PDA

View Full Version : Stories of Muslim Reverts

BanCricFan
May 8, 2011, 07:25 AM
http://<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/p7a7ywCJ65Y?version=3 allowScriptAccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"> (http://<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p7a7ywCJ65Y?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p7a7ywCJ65Y?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>)

BanCricFan
May 8, 2011, 07:27 AM
http://<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/c0Wl0W1ou1g?version=3 allowScriptAccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"> (http://<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c0Wl0W1ou1g?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c0Wl0W1ou1g?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>)

iDumb
May 8, 2011, 09:31 AM
anybody else read the title as "story of Muslim Perverts"? For a second, I thought I would be reading about Tonoy.

Naimul_Hd
May 8, 2011, 10:23 AM
ShubhanaAllah !! Great share BCF !!! Nice to know he's an Aussie bloke :)

rashed411
May 8, 2011, 10:36 AM
anybody else read the title as "story of Muslim Perverts"? For a second, I thought I would be reading about Tonoy.

ahahah...:floor: i thought it said perverts too...

Zeeshan
May 8, 2011, 04:09 PM
:lol: gold

roman
May 8, 2011, 05:23 PM
Thanx for the video..

bdlocal
May 8, 2011, 07:04 PM
That was a wonderful story.

akabir77
May 9, 2011, 10:45 AM
ShubhanaAllah... wonderful to hear/listen.

Ashfaq
May 9, 2011, 04:31 PM
Whats the difference between a "convert" and a "revert" in religious context?

Puck
May 9, 2011, 06:53 PM
Whats the difference between a "convert" and a "revert" in religious context?

It should have read as 'convert'. Revert would indicate 'born again' in the Christian context. Here, revert would refer to an individual originally Muslim, lapsed for a while and finally deciding to 'revert' back to being a Muslim.

This is not a thread I wish to hijack and might I request those who read 'revert' as 'pervert' to find their laughs elsewhere? Some members of this forum are rather more traditionalist and vocal in their pursuit of religion. It is no sweat of my back nor those Muslims who prefer not to be so vocal. If you don't like this thread or other threads glorifying Islam why not ignore them rather than making a banal comment? Why can't we respect each other a little more?

iDumb
May 9, 2011, 08:00 PM
This is not a thread I wish to hijack
yet you did.

might I request those who read 'revert' as 'pervert' to find their laughs elsewhere?
why? Seeing "pervert" in place of "revert" says more about us than the thread unless there are actually more Muslim perverts than reverts, then it makes us visionaries.

Some members of this forum are rather more traditionalist and vocal in their pursuit of religion.
Good and some members this forum are more progressive and vocal in making light of things.

If you don't like this thread or other threads glorifying Islam why not ignore them rather than making a banal comment?
Who said we didn't like this thread? But I liked my joke better. If you are offended by it, too bad - you need to change instead of trying to change me. I am not a traditionalist.

Why can't we respect each other a little more?
who was disrespected in this thread?

roman
May 9, 2011, 09:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qofGS4UhjAI&feature=player_embedded

after 7:45.

Sakib
May 10, 2011, 03:37 AM
It should have read as 'convert'. Revert would indicate 'born again' in the Christian context. Here, revert would refer to an individual originally Muslim, lapsed for a while and finally deciding to 'revert' back to being a Muslim.

not necessarily. in Islam we believe every child is born with 'fitra' or natural disposition to God. but eventually because of up bringing in non-muslim family and society, children are taught to believe in false god(s)/or no belief in God at all. in that sense, many who become Muslim say that they have reverted back to their original belief.

Puck
May 10, 2011, 03:51 AM
yet you did.

why? Seeing "pervert" in place of "revert" says more about us than the thread unless there are actually more Muslim perverts than reverts, then it makes us visionaries.

Good and some members this forum are more progressive and vocal in making light of things.

Who said we didn't like this thread? But I liked my joke better. If you are offended by it, too bad - you need to change instead of trying to change me. I am not a traditionalist.

who was disrespected in this thread?

If you liked the spirit of this thread you wouldn't have made your flippant and immature comment about perversion.

You are all about flippancy and irreverence without any concept of respect for alternative perspectives. While your imbecile humour might amuse yourself but it is disrespectful to the serious tone of the thread implied by the original poster. This thread was an attempted celebration of piety through Islam. You might 'like your joke better' but it disrespects, lowers the tone and subverts the original thread. You can express your impious and for all I care, moronic views in your own irreligious thread, however, here, you are disrespecting the original poster and his views.

You bring in a new level of banality and flippancy which has been tolerated for far too long in this forum. I believe that you were known as Orpheus before and carried the very same sarcastic tone, however, I fear that you'd see this more as an accolade than a critique.

The essence of Bengali culture lay in toleration, moderation and respect for elders.

Puck
May 10, 2011, 03:57 AM
not necessarily. in Islam we believe every child is born with 'fitra' or natural disposition to God. but eventually because of up bringing in non-muslim family and society, children are taught to believe in false god(s)/or no belief in God at all. in that sense, many who become Muslim say that they have reverted back to their original belief.

