{sñvmS }AyyS} ZMoMv PtAdMZMiv PÉmS PtAdMZ |Sv¥ csS AtAö, Y{}Sa zS~ AciÌ Px}r Pty¥
<: ÅSÑTd dSv-Pc AmM{} {SA~c AÑMÉMy wSaZS? PÉmS Pc{v XAzarS?
ÉSAcy: ySØ~SMtMÅ PyAÅ} zSe {SvÚÇ P| ÅSÑTd dSMv} x©Sv rSMr PcSva ÉM2Ñ PvZ¥ Y{S} wA}yS}, y3ÌyS3y ÉySZ dÚy \àxÌN P|, a<} AmM{ YA{ Pd~Ai¥
<: cS~ PjrS} w} ÅSÑTd cH y~M~v?
ÉSAcy: \Av PrS ÉS}SêqZ \àÉSÑ AtMZ |SMöv¥ cS~ Y{SMc Y~StS cM} yM~Miv, wM}} {©SMh Ñ©SmA¢cmS ÑMZ |SMy, AhåS PvZ¥
<: c~cSrS PrS _r cSMi¥ PtÅ PsMc Pc\ YÉMi vS ZMoMv YwvS} Pd~S PtdMr?
ÉSAcy: cS~Mc} {©ShmSMr YMÉAv¥ Ac1 |S cMvAi, XMvMcZ YÉMi wM}} {©Sh`M~S PtdMr¥
<: PjrS} w} PtÅ PsMc XAzv2v ySrSñ Pc{v PwM~v?
ÉSAcy: XMvMc Y{SMc P|SeSM|SeZ PrS c}Mr wS}Mi vS¥ ôSvHZ P{SySZ~ vG}mS AciÌêq YMe Pw~S{¥ PÉmS {Mv ÑMö AncnSc cSj c}Mi vS¥ PtAd, Y} _cmS vG} AvMr ÑMy¥ Y} YA{a Z-P{~ yS PxÉyÚc Phc cA}Av¥
<: PÉcH? PcSva csSZ ÑZAv?
ÉSAcy: wA}ySM}} ÉMò csS ÑMZMi¥ Ac1 wA}ySM}} ÉMò AçMcm AvMZ csS yA~ vS¥ rMy Y{S} Ay®SÉ ySØ~SMtMÅ ÉySZ dÚAÅ ÑMyv¥
<: wA}ySM} ÅSÑTd dSMv} ÉyMsMc yY x©Sv Pc?
ÉSAcy: Y{S} PiSm PySv¥ ÉyMsMc PyAÅ ÅSÑTMd} iAy PtMd¥
<: YwAv PtMdv ÅSÑTMd} iAy¥ ÉyMsMc PxzSA}m PcSvmS?
ÉSAcy: cÌi cÌi PÑSrS Ñ©SZ¥
<: ÅSÑTd yM~Miv, YZAw_~ AjrM~ jS{S dÚM~ Px~Myv¥ cMvMiv Ac? ¢Ax AjrM~ YwvS}Sa ÉySZ Ac rSZ c}Myv?
ÉSAcy: PÉZ É{MZ} \M§jvSZ cH ÑMy vS ÑMy y~S cAnv¥ rMy _cmS AjAvÉ PtMdAi P|, ÅSÑTd dSMv} dÚy YMye YMi AçMcm AvMZ¥ ezH} zS~ySÉS YMi¥ _Z tÁ’MmS AjAvÉ sScM~ _cmS {SvÚÇ XMvc AciÌ cM} Px~Mr wSM}¥ a<} _Z YMye PtdS} w} Y{}Sa hSZy a<} jv© zS~ AciÌ c}Mr¥
<: Ay®cSMw PtMÅ} AçMcm É{sñcMt} <r©SÅS wÛ}q c}Mr vS wS}S} YMêw _dva PdS<hS AtMö?
ÉSAcy: XrOA£ PrS _cmS YMiZ¥ Y{}S P|mS Ay®SÉ c}rS{ Xr tÊ} Y{}S P|Mr wSA}Av¥ ryÚ {vMc yÚAkMZAi P|, jHyv adSMvZ PsM{ sScMr wSM} vS¥ ÉS{Mv XMvc vrÌv vrÌv h©SM~b YMi¥ Ay®cSw PsMc AÅêS AvMZ jHyMv} wMs _AeMZ hM~S¥
<: PcMcY} P!AÉØTM{} PcSv y©SwS}mS ÉyMsMc zS~ ~SeMi?
ÉSAcy: ÉySZ ÉyS} ÉSx~© <SsñvS c}Mi¥ _Mc XMv©} ÉSxM~© Yv2 c}Mi¥ Y{S} {Mv ÑZ PcMcY} P| w}-w} AjMr hM~Mi, rS} AwiMv _mSZ <uSv cS}q¥
</TD></TR><TR><TD width="100%"><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD height=80 width="34%">http://www.anandabazar.com/images/left.gif (http://www.anandabazar.com/index.htm)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

