PDA

View Full Version : Official Cat Lovers Thread

Sohel
April 24, 2011, 03:00 AM
"After scolding one's cat one looks into its face and is seized by the ugly suspicion that it understood every word. And has filed it for reference."- Charlotte Gray

Cat lovers only please. Maybe the following format will help start the conversation. I'll start with my cat:

http://www.my-image-host.com/out.php/t6930_Cleo.jpg

1. Name: Cleo

2. Gender: Female

3. Breed: Tabby (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabby_Cat) & Abyssinian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abyssinian_%28cat%29)

4. Favorite food: She likes Friskies dry cat food and won't touch other brands available here in Dhaka. Enjoys boiled chicken sausage, boiled chicken thigh meat (no breast), boiled chicken liver, and beef or chicken flavored Ramen noodles. Also likes vanilla and strawberry ice cream on occasion. Doesn't like fish.

5. Favorite sounds: Bird sounds. She's very traditional that way.

6. Favorite hang-outs: Balconies and windows, preferably with potted plants. Also enjoys the space between my desktop speakers when they're on.

7. Favorite nap-times: From sunrise to sunset, preferably in the sun by the window, on my bed. She grooms herself vigorously and takes catnaps all day long. Taking occasional breaks to eat, drink and use the litter-box.

8. Favorite play-times: She's nocturnal and hardly sleeps at night. Instead she explores every nook and cranny in her territory, destroys rolls of toilet paper and waits for me wake up.

9. Other notes: Cleo is social, not at all neurotic, quiet and introspective, and still very kitten-like in many ways. First impressions are everything to her, so if she doesn't come to you right away, she probably never will, politely avoiding your every advance. She's not a lap cat but does enjoy curling up every now and then, but never for too long. She will bite you lightly if you don't release her in time. She likes to be petted gently.

http://www.my-image-host.com/out.php/t6951_Cleo2.jpg

Night_wolf
April 24, 2011, 06:17 AM
I love BigCats

Puck
April 24, 2011, 09:04 AM
As you know I have been catless for nearly 18 months now :(

Cleo seems delightful!

Nafi
April 24, 2011, 09:20 AM
I prefer dogs
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

lamisa
April 24, 2011, 10:32 AM
i love cats.that's why i am in love wityh the bd cricket team!

Habib
April 24, 2011, 12:56 PM

:floor:

iDumb
April 24, 2011, 01:47 PM
I had cat before but I had to get rid of them once the the female dog came to my house through marriage. So I will describe her instead of my cat.

[QUOTE=Sohel NR;1334393]

1. Name: I call her "baby". Ex: hey baby edik asho.

2. Gender: Female

3. Breed: Never breeds with me.

4. Favorite food: Eats my heart out

5. Favorite sounds: Her voice at 100 decibals

6. Favorite hang-outs: around my neck.

7. Favorite nap-times: at work. So is up all night so don't let me sleep

8. Favorite play-times: with a co-worker

9. Other notes: space too limited to fit that.

Murad
April 24, 2011, 02:00 PM

Lol

bujhee kom
April 24, 2011, 06:04 PM
Top notch Thread Sohel mama!!! Salaam!

Be right back!

Antora
April 24, 2011, 07:11 PM
cats are cute :) but I like big cats :| if only it was possible to have a tiger as a pet........

Sohel
April 24, 2011, 10:30 PM
There's a little cat inside every tiger and a tiger inside every cat. There's something inherently wild about cats, and that makes them good friends, not servants. We actually become THEIR pets if anything.

@Puck: consider an Abyssinian as your next cat.

Zeeshan
April 24, 2011, 10:53 PM
Cats...especially the fluffy ones are cute by themselves...what definitely is NOT cute is when a (is it a litter? need my 'exaltation' book) ..group of kittens gang up on you as they did in Saudi Arabia when I did my Umrah. I understand that the Prophet loved cats and that's why the Saudis don't like to shoo them away. But there is something really disturbing about you eating your rice and meat out in the open when about 30 to 40 cats (I kid you not) flood in and gather around you. Nuh-uh.

p.s. Hopefully my muslim friends won't take it as a prejudice post. Saudi Arabia had some great peaceful moments but the cat incident left a bad taste on me. :)