Sakib, you have clarified the concept of reversion here. Following your assertion, it would suggest that a greater effort is required for the convert, in your terms, the revert to come back to Islam. Does that mean this 'revert' is more highly prized by the creator than the individual who had been born within Islam and had not strayed, perhaps like yourself?

iDumb
May 10, 2011, 05:33 AM
. You might 'like your joke better' but it disrespects, lowers the tone and subverts the original thread. You can express your impious and for all I care, moronic views in your own irreligious thread, however, here, you are disrespecting the original poster and his views.

Do you think before you write or you just write where ever you finger takes you (and I don't wanna know where your finger takes you). Whose views are you talking about? The original poster posted a YOUTUBE video without writing a single text in the body. Which member's views am I disrespecting? You know there is a thread called the "video thread" for youtube clips like this. Not every video you watch on youtube has to be a thread on its own UNLESS you can contribute your own thoughts also - which the original poster failed to do. And here you are talking all nonsense about traditionalist, alternate perspective, views. What's wrong with you? Your cat isn't giving you enough love?

You bring in a new level of banality and flippancy which has been tolerated for far too long in this forum.
Some people enjoy it. But If you feel like this way, next time take your own advice, ignore them and move on. And stop using the word "banal" in every post of yours, it makes you sound like a pervert.

The essence of Bengali culture lay in toleration, moderation and respect for elders.
That is your definition on what the essence of Bengali culture is. To me, essence of bengali culture is eating shorishar ilish, wearing lungi and employing pretty kajer buas because they are so low priced that it's criminal. You see Mr. Traditionalist, you have the tendency to define things for yourself and expect others to adhere to it. That's not gonna happen here or anywhere.

Sohel
May 10, 2011, 07:56 AM
GOD suggests we be tolerant and rational when it comes to the "other". He also suggests we take the high road, seek common ground, celebrate diversity and vie in righteous deeds.

"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

"O you who believe, if a wicked person brings any news to you, you shall first investigate, lest you commit injustice towards some people, out of ignorance, then become sorry and remorseful for what you have done." (Qur'an 49:6)

"O you who believe, you shall avoid any suspicion, for even a little bit of suspicion is sinful. You shall not spy on one another, nor shall you backbite one another; this is as abominable as eating the flesh of your dead brother. You certainly abhor this. You shall observe GOD. GOD is Redeemer, Most Merciful." (Qur'an 49:12)

"O people, We created you from the same male and female, and rendered you distinct peoples and tribes, that you may recognize one another. The best among you in the sight of GOD is the most righteous. GOD is Omniscient, Cognizant." (Qur'an 49:13)

Why? Because GOD has graced each and every one of us, regardless of labels, with fitrah:

Fitra, or fitrah (Ar. فطرة), is an Arabic word meaning ‘disposition’, ‘nature’, ‘constitution’, or ‘instinct’. In a mystical context, it can connote intuition or insight. It is similar to the Calvinist term "Sensus Divinitatis".

According to Islamic theology, human beings are born with an innate inclination of tawhid (Oneness), which is encapsulated in the fitra along with compassion, intelligence, ihsan and all other attributes that embody what it is to be human. It is for this reason that some Muslims prefer to refer to those who embrace Islam as reverts rather than converts, as it is believed they are returning to a perceived pure state.

Allah's Apostle said, "No child is born except on Al-fitra and then his parents make him Jewish, Christian or Magian (Zoroastrian), as an animal produces a perfect young animal: do you see any part of its body amputated?"

- Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 23, Number 441

WikiLink (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitrah)

People adhering to fitrah are the Ahl al-Fatrah:

In Islamic theology, the term Ahl al-Fatrah (Arabic: أهل الفترة‎, ahlu-l-fatratu) refers to everyone whom the da‘wah (message of Islam) has not reached in an uncorrupted manner: the people who live in ignorance of the teachings of Islam, either in geographical isolation, or in times predating Muhammad. The intended meaning is that people living at a time of an interval between two prophets so that they are never exposed to divine revelation.

There is disagreement among Muslim scholars regarding those who had no access to the call of any prophet during their lifetime. Some Muslim scholars maintain that this group of people should have pondered over God's Creation till they perceive the truth. If they managed to reach the truth by their deep thinking, then they will be spared God's Punishment, but not otherwise.

Other Muslim scholars state that people are to adhere to religious ordinances and to proclaim faith only if God sends them a divine legislation through a prophet. This group backs their view by citing the following verse:

We never punish until We have sent a messenger. (Al-Isra 15)

Qur'anic verse,

there is not a nation but a warner hath passed among them. (Fatir 24)

is cited to the effect that a messenger was, indeed, sent to every people. But by the Islamic concept of corruption of divine revelation over time (tahrif), there may still be "people of the interval" who have access only to such corrupted revelations

WikiLink (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahl_al_Fatrah)

The "corrupted" also include Muslims who have inadvertently or deliberately convoluted and misused the revelation, often driven by the ego and its pathology to achieve a social or political outcome. Submission to one's ego is the worst form of idolatry.