err...umm...thnx anyway :smh:

iamreza
April 19, 2011, 04:08 AM
Anyone plz translate it.problem viewing font.

Haru-party
April 19, 2011, 04:38 AM
anyone plz translate it.problem viewing font.

posted via bc mobile edition (opera mobile)

‘শাহরুখ বলেছে হ্যাটিট্রকটা পরের ম্যাচে হবে’

সুমিত ঘোষ ² কলকাতা

দুই ম্যাচে চার উইকেট। ইকনমি রেট ৬.৫। িক্ষপ্র ফিিল্ডং। প্রতিবেশী দেশের বাঙালি অধিনায়ক। কলকাতা নাইট রাইডার্সে যোগ দিেয়ই ‘হিট’ সাকিব-আল-হাসান। বাইপাসের ধারে টিম হোটেলে বসে বাঁ হাতি অলরাউণ্ডার সোমবার একান্ত সাক্ষাৎকার দিলেন আনন্দবাজার-কে।

প্রশ্ন: কলকাতা নাইট রাইডাের্সর জাির্স গােয় ইডেনে নামার অনুভূতি কেমন?
সাকিব: মনে হেচ্ছ যেন নিজের দেেশ ঘরের মাঠে খেলছি। কলকাতা আর আমাদের ভাষা এক রকম। অনেক মিল। মানিেয় নিতে খুব সুবিধে হচ্ছে।

প্র: এত কাছের মাঠ ইডেন। অথচ কালই আপনি এখানে প্রথম নামলেন!
সাকিব: খুব উত্তেজিত ছিলাম। এত দর্শকের সামনে কখনও খেলিনি। আমার ধারণা পঞ্চাশ-ষাট হাজার মতো দর্শক ছিল। খুবই উপভোগ করেছি। বাংলাদেশের মাঠগুলোর সঙ্গে তুলনা করতে বললে আমি বলব, মীরপুরের কথা। মীরপুর আমার কাছে খুব েস্পশ্যাল মাঠ। হয়তো ইডেনের মতো এত দর্শক সেখানে হয় না। কিন্তু যত দর্শকই হোক, ওঁরা পুরো মাঠকে চাঙ্গা করে রাখতে পারেন।

প্র: একটু কি টেনশনও হিচ্ছল এত লোকের সামনে খেলতে নামছি?
সাকিব: না, এক বার মাঠে ঢুকে পড়লে কখনও আমার টেনশন হয় না। তবে খুব উত্তেজিত ছিলাম। আমি নিজেকে বলছিলাম, নিজে যা যা করবে ভেবেছ সেগুলো করার চেষ্টা করো। নিজের প্ল্যানিংটা ঠিক মতো কাজে লাগাতে পারলে বাকি জিনিসগুলো ঠিক হেয় যায়।

প্র: প্রথম দর্শনে ইডেনকে কেমন লাগল?
সাকিব: যে ভাবে সারাক্ষণ দর্শকেরা সমথর্ন করে গিেয়ছেন, অভাবনীয়! ইডেনের প্রত্যেক দর্শককে এর জন্য আমি ধন্যবাদ জানাব। আর আবেদন রাখব, আমাদের সব ম্যাচে মাঠ ভরিেয় তুলুন। আমাদের ভাল খেলার পিছনে আপনাদের এই সমর্থন বিরাট েপ্ররণা হেয় দাঁড়াবে।

