PDA

View Full Version : Osama Bin Laden is dead

Pages : [1] 2

Bancan
May 1, 2011, 09:56 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13256676

Al-Qaeda founder and leader Osama Bin Laden is dead, according to US media reports citing officials.

The US is in possession of Bin Laden's body, the reports say. President Barack Obama is due to make a statement shortly.

Mr Bin Laden is top of the US most wanted list.

He is accused of being behind a number of atrocities, including the attacks on New York and Washington on 11 September 2001.

Lets see how ugly this thread gets.

Akib
May 1, 2011, 09:58 PM
Well I'm happy, though I wish he were captured.

Isnaad
May 1, 2011, 10:01 PM
Can we now please have an end to the Afghanistan war? No, because USA won't let go so easily...

Bancan
May 1, 2011, 10:07 PM
Can we now please have an end to the Afghanistan war? No, because USA won't let go so easily...

It hasnt been about Osama for about 10 years now.

Akib
May 1, 2011, 10:07 PM
Apparantly he was killed in a mansion outside Islamabad...

Bancan
May 1, 2011, 10:11 PM

Pakistan proving once again how its a terrorist haven.

Zeeshan
May 1, 2011, 10:18 PM
Gadum gudum gadum.

Zunaid
May 1, 2011, 10:21 PM
Burn in hell. You killed my friends.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

roman
May 1, 2011, 10:21 PM
now that they ran out of "excuses", will they stop the war any time soon?

Zunaid
May 1, 2011, 10:23 PM
What ****ing excuses?

Zunaid
May 1, 2011, 10:24 PM
Let us not glorify evil by your distaste for the US.

Zeeshan
May 1, 2011, 10:25 PM
Lets see how ugly this thread gets.

Alors...

Bancan
May 1, 2011, 10:26 PM
This thread will inevitably turn anti US and pro 9-11 conspiracy theory soon enough.

But anyway. This guy was a scum. He was evil and not a muslim. Eff him.

Bonglababu
May 1, 2011, 10:27 PM
Is this a game-changer for Obama? Will he gain some psychological momentum now?

Bancan
May 1, 2011, 10:29 PM
The al-Qaeda leader was killed in a ground operation in a mansion outside Islamabad in an operation based on US intelligence, reports said.

BBCNEWS.

Seriously Pakistan. Step the fudge up.

roman
May 1, 2011, 10:30 PM
^@ Zunaid Vai...true.And I am glad that finally he got what he deserved..But all these wars hasnt been all about Osama. But thats a different issue and lets not talk about this. At least not in here...

Bancan
^ true.And I am glad that finally he got what he deserved..But all these wars hasnt been all about Osama. But thats a different issue and lets not talk about this. At least not in here...

Yea. Thanks.

Akib
BBCNEWS.

Seriously Pakistan. Step the fudge up.

They say that the Pakistani intelligence forces helped out... Not sure if it makes up for him being housed in a MANSION outside the capital...

Zunaid
May 1, 2011, 10:32 PM
^@ Zunaid Vai...true.And I am glad that finally he got what he deserved..But all these wars hasnt been all about Osama. But thats a different issue and lets not talk about this. At least not in here...

Agree, thanks.

Bancan
May 1, 2011, 10:33 PM
They say that the Pakistani intelligence forces helped out... Not sure if it makes up for him being housed in a MANSION outside the capital...

Probably the same forces that hid him.

Bonglababu
May 1, 2011, 10:34 PM
Still I believe, Obama will flunk next year.

Zunaid
May 1, 2011, 10:41 PM
Still I believe, Obama will flunk next year.

How is that relevant. Please do not derail this thread.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Bonglababu
May 1, 2011, 10:43 PM
Sorry, Boss. Bhul hoye gese.

ialbd
May 1, 2011, 10:48 PM
Strong speech by Obama... made very clear about where America stands now...

shakibrulz
May 1, 2011, 10:49 PM
Thank **** for that. Any proof shown yet?

Bonglababu
May 1, 2011, 10:52 PM
"We must also reaffirm that United states is not and will never be at war against Islam. Bin Laden was not a Muslim leader, in fact, he slaughtered many Muslims," Obama said.

A US source told the Reuters news agency that bin Laden had been killed in a house outside Islamabad in a US operation. His body is apparently in the possession of the US.

Qais Azimy, Al Jazeera's correspondent in Kabul, said that Afghan officials have confirmed that bin Laden had died and that his body was with the United States.

Thank **** for that. Any proof shown yet?

source: http://english.aljazeera.net/news/americas/2011/05/2011522132275789.html

Zunaid
May 1, 2011, 10:53 PM
This was a bit personal for me. I had lost friends at the WTC.

HereWeGo
May 1, 2011, 10:55 PM
Time to celebrate...
Hope he is still punished in Afterlife, punishment for 3000 lives can clearly not be the same as punishment for 1 life....

You reap what you sow (meant for Pakistan)........ Get ready for decades of hell....

Akib
May 1, 2011, 10:55 PM
"We must also reaffirm that United states is not and will never be at war against Islam. Bin Laden was not a Muslim leader, in fact, he slaughtered many Muslims," Obama said.

A US source told the Reuters news agency that bin Laden had been killed in a house outside Islamabad in a US operation. His body is apparently in the possession of the US.

Qais Azimy, Al Jazeera's correspondent in Kabul, said that Afghan officials have confirmed that bin Laden had died and that his body was with the United States.

source: http://english.aljazeera.net/news/americas/2011/05/2011522132275789.html

That fact that he and his friends killed so many muslims seems to be missed by most people, so I'm happy that Obama mentioned it. The majority of innocent casualties since the war on terror began have been muslims, and I would say most of those were killed by Osama and co.

cricman
May 1, 2011, 11:04 PM

Mountains? What Mountains?

He was Watching the Cricket World Cup just like everyone here.

CIA (under Bush) probably thought he was dead, Bush lost his focus, went on to Iraq for personal and economic reasons.

Obama got done in 2 years, what Bush couldn't do in 7.

Small part of me wished

a) He was taken Alive

b) Obama didn't announce it

Bancan
May 1, 2011, 11:06 PM
It would have been better if he was taken alive. I would have like to hear from him.

Zeeshan
May 1, 2011, 11:08 PM
This thread is like every thread openers dream come true. Congrats Bancan.

Zeeshan
May 1, 2011, 11:09 PM

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Boss you have every reason to be; and not just 'bit'. Admins != robot

cricman
May 1, 2011, 11:10 PM
May 1, 1945: Hitler confirmed dead. May 1, 2011: Bin Laden confirmed dead.

Sohel
May 1, 2011, 11:12 PM

Me too.

shakibrulz
May 1, 2011, 11:13 PM

Thanks. To hear that he was living in a mansion in Pakistan is shocking.

Sohel
May 1, 2011, 11:13 PM
From hell on earth to eternal damnation: this is what happens when Theocentricity is replaced by Egocentricity, we think GOD needs us to do His bidding, and as His self-styled intermediaries we enter a prohibited partnership with GOD. We convolute, pervert and transgress His clear commandments in His name and actually expect some sort of reward in this world and the hereafter.

Fair warning to anyone who makes religion a part of his/her vanity.

Ajfar
May 1, 2011, 11:15 PM
That's some crazy coincidence. Thanks for that little stat Cricman.

The world is definitely a better place without him.

Bonglababu
May 1, 2011, 11:17 PM
Actually as far as I am listening to the live broadcast, he was probably cajoled/persuaded to go there and Pakistani military agents gave important tips to the US counterparts on that. Pakistani helicopter was also involved in the operation.
Thanks. To hear that he was living in a mansion in Pakistan is shocking.

cricman
May 1, 2011, 11:17 PM
This also Happened on 5/1/2003, so maybe the worst is yet to come

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/images/1030-02.jpg

NoName
May 1, 2011, 11:21 PM
Good riddance.

Naimul_Hd
May 1, 2011, 11:26 PM
He was never alive !

cricket_pagol
May 1, 2011, 11:26 PM
This is a day of celebration. This will bring closure to the horrors of 9/11, especially for people who lost their loved ones in 9/11.

Bancan
May 1, 2011, 11:30 PM
It is absolutely ridiculous how stupid some of the people( mostly muslims and bengali ones) are.

Everything is americas fault and Osama is a hero.

Dilscoop
May 1, 2011, 11:31 PM
U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! O-BA-MA! O-BA-MA!

Awesome, AWESOME speech by our President. Covered every bit of angle. :notworthy::notworthy: :clap::clap::applause:

Not only they killed Osama, but they also kicked some Republican asses. **** YOU TRUMP. This is PWNED# 2 in last 10 days. You can go eff around and talk crap, while Obama was kicking some major *** out there.

Dilscoop
May 1, 2011, 11:34 PM
Good day for Americans. Proud day for Americans.

Btw, he was killed a WEEK ago, they had to wait for confirmation.

They are blind and brainwash. And they make rest of the Muslims look bad.

Like Obama said, this was not a war against ISLAM. Fellow Muslims should be proud of this just as much as the rest of the world

Bancan
May 1, 2011, 11:34 PM
U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! O-BA-MA! O-BA-MA!

Awesome, AWESOME speech by our President. Covered every bit of angle. :notworthy::notworthy: :clap::clap::applause:

Not only they killed Osama, but they also kicked some Republican asses. **** YOU TRUMP. This is PWNED# 2 in last 10 days. You can go eff around and talk crap, while Obama was kicking some major *** out there.

Obama is still a crappy president. US politics is broken.

Dilscoop
May 1, 2011, 11:36 PM
That's a totally different topic, but I will just ask, was Bush any better? He was worse, and Obama had to fix all Bush's **** ups.

roman
May 1, 2011, 11:38 PM
It is absolutely ridiculous how stupid some of the people( mostly muslims and bengali ones) are.

so unfortunate..lack of education plays a vital role here..
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

Bancan
May 1, 2011, 11:39 PM
That's a totally different topic, but I will just ask, was Bush any better? He was worse, and Obama had to fix all Bush's **** ups.

I dont want to derail the thread cause Zunaid Uncle will get mad.

Obama is better than Bush. But that doesnt make him a good president. I personally just think that Obama had promise but failed.

roman
May 1, 2011, 11:43 PM

i feel your pain brother. My brother in law used to work at the first building that got hit. Luckily that day he over slept. he went through hell...
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

Dilscoop
May 1, 2011, 11:45 PM
That partly happened because, like I said, he was held back by previous skipper's messes, that he is having to fix. But this mission was at the top of his list, and he did it within 2 years. Without messing up and invading other countries and killing other innocents for 8 years like Bush was.

Just wait and see, he might just keep all his promises, if he gets all 8 years.

Dilscoop
May 1, 2011, 11:46 PM
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YVlqvM7sXaw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Those who missed

PoorFan
May 1, 2011, 11:57 PM
Finally the evil spirit that caused millions of spirits dead and wounded all over the world, the loss and wounds of innocent souls will not end just yet. But as expected finally the evil was found and killed in Pakistan, in the heart of Pakistan, it just shows poor Pakistani peoples future has been fallen in wrong hands, wrong system. Long bloody struggle waits for Pakistan I guess, sooner they wake up is better.

roman
May 2, 2011, 12:01 AM
Thanx for the video Dilscoop....

Isnaad
May 2, 2011, 12:06 AM
Definitely this is an awesome news! But now, I want the end of the war....seriously! I am tired of Muslims being harassed all over the world. Well finally I hope there is a change......I really do hope for a massive change....
And too bad Osama thought of going to Heaven through all his activities.........Any doubt that he is going to Hell now?

Ajfar
May 2, 2011, 12:11 AM
via Twitter: Osama bin Laden dead. Or is he? Trump demands to see death certificate. LOL

PoorFan
May 2, 2011, 12:12 AM
Thanks for the video.

AsifTheManRahman
May 2, 2011, 12:28 AM
via Twitter: Osama bin Laden dead. Or is he? Trump demands to see death certificate. LOL
Knowing Obama, he will respond with this:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px;">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OA68id3Vt68?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

AsifTheManRahman
May 2, 2011, 12:34 AM
For those who don't understand the Lion King reference, 2:25 onwards please:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H1unuqKjsRk?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H1unuqKjsRk?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

shakibrulz
May 2, 2011, 12:34 AM
Check this out: http://twitter.com/#!/GhostOsama

:floor:

Zeeshan
May 2, 2011, 12:38 AM
For those who don't understand the Lion King reference, 2:25 onwards please:
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px;"></object>

lol @ having to explain the joke...

Ajfar
May 2, 2011, 12:43 AM
Check this out: http://twitter.com/#!/GhostOsama

:floor:

LOL. People are way too creative these days.

The hitler tweet is pretty funny

AsifTheManRahman
May 2, 2011, 12:44 AM
lol @ having to explain the joke...
This is after all a Bangladeshi forum, a sense of humor doesn't come naturally to many.

New thread idea: To bash Pakistan for harvesting the world's "greatest" terrorist or to commend its intelligence for aiding the investigation?

Zeeshan
May 2, 2011, 12:48 AM
This is after all a Bangladeshi forum, a sense of humor doesn't come naturally to many.

New thread idea: To bash Pakistan for harvesting the world's "greatest" terrorist or to commend its intelligence for aiding the investigation?

True. I wasn't aware of the roast and was about to blurt out 'racist!' :)

Sohel
May 2, 2011, 12:49 AM
The sarc/humor related golden rule here: shoot low!

Ajfar
May 2, 2011, 12:51 AM
I can't believe the guy was chilling in a mansion all along. He was probably getting ready to make his move to Peshwar, to go play in that cricket league.

godzilla
May 2, 2011, 12:55 AM
Still waiting for the body picture/video to see. Atleast one less hitler walks among us

Rabz
May 2, 2011, 01:02 AM
Good news.
So whats now on the War of Terror ???

Zunaid
May 2, 2011, 01:10 AM
Terrorists still thrive. The battle goes on.

Miraz
May 2, 2011, 02:18 AM
Good work by Obama administration. I hope he was captured alive and interrogated to get the key information.