This concept of "innate" or "natural" religion has Abrahamic roots. One of my teachers, Rabbi Ben Abrahamson, may GOD continue to grace him with His infinite blessings, is a Hareidi Chassidic scholar of the highest order. He is Consultant, Jerusalem Rabbinical Court and Director, Committee for Historical Research in Islam and Judaism. It is my great honor to introduce this great man to my friends here on BC. May his light and knowledge benefit everyone as it continues to benefit me and countless others.

Here's what he said:

Both Islam and Judaism agree that there is only one acceptable deen (religion) for all mankind. In Hebrew we have called it yireh shamayim (God fearers, submitters), bnei noah. In Aramaic we called it salamai (the complete ones). In Arabic you call it islam.

Both Islam and Judaism agree that Allah SWT has revealed multiple Shari'ahs (covenants) to groups of people over time. Allah SWT revealed different sets of laws for an Ummah to serve Him in the most perfect way.

Where we might differ with some Muslims is that we believe that these Shari'ahs are still active and valid for their Ummah. This is supported by the Qu'ran: "And why do they come to you for a decision while they have the Torah, in which is the Decision of Allah SWT... " (Ma'minim 5.43) and the ahaddith explicitly say that the Mahdi will judge the Jews by the shari'ah of the Torah, Muslims by the shari'ah of the Qur'an etc. Many muslims do not know this. Some draw from Christian theology that the Torah has been abrogated and replaced, but this is not supported by the Qur'an or ahaddith.

"Those who believe, those who are Jews, and the Christians and Sabaeans, all who believe in Allah SWT and the Last Day and act rightly, will have their reward with their Lord. They will feel no fear and will know no sorrow." (Surat Al-Baqara 62)

Rabbi Benamozegh - my teacher - develops the concept of "covenant". He explains that it is like groups of craftsman who gather to build a great palace for a king. Each group thinks that it is the best and most correct, and it is indeed so, because each group is the best and most perfect in its trade. The carpenters are best at what they do. The bricklayers are the best at what they do. The electricians are the best at what they do. What one group teaches as the best way for it to contribute to building the palace, would not be correct for another group. Mixing of talents and techniques would between the groups would reduce the speciality and diversity needed to create the most perfect palace. The diet, clothing and training of each group must necessarily be different. The goal of all of them is the same, and they should compete as if in a race.

Historically, Jews know that for centuries, hundreds of thousands of righteous non-Jews would worship together with the Jews in Jerusalem. The Temple was called by the Prophet "a House of Prayer for All Nations". After the destruction of the the Temple by the Romans, the nation was crushed, the children of Israel fled, and pilgrimages to Jerusalem were forbidden.

Many righteous non-Jews lived in what is now Jordan and Arabia . There was an attempt to rebuild a nation of believers there. However the leadership tried to impose the full the Shari'ah of Moses (pbuh) on the righteous non-Jews, instead of the basic faith of Islam (Bnei Noah). It was supposed to be the "Nation of the LORD" yh-vh-iliyyah, but instead the overburdening and inappropriate application of Torah led to a "nation of ignorance" yahiliyyah.

"Those who follow the apostle, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures),- in the law and the Gospel;- for he commands them what is just and forbids them what is evil; he allows them as lawful what is good (and pure) and prohibits them from what is bad (and impure); He releases them from their heavy burdens and from the yokes that are upon them . So it is those who believe in him, honour him, help him, and follow the light which is sent down with him,- it is they who will prosper" (Surat Al-A'raf 157)

Due to war between Rome and Persia, both the Jews and Christians were trying to claim "Arabia" for their own, imposing upon them their version of the Shari'ah of Musa (pbuh) or the Shari'ah of Isa (pbuh) upon an Ummah to which it did not belong. Rabbi Benamozegh taught that the Prophet (pbuh) was sent by Allah SWT to relieve the burden of the nation. To restore the older, original covenant with mankind, and to make clear the path for his Ummah to follow.

In this context we can understand the verses:

And the Jews [who wished to control Arabia] say: The Christians do not follow anything (good) and the Christians [who wished to control Arabia] say: The Jews do not follow anything (good) while they recite the (same) Book. Even thus say those who have no knowledge, like to what they say; so Allah shall judge between them on the day of resurrection in how they are different. (Surat Al-Baqara 113)

And the Jews will not be pleased with you, nor the Christians until you follow their religion. Say: Surely Allah's guidance, that is the (true) guidance. And if you follow their desires after the knowledge that has come to you, you shall have no guardian from Allah, nor any helper. (Surat Al-Baqara 120)

Judaism agrees with this. The great scholar Maimonides taught that Islam is a return to the monotheism of Abraham. God sent [Qur'anic] Islam to help make straight the path for the King Messiah (Mahdi) and to prepare the whole world to serve the God together. (Teshuvot ha-Rambam 2, no. 293)

In general the ahadith clearly indicate the Prophet (pbuh) opposed the mixing of the Mosaic Shari'ah with the Quranic Shari'ah. Judaism also teaches this.

"Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "The Jews and the Christians do not dye (their grey hair), so you shall do the opposite of what they do." (Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 56, Number 668)

However, this doesn't mean that one Shari'ah is better or worse than another. It means that each Shari'ah is given to an Ummah.

"From amongst all those ummahs you are among the ummah that has been allotted to me and from amongst all the prophets I am the prophet who hath been assigned to you." (Musnad Ahmad)

Allah SWT could have made mankind one Ummah, with one Shari'ah. But we know that each Ummah has been given its own Shari'ah and that we are to compete, as if in a race, for good deeds and virtue.

"To each among you have we prescribed a Shariah (law) and Minhaj (custom). If Allah had so willed, He could have made you a single Ummah (faith community), but (His plan is) to test you in what He hath given you: so strive as in a race in all virtues. The goal of you all is to Allah; it is He that will show you the truth about the matters in which you are different"; (Al Maeda 48)

He also said:

There is a political side to all the events that are happening in the world today. And there is also another side, and that is the teachings that we have been taught from the time we were very young as children growing up in Jewish homes, how to relate to non-Jews, and how to relate to believers, and how to relate to Bnai Noah. I have some quotes here which are things that we have learnt. One is that Maimonides has taught that Islam, the religion of Islam, is a return to the monotheism of Abraham. (Teshuvot ha-Rambam 2, no. 293)

We are taught that the purpose of Islam is to make straight the path to the Messiah to come and to help prepare the whole world to serve Hashem together. As it is said in the book of the Prophet Zephania that when the Messiah comes, Hashem will make the speech of all the people into a pure speech, and all of them will come and call the name of Hashem and serve Him with one accord.(Zephaniah 3:9)

Some people try to say that there are things that are incorrect in Islam, that for instance in the Hajj, the throwing of the stones , they say they are some remnants of some pagan origin. But we are taught that there isn't a Muslim in the world who performs any aspect of the Hajj for any wrong reason, not in word and not in thought. But that their hearts are completely surrendered to Heaven. (Teshuvot ha-Rambam, no. 448)

So the devout Jews are taught to have the greatest respect for the devout among the Muslims, what we call the followers of the teachings of B'nai Noah. And based on the foundations of this respect, we sincerely desire to share our faith and our prayers and work together for the common good with all our Muslim neighbors in Turkey and the entire Middle East.

GOD says:

"He has decreed for you the same system He ordained for Noah, and what We inspired to you, and what We ordained for Abraham, Moses, and Jesus: You shall uphold this system, and do not divide in it. Intolerable for the polytheists is what you invite them towards. God chooses for Himself whoever He wills; He guides to Himself those who repent." - (Qur'an 42:13)

The covenant with Noah (PBUH) means the adherence to 7 laws. They are:

1. Prohibition of idolatry. This includes ego-centrism.

2. Prohibition of murder.

3. Prohibition of theft.

4. Prohibition of sexual immorality. This concerns incest and sexual relations driven purely by selfish lust, rather than holistic tranquility in another.

5. Prohibition of blasphemy. This includes speaking in GOD's name or assuming that He needs us to do his bidding.

6. Prohibition of eating flesh taken from an animal while it is still alive.

7. Establishment of just laws. This means just and equal treatment under the law for everyone. The Prophet's (PBUH) Medina Declaration, Cyrus the Great's Declaration of Rights, Jefferson's Bill of Rights and now the Universal Declaration of Human Rights are good examples of the endeavor to establish such laws.

Peace & GOD bless~

BanCricFan
May 10, 2011, 08:01 AM

Masha Allah! Very eloquently explained. I'll further explain 'fitrah' as the primordial disposition (inherent in every souls) which is naturally inclined towards the Oneness (Tawhid) of Allah/God and His 'nature'. Therefore, when a non-muslim embraces Islam we say he has 'reverted' back to his natural disposition or state.

@ Ashfaq

The use of 'convert' is also acceptable in English. But the usage of 'revert' is more appropriate in light of the above.

BanCricFan
May 10, 2011, 08:27 AM
@Puck,

Though you profess you have no intention of hijacking this tread but by engaging in a needless "Jihad" with idumb you're EXACTLY doing that. But you know this all too well.

@idumb,

The fact that I didn't 'contribute' anything by not writing a single text to the body doesn't mean you should "'trash" the thread. Rather than resorting to the 'esoteric' way of teaching the finer points of BC postings why don't you just simply post what you feel is the right way to make an contribution. I didn't post it in the YOUTUBE video clips thread as I intend to "share" further more stories in the future, Insha Allah. Salaam :)

BanCricFan
May 10, 2011, 08:35 AM
I dedicate the following video particularly to my idumb brother who is fond of texts in a post ;)

http://<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/_J5_VETwfew?version=3 allowScriptAccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"> (http://<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_J5_VETwfew?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_J5_VETwfew?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>)

Isnaad
May 10, 2011, 08:55 AM
Thank you very much BanCricFan bro for the video. I believe, not all things need to have text along with them when a video speaks for itself.....;)

Naimul_Hd
May 10, 2011, 09:13 AM
Excellent share that one BCF !

roman
May 10, 2011, 11:44 AM
Mashallah. This thread is becoming my favorite..

