PDA

View Full Version : Islam: Quran, Hadith, Poetry, Stories and so on!!!

idrinkh2O
May 23, 2011, 05:05 PM
~Alhamdulillahi Rabbil 'Alamin~
~Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the Worlds~
As-Salamu Alaikum and Peace be upon you,

In this thread, members shall share any topics related to Islam inshallah. The topics include Quran, ahadith (plural of hadith), stories (related to Islam, Islamic history & literature, Prophet's companions, Muslims, converts or reverts etc), Islamic poetry, "did you know" facts, "to share something that we learned recently about Islam", sayings of the prophet, Islamic websites and so on. When you post something, please always verify and cite your sources especially for Quran and ahadith. At all times, please keep your posts respectful and courteous of everyone. Now, let us enjoy, learn, share, practice Al-Islam!

Thank you for stopping by. BarakAllah Feek or May the blessings of Allah be upon you!

idrinkh2O
May 23, 2011, 05:12 PM
Allah Said in Holy Quran:
http://c0022506.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/51_56.png
And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me [51:56].

**[Surah or Chapter # : Ayat or Verse #]

Banglaguy
May 23, 2011, 05:12 PM
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QiVFBAtTJDk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

idrinkh2O
May 23, 2011, 05:14 PM
Hadith:

'Umar bin Al-Khattab narrated, "I heard Allah's Apostle Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam saying, "The reward of deeds depends upon the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended. So whoever emigrated for worldly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration was for what he emigrated for."
(Sahih Al Bukhari, Book 1, Volume 1, Hadith 1)

idrinkh2O
May 23, 2011, 05:23 PM
An inspiring and heart touching poem that makes us to think about our lives...

The Angel Of Death & A Person
(Anonymous)

It was early in the morning at four,
When death knocked upon a bedroom door,

Who is there? The sleeping one cried.
I'm Malakul Mawt, let me inside.

At once, the man began to shiver,
As one sweating in deadly fever,

He shouted to his sleeping wife,
Don't let him take away my life.

Please go away, O Angel of Death!
Leave me alone; I'm not ready yet.

My family on me depends,
Give me a chance, O please prepense!

The angel knocked again and again,
Friend! I'll take your life without a pain,

Tis your soul Allah requires,
I come not with my own desire.

Bewildered, the man began to cry,
O Angel I'm so afraid to die,

I'll give you gold and be your slave,
Don't send me to the unlit grave.

Let me in, O Friend! The Angel said,
Open the door; get up from your bed,

If you do not allow me in,
I will walk through it, like a Jinn.

The man held a gun in his right hand,
Ready to defy the Angel's stand.

I'll point my gun, towards your head,
You dare come in; I'll shoot you dead.

By now the Angel was in the room,
Saying, O Friend! Prepare for you doom.

Foolish man, Angels never die,
Put down your gun and do not sigh.

Why are you afraid! Tell me O man,
To die according to Allah's plan?

Come smile at me, do not be grim,
Be Happy to return to Him.

O Angel! I bow my head in shame,
I had no time to take Allah's Name.

From morning till dusk, I made my wealth,
Not even caring for my health.

Allah's command I never obeyed,
Nor five times a day I ever prayed.

Ramadan came and a Ramadan went,
But no time had I to repent.

The Hajj was already FARD on me,
But I would not part with my money.

All charities I did ignore,
Taking usury more and more.

Sometimes I sipped my favorite wine,
With flirting women I sat to dine.

O Angel! I appeal to you,
Spare my life for a year or two.

The Laws of Quran I will obey,
I'll begin SALAT this very day.

My Fast and Hajj, I will complete,
And keep away from self-conceit.

I will refrain from usury,
And give all my wealth to charity,

Wine and wenches I will detest,
Allah's oneness I will attest.

We Angels do what Allah demands,
We cannot go against His commands.

Death is ordained for everyone,
Father, mother, daughter or son.

I'm afraid this moment is your last,
Now be reminded, of your past,

I do understand your fears,
But it is now too late for tears.

You lived in this world, two score and more,
Never did you, your people adore.

Your parents, you did not obey,
Hungry beggars, you turned away.

Your two ill-gotten, female offspring,
In nightclubs, for livelihood they sing.

Instead of making more Muslims,
You made your children non-Muslims.

You ignored the Mua'dhin Adhaan,
Nor did you read the Holy Quran.

Breaking promises all your life,
Backbiting friends, and causing strife.

From hoarded goods, great profits you made,
And your poor workers, you underpaid.

Horses and cards were your leisure,
Moneymaking was your pleasure.

You ate vitamins and grew more fat,
With the very sick, you never sat.

A pint of blood you never gave,
Which could a little baby save?

O Human, you have done enough wrong,
You bought good properties for a song.

When the farmers appealed to you,
You did not have mercy, tis true.

Paradise for you? I cannot tell,
Undoubtedly you will dwell in hell.

There is no time for you to repent,
I'll take your soul for which I am sent.

The ending however, is very sad,
Eventually the man became mad

With a cry, he jumped out of bed,
And suddenly, he fell down dead.

O Reader! Take moral from here,
You never know, your end may be near

Change your living and make amends
For heaven, on your deeds depends.

If this poem inspires you,
It can help someone too.

asdfjkl
May 23, 2011, 08:11 PM
"Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great." Qur'an(4:34)

Rabz
May 24, 2011, 12:20 AM
Wonderful thread.
Thanks.

Beautiful poem too.
A reminder for all of us.

Rabz
May 24, 2011, 12:41 AM
Facts about Quran : Mathematical Miracles

The first verse (1:1),known as "Bismalah," consists of 19 letters
The Quran consists of 114 suras, which is ..............19 x 6.
The total number of verses in the Quran is 6346, or ....19 x 334.
[6234 numbered verses & 112 un-numbered verses (Basmalahs) 6234+112 = 6346] Note that 6+3+4+6 =.......19.
The Bismalah occurs 114 times, despite its conspicuous absence from Sura 9 (it occurs twice in Sura 27) & 114= 19x6.
From the missing Bismalah of Sura 9 to the extra Bismalah of Sura 27, there are precisely ...19 suras.
It follows that the total of the sura numbers from 9 to 27 (9+10+11+12+...+26+27) is 342, or .............19 x 18.
This total (342) also equals the number of words between the two Bismalahs of Sura 27, and 342 = ........19 x 18.
The famous first revelation (96:1-5) consists of .......19 words.
This 19-worded first revelation consists of 76 letters .19 x 4.
Sura 96, first in the chronological sequence, consists of .... 19 verses.
This first chronological sura is placed atop the last ..19 suras.
Sura 96 consists of 304 Arabic letters, and 304 equals .19 x 16.
The last revelation (Sura 110) consists of ............19 words.
The first verse of the last revelation (110:1) consists of ........ 19 letters.
14 different Arabic letters, form 14 different sets of "Quranic Initials" (such as A.L.M. of 2:1), and prefix 29 suras. These numbers add up to 14+14+29 = 57 = ......19 x 3.
The total of the 29 sura numbers where the Quranic Initials occur is 2+3+7+...+50+68 = 822, and 822+14 (14 sets of initials) equals 836, or ................. 19 x 44.
Between the first initialed sura (Sura 2) and the last initialed sura (Sura 68) there are 38 un-initialed suras 19 x 2.
Between the first and last initialed sura there are ....19 sets of alternating "initialed" and "un-initialed" suras.
The Quran mentions 30 different numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 19, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 99, 100, 200, 300, 1000, 2000, 3000, 5000, 50,000, & 100,000. The sum of these numbers is 162146, which equals 19x8534.

Rabz
May 24, 2011, 12:48 AM
Some more amazing facts of Quran.
The number of times the following words were mentioned in Quran

Man 24. Woman 24.
Dunia 115. Aakhirat 115
Malaika (Angels) 88 . Shayteen (Satan) 88
Life 145 .... Death 145
Benefit 50 . Corrupt 50
People 50 .. Messengers 50
Eblees (king of devils) 11 . Seek refuge from Eblees 11
Museebah (calamity) 75 . Thanks 75
Spending (Sadaqah) 73 . Satisfaction 73
People who are mislead 17 . Dead people 17
Muslimeen 41 . Jihad 41
Gold 8 . Easy life 8
Magic 60 . Fitnah (dissuasion, misleading) 60
Zakat (Taxes Muslims pay to the poor) 32 . Barakah (Increasing or blessings of wealth) 32
Mind 49 . Noor 49
Tongue 25 . Sermon 25
Desite 8 . Fear 8
Speaking publicly 18 . Publicising 18
Hardship 114 .... Patience 114
Muhammed 4 . Sharee'ah (Muhammed's teachings) 4

And amazingly enough have a look how many times the following words appear:

Salah 5, Month 12, Day 365,
Sea 32, Land 13

Sea + land = 32+13= 45

Sea = 32/45*100=71.11111111%
Land = 13/45*100 = 28.88888889%
Sea + land =100.00%

Modern science has only recently proven that the water covers 71.111% of the
earth, while the land covers 28.889%.

Alien
May 24, 2011, 12:58 AM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MD3gSGqC1QI?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MD3gSGqC1QI?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Banglaguy
May 24, 2011, 01:44 AM
This thread is great, learning so much that I've never known before :)

Nafi
May 24, 2011, 07:18 AM
This thread is really good, I'd also probably open a thread, where we can post any type of literature/poetry/sayings.

auntu
May 24, 2011, 07:37 AM
Good thread.
Thanks for the wonderful infos Rabz bhai.

roman
May 24, 2011, 11:23 AM
This thread is really good, I'd also probably open a thread, where we can post any type of literature/poetry/sayings.

I think this thread is good enough... no need to create several threads. Lets have this thread as the main source of various Islam related literature/sayings/hadith...I think we should also merge "story of muslim reverts" thread with this..

To the TO :up:

And Thanx to Rabz vai for sharing those wonderful facts about Quran...

idrinkh2O
May 24, 2011, 12:55 PM
- The Holy Qur'an is a continuation of the revelation that came to Moses in the form of the Torah (Taurat), Jesus with the Bible (Injeel) and David in the Psalms (Zabur):

http://c0022506.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/42_13.png

The same religion He has established for you as that which He enjoined on Noah - that which We have sent by inspiration to you - and that which We enjoined on Abraham, Moses, and Jesus: namely, that you should remain steadfast in religion, and make no divisions therein: to those who worship other things than God, hard is the (way) to which you call them. God chooses to Himself those whom He pleases, and guides to Himself those who turn (to Him) [42:13].

- The Qur'an was revealed not to distinguish Islam as a separate religion, but the revelation of God came as the final message that embodies a universal message for people of all times.

Source: Tahrike Tarsile Qur'an, Inc., April 2009

Nafi
May 24, 2011, 01:03 PM
I think this thread is good enough... no need to create several threads. [:hairpull:]..

I was talking about literature unrelated to Islam.

Banglaguy
May 24, 2011, 01:19 PM
http://tanzil.net/

Really good for memorisation.

idrinkh2O
May 24, 2011, 01:31 PM
Some history about the Holy Qur'an:

- The Qur'an is a divine message revealed by God (Allah) to Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him - PBUH) over a period of 23 years.

- In 610 AD while Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was meditating in the cave of Hira, outside the city of Makkah, Angel Gabriel visited Muhammad commanding him to "READ" [96:1]. This was the first verse revealed to Muhammad (PBUH) from Allah.

- Over the next several years, Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) continued to receive revelations from Allah, which were ultimately compiled into 114 Chapters or Surahs.

- The revelation of the Qur'an came during different times, some verses were revealed after specific events while the seven verses that make "The Opening" (Surat Al-Fatiha) was revealed twice.

- The Chapters (Surahs) of the Qur'an tend to be arranged with the place of revelation, generally chapters revealed in Madinah are longer and placed in the first half of the Qur'an and Chapter revealed in Makkah tend to be shorter and are placed in the later end.

- Although some verses can be read on their own, many verses need to be understood through background knowledge of the time's culture, the Arabic language, and the history of revelation of the verse. To gain a better understanding of certain verses, one should refer to translations which include commentaries.

- The best reading is to take the Qur'an as a complete guidance rather than attempting to interpret verses on their own.

- Arabic is the language that was used for the revelation of divine message. The Arabic language is known for its poetic and linguistic excellence. This puts limitations on the translation and interpretation of the Qur'an. Any translations should be looked at as simple interpretations of the Qur'an. For a thorough and complete understanding, the Qur'an should be understood in its Original Arabic language.

Source: Tahrike Tarsile Qur'an, Inc., April 2009

roman
May 24, 2011, 01:32 PM
I was talking about literature unrelated to Islam.
sorry mate. didnt see that "any" part :)

Isnaad
May 24, 2011, 01:42 PM
Wonderful thread..! :) Learning never ends. Subhanallah. :)
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

idrinkh2O
May 24, 2011, 04:11 PM
~Hadith~

Narrated by Ibn Abbas:

The Prophet (PBUH) used to say at the time of difficulty, ‘La ilaha il-lallah Al-’Alimul-Halim. La-ilaha il-lallah Rabul- Arsh-al-Azim, La ilaha-il-lallah Rabus-Samawati Rab-ul-Ard; wa Rab-ul-Arsh Al-Karim.’

[Bukhari Volume 9, Book 93, Number 523]

idrinkh2O
May 24, 2011, 04:14 PM
~Hadith~

Narrated by Abu Huraira:

Allah's Messenger (PBUH) said, "Whoever says, 'Subhan Allah wa bihamdihi,' one hundred times a day, will be forgiven all his sins even if they were as much as the foam of the sea.

[Bukhari Vol 8 Book 75, Hadith 414]

idrinkh2O
May 24, 2011, 04:24 PM
The following list shows the Arabic Names and their English equivalents that are mentioned in Holy Qur’an:

Arabic Names - English Equivalents
Allah - God
Adam - Adam
Ayyub - Job
Dawood - David
Haroun - Aaron
Ibrahim - Abraham
Ilyas - Elias
Ishaq - Issac
Ismail - Ishmael
Isa - Jesus
Lut - Lot
Musa - Moses
Nuh - Noah
Sulaiman - Solomon
Yahya - John the Baptist
Yaqoub - Jacob
Yunus - Jonah
Yusuf - Joseph
Zakaria - Zacharias
Imran - Amran
Maryam - Mary
Jibreel - Gabriel
Mikaeel - Michael
Habeel - Abel
Qabeel - Gain
Jalut - Goliath
Talut - Saul
Uzair - Ezra
Qarun - Korah
Firon - Pharaoh
Yajuj - Gog
Majuj - Magog
Taurat - Torah
Injeel - Gospel
Masjid - Mosque
Misr - Egypt
Yahudi - Jew
Nasrani - Christian
Saba - Sheba

Source: The Qur’an translation (in English) by Abdullah Yusuf Ali

mar umpire
May 25, 2011, 04:24 AM
Ma'shallah, hadn't seen this thread until now, wouldn't have wasted as much time in other threads

The Qur'an is a guide, for a while now it has become a symbol rather than a guide, people memorise or place it on their shelves but do not follow it as a guide. The tafsir is thus important. Ibn Kathir is a well noted sscholar
here's the link
http://www.tafsir.com/

mar umpire
May 25, 2011, 04:29 AM
(Chapter 3)

Surah Al `Imran was revealed in Al-Madinah, as evident by the fact that the first eighty-three Ayat in it relate to the delegation from Najran that arrived in Al-Madinah on the ninth year of Hijrah (632 CE). We will elaborate on this subject when we explain the Ayah about the Mubahalah [3:61] in this Surah, Allah willing. We should also state that we mentioned the virtues of Surah Al `Imran along with the virtues of Surat Al-Baqarah in the beginning of the Tafsir of Surat Al-Baqarah.

[بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَـنِ الرَّحِيمِ ]

[الم - ذَلِكَ الْكِتَابُ لاَ رَيْبَ فِيهِ هُدًى لِّلْمُتَّقِينَ - الَّذِينَ يُؤْمِنُونَ بِالْغَيْبِ وَيُقِيمُونَ الصَّلوةَ وَمِمَّا رَزَقْنَـهُمْ يُنفِقُونَ - وَالَّذِينَ يُؤْمِنُونَ بِمَآ أُنزِلَ إِلَيْكَ وَمَآ أُنزِلَ مِن قَبْلِكَ وَبِالأْخِرَةِ هُمْ يُوقِنُونَ ]

(In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful) (1. Alif-Lam-Mim.) (2. Allah! None has the right to be worshipped but He, the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists.) (3. It is He Who has sent down the Book to you with truth, confirming what came before it. And He sent down the Tawrah and the Injil,) (4. Aforetime, as a guidance to mankind. And He sent down the criterion. Truly, those who disbelieve in the Ayat of Allah, for them there is a severe torment; and Allah is All-Mighty, All-Able of Retribution.)

We mentioned the Hadith in the Tafsir of Ayat Al-Kursi [2:255] that mentions that Allah's Greatest Name is contained in these two Ayat,

[اللَّهُ لاَ إِلَـهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْحَىُّ الْقَيُّومُ ]

(Allah! None has the right to be worshipped but He, the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists) and,

[الم - ذَلِكَ الْكِتَابُ لاَ رَيْبَ فِيهِ هُدًى لِّلْمُتَّقِينَ ]

(Alif-Lam-Mim. Allah! None has the right to be worshipped but He, the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists.)

We also explained the Tafsir of,

[الم ]

(Alif-Lam-Mim) in the beginning of Surat Al-Baqarah, and the meaning of,

[اللَّهُ لاَ إِلَـهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْحَىُّ الْقَيُّومُ ]

(Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa, Al-Hayyul-Qayyum) in the Tafsir of Ayat Al-Kursi. Allah's statement,

[نَزَّلَ عَلَيْكَ الْكِتَـبَ بِالْحَقِّ]

(It is He Who has sent down the Book to you with truth, ) means, revealed the Qur'an to you, O Muhammad, in truth, meaning there is no doubt or suspicion that it is revealed from Allah. Verily, Allah revealed the Qur'an with His knowledge, and the angels testify to this fact, Allah is sufficient as a Witness. Allah's statement,

[مُصَدِّقاً لِّمَا بَيْنَ يَدَيْهِ]

(Confirming what came before it) means, from the previous divinely revealed Books, sent to the servants and Prophets of Allah. These Books testify to the truth of the Qur'an, and the Qur'an also testifies to the truth these Books contained, including the news and glad tidings of Muhammad's prophethood and the revelation of the Glorious Qur'an.

Allah said,

[وَأَنزَلَ التَّوْرَاةَ]

(And He sent down the Tawrah) to Musa (Musa) son of `Imran,

[وَالإِنجِيلَ]

(And the Injil), to `Isa, son of Mary,

[مِن قَبْلُ]

(Aforetime) meaning, before the Qur'an was revealed,

[هُدًى لِّلنَّاسِ]

(As a guidance to mankind) in their time.

[وَأَنزَلَ الْفُرْقَانَ]

(And He sent down the criterion) which is the distinction between misguidance, falsehood and deviation on one hand, and guidance, truth and piety on the other hand. This is because of the indications, signs, plain evidences and clear proofs that it contains, and because of its explanations, clarifications, etc.

Allah's statement,

[إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ بِأيَـتِ اللَّهِ]

(Truly, those who disbelieve in the Ayat of Allah) means they denied, refused and unjustly rejected them,

[لَهُمْ عَذَابٌ شَدِيدٌ]

(For them there is a severe torment) on the Day of Resurrection,

[وَاللَّهُ عَزِيزٌ]

(And Allah is All-Mighty) meaning, His grandeur is invincible and His sovereignty is infinite,

[ذُو انتِقَامٍ]

(All-Able of Retribution.) from those who reject His Ayat and defy His honorable Messengers and great Prophets.