প্র: দাদা নেই। বাংলা থেকে নিয়মিত খেলছেন শুধু মনোজ তিওয়ারি। আর বাংলাদেশের প্রতিনিধি হিসেবে আপনি। বাংলার ক্রিকেটভক্তদের কী বলবেন?
সাকিব: বাংলার ক্রিকেটভক্তদের বলব, যে সমর্থনটা রবিবার ইডেনে দেখিেয়ছেন সেটা দেখিেয় যান। কথা দিচ্ছি, আমরাও ভাল কিছু ফেরত দেব।

প্র: শাহরুখ খান-কে টিমের মালিক হিসেবে পাওয়া? সেটা কেমন অভিজ্ঞতা?
সাকিব: বাংলাদেশে বেশির ভাগ মানুষ যে শাহরুখ খানের ফ্যান তাতে কোনও সেন্দহ নেই। আমার পরিবার, বন্ধুবান্ধব সবাই খুব উৎফুল্ল যে, ওঁর টিমে আমি খেলছি।

প্র: কাল জেতার পর শাহরুখ কী বললেন?
সাকিব: উনি তো সারাক্ষণই উৎসাহ দিেয় যাচ্ছেন। কাল আমাকে আলাদা করে বলেছেন, পরের ম্যাচে হ্যাটিট্রকটা হেয় যাবে, চিন্তা নেই।

প্র: কলকাতা তো এত কাছে। দেশ থেকে কেউ আসছে না ইডেনে আপনার খেলা দেখতে?
সাকিব: কালকের ম্যাচটাতে আেসনি। কিন্তু যা শুনেছি, অনেকেই আসছে পরের ম্যাচগুলো দেখতে।

প্র: জেতার পর দেশ থেকে অভিনন্দন বার্তা কেমন পেলেন?
সাকিব: অনেকে আমাকে যোগাযোগই তো করতে পারছে না। স্থানীয় মোবাইল নম্বরটা কিছুক্ষণ আগে পেলাম। সেটা মনে হচ্ছে ঠিকঠাক কাজ করছে না। দেখি, আর একটা নম্বর নিতে হবে। আর আমিও ই-মেল বা ফেসবুক চেক করিনি।

প্র: েসকী? কোনও কথাই হয়নি?
সাকিব: পরিবারের সেঙ্গ কথা হেয়ছে। কিন্তু পরিবারের সঙ্গে ক্রিকেট নিেয় কথা বলি না। তবে আমার বিশ্বাস বাংলাদেশে সবাই খুশি হবেন।

প্র: পরিবারে শাহরুখ খানের সবথেকে বড় ফ্যান কে?
সাকিব: আমার ছোট বোন। সবথেকে বেিশ শাহরুখের ছবি দেখে।

প্র: আপনি দেখেন শাহরুখের ছবি। সবথেকে ফেভারিট কোনটা?
সাকিব: কুছ কুছ হোতা হ্যায়।

প্র: শাহরুখ বলেছেন, আইপিএল জিতলে জামা খুলে ফেলবেন। শুনেছেন কি? ট্রফি জিতলে আপনারাও সবাই কি তাই করবেন?
সাকিব: েসই সমেয়র উত্তেজনায় কী হবে না হবে বলা কঠিন। তবে একটা জিনিস দেখেছি যে, শাহরুখ খানের খুব আবেগ আছে ক্রিকেট নিেয়। গভীর ভালবাসা আছে। এই দু’টো জিনিস থাকলে একটা মানুষ অনেক কিছু করে ফেলতে পারে। ওঁর এই আবেগ দেখার পর আমরাও চাইব ওঁর জন্য ভাল কিছু করতে।

প্র: বিশ্বকাপে দেশের ক্রিকেট সমর্থকদের প্রত্যাশা পূরণ করতে না পারার আক্ষেপ এখনও খোঁচা দিচ্ছে?
সাকিব: অতoিপ্ত তো একটা আছেই। আমরা যেটা বিশ্বাস করতাম অত দূর আমরা যেতে পারিনি। তবু মনকে বুঝিেয়ছি যে, জীবন ওখানেই থেমে থাকতে পারে না। সামনে অনেক নতুন নতুন চ্যালেঞ্জ আছে। বিশ্বকাপ থেকে শিক্ষা নিেয় জীবনের পথে এগিেয় চলো।