Sakib
May 10, 2011, 03:02 PM
Sakib, you have clarified the concept of reversion here. Following your assertion, it would suggest that a greater effort is required for the convert, in your terms, the revert to come back to Islam. Does that mean this 'revert' is more highly prized by the creator than the individual who had been born within Islam and had not strayed, perhaps like yourself?

just to clarify, you can use either revert or convert. its just a term, nothing much. but some converts prefer the term revert.

God judge us according to our intentions and actions. doesn't matter whether you are a born Muslim or revert. if you are not practicing, if you don't follow the commandments properly, then even if you have reverted, not much value. but the 'advantage' that converts have over us born Muslims is that, at the time they convert, all their past sins are forgiven, i.e. they get a clean sheet. but from that moment forward, we all are same in God's eyes.

simon
May 10, 2011, 03:09 PM

ahahah...:floor: i thought it said perverts too...

me three.:-D

BanCricFan
May 10, 2011, 05:40 PM
Excellent share that one BCF !

Thanks. I'm glad you liked it. :)

rashed411
May 10, 2011, 06:21 PM
Hiphop badboys to true Islam

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jZFueqQnops" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SYcJPyHITM4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Purbasha T
May 10, 2011, 08:28 PM
Here's one:

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IYMKQKSV0bY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

..and our ''pervert'' guys in here need to see eye specialists.

Rumz_01
May 13, 2011, 11:31 AM
[QUOTE=Purbasha T;1339386]

I was just about to post that! I love the part where he goes into the masjid for Jummah prayer lol :)

asdfjkl
May 17, 2011, 01:46 AM
@iDumb
you have missed 2 things already
1) lungi, most comfortable garment ever
2) 70 beautiful virgin female (neither touched by human nor gin) in behesto

Rabz
May 17, 2011, 05:45 AM
SubhanAllah, excellent thread ..

auntu
May 17, 2011, 06:35 AM
Thanks BCF. :)

Rifat
May 17, 2011, 06:23 PM
thanks BCF bro...:)

I loved the part where i asks Allah for a sign liek a thunderbolt, or anything...hahaha and then he randomly opens the Qur'an and Allah shows him this Verse:

"Havn't we showed you enough signs already in the heavens and the earth" this was like WOW! SubhanAllah moment!

Purbasha T
May 23, 2011, 09:22 PM
^ But one problem is I couldn't find that particular verse anywhere in the Qur'an by searching online, maybe the words weren't exact but anyway.. do you know which surah and aayat it is from?

zman
May 23, 2011, 10:24 PM
I think he's referring to the following verse--

Behold! In the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the alternation of night and day-- there are indeed Signs for men of understanding.

-Al Imran [3:190] (Yusuf Ali's translation)

Sakib
May 23, 2011, 11:20 PM
^ But one problem is I couldn't find that particular verse anywhere in the Qur'an by searching online, maybe the words weren't exact but anyway.. do you know which surah and aayat it is from?

apparently you are not alone.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090925220840AASv4aC

mar umpire
May 25, 2011, 04:53 AM
The guy from Orange County visited my uni, gave a talk there.

Dr Laurence Brown's story reminds me of that of Cat Stevens (now Yusuf Islam)

As far as I know the renowned embryologist Dr K Moore is also muslim

Banglaguy
May 25, 2011, 05:06 PM
Yusuf Islam has actually gone back to pop music sadly :'(

mar umpire
May 25, 2011, 07:10 PM
But he's still muslim isn't he? I thought he sang Nasheeds now

Banglaguy
May 26, 2011, 01:45 AM
But he's still muslim isn't he? I thought he sang Nasheeds now

Well, his name isn't actually Yusuf Islam any more, it's just Yusuf now. And he stopped singing nasheeds in 2006 I think.

Rifat
May 27, 2011, 11:07 PM
Brother Yusuf Islam(Cat Stevens) was one of the catalysts of the mass popularization of Islam in the U.K...may Allah bless him and i think he was the first one to open a full time Islamic School in the UK. I pray that He is in good health and state of mind!

My Personal Opinion on Music is that i avoid Music related to Sex, Female Voice, Profanity, and promotion of evil. this is just my opinion and i tend to avoid music as much as i can...except sometimes I just listen to whatever floats my boat :-p I like Calm,Soothing, Relaxing music...of course i grew up in a time where i am surrounded by music whether it be Bollywood, Rap or anything else...

My mom listens to a lot of old classical Bangladeshi music, so I like that too sometimes....a few Modern Bangladeshi Music here and there....

Honestly speaking in the month of Ramadhan: of course
I even try to avoid the other types i mentioned i listen to...

However, I fully Respect those Muslims who prefers to be on the safe side by not listening to any music released nowadays....