[إِنَّ اللَّهَ لاَ يَخْفَى عَلَيْهِ شَىْءٌ فِي الاٌّرْضِ وَلاَ فِى السَّمَآءِ - هُوَ الَّذِي يُصَوِّرُكُمْ فِي الاٌّرْحَامِ كَيْفَ يَشَآءُ لاَ إِلَـهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْعَزِيزُ الْحَكِيمُ ]

(5. Truly, nothing is hidden from Allah, in the earth or in the heaven.) (6. He it is Who shapes you in the wombs as He wills. None has the right to be worshipped but He, the Almighty, the All-Wise.)

Allah states that He has perfect knowledge in the heavens and earth and that nothing in them is hidden from His watch.

[هُوَ الَّذِي يُصَوِّرُكُمْ فِي الاٌّرْحَامِ كَيْفَ يَشَآءُ]

(He it is Who shapes you in the wombs as He wills.) meaning, He creates you in the wombs as He wills, whether male or female, handsome or otherwise, happy or miserable.

[لاَ إِلَـهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْعَزِيزُ الْحَكِيمُ]

(La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the Almighty, the All-Wise.) meaning, He is the Creator and thus is the only deity worthy of worship, without partners, and His is the perfect might, wisdom and decision. This Ayah refers to the fact that `Isa, son of Mary, is a created servant, just as Allah created the rest of mankind. Allah created `Isa in the womb (of his mother) and shaped him as He willed. Therefore, how could `Isa be divine, as the Christians, may Allah's curses descend on them, claim `Isa was created in the womb and his creation changed from stage to stage, just as Allah said,

[يَخْلُقُكُمْ فِى بُطُونِ أُمَّهَـتِكُـمْ خَلْقاً مِّن بَعْدِ خَلْقٍ فِى ظُلُمَـتٍ ثَلَـثٍ]

(He creates you in the wombs of your mothers, creation after creation in three veils of darkness.) [39:6].

[هُوَ الَّذِى أَنزَلَ عَلَيْكَ الْكِتَـبَ مِنْهُ آيَـتٌ مُّحْكَمَـتٌ هُنَّ أُمُّ الْكِتَـبِ وَأُخَرُ مُتَشَـبِهَـتٌ فَأَمَّا الَّذِينَ فى قُلُوبِهِمْ زَيْغٌ فَيَتَّبِعُونَ مَا تَشَـبَهَ مِنْهُ ابْتِغَآءَ الْفِتْنَةِ وَابْتِغَآءَ تَأْوِيلِهِ وَمَا يَعْلَمُ تَأْوِيلَهُ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَالرَسِخُونَ فِي الْعِلْمِ يَقُولُونَ ءَامَنَّا بِهِ كُلٌّ مِّنْ عِندِ رَبِّنَا وَمَا يَذَّكَّرُ إِلاَّ أُوْلُواْ الأَلْبَـبِ - رَبَّنَا لاَ تُزِغْ قُلُوبَنَا بَعْدَ إِذْ هَدَيْتَنَا وَهَبْ لَنَا مِن لَّدُنكَ رَحْمَةً إِنَّكَ أَنتَ الْوَهَّابُ - رَبَّنَآ إِنَّكَ جَامِعُ النَّاسِ لِيَوْمٍ لاَّ رَيْبَ فِيهِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لاَ يُخْلِفُ الْمِيعَادَ ]

(7. It is He Who has sent down to you the Book. In it are verses that are entirely clear, they are the foundations of the Book; and others not entirely clear. So as for those in whose hearts there is a deviation (from the truth) they follow (only) that which is not entirely clear thereof, seeking Al-Fitnah, and seeking its Ta'wil, but none knows its Ta'wil except Allah. And those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say: "We believe in it; all of it is from our Lord.'' And none receive admonition except men of understanding.) (8. (They say): "Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate (from the truth) after You have guided us, and grant us mercy from You. Truly, You are the Bestower.'') (9. "Our Lord! Verily, it is You Who will gather mankind together on the Day about which there is no doubt. Verily, Allah never breaks His Promise.'')

mar umpire
May 25, 2011, 04:33 AM
The study of embryology is something that is quite amazing, especially when you see how each part of the body signals and the complexity of the mechanisms involved. Professor Moore a famous canadian embryologist converted a while back after learning about some verses of the Qur'an regarding the embryo/fetus and its development. I can't find it exactly, but I think the video is on youtube

Sakib
May 25, 2011, 04:58 AM
The study of embryology is something that is quite amazing, especially when you see how each part of the body signals and the complexity of the mechanisms involved. Professor Moore a famous canadian embryologist converted a while back after learning about some verses of the Qur'an regarding the embryo/fetus and its development. I can't find it exactly, but I think the video is on youtube

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/J_Dllu42eEA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sakib
May 25, 2011, 05:03 AM
A supplication that I like a lot and make quite often. And I would urge everyone to do the same - for your parents.

"Rabbanaghfir lii wa liwaalidayya wa lilmu"miniina yauma yaquumul'hisaab, Rabbirhamhumaa kamaa rabbayaanii shaghiiraa."

O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they have nourished me when I was young.

Sakib
May 25, 2011, 05:06 AM
If anyone is interested to know about the literary miracles of Quran, search Brother Nouman Ali Khan's lectures. You will be amazed.

mar umpire
May 25, 2011, 07:11 AM
Thanks Sakib
gary Miller also comes to mind (he was a canadian missionary who converted)

I used to like Suhaib Webb's lectures too

BanCricFan
May 25, 2011, 08:56 AM
I used to like Suhaib Webb's lectures too

Gangsta Tafsir :-D

http://<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/fK-_elKaPD8?version=3 allowScriptAccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"> (http://<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fK-_elKaPD8?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fK-_elKaPD8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>)

mar umpire
May 25, 2011, 07:12 PM
Lol I just find he relates really well with the youth and has a great sense of humour
Thanks for putting the link up BCF

punjabsher
May 25, 2011, 10:21 PM
so happy to see this thread. :))

mar umpire
May 26, 2011, 05:29 AM
..:: Golden Words of Wisdom ::..
Siddiq al-Akbar Radi Allahu Ta'ala Anhu

Two and a half dirham from a hundred is the Zakah (poor tax) belonging to the poor amongst the people of the World while the Zakah of the Siddiques is to give their entire wealth to charity.

Extend your charity with humbleness towards the poor for to give charity happily is a sign of acceptance.

Wealth cannot be gained by simply wishing for it, nor is youth gained by dyeing or coloring one’s hair, neither can one gain health without medication.

Justice and fairness is good, nay it is better.

It is necessary to ask forgiveness for one’s sins, nay it is absolutely necessary.

Do not bury me in new clothes. The rights of the living and needy is greater upon it.

Keep your mouths closed from complaints and vulgarity. By keeping your mouths closed one obtains solitude.

Strange are the passing of time yet stranger are the conditions of wanton carelessness (i.e. In remembrance of the Supreme Creator SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala)

Adopt abstention, for abstention is profitable and do good deeds, for good deeds are highly accepted in the court of Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala.

Weep for the days gone by in which you have but earned little rewards.

Weeping is for the day in which you have wasted without any good deeds being done.

There is no trouble in patience and there is no benefit in complaining.

Do not kill any woman, children or cripple.

Do not cut down a fruit bearing tree.

Do not be lavish or miserly.

Striving against the enemies (Kuffar) is regarded as a small striving while striving against one’s (Nafs) desires is regarded as a
great striving (Jihad al-Akbar).

Fear of Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala is likened to knowledge while being oblivious of your Creator SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala is likened to
ignorance.

Ikhlas (good conduct) is: when one does not require reward in exchange for a good deed.

Whosoever gets involved in the work of Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala then Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala gets involved in his work.

Man is weak, yet it is astonishing that he is insistent in disobeying the commands of the Almighty Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala.

He should know that his heart is empty of Faith (Iman) when good advice has no avail upon him.

Worship and prayer is a career, It’s business premises is the creation, The fear of Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala is it’s wealth and it’s
profits is Paradise.

It is difficult to be patient but to waste the rewards for patience is worse.

Strange are the passing of time yet stranger is the fact when one does not notice this.

Life comes to pass yet Death is very much closer.

To seek forgiveness in old age is good but to seek it when young is better.
To forgive the rich is good but to forgive the poor is better.

Sin committed by a young person is bad but an old person committing sin is worse.

Being an accomplice by ignorance is bad, knowingly being an accomplice is worse.

Laziness in worship by the general public is bad, but a knowledgeable person or a seeker of knowledge showing laziness is worse.

The pride of the rich is bad but the pride of the person in need is worse.

Humility shown by the poor is good but humility shown by the rich is better.

Sajdah of Sahw (Prostration if a mistake is made in Salah) completes Salah if a minor mistake is made. Sadqah-e-Fitr completes
one’s Fast, Fidya completes one’s Hajj and Jihad completes one’s Iman (Faith).

Those that do not have the strength to cry then they should show mercy upon that person who cries.

Stop complaining and you would be blessed with a good life.

Cry on that day when you realize that life has passed you by and you have not done any good deeds.

Nobody wishes for death except that person who has complete confidence on his good deeds.

It is compulsory for the one questioned to answer and to give an excellent reply shows superb ethics and morals.

There is a perception as to the rewards for every virtue except patience, for patience is that virtue whose reward is unknown
(Infinite).

A thankful person is very close to safety.

True generosity is to remove the burdens of Creation and place it upon one’s own shoulders.

Good manner is not to ask for rewards in exchange for good deeds. Leave the World for the Hereafter and leave the Hereafter to
Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala Most High.

You are busy pursuing the comforts and luxuries to make your life comfortable in this World while the World is in earnest preparation
to expel you from her.

It does not benefit the tongue to speak of the losses incurred upon a person’s Worldly investments.

No person with knowledge has ever claimed godhead by comparison to those with immense wealth.

Whenever one goes to offer his condolences to the bereaving family then one should say – Adopt patience for there is no calamity in
it and do not cry for there is no benefit in it. Remember the Messenger of Allah r and the great loss sustained through his departure
from this World and your misfortune shall seem small in comparison.

The redness of gold and the “pallor of saffron” has destroyed women. (p.s.: Take heed “redness of gold” and “pallor of saffron” are
used figuratively and could stand for rich make-up and to laugh instinctively)

Those people, who demised at the beginning of the early days of Islam, are very fortunate.

If only I was a strand of hair on a Mu'min’s (believer) chest.

Oh! People! Be modest in the presence of Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala. Thereafter in your actions or deeds think of the omnipotence
of Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala then continue with fear and modesty. I swear by Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala that whenever I present
myself in front of him with any need or desire, I bow my head in modesty.
When speaking then talk precisely. That speech is only beneficial which could be listened to with ease. Long speeches tend to bore
people who then lose an element of the subject matter.

Knowledge is the legacy of the Prophets Alaihim as-Salam while wealth is the legacy of the Kuf’far, the likes of which are Fir’oun and
Qaroon etc.

The life of a dead heart is knowledge. The life of knowledge is the search of it.

Rising early in the morning surpasses the beauty of the rooster thus becoming a reason for repentance/forgiveness.

Those 'Ulama are the enemies of Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala who seek only the rich while those wealthy are the friends of Allah
SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala who seek the 'Ulama.

Always hold the tip of your tongue and say, you have entrapped me in many places.

When the camel’s bridle falls then one gets down and picks it up. The question never arises to ask somebody else to do it. (p.s.
endeavour to do things on your own without relying on others to do it for you)

When a servant of Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala marvels at the beauty of this material World then Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala becomes
his enemy until he isolates himself from that beauty.

Alas! If only I were a tree so that I could be chopped down and eaten. (The reason for such an extreme is the status of fear and
sorrow overpowering it)

The heart is the acceptor of advice, Remember! Keep no one more beloved or closer than death.

Those people are not preferred who relinquish the Hereafter for the World but inclination is towards those who give preference to
both the World and the Hereafter.

Make amends for your wrong doings with zeal and replace your bad deeds with good deeds.

That amount of knowledge which creates fear of Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala Almighty is only necessary for a believer (Mo'min).

After journey and shortages a person fears provisions.

The foundation for all a persons troubles is his speech.

A believers fear and hope when weighed would be equal.

When an honourable person obtains knowledge it humbles him and when a legislator obtains knowledge he becomes proud.

It is better to be alone than to sit in bad company while it is better to keep and be in good company than be alone.

A seeker of knowledge shows excesses in age while a seeker of the World show a high handedness in knowledge.

Hadrat Junayd Radi Allahu Anhu says that among the sayings of the Companion of the Holy Prophet regarding Tawheed (oneness of
Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala) the saying of Sayyiduna Abu Bakr al-Siddique Siddiq Radi Allahu Ta'ala Anhu is the most excellent and he
said this: There is no other road created besides submission/humility and helplessness for the creation and Allah SubHanuhu wa
Ta'ala is most high, most pure.

If any good deeds, for whatsoever reason is unaccomplished, then endeavour to accomplish it and if a good deed is accomplished
then make an effort to accomplish more.

When good advice does not affect a change in ones ways then know this that, ones heart is empty from Iman (Faith).

The strength of knowledge when it surpasses the boundaries gives birth to deceit and cunningness and when it is deficient or

worthless then it gives birth to stupidity and gullibility.

idrinkh2O
May 26, 2011, 02:42 PM
A beautiful dua'(or monazat or supplication) about parents that I like to recite after each Salah (or namaaz or ritual prayers):

http://c0022506.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/46_15.png

And We have enjoined upon man, to his parents, good treatment. His mother carried him with hardship and gave birth to him with hardship, and his gestation and weaning [period] is thirty months. [He grows] until, when he reaches maturity and reaches [the age of] forty years, he says, "My Lord, enable me to be grateful for Your favor which You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents and to work righteousness of which You will approve and make righteous for me my offspring. Indeed, I have repented to You, and indeed, I am of the Muslims." [46:15]

**The dua' starts from: Rabbi aaoji'hni

idrinkh2O
May 26, 2011, 06:27 PM
Some great websites that I like to follow alhamdulillah:

1. Qur'an:

Arabic-English:
http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/
http://quran.com/
http://tanzil.net/

Arabic-Bangla:
http://www.banglakitab.com/qerat.htm
http://www.voiceofquran.info/bangla_quran_audio.html

2. Tafseer (Explanation):

English:
http://www.tafsir.com/ (Tafsir Ibn Kathir)

Bangla:
http://www.banglakitab.com/quran.htm (Tafsir Maariful Quran)

3. Hadith:

English:
http://www.quranexplorer.com/Hadith/English/Index.html

Zeeshan
May 26, 2011, 06:59 PM
And all these coming from someone with a Hangover avy? Wow.

[goru back me up in case i get attacked on this]

idrinkh2O
May 27, 2011, 02:57 PM
The famous conversation between Heraclius and Abu Sufyan about Prophet Mohammad (PBUH)...

----------------------------------
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Abbas:

Abu Sufyan bin Harb informed me that Heraclius had sent a messenger to him while he had been accompanying a caravan from Quraish. They were merchants doing business in Sham (Syria, Palestine, Lebanon and Jordan), at the time when Allah's Apostle had truce with Abu Sufyan and Quraish infidels. So Abu Sufyan and his companions went to Heraclius at Ilya (Jerusalem). Heraclius called them in the court and he had all the senior Roman dignitaries around him. He called for his translator who, translating Heraclius's question said to them, "Who amongst you is closely related to that man who claims to be a Prophet?" Abu Sufyan replied, "I am the nearest relative to him (amongst the group)."

Heraclius said, "Bring him (Abu Sufyan) close to me and make his companions stand behind him." Abu Sufyan added, Heraclius told his translator to tell my companions that he wanted to put some questions to me regarding that man (The Prophet) and that if I told a lie they (my companions) should contradict me." Abu Sufyan added, "By Allah! Had I not been afraid of my companions labeling me a liar, I would not have spoken the truth about the Prophet. The first question he asked me about him was:

'What is his family status amongst you?'

I replied, 'He belongs to a good (noble) family amongst us.'

Heraclius further asked, 'Has anybody amongst you ever claimed the same (i.e. to be a Prophet) before him?'

I replied, 'No.'

He said, 'Was anybody amongst his ancestors a king?'

I replied, 'No.'

Heraclius asked, 'Do the nobles or the poor follow him?'

I replied, 'It is the poor who follow him.'

He said, 'Are his followers increasing decreasing (day by day)?'

I replied, 'They are increasing.'

He then asked, 'Does anybody amongst those who embrace his religion become displeased and renounce the religion afterwards?'

I replied, 'No.'

Heraclius said, 'Have you ever accused him of telling lies before his claim (to be a Prophet)?'

I replied, 'No. '

Heraclius said, 'Does he break his promises?'

I replied, 'No. We are at truce with him but we do not know what he will do in it.' I could not find opportunity to say anything against him except that.

Heraclius asked, 'Have you ever had a war with him?'

I replied, 'Yes.'

Then he said, 'What was the outcome of the battles?'

I replied, 'Sometimes he was victorious and sometimes we.'

Heraclius said, 'What does he order you to do?'

I said, 'He tells us to worship Allah and Allah alone and not to worship anything along with Him, and to renounce all that our ancestors had said. He orders us to pray, to speak the truth, to be chaste and to keep good relations with our Kith and kin.'

Heraclius asked the translator to convey to me the following, I asked you about his family and your reply was that he belonged to a very noble family. In fact all the Apostles come from noble families amongst their respective peoples. I questioned you whether anybody else amongst you claimed such a thing, your reply was in the negative. If the answer had been in the affirmative, I would have thought that this man was following the previous man's statement. Then I asked you whether anyone of his ancestors was a king. Your reply was in the negative, and if it had been in the affirmative, I would have thought that this man wanted to take back his ancestral kingdom.

I further asked whether he was ever accused of telling lies before he said what he said, and your reply was in the negative. So I wondered how a person who does not tell a lie about others could ever tell a lie about Allah. I, then asked you whether the rich people followed him or the poor. You replied that it was the poor who followed him. And in fact all the Apostle have been followed by this very class of people. Then I asked you whether his followers were increasing or decreasing. You replied that they were increasing, and in fact this is the way of true faith, till it is complete in all respects. I further asked you whether there was anybody, who, after embracing his religion, became displeased and discarded his religion. Your reply was in the negative, and in fact this is (the sign of) true faith, when its delight enters the hearts and mixes with them completely. I asked you whether he had ever betrayed. You replied in the negative and likewise the Apostles never betray. Then I asked you what he ordered you to do. You replied that he ordered you to worship Allah and Allah alone and not to worship any thing along with Him and forbade you to worship idols and ordered you to pray, to speak the truth and to be chaste. If what you have said is true, he will very soon occupy this place underneath my feet and I knew it (from the scriptures) that he was going to appear but I did not know that he would be from you, and if I could reach him definitely, I would go immediately to meet him and if I were with him, I would certainly wash his feet.'

Heraclius then asked for the letter addressed by Allah's Apostle which was delivered by Dihya to the Governor of Busra, who forwarded it to Heraclius to read. The contents of the letter were as follows: "In the name of Allah the Beneficent, the Merciful (This letter is) from Muhammad the slave of Allah and His Apostle to Heraclius the ruler of Byzantine. Peace be upon him, who follows the right path. Furthermore I invite you to Islam, and if you become a Muslim you will be safe, and Allah will double your reward, and if you reject this invitation of Islam you will be committing a sin by misguiding your Arisiyin (peasants). (And I recite to you Allah's Statement)

'O people of the scripture! Come to a word common to you and us that we worship none but Allah and that we associate nothing in worship with Him, and that none of us shall take others as Lords beside Allah. Then, if they turn away, say: Bear witness that we are Muslims (those who have surrendered to Allah).' (3:64).

Abu Sufyan then added, "When Heraclius had finished his speech and had read the letter, there was a great hue and cry in the Royal Court. So we were turned out of the court. I told my companions that the question of Ibn-Abi-Kabsha) (the Prophet Muhammad) has become so prominent that even the King of Bani Al-Asfar (Byzantine) is afraid of him. Then I started to become sure that he (the Prophet) would be the conqueror in the near future till I embraced Islam (i.e. Allah guided me to it)."