This is an end. Hopefully this will end violence against innocents everywhere in the world.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Rabz
May 2, 2011, 04:36 AM
^^ This will end nothing.
Neither the dumbwit virgin seekers would stop blowing themselves off in the middle of a mosque, nor the blood thirsty power hungry attention seeking oil lovers would stop 'finding' new destinations to test their latest stealth bombers.

auntu
May 2, 2011, 05:25 AM
As bin laden was killed by US troops.... he would be used as martyr by al qaeda... it would be great if he was captured....

auntu
May 2, 2011, 05:33 AM
http://web6.twitpic.com/img/289312602-2f83f1392438be6f8523824d63c97ddf.4dbe87a8-full.jpg
Mistake by Fox news...

Sakib
May 2, 2011, 05:33 AM
hmm interesting...

goru
May 2, 2011, 05:42 AM
Honestly, I wish they had not announced this. They should have just claimed that they didn't find anyone important in the compound and gotten rid of the body / any evidence quietly.

We all know that Osama's death does not change a damn thing. If anything, it makes it worse. Now everyone is gonna be on high alert, and I'm sure reprisals are coming.

Of course, Obama has his own reasons... there's already news footage going around the world with people chanting "4 more years."

Anyway, I don't understand how Osama & co. could be so stupid... they did everything wrong with this hideout. High walls with barbed wires. Burning Trash. No phone or Internet lines. All the things you shouldn't do if you are trying to be inconspicuous. And also, you have to wonder how it took this long for someone to notice...

Akib
May 2, 2011, 06:44 AM
May 1, 1945: Hitler confirmed dead. May 1, 2011: Bin Laden confirmed dead.

They can celebrate that particular anniversary together....

Thanks for that fact :)

Ajfar
May 2, 2011, 07:28 AM
^ I bet the Government waited until May 1st to do this, just to screw with our minds.

Nafi
May 2, 2011, 07:51 AM
Right under their nose the whole time

If anything this proves how amateurish the us/pak intelligence forces are.

If he was hiding in bangladesh, he would have been routed out long ago
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Rabz
May 2, 2011, 08:30 AM
^^ You think the pakis/us didnt know this ??

Timing is very important.

Nafi
May 2, 2011, 08:38 AM
Buried at sea, you're kidding me. No proof of the body. This is all to dirty/fishy.

Akib
May 2, 2011, 09:00 AM
I can understand why they buried it at sea. They'd rather not have a shrine grow around his burial place.

We probably will have to wait for images or something to leak (the one thats slowly circling the interwebz is a fake apparantly)

roman
May 2, 2011, 09:59 AM
Buried at sea, you're kidding me. No proof of the body. This is all to dirty/fishy.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
I dont understand that part either. A picture of his dead body will explain the obscurity....

Nasif
May 2, 2011, 11:02 AM
http://www.npr.org/

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2011/05/02/030511binladenhellcl_custom.jpg?t=1304334923&s=4

Dilscoop
May 2, 2011, 11:29 AM
http://web6.twitpic.com/img/289312602-19636f674bc0d5287c5206998dcc3289.4dbedc08-full.jpg

Fox done it again!

AsifTheManRahman
May 2, 2011, 11:55 AM
Megatron was buried at sea too and we all know how that ended. I'm worried now.

ialbd
May 2, 2011, 11:58 AM
A picture of his dead body will explain the obscurity....

there is one very poorly photoshopped one out on the web so far (but ppl are already on a 'sharing' spree on that... )

Zunaid
May 2, 2011, 12:06 PM

Classic. Bravo.

roman
May 2, 2011, 12:17 PM
www.banglanews24.com (http://www.banglanews24.com) has a picture of his dead body....

Rabz
May 2, 2011, 12:19 PM

Dont worry.
The good guys always win.

Umm...
Who is the good guy again ??

AsifTheManRahman
May 2, 2011, 12:20 PM
The PM has sent across the right message: http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=1df728af01ada2c39964d06571598 01f&nttl=2011050238596&toppos=2

Puck
May 2, 2011, 12:37 PM
It feels apt.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnQ8N1KacJc

auntu
May 2, 2011, 12:51 PM
May be he was house arrested n later killed...! Who knows!

How it's gonna help Obama administration to take the eyes from the economic probe to something eye catchy?

auntu
May 2, 2011, 12:55 PM
[বাংলা]এ ব্যাপারে প্রধানমন্ত্রী শেখ হাসিনা মন্তব্য করেন, ‘আল কায়দা নেতা ওসামা বিন লাদেন শান্তিপ্রিয় মুসলমানদের বিশ্বের কাছে সন্ত্রাসী বানিয়েছে।‘

প্রধানমন্ত্রী আরো বলেন, ‘লাদেন মারা গেছে, কিন্তু তার আগে সে গোটা মুসলমান সম্প্রদায়ের ভাবমূর্তির ক্ষতি করে গেছে।’[/বাংলা]

[বাংলা] (http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=1df728af01ada2c39964d06571598 01f&nttl=2011050238596)সুত্রঃ (http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=1df728af01ada2c39964d06571598 01f&nttl=2011050238596)[/বাংলা]
[বাংলা]
প্রধানমন্ত্রীর এই কথার সাথে একমত। [/বাংলা]

Murad
May 2, 2011, 01:01 PM
Is he really dead??

AsifTheManRahman
May 2, 2011, 01:07 PM
Is he really dead??
Was Megatron really dead?

Murad
May 2, 2011, 01:13 PM

Lol. Ei jonnei to ask korlam. Jodi body dekhaito tahole believe kortam.

Mahmood
May 2, 2011, 01:19 PM
6 Navy seals went in, 22 killed, no casualty.

I bet Chuck Noris led the assault.

Well done!

roman
May 2, 2011, 02:07 PM
Is he really dead??

politics is a dirty game my brothers...But for the time being lets hope that he is really dead. We Muslims suffered a lot because of him....

simon
May 2, 2011, 02:15 PM
mara jawar agey LAden Muslim der bhabmurti noshto korechey botey,kintu pashapashi USA/ENG der muslim desh gulo te dhokar ekta shujog o kore diyeche.
Anyway,wish he was caught long time ago instead of this 10 yr pain.

Nasif
May 2, 2011, 02:16 PM
6 Navy seals went in, 22 killed, no casualty.

I bet Chuck Noris led the assault.

Well done!

I think it was Rajnikant!
http://kasepu.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/rajnikanth.jpg

Zeeshan
May 2, 2011, 02:20 PM

I like Megan Fox!

Dilscoop
May 2, 2011, 02:53 PM
www.banglanews24.com (http://www.banglanews24.com) has a picture of his dead body....

wow! Ind BD and Pak medias. BIG TIME FAIL. No journalistic integrity.

That pic is fake and has been around for YEARS now. Plust, no picture of Bin Laden's dead body has leaked yet.

Dilscoop
May 2, 2011, 02:54 PM
I am sorry but did everyone miss the typo on Fox report??? you losers =P

Sakib
May 2, 2011, 03:01 PM
people who are questioning laden's death, please stop being so gullible. america and obama confirmed it and that should be enough. do you think obama did it for political gain? do you think today america shouldn't be proud of their military prowess that took only 10 years to kill osama? hell yeah, they better be. once again, please do yourself a favor and stop being naive. when america says something, you listen and accept. just like we did when they told us iraq got nuclear and wmd. because WE BELIEVE!

Dilscoop
May 2, 2011, 03:12 PM
^^ To add to that, those who are calling America "Power Hungry", I here by quote the great man Obama:

The cause of securing our country is not complete. But tonight, we are once again reminded that America can do whatever we set our mind to. That is the story of our history, whether it’s the pursuit of prosperity for our people, or the struggle for equality for all our citizens; our commitment to stand up for our values abroad, and our sacrifices to make the world a safer place.

Let us remember that we can do these things not just because of wealth or power, but because of who we are: one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

goru
May 2, 2011, 03:36 PM
I like Megan Fox!

I like turtles!

goru
May 2, 2011, 03:41 PM
That pic is fake and has been around for YEARS now.

You also have to wonder if they are just plain blind... it doesn't take more than 2 seconds to see what a horrible photoshop job that is.

Ajfar
May 2, 2011, 03:49 PM
Holy **** who is this Rebecca Black person!

http://twitter.com/#!/ghostosama

Dilscoop I think your link's broken. Did you mean to post this picture?

http://web6.twitpic.com/img/289312602-fef4e4a168c9c91f0392cc3f35a79edb.4dbf1b50-full.jpg

simon
May 2, 2011, 04:06 PM
^^my god :lol:

Dilscoop
May 2, 2011, 04:29 PM
^^ Yes Sy that's the pic. I was surprised that no one was laughing at it. Thanks

You also have to wonder if they are just plain blind... it doesn't take more than 2 seconds to see what a horrible photoshop job that is.
Wonder what goes through their mind. "umm I google, 'dead body of Osama bin Laden'" "JACKPOT"

Haru-party
May 2, 2011, 04:32 PM
I DONT KNOW why everyone is blaming pakistan. who created all the terrorist groups in pak-afghan border? it was USA to use them against soviet. Laden was a CIA agent. but i'm very very happy that hes dead. muslim world hv got rid of a curse. now i hope they wont stage another inside job like 9/11 to kill muslims. oh i forgot they have got libiya already.

Naimul_Hd
May 2, 2011, 06:03 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/222751_2035722973487_1256587548_32464451_494671_n. jpg

HereWeGo
May 2, 2011, 06:20 PM
I DONT KNOW why everyone is blaming pakistan. who created all the terrorist groups in pak-afghan border? it was USA to use them against soviet. Laden was a CIA agent. but i'm very very happy that hes dead. muslim world hv got rid of a curse. now i hope they wont stage another inside job like 9/11 to kill muslims. oh i forgot they have got libiya already.

Laden was never a CIA agent. Dont talk like the brainwashed Pakistanis. CIA (USA) helped the guerilla fighters that fought to liberate Afghanistan. The same way that India armed the mukti bahini. Now if afer liberation some of Mukti bahini soilders decide to rob a bank, it doesnt mean that RAW armed them to rob a bank....

Now back to Pakistan and why it should be blamed :
1) Pakistan supported the terrorist government of the Taliban and was the biggest trading partner even after all the opression that was committed against the women by the taliban
2) Pakistan used some of these mujahideens to terrorise Kashmir and fight a war there.
3) ISI has deep links with the taliban, I am not saying it based on here say, just search Hamid gul (former ISI chief) interviews on youtube.
4) An ISI was identified to be responsible for bombing the Indian embassy at Kabul
5) Bin Laden was residing in a house for a long time in an area surrounded by key Military installations.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Zunaid
May 2, 2011, 06:39 PM
Yeah. I cannot begin to fathom how people can people be so brainwashed by hate mongers to to even countenance the conspiracy theory of a 9/11 inside job. But there are loonies on all sides - from those who believe in these conspiracy theories, alien abductions, Obama's Kenyan birth, faked moon landing, OMG see who clicked on your profile on FB and what not. Sad really.

AsifTheManRahman
May 2, 2011, 06:58 PM
At the end of the day, nothing is more valuable than innocent lives, be it American, Afghan, Iraqi, Christian, Jewish or Muslim. No one wins in a war - be it led by the US government or by the Al-Qaeda. If I were American, pulling troops out and ending the war (well, that and universal health care, no matter how amateurish initially) alone would be good enough for me to vote for Obama.

As far as I'm concerned, when innocent people are dying, no one gains anything no matter what the media, governments or terrorist organizations will lead you to believe.

AsifTheManRahman
May 2, 2011, 07:14 PM
Honestly, I wish they had not announced this. They should have just claimed that they didn't find anyone important in the compound and gotten rid of the body / any evidence quietly.

We all know that Osama's death does not change a damn thing. If anything, it makes it worse. Now everyone is gonna be on high alert, and I'm sure reprisals are coming.

It would be great if governments in nations where terrorists seem to thrive would get off their butts and nip these organizations in the bud.

Equinox
May 2, 2011, 07:41 PM
Laden was never a CIA agent. Dont talk like the brainwashed Pakistanis. CIA (USA) helped the guerilla fighters that fought to liberate Afghanistan. The same way that India armed the mukti bahini. Now if afer liberation some of Mukti bahini soilders decide to rob a bank, it doesnt mean that RAW armed them to rob a bank....

Equating al-Qaeda to Mukti bahini. Well done. Osama bin Laden was the result of American actions aimed to achieve short-term private gains without thinking or caring about long-term consequences it will afflict on the world. Sadly this typifies America and American lifestyle in general.

Haru-party
May 2, 2011, 07:41 PM

Now back to Pakistan and why it should be blamed :
1) Pakistan supported the terrorist government of the Taliban and was the biggest trading partner even after all the opression that was committed against the women by the taliban
2) Pakistan used some of these mujahideens to terrorise Kashmir and fight a war there.
3) ISI has deep links with the taliban, I am not saying it based on here say, just search Hamid gul (former ISI chief) interviews on youtube.

4) An ISI was identified to be responsible for bombing the Indian embassy at Kabul
5) Bin Laden was residing in a house for a long time in an area surrounded by key Military installations.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

you missed my point. i was tryin to say pakistan is just a puppet in the string and u know whos the pupeeter. now wonder CIA knew abt mujib death. do u really think usa gave pakistan billions of dollars without any reason. can u deny usa is funding israel. obama promised israel £30 billion over the next decade. who sold weapons to saddam hossain and gaddafi. u should not investigare others weapon when u r known to sell guns. why today muslims are potrayed as terrorist. bcs we didnt bow down to their imperilism. they call u terrorist if u dont wanna be a colony. wht um sayin is the fact. now its time for u to wake up.

Haru-party
May 2, 2011, 07:45 PM
Yeah. I cannot begin to fathom how people can people be so brainwashed by hate mongers to to even countenance the conspiracy theory of a 9/11 inside job. But there are loonies on all sides - from those who believe in these conspiracy theories, alien abductions, Obama's Kenyan birth, faked moon landing, OMG see who clicked on your profile on FB and what not. Sad really.

add to that....people who believe everything in media.