BanCricFan
May 28, 2011, 02:39 AM
http://<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/WEaMVY-TnvQ?version=3 allowScriptAccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"> (http://<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WEaMVY-TnvQ?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WEaMVY-TnvQ?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>)

BanCricFan
May 28, 2011, 02:40 AM
http://<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/WiXYlO4Fbzk?version=3 allowScriptAccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"> (http://<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WiXYlO4Fbzk?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WiXYlO4Fbzk?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>)

BanCricFan
May 28, 2011, 02:41 AM
http://<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/RezZC_BB9xs?version=3 allowScriptAccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"> (http://<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RezZC_BB9xs?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RezZC_BB9xs?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>)

Sakib
May 28, 2011, 06:36 PM
not exactly a story, buts gives a glimpse on how europeans, especially women are coming to Islam in large numbers, despite governments in those countries doing everything to make lives difficult for Muslim women.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9JyCnPiwmOQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nafi
May 28, 2011, 08:35 PM
despite governments in those countries doing everything to make lives difficult for Muslim women.

Seriously! Treatment of women in most muslim majority countries are poor, and is many are beyond grotesque and inhumane, most definitely the most unislamic. They cant even fricken drive or play sports in Saudi Arabia

Muslim women would have the easiest lives in Western Europe and Canada, and perhaps some part of the US.

Sakib
May 28, 2011, 11:08 PM
Seriously! Treatment of women in most muslim majority countries are poor, and is many are beyond grotesque and inhumane, most definitely the most unislamic. They cant even fricken drive or play sports in Saudi Arabia

Muslim women would have the easiest lives in Western Europe and Canada, and perhaps some part of the US.

i have no intention to derail this thread. this place is for posting videos and should be kept as such.

but to clarify my position, when i say Muslim women, i mean 'practicing' Muslim women who take their religion seriously and abide by the Islamic life style. from such a viewpoint, europe is increasingly becoming a difficult place to live.

and about saudis stopping women driving cars, thats nothing but stupid.

mar umpire
May 29, 2011, 03:12 AM
Great video ma'shallah BCF-that one of the aus was played in australia a few years back. Haven't seen many played on tv since though

BanCricFan
June 5, 2011, 10:08 AM
Thanks, mar umpire.

http://<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/nicjAQiqojw?version=3 allowScriptAccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"> (http://<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nicjAQiqojw?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nicjAQiqojw?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>)

http://<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/b4LKOJxG0HA?version=3 allowScriptAccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"> (http://<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b4LKOJxG0HA?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b4LKOJxG0HA?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>)

http://<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/mfyWGzqeNDE?version=3 allowScriptAccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"> (http://<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mfyWGzqeNDE?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mfyWGzqeNDE?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>)

Equinox
June 5, 2011, 03:48 PM
i have no intention to derail this thread. this place is for posting videos and should be kept as such.

but to clarify my position, when i say Muslim women, i mean 'practicing' Muslim women who take their religion seriously and abide by the Islamic life style. from such a viewpoint, europe is increasingly becoming a difficult place to live.

and about saudis stopping women driving cars, thats nothing but stupid.
I can't speak for all of Europe but that's definitely not the case in the UK.

BanCricFan
June 7, 2011, 04:24 PM
Subhaan Allah! This is one gem of an interview of Shaiykh Hamza which still continues to inspire me. Although -and with all due respect- the interviewing technique can be a bit off-putting at times. I believe this took place in the early 90s. Hope many of you will find this both intelectually stimulating and a source of inspiration. :)

<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/Dm9tKqjp18Y?version=3 allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always">

BanCricFan
June 20, 2011, 12:41 PM
<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/IFIBC4hR45E?version=3 allowScriptAccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"> (http://<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IFIBC4hR45E?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IFIBC4hR45E?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>)

<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/MEMS6DvRQX8?version=3 allowScriptAccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"> (http://<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MEMS6DvRQX8?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MEMS6DvRQX8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>)

<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/oU_R28q1fzA?version=3 allowScriptAccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"> (http://<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oU_R28q1fzA?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oU_R28q1fzA?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>)

BanCricFan
June 21, 2011, 11:47 AM
Subhaan Allah! Simply an amazing brother and truly an inspiring story!

<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/45Lyf46Khuc?version=3 allowScriptAccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">

Sakib
June 24, 2011, 01:52 AM
Br. Amir Junaid Muhadith aka LOON's convert story. Amazing how a once sh!t mouth rapper can change so much in so little time. Now his speeches are full of wisdom. Seems like he truly understood the meaning of 'brotherhood' in Islam and this is evident in the way he interacts and bonds with fellow Muslims (see in his other clips). Mashallah.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qhLWOXKlHys" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sakib
June 24, 2011, 01:56 AM
I can't speak for all of Europe but that's definitely not the case in the UK.

may be not as bad as rest of europe, but uk has its fair share of right wing thugs aka bnp and e e edl

Rumz_01
July 1, 2011, 03:05 PM
Some truly inspiring videos :)

BanCricFan
July 2, 2011, 02:32 PM
<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/5DtIIftdm7s?version=3 allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"> (http://<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5DtIIftdm7s?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5DtIIftdm7s?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>)

