PDA

View Full Version : Pet peeves?

Zeeshan
April 24, 2011, 07:22 PM
- urging everything to be compiled under so called "official threads" which prevents from getting daily scoop of news in headlines
- cyclists that come out of bike lanes...or feels road belongs to them
- not getting girls # :-|
- not understanding maths
- the infamous 'scrawling blackboard with nails'
- noisy vacuum or blow dryers on sunny morning
- too hot chinese/japanese wok foods
- toilet seat up
- cloudy days!!
- text speak tpyos or......too many posts....written.....in.....ellipsis...like this...or in lowercases
- iDumb's wife leaving early saying she left her stove open when i go: fine let the ba---rd burn to hell, when she goes "chih! gunah hobe to!"

Zeeshan
April 24, 2011, 07:24 PM
Google search save for some:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pet_peeve

Sohel
April 24, 2011, 10:40 PM
-The way Indians, Pakistanis, Sri Lankans and Athar Ali Khan confuse their "V's and "W"s and treat their "R"s as silent. Turning their "O"s into "AU"s is also infuriating. Another good oWah from Balaji. He likes to play in the "Wee". Good running between the Viked. Are you shAU it was a fAU?

- The way we confuse our "Z"s and "J"s. BraJil and ArZentina.

- The way we romanize our [বাংলা]ভ[/বাংলা] or "BH" with a "V".

- Writing "balling" instead of "bowling" and "loose" instead of "lose".

- The way some BC members, usually NRBs, take strong position of prospects based on their numbers alone, without actually seeing those players with their own eyes.

- Barely concealed sectarianism.

- Making religion integral to their online vanity.

- The way I post my comments without reading the words first, and then going back to edit what I've posted.

Zunaid
April 24, 2011, 10:54 PM
People posting pet peeves

Ajfar
April 24, 2011, 10:59 PM
that annoying noise you get when you rub white foams

Zeeshan
April 24, 2011, 10:59 PM
People posting pet peeves

Not this (http://www.webdevrefinery.com/forums/topic/5865-nerdy-pet-peeves/)?

Bancan
April 24, 2011, 11:23 PM
When an Indian person comes up to me and starts speaking in Hindi or Punjabi without even asking if I speak the language. Working in retail means I get this twice a day.

Sohel
April 24, 2011, 11:28 PM
When an Indian person comes up to me and starts speaking in Hindi or Punjabi without even asking if I speak the language. Working in retail means I get this twice a day.

You should do what my late father (RIP) used to do, respond in Bangla :)

Zunaid
April 24, 2011, 11:35 PM
On a less flippant note, a particularly galling peeve that annoys the heck out of me here on BC are the cricket malapropisms, some of which Sohel already referred to earlier.

The baller balled the ball and took away the off stamp.

Ajfar
April 25, 2011, 12:00 AM
I hate when I tell people I'm from BD and they tell me some negetive fact about BD. This brazilian girl one time told me oh did you know your coutry is one of the most corrupted country in the world. I'm like nah ahhhhh I had no idea, thank you so much for telling me.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Zeeshan
April 25, 2011, 12:03 AM

Yeah that one too. And then their jaw drops and says with the most astounded expression: "You don't speak Urdu/Hindi? :wow: "

iDumb
April 25, 2011, 12:05 AM
Things that annoy me:
1. My wife's possessiveness, jealousy and double standards.
2. prostitutes that want to be respected.
3. people that are not on time.
4. These people when they seat next to me in train: morbidly obese, dirty clothes/bums, girls that are too beautiful that I become conscious about my stature.
5. people's show of affection in public
6. people spitting, coughing
7. people not saying thank you after I hold the door for them - this one kills me because I did something for someone that deserves to have the door slammed in their face.

there are much more..

Zeeshan
April 25, 2011, 12:06 AM
I hate when I tell people I'm from BD and they tell me some negetive fact about BD. This brazilian girl one time told me oh did you know your coutry is one of the most corrupted country in the world. I'm like nah ahhhhh I had no idea, thank you so much for telling me.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Dude, I find it offensive that even after living here for like 10 years some Asian/Mexican guy would be like: "So where are you from?" with an authoritative air that just because they are here for 2 years longer than me makes them less of a fob.