The sub narrator adds, "Ibn An-Natur was the Governor of llya' (Jerusalem) and Heraclius was the head of the Christians of Sham. Ibn An-Natur narrates that once while Heraclius was visiting ilya' (Jerusalem), he got up in the morning with a sad mood. Some of his priests asked him why he was in that mood? Heraclius was a foreteller and an astrologer. He replied, 'At night when I looked at the stars, I saw that the leader of those who practice circumcision had appeared (become the conqueror). Who are they who practice circumcision?' The people replied, 'Except the Jews nobody practices circumcision, so you should not be afraid of them (Jews).

'Just Issue orders to kill every Jew present in the country.'

While they were discussing it, a messenger sent by the king of Ghassan to convey the news of Allah's Apostle to Heraclius was brought in. Having heard the news, he (Heraclius) ordered the people to go and see whether the messenger of Ghassan was circumcised. The people, after seeing him, told Heraclius that he was circumcised. Heraclius then asked him about the Arabs. The messenger replied, 'Arabs also practice circumcision.'

(After hearing that) Heraclius remarked that sovereignty of the 'Arabs had appeared. Heraclius then wrote a letter to his friend in Rome who was as good as Heraclius in knowledge. Heraclius then left for Homs. (a town in Syrian and stayed there till he received the reply of his letter from his friend who agreed with him in his opinion about the emergence of the Prophet and the fact that he was a Prophet. On that Heraclius invited all the heads of the Byzantines to assemble in his palace at Homs. When they assembled, he ordered that all the doors of his palace be closed. Then he came out and said, 'O Byzantines! If success is your desire and if you seek right guidance and want your empire to remain then give a pledge of allegiance to this Prophet (i.e. embrace Islam).'

(On hearing the views of Heraclius) the people ran towards the gates of the palace like onagers but found the doors closed. Heraclius realized their hatred towards Islam and when he lost the hope of their embracing Islam, he ordered that they should be brought back in audience.

(When they returned) he said, 'What already said was just to test the strength of your conviction and I have seen it.' The people prostrated before him and became pleased with him, and this was the end of Heraclius's story (in connection with his faith).
----------------------------
Source: Bukhari: Book 1, Volume 1, Hadith 6

Rifat
May 27, 2011, 11:16 PM
Amazing thread bro...Thanks [বাংলা]আমিপানিপানকরি [/বাংলা]bhai।

idrinkh2O
May 28, 2011, 02:32 AM
~A few ahadith regarding Friday Prayer!!!~

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "When it is a Friday, the angels stand at the gate of the mosque and keep on writing the names of the persons coming to the mosque in succession according to their arrivals. The example of the one who enters the mosque in the earliest hour is that of one offering a camel (in sacrifice). The one coming next is like one offering a cow and then a ram and then a chicken and then an egg respectively. When the Imam comes out (for Jumua prayer) they (i.e. angels) fold their papers and listen to the Khutba."

(Bukhari: Book 2, Volume 13, Hadith 51)
------------------

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) said, "Any person who takes a bath on Friday like the bath of Janaba and then goes for the prayer (in the first hour i.e. early), it is as if he had sacrificed a camel (in Allah's cause); and whoever goes in the second hour it is as if he had sacrificed a cow; and whoever goes in the third hour, then it is as if he had sacrificed a horned ram; and if one goes in the fourth hour, then it is as if he had sacrificed a hen; and whoever goes in the fifth hour then it is as if he had offered an egg. When the Imam comes out (i.e. starts delivering the Khutba), the angels present themselves to listen to the Khutba."

(Bukhari: Book 2, Volume 13, Hadith 6)
------------------

Narrated Salman-Al-Farsi:

The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "Whoever takes a bath on Friday, purifies himself as much as he can, then uses his (hair) oil or perfumes himself with the scent of his house, then proceeds (for the Jumua prayer) and does not separate two persons sitting together (in the mosque), then prays as much as (Allah has) written for him and then remains silent while the Imam is delivering the Khutba, his sins in-between the present and the last Friday would be forgiven."

(Bukhari: Book 2, Volume 13, Hadith 8)
------------------

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet used to recite the following in the Fajr prayer of Friday, "Alif, Lam, Mim, Tanzil" (Surat-as-Sajda #32) and "Hal-ata-ala-l-Insani" (i.e. Surah-Ad-Dahr #76).

(Bukhari: Book 2, Volume 13, Hadith 16)
------------------

Narrated Abu Umama bin Sahl bin Hunaif:

I heard Muawiya bin Abi Sufyan (repeating the statements of the Adhan) while he was sitting on the pulpit. When the Muadh-dhin pronounced the Adhan saying, "Allahu-Akbar, Allahu Akbar", Muawiya said: "Allah Akbar, Allahu Akbar." And when the Muadh-dhin said, "Ash-hadu an la ilaha illal-lah (I testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah)", Muawiya said, "And (so do) I". When he said, "Ash-hadu anna Muhammadan Rasulullah" (I testify that Muhammad is Allah's Apostle), Muawiya said, "And (so do) I". When the Adhan was finished, Muawiya said, "O people, when the Muadh-dhin pronounced the Adhan I heard Allah's Apostle on this very pulpit saying what you have just heard me saying".

(Bukhari: Book 2, Volume 13, Hadith 37)
------------------

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:

A person entered the mosque while the Prophet was delivering the Khutba on a Friday. The Prophet said to him, "Have you prayed?" The man replied in the negative. The Prophet said, "Get up and pray two Rakat."

(Bukhari: Book 2, Volume 13, Hadith 52)
------------------

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) talked about Friday and said, "There is an hour (opportune time) on Friday and if a Muslim gets it while praying and asks something from Allah, then Allah will definitely meet his demand." And he (the Prophet) pointed out the shortness of that time with his hands.

(Bukhari: Book 2, Volume 13, Hadith 57)
------------------

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Umar:

Allah's Apostle used to pray two Rakat before the Zuhr prayer and two Rakat after it. He also used to pray two Rakat after the Maghrib prayer in his house, and two Rakat after the 'Isha' prayer. He never prayed after Jumua prayer till he departed (from the Mosque), and then he would pray two Rakat at home.

(Bukhari: Book 2, Volume 13, Hadith 59)

Alien
May 30, 2011, 12:37 AM
Jesus was mentioned in the Quran 28 times. I looked up here: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_times_is_the_name_Jesus_mentioned_in_the_ quran

and added up the verses where he was mentioned. The sum of the 28 verse numbers are 2205.

So could it be possible that Jesus will return in approx. 194 years time (following Gregorian calender) or 773 years following Islamic Calendar?

Gregorian sounds more plausible since countdown should start from Jesus birth time rather than Islamic calendar. 773 years sounds a bit too long for some reason.

mar umpire
May 30, 2011, 07:37 AM
Well according to the hadeeth it is not known when the day of judgement will be or when Iesa alaihissalam will return. So I guess it's better not to speculate. Allah knows best

Zunaid
May 30, 2011, 08:05 AM
May 25th, 3015. Sell your stocks by then.

Nafi
May 30, 2011, 10:25 AM
Jesus was mentioned in the Quran 28 times. I looked up here: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_times_is_the_name_Jesus_mentioned_in_the_ quran

and added up the verses where he was mentioned. The sum of the 28 verse numbers are 2205.

So could it be possible that Jesus will return in approx. 194 years time (following Gregorian calender) or 773 years following Islamic Calendar?

Gregorian sounds more plausible since countdown should start from Jesus birth time rather than Islamic calendar. 773 years sounds a bit too long for some reason.

you sound like a evangelical christian #:-S

idrinkh2O
June 5, 2011, 04:02 AM
Topic: Understanding and Moderation
Speaker: Imam Suhaib Webb

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zhsurf49vlY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

idrinkh2O
June 5, 2011, 04:17 AM
The 6 Cs of Character by Sheikh Yassir Fazaga

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WT9WJMXDggE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

idrinkh2O
June 5, 2011, 04:22 AM
The Heart of the Quran-Reflections from Surah Ya-Sin by Shaykh Hamza Yusuf

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/58PZal2cwAI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

idrinkh2O
June 5, 2011, 04:27 AM
How the Quran was compiled by Shaykh Hamza Yusuf

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x3eE2nWLZvc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

idrinkh2O
June 5, 2011, 04:31 AM
Al-Qur'an the Living Miracle by Shaykh Hamza Yusuf

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LqVn4AiYZuI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

idrinkh2O
June 6, 2011, 01:00 PM
~Story of HOW the 5-times-SALAT(namaaz or ritual prayer) was PRESCRIBED to mankind!!!~
Narrated Abu Dhar:

Allah's Apostle said, "While I was at Mecca the roof of my house was opened and Gabriel descended, opened my chest, and washed it with Zam-zam water. Then he brought a golden tray full of wisdom and faith and having poured its contents into my chest, he closed it. Then he took my hand and ascended with me to the nearest heaven, when I reached the nearest heaven, Gabriel said to the gatekeeper of the heaven, 'Open (the gate).' The gatekeeper asked, 'Who is it?' Gabriel answered: 'Gabriel.' He asked, 'Is there anyone with you?' Gabriel replied, 'Yes, Muhammad I is with me.' He asked, 'Has he been called?' Gabriel said, 'Yes.' So the gate was opened and we went over the nearest heaven and there we saw a man sitting with some people on his right and some on his left. When he looked towards his right, he laughed and when he looked toward his left he wept. Then he said, 'Welcome! O pious Prophet and pious son.' I asked Gabriel, 'Who is he?' He replied, 'He is Adam and the people on his right and left are the souls of his offspring. Those on his right are the people of Paradise and those on his left are the people of Hell and when he looks towards his right he laughs and when he looks towards his left he weeps.'

Then he ascended with me till he reached the second heaven and he (Gabriel) said to its gatekeeper, 'Open (the gate).' The gatekeeper said to him the same as the gatekeeper of the first heaven had said and he opened the gate. Anas said: "Abu Dhar added that the Prophet met Adam, Idris, Moses, Jesus and Abraham, he (Abu Dhar) did not mention on which heaven they were but he mentioned that he (the Prophet ) met Adarn on the nearest heaven and Abraham on the sixth heaven. Anas said, "When Gabriel along with the Prophet passed by Idris, the latter said, 'Welcome! O pious Prophet and pious brother.' The Prophet asked, 'Who is he?' Gabriel replied, 'He is Idris." The Prophet added, "I passed by Moses and he said, 'Welcome! O pious Prophet and pious brother.' I asked Gabriel, 'Who is he?' Gabriel replied, 'He is Moses.' Then I passed by Jesus and he said, 'Welcome! O pious brother and pious Prophet.' I asked, 'Who is he?' Gabriel replied, 'He is Jesus.

Then I passed by Abraham and he said, 'Welcome! O pious Prophet and pious son.' I asked Gabriel, 'Who is he?' Gabriel replied, 'He is Abraham. The Prophet added, 'Then Gabriel ascended with me to a place where I heard the creaking of the pens." Ibn Hazm and Anas bin Malik said: The Prophet said, "Then Allah enjoined fifty prayers on my followers when I returned with this order of Allah, I passed by Moses who asked me, 'What has Allah enjoined on your followers?' I replied, 'He has enjoined fifty prayers on them.' Moses said, 'Go back to your Lord (and appeal for reduction) for your followers will not be able to bear it.' (So I went back to Allah and requested for reduction) and He reduced it to half. When I passed by Moses again and informed him about it, he said, 'Go back to your Lord as your followers will not be able to bear it.' So I returned to Allah and requested for further reduction and half of it was reduced. I again passed by Moses and he said to me: 'Return to your Lord, for your followers will not be able to bear it. So I returned to Allah and He said, 'These are five prayers and they are all (equal to) fifty (in reward) for My Word does not change.' I returned to Moses and he told me to go back once again. I replied, 'Now I feel shy of asking my Lord again.' Then Gabriel took me till we " reached Sidrat-il-Muntaha (Lote tree of; the utmost boundry) which was shrouded in colors, indescribable. Then I was admitted into Paradise where I found small (tents or) walls (made) of pearls and its earth was of musk."

Bukhari: Book 1: Volume 8: Hadith 345

idrinkh2O
June 6, 2011, 04:13 PM
It’s Jumuah!
(Parody of Friday by Rebecca Black)

7 am, waking up for Fajr
Gotta make wudu, gotta pray my sunnah
Gotta make ghusl, Gotta clip my nails,
Looking outside, the sun is rising,
Up the sky, and everybody’s rushing
Gotta get down to the masjid
Gotta say salam, to the Imam,

Sitting in the first saff, or
Chilling in the ack saff,
Gotta make my mind up,
Do I want the ajr?

It’s Jumuah, Jumuah
Gotta make dhikr on Jumuah,
Everyone is reading Suratul Kahf, Kahf
It’s Jumuah, Jumuah
Gotta make dhikr on Jumuah
Everyone is reading Suratul Kahf

Miswaking, Miswaking (Yeah!)
Pray, Pray, Pray, Pray
Gotta read Suratul Kahf

12:45 the Imam’s on the minbar
Talkin bout something like fiqh of zakat
There’s whispering, chatterin from the crowd
Don’t they know that is haram?

I stand up, you stand up
Prayer’s about to start (yeah!)
Foot to Foot, Shoulder to Shoulder
Just don’t step on me!

Standing in the first saff, or
Chilling in the back saff,
Gotta make my mind up,
Do I want the ajr?

[Chorus Repeat]
Pray, Pray, Pray, Pray
Gotta read Suratul Kahf

Last week I had heart burn (from after Jumuah lunch)
This week I am skipping (on after Jumuah lunch)
I’m on a diet, a veggie diet
Just gonna have some hummus at home

And when I try to leave the masjid, an uncle stops me,
And rubs some itar on my cheeks

It's Jumuah! song WITHOUT Music:
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d0Da4pQDiCk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's Jumuah! song WITH Music:
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K2TcTCqyisA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

idrinkh2O
June 10, 2011, 02:25 AM
Quiz of the day:

What is Allah's direct line or phone number?

**Whoever can answer it correctly will get some candy inshallah;)

Alien
June 10, 2011, 08:45 AM
you sound like a evangelical christian #:-S

I saw that coming :)

Isnaad
June 10, 2011, 08:53 AM

**Whoever can answer it correctly will get some candy inshallah;)

Salat?

idrinkh2O
June 10, 2011, 01:20 PM

2-4-4-3-4 (& 3)

** Fazr-Dhuhar-Asr-Maghrib-Isha ---> The obligatory or fard prayers of the day
** (& 3) = 3 Rakat for Salatul Witr

idrinkh2O
June 10, 2011, 01:36 PM
Salat?

As promised...here you go:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgnrX2m6eG-bKFMvWcU6hboa_Z29OeewmAAZ4Piu3BVf_55e-wfg

Alien
June 12, 2011, 06:27 AM
http://www.themodernreligion.com/basic/quran/quran_scatter.htmhttp://www.themodernreligion.com/basic/quran/scatter2.gif

Isnaad
June 12, 2011, 07:14 AM
As promised...here you go:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgnrX2m6eG-bKFMvWcU6hboa_Z29OeewmAAZ4Piu3BVf_55e-wfg

:) Shukran..!

Rifat
June 13, 2011, 12:13 AM
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zrQQSN6xsFE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

most likely nobody will end up watching this ;). but Wallahi I love this Shiekh, In my opinion, a truly enlightened person.

Sakib
June 17, 2011, 01:50 AM
^ i like his lectures. the way he delivers the messages and his voice - very peaceful, isn't it? :)

idrinkh2O
June 17, 2011, 06:50 PM
Here (http://www.kalamullah.com/Books/fortress_of_the_muslim.pdf) is the complete copy of the famous authentic Dua or Supplication Book: Fortress of the Muslim: Invocations from the Qur'an & Sunnah. (Also, available at Dar-us-Salam!) Please use it and share it with others.

http://www.kalamullah.com/Books/fortress_of_the_muslim.pdf

The bangla version of this book is known as Hisnul Muslimin: Qur'an o Hadhis Theke Shonkolito by Sayyid Ibn Ali Al Kahtani (Available at Katabon, BD)

Check out the following website. It has some other great books (lectures etc) available in English!

http://www.kalamullah.com/books.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note From the Author of Fortress of the Muslim:

Invocations from the Qur'an & Sunnah. Translation of Hisnul-Muslim. (aka 'Citadel of the Believer') This is a very beautiful booklet consisting of many authentic Dua's (supplications) for a Muslim to supplicate on a daily basis and on special occasions. Author's Note... This book is an abridgment of my earlier work entitled, Adh-Dhikr wad-Du'a wal-'llaj bir-Ruqyah mina'-Kitab was-Sunnah. In order to make it small and easily portable, I have chosen only the section on words of remembrance for this abridgment. To achieve this, I only mentioned the text of the words of remembrance instead of the entire Hadith. I also limited myself to mentioning only one or two references from the original book for each Hadith. Whoever would like to know about the Companion who related a particular Hadith, or more information about where it is recorded, should refer to the original work (mentioned above). I ask Allah the Glorious, the Mighty, by His beautiful Names and by His sublime Attributes to accept this as having been done sincerely for His sake alone. I ask Him to bring me its benefits during my lifetime and after my death. May those who read it, those who print it, or have had any role in distributing it, benefit from it also. Surely He, glory be unto Him, is Capable of all things. May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon our Prophet, Muhammad, and upon his family and Companions and whoever follows them in piety until the Day of Judgment.