<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/f-chNoNmUOo?version=3 allowScriptAccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"> (http://<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f-chNoNmUOo?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f-chNoNmUOo?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>)

BanCricFan
July 2, 2011, 02:35 PM
<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/213QWuCQ9Ao?version=3 allowScriptAccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"> (http://<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/213QWuCQ9Ao?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/213QWuCQ9Ao?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>)

BanCricFan
July 2, 2011, 02:38 PM
<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/koR_BSsIKoQ?version=3 allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"> (http://<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/koR_BSsIKoQ?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/koR_BSsIKoQ?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>)

BanCricFan
July 2, 2011, 03:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lffFu8twEfA&feature=related

BanCricFan
July 2, 2011, 03:39 PM
<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/RQUlCaXdkTY?version=3 allowScriptAccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"> (http://<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RQUlCaXdkTY?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RQUlCaXdkTY?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>)

Nocturnal
July 28, 2011, 04:10 PM
South Africa's Wayne Parnell converts to Islam
source (http://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/news/item/176446-south-africas-wayne-parnell-converts-to-islam)

Johannesburg: http://sports.ndtv.com/images/stories/wayne-parnell-300.jpgSouth African fast bowler Wayne Parnell has converted to Islam after a period of personal study and reflection and will celebrate his 22nd birthday on Friday as a Muslim.

Parnell confirmed in a statement on Thursday that he converted to Islamic faith in January this year and is considering a name change to Waleed, which means 'Newborn Son'.

"While I have not yet decided on an Islamic name I have considered the name Waleed which means Newborn Son, but for now my name remains Wayne Dillon Parnell. I will continue to respect the team's endorsement of alcoholic beverages. I am playing cricket in Sussex and this is my immediate focus," said Port Elizabeth-born Parnell.

"As I am approaching my first period of fasting, I ask that this special time is treated with respect. I am a young man, a professional cricketer by trade, and while I can appreciate and am grateful for the public interest in my personal life, my faith choice is a matter which I would like to keep private," said the promising Warriors left-arm seam bowler.

Proteas team manager Mohamed Moosajee, himself a Muslim, said Parnell's Muslim teammates Hashim Amla and Imran Tahir had not influenced his decision to convert from Christianity."Wayne already decided a few months ago to follow Islam," Moosajee said of the cricketer, who excelled during the ICC World Cup on the subcontinent.

"The decision to convert was his own decision, but I know nothing of the name change," added Moosajee.

Fellow players, preferring to remain anonymous, said they believed Parnell was very serious about his choice of religion and that he had not touched a drop of alcohol, forbidden to Muslims, since the recent Indian Premier League series.

Supporting Moosajee's denial of influence by Amla, the players said he had never attempted to convert them to his religion, although they had all been very impressed by the discipline and strict adherence that Amla showed to his religion, by refusing to participate in celebrations with them that involved liquor, staying steadfast in his daily prayers even while on tour, and refusing to wear the kit sponsored by South African beer brand Castle Lager.

In his first two years after making his debut for the Proteas in 2009, Parnell developed a hard-living reputation.

In October 2009, he was kicked out of the provincial side Warriors following an incident in a night club in the city of Port Elizabeth in the early hours of the morning.

He came to limelight when he captained the South African Under-19 team in the U-19 World Cup in 2008. He was the youngest player to get a central contract in 2009 at the age of 20 years.

He is the second Christian to have converted to Islam after Pakistan's Yousuf Youhana (now Mohammad Yousuf) in 2006.

BanCricFan
July 28, 2011, 07:08 PM
Subhaan Allah! Alhamdulillah! Allahu Akbar!

Young, blessed and wise. Thanks for sharing, Noc. :)

imna
July 28, 2011, 10:51 PM
Nice stories/videos.
There are over a billion muslims already, and new muslims are coming into his world every minute + the people reverting, convertin....wow that must be super cool for all the muslims and their God.

Habib
July 29, 2011, 03:59 AM
Nice stories/videos.
There are over a billion muslims already, and new muslims are coming into his world every minute + the people reverting, convertin....wow that must be super cool for all the muslims and their God.

Quality over quantity.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Banglaguy
July 29, 2011, 04:06 AM
Quality over quantity.

Actually, in Islam, we are in no position to judge whether someone is a good muslim or not... So it is not Quality or Non-Quality muslim's. It is just Muslims, and when the prophet will look at the size of his Ummah in Yamull Qiyamah, Subhanallah, how will we feel because we are part of the greatest people.

Habib
July 29, 2011, 08:33 AM
Actually, in Islam, we are in no position to judge whether someone is a good muslim or not... So it is not Quality or Non-Quality muslim's. It is just Muslims, and when the prophet will look at the size of his Ummah in Yamull Qiyamah, Subhanallah, how will we feel because we are part of the greatest people.

Yet someone in another thread was saying a while ago that muslims in bd were not religious enough.

bujhee kom
July 29, 2011, 08:46 AM
Yet someone in another thread was saying a while ago that muslims in bd were not religious enough.

Arrey Habib, people learn and grow old, Hhahahaha...
Remember, Ajker Shishu agami-kaaler Bura, Goto-kaaler Shishu Ajker Thura!