And at another occasion one of my prof. of a foreign ethnicity out of nowhere asked: "So where are you from?"

It's one thing to make small talks but it's another to ask it in a tone as that the guy must be new to this country to make mistake or not know anything.

iDumb
April 25, 2011, 12:06 AM
i share with you the screeching sound of foam, cardboard cutting, hard breaks on truck, train.. chalk writing on board. Those noises drives me crazy.

al Furqaan
April 25, 2011, 12:21 AM
- Writing "balling" instead of "bowling" and "loose" instead of "lose".

its because girls who "lose" their virginity earlier tend also to become "loose" earlier.

al Furqaan
April 25, 2011, 12:23 AM
my list:

1) the way cricinfo people always post things in Urdu/Hindi as if those languages are the best ones on earth and as if all cricket fans understand it.

2) people who have double standards (doesn't apply to me though).

Zunaid
April 25, 2011, 12:34 AM
Dude, I find it offensive that even after living here for like 10 years some Asian/Mexican guy would be like: "So where are you from?" with an authoritative air that just because they are here for 2 years longer than me makes them less of a fob.

And at another occasion one of my prof. of a foreign ethnicity out of nowhere asked: "So where are you from?"

It's one thing to make small talks but it's another to ask it in a tone as that the guy must be new to this country to make mistake or not know anything.

I always respond, "I'm not sure if you've heard of it. Austin. Austin, Texas".

Ajfar
April 25, 2011, 01:07 AM

Bhai from now on give the usual BK bhai response, 'Dhaka Mental Hospital'
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Nafi
April 25, 2011, 06:56 AM
Things I am annoyed by

Intolerance of dogs in muslim culture

Hootki (dried fish), the odour is paralysing

Parents telling me to come home early, when they really wouldn't care if I came home late

Bengali girls in the UK: they act all silly and stupid, incredibly naïve about mature topics, because of their conservative up bringing and they compensates by making non-sensical, crude dirty jokes. The main reason, I've never been interested in a bengali chick.

University residence halls being so far away from campus, thank God I'n moving closer next semester.

<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Antora
April 25, 2011, 07:31 PM
1) People who chew their food with their mouth open and really loudly!
2) people who blow their nose during a test/exam/ when other people are eating/- is it really that hard to go outside? far out!
3)people who don't clean their eyes properly
4) people, especially in Bangladesh spitting on the ground :S
5) Random Indian fobs checking you out then speaking to you in hindi , as soon as I say I'm Bangladeshi therefore don't speak hindi- they grease me off and walk away :S
6) oh oh oh! and Indian/Bangladeshi/sri Lankan men not using body spray .... :|

Antora
April 25, 2011, 07:32 PM
You should do what my late father (RIP) used to do, respond in Bangla :)

LOL , so gonna do that next time :P

ammark
April 25, 2011, 07:56 PM
i share with you the screeching sound of foam, cardboard cutting, hard breaks on truck, train.. chalk writing on board. Those noises drives me crazy.

pussy!

ammark
April 26, 2011, 04:51 AM
When emotional exuberance+hyperinflated egos trumps rational+calculated decisionmaking!

Sohel
April 26, 2011, 05:19 AM
^Sounds like one of our "national characteristics" ...

Naimul_Hd
April 26, 2011, 05:45 AM
- when people shout their heart out talking on mobile phone specially in bus, train.
- when peeps listen to music at high volumes without anyone else knowing the volume.

ammark
April 26, 2011, 06:07 AM
^Sounds like one of our "national characteristics" ...

My ordeal on said note is more on the domestic front. I'm inclined to blanketly paint all subcontinental females with that brush!

Sohel
April 26, 2011, 06:13 AM
My ordeal on said note is more on the domestic front.

Sorry to hear that bro. That particular front is often littered with painfully haphazard decisions taken during unstable moments of great euphoria, depression or indignation.