Haru-party
May 2, 2011, 07:46 PM
http://www.npr.org/

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2011/05/02/030511binladenhellcl_custom.jpg?t=1304334923&s=4

and how many of u realized this joke was on islam.

Nasif
May 2, 2011, 07:53 PM

We really need to educate ourselves before accusing every other thing as "joke on islam" or "attack on islam".

HereWeGo
May 2, 2011, 07:58 PM
Equating al-Qaeda to Mukti bahini. Well done. Osama bin Laden is the result of American actions aimed to achieve short-term private gains without thinking or caring about long-term consequences it will afflict on the world. Sadly this typifies America and American lifestyle in general.

What the Hell!!! :@
I did not equate Al Qaeda to Mukti Bahini, the former are terrorists, the latter are my heroes.
I equated Mukti Bahini and their fight for liberation to the guerilla fighters that fought to liberate Afghanistan from the Soviets. That includes figures like Ahmad Shah Masood who worked closely with USA after 9/11

Read what I have written again and careful what you write......

Ajfar
May 2, 2011, 08:01 PM
I remember when they caught Saddam, boy they used his face on everything they possible could. A guy who's been in the most wanted list for years gets killed but not a single leaked picture yet? I hope something turns up soon.

Zunaid
May 2, 2011, 08:02 PM
Let us all take a deep breath and think before we post. Let's keep this on topic please.

HereWeGo
May 2, 2011, 08:06 PM
you missed my point. i was tryin to say pakistan is just a puppet in the string and u know whos the pupeeter. now wonder CIA knew abt mujib death. do u really think usa gave pakistan billions of dollars without any reason. can u deny usa is funding israel. obama promised israel £30 billion over the next decade. who sold weapons to saddam hossain and gaddafi. u should not investigare others weapon when u r known to sell guns. why today muslims are potrayed as terrorist. bcs we didnt bow down to their imperilism. they call u terrorist if u dont wanna be a colony. wht um sayin is the fact. now its time for u to wake up.

U are all over the place!!!!
If bangladesh purchase weapons from USA, than it is not a bad thing. But if BD starts using them against innocent civilians than it is a bad thing. And that should make BD look bad instead of USA who was not at the time aware of how the weapon would be used. The analogy is same with Saddam.

U did mention Laden as CIA agent and I definately did not miss any point there!!!

You would think muslims are being portrayed as terrorist only if you consider Bin Laden a prime example of muslim faith. And please listen to the speech made by Obama yesterday.

Finally only your type of muslim would consider that cartoon offensive because u think Quran mentions abt such Virgins. People who are a bit more knowledgeable abt the religion wont get offended because they know the religion does not mention any such thing.
.um om..Stop having decaf coffee..

Zunaid
May 2, 2011, 08:07 PM
well that depends, do you believe you are going to get 72 virgins after you die fighting against America?

The question is better phrased this way, do you believe you are going to get 72 virgins when you die after you have killed over 3000 innocent people including Muslims?

al Furqaan
May 2, 2011, 08:08 PM
Those who live by the swore die by it also. No surprises there. The timing is quite advantageous to Obama (he'll yeah I'm a conspiracy theorist for lack of a more clever term). here's to hoping all secrets get revealed one day one earth but then again prolly not.

Ajfar
May 2, 2011, 08:11 PM
The question is better phrased this way, do you believe you are going to get 72 virgins when you die after you have killed over 3000 innocent people including Muslims?

Thank you Doc. I wanted to re-write my post so I deleted it, but you took care of the rest. Thank you.

zman
May 2, 2011, 08:12 PM
Rarely do I waste any time reading about politics, nor do i believe any news related to it. In the world of politics it's simply IMPOSSIBLE to know what's true and what's false. At the end of the day it's all speculation.

The most sensible post in this thread--
At the end of the day, nothing is more valuable than innocent lives, be it American, Afghan, Iraqi, Christian, Jewish or Muslim. No one wins in a war - be it led by the US government or by the Al-Qaeda. If I were American, pulling troops out and ending the war (well, that and universal health care, no matter how amateurish initially) alone would be good enough for me to vote for Obama.

As far as I'm concerned, when innocent people are dying, no one gains anything no matter what the media, governments or terrorist organizations will lead you to believe.
My favorite one however--
I like Megan Fox!
She is a total fox

Zunaid
May 2, 2011, 08:12 PM
Those who live by the swore die by it also. No surprises there. The timing is quite advantageous to Obama (he'll yeah I'm a conspiracy theorist for lack of a more clever term). here's to hoping all secrets get revealed one day one earth but then again prolly not.

Ain't gonna happen. Only the fishes know.

On a related note, I keep hearing of the timing being advantageous for Obama but I fail to see this. It would have been better for him had the news broke later in the election cycle when the bloodletting amongst the republicans would have ended and it would have been one on one with Obama. In fact, loony Trump was doing great to rally support for Oabama. So I personally don't see the timing to be particularly good for Obama. An October surprise could have been arranged. This is way too early, just as the first Gulf war gave the senior Bush no ultimate advantage.

al Furqaan
May 2, 2011, 08:19 PM
people who are questioning laden's death, please stop being so gullible. america and obama confirmed it and that should be enough. do you think obama did it for political gain? do you think today america shouldn't be proud of their military prowess that took only 10 years to kill osama? hell yeah, they better be. once again, please do yourself a favor and stop being naive. when america says something, you listen and accept. just like we did when they told us iraq got nuclear and wmd. because WE BELIEVE!

I'm a great fan of Obama, but only in the sense that I'd consider slitting my wrists had McCain and Palin gotten a chance to paint the US into the the Fourth Reich as they wished. By that token Ashraful is the most naturally gifted batsmen Bangladesh has yet produced.

Bush lied. Clinton lied. Nixon spied. And spitzer was banging hookers. Timing of death burial at sea it all seems quirky to me. Obama is a politician not an angel.

HereWeGo
May 2, 2011, 08:19 PM

Hi Doc, while I am not a practising muslim myself but I feel obligated to spread the little knowledge that I have abt the religion. Virgin in islamic context is very different from what some people try to portray. And even if you are the most obedient follower of Islam and die a martyr, there is no virgin as such waiting for you.

Pls watch the video.. It is educational and interesting (Ted X lecture)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7yaDlZfqrc

al Furqaan
May 2, 2011, 08:22 PM
Ain't gonna happen. Only the fishes know.

On a related note, I keep hearing of the timing being advantageous for Obama but I fail to see this. It would have been better for him had the news broke later in the election cycle when the bloodletting amongst the republicans would have ended and it would have been one on one with Obama. In fact, loony Trump was doing great to rally support for Oabama. So I personally don't see the timing to be particularly good for Obama. An October surprise could have been arranged. This is way too early, just as the first Gulf war gave the senior Bush no ultimate advantage.

Step 2 right before election: bring troops home. Victory in 2012. Just in case there is any doubt, I'm voting for Obama come November, no matter what he does correct or incorrect.

Haru-party
May 2, 2011, 08:24 PM
U are all over the place!!!!
If bangladesh purchase weapons from USA, than it is not a bad thing. But if BD starts using them against innocent civilians than it is a bad thing. And that should make BD look bad instead of USA who was not at the time aware of how the weapon would be used. The analogy is same with Saddam.

U did mention Laden as CIA agent and I definately did not miss any point there!!!

You would think muslims are being portrayed as terrorist only if you consider Bin Laden a prime example of muslim faith. And please listen to the speech made by Obama yesterday.

Finally only your type of muslim would consider that cartoon offensive because u think Quran mentions abt such Virgins. People who are a bit more knowledgeable abt the religion wont get offended because they know the religion does not mention any such thing.
.um om..Stop having decaf coffee..

yes yes have been listening to the same thing for three years now. but the truth is wars in palestine,iraq and afghanistan are still on. and u really thing usa care abt innocent ppls life. u r kiddin me mate. they only care abt is oil and money. they want to control the whole world at any cost. thats why they have thousands military camps over the world. and its not abt my knowledge in islam but theirs who create this type of cartoons.

Akib
May 2, 2011, 08:26 PM
Its sad that all everyone seem's to associate with the Islamic concept of heaven has been boiled down to 72 virgins.... I don't think the Quran even mentions it....

Its odd how these madmen and the idiots following them believe that by blowing themselves up, and killing innocents, that they will go to heaven?

Zunaid
May 2, 2011, 08:32 PM
Hi Doc, while I am not a practising muslim myself but I feel obligated to spread the little knowledge that I have abt the religion. Virgin in islamic context is very different from what some people try to portray. And even if you are the most obedient follower of Islam and die a martyr, there is no virgin as such waiting for you.

Pls watch the video.. It is educational and interesting (Ted X lecture)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7yaDlZfqrc

Excellent point you make. There are so much misconceptions about Islam in the world and the most worrisome are the ones by Muslims themselves. But that is another topic, and I do hope education and learning will eventually prevail.

AsifTheManRahman
May 2, 2011, 09:12 PM
She is a total fox
A vixen indeed, yeah. But late 80's/early 90's er super model der shathe tulona korle eishob Fox Mox kisui na.

Bancan
May 2, 2011, 09:47 PM
I think this is one of the most powerful image I have ever seen. Shows how human these powerful people are. The emotion on their face says it all.

White House photo of Obama and his national security team following events in the Bin Laden operation
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5226/5680724572_d4696d593d_z.jpg

Nasif
May 2, 2011, 09:55 PM
^^^
That almost looks like a shot from The Event.

Sohel
May 2, 2011, 10:15 PM
I have a problem with actually celebrating anyone's death in my heart, no matter how evil his actions have been. Any war is ugly, brutal and deeply depressing but when imposed upon by men doing evil in GOD's name, an understandable evil. Grateful to have Barrack, the Seals and others on my side. May Laden's death be the beginning of the end of Islamism in our time.

As a practicing Muslim who believes in Islam, not an Islamist who believes in Muslimism, I believe eternal peace to be a grace of GOD in the hereafter, not here. Here, we must endeavor to protect our higher consciousness against anger, indignation, depression, euphoria, greed, gluttony and brutality through genuine submission and deference to GOD rather than our egos, and purification of the soul through piety and right conduct.

May GOD guide us all to light :)

Zunaid
May 2, 2011, 10:17 PM
Nicely said, my brother.

Sohel
May 2, 2011, 10:30 PM
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Shahid Martin Luther King Jr, may GOD rest his great soul in peace.

roman
May 2, 2011, 10:53 PM
I could be wrong but my understanding was that DNA testing procedures usually take up to 5-7 days to perform. The US army confirmed that they have tested his DNA and was confirmed that it was really Osama within 24 hours. I am not understanding this..Could one of you please explain this to me?

Thanx in advance....

Bancan
May 2, 2011, 10:57 PM
I could be wrong but my understanding was that DNA testing procedures usually take up to 5-7 days to perform. The US army confirmed that they have tested his DNA and was confirmed that it was really Osama within 24 hours. I am not understanding this..Could one of you please explain this to me?

Thanx in advance....

Because the US military is not the Maury Povich show.

Rifat
May 3, 2011, 03:16 AM
as Muslims we shouldn't be afraid to admit the truth, nor should we be reluctant to admit the fact that it is indeed possible for a muslim(or a group of muslims) to commit sins or make mistakes. angels do not walk the earth. if they did we would have easily solved world hunger given that we live in a time where food production is at an all time high in the history of mankind and yet about half the population on earth lives than less than dollar a day.

we are as human as anyone else.

Rant at me all you want, call me Osama Apologist all you want, but i find it very difficult to believe how a caveman like Osama Bin Laden can pull off an attack as sophisticated as 9/11 bypassing US security, Airport Security, Department of Defense, CIA, FBI, you name it! without a doubt, these US intelligence defense forces are very strong and responsive. how can these plane hijackers bypass security to install bombs into planes is beyond me! to pull of an attack like 9/11 years of planning must have been spent. things just don't add up!

ok suppose let's just say for the sake of argument 9/11 was an inside job. then how do we explain other terrorist attacks around the world such as the subway station bombing in Spain and England that has happened after 9/11? what about that attack that happened in India in late 2008?

the real problem is:
Poverty and illiteracy. some people would do anything to get out of poverty. Radical fundamentalism is a reaction to injustice. it is easier to label and stereotype than it is to search for truth. this is why some people blame Jews and America for everything and this is not correct..

I have more to say, but sorry if i have wasted your time!

Naimul_Hd
May 3, 2011, 05:05 AM
someone please confirm me, who was actually killed ? OSAMA or OBAMA ! :D:D

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/QYP10vlFZrk?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/QYP10vlFZrk?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Tiger Manc
May 3, 2011, 05:46 AM
^^lol she says it 4 times!!

Tiger Manc
May 3, 2011, 05:54 AM
This thread will inevitably turn anti US and pro 9-11 conspiracy theory soon enough.

But anyway. This guy was a scum. He was evil and not a muslim. Eff him.

Sinners are not disbelievers. Let's not go round doing takfeer on people.

Nafi
May 3, 2011, 09:01 AM

If you believe the same thing those terrorists do and label it as Islam, then you are the joke.

PoorFan
May 3, 2011, 09:35 AM
Pakistan's main intelligence agency, the ISI, has said it is embarrassed by its failures on al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden.
An ISI official told the BBC the compound in Abbottabad where Bin Laden was killed by US forces on Sunday had been raided in 2003.

But the compound "was not on our radar" since then, the official said.
He gave new details of the raid, saying Bin Laden's young daughter had said she saw her father shot.
Bin Laden, 54, was the founder and leader of al-Qaeda. He is believed to have ordered the attacks on New York and Washington on 11 September 2001, as well as a number of other deadly bombings.
'Caught by surprise'
The ISI official told the BBC's Owen Bennett-Jones in Islamabad that the compound in Abbottabad, just 100km (62 miles) from the capital, was raided when under construction in 2003.
It was believed an al-Qaeda operative, Abu Faraj al-Libi, was there.
But since then, "the compound was not on our radar, it is an embarrassment for the ISI", the official said. "We're good, but we're not God."
He added: "This one failure should not make us look totally incompetent. Look at our track record. For the last 10 years, we have captured Taliban and al-Qaeda in their hundreds - more than any other countries put together."
The compound is just a few hundred metres from the Pakistan Military Academy - the country's equivalent of West Point or Sandhurst.

