April 16, 2011, 05:20 PM
Rajin is making some serious noise...

Like metallica?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

HereWeGo
April 16, 2011, 05:23 PM
Like metallica?

Metallica is no Noise...They are the Gods of metal!!!

M.H.Rubel
April 16, 2011, 09:24 PM

Yes Rajin Saleh is also making some good noise like the God of metal.

Ashfaq
April 17, 2011, 09:28 AM

While metallica are definitely close to being "Priest of Metal", I'm afrain they have nothing on the likes of Iron Maiden, Judas Priest or Black Sabbath, the "True Gods of Metal".

Zunaid
April 17, 2011, 11:35 AM
While metallica are definitely close to being "Priest of Metal", I'm afrain they have nothing on the likes of Iron Maiden, Judas Priest or Black Sabbath, the "True Gods of Metal".

Good list but your list is incomplete without Uriah Heep, Pantera, AC/DC, Deep Purple, Alice in Chains and Dio. They are part of the metal divinity.

One World
April 17, 2011, 12:49 PM
Good list but your list is incomplete without Uriah Heep, Pantera, AC/DC, Deep Purple, Alice in Chains and Dio. They are part of the metal divinity.

White Snake, Def Leppard, Ratt, Kiss, Motley Crue, Queensryche and G & R

Habib
April 17, 2011, 01:39 PM
White Snake, Def Leppard, Ratt, Kiss, Motley Crue, Queensryche and G & R

Along with Alter Bridge & Quo Vadis.

_Rafi_
April 17, 2011, 02:56 PM
But Warfaze pwns them all.

Habib
April 17, 2011, 03:01 PM

They are mainly of progressive rock genre not metal.

HereWeGo
April 17, 2011, 04:32 PM

Surprised that no one mentioned the mighty Zepplin and Scorpions.......... what is this world coming to :facepalm

One World
April 17, 2011, 11:41 PM

If you name metal, then Rockstrata pwns Warfaze (although my previous college-band buddy now plays in WF) and In Dhaka just defines it.

Sohel
April 17, 2011, 11:42 PM
Nemesis with Zohad and Maher blows everybody else away.

Zunaid
April 18, 2011, 12:28 AM
Hae re bangali, from NCL to Raijn to Metal to ....

Please continue :)

Zeeshan
April 18, 2011, 12:30 AM
metal? 2011? seriously guys...?

Zeeshan
April 18, 2011, 12:41 AM
Any fans of Slip Knots?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz-2I1mRvHs

Isnaad
April 18, 2011, 01:07 AM
Nemesis with Zohad and Maher blows everybody else away.

Ow yes! Maher is too good! I love Nemesis!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Isnaad
April 18, 2011, 01:08 AM
I know its off 'metal' but Shunno is one of the best uprising bands in Bangladesh!

_Rafi_
April 18, 2011, 01:47 AM
They are mainly of progressive rock genre not metal. BTW let's not continue our off topic discussion anymore :P

In term of making noise! Good noise!

Zunaid
April 18, 2011, 01:50 AM
ps - btw - moved from NCL thread :)

magic boy
April 18, 2011, 02:27 AM
They are mainly of progressive rock genre not metal. BTW let's not continue our off topic discussion anymore :P

Warfaze has been a multi-genre type band but its birth was based on mostly progressive metal along with rock ballad. but as you know its now fully commercial band now it may sound like pop band as well :(
moreover a metal band can be tagged as rock band but a rock band may not be tagged as metal.

metal? 2011? seriously guys...?
Metal rulz man\m/

Hi5
Any fans of Slip Knots?
count me.

there is still controversy about slipknot due to its genre.its a NUmetal band but many metal elitists never want to certify it as metal band. NUmetal = New Urban Metal.:-D

btw, i smell a genre war awaiting in this thread and metal pundits are coming. wait & see :-p

Sakib
April 18, 2011, 03:11 AM
what metal genre does tishma belong to?

revolver
April 18, 2011, 03:43 AM
what metal genre does tishma belong to?

Pagol chagol
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Habib
April 18, 2011, 04:05 AM
Any fans of Slip Knots?

Here.

Habib
April 18, 2011, 04:14 AM
If you name metal, then Rockstrata pwns Warfaze (although my previous college-band buddy now plays in WF) and In Dhaka just defines it.

