PDA

View Full Version : What type of cricketer are you?

Dilscoop
April 15, 2011, 03:36 AM
Type:
Batting and Bowling Hand:
Batting and Fielding Position:
What lvl of cricket:

Lets get this section rolling!

Naimul_Hd
April 15, 2011, 03:40 AM
During my school & College Cricket Tourney:

Bat: Right Handed Opening Batsman
Bowl: Right handed Medium pace
Fielding: Point

Dilscoop
April 15, 2011, 03:41 AM
So ALR?

Night_wolf
April 15, 2011, 03:43 AM
sucked at every department!...only way to describe me:D

Naimul_Hd
April 15, 2011, 03:48 AM
So ALR?

Watto type. :)

MohammedC
April 15, 2011, 04:05 AM
Retired.....from proper cricket at 19.

Right Hand Batsmen. Could bowl medium pace but never bowled in any matches. Played few Sunday league matches about 18/20 years ago before my dad put stop to it.

Nadim
April 15, 2011, 04:25 AM
When i was in BD......I was a batsman

When i came to UK and became a batsman who could bowl a bit and occasional wk for my skl.

Now im a genuine AR for my club; Middle order batsman and a Leg Spinner (can bowl off spin & medium too if needed) just like Sir Ash ;). Also kept wk few times for my club :)

Nadim
April 15, 2011, 04:28 AM
Retired.....from proper cricket at 19.

Right Hand Batsmen. Could bowl medium pace but never bowled in any matches. Played few Sunday league matches about 18/20 years ago before my dad put stop to it.

eto taratari retired korlen ken?

Rok er moto un-retired koren abar ;)

Isnaad
April 15, 2011, 12:43 PM
I am a left handed middle order batsman with good striking ability on the leg side (Ross Taylor type.)
I am a left arm fast bowler who can generate quite a bit of pace, have the ability of inswinging the deliveries.
Pacerhunt amar shopno.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

MohammedC
April 15, 2011, 01:00 PM
I am a left handed middle order batsman with good striking ability on the leg side (Ross Taylor type.)
I am a left arm fast bowler who can generate quite a bit of pace, have the ability of inswinging the deliveries.
Pacerhunt amar shopno.

[বাংলা]বাহাতি ফাস্ট বোলার, আর বাংলাদেশে থাক, তাইলেত তুমি ভাতে মারা যাইবা , বাংলাদেশে ক্রিকেট থেকে পয়সা মানাইতে হইলে স্পিনার হও ! দেখবে দুই দিন পরে সাকিব এর চাকরি খতম[/বাংলা]

Unfortunately this is our mentality back home which sux. :(

Isnaad
April 15, 2011, 01:04 PM
[বাংলা]বাহাতি ফাস্ট বোলার, আর বাংলাদেশে থাক, তাইলেত তুমি ভাতে মারা যাইবা , বাংলাদেশে ক্রিকেট থেকে পয়সা মানাইতে হইলে স্পিনার হও ! দেখবে দুই দিন পরে সাকিব এর চাকরি খতম[/বাংলা]

Unfortunately this is our mentality back home which sux. :(

Bhaiya, cricket amar part time passion bolte paren. I don't want to earn through it. Pacer hunt e just tik te chai.

roman
April 15, 2011, 01:12 PM
I was right hand fast bowler and 1 down batsman for my para. In school I was a middle order batsman. Thats when I was trained under coaches like "Ratan and Sisir"..

One World
April 15, 2011, 03:56 PM
Off-spin

Zeeshan
April 15, 2011, 04:08 PM
runner

Zeeshan
April 15, 2011, 04:12 PM
i was medium pacer actually...i think i still got it

F6_Turbo
April 15, 2011, 04:12 PM
My cricketing career, summed up in a sentence.

"yeah...ummm, you free, coz if you are, we're short an umpire, you wanna help out, bud?"

:(

Mahir
April 15, 2011, 11:28 PM
Type: Batsman
Batting and Bowling Hand: Right
Batting and Fielding Position: Top-order Batsman; Covers/Mid-wicket/Close-ins
What lvl of cricket: Semi-pro

Played cricket ever since I can remember. It was mostly in the form of tape-tennis when I grew up in Dhaka, but ironically had my first taste of leather-ball/organized cricket after moving to Canada, at the age of 17. This summer will be my 4th season playing at the semi-pro level here in Toronto. Currently captaining the TP Tigers cricket club (www.tptigers.webs.com) - and just can not wait for the season to start!!!

Night_wolf
April 16, 2011, 12:07 AM
My cricketing career, summed up in a sentence.

"yeah...ummm, you free, coz if you are, we're short an umpire, you wanna help out, bud?"

:(

ha ha..mine was

"umm..u got talent!..we need u Outside the field in the spectators box!"

Sovik
April 16, 2011, 07:17 AM
I was an ok bowler, could bowl good length and line but didn't have good enough pace. I think i was a little better batsman than Walsh. Didn't have good technique, went hard at everything. But I was a very good fielder. Didn't drop many catches.