Rifat
July 29, 2011, 04:20 PM

That was me I think who said that. well, It was probably an inaccurate observation because i posted with the knowledge and intention i had that time, if Allah accepted it as worship then I am super grateful Alhamdulillah, if not then I should reconsider spending more time communicating with Allah(reading qur'an with meaning and not neglecting sunnah) It will be better for me and BanglaCricket as well. because the more we get close to Allah the more Allah opens our hearts to truth and peace. and the clearer understanding of life we obtain.

religious or not religious in what sense? not everybody follow the same set of standards. There are better approaches and ways to invite people to islam, or in this case, Reminding myself and others, but what benefit is the reminder if I am not acting in accordance with my premises? If i am inconsistent with my speech, if i say one thing and do another? Then I am closer to hypocricy than i am close to GOD, which is the worst of all state of being.

Rifat
July 29, 2011, 04:22 PM
Thanks nocturnal bhai for sharing :)

Rifat
July 29, 2011, 04:24 PM
yes, Habib bro Quality does matter, otherwise how can 313 men defeat an army over 1000? in the battle of Badr?

They reached a level of faith where Allah would literally sent food from heaven or fulfill any of their desires? I really wish I could reach this level

roman
July 29, 2011, 08:52 PM
Quality over quantity.

could not agree more..what'd the point of having Muslims who don't practice the teachings of quran? And rifat vai described it perfectly....

Rabz
July 30, 2011, 01:00 AM
Alhamdullilah!!!
Wayne is Waleed now.
May Allah bless him and guide him towards the right path all his life.
May Allah bless and guide us all towards the right path.

So heart warming to hear that he has converted to Islam at such a young age.
I'd be really looking forward to hear what lead him to Islam.

Zunaid
August 1, 2011, 07:19 PM
Here's a related article on the Daily Mail

Why ARE so many modern British career women converting to Islam?

By Daily Mail Reporter (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?s=y&authornamef=Daily+Mail+Reporter)

Tony Blair’s sister-in-law announced her conversion to Islam last weekend. Journalist Lauren Booth embraced the faith after what she describes as a ‘holy experience’ in Iran.

She is just one of a growing number of modern British career women to do so. Here, writer EVE AHMED, who was raised as a Muslim before rejecting the faith, explores the reasons why.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1324039/Like-Lauren-Booth-ARE-modern-British-career-women-converting-Islam.html#ixzz1TpHjK4Kk

Zeeshan
August 1, 2011, 07:42 PM
Skimmed over it. BC Moulana Front leader ashlo seeing a fodder like: :-p

Perhaps if I’d felt in control rather than controlled, if I’d felt empowered rather than stifled, I would still be practising the religion I was born into, and would not carry the burden of guilt that I do about rejecting my father’s faith.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1324039/Like-Lauren-Booth-ARE-modern-British-career-women-converting-Islam.html#ixzz1TpNXj4sn

Edit: As for me, I have been so ingrained by the doctrines of the religion I feel God will punish me with my deepest phobia in Hell - liike snakes, rats and spiders- and makes me paranoid. Thus, PERSONALLY, although it is satisfying to see 'other' religions are more forgiving and full of love (like God is Love in Bible or emphasis on Compassion for All from Buddhism or Blaze it up from Taoism), I STILL have this FEAR that God will punish me for my "Sins".....

Super Edit: Okay finished reading it in entirety. Question for boss: Browsing "Femail"? :-D

BanCricFan
August 5, 2011, 11:47 AM
<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/A_uih7ATSHQ?version=3 allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"> (http://<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A_uih7ATSHQ?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A_uih7ATSHQ?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>)

<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/khjtrIkYU5I?version=3 allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"> (http://<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/khjtrIkYU5I?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/khjtrIkYU5I?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>)

<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/A1wCh0tWYNs?version=3 allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"> (http://<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A1wCh0tWYNs?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A1wCh0tWYNs?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>)

BanCricFan
August 13, 2011, 11:23 PM
<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/j-T_ZOXPPrI?version=3 allowScriptAccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"> (http://<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j-T_ZOXPPrI?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j-T_ZOXPPrI?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>)

<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/R3yRb7PhcVw?version=3 allowScriptAccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"> (http://<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R3yRb7PhcVw?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R3yRb7PhcVw?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>)

BanCricFan
August 18, 2011, 11:19 PM
<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/98zVYN0CYs0?version=3 allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"> (http://<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/98zVYN0CYs0?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/98zVYN0CYs0?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>)

<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/qVQ1BWqjTjs?version=3 allowScriptAccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"> (http://<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qVQ1BWqjTjs?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qVQ1BWqjTjs?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>)

ialbd
August 19, 2011, 11:14 AM
this thread is so inspiring.... thanks for all the videos...

BanCricFan
August 20, 2011, 03:24 PM
^^Jazak Allah, bro. Glad you find this to be inspiring.

We "born muslims" take so much of our faith and the way of life for granted. I always find the stories of reverts very inspiring. :)