PDA

View Full Version : U2U sent to Mcinnes

billah
February 21, 2004, 05:57 AM
Thank you Mr. Mcinnes. Right from the horse's mouth(no pun intended). Thank you indeed for clearing up some issues.

A word of caution to you: During your tenure in Bangladesh, on a daily basis, you will find so-called "Sports Reporters" regularly publishing pieces in the newspapers with reference from ghost "Experts". As a matter of fact, these "Experts" invade every category of news. You see, in Bangladesh, these journalists do not have the "accountability" issue to deal with.

If you pay a visit to the National Press Club, you will see the process in motion. Opinions are formed right there in long, lazy & cordial conversations or chats. Some of these personal opinions then are turned into news that head for the following day's paper. There are readers that swallow the stuff like it is God's words. Yet, there are others that would write long articles elsewhere based on what they've read in those papers. It is refreshing to hear it from one in the field than an armchair cricketer.

It's a different kind of world here, what can I say. On the average, you will find us a very self-critical people. This trend must be eradicated in our young players. At the risk of offering advise to an expert, I think, if they can forgive themselves for the mistakes they have already made, they will make faster progress. You are a part of our cricket history now, and these kids are truly the pioneers of Bangladesh cricket. You have a lot on your shoulders and I wish you and our cricketers the very best.

reverse_swing
February 21, 2004, 06:11 AM
well said

Tehsin
February 21, 2004, 07:19 PM
darun likhlen.

billah
February 21, 2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by tehsin
darun likhlen.

Dear T bhai: Nice to see your comment. Heck, I would have been happy even with a harsh critisizm from you. Glad you liked it.:)

Navarene
February 21, 2004, 09:42 PM
If you pay a visit to the National Press Club, you will see the process in motion. Opinions are formed right there in long, lazy & cordial conversations or chats. Some of these personal opinions then are turned into news that head for the following day's paper. There are readers that swallow the stuff like it is God's words. Yet, there are others that would write long articles elsewhere based on what they've read in those papers. It is refreshing to hear it from one in the field than an armchair cricketer.

Billah, are you a sports journalist? Or do you often go to national press club in Dhaka to see those "armchair critiques" sitting leisurely and making all the effervescent imaginative stories before reporting about a certain issue? I doubt so.

In fact, journalists, or sports journalists for that matter, are professionally bound to be physically on the spot to get their facts right before reporting on the news paper. Did you not find all the critiques and reports published on Mr. McInnes quite unanimous? Does it mean all the reporters are biased and conspirators?

Mr. McInnes is paid a healthy amount for his service, and we, the mass people have every right to raise question when he is a failure. What is so fuss about it? Why is such hue and cry about if he was being criticized? Of course we are not trying to write him off too eraly for what ability and merit he holds for the development of our young cricketers, but at the same time he can not be left unopposed for the puny performance by our U-19 boys under his coaching.

I found your U2U to McInnes utterly degrading, derogatory and insulting to our sprots reporters, and to our sports as a whole. Please get your facts right before whispering to a foreigner about all those exaggerating stories.

Sometimes I just wonder if we, as a nation, are sychophants to certain caste by character!

adnan
February 21, 2004, 09:45 PM
chomotkar navarene!

chinaman
February 22, 2004, 01:26 AM
I found your U2U to McInnes utterly degrading, derogatory and insulting to our sprots reporters, and to our sports as a whole. Please get your facts right before whispering to a foreigner about all those exaggerating stories.

Exaggerating stories meaning the stories are there but they were stated in an inflated way. If I'm not mistaken in following your words, don't you think your criticism is way too far reaching?

You didn't offer any proof to refute, nor did you completely disagree ("exaggerating", "I doubt so") with his comments; yet you launced some rather harsh remarks against Billah.

You may disagree with him or anyone for that matter. Everybody's view and taste are different. I'd really appreciate if you express your opinion in a way that refute the message, not the messenger.

Anyway, I enjoy your posts. Cheers.

[Edited on 2-22-2004 by chinaman : Quote Correction.]