PDA

View Full Version : Which is Free Anti-Virus software is best?

bdmoderator
April 30, 2011, 09:34 AM
Which free anti-virus software is best?

For for your choice! Or suggest another.

Jonas
April 30, 2011, 09:37 AM
For Windows 7 and Vista, I recommend Microsoft Security Essentials. I have been using it for the last 18 months with zero issues. MSE + Windows Firewall + User Account Control + a little common sense = Malware-free system.

bdmoderator
April 30, 2011, 09:38 AM
Thanks Jonas.

Ashfaq
April 30, 2011, 03:38 PM
For a smooth PC experience, no one anti virus is good enough. Personally, I use MSE with MBAM and some assorted rootkit scanner. So far so good.

Habib
April 30, 2011, 03:52 PM
Microsoft security essentials without a doubt.
Here's another suggestion: Use Ubuntu as your OS, if you are not a pc gamer. Much safer than Windows.

bdmoderator
May 1, 2011, 11:24 AM
Avast And AVG is not that much good. I have to try MSE.

Thanks Habib Bhai for your valuable suggestion. I will try it on my netbook. :-)

roman
May 1, 2011, 05:10 PM
I tried Avast, wasnt impressed. MSE sounds like a deal...

mac
May 1, 2011, 05:31 PM
MSE.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

ialbd
May 1, 2011, 05:47 PM
MSE knows windows the best....

Dilscoop
May 2, 2011, 12:11 AM
MSE, by FAR

Zunaid
May 2, 2011, 12:28 AM
MSE, by FAR

I had used both many different paid and free AV software in the past - AVG, Avast, Kaspersky, McAfee, Symantec et al and now on my windows laptop just use MSE - low memory and cpu hog and very unobtrusive. I am also a savvy user so have never had a virus infection so YMMV.

Dilscoop
May 2, 2011, 02:24 AM
I had used both many different paid and free AV software in the past - AVG, Avast, Kaspersky, McAfee, Symantec et al and now on my windows laptop just use MSE - low memory and cpu hog and very unobtrusive. I am also a savvy user so have never had a virus infection so YMMV.

I have used McAfee, it just slowed my comp down BIG time. Also used Norton, while ago, so can't comment on that.

Sovik
May 5, 2011, 04:27 PM
I am using MSE with MBAM

Rubu
May 5, 2011, 05:51 PM
For Windows 7 and Vista, I recommend Microsoft Security Essentials. I have been using it for the last 18 months with zero issues. MSE + Windows Firewall + User Account Control + a little common sense = Malware-free system.

= Say good bye to your freedom on your PC.

Or you can have avast, and it will do the same without the annoyance of the windows tools.

Zunaid
May 5, 2011, 06:20 PM

Or you can have avast, and it will do the same without the annoyance of the windows tools.

Only if you don't know what you are doing. I am very strong OS-agnostic and have dual boot Ubuntu and Windows on my machine and we also have couple of macbook pros in the house.

As I indicated earlier, I have used a wide variety of AV tools and now use MSE. I deal with ZERO annoyance - this is an extremely unobtrusive and small footprint software. So just because it comes from MS doesn't mean you have to hate it.

After the debacle that was Vista, MS did do an excellent job with Windows 7 and I have no complaints.

cat "contrary opinion" > /dev/null

Bancan
May 5, 2011, 06:25 PM

Lol this post is a lie.

bdmoderator
May 18, 2011, 12:57 PM
After posting this topic & poll, after getting opinions, I started using MSE and it's simply the Best I think. Cause I used the other free anti-viruses. But they have different problems. But I still didn't faced any problem after using MSE. MSE Rocks! \\m//

Beamer
May 18, 2011, 01:01 PM
AVG for me.

Banglaguy
May 18, 2011, 01:54 PM
One thing you should never do... Download Anti-Malware doctor... My sister did, the retard.