There is a new pure metal band called 'Funeral Anthem' is coming soon & my buddy is the bassist. So watch out people!

roman
April 18, 2011, 04:30 AM
Any fans of Slip Knots?

i am a fan...

cluster11
April 18, 2011, 09:05 AM
I love AC/DC but I don't consider them "Heavy Metal". Their songs have a traditional hard rock platform with tight drum & bass topped with Angus's guitar antics on top. Personally I would put AC/DC, Van Halen and Deep Purple in the hard rock genre and even some of Metallica's stuff as well. Metallica, Deff Leppard, Queensryche and Scorpions would be my favorite heavy metal bands. Once I gave my eldest cousin a "Europe" album and I thought half of the band were girls. Later she pointed out all 4 of them were guys. Those were the big hair days!!

Metallica's self-titled album (I think came out in '93) is one of the best of that decade IMHO.

Zunaid
April 18, 2011, 09:09 AM
I believe we are all showing our age ;-)

roman
April 18, 2011, 10:23 AM
My favorite metal bands are Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Nirvana, Deep Purple,Scorpion, Metallica, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin. In BD Nemesis is doing really good. But Warfaze is the GURU...

Ashfaq
April 18, 2011, 11:17 AM
There is a new pure metal band called 'Funeral Anthem' is coming soon & my buddy is the bassist. So watch out people!

God I love "Funeral Anthem". There cover of Bed of Razor in BUET just blew my mind.

Ashfaq
April 18, 2011, 11:21 AM
I love AC/DC but I don't consider them "Heavy Metal". Their songs have a traditional hard rock platform with tight drum & bass topped with Angus's guitar antics on top. Personally I would put AC/DC, Van Halen and Deep Purple in the hard rock genre and even some of Metallica's stuff as well. Metallica, Deff Leppard, Queensryche and Scorpions would be my favorite heavy metal bands. Once I gave my eldest cousin a "Europe" album and I thought half of the band were girls. Later she pointed out all 4 of them were guys. Those were the big hair days!!

Metallica's self-titled album (I think came out in '93) is one of the best of that decade IMHO.

Van Halen and Deep Purple actually identify themselves as hardrock musicians. Metallica would be a thrash metal band (one of the best thrashars there ever were). Scorpoins aren't really metal, even though some their songs are very definition of heavy metal. Europe, Bon Jovi et al of '80s are just about in the middle ground of glam metal and rock, thus the ugky hairs and flashy outfits. Those were the good days.

cricket_dorshok
April 18, 2011, 12:05 PM
ki bolen sobai!
heavy metal holo gold, platinum, ...
ar light mertal holo lithium, sodium, potassium, .....
:)

Isnaad
April 18, 2011, 01:23 PM
ki bolen sobai!
heavy metal holo gold, platinum, ...
ar light mertal holo lithium, sodium, potassium, .....
:)

:up:

One World
April 18, 2011, 01:54 PM
M. E. G. A. D. E. A. T. H.

auntu
April 18, 2011, 02:34 PM
I believe we are all showing our age ;-)
lol...once a part of head bangers...listening to Pantera....still feel bad for Dimebag Darrell's death.

Habib
April 18, 2011, 03:00 PM
M. E. G. A. D. E. A. T. H.

Now I'm really ashamed for not remembering them.

HereWeGo
April 18, 2011, 03:06 PM
Now I'm really ashamed for not remembering them.

Mmm...U should not be cuz such a band does not exist....

its called megaDETH....not megaDeATH :D

Just trying to make u feel better.....

Bancan
April 18, 2011, 05:19 PM
My favorite metal bands are Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Nirvana, Deep Purple,Scorpion, Metallica, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin. In BD Nemesis is doing really good. But Warfaze is the GURU...

NIRVANA IS NOT METAL. GRUNGE:notworthy:

cluster11
April 19, 2011, 08:18 AM
NIRVANA IS NOT METAL. GRUNGE:notworthy:

Yeah Nirvana is one of the trailblazers for Grunge. Neither is Led Zeppelin "heavy metal". They are in rock genre. All the bands mentioned are great though! :-)

cluster11
April 19, 2011, 08:31 AM
My favorite Rock albums (including Rock, Progressive Rock, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Grunge, Punk Rock):

- Darkside Of The Moon (Pink Floyd)
- What's The Story Morning Glory (Oasis)
- Metallica (Metallica)
- Siamese Dreams (Smashing Pumpkins)
- The Wall (Pink Floyd)
- Nevermind (Nirvana)
- American Idiot (Green Day)
- Joshua Tree (U2)
- X & Y (Cold Play)
- OK Computer (Radiohead)

One World
April 19, 2011, 11:02 AM
Some of the obscure (not BD band Obscure - while I mention Obscure I sadly mention that our talented friend Peter, the lead guitarist, died recently, RIP my friend) bands I liked a lot include,

Marillion, Alan Parsons Project, Sniff 'n the Tears, Icehouse, Roxy Music, ZZ Top, Depeche Mode, The BoomTown Rats and Bad Company.