Habib
April 24, 2011, 11:52 PM
^Cat gang. Lol.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Isnaad
April 25, 2011, 12:30 AM
If I say I hate cats, my sister is going to make sure I have a horrible week.....so, a forceful-"I love cats!" :saint:

Sohel
April 25, 2011, 08:17 AM
Cats...especially the fluffy ones are cute by themselves...what definitely is NOT cute is when a (is it a litter? need my 'exaltation' book) ..group of kittens gang up on you as they did in Saudi Arabia when I did my Umrah. I understand that the Prophet loved cats and that's why the Saudis don't like to shoo them away. But there is something really disturbing about you eating your rice and meat out in the open when about 30 to 40 cats (I kid you not) flood in and gather around you. Nuh-uh.

p.s. Hopefully my muslim friends won't take it as a prejudice post. Saudi Arabia had some great peaceful moments but the cat incident left a bad taste on me. :)

Nightmarish.

auntu
April 26, 2011, 11:35 AM
[বাংলা]দীর্ঘ ১ যুগ একটি বেড়াল পেলেছিলেম... আজ আর নেই... আহা! আহা![/বাংলা]

Ashfaq
April 26, 2011, 03:45 PM
So, you people love pussies? Who doesn't??

Oh wait, ATMR has a long and publicized history of hating Pussies. Makes a man wonder though...

AsifTheManRahman
April 29, 2011, 08:06 AM
So, you people love pussies? Who doesn't??

Oh wait, ATMR has a long and publicized history of hating Pussies. Makes a man wonder though...
Sissies, not pussies. Don't get your hopes up.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

iDumb
April 29, 2011, 11:05 PM
Sissies, not pussies. Don't get your hopes up.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

I thought you were married. Marriage and bitches go together - not marriage and pussies. The closest to smelling a pussy you will ever get is in bhujee kom's new york apartment.

bujhee kom
April 30, 2011, 01:51 AM
Hahahahha...hahahahha...maratmok Orpheus bheiya!!!

Hold on I am posting all my kitties pictures!!

bujhee kom
April 30, 2011, 01:54 AM
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/picture.php?albumid=3&pictureid=144

Buree...Mrs Pockets!

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/picture.php?albumid=3&pictureid=140

Bhotoo and Motoo!

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/picture.php?albumid=3&pictureid=135

Bhotoo!

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/picture.php?albumid=3&pictureid=136

Buree waiting for dinner!

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/picture.php?albumid=3&pictureid=141

Pagla!

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/picture.php?albumid=3&pictureid=148

Vito Danillkaa Bambino!

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/picture.php?albumid=3&pictureid=146

Babooshkaa and Babur the Magnificant!
Also I know Sohel da it's cat only but I thought of adding this photo of my two rabbits as well.

Sohel
April 30, 2011, 04:10 AM
Cool. Other than Vito Danillkaa Bambino (Siamese or part?) they all seem to have a weight problem like me or Tamim Iqbal :)

Cleo, being part Aby and therefore extremely active, is lean. One thing Cleo does if she's really happy with my cooking: she grooms my beard for at least an hour while I nap. She likes chicken liver boiled with a bit of salt and aromatic herbs.

Rifat
May 3, 2011, 01:58 AM
This is a true story:

Back in the day when i used to live in Bangladesh, we used to have loads of cats in our house(and still do)...our neighbor killed our cat just because the cat did "haga/nature calling" in their backyard..they brutally stoned our cat...our of the saddest day in my life was the day the cat died. the cat used to mean a lot to my sister and me and our family. i used to play cricket with those neighbors, after that day, i never seen their face again! i think Prophet(salAllahu A'laihe wasallam) said in a hadith that whomever is not kind to Allah's creatures, Allah is not kind to him) source??

the story of how cats got into our house: one day a stray cat came into our house. it was hungry, my grandfather(my Allah rests his great soul in Jannah) fed it some milk and rice...soon after the cat started to live with us and afterwords it had babies....and then the rest of the story! Bangladeshi cats are a lot skinnier than American cats...they are very good hunters too(the cat i mentioned above one day hunted a "doyel pakhi")

every time i see Naeem Islam come out to bat, whenever he stretches his hands it reminds me of how a cat stretches his paws :-p(I still believe in Naeem, i still think he is a great batsmen, just going through a tough time at the moment, in the Ireland game World Cup 2011 he did score those vital late order 29 runs...ultimately we won by 27 runs...;))

Thanks Sohel bhai for the thread :)

Bengaliprince176
May 4, 2011, 06:58 AM
what a strange coincidence, last summer we (kinda) adopted a cat, i.e. we feed it (we are the cheap lazy kind of cat lovers), now our big garden has 4 cats wondering around at different times of the day.