Said bin Ali bin Wahaf Al-Qahtani, Safar,1409

al Furqaan
June 17, 2011, 09:26 PM
Facts about Quran : Mathematical Miracles

The first verse (1:1),known as "Bismalah," consists of 19 letters
The Quran consists of 114 suras, which is ..............19 x 6.
The total number of verses in the Quran is 6346, or ....19 x 334.
[6234 numbered verses & 112 un-numbered verses (Basmalahs) 6234+112 = 6346] Note that 6+3+4+6 =.......19.
The Bismalah occurs 114 times, despite its conspicuous absence from Sura 9 (it occurs twice in Sura 27) & 114= 19x6.
From the missing Bismalah of Sura 9 to the extra Bismalah of Sura 27, there are precisely ...19 suras.
It follows that the total of the sura numbers from 9 to 27 (9+10+11+12+...+26+27) is 342, or .............19 x 18.
This total (342) also equals the number of words between the two Bismalahs of Sura 27, and 342 = ........19 x 18.
The famous first revelation (96:1-5) consists of .......19 words.
This 19-worded first revelation consists of 76 letters .19 x 4.
Sura 96, first in the chronological sequence, consists of .... 19 verses.
This first chronological sura is placed atop the last ..19 suras.
Sura 96 consists of 304 Arabic letters, and 304 equals .19 x 16.
The last revelation (Sura 110) consists of ............19 words.
The first verse of the last revelation (110:1) consists of ........ 19 letters.
14 different Arabic letters, form 14 different sets of "Quranic Initials" (such as A.L.M. of 2:1), and prefix 29 suras. These numbers add up to 14+14+29 = 57 = ......19 x 3.
The total of the 29 sura numbers where the Quranic Initials occur is 2+3+7+...+50+68 = 822, and 822+14 (14 sets of initials) equals 836, or ................. 19 x 44.
Between the first initialed sura (Sura 2) and the last initialed sura (Sura 68) there are 38 un-initialed suras 19 x 2.
Between the first and last initialed sura there are ....19 sets of alternating "initialed" and "un-initialed" suras.
The Quran mentions 30 different numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 19, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 99, 100, 200, 300, 1000, 2000, 3000, 5000, 50,000, & 100,000. The sum of these numbers is 162146, which equals 19x8534.

when i get the spare time, im gonna go ahead and run this in a boolean search to see if that is indeed true. if so, its pretty remarkable as it can't be "mere coincidence" every time. at some point, if a coin keeps coming up as heads, i'd question it.

that being said the thing with the days in a year is a bit interesting. there are 355 days in the lunar calendar, not 365. so was the Quran then making a scientific point about the time it takes for the earth to revolve around the sun? perhaps, perhaps no. but interesting nonetheless.

idrinkh2O
July 15, 2011, 02:36 AM
1. Narrated Talha bin 'Ubaid-Ullah:

A bedouin with unkempt hair came to Allah's Apostle and said, "O Allah's Apostle! Inform me what Allah has made compulsory for me as regards the prayers." He replied: "You have to offer perfectly the five compulsory prayers in a day and night (24 hours), unless you want to pray Nawafil." The bedouin further asked, "Inform me what Allah has made compulsory for me as regards fasting." He replied, "You have to fast during the whole month of Ramadan, unless you want to fast more as Nawafil." The bedouin further asked, "Tell me how much Zakat Allah has enjoined on me." Thus, Allah's Apostle informed him about all the rules (i.e. fundamentals) of Islam. The bedouin then said, "By Him Who has honored you, I will neither perform any Nawafil nor will I decrease what Allah has enjoined on me. Allah's Apostle said, "If he is saying the truth, he will succeed (or he will be granted Paradise)."
(Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 31 :: Hadith 115)

2. Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Fasting is a shield (or a screen or a shelter). So, the person observing fasting should avoid sexual relation with his wife and should not behave foolishly and impudently, and if somebody fights with him or abuses him, he should tell him twice, 'I am fasting." The Prophet added, "By Him in Whose Hands my soul is, the smell coming out from the mouth of a fasting person is better in the sight of Allah than the smell of musk. (Allah says about the fasting person), 'He has left his food, drink and desires for My sake. The fast is for Me. So I will reward (the fasting person) for it and the reward of good deeds is multiplied ten times."
(Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 31 :: Hadith 118)

3. Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever gives two kinds (of things or property) in charity for Allah's Cause, will be called from the gates of Paradise and will be addressed, 'O slaves of Allah! Here is prosperity.' So, whoever was amongst the people who used to offer their prayers, will be called from the gate of the prayer; and whoever was amongst the people who used to participate in Jihad, will be called from the gate of Jihad; and whoever was amongst those who used to observe fasts, will be called from the gate of Ar-Raiyan; whoever was amongst those who used to give in charity, will be called from the gate of charity." Abu Bakr said, "Let my parents be sacrificed for you, O Allah's Apostle! No distress or need will befall him who will be called from those gates. Will there be any one who will be called from all these gates?" The Prophet replied, "Yes, and I hope you will be one of them."
(Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 31 :: Hadith 121)

4. Narrated Sahl:

The Prophet said, "There is a gate in Paradise called Ar-Raiyan, and those who observe fasts will enter through it on the Day of Resurrection and none except them will enter through it. It will be said, 'Where are those who used to observe fasts?' They will get up, and none except them will enter through it. After their entry the gate will be closed and nobody will enter through it."
(Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 31 :: Hadith 120)

5. Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "When the month of Ramadan starts, the gates of the heaven are opened and the gates of Hell are closed and the devils are chained."
(Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 31 :: Hadith 123)

6. Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Whoever established prayers on the night of Qadr out of sincere faith and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven; and whoever fasts in the month of Ramadan out of sincere faith, and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven."
(Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 31 :: Hadith 125)

7. Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The Prophet was the most generous amongst the people, and he used to be more so in the month of Ramadan when Gabriel visited him, and Gabriel used to meet him on every night of Ramadan till the end of the month. The Prophet used to recite the Holy Qur'an to Gabriel, and when Gabriel met him, he used to be more generous than a fast wind (which causes rain and welfare).
(Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 31 :: Hadith 126)

8. Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Allah said, 'All the deeds of Adam's sons (people) are for them, except fasting which is for Me, and I will give the reward for it.' Fasting is a shield or protection from the fire and from committing sins. If one of you is fasting, he should avoid sexual relation with his wife and quarreling, and if somebody should fight or quarrel with him, he should say, 'I am fasting.' By Him in Whose Hands my soul is' The unpleasant smell coming out from the mouth of a fasting person is better in the sight of Allah than the smell of musk. There are two pleasures for the fasting person, one at the time of breaking his fast, and the other at the time when he will meet his Lord; then he will be pleased because of his fasting."
(Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 31 :: Hadith 128)

9. Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Whoever does not give up forged speech and evil actions, Allah is not in need of his leaving his food and drink (i.e. Allah will not accept his fasting.)"
(Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 31 :: Hadith 127)

10. Narrated Sahl bin Saud:

When the following verses were revealed: 'Eat and drink until the white thread appears to you, distinct from the black thread' and of dawn was not revealed, some people who intended to fast, tied black and white threads to their legs and went on eating till they differentiated between the two. Allah then revealed the words, 'of dawn', and it became clear that meant night and day.
(Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 31 :: Hadith 141)

11. Narrated Anas bin Malik:

The Prophet said, "Take Suhur as there is a blessing in it."
(Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 31 :: Hadith 146)

12. Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "If somebody eats or drinks forgetfully then he should complete his fast, for what he has eaten or drunk, has been given to him by Allah." Narrated 'Amir bin Rabi'a, "I saw the Prophet cleaning his teeth with Siwak while he was fasting so many times as I can't count." And narrated Abu Huraira, "The Prophet said, 'But for my fear that it would be hard for my followers, I would have ordered them to clean their teeth with Siwak on every performance of ablution." The same is narrated by Jabir and Zaid bin Khalid from the Prophet who did not differentiate between a fasting and a nonfasting person in this respect (using Siwak).

Aisha said, "The Prophet said, "It (i.e. Siwak) is a purification for the mouth and it is a way of seeking Allah's pleasures." Ata' and Qatada said, "There is no harm in swallowing the resultant saliva."
(Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 31 :: Hadith 154)

13. Narrated Abdullah bin Abi Aufa:

We were in the company of the Prophet on a journey and he was fasting, and when the sun set, he addressed somebody, "O so-and-so, get up and mix Sawiq with water for us." He replied, "O Allah's Apostle! (Will you wait) till it is evening?" The Prophet said, "Get down and mix Sawiq with water for us." He replied, "O Allah's Apostle! (If you wait) till it is evening." The Prophet said again, "Get down and mix Sawiq with water for us." He replied, "It is still daytime."(1) The Prophet said again, "Get down and mix Sawiq with water for us." He got down and mixed Sawiq for them. The Prophet drank it and then said, "When you see night falling from this side, the fasting person should break his fast."
(Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 31 :: Hadith 176)

14. Narrated 'Aisha:

(the wife of the Prophet) Hamza bin 'Amr Al-Aslami asked the Prophet, "Should I fast while traveling?" The Prophet replied, "You may fast if you wish, and you may not fast if you wish."
(Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 31 :: Hadith 164)

idrinkh2O
July 15, 2011, 02:55 AM
Ramadan 2011 is approaching. May Allah help us preparing ourselves to greet this special month -- Allahumma Ameen :up:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ramadan seminar:

Session 1: Shaykh Abdul Nasir Jangda speaking about preparing for the Ramadan

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-Wjb4O0Pe5s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Session 2: Shaykh Abdul Nasir Jangda speaking about preparing for the Ramadan

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i7drXu93aw4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Session 1: Fiqh of Fasting by Shaykh Abdul Nasir Jangda

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gtxlJ1fo11M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Session 2: Fiqh of Fasting by Shaykh Abdul Nasir Jangda

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6Y-OVOpnVIw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Session 3: by Nouman Ali Khan

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Rh2rmh6HLc0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Session 4: Taraweeh and Itikaf by Shaykh Abdul Nasir Jangda

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MI3Wat9w6mw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sbsash
July 15, 2011, 08:58 PM
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XS29ukyS4y4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bujhee kom
July 15, 2011, 09:40 PM
Maan, this is good stuff, this is freaking me out bro!!....Dear Sid bro, you were highly missed...it's good to see you back in full action again amongst us!! :big_hug:

But I sure wish Allah the Almighty the Most Merciful wouldn't assign, or wouldn't let the Satan assign a dedicated full service demon/little satan with each new born human being, things would have been a little bit better and easier maybe. Because come to think about it, we have the highest number of human population on earth now, that means we have at least that many Demons/junior Satans amongst us living and breathing and operating and as the number of population rises, the number of satans will rise....BD for instance, I see where all the problems come from, highly dense, compact, huge massive popoulation, I mean that geographic area must be infested with satanic activity!

sbsash
July 15, 2011, 09:47 PM
Maan, this is good....dear Sid bro, you were highly missed...it's good to see you back in full action again amongst us!! :big_hug:

Thanks BK :) I visit BC regularly but don't really have anything to say so I just don't post as much now.

rashed411
July 19, 2011, 12:32 PM
I've been doing so much wrong lately. I've been so distracted by girls, money, cars and other worldly things while forgetting the truth. I feel like I'm slowly slipping away from Islam. I want to make it right this Ramadan inshallah! Everyone please make dua for me. Thank You.

Tiger Manc
July 20, 2011, 06:33 AM
^^^Insh'Allah

Maybe seeking knowledge will help. Try this website:

www.learnislaminbangla.com

sbsash
July 20, 2011, 07:32 PM
I've been doing so much wrong lately. I've been so distracted by girls, money, cars and other worldly things while forgetting the truth. I feel like I'm slowly slipping away from Islam. I want to make it right this Ramadan inshallah! Everyone please make dua for me. Thank You.

You just reminded me of this nasheed. lol
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5BDYMwHFZ-4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BD_2015
July 21, 2011, 12:26 PM
Ramadan is coming so I think this video will be a really good reminder for all of us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fugf1DcNyc

I am having some problems posting Youtube video without embedded link.
Can any of you post this video without Youtube link ? Thanks

sbsash
July 21, 2011, 02:10 PM
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-fugf1DcNyc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BD_2015
July 22, 2011, 07:29 PM
Thanks brother.

Rifat
July 23, 2011, 03:12 PM
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vr8DR8frP_s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rifat
July 23, 2011, 03:14 PM
^^The above reciter is Bangladeshi :D ALhamdulillah!!

Banglaguy
July 23, 2011, 03:22 PM
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vr8DR8frP_s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is Kamal Uddin right? He's got an extremely nice voice, and has many Nasheeds.

Naimul_Hd
July 25, 2011, 01:02 AM
I always had this question on my mind :)

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Sa8eF-uZnw?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Sa8eF-uZnw?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

sbsash
July 25, 2011, 11:01 AM
Thanks brother.

No prob.

sbsash
July 25, 2011, 11:04 AM

Best Quran recitation I ever heard!

Banglaguy
July 25, 2011, 11:06 AM
Best Quran recitation I ever heard! Wish the translations were a bit simpler though.

You can't translate the Quran any more than the word value given. It can't be made simpler... :)

sbsash
July 25, 2011, 11:11 AM
You can't translate the Quran any more than the word value given. It can't be made simpler... :)

Sorry my bad, what I was trying to say was I wish parts of it wasn't old English. Example: "Ye" in "Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?"

Banglaguy
July 25, 2011, 11:12 AM
Sorry my bad, what I was trying to say was I wish parts of it wasn't old English. Example: "Ye" in "Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?"

Ye = you :)

roman
July 25, 2011, 10:11 PM
Best Quran recitation I ever heard!

listen to this brother....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6_CDb9Zc3k&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cNPEb2dXl8&feature=relmfu

sbsash
July 26, 2011, 04:17 PM
Mishary Al Afasy is probably the best Qari out there but I liked Kamal Uddin's recitation of Surah Rahman better.

Alchemist
July 27, 2011, 12:15 AM
তোমাদের কী হলো, তোমরা কি আল্লাহর পথে লড়বে না! অসহায় নরনারী ও শিশুদের জন্য, যারা দুর্বলতার কারণে নির্যাতীত হচ্ছে ? তারা ফরিয়াদ করছে, হে আমাদের রব ! এই জনপদ থেকে আমাদের বের করে নিয়ে যাও, যার অধিবাসীরা জালেম এবং তোমার পক্ষ থেকে আমাদের কোন বন্ধু , অভিভাবক ও সাহায্যকারী তৈরী করে দাও....সূরা নিসা-৭৫

And what is [the matter] with you that you fight not in the cause of Allah and [for] the oppressed among men, women, and children who say, "Our Lord, take us out of this city of oppressive people and appoint for us from Yourself a protector and appoint for us from Yourself a helper?"Surah Nisa-75

Ajfar
July 28, 2011, 01:06 AM
Rifat thank you for introducing me to Bonna Mohammed. I love this guy!

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZIPVNkGmO70?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZIPVNkGmO70?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Rifat
July 29, 2011, 03:42 PM
you are welcome ajfar :)!
HE was EPIC at the ICNA entertainment session.

idrinkh2O
August 2, 2011, 07:10 PM
Here are some of the beautiful verses from the Quran which can be used as a dua/supplication/Munajat:

[Surah or Chapter # : Ayat or Verse #]

2:127, 147, 201
3:178
5:35
7:23, 126, 180
17: 57
18: 10
34:37
44:12
60:4
63:8

Also, Part 3 and Part 4 of Riyadus Salehin has lots of hadith related to supplication/dua. Some beautiful ahadith can be found in hadith number (from Riyadus Salehin): 1477, 1478, 1489, 1468 etc.

idrinkh2O
August 3, 2011, 05:39 PM
This site (http://www.islamic-world.net/children/daily_read/dailydua.htm) has some duas/supplications for everyday life!

http://www.islamic-world.net/children/daily_read/dailydua.htm

BD_2015
August 4, 2011, 08:44 PM
Youtube streaming live Taraaweh from Makkah. Alhamdulillah :)

“This is the first LiveStream event coming from MENA, specifically Saudi Arabia, and we hope that it will give the opportunity not only to two billion Muslims but to the entire world to observe one milion Muslims praying each day from the holiest point in Makkah, the Kaaba, for the first time in history,” said a Google statement.

http://www.youtube.com/MakkahLive

idrinkh2O
August 5, 2011, 12:51 AM
Youtube live streaming the Taraweeh from Makkah:
Subhanallah, Alhamdulillah, Allahu Akbar

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x4dki-lXvuo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

“This is the first LiveStream event coming from MENA, specifically Saudi Arabia, and we hope that it will give the opportunity not only to two billion Muslims but to the entire world to observe one milion Muslims praying each day from the holiest point in Makkah, the Kaaba, for the first time in history,” said a Google statement.

Thank you and JJK BD_2015:)

idrinkh2O
August 5, 2011, 01:30 AM
http://c00022506.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/49_10.png

The believers are but brothers, so make settlement between your brothers. And fear Allah that you may receive mercy. [49:10]

bujhee kom
August 5, 2011, 01:54 AM
Thank you both Shaidul BD-2015 bhai and iDrinkH2O bhai for the youtube link of the live Taraweeh from the holy city of Mekkah...I much appreciate it dear bros. It is very touching and humbling.

Ajfar
August 10, 2011, 11:12 PM
What is the proper to pray Witr namaz? I have seen people do it in different ways. I been told there are different ways of doing. So I guess i'm just trying to clarify is there one specific way I should do it?

BanCricFan
August 10, 2011, 11:44 PM
^^
Hanafi school of thought does it slightly differently to, say, Shafi'e school. So, it all depends which schools of thought (madhab) you follow. Thats why following one of the four madhabs has been the done thing in the muslim worlds for the last 1400 years. It saves us from the confusion and allows us to practice the deen according to the sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) through the authoritative understanding of the absolute scholars (mujtahid mutlaq imams) of Islam.

Banglaguy
August 11, 2011, 08:10 AM
What is the proper to pray Witr namaz? I have seen people do it in different ways. I been told there are different ways of doing. So I guess i'm just trying to clarify is there one specific way I should do it?

You just pray it normally, although it is advised to recite the three ''Kul's'' (Surah Ikhlas, Falaqh and Nas). At the end of the third rakat before you give salam you must recite Allahuma Inna Nasta Inuka :)

Banglaguy
August 11, 2011, 08:11 AM
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/36Mfsbgyr7M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is by far my favourite recitation of all time :)

Rumz_01
August 13, 2011, 11:08 AM
Sheikh Salah Bukhatir, SubhanAllah what a voice :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsAI1KRKF84 - Surah Waquah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju4kDcU8ERA&feature=related - Surah Qiyama

and my personal favourite, Surah Qalam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoJw72Tlo5M&feature=relmfu

idrinkh2O
August 15, 2011, 07:51 PM
Here is another great website:

http://quranicsciences.com/index.asp?visitormonid=4384

idrinkh2O
August 16, 2011, 02:41 AM
How Islamic inventors changed the world (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/how-islamic-inventors-changed-the-world-469452.html)

From coffee to cheques and the three-course meal, the Muslim world has given us many innovations that we take for granted in daily life. As a new exhibition opens, Paul Vallely nominates 20 of the most influential- and identifies the men of genius behind them.

1. COFFEE:
The story goes that an Arab named Khalid was tending his goats in the Kaffa region of southern Ethiopia, when he noticed his animals became livelier after eating a certain berry. He boiled the berries to make the first coffee. Certainly the first record of the drink is of beans exported from Ethiopia to Yemen where Sufis drank it to stay awake all night to pray on special occasions. By the late 15th century it had arrived in Mecca and Turkey from where it made its way to Venice in 1645. It was brought to England in 1650 by a Turk named Pasqua Rosee who opened the first coffee house in Lombard Street in the City of London. The Arabic qahwa became the Turkish kahve then the Italian caffé and then English coffee.

2. OPTICS:
The ancient Greeks thought our eyes emitted rays, like a laser, which enabled us to see. The first person to realise that light enters the eye, rather than leaving it, was the 10th-century Muslim mathematician, astronomer and physicist Ibn al-Haitham. He invented the first pin-hole camera after noticing the way light came through a hole in window shutters. The smaller the hole, the better the picture, he worked out, and set up the first Camera Obscura (from the Arab word qamara for a dark or private room). He is also credited with being the first man to shift physics from a philosophical activity to an experimental one.

** Inventor: Al-Hasan Ibn Al-Haitham (965 - 1040 AD): Born circa 965, in Basra, Iraq and lived mainly in Cairo, Egypt. He is regarded as the "father of modern optics."
Source: Book(s) - Kitab-al-Manadhir, Mizan al Hikmah. 200 plus books

3. MODERN CHESS GAME:
A form of chess was played in ancient India but the game was developed into the form we know it today in Persia. From there it spread westward to Europe - where it was introduced by the Moors in Spain in the 10th century - and eastward as far as Japan. The word rook comes from the Persian rukh, which means chariot.

4. PARACHUTE AND FLYING MACHINE:
A thousand years before the Wright brothers a Muslim poet, astronomer, musician and engineer named Abbas ibn Firnas made several attempts to construct a flying machine. In 852 he jumped from the minaret of the Grand Mosque in Cordoba using a loose cloak stiffened with wooden struts. He hoped to glide like a bird. He didn't. But the cloak slowed his fall, creating what is thought to be the first parachute, and leaving him with only minor injuries. In 875, aged 70, having perfected a machine of silk and eagles' feathers he tried again, jumping from a mountain. He flew to a significant height and stayed aloft for ten minutes but crashed on landing - concluding, correctly, that it was because he had not given his device a tail so it would stall on landing. Baghdad international airport and a crater on the Moon are named after him.

**Inventor: Abbas Ibn Firnas (810-887 AD): A Berber born in Izn-Rand Onda, Al Andalus (Ronda, Spain) and lived in the Emirate of Cordoba. He was an inventor, engineer, aviator, physician, Arabic poet, and Andalusian musician.
Source: Book(s) - Kitab-al-Manadhir, Mizan al Hikmah. 200 plus books

5. SOAP:
Washing and bathing are religious requirements for Muslims, which is perhaps why they perfected the recipe for soap which we still use today. The ancient Egyptians had soap of a kind, as did the Romans who used it more as a pomade. But it was the Arabs who combined vegetable oils with sodium hydroxide and aromatics such as thyme oil. One of the Crusaders' most striking characteristics, to Arab nostrils, was that they did not wash. Shampoo was introduced to England by a Muslim who opened Mahomed's Indian Vapour Baths on Brighton seafront in 1759 and was appointed Shampooing Surgeon to Kings George IV and William IV.