The ISI official also gave new or differing accounts of some of the events of Sunday's raid. They included:

There were 17-18 people in the compound at the time of the attack
The Americans took away one person still alive, possibly a Bin Laden son
Those who survived the attack included a wife, a daughter and eight to nine other children, not apparently Bin Laden's; all had their hands tied by the Americans
The surviving Yemeni wife said they had moved to the compound a few months ago
Bin Laden's daughter, aged 12 or 13, saw her father shot
The official said it was thought the Americans wanted to take away the surviving women and children but had to abandon the plan when one of the helicopters malfunctioned.
Continue reading the main story (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-13268517#story_continues_2) Analysis

<!-- pullout-items-->http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/50771000/jpg/_50771353_005431204-1.jpg Owen Bennett Jones BBC News, Islamabad <HR>
<!-- pullout-body-->Clearly there were people helping Bin Laden in this location... were they state employees, were they simply from Taliban-related groups, were they from the intelligence agencies?
For all Americans may ask the questions, I doubt they will get any answers. There will be ambiguity about this and the Pakistanis will deny they had any knowledge whatsoever.
The establishment here is made up of army leadership, intelligence agency leadership and some senior civil servants, and they have always run Pakistan, whether democratic governments or military governments, and those people do have connections with jihadis.
The difficulty the West has is in appreciating there are more than 20 different types of jihadi organisations, and al-Qaeda is just one of them. The state has different policies towards different types of group and that subtlety is often lost on Western policy-makers.
<!-- pullout-links-->

The helicopter was destroyed by the special forces unit.
The US has not commented on anyone it captured or had planned to capture, other than saying it had taken Bin Laden's body.
The ISI official said the organisation had recovered some documents from the compound.
The CIA is already said to be going through a large number of hard drives and storage devices seized in the raid.
White House counter-terrorism adviser John Brennan said there had been concern Pakistani forces would deploy to counter the US Navy Seal team conducting the raid but it had avoided any confrontation.

The ISI official said: "We were totally caught by surprise. They were in and out before we could react."
Our correspondent says residents near the compound in Abbottabad reported that Pakistani soldiers had asked them to switch off their lights an hour before the attack, but the ISI official said this was not true and that it had no advance knowledge of the raid.

Earlier, in an opinion piece in the Washington Post, (http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/pakistan-did-its-part/2011/05/02/AFHxmybF_story.html) President Asif Ali Zardari admitted Bin Laden "was not anywhere we had anticipated he would be".
But he denied the killing suggested Pakistan was failing in its efforts to tackle terrorism.
Mr Zardari said Pakistan had "never been and never will be the hotbed of fanaticism that is often described by the media".
"Such baseless speculation may make exciting cable news, but it doesn't reflect fact," he said.
"Pakistan had as much reason to despise al-Qaeda as any nation. The war on terrorism is as much Pakistan's war as it is America's."

Mr Brennan had said it was "inconceivable that Bin Laden did not have a support system" in Pakistan.
Pakistani Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir tried to draw a line under the matter, saying: "Who did what is beside the point... This issue of Osama Bin Laden is history."
'Geronimo'
Bin Laden was America's most wanted man but had eluded capture for more than a decade.
US officials say that after DNA tests they are "99.9%" sure that the man they shot and killed and later buried at sea was Bin Laden.
<!-- Embedding the video player --><!-- This is the embedded player component --><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT><OBJECT width=0 height=0 _uniqueglow963869583="64">
&ampampampampnbsp
&ampampampampnbsp
&ampampampampnbsp
&ampampampampnbsp
&ampampampampnbsp
&ampampampampnbsp
&ampampampampnbsp
&ampampampampnbsp
&ampampampampnbsp
&ampampampampnbsp
&ampampampampnbsp
&ampampampampnbsp
&ampampampampnbsp
&ampampampampnbsp
</OBJECT>

US President Barack Obama watched the entire operation in real time in the White House with his national security team.
Mr Brennan said: "The minutes passed like days."
CIA director Leon Panetta narrated via a video screen from a separate Washington office, with Bin Laden given the code name Geronimo.
Mr Panetta's narration lasted several minutes. "They've reached the target... We have a visual on Geronimo... Geronimo EKIA (enemy killed in action)."
Mr Obama said: "We got him."

Bin Laden, his son Khalid, trusted personal courier Sheikh Abu Ahmed and the courier's brother were all killed, along with an unidentified woman.
Bin Laden was shot above his left eye, blowing away a section of his skull, and was also shot in the chest.
The BBC's Andrew North in Washington says the White House is still discussing whether to release a video that was made of Bin Laden's burial from an aircraft carrier in the Arabian Sea, which some Islamic scholars have said did not conform with tradition.
Our correspondent says many people will want proof that Bin Laden is dead but the White House will be concerned about the reaction if the video, and still photographs of the body, are released.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-13268517

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets cook above BBC report as you wish.

DJ Sahastra
May 3, 2011, 10:03 AM
It is such a pity that acountry like Bangladesh which can make some good constructive use of aid money get none whereas a country like Pakistan whose sole claim to fame is the never-ending production of terrorists is rewarded with billions of dollars of aid to help combat those very terrorists that it creates or shelters.

cluster11
May 3, 2011, 10:07 AM
Referring to UBL as a 'caveman' in the tone suggested below implies he is unsophisticated. He was a multi-millionaire with a engineering degree who managed a global terrorist network very efficiently. The 9/11 attack was not envisioned by him but financed and trained at his facilities. He and his core group had pretty good combat training from their days in Afghan-Soviet war back in the '80s. Also your astonishment at how "sophisticated" the attack was may lessen a bit by considering the following operations done by AQ and it's cohorts prior to 9/11:

1) 1993 battle of Mogadishu (indirect participation by AQ)
2) 1993 WTC bombing (not carried by AQ but the planner of this operation was also the architect of the original master plan for 9/11 like attack. He was caught but his uncle KSM continued the task and was eventually financed by UBL and AQ)
3) 1994 Khobar tower bombing in Saudi Arabia killing many america troops stationed there
4) 1998 US Embassy bombings in East Africa killing over 300 ppl
5) Assisting Taliban in takeover of majority of Afghanistan
6) 2000 USS Cole bombing
7) Assassination of Shah Masood

Also no bomb was passed through any security checkpoint for 9/11 attack. There were no bomb. It was psychological warfare and 'element of surprise' tactics. The operations took almost 2 years including many dry runs over airlines all over the world and planning in several countries.

Rant at me all you want, call me Osama Apologist all you want, but i find it very difficult to believe how a caveman like Osama Bin Laden can pull off an attack as sophisticated as 9/11 bypassing US security, Airport Security, Department of Defense, CIA, FBI, you name it! without a doubt, these US intelligence defense forces are very strong and responsive. how can these plane hijackers bypass security to install bombs into planes is beyond me! to pull of an attack like 9/11 years of planning must have been spent. things just don't add up!

ok suppose let's just say for the sake of argument 9/11 was an inside job. then how do we explain other terrorist attacks around the world such as the subway station bombing in Spain and England that has happened after 9/11? what about that attack that happened in India in late 2008?

DJ Sahastra
May 3, 2011, 10:12 AM
The joke is on the west really.

Paksitan, it seems, was taking protection money from Al-Qaida to keep Osama safe and aid money from US to find Osama. Seems like it laughed its way to the bank with its hands full of money the either way.

This until it was caught pants down.
<!-- end mwpphu-info -->

AsifTheManRahman
May 3, 2011, 11:56 AM
Pakistani military advertisement slogan: "Join The Pakistan Defense Forces: Terrorizing the World Since 1947".

AsifTheManRahman
May 3, 2011, 11:57 AM
I like Megan Fox!
Hillary Clinton?

Beamer
May 3, 2011, 12:08 PM
The double dealing of Pakistan has been nakedly exposed this time. It will do one good thing though in short term. The pressure will be tremendous on them, and you will see them coughing up Mullah Omar and the Zawahiri dude, soon. The State of Pakistan, or at least some elements within, has been complicit with terrorism/taliban etc.

As for Bin Laden- Good F**in riddance. Also, if little George stayed on course and didn't shift his eyes from the main prize to the total asinine Iraq war, this day would have come a lot sooner. A lot of bloodshed could have been avoided. I am happy a real Commander-in-chief is in office.

Akib
May 3, 2011, 01:19 PM
as Muslims we shouldn't be afraid to admit the truth, nor should we be reluctant to admit the fact that it is indeed possible for a muslim(or a group of muslims) to commit sins or make mistakes. angels do not walk the earth. if they did we would have easily solved world hunger given that we live in a time where food production is at an all time high in the history of mankind and yet about half the population on earth lives than less than dollar a day.

we are as human as anyone else.

the real problem is:
Poverty and illiteracy. some people would do anything to get out of poverty. Radical fundamentalism is a reaction to injustice. it is easier to label and stereotype than it is to search for truth. this is why some people blame Jews and America for everything and this is not correct..

I have more to say, but sorry if i have wasted your time!

I don't think they snuck bombs into the plane. I thought they just hijacked it with knives and stuff? And anyways, airport security has been shown to be quite ineffective, regardless of how much of our privacy they betray.

al Furqaan
May 3, 2011, 04:36 PM
very interesting to see what ramifications this has on the Pak gov. i don't think there current regime (Zardari) is complicity with AQ or the taliban. the only they have in common with Islamists is perhaps their hostility to India. otherwise the PPP is more or less like our Awami League, i.e left-leaning. but definitely elements of ISI and the army have been engaged in double dealing.

Zeeshan
May 3, 2011, 05:56 PM
Respect.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/world-15749633/geronimo-raid-navy-seals-who-killed-bin-laden-25099723

NoName
May 3, 2011, 10:19 PM
Guys, the Mujahideen =/= Taliban/Al Qaeda

Sohel
May 3, 2011, 11:53 PM
very interesting to see what ramifications this has on the Pak gov. i don't think there current regime (Zardari) is complicity with AQ or the taliban. the only they have in common with Islamists is perhaps their hostility to India. otherwise the PPP is more or less like our Awami League, i.e left-leaning. but definitely elements of ISI and the army have been engaged in double dealing.

ISI and the Paki Military have been thoroughly infiltrated by Islamists (Jamaat-e-islami and Muslim League) since Yahiya Khan allowed it in the late 60s to first, strengthen his position against Ayub Khan, and then carry out the Genocide of 1971. PPP was also an active part of that effort.

The Soviet aggression in Afghanistan and the autocracy of Ziaul Haq legitimized their role within the Paki military-industrial complex actively financed by the Reagan and the NeoCon US at that time. Zia had his issues with PPP and a faction of the Islamist Muslim also, but that certainly doesn't mean that the PPP is free of Islamist influence it has cultivated since 1971. Together, they have created a seven-headed Frankenstein they cannot control.

As comparisons go, PPP is more like the "Whiskey-Islamist" wing of BNP, guys like late Mannan Bhuiyan, Morshed Khan and Maudud Ahmed, than BAL. BAL is divided along pluralist (Shahid Tajuddin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tajuddin_Ahmad), anti-BAKSAL) and totalitarian (post '71 late SMR and Moni, BAKSAL) lines and is not anti-religious at all. It believes in separation of religion from state, religious freedom and equal treatment under the laws of a secular state. PPP on the other hand, believes in Whiskey Islamism and the Islamic Republic. HUGE difference.

Banglatiger84
May 4, 2011, 06:36 AM
Unfortunately Pakistan looks likely to benefit from OBL's capture in that as soon as the US vacates Afghanistan, Pakistan will arm Taliban to take over again, killing anyone opposed to them. Many hawkish Pakistanis have been dreaming of the day Karzai is lynched and hanged like Najibullah. for some reason Pakistan feels that only "their" men should control Afghanistan, no matter how much other Afghanis suffer for it.

Banglatiger84
May 4, 2011, 06:43 AM
The double dealing of Pakistan has been nakedly exposed this time. It will do one good thing though in short term. The pressure will be tremendous on them, .

No matter how much they double cross others, nothing ever seems to happen to them. Of course some Pakistanis explain that by saying they are divinely protected, but seriously how can a country get away with so much bloodshed and killing of people without any ramification whatsoever ?

al Furqaan
May 4, 2011, 08:37 AM
PPP on the other hand, believes in Whiskey Islamism and the Islamic Republic. HUGE difference.

this is correct although someone like Benazir Bhutto doesn't seem very islamist to me.

btw, off topic, didn't the BAL originate as a Pakistani Islamic party under the name Awami Muslim League?

Naimul_Hd
May 4, 2011, 09:42 AM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fpBPVkpmoeg?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fpBPVkpmoeg?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Sohel
May 4, 2011, 10:13 AM
this is correct although someone like Benazir Bhutto doesn't seem very islamist to me.

btw, off topic, didn't the BAL originate as a Pakistani Islamic party under the name Awami Muslim League?

Indeed bro. The following WikIntro's pretty decent here with good embedded links:

Early Pakistan Era

On 14 August 1947, the partition of British India saw the establishment of the Muslim state of Pakistan on the basis of the Two-Nation Theory. The new country compromised of two wings, separated by 1000 miles of Indian territory, in the Indian Subcontinent. The western wing consisted of the provinces of Punjab, Sindh, North West Frontier Province and Balochistan, while the province of East Bengal constituted the eastern wing. From the onset of independence, Pakistan was led by its founder Muhammad Ali Jinnah and his Muslim League party.

In 1948, there was rising agitation in East Bengal against the omission of Bengali script from coins, stamps and government exams. Thousands of students, mainly from the University of Dhaka, protested in Dhaka and clashed with security forces. Prominent student leaders including Shamsul Huq, Shawkat Ali, Kazi Golam Mahboob, Oli Ahad, Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and Abdul Wahed were arrested and the police were accused of excessive brutality while charging protesters. In March, senior Bengali political leaders were attacked whilst leading protests demanding that Bengali be declared an official language in Pakistan. The leaders included the A. K. Fazlul Huq, the former Prime Minister of undivided Bengal.