1. The main one is called Weedy (by my sister), G-Star (by Ma- she was missing me so named me after the clothes brand), Saurav (by myself of course haha) and O'Malley (by Baba-Aristocats disney!) A very confused cat as you can guess! It's a good looking cat (male?), grey with white streaks. It almost behaves like a dog, follows us on walks(!) and meows loudly and constantly if not let into the kitchen (it's the only one allowed in the house- only the kitchen and conservative).

It likes to roam the kitchen eyeing up the food on the tables, and naps in the conservative and kitchen where I might do some work. He loves milk (although I've read don't feed them too much) and the barbecued chicken and duck which we cook recently in the summer. Sleeps (we think) in the compost part of the garden in the corner, though we still aren't sure if it's a stray or a very nosy neighbour cat lol. Normally only feed it dry snack cat food, but we may start giving more liquid hot food. As you can see, it has taken over our life.

The other three, two are definitely neighbours, Black adolescent girl, likes to bully the grey cat, (flirting??) and a ginger one (don't know much about this one). The last one is an old black one, most likely female. We think it's a stray, very fluffy and dirty and is always seen in the compost heap with the grey one, with whom it shares a good relationship (licking each other and sleep next to each other. Unfortunately she has arthritis, but since I have started to feed it, it seems more eager to explore and looks healthier, though is still pretty dirty. A potential fifth one appeared (once) a slick black tomcat, who scared the **** out of Saurav haha.

The love for cats stems from my father, who bought a stray home, back in Kolkata, who gave birth and suddenly there were 40. My Thada used to go to the market at the end of the day and buy the rotting fish and the leftover rice would be fed with the maach. Maach ar Bhaat, so Bengali!
However, there was a very sad part of the tale, my Pishi got very ill due to some infection from these cats, but thankfully she got better, so she has bad experiences, eventually they were all shooed off or sold, as they caused too much trouble with the neighbours.

It seems the cycle is complete, Kolkata to England!

Brilliant thread Sohel Bhai! V true, the cat chooses you! Now how do I post pictures??

Sohel
May 4, 2011, 10:22 AM
Great to see you back here Ayan! About time too bro. Very cool post BTW.

About posting pics:

1. Click HERE. (http://www.my-image-host.com)

2. Browse and select pics from your computer.

3. Select image size.

4. Select privacy settings.

5. Upload.

6. Copy/paste forum link.

:)

bujhee kom
May 4, 2011, 02:50 PM
Hold on Sohel da, I am coming back with some good talks. Have some questions for you....our Bhalook aka Motoo and Buree groom me for hours ..hold on I will add questions for you...

Sohel da, me and mah wife, we are poor and broke always, we rarely have our own health insurance, but we still try to save our changes and take the babies to the vet somewhat regularly, lately as they are getting very old and a lots of health issues are showing up...

1. On Afrika aka Pgla the white mixed Turkish Angora sitting on the wadrobe is developing a lot of scab over the eyes and neck...always...regularly...I know Buree sometimes beats him up and we scream and break it up...but still the wound could be from her rear claws kicking hard or biting hi neck and face etc. ...I worry if it could be a. ring-worm(a bacteria) or b. manga a skin disorder? he is 12-23 years old.

2. Vito Bambino is a mixed Siamese like you said...they were all rescued/adopted from public shelters in New Orleans or in the city of New York by us over the last 14-15 years. Bambino is like a dog and he is my 24/7 companion....but he and my wife both have serious azhma...he sometimes can not breathe and we have to give him steroid and anti-biotics.

3. Potluck I think has some severe Liver disease...he has cronic I mean cronic massive diarhoea, very stinky, my poor wife feels very embarrassed about any guest ever coming to our apt in new york due to poor Potluck..she worries our apt. stinks all the time...