6. CHEMISTRY:
Distillation, the means of separating liquids through differences in their boiling points, was invented around the year 800 by Islam's foremost scientist, Jabir ibn Hayyan, who transformed alchemy into chemistry, inventing many of the basic processes and apparatus still in use today - liquefaction, crystallisation, distillation, purification, oxidisation, evaporation and filtration. As well as discovering sulphuric and nitric acid, he invented the alembic still, giving the world intense rosewater and other perfumes and alcoholic spirits (although drinking them is haram, or forbidden, in Islam). Ibn Hayyan emphasised systematic experimentation and was the founder of modern chemistry.

**Inventor: Jabir Ibn Hayyan (Geber) (721-815 AD): He is considered by some to be the "father of chemistry". His fame rests on over 100 monumental treatises of which 22 relate to chemistry and alchemy. Apar from chemistry, he also contributed to other sciences such as medicine and astronomy.
Source: Book(s) - Kitab-al-Kimya, Kitab al-sabieen.

7. MECHANICS:
The crank-shaft is a device which translates rotary into linear motion and is central to much of the machinery in the modern world, not least the internal combustion engine. One of the most important mechanical inventions in the history of humankind, it was created by an ingenious Muslim engineer called al-Jazari to raise water for irrigation. His 1206 Book of Knowledge of Ingenious Mechanical Devices shows he also invented or refined the use of valves and pistons, devised some of the first mechanical clocks driven by water and weights, and was the father of robotics. Among his 50 other inventions was the combination lock.

**Inventor: Abu Al-Iz Al-Jazari (1136 -1206 AD): Born in Al-Jaziraothe, northern Mesopotamia. In his book, he described fifty mechanical devices along with instructions on how to construct them.
Source: Book- Book of Knowledge of Ingenious Mechanical Devices

8. QUILT:
Quilting is a method of sewing or tying two layers of cloth with a layer of insulating material in between. It is not clear whether it was invented in the Muslim world or whether it was imported there from India or China. But it certainly came to the West via the Crusaders. They saw it used by Saracen warriors, who wore straw-filled quilted canvas shirts instead of armour. As well as a form of protection, it proved an effective guard against the chafing of the Crusaders' metal armour and was an effective form of insulation - so much so that it became a cottage industry back home in colder climates such as Britain and Holland.

9. POINTED ARCH:
The pointed arch so characteristic of Europe's Gothic cathedrals was an invention borrowed from Islamic architecture. It was much stronger than the rounded arch used by the Romans and Normans, thus allowing the building of bigger, higher, more complex and grander buildings. Other borrowings from Muslim genius included ribbed vaulting, rose windows and dome-building techniques. Europe's castles were also adapted to copy the Islamic world's - with arrow slits, battlements, a barbican and parapets. Square towers and keeps gave way to more easily defended round ones. Henry V's castle architect was a Muslim.

10. SURGERY:
Many modern surgical instruments are of exactly the same design as those devised in the 10th century by a Muslim surgeon called al-Zahrawi. His scalpels, bone saws, forceps, fine scissors for eye surgery and many of the 200 instruments he devised are recognisable to a modern surgeon. It was he who discovered that catgut used for internal stitches dissolves away naturally (a discovery he made when his monkey ate his lute strings) and that it can be also used to make medicine capsules. In the 13th century, another Muslim medic named Ibn Nafis described the circulation of the blood, 300 years before William Harvey discovered it. Muslims doctors also invented anaesthetics of opium and alcohol mixes and developed hollow needles to suck cataracts from eyes in a technique still used today.

**Inventor: Abu Al-Qasim Al-Zahrawi (Abulcasis) (936-1013 AD): An Andulusian who is considered Islam's greatest medieval surgeon and one of the fathers of modern surgery.
Source: Book-Medical Encyclopedia called Kitab Al-Tasrif.

11. WINDMILL:
The windmill was invented in 634 for a Persian caliph and was used to grind corn and draw up water for irrigation. In the vast deserts of Arabia, when the seasonal streams ran dry, the only source of power was the wind which blew steadily from one direction for months. Mills had six or 12 sails covered in fabric or palm leaves. It was 500 years before the first windmill was seen in Europe.

12. VACCINE:
The technique of inoculation was not invented by Jenner and Pasteur but was devised in the Muslim world and brought to Europe from Turkey by the wife of the English ambassador to Istanbul in 1724. Children in Turkey were vaccinated with cowpox to fight the deadly smallpox at least 50 years before the West discovered it.

13. FOUNTAIN PEN:
The fountain pen was invented for the Sultan of Egypt in 953 after he demanded a pen which would not stain his hands or clothes. It held ink in a reservoir and, as with modern pens, fed ink to the nib by a combination of gravity and capillary action.

14. NUMBERING SYSTEM:
The system of numbering in use all round the world is probably Indian in origin but the style of the numerals is Arabic and first appears in print in the work of the Muslim mathematicians al-Khwarizmi and al-Kindi around 825. Algebra was named after al-Khwarizmi's book, Al-Jabr wa-al-Muqabilah, much of whose contents are still in use. The work of Muslim maths scholars was imported into Europe 300 years later by the Italian mathematician Fibonacci. Algorithms and much of the theory of trigonometry came from the Muslim world. And Al-Kindi's discovery of frequency analysis rendered all the codes of the ancient world soluble and created the basis of modern cryptology.

**Inventor: Yaqub Ibn Ishaq Al-Kindi (801-873 AD): Was born in Kufa. He was a philosopher, mathematician, physicist, astronomer, physician, geographer and even an expert in music. It is surprising that he made original contributions to all of these fields.
Source: Book(s) - Risalah dar Tanjim, Ikhtiyarat al-Ayyam, Ilahyat-e-Aristu, al-Mosiqa, Mad-o-Jazr, and Aduiyah Murakkaba.

15. THREE-COURSE MEAL:
Ali ibn Nafi, known by his nickname of Ziryab (Blackbird) came from Iraq to Cordoba in the 9th century and brought with him the concept of the three-course meal - soup, followed by fish or meat, then fruit and nuts. He also introduced crystal glasses (which had been invented after experiments with rock crystal by Abbas ibn Firnas - see No 4).

16. CARPET:
Carpets were regarded as part of Paradise by medieval Muslims, thanks to their advanced weaving techniques, new tinctures from Islamic chemistry and highly developed sense of pattern and arabesque which were the basis of Islam's non-representational art. In contrast, Europe's floors were distinctly earthly, not to say earthy, until Arabian and Persian carpets were introduced. In England, as Erasmus recorded, floors were "covered in rushes, occasionally renewed, but so imperfectly that the bottom layer is left undisturbed, sometimes for 20 years, harbouring expectoration, vomiting, the leakage of dogs and men, ale droppings, scraps of fish, and other abominations not fit to be mentioned". Carpets, unsurprisingly, caught on quickly.

17. BANKING/CHEQUE:
The modern cheque comes from the Arabic saqq, a written vow to pay for goods when they were delivered, to avoid money having to be transported across dangerous terrain. In the 9th century, a Muslim businessman could cash a cheque in China drawn on his bank in Baghdad.

18. EARTH'S SHAPE AND CIRCUMFERENCE:
By the 9th century, many Muslim scholars took it for granted that the Earth was a sphere. The proof, said astronomer Ibn Hazm, "is that the Sun is always vertical to a particular spot on Earth". It was 500 years before that realisation dawned on Galileo. The calculations of Muslim astronomers were so accurate that in the 9th century they reckoned the Earth's circumference to be 40,253.4km - less than 200km out. The scholar Al-Idrisi took a globe depicting the world to the court of King Roger of Sicily in 1139.

19. FIREWORKS:
Though the Chinese invented saltpetre gunpowder, and used it in their fireworks, it was the Arabs who worked out that it could be purified using potassium nitrate for military use. Muslim incendiary devices terrified the Crusaders. By the 15th century they had invented both a rocket, which they called a "self-moving and combusting egg", and a torpedo - a self-propelled pear-shaped bomb with a spear at the front which impaled itself in enemy ships and then blew up.

20. GARDEN:
Medieval Europe had kitchen and herb gardens, but it was the Arabs who developed the idea of the garden as a place of beauty and meditation. The first royal pleasure gardens in Europe were opened in 11th-century Muslim Spain. Flowers which originated in Muslim gardens include the carnation and the tulip.

"1001 Inventions: Discover the Muslim Heritage in Our World" is a new exhibition which began a nationwide tour this week. It is currently at the Science Museum in Manchester. For more information, go to www.1001inventions.com.

SOURCE (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/how-islamic-inventors-changed-the-world-469452.html)

idrinkh2O
August 16, 2011, 02:49 AM
Did You Know That Facts:

http://www.pre-renaissance.com/images/Blue_Mosque.jpg

1. ...coffee was discovered by an arab named Khalid in southern Ethiopia, and was brought to England in 1650 by a Turk named Pasqua Rosee who opened the first coffee house in Lombard Street in the City of London. The Arabic qahwa became the Turkish kahve then the Italian caffé and then English coffee.

2. ...The first person to realise that light enters the eye, rather than leaving it, was the 10th-century Muslim mathematician, astronomer and physicist Ibn al-Haitham. He invented the first pin-hole camera after noticing the way light came through a hole in window shutters. he worked out, the smaller the hole, the better the picture, and set up the first Camera Obscura (from the Arab word 'qamara' for a dark or private room).

3. ...the first man to shift physics from a philosophical activity to an experimental one was the 10th-century Muslim mathematician, astronomer and physicist Ibn al-Haitham.

4. ...the game chess was developed into the form we know it today in Persia. From there it spread westward to Europe - where it was introduced by the Moors in Spain in the 10th century - and eastward as far as Japan. The word rook comes from the Persian rukh, which means chariot.

5. ...A thousand years before the Wright brothers a Muslim poet, astronomer, musician and engineer named Abbas ibn Firnas made several attempts to construct a flying machine. In 875, aged 70, having perfected a machine of silk and eagles' feathers he tried again, jumping from a mountain. He flew to a significant height and stayed aloft for ten minutes but crashed on landing - concluding, correctly, that it was because he had not given his device a tail so it would stall on landing.

6. ...Washing and bathing are religious requirements for Muslims, which is perhaps why they perfected the recipe for soap which we still use today. It was the Arabs who combined vegetable oils with sodium hydroxide and aromatics such as thyme oil.

7. ...Shampoo was introduced to England by a Muslim who opened Mahomed's Indian Vapour Baths on Brighton seafront in 1759 and was appointed Shampooing Surgeon to Kings George IV and William IV.

8. ...Distillation, was invented around the year 800 by Islam's foremost scientist, Jabir ibn Hayyan, who transformed alchemy into chemistry, inventing many of the basic processes and apparatus still in use today - liquefaction, crystallisation, distillation, purification, oxidisation, evaporation and filtration.

9. ...Jabir Ibn Hayyan, the founder of modern chemistry, discovered sulphuric and nitric acid around the year 800, and also invented the alembic still, giving the world intense rosewater and other perfumes.

10. ...the crank-shaft was created in the 12th century by an ingenious Muslim engineer called al-Jazari to raise water for irrigation. The crank-shaft is a device which translates rotary into linear motion and is central to much of the machinery in the modern world, not least the engine of vehicles.

11. ...al-Jazari's 1206 Book of Knowledge of Ingenious Mechanical Devices shows he invented or refined the use of valves and pistons, devised some of the first mechanical clocks driven by water and weights, and was the father of robotics. Among his 50 other inventions was the combination lock.

12. ...quilting came to the West via the Crusaders, who saw it used by Saracen warriors.

13. ...Henry V's castle architect was a Muslim. Europe's castles were adapted to copy the Islamic world's - with arrow slits, battlements, a barbican and parapets.

14. ...The pointed arch so characteristic of Europe's Gothic cathedrals was an invention borrowed from Islamic architecture. It was much stronger than the rounded arch used by the Romans and Normans, thus allowing the building of bigger, higher, more complex and grander buildings.

15. ...many modern surgical instruments are of exactly the same design as those devised in the 10th century by a Muslim surgeon called al-Zahrawi. His scalpels, bone saws, forceps, fine scissors for eye surgery and many of the 200 instruments he devised are recognisable to a modern surgeon.

16. ...a 10th century Muslim surgeon called al-Zahrawi discovered that catgut used for internal stitches dissolves away naturally (a discovery he made when his monkey ate his lute strings) and that it can be also used to make medicine capsules.

17. ...in the 13th century, a Muslim medic named Ibn Nafis described the circulation of the blood, 300 years before William Harvey discovered it.

18. ...Muslims doctors also invented anaesthetics of opium and alcohol mixes and developed hollow needles to suck cataracts from eyes in a technique still used today.

19. ...the windmill was invented in 634 for a Persian caliph and was used to grind corn and draw up water for irrigation. It was 500 years before the first windmill was seen in Europe.

20. ...The technique of inoculation was not invented by Jenner and Pasteur but was devised in the Muslim world and brought to Europe from Turkey by the wife of the English ambassador to Istanbul in 1724. Children in Turkey were vaccinated with cowpox to fight the deadly smallpox at least 50 years before the West discovered it.

21. ...the fountain pen was invented for the Sultan of Egypt in 953 after he demanded a pen which would not stain his hands or clothes. It held ink in a reservoir and, as with modern pens, fed ink to the nib by a combination of gravity and capillary action.

22. ...Algebra was named after Muslim mathematician, al-Khwarizmi's 825CE book, Al-Jabr wa-al-Muqabilah, much of whose contents are still in use. The work of Muslim maths scholars was imported into Europe 300 years later by the Italian mathematician Fibonacci.

23. ...Algorithms and much of the theory of trigonometry came from the Muslim world. And Al-Kindi's discovery of frequency analysis rendered all the codes of the ancient world soluble and created the basis of modern cryptology.

24. ...Ali ibn Nafi, known by his nickname of Ziryab (Blackbird) came from Iraq to Cordoba in the 9th century and brought with him the concept of the three-course meal - soup, followed by fish or meat, then fruit and nuts. He also introduced crystal glasses .

25. ...thanks to the advanced weaving techniques of medieval Muslims, new tinctures from Islamic chemistry and highly developed sense of pattern and arabesque, carpets were regarded as part of Paradise. In contrast, Europe's floors were distinctly earthly, until Arabian and Persian carpets were introduced.

26. ...the modern cheque comes from the Arabic 'saqq', a written vow to pay for goods when they were delivered, to avoid money having to be transported across dangerous terrain. In the 9th century, a Muslim businessman could cash a cheque in China drawn on his bank in Baghdad.

27. ...by the 9th century, many Muslim scholars took it for granted that the Earth was a sphere. The proof, said astronomer Ibn Hazm, "is that the Sun is always vertical to a particular spot on Earth". It was 500 years before that realisation dawned on Galileo.

28. ...the calculations of Muslim astronomers were so accurate that in the 9th century they reckoned the Earth's circumference to be 40,253.4km - less than 200km out. The scholar al-Idrisi took a globe depicting the world to the court of King Roger of Sicily in 1139.

29. ...Medieval Europe had kitchen and herb gardens, but it was the Arabs who developed the idea of the garden as a place of beauty and meditation. The first royal pleasure gardens in Europe were opened in 11th-century Muslim Spain. Flowers which originated in Muslim gardens include the carnation and the tulip.

30. ...way back in the 10th century Muslim doctor Al-Zahrawi pioneered plastic surgery. In fact it was his practice of using ink to mark the incisions are now a routine standard procedure.

....I bet you didn't!!!

Source: http://www.pre-renaissance.com/didyouknow.html

BanCricFan
August 18, 2011, 12:42 AM
Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The Parable of His Light is as if there were a Niche and within it a Lamp: the Lamp enclosed in Glass: the glass as it were a brilliant star: Lit from a blessed Tree, an Olive, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil is well-nigh luminous, though fire scarce touched it: Light upon Light! Allah doth guide whom He will to His Light: Allah doth set forth Parables for men: and Allah doth know all things.(24:35)

Surah Al-Nur (Ayah 35)

BD_2015
August 19, 2011, 05:43 PM
The Dubai International Holy Quran Award (DIHQA) competition was launched Ramdan 2011 with the participation of contestants from 90 countries.The competition, now into its 15th edition, is held every year under the orders and patronage of His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.

My favourite reciters so far:

1.Srilanka

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d4bIbbEJnOU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2.Jordan
<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/89fhNJAszeM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Interesting reciters from Ireland

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kq7FafIwA9o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The competition, which will conclude on end of this ramadan , will also witness the participation of the second youngest competitor ever, Qusay Aadil Al Sunasi, at eight years and four months. Al Sunasi is representing the Republic of Ireland.It also has four blind reciters.

idrinkh2O
August 23, 2011, 07:20 PM

I know two ways of praying Witr though there might be more:

1st way is typical Bangladeshi way (according to Hanafi school of thought) where we pray 3 rakat together and in the last rakat we recite Dua Qunut.

2nd way is how some Arab/african countries pray (probably Shafayee/Malaki or Humbly school of thought --- not sure). First they pray 2 rakat of shafaee (even) and finish up the prayer. Then they get up and make an intention for 1 rakat witr (odd) where they usually recite Surah Ikhlas, they bow down on their Knees (go to Ruku), then they stand-up and raise their hands like in a Munajat position and then recite a long dua. Finally, they go to Sujud.

Usually when I pray witr on my own, I follow the Hanafi way. But during Ramadan or Qiyam programs at the masjid, I follow the imam (Hanafi, Shafawee, Maliki, humbly) when he leads the witr Salah. So, based on whoever leads the witr Salah, I follow him if I pray witr in a group.

**This is my opinion and...only Allah knows best!

**please ask a sheikh/imam from your local masjid regarding this!

idrinkh2O
August 23, 2011, 07:30 PM
Some Questions/Answers regarding Witr Prayer:

Question:
Some people, when they pray witr with the imaam and he says salaam, they get up and do another rak’ah, because they want to do more prayers before praying witr later in the night. What is the ruling on this action? Is it considered to be forsaking the prayer with the imaam?

Praise be to Allaah.
We do not see anything wrong with this, and the ‘ulama’ stated that there is nothing wrong with doing this, so that his witr will be at the end of the night. He will be considered to have prayed with the imaam until he finished, because he stayed with him until he finished, and added another rak’ah for a shar'i reason, which was so that he could pray witr later in the night. There is nothing wrong with this, and it does not mean that he did not stay with the imaam until he finished, but he did not finish with him – he delayed it a little longer.

From al-Jawaab al-Saheeh min Ahkaam Salaat al-Layl wa’l-Taraaweeh by Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz, p. 41.

Source: http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/3453

Question:
I am not regular Thahjud prayer. Once i pray Witar after Isha Later i want to pray Nafeel. Can I do so?

Praise be to Allaah.
There is nothing wrong with the person who prays Witr in the first part of the night or the middle of the night offering any naafil prayers he wants after Witr, even though it is mustahabb for the last of his prayer at night to be Witr. In this case he should not repeat Witr, rather the Witr that he prayed at the beginning of the night is sufficient.

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Make the last of your prayer at night Witr.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 998; Muslim, 749.

And it was narrated that that Talq ibn ‘Ali said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say, “There should not be two Witrs in one night.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 470; al-Nasaa’i, 1679; Abu Dawood, 1439. Classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 7567.

Full Source: http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/20851/

Question:
I'm a muslim woman who prays tarawehe. Mostly if I do not go for prayers, my younger brother does not go either.In the mosque where we pray from the imaam prays witr as well. I have been waking up to pray tahajud and read the Quran at night. After witr I can not pray Tahajud. What is a better option for me. To go for taraweh so my brother can go too or to stay home and pray at night? Which is more rewarding?

Praise be to Allaah.
Your going to the mosque and attending Taraweeh with the congregation and meeting your Muslim sisters are all good things, praise be to Allaah. The fact that you are helping your brother to do this as well is another good deed to be added to the others.

There is no conflict between this and your praying tahajjud at the end of the night. You can combine all these good deeds, by doing one of the two following things:

1 – Pray Witr with the imam, then when you can do tahajjud after that, prayer whatever Allaah wills for you, two by two rak’ahs, without repeating Witr, because one cannot pray two Witrs in one night.