প্র: কেকেআর েড্রসিংরুমের কোন ব্যাপারটা সবথেকে ভাল লাগছে?
সাকিব: সবাই সবার সাফল্য প্রার্থনা করছে। একে অন্যের সাফল্যে আনন্দ করছে। আমার মনে হয় কেকেআর যে পর-পর জিতে চলেছে, তার পিছনে এটাই প্রধান কারণ।

AhmedN
April 19, 2011, 06:07 AM
What rating? This is the IPL - private but ICC sanctioned league.

If you are talking about his All-Rounder ranking, that was for ODIs and Tests - ranked #2 and #3 receptively.
thanks.
Zunaid, are you the same Junaed Kazi, who used to live in Mississauga, Canada, has a Ph.D. in veterinary, most probably from Sweden.

dash
April 19, 2011, 08:00 AM
err...umm...thnx anyway :smh:

when i posted it i could read....probably because i got the script installed...sorry anyways

dash
April 19, 2011, 06:36 PM
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Kolkata-keep-the-decibel-levels-high/Article1-687320.aspx

kalpurush
April 19, 2011, 11:52 PM
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Kolkata-keep-the-decibel-levels-high/Article1-687320.aspx

"The introduction of the Australian players as well as Shakib Al-Hasan has really given the squad great balance.
Shakib is one of the most underrated cricketers in world cricket and a good bowler in sub-continent conditions. He is enjoying the conditions in Kolkata and is also a handy batsman lower down the order." -Gautam Gambhir (http://www.hindustantimes.com/Search/search.aspx?q=Gautam Gambhir)

Zeeshan
April 20, 2011, 12:01 AM

Article seemed more like a Shahrukh ad.

Shaan
April 20, 2011, 01:15 AM

Article seemed more like a Shahrukh ad.

yeah, tobe mone hosse Shakib Shahruker ovinoyer temon ekta bhokto na.. :applause:

Neel Here
April 20, 2011, 01:26 AM
yeah, tobe mone hosse Shakib Shahruker ovinoyer temon ekta bhokto na.. if so, I applaud his taste. :D

Dilscoop
April 20, 2011, 01:28 AM
Can we all just stop quoting everything that every other guy/newspaper is saying about Shakib. Why? Does that give you extra pleasure? Shouldn't you already know by now how great our skipper is? There is no need for these extra peep talks, we all know Shakib is great.

Dilscoop
April 20, 2011, 01:32 AM
BTW I was watching the highlights of Shakib's almost hat trick last night, and I heard the crowd was cheering "Sha-Kib...Sha-kib!" "Sha-kib... Sha-kib!" If you don't know it by now, that's how India cheers for Sachin, "Sa-chin, Sa-chin... Sa-chin...Sa-chin".

That was more pleasing to me than all these random GG quotes.

Dilscoop
April 20, 2011, 01:37 AM
:smh::facepalm:

What you the Anti-Get_Laid?

al-Sagar
April 20, 2011, 03:02 AM
this what gambhir said to cricinfo ....

"With [Brett] Lee and Shakib [Al Hasan] in the team, and with [Lakshmipathy] Balaji bowling brilliantly we have a very good bowling attack. Hopefully we can bring more joy to the city in the matches to come."

so Gambhir now identifies shakib as one of his main bowling weapons.

i hope soon shakib will show his batting prowess and thus become a indispensable and reliable all rounder

dash
April 20, 2011, 04:18 AM
Can we all just stop quoting everything that every other guy/newspaper is saying about Shakib. Why? Does that give you extra pleasure? Shouldn't you already know by now how great our skipper is? There is no need for these extra peep talks, we all know Shakib is great.

one can discuss whatever they like, if you dont like it care not to do so..........

Night_wolf
April 20, 2011, 04:59 AM
BTW I was watching the highlights of Shakib's almost hat trick last night, and I heard the crowd was cheering "Sha-Kib...Sha-kib!" "Sha-kib... Sha-kib!" If you don't know it by now, that's how India cheers for Sachin, "Sa-chin, Sa-chin... Sa-chin...Sa-chin".