Amidst the rising discontent in East Bengal, Jinnah visited Dhaka and announced that Urdu would be sole state language of Pakistan given its significance to Islamic nationalism in South Asia. The announcement caused uproar in East Bengal, where the native Bengali population resented Jinnah for his attempts to impose a language they hardly understood. The resentment was further fueled by rising discrimination against Bengalis in government, industry, bureaucracy and the armed forces and the dominance of the Muslim League. The Bengalis argued that they constituted the ethnic majority of Pakistan's population and Urdu was remote to the land of Bengal, located in the eastern Indian Subcontinent. Moreover, the rich literary heritage of the Bengali language and the deep rooted secular culture of Bengali society led to a strong sense of linguistic and cultural nationalism amongst the people of East Bengal. Against this backdrop, Bengali nationalism began to take root within the Muslim League and the party's Bengali members began to rebel.

All Pakistan Awami Muslim League

On 23 June 1949, Bengali nationalists from East Bengal broke away from the Muslim League, Pakistan's dominant political party, and established the All Pakistan Awami Muslim League. The party was founded at the Rose Garden mansion in the old part of Dhaka. Maulana Abdul Hamid Khan Bhashani and Shamsul Huq were elected the first President and General Secretary of the party respectively, while Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, Khondaker Mostaq Ahmad and A. K. Rafiqul Hussain were elected the party's first Joint Secretaries. The party was formed to champion the rights of masses in Pakistan against the powerful feudal establishment led by the Muslim League. However, due to its strength stemming from the discriminated Bengali population of Pakistan's eastern wing, the party eventually became associated and identified with East Bengal.

In 1952, the Awami Muslim League and its student wing played an instrumental role in the Bengali Language Movement, during which Pakistani security forces fired upon thousands of protesting students demanding Bengali be declared an official language of Pakistan and famously killing a number of students including Abdus Salam, Rafiq Uddin Ahmed, Abul Barkat and Abdul Jabbar. The events of 1952 is widely seen by historians today as a turning point in the history of Pakistan and the Bengali people, as it was the starting point of the Bengali nationalist struggle that eventually culminated in the creation of Bangladesh in 1971.

In 1953, the party's council meeting voted to drop the word "Muslim" from its name in order to give it a more secular outlook, owing to need of including the province's large Hindu population in Pakistani politics.

READ MORE (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Awami_League)

F6_Turbo
May 4, 2011, 12:02 PM
No matter how much they double cross others, nothing ever seems to happen to them. Of course some Pakistanis explain that by saying they are divinely protected, but seriously how can a country get away with so much bloodshed and killing of people without any ramification whatsoever ?

Easy it shares a border with Afghanistan and has Nukes.

That's all there is to it really.

al Furqaan
May 4, 2011, 02:15 PM

funny isn't it. after 9/11, Pakistan has become a transient smaller, muslim version of Israel. remarkable similarities exist between pakistan and israel:

1) only countries on earth established on religious rather than political or ethnic or national grounds

2) both are theocratic states in relation to secular countries like US or Bangladesh.

3) both have ongoing territorial disputes with their neighbors that consume so much of their political identity so as to be veritable raison d'etre

4) both are heavily bankrolled by the US although both are guilty of double-crossing their American benefactors (USS Liberty - Israel) and (ISI destabilization of afghanistan - Pakistan).

5) both require US tight-roping since their enemies are either key strategic (Arab states) or economic (India) allies.

The fundamental difference is that eventually, when their political importance wanes, Pakistan will be dumped on the roadside like Jack the Ripper's last victim. Israel has no such "sell by date".

Sakib
May 4, 2011, 02:28 PM
so i hear summarily executing an unarmed person who is not convicted and then dumping his body in the sea at the middle of the night is what they call 'justice' these days. you learn something new everyday.

Haru-party
May 4, 2011, 02:33 PM
If you believe the same thing those terrorists do and label it as Islam, then you are the joke.

where did i say that?

akabir77
May 4, 2011, 02:38 PM
so i hear summarily executing an unarmed person who is not convicted and then dumping his body in the sea at the middle of the night is what they call 'justice' these days. you learn something new everyday.

he didn't surrender and hence got shot. how r they going to get him lawyer and judge????

Beamer
May 4, 2011, 03:06 PM

Putting him on trial had many many risks. Risk no.1 being his followers kidnapping U.S citizens and hold them as ransom to free OBL. I assure you that would have happened.

Nafi
May 4, 2011, 05:58 PM
where did i say that?

the seventy two virgins are a myth.

Nafi
May 4, 2011, 06:02 PM
Putting him on trial had many many risks. Risk no.1 being his followers kidnapping U.S citizens and hold them as ransom to free OBL. I assure you that would have happened.

I'm sorry but it's still illegal. What makes you think theyre equally not going to take revenge attacks.

An unarmed man, (that hasnt been tried), no matter the circumstance, when he poses no real threat. it is wrong to kill a surrendered enemy.

No excuse, ever! It says so in the Quran

They could have tried him and executed him.

Nafi
May 4, 2011, 06:10 PM
funny isn't it. after 9/11, Pakistan has become a transient smaller, muslim version of Israel. remarkable similarities exist between pakistan and israel:

1) only countries on earth established on religious rather than political or ethnic or national grounds.

*Cough cough* Bangladesh, East pakistan *cough cough* all muslim league of India, which created the two states of Pakistan, had their headquarters in Dhaka.

Zunaid
May 4, 2011, 06:20 PM
Sorry Nafi - what are you insinuating? The entity you refer to as Bangladesh, East Pakistan does not exist. The raison d'être for Pakistan was religion and THAT nation still exist 1000 miles west of Bangladesh whose raison d'être is definitely not based on religion.

al Furqaan
May 4, 2011, 06:48 PM
I'm sorry but it's still illegal. What makes you think theyre equally not going to take revenge attacks.

An unarmed man, (that hasnt been tried), no matter the circumstance, when he poses no real threat. it is wrong to kill a surrendered enemy.

well the US is not a muslim country so quran is irrelevant to them. but, Osama himself admitted to other terrorist acts even if he didn't admit to 9/11 itself - which i think he did if i'm not mistaken.

yes in theory due process was not followed and everyone deserves due process. but this war crime pales in comparison to others that we know and don't know about. not losing any sleep over this one. won't celebrate, but won't mope either. this event was inevitable, lets get on with the show. i'm waiting to see what repercussions happen in the rest of the world, particularily Pakistan.

ammark
May 4, 2011, 06:59 PM
Not pointing any fingers here, but in general I'm appalled at how many "proud muslims" are apologists and continue publicly to be in denial about OBL's existence and his life's work! Instead of backing their denials with credible facts and argument, they continue to claim that OBL is a "character entirely made up by the West, and there is no proof that he ever existed"! C'mon dipshit, if you can write that in the papers, at least tell me the facts behind this illusory creation of the man!

Geez, there really should be a limit to such fatuousness!

/end rant

Sakib
May 4, 2011, 07:34 PM
he didn't surrender and hence got shot. how r they going to get him lawyer and judge????

errm....how bout shooting in the leg and injuring him? one would think few dozens mighty seals should be able to capture an unarmed man alive. or is it too much to ask?

Nafi
May 4, 2011, 08:00 PM
Sorry Nafi - what are you insinuating? The entity you refer to as Bangladesh, East Pakistan does not exist. The raison d'être for Pakistan was religion and THAT nation still exist 1000 miles west of Bangladesh whose raison d'être is definitely not based on religion.

Then what was the reason East Bengal partitioned from India.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_India_Muslim_League

Im only acknowledging history, its ridiculous for a Bangladeshi to say only Pakistan/Israel split solely because of religion. When Bangladeshis were very heavily involved in said partition.

Im only speaking facts. We are part of this religious divide as well.

A debate on the partition on this forum would be interesting.

Zunaid
May 4, 2011, 08:13 PM
Yes, but today's Bangladesh is not predicated to being a homeland for a particular religious group. That label can only be applied to Pakistan and Israel. So al Furqaan was correct. Sorry - I am digressing from the topic but today's Bangladesh belongs to all citizens be they Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists, Christians and what not. Feel free to start a topic on this. I wonder how quickly Kazi's law will be invoked there.

Purbasha T
May 4, 2011, 08:18 PM
What a sphere of plays this earth of ours is!

Nafi
May 4, 2011, 08:20 PM
Yes, but today's Bangladesh is not predicated to being a homeland for a particular religious group. That label can only be applied to Pakistan and Israel. So al Furqaan was correct. Sorry - I am digressing from the topic but today's Bangladesh belongs to all citizens be they Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists, Christians and what not. Feel free to start a topic on this. I wonder how quickly Kazi's law will be invoked there.

Im proud of secular Bangladesh. :flag:

Enough said.

Sohel
May 4, 2011, 08:28 PM
OBL had 10+ years to "negotiate a surrender". Instead, he repeatedly made public statements, especially to apologists like Hamid Mir that he wants to "embrace martyrdom" and won't be "taken alive". Naturally it was a kill mission. The brief warning was a mere formality and the shot to the face a foregone conclusion. War is a brutal, sometimes necessary, and always tragic and evil business of this world. AGAIN: war by definition is a brutal and tragic condition of the Duniya, get used to it. Eternal peace, according our faith, is found in the hereafter provided we do the right thing.

I have no problem with "killing them all" on the battlefield, but won't dance on their graves either. There is no exegetical problem with that when it comes to enemy combatants whether they happened to be armed or not, especially when they have expressed their desire not be taken alive repeatedly and blown the opportunity to negotiate surrender for more than a decade. There is however an exegetical problem with blasphemy, munafiki, nemok-harami and ill-concealed, ego-maniacal vanity under the guise of Islam.

Those connecting Islam to and trying to find a socio-political rationale behind the mass murder of non-combatants, women and children in the name of Islam are ignorant, dumb, opinionated and deeply disturbed, no matter how they try to cover-up those issues with pseudo-articulation and even more pseudo-piety to conceal those issues. They ought to masterdate less, seek therapy and meds and get out more often before reading the clear message as clearly as it ought to be seen. Disgusting morons!

roman
May 4, 2011, 09:53 PM
Interesting Interview of Laden

Source: Khilafah.com, 10 Oct 2001

The Al-Qaidah group had nothing to do with the 11 September attacks on the USA, according to Usama bin Ladin in an interview with the Pakistani newspaper Ummat. Usama bin Ladin went on to suggest that Jews or US secret services were behind the attacks, and to express gratitude and support for Pakistan, urging Pakistan’s people to jihad against the West. The following is the text of an interview conducted by a "special correspondent", published in the Pakistani newspaper Ummat on 28 September, place and date of interview not given.
UMMAT: You have been accused of involvement in the attacks in New York and Washington. What do you want to say about this? If you are not involved, who might be?

USAMA BIN LADEN: In the name of Allah (God), the most beneficent, the most merciful. Praise be to Allah, Who is the creator of the whole universe and Who made the Earth as an abode for peace, for the whole humankind. Allah is the Sustainer, who sent Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) for our guidance. I am thankful to the Ummat Group of Publications, which gave me the opportunity to convey my viewpoint to the people, particularly the valiant and momin (true Muslim) people of Pakistan who refused to believe the lies of the demon (Pakistani military dictator General Pervez Musharraf).

I have already said that I am not involved in the 11 September attacks in the United States. As a Muslim, I try my best to avoid telling a lie. I had no knowledge of these attacks, nor do I consider the killing of innocent women, children and other humans as an appreciable act. Islam strictly forbids causing harm to innocent women, children and other people. Such a practice is forbidden even in the course of a battle. It is the United States, which is perpetrating every maltreatment on women, children and common people of other faiths, particularly the followers of Islam. All that is going on in Palestine for the last 11 months is sufficient to call the wrath of God upon the United States and Israel. There is also a warning for those Muslim countries, which witnessed all these as a silent spectator. What had earlier been done to the innocent people of Iraq, Chechnya and Bosnia? Only one conclusion could be derived from the indifference of the United States and the West to these acts of terror and the patronage of the tyrants by these powers that America is an anti-Islamic power and it is patronizing the anti-Islamic forces. Its friendship with the Muslim countries is just a show, rather deceit. By enticing or intimidating these countries, the United States is forcing them to play a role of its choice. Put a glance all around and you will see that the slaves of the United States are either rulers or enemies of Muslims.

The U.S. has no friends, nor does it want to keep any because the prerequisite of friendship is to come to the level of the friend or consider him at par with you. America does not want to see anyone equal to it. It expects slavery from others. Therefore, other countries are either its slaves or subordinates. However, our case is different. We*have pledged slavery to God Almighty alone and after this pledge there is no possibility to become the slave of someone else. If we do that it will be disregardful to both our Sustainer and his fellow beings. Most of the world nations upholding their freedom are the religious ones, which are the enemies of the United States, or the U.S. itself considers them as its enemies.

The countries which do not agree to become the U.S. slaves are China, Iran, Libya, Cuba, Syria [Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Iraq, Sudan, Indonesia, Malaysia] and Russia. Whoever committed the act of 11 September are not the friends of the American people. I have already said that we are against the American system, not against its people, whereas in these attacks, the common American people have been killed. According to my information, the death toll is much higher than what the U.S. Government has stated. But the Bush Administration does not want the panic to spread. The United States should try to trace the perpetrators of these attacks within itself; the people who are a part of the U.S. system, but are dissenting against it. Or those who are working for some other system; persons who want to make the present century as a century of conflict between Islam and Christianity so that their own civilization, nation, country, or ideology could survive. They can be anyone, from Russia to Israel and from India to Serbia. In the U.S. itself, there are dozens of well-organized and well-equipped groups, which are capable of causing a large-scale destruction. Then you cannot forget the American-Jews, who are annoyed with President Bush ever since the elections in Florida and want to avenge him.

Then there are intelligence agencies in the U.S., which require billions of dollars worth of funds from the Congress and the government every year. This [funding issue] was not a big problem till the existence of the former Soviet Union but after that the budget of these agencies has been in danger. They needed an enemy. So, they first started propaganda against Usama and Taleban and then this incident happened. You see, the Bush Administration approved a budget of 40 billion dollars. Where will this huge amount go? It will be provided to the same agencies, which need huge funds and want to exert their importance. Now they will spend the money for their expansion and for increasing their importance. I will give you an example. Drug smugglers from all over the world are in contact with the U.S. secret agencies. These agencies do not want to eradicate narcotics cultivation and trafficking because their importance will be diminished. The people in the U.S. Drug Enforcement Department are encouraging drug trade so that they could show performance and get millions of dollars worth of budget. General Noriega was made a drug baron by the CIA and, in need, he was made a scapegoat. In the same way, whether it is President Bush or any other U.S. President, they cannot bring Israel to justice for its human rights abuses or to hold it accountable for such crimes. What is this? Is it not that there exists a government within the government in the United Sates? That secret government must be asked as to who carried out the attacks.

UMMAT: A number of world countries have joined the call of the United States for launching attacks on Afghanistan. These also include a number of Muslim countries. Will Al-Qa'idah declare a jihad against these Islamic countries as well?

USAMA BIN LADEN: I must say that my duty is just to awaken the Muslims; to tell them as to what is good for them and what is not. What does Islam say and what do the enemies of Islam want. Al-Qa'idah was set up to wage a jihad against infidelity, particularly to counter the onslaught of the infidel countries against the Islamic states. Jihad is the sixth undeclared pillar of Islam. [The first five being the basic holy words of Islam ("There is no god but God and Muhammad is the messenger of God"), prayers, fasting (in Ramadan), pilgrimage to Mecca and giving alms (zakat).] Every anti-Islamic person is afraid of jihad. Al-Qa'idah wants to keep jihad alive and active and make it a part of the daily life of the Muslims. It wants to give it the status of worship. We are not against any Islamic country. We do not consider a war against an Islamic country as jihad. We are in favour of armed jihad only against those infidel governments, which are killing innocent Muslim men, women and children just because they are Muslims. Supporting the U.S. act is the need of some Muslim countries and the compulsion of others. However, they should think as to what will remain of their religious and moral position if they support the attack of the Christians and the Jews on a Muslim country like Afghanistan. The orders of Islamic Shariah [jurisprudence] for such individuals, organizations and countries are clear and all the scholars of the Muslim brotherhood are unanimous on them. We will do the same, which is being ordered by the Ameer-ul-Momeneen [the commander of the faithful] Muhammad Omar [leader of the Taleban] and the Islamic scholars. The hearts of the people of Muslim countries are beating with the call of jihad. We are grateful to them.

UMMAT: The losses caused in the attacks in New York and Washington have proved that giving an economic blow to the U.S. is not too difficult. U.S. experts admit that a few more such attacks can bring down the American economy. Why is Al-Qa'idah not targeting their economic pillars?

USAMA BIN LADEN: I have already said that we are not hostile to the United States. We are against the [U.S. Government] system, which makes other nations slaves of the United States, or forces them to mortgage their political and economic freedom. This system is totally in the control of the American Jews, whose first priority is Israel, not the United States. It is clear that the American people are themselves the slaves of the Jews and are forced to live according to the principles and laws laid down by them. So the punishment should reach Israel. In fact, it is Israel, which is giving a blood bath to innocent Muslims and the U.S. is not uttering a single word.

UMMAT: Why is harm not caused to the enemies of Islam through other means, apart from the armed struggle? For instance, urging the Muslims to boycott Western products, banks, shipping lines and TV channels.

USAMA BIN LADEN: The first thing is that Western products could only be boycotted when the Muslim fraternity is fully awakened and organized. Secondly, the Muslim companies should become self-sufficient in producing goods equal to the products of Western companies. Economic boycott of the West is not possible unless economic self-sufficiency is attained and substitute products are brought out. You see that wealth is scattered all across the Muslim World but not a single TV channel has been acquired which can preach Islamic injunctions according to modern requirements and attain an international influence. Muslim traders and philanthropists should make it a point that if the weapon of public opinion is to be used, it is to be kept in the hand. Today's world is of public opinion and the fates of nations are determined through its pressure. Once the tools for building public opinion are obtained, everything that you asked for can be done.

UMMAT: The entire propaganda about your struggle has so far been made by the Western media. But no information is being received from your sources about the network of Al-Qa'idah and its jihadi successes. Would you comment?

USAMA BIN LADEN: In fact, the Western media is left with nothing else. It has no other theme to survive for a long time. Then we have many other things to do. The struggle for jihad and the successes are for the sake of Allah and not to annoy His bondsmen. Our silence is our real propaganda. Rejections, explanations, or corrigendum only waste your time and through them, the enemy wants you to engage in things which are not of use to you. These things are pulling you away from your cause. The Western media is unleashing such a baseless propaganda, which makes us surprise but it reflects on what is in their hearts and gradually they themselves become captive of this propaganda. They become afraid of it and begin to cause harm to themselves. Terror is the most dreaded weapon in modern age and the Western media is mercilessly using it against its own people. It can add fear and helplessness in the psyche of the people of Europe and the United States. It means that what the enemies of the United States cannot do, its media is doing that. You can understand as to what will be the performance of the nation in a war, which suffers from fear and helplessness.

UMMAT: What will be the impact of the freeze of Al-Qa'idah accounts by the U.S.?

USAMA BIN LADEN: God opens up ways for those who work for Him. Freezing of accounts will not make any difference for Al-Qa'idah or other jihad groups. With the grace of Allah, Al-Qa'idah has more than three alternative financial systems, which are all separate and totally independent from each other. This system is operating under the patronage of those who love jihad. What to say of the United States, even the combined world cannot budge these people from their path. These people are not in hundreds but in thousands and millions. Al-Qa'idah comprises of such modern educated youths who are aware of the cracks inside the Western financial system as they are aware of the lines in their hands. These are the very flaws of the Western fiscal system, which are becoming a noose for it and this system could not recuperate in spite of the passage of so many days.

UMMAT: Are there other safe areas other than Afghanistan, where you can continue jihad?

USAMA BIN LADEN: There are areas in all parts of the world where strong jihadi forces are present, from Indonesia to Algeria, from Kabul to Chechnya, from Bosnia to Sudan, and from Burma to Kashmir. Then it is not the problem of my person. I am a helpless fellowman of God, constantly in the fear of my accountability before God. It is not the question of Usama but of Islam and, in Islam too, of jihad. Thanks to God, those waging a jihad can walk today with their heads raised. Jihad was still present when there was no Usama and it will remain as such even when Usama is no longer there. Allah opens up ways and creates loves in the hearts of people for those who walk on the path of Allah with their lives, property and children. Believe it, through jihad, a man gets everything he desires. And the biggest desire of a Muslim is the life after death. Martyrdom is the shortest way of attaining an eternal life.

UMMAT: What do you say about the Pakistan Government policy on Afghanistan attack?

USAMA BIN LADEN: We are thankful to the Momin and valiant people of Pakistan who erected a blockade in front of the evil forces and stood in the first file of battle. Pakistan is a great hope for the Islamic brotherhood. Its people are awakened, organized and rich in the spirit of faith. They backed Afghanistan in its war against the Soviet Union and extended every help to the mojahedeen (freedom fighters) and the Afghan people. Then these are very Pakistanis who are standing shoulder by shoulder with the Taleban. If such people emerge in just two countries, the domination of the West will diminish in a matter of days. Our hearts beat with Pakistan and, God forbid, if a difficult time comes we will protect it with our blood. Pakistan is sacred for us like a place of worship. We*are the people of jihad and fighting for the defense of Pakistan is the best of all jihads to us. It does not matter for us as to who reforms Pakistan. The important thing is that the spirit of jihad is alive and stronger in the hearts of the Pakistani people.

Source: Ummat, Urdu-language daily newspaper based in Karachi, Pakistan -
Friday, 28 September 2001 - pages 1, 7.
Source: BBC Monitoring Service.
Source: http://www.khilafah.com/ (http://www.khilafah.com/)

Haru-party
May 4, 2011, 11:44 PM
the seventy two virgins are a myth.

i know that but they dont

HereWeGo
May 4, 2011, 11:55 PM
yes yes have been listening to the same thing for three years now. but the truth is wars in palestine,iraq and afghanistan are still on. and u really thing usa care abt innocent ppls life. u r kiddin me mate. they only care abt is oil and money. they want to control the whole world at any cost. thats why they have thousands military camps over the world. and its not abt my knowledge in islam but theirs who create this type of cartoons.

Arguing with you my friend is a complete waste of my time.
U are a complete loon and reminds me of lot of Pak posters in forums elsewhere...

Haru-party
May 5, 2011, 12:02 AM
Arguing with you my friend is a complete waste of my time.
U are a complete loon and reminds me of lot of Pak posters in forums elsewhere...

hey....dont take it personally. we have different opinions in this matter and nothing will change arguing here. only god knows the truth. take care.....god bless america ( hope u r happy now)

Banglatiger84
May 5, 2011, 12:09 AM
A captured Osama would have led to :

1) Kidnappings and attacks to "free" him.
2) The possibility of some countries being extremely embarassed. What if Osama claimed during a trial, that he was supported by many Saudi govt figures or Pakistani govt figures? The ones happiest with him dying are the Saudis, and then the Pakistanis

Dilscoop
May 5, 2011, 12:16 AM
4 airplanes struck a pair of one of the tallest buildings in the whole World. It killed nearly 3000 people, and it affected 3000 families and the whole world, not just America. People lost their loved ones. Those who were in the building counted their last breath and saw their death creep up on them right in front of their eyes. They looked down the windows for help, and those who stood on the streets near by looked up hopelessly, with their hands tied to their back. Now if you are dumb enough to believe that this was an inside job, if you really think American Government killed their own people, broke their own billion dollar creation, just so that they can go after Saddam and Osama and then spend trillions of dollars and troops there for 10 years, then you are ineffingsane. "They are going after Iraq's oil" hell they are. The amount money that the US spent on this War could buy a whole new Iraq. Osama declared War against us, he killed innocent people and you can't expect US to just sit there and accept it!! This was a War not just against America, Muslims and Islam as well.

Why don't you just stop hating on people blindly and look at it from a different point of view, sane point of view. Lets just forget the fact that this happened in America, to Americans... This happened to bunch of everyday, regular people like you and me, they used to breath the same air. Have some respect. Please. This isn't the place for you to be an Anti-America.

Dilscoop
May 5, 2011, 12:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se38cIQSoIg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS1zsjDtbMQ&feature=related

Just watch this documentary and have some sympathy

Zunaid
May 5, 2011, 12:27 AM
http://thewritersclub.wordpress.com/2009/09/11/tribute-to-911-bangladeshi-victims/

Tribute : The Bangladeshis Killed in 9/11
September 11, 2009 in Uncategorized | Tags: 9/11, 911 Bangladeshi Victims, Bangladesh, Bangladeshis killed in 911, Twin Towers, World Trade Center | by xanthis
M. Tawsif Salam
11 September, 2009, Dhaka

Clockwise: Mohammed Salahuddin Chowdhury, Mohammad Shahjahan, Nurul Haque Miah, Abul Kashem Chowdhury, Shakila Yasmin and Shabbir Ahmed.
Immediately after the horrible 9/11 attacks, the perception about Bangladeshi fatalities was that at least 50 of our countrymen have been missing in the rubles, dead or else. Watching the twin towers of the World Trade Center emitting smokes almost like two sky-scrapping chimneys, initially very few people overseas were concerned about knowing how much people of what nationalities have been victims, apart from those who knowingly had family members, coworkers or friends working in New York’s Lower Manhattan that day.

People of approximately 60 nationalities were among the victims. The initial perception of around 50 Bangladeshis killed was later corrected as there were 12 Bangladeshi victims documented. Now this information too ain’t assuring as there were talks that there could be some Bangladeshis working around but ‘not documented’, might have been in terms of legal measures. This means disappointment, that the actual number of how many Bangladeshis were killed in 11 September 2001 attacks won’t be known ever.

For someone looking for stuffs about the Bangladeshi victims of 9/11, the initial disgust will be offered by the authority of Bangladesh, that’s our government. Throughout a staggering hunt for information about brothers & sisters we lost that day, one will completely fail to get something that can be thought is given or provided by any agencies or departments of Bangladesh government. It’s understandable that during the attack the administration at home was to execute a general election of nearly 70 million voters, so it couldn’t respond at once. But not only years passed rather it’s being almost a decade after a number of Bangladeshi deaths overseas, we rarely found any of our government people to pronounce a word about it or to provide at least some statistics. It can be that we ain’t keen enough to get them so they ain’t keen enough to provide.

Among 12 confirmed Bangladeshis who were killed on September 11, 2001 there are Mohammad Sadeque Ali, Shabbir Ahmed, Nurul Haque Miah, Nurul’s wife Shakila Yasmin, Mohammad Shahjahan, Mohammed Salahuddin Chowdhury, Abul Kashem Chowdhury, Navid Hossain, Osman Ghani and Ashfaq Ahmed. As the Bangladesh High Commission at United States has a confirmation of 12 victims, definitely there are two more names those I’ve failed to mention here. However all the mentioned 10 were the citizens of United States of America and except Ashfaq Ahmed, Navid Hossain & Osman Ghani, I can provide at least something about seven others.

Mohammad Sadeque Ali
Mohammad Sadeque Ali, 62, according to a former Bangladeshi diplomat Syed Muazzem Ali, was a newspaper vendor. He lived in New York’s Jackson Heights with his wife Mumtaz. During the attack Ali was at Lower Manhattan presumably somewhere too-close-to or inside the World Trade Center and was later never found.

Shabbir Ahmed

Shabbir Ahmed
Shabbir Ahmed, 47, worked in the famous ‘Windows on The World’ restaurant on the 106th floor of the WTC North Tower. Migrated to US from Bangladesh in 1981, he loved the job he had in ‘Windows on The World’ and he stayed there for 11 years. Ahmed was married to Jeba and the couple had three children. Ahmed became able to meet his dream of sending all of them for college education. At the time of Ahmed’s death, a son named Tanvir was 16-year old and a daughter that went to Brooklyn College were 19-year old. The family’s home is at Marine Park, Brooklyn, New York. At the time a plane penetrated the tower, Ahmed was at work in his beloved workplace with 89 other coworkers including Mohammed Salahuddin Chowdhury, another Bangladeshi employee in there, reportedly were serving 76 guests; none of the people survived.