2 – Delay Witr until the end of the night. When the imam says the salaam at the end of Witr, do not say the salaam with him, rather stand up and do an extra rak’ah, so that your Witr will then be at the end of the night.

Full Source: http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/65702/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please listen...

The Lecturer : Muhammad Syed Adly at http://www.islamhouse.com/ip/7968
and the The Night of the Power lecture at http://www.islamhouse.com/p/51032

The Lecturer : Dr. Saleh As-Saleh at http://www.islamhouse.com/ip/7785
and The Fastings and Its Rulings lecture at http://www.islamhouse.com/p/364800

Hasan2k8
August 24, 2011, 10:31 PM
Bismillah.

surah Ibrahim; 14: 40-41
رَبِّ اجْعَلْنِي مُقِيمَ الصَّلاَةِ وَمِن ذُرِّيَّتِي رَبَّنَا وَتَقَبَّلْ دُعَاء رَبَّنَا اغْفِرْ لِي وَلِوَالِدَيَّ وَلِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ يَوْمَ يَقُومُ الْحِسَابُ rabbij ja’alni muqeemus sal-laati wa min dhur-riyyati, rabbana wa taqabal du’a, rabbana-aghfirli wali wali dayya wa lil-mu’minina yawma yaqumul hisaab (O my Lord! make me one who establishes regular Prayer, and also (raise such) among my offspring O our Lord! and accept Thou my Prayer. O our Lord! cover (us) with Thy Forgiveness – me, my parents, and (all))

Ajfar
August 26, 2011, 03:37 PM
What does Alif lam Meem stand for?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

idrinkh2O
August 29, 2011, 06:02 PM
Dua to be recited when one finds Laylatul Qadr:

Aisha radhiya Allahu `anha, that she said: “O Messenger of Allah! What if I knew which night Lailatul-Qadr was, then what should I say in it?” He said.- “Say.- (Allahumma innaka ‘affuwwun tuhibbul ‘afwa fa’fu ‘annee.)

“O Allah You are The One Who pardons greatly, and loves to pardon, so pardon me.” [at-Tirmithi and Ibn Majah with a Sahih Isnad]

http://trueword.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/capture.jpg
Allahumma innaka ‘afuwwun tuhibbul ‘afwa fa’fu ‘annee

** 'annee = me
** 'anna = us

idrinkh2O
August 29, 2011, 06:17 PM
Takbir Al-Eid:

Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Laa Ilaha Illallah.
Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Walillahil Hamd.
[Repeat 3 times]

Allahu Akbar Kabeera, Wal Hamdullillahi Kaseera, Wa Subhanallahi, Wa Bihamdihi Bukhratan Wa Aseela.

Laa Ilaha Illallahu Wahdah, Sadaqa Wa'dah, Wa Nasara 'Abdah, Wa Azza Jundah, Wa Hazamal Ahzaba Wahdah.

Laa Ilaha Illallah, Walaa Na'budu Illa Iyyah, Mukhliseena Lahuddeena Walau Karihal Kaafeeruun.

Allahumma Salli 'Aala Sayyidina Muhammad, Wa'Alaa Aali Sayyidina Muhammad, Wa 'Alaa Ashaabi Sayyidina Muhammad, Wa 'Alaa Azwaaji Sayyidina Muhammad, Wa 'Alaa Zurriyyati Sayyidina Muhammad, Wa Sallim Tasleeman Kaseera.

Rabbighfirli Wali Waalidayya, Rabbir HamHumaa Kamaa Rabbayaani Sagheera.

idrinkh2O
September 1, 2011, 06:58 PM
http://greatrewards.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/seeking-forgiveness.jpg?w=400&h=450#038;h=450

idrinkh2O
September 1, 2011, 08:12 PM
Movie: The Message - The Story of Islam (1976)

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TMXQq2WsiVA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

More Info. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad,_Messenger_of_God)

idrinkh2O
September 4, 2011, 11:41 PM
10 Commandments from Al-Qur'an about Parents' Right from Holy Quran [17:23 & 17:24]:

1. You shall not serve anyone but Allah swt

2. You shall show kindness to your parents

3. In their old age, you won't even say 'Uff'

4. You would not scold them

5. You would speak Generously to them

6. You would submit to their wishes

7. You would be gentle with them

8. You would show compassion towards them

9. You would Pray for them

10. Prayer - Rabbir Ham Huma Kama Rabba Yani Saghira Al Qur'an - 17:23 & 17:24

Source: http://sweetshenu.multiply.com/notes/item/2669

BD_2015
September 8, 2011, 07:39 PM
I liked this video and I thought I should share with everyone as we are all in same boat and our purpose of life and destination is also same.

Chapter: It is from Faith to love for one’s brother what he loves for himself.

On the authority of Anas, may God be pleased with him, who narrated that the Prophet, may God’s peace and blessings be upon him, said: “None of you (truly) has faith until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.”

[Sahih Bukhari, Book of Faith, Volume 1, Book 2, #12]

باب من الإيمان أن يحب لأخيه ما يحب لنفسه
عن أنس عن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قال لا يؤمن أحدكم حتى يحب لأخيه ما يحب لنفسه

<object width="560" height="345"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U5jaSG4kixo?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U5jaSG4kixo?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="345" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

roman
September 13, 2011, 08:22 PM
Culture vs Islam.Bidah.Lecture by Yasir Qadhi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA92oxF9Bm8&list=PLDDB195756EFAE6B2&index=6

Rifat
October 18, 2011, 01:23 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RFacBMTIJis" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rifat
October 18, 2011, 01:24 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wtEmRfQCjXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

idrinkh2O
October 27, 2011, 06:25 PM
First Ten Days of Dhul-Hijjah and Hajj related info:

http://salaf-us-saalih.com/2011/10/27/advice-concerning-the-ten-days-of-dhul-hijjah/
http://salaf-us-saalih.com/2009/11/12/fasting-the-first-nine-days-of-dhul-hijjah-is-a-sunnah/
http://salaf-us-saalih.com/2009/11/17/the-virtues-of-the-first-10-days-of-dhul-hijjah/
http://www.islamhouse.com/p/253113
http://www.islamhouse.com/tp/364445

http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/hajj/

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QDPJhI3WcrI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

idrinkh2O
October 27, 2011, 06:35 PM
Fasting and Good Deed in the First Ten Days of Thul Hijja:
Source: http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/hajj/10Nights/10Nights.shtml

http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/hajj/10Nights/1.gif
http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/hajj/10Nights/89_1-13a.gif

002.015.086 (http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/sunnah/bukhari/015.sbt.html) The Two Festivals (Eids) -

Narrated Ibn Abbas:

The Prophet said, "No good deeds done on other days are superior to those done on these (first ten days of Dhul Hijja)." Then some companions of the Prophet said, "Not even Jihad?" He replied, "Not even Jihad, except that of a man who does it by putting himself and his property in danger (for Allah's sake) and does not return with any of those things."

1. Allah (swt) swears an oath by them, and swearing an oath by something is indicative of its importance and great benefit.

2. The Prophet (pbuh) testified that these are the best days of this world, and encouraged people to do righteous deeds on these days.

Among the good deeds which the Muslim should strive to do during the first ten days of Dhu’l-Hijjah are:

1. Fasting. It is Sunnah to fast on the ninth day of Dhu’l-Hijjah, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) urged us to do good deeds during this time, and fasting is one of the best of deeds.

2. Takbeer. It is Sunnah to say Takbeer ("Allahu akbar"), Tahmeed ("Al-hamdu Lillaah"), Tahleel ("La ilaha ill-Allah") and Tasbeeh ("Subhaan Allah") during the first ten days of Dhu’l-Hijjah, and to say it loudly in the mosque, the home, the street and every place where it is permitted to remember Allah and mention His name out loud, as an act of worship and as a proclamation of the greatness of Allah, may He be exalted. Men should recite these phrases out loud, and women should recite them quietly.

3. Doing more good deeds in general, because good deeds are beloved by Allah and will bring a great reward from Him. Whoever is not able to go to Hajj should occupy himself at this blessed time by worshipping Allah, praying (salaat), reading Qur’an, remembering Allah, making supplication (du’aa’), giving charity, honoring his parents, upholding the ties of kinship, enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil, and other good deeds and acts of worship.

4. Sacrifice. One of the good deeds that will bring a person closer to Allah during these ten days is offering a sacrifice, by choosing a high-quality animal and fattening it, spending money for the sake of Allah.

5. Sincere repentance. One of the most important things to do during these ten days is to repent sincerely to Allah and to give up all kinds of disobedience and sin.

Repentance means coming back to Allah and foregoing all the deeds, open and secret, that He dislikes, out of regret for what has passed, giving it up immediately and being determined never to return to it, but to adhere firmly to the Truth by doing what Allah loves.

There is much to be gained, so make the most of the opportunity afforded by these invaluable and irreplaceable ten days. Hasten to do good works, before death strikes, before one can regret one’s negligence and failure to act, before one is asked to return to a place where no prayers will be answered, before death intervenes between the hopeful one and the things he hopes for, before you are trapped with your deeds in the grave.

idrinkh2O
October 27, 2011, 07:09 PM
Hajj:

<iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MDM9cukJWKI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fMybv_beWxI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
-------------------------------------------------------------
<iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5g9e_b7AsEs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U0FD1-tZmKM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/03_tPIBuc7o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A77gWMlwoME" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NS9PXbNidmI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EareYuSXyWg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/byfEIn-jwQ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9tDTM2H45FM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/frsmH4pTjHQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QKI5fL7VpWw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_LFRQ8SOWJM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/suhNMZ1Rp3o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WfQOPKVGaL4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kXiavKilUjA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

idrinkh2O
October 27, 2011, 07:19 PM
Hajj cont.

<iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FqzCYZim6l8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vDQNSmPgPTk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Si3kyVWz9Bc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-iKmAS9scKg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V2Fz7oSoO9M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TCuTRiH-fy8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AYTEtB5rre0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OAPWTv_BF34" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JcFIZG4gv4U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gp1imD7vnAA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D2TWR_EdTxI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wbSoOT8D5ck" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aHYshyq2Brc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yPoEE8woKIk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nYL87EzirT8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6-k9Fh24Mlo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m133hrQYRZI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5nOO1n3BQXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="300" height="233" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_FdFxre-2zk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rifat
October 28, 2011, 12:34 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pnMqOJ4sGWQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rifat
October 28, 2011, 12:44 AM
What does Alif lam Meem stand for?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Only Allah knows Best...:)

idrinkh2O
November 3, 2011, 12:43 AM
Takbir Al-Eid:

Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Laa Ilaha Illallah.
Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Walillahil Hamd.
[Repeat 3 times]

Allahu Akbar Kabeera, Wal Hamdullillahi Kaseera/Kathira, Wa Subhanallahi, Wa Bihamdihi Bukhratan Wa Aseela.

Laa Ilaha Illallahu Wahdah, Sadaqa Wa'dah, Wa Nasara 'Abdah, Wa Azza Jundah, Wa Hazamal Ahzaba Wahdah.

Laa Ilaha Illallah, Walaa Na'budu Illa Iyyah, Mukhliseena Lahuddeena Walau Karihal Kaafeeruun.

Allahumma Salli 'Aala Sayyidina Muhammad, Wa'Alaa Aali Sayyidina Muhammad, Wa 'Alaa As-haabi Sayyidina Muhammad, Wa 'Alaa Azwaaji Sayyidina Muhammad, Wa 'Alaa Zurriyyati/ dhurriyyati Sayyidina Muhammad, Wa Sallim Tasleeman Kaseera/Kathira.

Rabbighfirli Wali Waalidayya, Rabbir HamHumaa Kamaa Rabbayaani Sagheera.

Meanings of the Eid Takbir

Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the Greatest, There is no diety worthy of worship except Allah.
Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the Greatest, and Praise is due to Allah.
[Repeat 3 times]

Allah is Great, Many praise is due to Allah, Praise to Allah at the beginning of the day and at the end of the day.

There is no diety worthy of worship except Allah, He fulfilled His promise, and gave Victory to His slave, He strengthened His soldiers and He alone defeated the Ahzab.

There is no diety worthy of worship except Allah, We do not worship anyone but Him, Our worship is dedicated only to Him. Even if the non-believers hate it.

We ask Allah to raise the status of (our leader) Muhammad,
And the Al (Muslim wives and relatives) of (our leader) Muhammad,
And the sahabah (Companions) of (our leader) Muhammad,
And the Ansar (The people of Madinah who supported the Prophet) of (our leader) Muhammad, And the wives of (our leader) Muhammad, And the descendents of (our leader) Muhammad, and save the (Muslim) Nation of (our leader) Muhammad.

Oh Allah, forgive me and my parents, and have mercy on them for the great efforts they exerted in raising me.

Source: http://darulfatwa.org.au/content/view/1400/299/

idrinkh2O
November 4, 2011, 04:14 PM
Youtube live streaming the Hajj from Makkah:
Subhanallah, Alhamdulillah, Allahu Akbar

<iframe width="700" height="505" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/M6mDdfFnna0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.ezsoftech.com/hajj/img/talbiyah.gif

Transliteration: Labbaik Allahumma Labbaik. Labbaik, La Shareek Laka, Labbaik. Innal Hamdah, Wan Nematah, Laka wal Mulk, La Shareek Laka Labbaik.

Translation: Here I am at Thy service O Lord, here I am. Here I am at Thy service and Thou hast no partners. Thine alone is All Praise and All Bounty, and Thine alone is The Sovereignty. Thou hast no partners, here I am.

http://www.ezsoftech.com/hajj/img/hajj1.gif

http://c00022506.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/3_97.png

In it are clear signs [such as] the standing place of Abraham. And whoever enters it shall be safe. And [due] to Allah from the people is a pilgrimage to the House - for whoever is able to find thereto a way. But whoever disbelieves - then indeed, Allah is free from need of the worlds. [Holy Quran: 3:97 (http://quran.com/3)]

idrinkh2O
November 4, 2011, 04:35 PM
It is necessary (wajib) for every Muslim (male and female, whether praying in congregation or alone) to make the following takbir (declaration of the greatness of Allah) at least 3 times immediately after each obligatory (fard) prayer.

Time:
� From: the Fajr Prayer on the 9th of Dhu'l Hijjah (the Day of `Arafah)

� To: the Asr Prayer on the 13th of Dhu'l Hijjah.

Thus, these takbirs last 5 days, and 23 prayers.

The takbirs:
Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, La ilaha illa Llahu.
Wa Llahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar wa lillahi Lhamd.

Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the Greatest, There is no diety worthy of worship except Allah.
and Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the Greatest, and Praise is due to Allah.

More Details (http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=722&CATE=115)
source (http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?40755-Takbir-from-9th-13th-Dhul-Hijjah)

idrinkh2O
November 4, 2011, 06:33 PM
Hajj: Step-by-Step Guide!

http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/hajj/stepbystep/_anyday.asp?StartWithLeft=_anyleft.asp?LeftReferen ce=1_1b.jpg&StartWithRight=1_1_right.htm&IndexBottom=indexBottom_day1.htm&IndexScrollingBottom=indexScrollingBottom_day1.htm

mufi_02
November 11, 2011, 11:08 AM
Do we have any thread for Halal/Haram items? Its very important to discuss these stuff especially for us who lives in non-muslim countries. I have lots of question and I request anyone who is knowledgeable about it to open a particular thread regarding this matter.

We all will greatly benefit, Insha Allah. Looking forward to it.

idrinkh2O
November 11, 2011, 04:04 PM
Do we have any thread for Halal/Haram items? Its very important to discuss these stuff especially for us who lives in non-muslim countries. I have lots of question and I request anyone who is knowledgeable about it to open a particular thread regarding this matter.

We all will greatly benefit, Insha Allah. Looking forward to it.

Halal-Haram Food:

Halal Food Information: http://www.muslimconsumergroup.com/

Halal Food Guide: http://www.guidedways.com/halalfoodguide.php

Into Islam: http://www.intoislam.com/islam/Islamic/Foods/

A Guide to Halal Food Selection: http://www.cookeryonline.com/Vegetarian/halal.html

List Of Halal And Haram Food Ingredients: http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64379

List of Halal Haram Food: http://www.gmwa.org.uk/foodguide2/ and http://www.islamforlife.co.uk/haram%20list.htm

mufi_02
November 14, 2011, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the links brother. I used MCC extensively before. I got the feeling that they are very strict about a lot of items. According to them, all the Dunkin Donut's Bagels and most other items are Haram. I know they might have found something in their ingredients. After using their site, it became even more hard me to find Halal foods. I now usually have to bring food from home to be safe.

All the other sites pretty much describe the basics of Islamic diet and few also includes halal/haram ingredients that are present in various items. We all know what is strictly Haram and strictly Halal. Those are clearly mentioned in the Quran and Hadith. But there are few items that fall in the middle and those are the ones that cause confusion. It's those things I am more concerned about such as slice of Pizza from regular stores, french toast/omelet from Diners, Bagels/Croissant from street cart.

Rabz
November 26, 2011, 01:19 AM
শয়তানের ইনভার্সন প্রসেস

বিসমিল্লাহির রহমানির রাহিম
সকল প্রশংসা আল্লাহ তাআলার জন্যে । আল্লাহ তাআলার রহমত রাসূল এর উপর, তার পরিবার ও সাহাবীদের উপর এবং কিয়ামত পর্যন্ত তাদেরকে যারা অনুসরণ করবে তাদের উপর অর্পিত হোক । আমীন ।
বর্তমানে সমাজে প্রায় দেখা যায় একই কাজ বিপবীতাবে মূল্যায়িত হতে শুধুমাএ cause টা ইসলামিক হওয়ার কারণে ।
যেমন ধরুন কোন ছেলে দাড়ি রাখল এবং এটার কারণ যদি হয় কোন পপুলাব মডেল অথবা Actor কে follow করার জন্য । তখন বনধুমহলে তার প্রশংসার জোয়ার বয়ে যায়। কেউ বলবে,”ও খুব stylish নতুন ফ্যাশনের ব্যাপারে সচেতন”। আবার কেউ হয়ত বলবে,”দেখ দেখ ওকে তমুক মডেলের style টা খুব মানিয়েছে”।
অথচ কেউ ইসলামের জন্য দাড়ি রাখলে তখন তাকে শুনতে হয়,”কি রে জেএমবি তে কখন join করলি?”। তার বনধুদের হয়ত বলাবলি করতে শুনা যাবে “দেখেছিস অমুক এই অল্প বয়সে দাড়ি রেখে মোল্লা হয়ে গিয়েছে। কি দরকার ছিল এত তাড়াতাড়ি দাড়িরাখার ওর অনেক সিনিয়র এখনো দাড়ি রাখেনি”।
আবার ধরুন কেউ তার বন্ধুকে বলল, “দোস্ত তোর বাসার কাছেই তো পোষ্ট অফিস আমার এই লেটারটা পোষ্ট করে দিস । ‘কাছে আসার গল্প’ প্রতিযোগীতার জন্য একটা গল্প লিখলাম” ।
তখন বন্ধুটি আগ্রহ নিয়ে বলবে, “তাই না কি! দে তাড়াতাড়ি পোষ্টকরে দিই” ।
আর যদি অনুরোধটি হত এই রকম,” “দোস্ত তোর বাসার কাছেই তো পোষ্ট অফিস আমার এই লেটার টা পোষ্ট করে দিস । ইসলামিক টিভিতে প্রশ্নোওর অনুষ্ঠানে কিছু প্রশ্ন পাঠাচ্ছি”। সেক্ষেএে বন্ধুটির মুখে কিছুটা বিরক্তভাব ফুটে উঠতে পারে এবং কিছু অজুহাত দিয়ে কাজটি এড়াতে চাইবে “দোস্ত আমি আসলে ঐদিকে তেমন একটা যায় না আর তুই মসজিদের ইমামকে জিজ্ঞেস করলে পারিস এত কষ্ট করে পাঠানোর কি দরকার। তাছাড়া তোর প্রশ্নগুলির উত্তর দেওয়া হবে এর কোন নিশ্চয়তা নেই” এরকমআরো নানা অজুহাত।
কোন আড্ডায় কথা উঠল কার gf আছে কার নেই এগুলো নিয়ে। যখন gf না থাকা কেউ যদি বলে,” এখন gf নিয়ে চিন্তা করার টাইম নাই । এখন টাকা কামানোর সময় আর টাকা থাকলে কত মেয়ে লাইন ধরবে gf হওয়ার জন্য”। তখন বেশিরভাগ বন্ধু তাকে বাহবা দিয়ে বলবে,”হ্যাঁ একদম ঠিক বলেছিস্ আগে টাকা তারপর gf আর টাকা না থাকলে gf পাত্তা দেই না। আসলেই তুই অনেক রিয়েল্স্টিক”।
আর gf না থাকা অন্য কেউ যদি বলে,” ইসলামে বিবাহপূবক Relationship হারাম। তাই আমার কোন gf নেই”। তখন অনেকে হেসে উঠতে পারে এবং বলবে,” ও রে বাবা ! তুই তো দে খি হুজুর হয়ে গেলি । এই বয়সে যদি একটু প্রেম না করিস আর কখন করবি ? gf না থাকলে তো তোর যৌবনটাই বৃথা”। তাদের ভাবখানা এমন যেন প্রেম করাই ফরয্ !

