PDA

View Full Version : What do you do or think when you are too frustrated?

auntu
May 10, 2011, 01:52 PM
What do you do or think when nothing goes according to plan? You feel like helpless and can't find the end of the tunnel? Feeling very down ....

How do you bust up your moral?

Just some stupid questions.....

Ashfaq
May 10, 2011, 02:07 PM
Listen to Mozart's 25th symphony in G minor

iDumb
May 10, 2011, 03:24 PM
Usually when I am down, this is what I do. I put on my ipod put it in shuffle... and walk around in the city BY MYSELF (in ur case dhaka, which should be one of the best I think) with bunch of cash. and do whatever you feel like. If u wanna have an ice cream - have an ice cream. If you wanna look at a girl look at her without worrying what she thinks about you. If u wanna fight somebody just bump into ppl and say wtf watch where u going. u wanna slap a girl - get married.

Zeeshan
May 10, 2011, 03:30 PM
I go to bathroom vigorously.

goru
May 10, 2011, 03:31 PM
I use lube.

roman
May 10, 2011, 03:40 PM
I start to play my guitar and/or try to cook biriyani. Nothing makes me feel good than a delicious biriani :)

Zeeshan
May 10, 2011, 03:41 PM
What do you do or think when nothing goes according to plan? You feel like helpless and can't find the end of the tunnel? Feeling very down ....

How do you bust up your moral?

Just some stupid questions.....

auntu bhai, knowing you from fb sorry about the trivial responses from me and others. Usually I take some energy drinks, blast the music on with headphones and surf other sites. Sometimes rent a movie. Some options are more adult oriented.

I am sorry you are having a hard time. If there is anything we can do let us know. But remember no matter how deep the cut is, it's only temporary and will pass. If you are religious oriented, why not pray? My dad always told me: The most important part of a prayer is dua. I am sure Dua would help. All the best.

Banglaguy
May 10, 2011, 04:11 PM
I remember that many people would kill to be in the position I am in, and I only have God to thank for that. And I might pop out for a bit...

Zeeshan
May 10, 2011, 04:14 PM
I remember that many people would kill to be in the position I am in, and I only have God to thank for that. And I might pop out for a bit...

And why is that? You are the "The first BC user to use PS3 to post on this forum?" I doubt it. Hatebreed or goru might've taken the dibs.

RazabQ
May 10, 2011, 04:56 PM
Play with my kids, play my guitar, pray quietly to Allah

Nafi
May 10, 2011, 06:17 PM
Either

a)Find a solution to fix the problem, if unable to..

b) wait/hope for it to fix itself naturally, if situation doesn't improve..

c) just accept it all, and still smile. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlJ8Cx4fUnw&feature=player_detailpage#t=104s

Naimul_Hd
May 10, 2011, 08:22 PM
Think of others who are more unfortunate than you and then thank ALLAH whatever he has given to you.

You will feel better brother !

roman
May 10, 2011, 08:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6_CDb9Zc3k
I also listen to this. It helps... All the best brother

Sohel
May 10, 2011, 10:16 PM
I try to recenter myself through active submission to GOD, and in the example of our prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and other prophets of GOD such as Lot (PBUH).

Sakib
May 10, 2011, 11:30 PM
afflictions are nothing but trials from God. He is the one who tests you through physical and emotional hardships, He is also the one who will lift your pain. now it is up to you how you want to react to this test. you can either become frustrated and hopeless and gain His displeasure, or have faith in the creator and know that good days are just around the corner. it's just a matter of time. don't fail the test.

bujhee kom
May 10, 2011, 11:37 PM
Dearest Auntu da, Please PM me your number...I will call you right away brother!

Niceman70
May 11, 2011, 12:53 AM
saying Ar Rahman Ar Rahim keeps me going..cheer up buddy!

Rifat
May 11, 2011, 01:32 AM
Honestly Speaking=>

I try to forget everything:

*) internet browsing
**)playing Cricket Captain 2010

***)hanging out with friends (let's say watch movies with them/go out bowling with them/eat out in a restaurant)

if those things don't help...then:

Tahajjud prayer(night prayer) + Quran Recitation(recite/listen/both)!

a little story on the night prayer: this prayer used to be mandatory during Prophet (SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam's time) as Allah says in a surah in quran: "oh you cloacked one! arise and warn....stand in prayer the night a little or half of it"(chapter 74 i think...you can look it up :)) but this is not mandatory anymore upon his followers.
*Allah really does answer your prayers when you prostrate to him in the last hour of the night...he can do anything for you*

i always remember this: Allah does not burden a soul beyond its means...Allah does not assign responsibilities unto a slave which he cannot bear(Al-Qur'an various places)...this thought always helps me make a fresh start :) Alhamdulillah!