Mohammad Shahjahan

Mohammad Shahjahan
Mohammad Shahjahan, 41, lived with his wife Mansura at Spring Valley, a neighborhood at the border of towns Ramapo and Clarkstown at Rockland County, New York. He was a Computer Administrator in the professional service provider & insurance brokerage farm Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. (MMC)., which held offices between floors 93 & 100, the ultimate impact zone of the attack. 295 employees including Shahjahan and two other Bangladeshis, Nurul Haque Miah & Shakila Yasmin, were working at MMC at the time of attack; among them nobody survived.

Abul Kashem Chowdhury

Abul Kashem Chowdhury
Abul Kashem Chowdhury, 30, was 2nd generation Bangladeshi-American, child of a former Bangladeshi diplomat. He resided in New York with his family of his wife, parents, a brother and two sisters. A College of Staten Island graduate, Chowdhury was about to pursue a career on computer expertise, which even he had one at financial services farm Cantor Fitzgerald L.P. as a Senior Assistant Analyst. His brother Abul Qaiser Chowdhury said that he and his brother worked to support their family; have been like two arms to their loved ones. During the attack Chowdhury was on the 103rd floor, who even called his brother after the plane made the hit and he was approaching to come down, but the communication was tragically brief and everything was finished in hours. Months before the attack Chowdhury got married to Young Kim, a 2nd generation Korean-American. Kim, remarking his husband as a ‘devoted moviegoer’, was about to go to movies with him after work on the fateful day.

Mohammed Salahuddin Chowdhury

Mohammad Salahuddin Chowdhury
Mohammed Salahuddin Chowdhury, 38, was a Queens, New York resident where he lived with his wife Baraheen Ashrafi. Salahuddin, a Dhaka University physics graduate, migrated to US in 1987. In US he studied real-estate and also obtained a diploma in Computer Science. Initially he worked in Baltimore but later came to New York for something better would come up. He decided to stay in New York in anyways so he started working in the famous ‘Windows on The World’ restaurant as a waiter. Salahuddin & Baraheen had a 6-year old boy. In the time of attacks Baraheen was pregnant and was due to operate at late hours of the fateful date. In fact Salahuddin usually attended the work in evening hours but that day chose to serve in the morning so that he could stay with his wife to the operation. Farqad Chowdhury, born 48-hours after deadly attack took away his father with 88 other coworkers, has been perhaps one of the first 9/11 orphans to be born. HBO’s 9/11 documentary “In Memoriam: New York City, 9/11/01” has covered the tragic fate of Salahuddin’s family.

Nurul Haque Miah

Nurul Haque Miah
Nurul Haque Miah, 35, was born in Bangladesh to an immensely pious family in 1966. A mid-80s immigrant to US, Nurul started working for Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc., (MMC) in 1986. In 1999 he married Shakila Yasmin; an early-90s immigrant whom he met in a friend’s wedding in 1995 & dated for 5 years. Nurul had a very good reputation at work & was awarded as recognition of merit in MMC. Nurul studied and had a degree in audiovisual technology, as the final position he had in MMC was an Audiovisual Technologist where he worked for 15 years. Nurul’s workplace was on the 93rd floor. But during the attack he was in a meeting on the 99th floor, while his wife Shakila, also an MMC employee, was on the 97th floor; MMC was a tenant holding 8 floors from 93rd to 100th. To mention, all these floors got the worst impact after the plane made hit especially the floors 93th-99th through where the plane actually penetrated, let as assume Nurul and his wife to be two of the very initial victims of the deadly attack.

Shakila Yasmin

Shakila Yasmin
Shakila Yasmin, 26, wife of Nurul Haque Miah, went to US with her parents Sharif A. Chowdhury and Shawkat Ara Sharif when she was 16. She did her S.S.C in Bangladesh and in US got admitted in Wakefield High School in Arlington, Virginia. Obtaining US citizenship in the sixth year of stay, she graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University in 1999 with a degree of Management Information Systems. As told before, she was married to Nurul Haque Miah in 1999, joined her husband’s workplace MMC as a Computer Assistant one year prior to the deadly attack. She was on the 93rd floor when the first plane penetrated the building.

Renaming Brooklyn Streets after Shakila and Nurul

Shakila Yasmin and Nurul Haque Miah
Nurul and Shakila lived in Brooklyn, New York and they had a very good relationship with the neighbors. One of their neighbors Diane Hunt, touched by her neighbors’ tragic deaths, took an initiative to propose renaming of the street in Brooklyn in names of Shakila and Nurul, took the matter to the city council. At her proposition and consent from the fellow councilors, the Mayor of New York City Michael Bloomberg (world’s 8th richest man, the Republican politician who owns Bloomberg L.P) passed a bill 746-A on 29 December, 2005 that renamed a total 67 streets of New York, including the Evington Avenue and the Third Avenue in Brooklyn those got the new name “Shakila Yasmin & Nurul Haque Miah 9-11 Memorial Way”. Mayor Bloomberg, fellow New Yorker Hunt and others who consented in paying respect to our fallen countrymen are yet to receive gratitude officially from Bangladesh. You know we have a lot of real works to do than just go thanking people like recently dead Senator Ted Kennedy who was singled out in US Senate just for talking for Bangladesh in 1971, or the Jewish NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg who honored Bangladesh by naming streets whereas he could choose from people of 59 other nationalities.

Zeeshan
May 5, 2011, 12:37 AM
4 airplanes struck a pair of one of the tallest buildings in the whole World. It killed nearly 3000 people, and it affected 3000 families and the whole world, not just America. People lost their loved ones. Those who were in the building counted their last breath and saw their death creep up on them right in front of their eyes. They looked down the windows for help, and those who stood on the streets near by looked up hopelessly, with their hands tied to their back. Now if you are dumb enough to believe that this was an inside job, if you really think American Government killed their own people, broke their own billion dollar creation, just so that they can go after Saddam and Osama and then spend trillions of dollars and troops there for 10 years, then you are ineffingsane. "They are going after Iraq's oil" hell they are. The amount money that the US spent on this War could buy a whole new Iraq. Osama declared War against us, he killed innocent people and you can't expect US to just sit there and accept it!! This was a War not just against America, Muslims and Islam as well.

Why don't you just stop hating on people blindly and look at it from a different point of view, sane point of view. Lets just forget the fact that this happened in America, to Americans... This happened to bunch of everyday, regular people like you and me, they used to breath the same air. Have some respect. Please. This isn't the place for you to be an Anti-America.

I don't think people are being intentionally disrespectful. Rather the word that would sum it up would be: DENIAL.

And I see your points, but by posting the videos you are appealing to emotion. Now someone may very easily put Palestinian sufferings and plights and counter your argument.

This thread is getting derailed as it is.

Edit: Thanks for the vidoes though; haven't seen them before.

Sakib
May 5, 2011, 01:38 AM
just wondering those who are hell bent that osama was behind 911, is there any proof? was he convicted? did he confess? (other than the fake cia clips) i am genuinely interested.

Jonas
May 5, 2011, 02:57 AM
Will they EVER release the video of this operation? Even if they don't release the actual shooting incident, at least the can show bin Laden's final moments before being shot. That will shut up most conspiracy theorists.

Night_wolf
May 5, 2011, 03:38 AM
obama says pics will not be made public

Jonas
May 5, 2011, 04:19 AM
obama says pics will not be made public

I think he meant picture of bin Laden's bullet-ridden face. And I agree with that decision of not releasing gruesome photos. But I think they can release bin Laden's photos/videos before he was shot down. The SEAL team members had video cameras installed on their helmets.

Jadukor
May 5, 2011, 04:59 AM
i have stopped talking to people about the OBL topic... because it seems there is an idiot in every dinner/lunch table who would proclaim: i don't buy the media...we all are brain washed... he is not dead... 9/11 was an inside job... Jews are responsible for my constipation... etc etc... and give that "I am smarter than all of you because i know the real truth" kinda face...

its better to just stay quiet and preserve my precious brain cells

Ajfar
May 5, 2011, 05:33 AM
Thanks for that list Doc. I had no idea we lost that many Bangladeshi people. I'm pretty sure Shakila Yasmin was a long distance relative of mine. My mom had told me about a husband and wife we knew that passed away in 9/11 but I didn't know their name.

Zunaid
May 5, 2011, 05:55 AM
I had lost two friends. They were not deshis. We had just moved from NY to Austin, TX leaving many friends behind. One of my closest friend from Bangladesh had his office there but thankfully he was on a business trip. He was determined to give something back to his adopted country that he joined the local volunteer fire department. To this day, almost 10 years later, he is still serving.

Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country.

HereWeGo
May 5, 2011, 09:50 AM
just wondering those who are hell bent that osama was behind 911, is there any proof? was he convicted? did he confess? (other than the fake cia clips) i am genuinely interested.

I dont believe that I am actually replying to this God Awful post...

This cannot be a coincidence that every plane that crashed had 5 arabs on their passenger list and 1 to 2 of them from those 5 also attended the flight school. All of them had militant ties inside Saudi,Afghanistan and Pakistan. Bin Laden never took the credit for it but he never denied either. He praised the people for the terrorism act. He was the number 1 terrorist even before 911 since he was responsible for the embassy bombing in Tanzania and Kenya. So he effin deserves to be shot on the head...

akabir77
May 5, 2011, 10:05 AM
errm....how bout shooting in the leg and injuring him? one would think few dozens mighty seals should be able to capture an unarmed man alive. or is it too much to ask?

and give him time to blow himself up? he was not naked he didn't have any fire arms per say. how would they know that he didn't had a gun hiding in his pajama? they asked him to surrender and he didn't instead hid behind another guy's wife...

roman
May 5, 2011, 11:09 AM
i have stopped talking to people about the OBL topic... because it seems there is an idiot in every dinner/lunch table who would proclaim: i don't buy the media...we all are brain washed... he is not dead... 9/11 was an inside job... Jews are responsible for my constipation... etc etc... and give that "I am smarter than all of you because i know the real truth" kinda face...

its better to just stay quiet and preserve my precious brain cells

you've just said it bro...no matter how hard you try to explain with logics they will just say "Allah jane" (obviously he knows the best) and that will literally end all the logical arguments...

Beamer
May 5, 2011, 11:37 AM
There is an awful amount of OBL sympathizers and passive apologists among Muslims. Some are unfortunately in this forum. There is no point arguing with them. They believe what they want to believe. This man OBL and his jihadi followers are responsible for so many deaths, including a huge number of Muslims around the world, before-during-post 9/11, and we still turn the other cheek and choose to live in complete denial. Did US break any law? Perhaps, even though OBL had no regard for any human inspired laws.

Banglaguy
May 5, 2011, 11:42 AM
Inshallah, Allah forgives his sins.

AsifTheManRahman
May 5, 2011, 11:45 AM
Inshallah, Allah forgives his sins.
Are you freaking kidding me?

Beamer
May 5, 2011, 11:51 AM

Revenge attacks and hostage takings are entirely different matters. Hostage takers can always seek leverage and have the upper hand in their demand, since their victims are still alive, and Govt.s around the world are often forced to meet the demands due to public and political pressure. Keeping this monkey alive meant one of his nut job followers will scoop up a few innocent bystanders, hold them hostage, which is a cowardly thing to do, and use them as leverage to free their leader.

Western Democracies are not based on Quranic or other theological laws. If we don't like it, we should get the heck out and move to a place like Saudi Arabia where that applies. So, your Quran citation has no meaning here.

Where is your sympathy for all the unarmed 'civilian' victims in the Kenyan Embassies, or the London buses, or the peace loving people of Bali, or the innocent working people plunging to their deaths from the Twin Towers?

This is a good day for humanity, and a greater day for Muslims.

Beamer
May 5, 2011, 11:54 AM

No, he is not. Tons of apologists around. I have even heard well educated people with Phd. degrees like him.

Night_wolf
May 5, 2011, 11:54 AM
relax..the guy is dead now

Beamer
May 5, 2011, 11:58 AM
It looks like a big number of resident OBL apologists are residing in UK. I think UK has a major radical problem, even in the Bangladeshi community. Very concerning.

Nafi
May 5, 2011, 11:59 AM
I think he meant picture of bin Laden's bullet-ridden face. And I agree with that decision of not releasing gruesome photos. But I think they can release bin Laden's photos/videos before he was shot down. The SEAL team members had video cameras installed on their helmets.

But then people will find out he was executed/killed in cold blood.

Dilscoop
May 5, 2011, 12:00 PM
My post was meant to stay away from that topic, and I was asking people to focus more on the victims, and have more respect for them, and be more sensitive about it. Z mentioned it, as soon as it was opened, and some of you just totally ignored it.

Only thing I find suspicious about this is that Laden pops up every four years, and some where close to the Voting days. While Bush used this "Laden" card very obviously, right before the voting day, like he would, like a retard (he is one of the reason why things were so suspicious). Obama used it more smartly, but he went straight to finale, so there won't be any more ep of this, he is stupid too. -- We are talking if Osama is indeed America's 2nd hand guy. Also those 2 key witnesses death in 08, just randomly, out of no where were suspicious too.

I have my doubts on both the theories. And I am willing and opened to believe whatever is proven to me. I am not just gonna blindly accept something. I am not going to just blindly except it. With Bush Admin, anything was possible. And at the same time, even though it was Bush, I doubts he would do such a thing like that.

Dilscoop
May 5, 2011, 12:04 PM
It looks like a big number of resident OBL apologists are residing in UK. I think UK has a major radical problem, even in the Bangladeshi community. Very concerning.
Not just here, I noticed that in other forums too.

Why don't you guys go worry about your royal weddings and your big weird hats and your tea, and leave the real stuff to us. :)

roman
May 5, 2011, 12:14 PM
All the media attention from the royal wedding is gone. hahaha...

al Furqaan
May 5, 2011, 01:50 PM
My post was meant to stay away from that topic, and I was asking people to focus more on the victims, and have more respect for them, and be more sensitive about it. Z mentioned it, as soon as it was opened, and some of you just totally ignored it.