দুই বন্ধু এক সাথে কোন জায়গায় যাচ্ছে । হঠাৎ একজন বলল,” দোস্ত এই খানে wait কর আমি একটু আমার gf এর সাথে দেখা করে আসি ! তখন বন্ধুটি বলবে,”যা যা তাড়াতাড়ি দেখা করে আয় । ওকে আর কষ্ট দিস্ না”। আবার কেউ আরো আগ্রহী হয়ে বলবে,”আমি ও যাব । তোর gf এর বান্ধবীদের একটু দেখে আসলাম আর চান্স পেলে …”
কিন্তু যদি বন্ধুটি বল্ত,”চল্ নামাজটা পড়ে আসি টাইম হয়েছে”। সাথে সাথে রেডিম্যাট অজুহাত “ আমার প্যান্টটা ধোয়া নেই, আমার গোসল নেই”। নিজে নামাজে তো যাবেই না বরং নামাজ যাওয়া বন্ধুটিকে বলবে তাড়াতাড়ি আসিস যেন নামাজ খুব ঐচ্ছিক একটি বিষয় যা যেন তেন ভাবে আদায় করলে চলবে।
কোন ছেলে কম বয়সে পালিয়ে বিয়ে করে ফেলল তার প্রেমিকাকে না হারানোর জন্য তখন বনধুদের বলা বলি করতে শুনা যাবে,”ওর সাহস দেখেছিস ! প্রেমের জন্য কি করেছে একেই বলে খাঁটি প্রেম”।
অথচ যখন কোন ছেলেকে তার ফ্যামলি ঈমান ঠিক রাখার জন্য, অশ্লীলতা থেকে বাঁচার জন্য কম বয়সে বিয়ে করিয়ে দেয় তখন অনেককে বলতে শুনা যায় পিচ্ছি ছেলে একটাকে বিয়ে করিয়ে দিল। ওর এখন ফূর্তির বয়সসংসারের কি বুঝবে ।
তাহলে পালিয়ে বিয়ে করে ছেলেটি সংসার বুঝবে কি ভাবে ?
আলোচিত ঘটনাগুলি একই হলে ও এর মূল্যায়ন হয় বিপরীত ভাবে আর এর কারণ হল ইসলামিক । এখন আরেকটু গভীরভাবে চিন্তা করি এর কারণটা কেন ইসলামিক হল ? ঐ আসল কারণটা ও কিন্তু ইসলামিক :)
কিভাবে ??
হ্যাঁ কারণ আল্লাহ্ তাআলা বলে দিয়েছেন.”শয়তান তোমাদের প্রকাশ্য শত্রু” ।
আর এই শয়তানের কাজ হল হারামকে মানুষের সামনে সুন্দর ভাবে উপস্থাপন করা আর হালালের প্রতি অনীহা তৈরি করে এর থেকে দূরে সরিয়ে রাখা । শয়তানের এই ইনভার্সন প্রসেস মানুষকে ধোঁকা দিচ্ছে প্রতিনিয়ত ।
আসুন মুসলিম ভাইবোনেরা ইসলাম সঠিকভাবে পালনে একে অপরকে সহায়তা করি, আল্লাহ্ তাআলার নিকট আশ্রয় প্রার্থনা করি বিতাড়িত শয়তান থেকে। আল্লাহ্ তাআলা আমাদর সহায় হোন। আমীন।

Source : http://wapbd.org/site_608.xhtml?get-n=2

F6_Turbo
November 26, 2011, 01:34 AM
Thanks for the links brother. I used MCC extensively before. I got the feeling that they are very strict about a lot of items. According to them, all the Dunkin Donut's Bagels and most other items are Haram. I know they might have found something in their ingredients. After using their site, it became even more hard me to find Halal foods. I now usually have to bring food from home to be safe.

All the other sites pretty much describe the basics of Islamic diet and few also includes halal/haram ingredients that are present in various items. We all know what is strictly Haram and strictly Halal. Those are clearly mentioned in the Quran and Hadith. But there are few items that fall in the middle and those are the ones that cause confusion. It's those things I am more concerned about such as slice of Pizza from regular stores, french toast/omelet from Diners, Bagels/Croissant from street cart.

A slice from a pizza outlet or a corner shop is unfortunately not going to be halal. Not even if you get the veg option, and get the guy making it to put on some fresh gloves.

The pan they're making the pizza on might have residue from a previous pizza that had pepperoni, or say the cutter they use to slice the pizza will have just 30 seconds beforehand sliced through pork and God knows what else.

'Cross contamination' basically.

That's not taking into account the chicken and beef they have wouldn't be exactly halal either.

Most bagels/donuts/croissants are ok - obviously the glazed stuff is not halal

It's tough at times.

idrinkh2O
December 12, 2011, 03:49 PM
Dua's for Studying
~Bismillah Al- Rahmaan Al-Raheem~

"When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every supplicant when he calleth upon me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way." [Al-Quran: 2:186]

Dua'a Before Studying

1. Allahumma infa'nii bimaa 'allamtanii wa'allimnii maa yanfa'unii.

O Allah! Make useful for me what You have taught me and teach me knowledge that will be useful to me.

2. Allahumma inii as'aluka fahmal-nabiyyeen wa hifthal mursaleen al-muqarrabeen.

O Allah! I ask You for the understanding of the Prophets and the memory of the Messangers, and those nearest to You.

3. Allahumma ija'al leesanee aamiran bi thikrika wa qalbi bi khashyatika.

O Allah! Make my tongue full of Your rememberance, and my heart with consciousness of You.

4. Innaka 'ala ma-tashaa-u qadeer wa anta hasbun-allahu wa na'mal wakeel.

O Allah! You do whatever You wish, and You are my Availer and best of aid.

Dua'a After Studying

1. Allahumma inni astawdeeuka ma qaratu wa ma hafaz-tu. Farudahu ilaya inda haajati ilaahi. Inaka alaa ma tashaa'u qadeer wa anta hasbeeya wa na'm al wakeel.

O Allah! I entrust You with what I have read and what I have studied. (Oh Allah!) Bring it back to me when I am in need of it. (Oh Allah!) You do whatever You wish,and You are my Availer and Protector, and the best of Aid.

Dua'a While Studying Something Difficult

1. Allahumma la sahla illa ma ja'altahu sahlan wa anta taj'al al huzna itha shi'ta sahlan

O Allah! Nothing is easy except what You have made easy. If You wish, You can make the difficult easy.

Dua'a For Anxiety

1. Allahumma inni a'oodhu bika minal-hammi wal hazan. Wa a'oodu bika minal-ghammi wal kasal. Wa a'oodu bika minal jubni wal bukhl. Wa a'oodhu bika mina ghalabat al-dayni wa qahr ar-rijaal.

O Allah! I seek refuge in You from worry and grief, from helplessness and laziness, from cowardice and stinginess, and from overpowering of debt and from oppression of men.

Dua'a For Distress

1. Allahumma rahmatuka arjoo fala takilnee ilaa nafsi tarfata a'ayn wa aslih lee sha'nee kullahu, laa ilaha illa anta.

O Allah! It is Your mercy that I hope for so do not leave me in charge of my affairs even for a blink of an eye and rectify for me all of my affairs. None has the right to be worshipped except You

Dua'a For Distress and Grief

1. The Messanger of Allah (peace and blessing be upon him) said: "There is nobody who is afflicted with distress or grief and who says: "Allahumma inni a'abduka ibn a'bdika ibn amatika, naasiyati bi yadika maadin fiyya hukmuka 'adlun fiyya qadaa'uka, as'aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw a'alamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw anzaltahu fee kitabika aw asta'tharta bihi fee i'lm al ghaybi i'ndak an taja'al al Quraana rabee'a qalbi wa noora sadri wa jilaa'a huzni wa thahaaba hammi"

O Allah! I am Your slave, the son of Your slave, the son of Your maidservant, my forelock is in Your Hand, Your command over me is ever executed and Your decree over me is just. I as You by every name belonging to You, which You have named Yourself with, or which You have revealed in Your Book, or which You have taught to any of Your creation, or which You have perserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Quraan the life of my heart and the light of my chest, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety,"- but Allah will take away his distress and grief, and replace it with ease." He was asked,: O Messanger of Allah, should we not learn it?" He said, "Of course, whoever hears it should learn it."

Study Tips:

1. Do the prayers at their correct times.

2. Pray a 2 rakat nafl prior to exam

3. Say بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ (In the name of Allah, the Most Merciful, the Most Kind) - before starting the exam - and before anything that you do.

5. Recite some du'as (like the ones listed above), and keep in constant dhikrullah (i.e. the daily dhikrs when waking, dressing, eating, sleeping, etc)

6. Come home and pray 2 rakat nafl after the exam for shukr (offer thanks to Allah) for granting you the strength and persistence and ability to complete the exam and accomplish goals inshaAllah

7. Increase in your reading and listening of the Qur'an and performing more ibadah (worship) (i.e. nafilah (voluntary) prayers and deeds). Keep away from bad actions and deeds - Follow up a bad deed with a good deed, to cancel it out.

8. Revise hard!!!

Source: Facebook
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Salaamz BC-ers! Since finals are here, so I thought I would share this with you. May Allah help ease our worries and grant us success on all of our finals/projects/everything in life...ameen :up:

idrinkh2O
December 12, 2011, 04:00 PM
Back from Hajj…. back to the old routine??
Asma bint Shameem

This is a reminder for all those people who did Hajj….whether you did it this year or many years ago…
And even for those who didn’t…..YET.

SO…. you’re back from Hajj, Alhamdulillaah.
Everything went well and now you’re back. Back to the same old routine, the same old hustle bustle of life, the job, the kids…. Back to the same old you.
Huh??

Wait a second….back to the same old you? No, but that can’t be……

You can’t go back to the same old you. You promised Allaah you will change… you will improve for the better…..you will do all you can to be a better Muslim, to be a stronger believer.

Don’t you remember how you felt when you saw the Magnificent Kaaba for the first time with all its glory and splendor…..you were awed….speechless, tears silently rolling down without you even realizing. You trembled….and you promised….

Don’t you remember how you cried in Arafaat, how you beseeched Allaah, spreading out your hands in utter humility, begging Him and imploring Him to forgive you….to give you just one more chance…

And don’t you remember the strength and resolve with which you threw the pebbles at the Jamaraat, determined to give up all your bad habits, resolute to do all good…staying firm on the Straight path?

Don’t you remember the beautiful days in Mina, the peaceful night in Muzdalifa….all the Ibadaat, the Tawaafs, the duas, the tears, the Taubah???!!

Surely, you couldn’t have forgotten that??!!!

Then don’t let the pomp and glitter of this Dunya take you away from all that. Don’t let the hustle bustle of every day routine make you forget your promises and resolve.

Remember that out of six billion people Allaah invited you……yes YOU… to His Glorious House and honored YOU and blessed YOU with Hajj.
And it was only because of His Mercy that He enabled you to go. For Wallaahi, if it was not His Will, you would never be able to go.

So why not be a thankful slave of His??
Why not spend the rest of your life in His submission, surrendering to Him, obeying His commandments and staying away from His prohibitions?

So fear Allaah in all that you do and always be mindful of Him.
Don’t let the Shaytaan weaken your resolve.
Say NO to those temptations, turn down chances of all that’s Haraam.
Stay away from all your old bad habits and build on your good ones.
Be upright in your character; resist the urge to cheat, lie and backbite.
Spend in the path of Allaah and continue with the daily recitation of the Qur’aan, pondering over the meanings and use those Words of Allaah to change for the better.
And no matter what you do……do not, do not let the snooze button keep you away from Salaah.

Hold your head up high, wearing that Hijaab and Jilbaab….or sporting that beard…. proud to be a Muslim, Alhamdulillaah. Remember, it’s the mark of a believer.
Don’t let people or so called ‘friends’ talk you out of it.
And if they object, look them straight in the eye and say, “It’s the command of Allaah.”

Keep in mind that Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’ala gave you another chance….just like you asked Him. You begged for forgiveness and He forgave you and purified you just like the day you were born. So be thankful and make the most of it.
Your life from now is like a blank piece of paper, with nothing written on it. And the pen that you would use to write on it, is in your hands.
So be careful what you write.
Because….you never know…..

You might never have the chance to have your piece of paper blank again…

“Therefore, race for forgiveness from your Lord, and for a Garden as wide as heaven and earth, prepared for those who believe in Allah and His Messengers. Such is the Favor of Allah; He gives it to whom He wills. Allah is the Owner of great favor.” (al-Hadeed: 21)

Side note about Muharram:

Alhamdulillaah, now that Muharram is almost here, make the most of this sacred month and fast as much as you can.

Abu Huraira (RA) reported that Allah's Messenger (Sal Allaahu Alaiyhi wa Sallam) said: “The most excellent fast after Ramadan is Allaah's month of Muharram, and the most excellent prayer after what is prescribed is prayer during the night.” (Saheeh Muslim)

And make special efforts to fast ‘Aashoorah (the tenth of Muharram) because fasting that day will insha Allaah expiate the (minor) sins of the previous year.

The Prophet (Sal Allaahu Alaiyhi wa Sallam) said:
“…For fasting the day of ‘Aashooraa’, I hope that Allaah will accept it as expiation for the year that went before.” (Saheeh Muslim).

The Prophet (Sal Allaahu Alaiyhi wa Sallam) also encouraged us to fast the ninth of Muharram along with the tenth.

Wassalam,
Al Huda Institute, Canada
__________________________________________________ _______________
For More Info: www.alhudainstitute.ca, www.alhudapk.com, www.farhathashmi.com

idrinkh2O
March 14, 2012, 06:05 PM
Allah's Thought At All Times:

- When Starting to do Something say:
Bis-Millah

- When intending to do something say:
Insha-Allah

- When something is being praised say:
Subhaan-Allah

- When in pain and distress say:
Ya-Allah

- When expressing appreciation say:
Masha-Allah

- When thanking someone say:
Jazak-Allah

- When repenting of a sin say:
Astagh-Feerullah

- When giving in charity say:
Fee-Sabi-Lillah

- When having love for someone say:
Lihub-Bill

- When having doubt about faith say:
Aman-to-Billah

- When parting from someone say:
Fee-Amanillah

- When unpleasantness appears say:
A'audhu-Billah

- When pleasantness appears say:
Fata-Barak-Allah

- When someone sneezes say:
Yar-Hamak-Allah

- When thanking Allah say:
Ashukar-Allah

-When being threatened or offended say:
Hasbi-Allah (Hasbiyallah)

idrinkh2O
March 15, 2012, 04:15 PM
[বাংলা]বাংলায় প্রথম কোরআন শরিফ (http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2012-03-16/news/232873)
আখতার হুসেন | তারিখ: ১৬-০৩-২০১২

http://http.cdnlayer.com/prothomalo1998/resize/maxDim/340x340/img/uploads/media/2012/03/15/2012-03-15-15-24-17-4f6209a1f1d39-untitled-4.jpg
অনূদিত কোরআন শরিফ

http://http.cdnlayer.com/prothomalo1998/resize/maxDim/340x340/img/uploads/media/2012/03/15/2012-03-15-15-24-59-4f6209cb1616c-untitled-5.jpg
ভাই গিরিশচন্দ্র অনূদিত কোরআন শরিফ-এর চতুর্থ সংস্করণ

http://http.cdnlayer.com/prothomalo1998/resize/maxDim/340x340/img/uploads/media/2012/03/15/2012-03-15-15-25-24-4f6209e4ccedf-untitled-6.jpg
গিরিশচন্দ্র সেন

http://http.cdnlayer.com/prothomalo1998/resize/maxDim/340x340/img/uploads/media/2012/03/15/2012-03-15-15-25-41-4f6209f5e9075-untitled-7.jpg
মাওলানা আকরম খাঁ

http://http.cdnlayer.com/prothomalo1998/resize/maxDim/340x340/img/uploads/media/2012/03/15/2012-03-15-15-26-03-4f620a0b64f25-untitled-8.jpg
কেশবচন্দ্র সেন

বিশ্বের মুসলমান সম্প্রদায়ের পবিত্র ধর্মগ্রন্থ কোরআন শরিফ-এর বাংলায় প্রথম অনুবাদের সোয়া শ বছর পেরিয়ে গেছে আজ থেকে এক বছর আগে। একেবারে নীরবে। কাউকে কিছু জানান না দিয়ে। অথচ গিরিশচন্দ্র সেন (১৮৩৫-১৯১০) ছয় বছর দীর্ঘ (১৮৮১-১৮৮৬) কঠোর ও একাগ্র শ্রমে যখন কোরআন শরিফ-এর অনুবাদের কাজ শেষ করেছিলেন, তখন সেটা গোটা বাংলা ভাষাভাষী সমাজে একটা চাঞ্চল্য সৃষ্টিকারী ঘটনা হয়ে উঠেছিল। ঐতিহাসিক ঘটনা তো বটেই। কোরআন শরিফ-এর সঠিক অনুবাদ সেই প্রথম। অমন পরিশ্রমসাধ্য কাজের দৃষ্টান্ত সত্যিই এক বিরল ঘটনা। অবশ্য মাওলানা মহিউদ্দিন খান নামের একজন বিশিষ্ট আলেম পবিত্র কোরআন শরিফ-এর প্রথম বাংলা অনুবাদ করেছিলেন বলে যে দাবি করা হয়, তার অনুকূলে তেমন জোরালো কোনো সমর্থন বা তথ্য পাওয়া যায় না। যদি যেত, তাহলে ১৯৩৬ সালে মওলানা মোহাম্মদ আকরম খাঁ (১৮৬৮-১৯৬৮) কেন এ কথা বলতে যাবেন, ‘তিন কোটি মোছলমানের মাতৃভাষা যে বাংলা তাহাতে কোরআনের অনুবাদ প্রকাশের কল্পনা ১৮৭৬ খ্রি. পর্যন্ত এ দেশের কোনো মনীষীর দৃষ্টি আকর্ষণ করিতে পারে নাই। তখন আরবি-পারসি ভাষায় সুপণ্ডিত মোছলমানের অভাব ছিল না।...কিন্তু এদিকে মনোযোগ দেওয়ার সুযোগ তাঁহাদের একজনেরও ঘটিয়া উঠে নাই। এই গুরুদায়িত্বভার বহন করিবার জন্য সুদৃঢ় সংকল্প নিয়া, সর্বপ্রথমে প্রস্তুত হইলেন বাংলার একজন হিন্দু সন্তান, ভাই গিরিশচন্দ্র সেন—বিধান-আচার্য কেশবচন্দ্রের নির্দেশ অনুসারে।’ এই ঘটনার উল্লেখ শেষে মাওলানা আকরম খাঁর মন্তব্য, ‘গিরিশচন্দ্রের এই অসাধারণ সাধনা ও অনুপম সিদ্ধিকে জগতের অষ্টম আশ্চর্য বলিয়া উল্লেখ করা যাইতে পারে।’