I recently got a very very well paid internship too...the next day after i prayed tahajjud i got the acceptance letter from the company. Alhamdulillahi Rabbil A'lamin!!!! i also prayed tahajjud the night when Bangladesh were bowled out for 171 against New Zealand, after i got out of prayer...i saw Rubel Hossain Rip Apart New Zealand Top order and then the rest is history! ;)

sometimes we get depressed, because life becomes too one-dimensional...try to take a break, for example: traveling!

Night_wolf
May 11, 2011, 01:56 AM
i play games or hangout with my friends

Alchemist
May 11, 2011, 02:05 AM
I try to listen to music, when I'm down. Try songs written by Kazi Nazrul Islam.

Lines like ' Patal fure nambo ami......uthbo ami aakash fure' or ' Bolo bir.....chiro unnoto momo shir' are bound to cheer me up. If I'm really depressed, I would try some recent melodious songs.

If all fails, I'd read the Quran and pray to Allah for help.

auntu
May 11, 2011, 03:56 AM
All of your suggestions and share of personal experience brought tears to my eyes.

Nafi
May 11, 2011, 06:27 AM
All of your suggestions and share of personal experience brought tears to my eyes.

Even mine?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

iDumb
May 11, 2011, 07:04 AM
Even mine?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

yeah he cried cuz your response sucked.

Night_wolf
May 11, 2011, 07:36 AM
^lol!

Isnaad
May 11, 2011, 09:39 AM
Amar SSC result kalke. I am feeling very depressed. I even fasted today for a good result and also recited the Holy Quran. Still feeling very frustrated...:( I can't find ways to cheer up as well....tensed so badly.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

lamisa
May 11, 2011, 10:47 AM
i throw stuff :-|.( not the best option though, u regret what u have done afterwards)

Ashfaq
May 11, 2011, 02:01 PM
Amar SSC result kalke. I am feeling very depressed. I even fasted today for a good result and also recited the Holy Quran. Still feeling very frustrated...:( I can't find ways to cheer up as well....tensed so badly.

If you want the result to be good, you should have fasted and prayed before exam. Now, your result is finalized and even Allah won't be that generous.

Anyway, I hope you get a good result. If you want peace, I suggest you read a very engrossing book, something that will make you forget reality for a time. It worked for me when my SSC result was about to be published.

goru
May 11, 2011, 03:31 PM
If you want the result to be good, you should have fasted and prayed before exam. Now, your result is finalized and even Allah won't be that generous.

Totally. Isnaad, you're such a n00b... you don't even know when fasting/praying is supposed to work when it comes to exam results.

Isnaad
May 11, 2011, 09:55 PM
^^^ I think both of you got me wrong here...I actually fasted so that I could settle down and get some peace for then. Being a practising Muslim, I did pray a lot both before, after and even during the exams. Surely Allah knows best and so I believe whatever my result is, it is what I deserved. Thanks for the wish Ashfaq bro.
And the 'fasted for a good result' part was actually second to the mental settlement...don't misunderstand that...now wondering why I wrote that...
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Zeeshan
May 11, 2011, 10:01 PM
Totally. Isnaad, you're such a n00b... you don't even know when fasting/praying is supposed to work when it comes to exam results.

Fail.

See post #29.

Rifat
May 11, 2011, 10:49 PM

Brother Isnaad,

You did the right thing :) Regardless of what the results are, I can't wait to see the joy in your face when inshaAllah you enter paradise and see the fruits of your labor, at that moment, none of that SSC stuff will really matter to you. i have read a hadith about fasting that there is no "fixed reward" for it, Allah just gives you unconditionally(right now it may make very little sense to us as to what that actually means, but when Allah's rightly guided slaves enter paradise...they will know ;))

Don't worry bro you are not the only one going through(have been through) this type of experience ;) Allah always has his hands wide open. The exams and this stress may be a blessing in disguise for you. inshaAllah one day you will know, when you see:

* the book on your right hand in the day of judgement
** your place in paradise.

InshaAllah!
of course the final decision is in Allah's hands...
Honesty, Hard Work pays off...for some it may pay off in this life as well in addition to the afterlife!

goru
May 12, 2011, 01:24 AM
Fail.

See post #29.

Fail.

And I'd be surprised if you don't understand why...

Isnaad
May 12, 2011, 02:13 AM
Brother Isnaad,

You did the right thing :) Regardless of what the results are, I can't wait to see the joy in your face when inshaAllah you enter paradise and see the fruits of your labor, at that moment, none of that SSC stuff will really matter to you. i have read a hadith about fasting that there is no "fixed reward" for it, Allah just gives you unconditionally(right now it may make very little sense to us as to what that actually means, but when Allah's rightly guided slaves enter paradise...they will know ;))

Don't worry bro you are not the only one going through(have been through) this type of experience ;) Allah always has his hands wide open. The exams and this stress may be a blessing in disguise for you. inshaAllah one day you will know, when you see:

* the book on your right hand in the day of judgement
** your place in paradise.