Only thing I find suspicious about this is that Laden pops up every four years, and some where close to the Voting days. While Bush used this "Laden" card very obviously, right before the voting day, like he would, like a retard (he is one of the reason why things were so suspicious). Obama used it more smartly, but he went straight to finale, so there won't be any more ep of this, he is stupid too. -- We are talking if Osama is indeed America's 2nd hand guy. Also those 2 key witnesses death in 08, just randomly, out of no where were suspicious too.

I have my doubts on both the theories. And I am willing and opened to believe whatever is proven to me. I am not just gonna blindly accept something. I am not going to just blindly except it. With Bush Admin, anything was possible. And at the same time, even though it was Bush, I doubts he would do such a thing like that.

sums up my thoughts almost to the T. not sure what to think. i've got issues with both theories. i think the official account is most probably true - but i think there are essential components which will forever be kept secret in order to achieve our foreign policy objectives. we can't forget that politicians are actually not human, they are manipulators. Cheney to Khaleda, Trump to Bhutto, they've all stolen money from their own people. clinton couldn't admit that he cheated on his wife. these people by and large do not know how to tell the truth with any level of sincerity.

Banglaguy
May 5, 2011, 02:51 PM
When he was dead, his teeth bared, which the sign o a martyr... type in youtube when death becomes a wedding... Although he killed innocents is not right, he fought for what he believed in, and fought for his people

Nafi
May 5, 2011, 03:39 PM
I find anyone taking the idea he had a bomb vest on him, on standby to be laughable.

Haru-party
May 5, 2011, 04:15 PM
When he was dead, his teeth bared, which the sign o a martyr... type in youtube when death becomes a wedding... Although he killed innocents is not right, he fought for what he believed in, and fought for his people

1st of all he is not a martyr!!! what he believed is not just wrong but evil. but with his death we will never come to know who really were behind 9/11 who used his blind believes for their benifit. ( i'm afraid to take any name in this forum now. OMM USA nomo nomo, sarakkhon americar pa chato)

Purbasha T
May 5, 2011, 04:38 PM
I want proooooooooof before I accept any piece of masalas from any tom-dick-harry.

And guys, some of you while asking others to be respectful are being disrespectful yourselves, what's so difficult to handle? You have your own opinons based on what you know, others have their own.

And don't put everyone who doesn't believe Osama is blameworthy in the same bracket. I, for one, am not giving Osama martyrdom but I wouldn't make him the villain of my life either until I have sufficient evidence backing up that claim.

There are so many kinds of possible ''truths'' flying around that it's impossible to just stay on one boat and close the case for good. And all the theories have their fair share of ''evidences''. Maybe, I haven't really been up-to-date in last couple years plus I didn't even know who Osama was before 9/11 happened.

Anyway, I see quite a good part of BC forumers believe that Osama really was the bad man and he was at the helm of most of the terror attacks that he's accused of causing, including 9/11. Now WHY do you think so? What exactly is the basis of your current opinion about this whole thing? What evidence did you come across that looked so dependable to you?!?!

Convince me, if you can be arsed to!

Dilscoop
May 5, 2011, 04:44 PM
^ Location: London

of course

Purbasha T
May 5, 2011, 04:50 PM
^ Yep, I'm a member of the London Jihadi party ready to take out anyone coming my way; be that icecream scoop, Fatman Scoop, or Dilscoop!

Dilscoop
May 5, 2011, 04:52 PM
Dehhee! Gud uan!

Sakib
May 5, 2011, 04:54 PM
I dont believe that I am actually replying to this God Awful post...

sorry if that looked like an 'Awful' post. that wasn't my intention. i was sincerely looking for some proofs that show osama was THE MAN behind 911, as to my knowledge there is none [of course other than that pathetically fake 'confession' video]. but looks like you don't have anything new to share with me. too bad.

Bin Laden never took the credit for it but he never denied either.

umm...he didn't deny? care to go back to page 5 and read the interview he gave? you possibly won't. so to make the job easier for you here is an excerpt.

"I have already said that I am not involved in the 11 September attacks in the United States. As a Muslim, I try my best to avoid telling a lie. I had no knowledge of these attacks, nor do I consider the killing of innocent women, children and other humans as an appreciable act. Islam strictly forbids causing harm to innocent women, children and other people. Such a practice is forbidden even in the course of a battle."

He was the number 1 terrorist even before 911 since he was responsible for the embassy bombing in Tanzania and Kenya. So he effin deserves to be shot on the head...

he might be the 'no. 1 terrorist' in the world before 911, but was he shot in the head for that? and sorry to disappoint you, but no one 'deserves' to be shot on the head, especially when the person in question was not even found guilty. it reminds me of all the extra judicial killings that our beloved RAB performs routinely. and ironically you will find the same US showing concerns for such deaths. oh the hypocrisy.

excuse me? since when asking forgiveness to Allah for a fellow Muslim is 'freaking kidding'? just so you know he is not 'freaking kidding', here is an extremely basic lesson on Islam.

did the guy believe in Allah and Prophet Mohammad (PBUH)? Yes. So he was a Muslim and that is enough to make dua for him. he might be the biggest sinner in the world. but only Allah knows what was in his heart and we mere mortals don't. and suspicion is a very serious matter. [disclaimer: this reply applies to you if you are Muslim. but if are one of the many murtads in this forum, then sorry, above reply won't make any sense.]

No, he is not. Tons of apologists around. I have even heard well educated people with Phd. degrees like him.

correct. how come educated people with Phds can use their brain to question the news coming from mainstream media like FOX and CNN? doesn't make any sense, does it? i think their Phds are false. what do you say?

very concerning indeed. even Bangladeshi people using their head to verify news these days. what is happening to this world. where is the good 'ol days when these people used to believe everything unconditionally, like the heard of sheep. we ought to be concerned.

sorry for the long winded post. i am not exactly known for that. but some of the replies here are borderline hilarious and i just couldn't help myself from replying.

Haru-party
May 5, 2011, 04:54 PM
I want proooooooooof before I accept any piece of masalas from any tom-dick-harry.

And guys, some of you while asking others to be respectful are being disrespectful yourselves, what's so difficult to handle? You have your own opinons based on what you know, others have their own.

And don't put everyone who doesn't believe Osama is blameworthy in the same bracket. I, for one, am not giving Osama martyrdom but I wouldn't make him the villain of my life either until I have sufficient evidence backing up that claim.

There are so many kinds of possible ''truths'' flying around that it's impossible to just stay on one boat and close the case for good. And all the theories have their fair share of ''evidences''. Maybe, I haven't really been up-to-date in last couple years plus I didn't even know who Osama was before 9/11 happened.

Anyway, I see quite a good part of BC forumers believe that Osama really was the bad man and he was at the helm of most of the terror attacks that he's accused of causing, including 9/11. Now WHY do you think so? What exactly is the basis of your current opinion about this whole thing? What evidence did you come across that looked so dependable to you?!?!

Convince me, if you can be arsed to!
This.

Haru-party
May 5, 2011, 04:58 PM
^ Yep, I'm a member of the London Jihadi party ready to take out anyone coming my way; be that icecream scoop, Fatman Scoop, or Dilscoop!

hahaha dilu effed :-D

Dilscoop
May 5, 2011, 04:58 PM
Did any of you actually read the 9/11 commission report? It may not be 100% true, but don't just completely ignore it and make up your own theories.

Dilscoop
May 5, 2011, 05:08 PM
And you ask for proof, what's your proof for your "Osama is not the real bad guy" theory? At least we have a "official commission report" to back up our theory, which is the "official theory." How did you come up with yours? pulleditoutofmyass.com? Ihateamerica.net?

Sakib
May 5, 2011, 05:12 PM
And you ask for proof, what's your proof for your "Osama is not the real bad guy" theory? At least we have a "official commission report" to back up our theory, which is the "official theory." How did you come up with yours? pulleditoutofmyass.com? Ihateamerica.net?

sorry, i don't put much value on 'theory'. because end of the day its just that, a theory, not fact. whereas the interview posted above is a fact that osama claimed he was not behind 911.

Bancan
May 5, 2011, 05:17 PM
This thread turned really stupid.

goru
May 5, 2011, 05:18 PM

Mission Accomplished!

Rifat
May 5, 2011, 05:21 PM
what is the real benefit of arguing over the net? create virtual enemies? Both parties, (people who believe theat Laden has nothing to do with the attack and those who say Laden has everything to do with the attack) i can say about 99.99999% of ALL BC members would CONDEMN any form of terrorist attack(such as mass murder of innocent civilians) whether it be done by anybody. so why are we always fighting over petty issues? what are we benefitting out of this?

there is no denying everybody has their own view, their own understanding of life, which is DISTINCT and unique from everyone else and that's one of the beautiful aspects of life.

I am very hopeful, that true justice would be served, on the day of judgement. so i am not really worried!

I ask Allah to strenghten the families of those who lost loved ones thorugh unjust means. Please Allah easen their pain, and grant them true justice your way...

*waits for intellectual members to bash me*

Dilscoop
May 5, 2011, 05:22 PM
Kids, this is why you stay in School.

Purbasha T
May 5, 2011, 05:25 PM

Thanks, that was beneficial.

Dilscoop
May 5, 2011, 05:28 PM
Better than what you londoners have been postin :)

HereWeGo
May 5, 2011, 05:29 PM

LOL! at the so called youth.... They think they are the S***!!! hahaha, no wonder they end up dropping out...

this is why most of them needs a girl freind, atleast than they would not get the time to watch all this shitty conspiracy theory documentaries which btw is also produced by high school drop outs...

Purbasha T
May 5, 2011, 05:31 PM
And you ask for proof, what's your proof for your "Osama is not the real bad guy" theory?

I have no ''Osama is not the real bad guy'' theory. In fact, I have no theory.

At least we have a "official commission report" to back up our theory, which is the "official theory."

And the reason that I should believe that all of it are factual is...

How did you come up with yours? pulleditoutofmyass.com? Ihateamerica.net?

:-|

Purbasha T
May 5, 2011, 05:36 PM

LOL! at the so called youth.... They think they are the S***!!! hahaha, no wonder they end up dropping out...

this is why most of them needs a girl freind, atleast than they would not get the time to watch all this shitty conspiracy theory documentaries which btw is also produced by high school drop outs...

http://0.tqn.com/d/physics/1/0/C/0/-/-/Einstein_tongue.jpg

Haru-party
May 5, 2011, 05:37 PM

go to itanimulli.com and i am serious

Purbasha T
May 5, 2011, 05:39 PM
And you ask for proof, what's your proof for your "Osama is not the real bad guy" theory?

As I said I have no ''Osama is not the real bad guy'' theory. But I have come across so many instances where the truth had been hidden under the carpet and the mighties made the masses believe only what they wanted them to believe.

AsifTheManRahman
May 5, 2011, 05:42 PM
what is the real benefit of arguing over the net? create virtual enemies? Both parties, (people who believe theat Laden has nothing to do with the attack and those who say Laden has everything to do with the attack) i can say about 99.99999% of ALL BC members would CONDEMN any form of terrorist attack(such as mass murder of innocent civilians) whether it be done by anybody. so why are we always fighting over petty issues? what are we benefitting out of this?

My thoughts exactly. As I said previously in this thread, at the end of the day, the only thing that matters (at least to me, personally) is the loss of innocent lives. Justice must be served, the truth unearthed, etc etc, but none of that matters when innocent people are losing their lives/families. War (be it by governments or terrorist organizations) is never worth it unless it's on a cricket pitch, where anything less than a crack of the helmet from a Rubel Hossain bouncer should be deemed blasphemous.

And as you said, I don't think anyone else here supports killing innocents either. So it does sound like people are arguing over very little.

Bancan
May 5, 2011, 05:50 PM
Thanks, that was beneficial.

I will call it as I see it. Most of you are arguing for the sake of it.

Purbasha T
May 5, 2011, 05:54 PM
..that true justice would be served, on the day of judgement.

The only thought that calms me down.

I ask Allah to strenghten the families of those who lost loved ones thorugh unjust means. Please Allah easen their pain, and grant them true justice your way...

Ameen!

*waits for intellectual members to bash me*

I know maaaan, can you imagine we have people here who doesn't even value Einstein? Forget the rest of the petty souls.

Purbasha T
May 5, 2011, 06:03 PM
I will call it as I see it. Most of you are arguing for the sake of it.

A few might be. But I'm (and quite a few others are I believe) just hesitant in cursing a particular person/group before I'm completely sure of their wrong-doings, in a world that you can't even be sure who's lying and who's not, no matter who they are.

Bancan
May 5, 2011, 06:05 PM
A few might be. But I'm (and quite a few others are I believe) just hesitant in cursing a particular person/group before I'm completely sure of their wrong-doings, in a world that you can't even be sure who's lying and who's not, no matter who they are.

I dont think you need to believe in anything anyone( western media/govt) says to know how horrible of a person Bin Laden was. If you dont think so then you need wake up.

Purbasha T
May 5, 2011, 06:06 PM
So it does sound like people are arguing over very little.

The main arguement is over whether bin Laden caused 9/11 or not. And neither sides' claims are satisfactory.

Purbasha T
May 5, 2011, 06:08 PM
I dont think you need to believe in anything anyone( western media/govt) says to know how horrible of a person Bin Laden was. If you dont think so then you need wake up.

The supposed 'apologists' have exactly the same logic but the opposite claim.

Bancan
May 5, 2011, 06:13 PM
The supposed 'apologists' have exactly the same logic but the opposite claim.

So you dont think Osama is a horrible person? Even if he was not behind the 9/11 attacks, he was responsible for the deaths of many before and after 9/11.

roman
May 5, 2011, 06:58 PM
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article28024.htm

You guys might want to read this. interesting....

Nafi
May 5, 2011, 07:52 PM
Doesn't anyone have issue of him being killed in cold blood, unarmed.

He should have captured alive and tried.

There is a process.