Overall not good. A lot of times i got into the squad for my fielding.

cricket_king
April 16, 2011, 09:21 AM
Right-handed Opening Batsman. Can bowl some medium-pacers, but rarely do in a match. Quite comfortable against pace, but not too great against quality spin bowling as there aren't many in the local Sydney leagues. Fielding-wise I prefer cover or point, sometimes pitch in at slip if we need an extra.

magic boy
April 16, 2011, 10:04 AM
A bowling all-rounder

Right handed lower middle order batsman.

Right arm medium-pacer.

Fielder at Mid-wicket & Squire-Leg zone.

used to play for our local club & captained for sometime! now mostly a short-pitch-time-passing cricketer due to overweight & lack of time!

Baundule
April 16, 2011, 01:51 PM
Currently:
Type: All rounder

Batting and Bowling Hand: both Right, bowl medium-fast, was pretty quick even 3/4 years back, now slower bouncer is my best delivery, Shaun Pollock type

Batting and Fielding Position: batting at 3 or 4, Rahul Dravid type, point or short mid-wicket, once kept wicket, hate fielding at slip

What lvl of cricket: fun-cricket, para-cricket, inter-city competition (in abroad), tape-tennis, in the last 10 years I have played only a single match with proper cricket ball

My cricket career has evolved quite a bit.
In the school, I used to play football more than cricket. I was just mediocre-to-bad in both of them. Cricket took over football around 1995/96. I was a solid batsman with good defense and SIX-hitting ability. I used to bowl only occasionally with very slow pace.

Next several years was the same. But I was never a regular athlete. Academic career was always the priority.

I became a quick bowler around 2003. Went for the out and out pace and it was quite thrilling. I loved it and spent quite a bit of time practising pace bowling (tape-tennis, of course). I perfected line and length with the ability to bowl yorkers almost at will. That is why, I am often disgusted when a national team bowler can not control line and length.

Now, just play occassionally in a club with lot of Pakis and Indians. Can not manage much time for it. It is more about fitness than cricket.

Throughout these years, I have been an excellent fielder. That is the part of cricket I like the most.

sbsash
April 16, 2011, 03:32 PM
Type:
Pace bowler, but can occasionally bat.

Righty

Batting: My team usually puts me as the last man, but I prefer to play up the order where I can bat aggressively.
Fielding: Prefer to be anywhere in the leg side.

What lvl of cricket:
Taped Tennis. I'm the youngest (14 y.o.), there's a teenager, and the rest are all adults. They play every Sunday. I go whenever I can since it's far away from where I live.

Sakib
April 16, 2011, 08:27 PM
before retiring from all forms of cricket, i could bowl, i could bat, i could field, i could even umpire matches. but unfortunately i could never showcase my true potential. but thats alright, with my name containing 2 of the great allrounders of world cricket: sakib and imran khan, i dont actually need to play cricket to make a name, do i? :-D

One World
April 16, 2011, 10:15 PM
Slowly it is turning into a resume thread, :-p

Sohel
April 17, 2011, 01:05 AM
Type: Top order batsman & medium pacer.
Batting and Bowling Hand: Right.
Batting and Fielding Position: 3 or 4 ... Point/Cover.
What lvl of cricket: HS.

Lets get this section rolling!

I was a horrible batsman. Worse than Raj:sick:n and Da:sick:k. Decent bowler and pretty good fielder. Much better baseball player for some reason at 3rd base, batting 6th.

Haru-party
April 17, 2011, 01:36 AM
well i was the captain of my college team. played a lot of cricket at school level. i used to open the innings. i had a phsycological problem....i never played a god knock when i didnt play as an opener. used to do a bit off-spinner in para games but thats it. never tried in real matches. but i was an excellent fielder. always field in short extra cover. when i was at class six i was picked in my school team only for my fielding. and everyone else was from class 9 and 10. so the captain told me ( his name was faisal) he will give me a icecream for every catch. that really pumped me up and in the 1st match i ended up with 3 sharp catches. he ended the deal after that match. :lol:

Night_wolf
April 17, 2011, 01:46 AM
before retiring from all forms of cricket, i could bowl, i could bat, i could field, i could even umpire matches. but unfortunately i could never showcase my true potential. but thats alright, with my name containing 2 of the great allrounders of world cricket: sakib and imran khan, i dont actually need to play cricket to make a name, do i? :-D

Dont tell me u r Sakib Khan of Dhalywood:doh:

ahnaf
April 17, 2011, 02:18 AM
Hmm.. I've lots of similarity with sir ash..:p
Im Middle order Batsman now.. Bat at num 4.. But started playing as a opener..
Well im a pretty much talented batsman..:D At very early age i started to play with senior players of para (may be when i was at class 3-4)... Though nobody ever coached/told me what to do i can play all kind of shots without any difficulty.. Earlier i've problem with match temperment.. Just like our sir ash..lol.. In the practice i always looks outstanding but at match dont know what happened then because i always used to get out playing very sill shot.. Just like an example one match i got out in a lollypop fulltoss,just because i became confuse what to do whether i'll hit or defense.. So earlier this happened a lot.. And in the result after lots of same failure i got dropped from starting line up of my local club team and that lasted almost for 1 year... But hopefully during last 4 year i got rid off that problem though my batting style has changed a lot for this.. Earlier i was very aggrressive batsman now i first try to set then start to play shot.. I strongly believe if i've the family support and if i knew what to do to be a pro player then i would play for my country team.. But alas..:( well i use to ball a little bit also.. Slow medium pacer.. I always gives breakthrough when team needs.. Anyway I've played for my local club,School team,College team.. Thats all..
Note: i've no connection with bat ball for last 7-8 month.. May be unofficial retirement ata..:p
Pura history likhe felchi..lol..

Isnaad
April 17, 2011, 02:22 AM

:floor:

Sakib
April 17, 2011, 03:05 AM

nah mate, i can assure you i haven't got anything to do with dhalywood. and i am not sakib khan either, i am sakib imran khan :smug:

revolver
April 17, 2011, 06:28 AM
Batting : left handed slow run scorer
Bowl: right hand fast bowler
Fielding: appaling at every position
Level: play for newly school made cricket team, having a trial for alexandra palace cricket team
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Nadim
April 17, 2011, 06:45 AM
Batting : left handed slow run scorer
Bowl: right hand fast bowler
Fielding: appaling at every position
Level: play for newly school made cricket team, having a trial for alexandra palace cricket team

Good Luck with that. They are a very good club and play in D2 in Surrey league (i think).

i was qualified to play for them in 2009 but couldn't be bother to travel all the way to North London...

btw, why don't you try for Kensington & Chelsea CC(thats who i play for)? :-p. They are playing league cricket since last yr and currently their 1st and 2nd XI in both in D3 of Middlesex league.

Nadim
April 17, 2011, 07:16 AM
Type:
Pace bowler, but can occasionally bat.

Righty

Batting: My team usually puts me as the last man, but I prefer to play up the order where I can bat aggressively.
Fielding: Prefer to be anywhere in the leg side.

What lvl of cricket:
Taped Tennis. I'm the youngest (14 y.o.), there's a teenager, and the rest are all adults. They play every Sunday. I go whenever I can since it's far away from where I live.

Bhaijan, tumar boyos ki bare na:-p dui bochor dore shuntechi tumi 14 :ticking:

revolver
April 17, 2011, 09:09 AM
Good Luck with that. They are a very good club and play in D2 in Surrey league (i think).

i was qualified to play for them in 2009 but couldn't be bother to travel all the way to North London...

btw, why don't you try for Kensington & Chelsea CC(thats who i play for)? :-p. They are playing league cricket since last yr and currently their 1st and 2nd XI in both in D3 of Middlesex league.

How far is that? Alexandra is like 5 mins away from my school and 20 mins away from my house so its kind of easy for me... We in our collage/6 form we made up a team and our school books the alexandra palace cricket pitch, so we can train there and their officails came up to some of us and they were like why don't you try out for us they took our numbers and yh they were like when we have outdoor training we will see how you guys play so hopefully they select me although my fielding is attricous :(

Yasin.
April 17, 2011, 01:10 PM
Medium fast bowler.
4 down batsman.

Paul Collingwood/Ravi Bopara type player.

beshideshi
April 18, 2011, 07:52 AM
Initially I was a right arm pacer, then had a knee injury, turned into an offspinner, and then turned into a proper batsman and now have recovered from my injury and am a pace bowling allrounder.

Currently I bowl Medium Fast, I have clocked myself bowling around 128-130k.
Bat at #4-6
Fielding position: Mid on/Mid off.
Play grade cricket in Canberra for Eastlake , have also captained the lower grade sides last season. Players like Neil Fairbrother, Peter Martin, Watkinson, our own favorite Rod Tucker have played for Eastlake in the past.

http://www.eastlakecc.act.cricket.com.au/home.aspx?

yashsaxena
April 22, 2011, 03:20 AM
I am the captain of my colony team.

Till today we have played 63 matches out of which we won 47 matches, loss 12 and tied 4 matches.

In the next 2 year our one of the bowler might play in IPL.

mac
April 25, 2011, 11:18 AM
I am a middle order batsman with good technique and a medium fast bowler. I can also bowl a bit of off spin and leg spin. Usually field in short cover. But never got to show my talent in big stage (Mainly due to educational and social system of BD).

Banglaguy
May 22, 2011, 07:40 AM
Right Hand Bowl
Left Hand Bat
Regents Park under 17's (ECB sponsored, under contract).

karimjay.
May 26, 2011, 12:35 AM
Batting and Bowling Hand: right hand bat, right arm pace
Batting and Fielding Position: six is just about the ideal position for me because i'm an extremely aggressive batsman. but i'm not too fussed so long as i get a hit
What lvl of cricket: currently playing sydney local grade, looking to take it to the next level next season.

here are my stats, pretty self explanatory: http://rydalmerewrens.nsw.cricket.com.au/showrvcontent.aspx?locx=PLY&playerID=858870&eID=4597&seasonID=77&loc=/cricket/reports/player.asp&loc1/player.asp