That was more pleasing to me than all these random GG quotes.

am i the ONLY guy who missed this??...dhat terika

Haru-party
April 20, 2011, 05:12 AM
am i the ONLY guy who missed this??...dhat terika

yes u are....i was feeling like flying

zainab
April 20, 2011, 06:46 AM
Hope that Sakib will get to bat one of these days.

MohammedC
April 20, 2011, 07:53 AM
Shakib will never bat for KKR. And if he does he won't do well.

BTW Shakib is going to suck today

_Rafi_
April 20, 2011, 08:05 AM
Shakib will never bat for KKR. And if he does he won't do well.

BTW Shakib is going to suck today

Reverse Jinx theory?

MohammedC
April 20, 2011, 08:27 AM
Reverse Jinx theory?

I mean it.

lamisa
April 20, 2011, 09:57 AM
so sar, shak has been economic

lamisa
April 20, 2011, 09:58 AM
out!!!shakib gets kalam and the 1st wicket for kkr!!! GO MOYNA!

Nocturnal
April 20, 2011, 10:03 AM
so far 2 over 9 runs - got Kalam bhai's wkt! :)

lamisa
April 20, 2011, 10:35 AM
arekta!!!! yes jadhav gese

Avik
April 20, 2011, 10:56 AM
3 for 28. he did suck today. suck the life out of kochi that is.

a job well done by shakib indeed.

Avik
April 20, 2011, 10:58 AM
btw, he is now the 2nd highest wicket taker in IPL, that also just in 3 matches!

AsifTheManRahman
April 20, 2011, 11:14 AM
btw, he is now the 2nd highest wicket taker in IPL, that also just in 3 matches!
Sorry state of Indian bowling or sorry state of foreign buiras? Or is he just that good?

Night_wolf
April 20, 2011, 11:18 AM
just:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Avik
April 20, 2011, 11:31 AM
he is consistent. took 2 or more wickets in all his matches. while the other performers are either flash in the pan, or inconsistent, he has stayed sharp, taking wickets in every matches.

i knew he is a world class bowler, and i knew he would do well with his bowling in the IPL. question was, how well. and he has answered that.

dolcevita
April 20, 2011, 11:59 AM
If he get an opportunity to bat I think he will go well

auntu
April 20, 2011, 12:11 PM
Shakib off the mark.

shiplu
April 20, 2011, 12:12 PM
shakibs got bat, im too scared to watch.

Murad
April 20, 2011, 12:18 PM
top wicket takers in IPL 2011 so far:

Malinga 11 wkts
Y Pathan 7 wkts (13 overs)
Shakib 7 wkts.. (12 overs)

Pathan seems to be a good bowler.

Simin2011
April 20, 2011, 12:21 PM
Good bowling Shakib but concentrate on batting please ! you are supposed to be a batting all rounder :(

cricgenius
April 20, 2011, 12:22 PM
shakibs got bat, im too scared to watch.
ki baje batting..he was never a good batsman..

Dilscoop
April 20, 2011, 12:48 PM
Lately Shakib lost his batting, and that's what caused him his Number one spot

Habib
April 20, 2011, 12:55 PM

Now now. Comment like this will only damage your credibility. We have got a short memory, don't we?

Equinox
April 20, 2011, 12:59 PM
Shakib batted like a complete moron today. Farcical RBW. Tiwary was like wtf's wrong with you bro.

shiplu
April 20, 2011, 01:06 PM

he currently has the highest ODI batting average in the bangladesh team.
t20 is different i guess.

dolcevita
April 20, 2011, 01:06 PM
Shakib batted like a complete moron today. Farcical RBW. Tiwary was like wtf's wrong with you bro.

Pressure....get the best of him

shiplu
April 20, 2011, 01:07 PM
maybe the coaching staff is making him focus on mainly bowling rather than batting.

shakibrulz
April 20, 2011, 01:08 PM
That was a really low full toss, which is hard to play, but he played a rubbish shot like the one vettori plays. But that said he was sent way too late imo.

shakibrulz
April 20, 2011, 01:29 PM
Shakib's bowling highlights:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Lsf_ZALsPoM" allowfullscreen="" width="640" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>