Our whole place hace has cat vomits hairball and bunny poop all over...our bedroom always have bunny pee..because Pagla uses the bunnies littrebox and then the Babur re4jects the box and goes right on the old wooden floor...we clean it all the time 24/7...our beroom is not very romantic...our bed is always full of either a. bunny poop, b. dry half eaten kibbles, c. hair, d. feline-pine kitty little, powder dust of feline-pine, or e. dry cat vomit and ocassionally f. dry cat poop and I might be sleeping right on top of it with my mouth open, snoaring load and my wife screaming kaka.

hold on I will come back...we have a lot of problems with pour kats.

4. Grandpa Bhotoo...he is almost 18 years old...he can't move much...hold on be right back

bujhee kom
May 4, 2011, 03:09 PM
That is awesome my dear Rifat dosto! Your post made me very happy indeed...And the great Prophet (Allah bless his soul) did indeed say that, Al-Islam talks about taking care of all the animal kingdom, being kind to all living being and all of Allah's creations, and protecting and being compasionate to the ones that otherwise are 'mute' in another words those who cannot complain against another's abuse or wrong doing. Al-Islam talks about being a responsible care-taker of the animals, trees, the land and environment. It talks about how importante it is for us to maintain genuine caring stewardship toward the environment and all the living things(which are all created by Him, the Almighty).... Al-Islam talks about taking care of them as we, humans were given the ability to do so.

Also the great Mahatma Gandhi said in a quote and my wife is a very strong believer of environmetalism and animals rights and dignity and compassion for all living beings, she has this quote by Gandhiji in ouir kitchen, "To my mind, the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being. … I hold that the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man."
Also Mahatma said, "The greatness and its moral progress of a nation can be judged by the way it's animals are treated."

bujhee kom
May 4, 2011, 03:11 PM
That is a great post by my dear Bengali Prince dosto!!! I really loved G-star aka Weedy!!! Hold on I will add more..be right back...

Rifat
May 4, 2011, 09:42 PM
Thank you Bujhee Kom Bhai for your post. and thanks for quoting Mahandas Karamchand Gandhi :)

We have to do our part. We must show kindness, honesty and respect for all despite the fact that many people in this world aren't willing to do so. we must do our part no matter how dark the situation gets.

Bengaliprince176
May 5, 2011, 04:05 AM
http://www.my-image-host.com/out.php/t10219_redweedster.jpg (http://www.my-image-host.com/show.php/10219_redweedster.jpg.html)

Thanks Sohel for the post. Good to be back, busy revising for 2nd year, stressful times, hope your keeping well

Cheers Bujhee Kom, very sad to hear about these health problems. You sound like our family friend. Dunno if you have been to Kolkata or other parts of India, but there's a famous Sweet brand, K.C Das, we know the owner very well, and he has abround 40-50 cats roaming his house and balconies, you can imagine what it was like when we stayed there for a few days!

Sohel
May 8, 2011, 02:10 AM
KCD rocks! Amazing shaundesh and indrani. But Mauroncha(n)d Mishtanno Bhandar right across the street from Dhaka college was the best during the 70s. Plenty of cats there also, none lactose intolerant, obviously.

Puck
May 9, 2011, 06:57 PM
Cats like sweets?!?

bujhee kom
May 9, 2011, 07:46 PM
Arrey dada, KC Das-er mithai ami prochur kheyechi...MorondChand and Sons by Mirpuir Road/Dhaka College...Jolkhabar over at Shantinagar Chourasta...Bograr Dohi...Brahmanbariara ChanaMookhi...Comillar RoshoMolai....Rajbarir Shondesh eto mishti kheyechi je ami ekhon Diebetics-e niomito bhugchi dadas!

Narindar Pattise, Lalbagher Bakhorkhani + bhuna jhole...

+ Moghbazar-er more/Chourasta/Rail-crossing kerosine bhaja Mora Murgir Run/leg bhaja + Mughlai omlet prochur kheyechi go dadas!

Rumz_01
May 13, 2011, 09:22 AM
I want a cat.. :(

Mum refuses to let me have one... sad times!

Ace of BD
May 14, 2011, 03:17 AM
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) had a kitten :)
I would want to keep a kitten too in future