InshaAllah!
of course the final decision is in Allah's hands...
Honesty, Hard Work pays off...for some it may pay off in this life as well in addition to the afterlife!

Alhamdulillah! Thanks bro! Very inspirational words indeed! May Allah grant you Heaven as well! :D
My SSC results are out and I got GPA 5 i.e A+ Alhamdulillah. Now waiting to see if it is a Golden or not...:)

Alchemist
May 12, 2011, 02:40 AM
Congratulations Isnaad.

Naimul_Hd
May 12, 2011, 02:49 AM
My SSC results are out and I got GPA 5 i.e A+ Alhamdulillah. Now waiting to see if it is a Golden or not...:)

Congrats Isnaad !

And do not worry about Golden/ Silver/ Bronze. You will get "Platinum" ! :)

Rifat
May 12, 2011, 03:14 AM
congratulations Isnaad :) mishti koi?

AsifTheManRahman
May 12, 2011, 07:06 AM
Congrats Isnaad
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

Naimul_Hd
May 12, 2011, 07:24 AM
frustration thread dekhi ashte ashte khushi r thread hoye jacche ! :)

roman
May 12, 2011, 08:01 AM
Shabbash Insaad. Fatano news Shunaila...

Sohel
May 12, 2011, 08:21 AM
Congrats Isnaad :)

Ajfar
May 12, 2011, 09:14 AM
Congrats Isnaad. Keep up the good work!!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Isnaad
May 12, 2011, 09:32 AM
Thanks a lot everyone. The wishes mean a lot. Virtual mishty sent with this post. :P
And sorry for hijacking this thread auntu bhaia. Did not mean to at all. :)

lamisa
May 12, 2011, 09:50 AM
congratz isnaad!

lamisa
May 12, 2011, 09:50 AM
now auntu bhai will get more frustrated!

bujhee kom
May 12, 2011, 12:32 PM
Alhamdulillah Isnaad! Allah be praised!
Very very proud of you today my dear bro!

bujhee kom
May 12, 2011, 12:33 PM
now auntu bhai will get more frustrated!

Yeah Lamisa apu, Auntu da didn't call me..I thought of calling him and talk to him and listen to him and console him soehow...I hope my dear Auntu is okay now. Allah bless him!

Zunaid
May 12, 2011, 05:55 PM
Thanks a lot everyone. The wishes mean a lot. Virtual mishty sent with this post. :P
And sorry for hijacking this thread auntu bhaia. Did not mean to at all. :)

Congrats kiddo. Now as a final test if your skills, find a thread on BC (yes, there is one) that someone had started to post personal achievements one is proud of. Go forth and search. And once you find it, post again there. I know how you feel having similar feelings of unbridled joy and pride several generations ago :)

iDumb
May 12, 2011, 08:35 PM
Yeah Lamisa apu, Auntu da didn't call me..I thought of calling him and talk to him and listen to him and console him soehow...I hope my dear Auntu is okay now. Allah bless him!

BK you do know that you are a GUY right? No body wants to talk to a guy in times of distress. Sometimes I wonder what the hell is wrong with you.

I have always believed females are good for nothing but misery. There is one exception - in times like this - when you are hopeless - a woman by your side can rebuild you. That's all they are good for - they are cement.

Congrants you geek isnad. that's not an easy task. Chittagong Zindabad.

Isnaad
May 13, 2011, 06:05 AM
Thanks a lot once again for the wishes everyone! :) Congrats kiddo. Now as a final test if your skills, find a thread on BC (yes, there is one) that someone had started to post personal achievements one is proud of. Go forth and search. And once you find it, post again there. I know how you feel having similar feelings of unbridled joy and pride several generations ago :)

Well, I failed. I searched for 2 hours and did not find anything related to it even. :(

Rumz_01
May 13, 2011, 09:16 AM
iPod and go for a run is good :)

Sometimes i just sit in the corner of the room and talk to myself about everything :) Or i write.. about everything.. and anything.. Usually tends to help..

Hope everything goes well for you.. For after hardship comes ease

And congratulations to Isnaad bhai :)

and in response to a fb status along the same of line.. one of my friends posted.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XKoWXuARMQ

Nadim
May 13, 2011, 09:24 AM
Thanks a lot once again for the wishes everyone! :)

Well, I failed. I searched for 2 hours and did not find anything related to it even. :(

Let me help you bro (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=29298&highlight=achivement&page=19)...shhhh boss is coming....ami bagiiii.....:-t
btw Congrats Isnaaaaaaad bro :chhoygreen::chhoylaal::100: