PDA

View Full Version : Cricket in America...

al Furqaan
April 17, 2011, 10:46 PM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/511264.html

very encouraging article here...i think those of us here who have young children in grade school could perhaps volunteer time to teach cricket to any students who are interested during PE courses.

Sohel
April 17, 2011, 11:00 PM
I'll be thrilled if we reach Canada's level one of these days with the steady stream of South Asian immigrants of our own. Don't see it happening, not in my lifetime anyway.

al Furqaan
April 18, 2011, 12:00 AM
canada sucks...how can we not get to be as good as canada in a lifetime (provided all the management issues are good)?

Sohel
April 18, 2011, 12:14 AM
canada sucks...how can we not get to be as good as canada in a lifetime (provided all the management issues are good)?

Being more of a part of the British Commonwealth ghetto, our northern neighbors may have a better appreciation of the sport. Public support matters alongside South Asian immigrants. I can name about a dozen team sports with significantly greater popularity and appeal in the US, including women's field hockey.

Mahir
April 18, 2011, 02:54 AM

As a matter of fact, US will get their a$$es handed to them every time they play Canada.

RazabQ
April 19, 2011, 11:11 PM
Only a matter of time. Wait till the Cali youth leagues with the huge ABCD population start percolating through.