গিরিশচন্দ্রের জন্ম তখনকার ঢাকা জেলা, বর্তমান নারায়ণগঞ্জ জেলার মহেশ্বরদি পরগনার পাঁচদোনা গ্রামে। নবাব আলিবর্দী খাঁর দেওয়ান দর্পনারায়ণ রায়ের বংশে তাঁর জন্ম। ফারসি ভাষা চর্চার জন্য এই বংশের সুনাম ছিল। পাঁচ বছর বয়সেই তাঁর হাতেখড়ি হয়েছিল। সাত বছর বয়সেই ফারসি ভাষা শিক্ষা আরম্ভ করেন। ইংরেজি শিক্ষার ব্যাপারে তাঁর অনীহা ছিল। ফলে ১৩-১৪ বছর বয়সে তাঁকে মুন্সি কৃষ্ণচন্দ্র রায়ের কাছে ফারসি শিক্ষার ব্যবস্থা করা হয়। ১৮-১৯ বছর বয়সে তাঁকে তাঁর এক ভাই ময়মনসিংহে নিয়ে যান এবং ফারসি সাহিত্যে যাতে বুৎপত্তি লাভ করতে পারেন, সে জন্য একজন ভালো মওলানার হাতে তাঁকে তিনি তুলে দেন। সংসদ চরিতাভিধান-এর মতে, এরপর তিনি ময়মনসিংহ ডেপুটি ম্যাজিস্ট্রেটের কাছারিতে নকলনবিশের কাজ করতেন। কিন্তু সে কাজ তাঁর ভালো লাগত না। ১৮৭১ খ্রিষ্টাব্দে তিনি কেশবচন্দ্র সেন ও বিজয়কৃষ্ণের প্রভাবে ব্রাহ্মধর্মে দীক্ষা নেন এবং গ্রহণ করেন এই ধর্মের প্রচারকের ব্রত। সর্বধর্মসমন্বয়ে উৎসাহী ভাই গিরিশচন্দ্র কেশবচন্দ্রের আদেশে ইসলাম ধর্ম অনুশীলনে গভীরভাবে মনোনিবেশ করেন। আরবি ভাষা ও ইসলাম ধর্মশাস্ত্র অধ্যয়নের জন্য ১৮৭৬ খ্রিষ্টাব্দে তিনি লক্ষ্নৌ যান। এ সম্পর্কে তিনি তাঁর আত্মজীবনী আত্ম-জীবন-এ লেখেন, ‘মোসলমান জাতির মূল ধর্মশাস্ত্র কোরআন শরীফ পাঠ করিয়া এসলাম ধর্মের গূঢ়তত্ত্ব অবগত হইবার জন্য আমি ১৮৭৬ খৃঃ লক্ষ্নৌ নগরে আরব্যভাষা চর্চা করিতে গিয়াছিলাম।’ তখন তাঁর বয়স ছিল ৪২ বছর। তাঁর শিক্ষক ছিলেন ‘সুবিজ্ঞ’ বৃদ্ধ মৌলবি এহসান আলী। ‘আরব্য ব্যাকরণ এবং পারস্য দেওয়ান হাফেজের’ চর্চা করতেন তাঁর কাছে। মৌলবি এহসান আলী সাহেব গিরিশচন্দ্রকে অত্যন্ত ভালোবাসতেন। এরপর লক্ষ্নৌ থেকে আরবি ব্যাকরণের চর্চা শেষে কলকাতায় ফিরে আসেন। সেখানেও তিনি একজন মৌলবির কাছে আরবির পাঠ নিতেন নিয়মিত। পরে ঢাকায় এসে মৌলবি আলিমুদ্দিন সাহেবের কাছ থেকে আরবের ইতিহাস ও সাহিত্যের পাঠ নেন। এ সময়ই গিরিশচন্দ্রের কোরআন শরিফ পাঠের আকাঙ্ক্ষার প্রকাশ ঘটে। কিন্তু অন্য ধর্মে বিশ্বাসী বলে এই পবিত্র ধর্মগ্রন্থ তাঁর পক্ষে সরাসরি সংগ্রহ করা সম্ভব ছিল না। ফলে তিনি ‘ঢাকা নগরস্থ সমবিশ্বাসী বন্ধু’ মিঞা জালালউদ্দিনের মাধ্যমে একখানা কোরআন সংগ্রহ করতে সক্ষম হন। তাঁর আত্ম-জীবন-এ তিনি এ সম্পর্কে লিখেছেন, ‘এরপর আমি তফসির ও অনুবাদের সাহায্যে পড়িতে আরম্ভ করি। যখন আমি তফসিরাদির সাহায্যে আয়াত সকলের প্রকৃত অর্থ কিছু কিছু বুঝিতে পারিলাম, তখন তাহা অনুবাদ করিতে প্রবৃত্ত হইলাম।’

কোরআন শরিফ-এর বাংলায় অনুবাদের কাজটা মূলত শুরু হয় ১৮৮১ সালের শেষভাগ থেকে। গিরিশচন্দ্র তখন ময়মনসিংহ শহরে বসবাস করতেন। অল্প অল্প করে অনুবাদ করে তা খণ্ডে খণ্ডে প্রকাশ করতে থাকেন। আত্ম-জীবন-এ এর বিবরণ দিয়ে তিনি আরও জানাচ্ছেন, ‘শেরপুরস্থ চারুযন্ত্রে প্রথম খণ্ড মুদ্রিত হয়, পরে কলকাতায় আসিয়া খণ্ডশঃ আকারে প্রতিমাসে বিধানযন্ত্রে মুদ্রিত করা যায়। প্রায় দুই বছরে কোরআন সম্পূর্ণ অনুবাদিত ও মুদ্রিত হয়। পরিশেষে সমুদয় এক খণ্ডে বাঁধিয়া লওয়া যায়। প্রথমবারে সহস্র পুস্তক মুদ্রিত হইয়াছিল, তাহা নিঃশেষিত হইলে পরে ১৮৯৮ সালে কলকাতা দেবযন্ত্রে তাহার দ্বিতীয় সংস্করণ হয়। দ্বিতীয়বারের সহস্র পুস্তকও নিঃশেষিত প্রায়। এখন (১৯০৬ খ্রি.) সংশোধিত আকারে তাহার তৃতীয় সংস্করণের উদ্যোগ হইতেছে।’

অবশ্য একজন ভিন্ন ধর্মমতের ব্যক্তিপুরুষ পবিত্র কোরআন শরিফ অনুবাদ করায় তখনকার মুসলমান সমাজের একটি ক্ষুদ্র অংশ যে ক্ষুব্ধ ও ক্রোধান্বিত হয়নি, তা নয়। হয়েছিল। কেশবচন্দ্র তাদের সেই ক্রোধের বহিঃপ্রকাশে দুঃখ পেয়েছিলেন এবং মুসলমান সমাজের প্রতি তাঁর সর্বধর্মসমন্বয়বা ের মন্ত্র ও আদর্শের পক্ষে সুদৃঢ় অভিমত তুলে ধরেছিলেন। বাংলায় পবিত্র কোরআন শরিফ-এর অনুবাদের ঘটনায় তিনি অপরিসীম আনন্দ পেয়েছিলেন।

তবে শিক্ষিত ও উদার স্বাধীনচেতা মুসলমানদের বৃহত্তর অংশ গিরিশচন্দ্র সেনের বাংলা অনুবাদে পবিত্র কোরআন শরিফ পেয়ে যে প্রতিক্রিয়া প্রকাশ করেছিল, এক অর্থে তা অভাবিত ও অভূতপূর্ব। তখনকার কলকাতা মাদ্রাসার ভূতপূর্ব আরবি শিক্ষক আহমদউল্লা এবং আরও কিছু আলেম-উলেমা অনুবাদকের উদ্দেশে ইংরেজিতে যে চিঠি লিখেছিলেন, বাংলায় তার কিছু অংশ উদ্ধৃত করা হলো। তাঁরা বলেছিলেন, ‘আমরা বিশ্বাসে ও জাতিতে মোসলমান। আপনি নিঃস্বার্থভাবে জনহিত সাধনের জন্য যে এতাদৃশ চেষ্টা ও কষ্টসহকারে আমাদিগের পবিত্র ধর্মগ্রন্থ কোরআনের গভীর অর্থ প্রচারে সাধারণের উপকার সাধনে নিযুক্ত হইয়াছেন, এজন্য আমাদিগের অত্যুত্তম ও আন্তরিক বহু কৃতজ্ঞতা আপনার প্রতি দেয়।

‘কোরআনের উপরিউক্ত অংশের অনুবাদ এতদূর উৎকৃষ্ট ও বিস্ময়কর হইয়াছে যে, আমাদিগের ইচ্ছা, অনুবাদক সাধারণসমীপে স্বীয় নাম প্রকাশ করেন। যখন তিনি লোকমণ্ডলীর এতাদৃশ উৎকৃষ্ট সেবা করিতে সক্ষম হইলেন, তখন সেই সকল লোকের নিকটে আত্মপরিচয় দিয়া তাহার উপযুক্ত সম্ভ্রমলাভ করা উচিত।’

উল্লেখ করা যেতে পারে, পবিত্র কোরআন শরিফ ভাই গিরিশচন্দ্র অনুবাদ করেছিলেন নিজের নামস্বাক্ষরহীনভা ে। যখন তিনি তাঁর কাজের স্বীকৃতি পেলেন, প্রশংসা পেলেন এবং সেটা স্বয়ং মুসলমান সমাজের কাছ থেকে, তখন তিনি স্বনামে তা প্রকাশ করলেন। এবং এ সম্পর্কে নিজের প্রতিক্রিয়া ব্যক্ত করতে গিয়ে ‘অনুবাদকের বক্তব্যে’ বললেন, ‘আজ কোরআনের অনুবাদ সমাপ্ত দেখিয়া আমার মনে যুগপৎ হর্ষ-বিষাদ উপস্থিত। হর্ষ এই যে, এতকালের পরিশ্রম সার্থক হইল। বিষাদ এই যে, ইহার প্রথমাংশ শ্রীমদাচার্য কেশবচন্দ্র সেনের করকমলে অর্পণ করিয়াছিলাম; তিনি তাহা পাইয়া পরমাহ্লাদিত হইয়াছিলেন ও তাহার সমাপ্তি প্রতীক্ষা করিতেছিলেন; শেষাংশ আর তাহার চক্ষুর গোচর করিতে পারিলাম না। ঈশ্বর তাহাকে আমাদের চক্ষুর অগোচর করিলেন। তিনি এই অনুবাদের এরূপ পক্ষপাতী ছিলেন যে, তাহার নিন্দা কেহ করিলে সহ্য করিতে পারিতেন না। আজ অনুবাদ সমাপ্ত দেখিলে তাহার কত না আহ্লাদ হইত, দাসও তাহার কত আশীর্বাদ লাভ করিত।’

এর পর থেকে তিনি মুসলমান ধর্ম বিষয়ে তাঁর অধ্যয়ন ও অনুবাদের পরিধি ক্রমাগত বাড়িয়ে চললেন। মৃত্যুর আগ পর্যন্ত তিনি আরবি ও ফারসি থেকে হাদিসসহ মহানবী হজরত মুহাম্মদ (সা.), খলিফাবৃন্দ, মুসলমান মনীষীবর্গের জীবনীসহ অন্য বহু বিষয়ে মোট ৪২টি গ্রন্থ বাংলায় রচনা ও প্রকাশ করেন।

এর পর থেকে বাংলার মুসলমান সমাজে যাতে গিরিশচন্দ্রের বাংলায় অনূদিত কোরআন শরিফ বহুল পরিমাণে বিক্রি, প্রচার ও আদৃত হয়, তার জন্যও চেষ্টা করেছিলেন তাঁর অনেক মুসলমান বন্ধু ও শুভানুধ্যায়ী। বাংলা ১২৮৮ সনের ৬ ফাল্গুন আবুয়ল্ মজফ্র আবদুল্লাহ নামের একজন ধর্মপ্রাণ ব্যক্তি পত্র মারফত অনুবাদককে জানান, ‘মহাশয়ের বাংলা ভাষায় অনুবাদিত কোরআন শরিফ দুই খণ্ড উপহার প্রাপ্ত হইয়া অতি আহ্লাদের সহিত পাঠ করিলাম। এই অনুবাদ আমার বিচেনায় অতি উত্তম ও শুদ্ধরূপে টীকাসহ হইয়াছে। আপনি তফসীর হোসেনী ও শাহ আবদুল কাদেরের তফসীর অবলম্বন করিয়া যে সমস্ত টীকা লিখিয়াছেন এজনের ক্ষুদ্র বিদ্যাবুদ্ধিতে পর্যন্ত বুঝিতে পারিয়াছি, তাহাতে বোধ করি যে, এ পর্যন্ত কোরআন শরীফের অবিকল অনুবাদ অন্য কোনোও ভাষাতেই করা হয় নাই, এবং আমি মনের আহ্লাদের সহিত ব্যক্ত করিতেছি যে, আপনি যে ধর্ম্ম উদ্দেশ্যে যার পর নাই পরিশ্রম স্বীকার করিয়া এই অনুবাদ করিয়াছেন, ইহার ফল ঈশ্বর আপনাকে ইহ ও পরকালে প্রদান করুন।’

এবং ১৯৩৬ সালে যখন ভাই গিরিশচন্দ্রের কোরআন শরিফ-এর চতুর্থ সংস্করণ কলকাতা থেকে বের হচ্ছে, তার ভূমিকায় মাওলানা মোহাম্মদ আকরম খাঁ অকপটে লিখেছেন, ‘...তখন আরবি-পারসি ভাষায় সুপণ্ডিত মোছলমানের অভাব বাংলাদেশে ছিল না। তাঁহাদের মধ্যকার কাহারও কাহারও যে বাংলা সাহিত্যের উপরও যথেষ্ট অধিকার ছিল তাঁহাদের রচিত বা অনুবাদিত বিভিন্ন পুস্তক হইতে তাহার অনেক প্রমাণ পাওয়া যায়। কিন্তু এদিকে মনোযোগ দেওয়ার সুযোগ তাহাদের একজনেরও ঘটিয়া উঠে নাই।’ পরিশেষে অনূদিত এই কোরআন শরিফ সম্পর্কে তাঁর সেই অবিস্মরণীয় মন্তব্য, ‘গিরিশচন্দ্রের এই অসাধারণ সাধনা ও অনুপম সিদ্ধিকে জগতের অষ্টম আশ্চর্য বলিয়া উল্লেখ করা যাইতে পারে।’
মহীয়সী বেগম রোকেয়া সাখাওয়াত হোসেনও (১৮৮০-১৯৩২) যারপরনাই খুশি হন বাংলায় পবিত্র কোরআন শরিফ-এর অনুবাদে। গিরিশচন্দ্রকে তিনি ‘মোসলমান ব্রাহ্ম’ বলে উল্লেখ করেছেন নিঃসংকোচে। গিরিশচন্দ্র তাঁর আত্মজীবনীতে তাঁদের দুজনের সম্পর্ক বিষয়ে লিখতে গিয়ে বলেছেন, ‘তাঁহার (রোকেয়ার) সঙ্গে আমার মাতৃপুত্র সম্বন্ধ স্থাপিত। সেই মনস্বিনী মহিলা উক্ত ঘনিষ্ঠতার পরিচয় নিজেই প্রদান করিয়া থাকেন। তিনি আমাকে পত্রাদি লিখিতে পত্রে নিজের নাম না লিখিয়া নামের পরিবর্তে “মা”, “আপনার স্নেহের মা” বলিয়া স্বাক্ষর করিয়া থাকেন।’

বাংলায় প্রথম কোরআন শরিফ এবং মুসলমান মনীষী ও তাঁদের অন্যান্য সাহিত্যকর্ম অনুবাদের কল্যাণে তিনি বাংলার মুসলমান সমাজে এতদূর জনপ্রিয় হয়ে উঠেছিলেন যে, তাঁকে ‘মৌলবি’ ও ‘ভাই’ গিরিশচন্দ্র অভিধায় অভিহিত করা হতো। সে সময়কার মুসলমান সমাজের পত্রপত্রিকা ও সাময়িকীতে তাঁর জীবনীও ছাপা হয়েছে সবিস্তারে। এমন কী তাঁর মৃত্যুর পর শবানুগমন করেছিলেন ব্রাহ্ম ও মুসলমান সমাজের লোকজন সমভাবে।

গিরিশচন্দ্র সেনকে আমরা ‘মৌলবি’ কিংবা ‘ভাই’, যে বিশেষণেই বিশেষায়িত করি না কেন, বাংলার ধর্মীয়, সামাজিক ও সাংস্কৃতিক ইতিহাসে হিন্দু ও মুসলমান—এই দুই বৃহৎ ধর্মসম্প্রদায়ের মধ্যে সমন্বয়গত সেতুবন্ধনে যে সবিশেষ ভূমিকা রেখেছিল তাঁর বাংলায় অনূদিত পবিত্র কোরআন শরিফ, তাতে কোনো সন্দেহ নেই। তবে দুঃখজনক হলেও সত্যি যে, কোরআন শরিফ-এর সেই অনুবাদ-কর্মের কাল সোয়া শ বছর পেরিয়ে গেছে খুবই নীরবে। কেউ কিছু লেখেননি। আমরা কি জাতি হিসেবে এতই কৃপণ, অনুদার এতটাই![/বাংলা]

BD_2015
April 27, 2012, 08:58 AM
I raised a questions in another thread and thread was gratefully deleted by admin but I do feel I need to clarify the questions from unnecessary concern and miss understanding of Muslims. This questions needs to answer as soon as possible otherwise I will feel guilty to myself.Question was to koranist : Are five times Salat mentioned in Holy Quran by Allah (SWT) and prove it without explanations of Mufassirin Sahaba radiallahu anhum and Mustahids and Ahadiths of prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) ? Book of hadith are full regarding five time Salaat as compulsory mentioned by prophet sallallahu alahi wasallam.

Are the five daily prayers mentioned in the Qur’aan?

Praise be to Allaah.

In the Tafseer of this aayah, it is reported that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The five daily prayers are (mentioned) in the Qur’aan.” He was asked, “Where?” He said, “Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): ‘So glorify Allaah when you come up to the evening’ is maghrib and ‘isha’; ‘and when you enter the morning’ is fajr; ‘in the afternoon’ is ‘asr; and ‘the time when the day begins to decline’ is zuhr.” Other mufassireen, such as al-Dahhaak and Sa’eed ibn Jubayr said the same thing.

Some of the mufassireen said that these aayat mention only four of the prayers; ‘isha’ is not mentioned here, but it is mentioned in Soorat Hood, where Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “… and in some hours of the night…” [Hood 11:114]

Most of the mufassireen are of the first opinion. Al-Nahhaas (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “The scholars of Tafseer say that the aayah (interpretation of the meaning): ‘So glorify Allaah when you come up to the evening and when you enter the morning…’ [al-Room 30:17] refers to the prayers.”

Imaam al-Jassaas (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): ‘… The prayer is enjoined on the believers at fixed times [mawqootan].’ [al-Nisa’ 4:103]. It was reported that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood said: ‘[Mawqootan means that] Salaah has an appointed time just as Hajj does.
It was reported that Ibn ‘Abbaas, Mujaahid and ‘Atiyyah said [that mawqootan means] ‘It is obligatory’… The word ‘mawqootan’ means that it is obligatory at certain times. The times are referred to in general terms in this aayah and are explained elsewhere in the Book, without defining precisely when those times start and end – that was explained in detail by the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).
What Allaah mentioned about the times of the prayers in His Book is (interpretation of the meaning): “Perform al-Salaah from mid-day till the darkness of the night and recite the Qur’aan in the early dawn…” [al-Isra’ 17:78]. Mujaahid reported from Ibn ‘Abbaas: “’Mid-day’ means when the sun has passed its zenith for salaat al-zuhr, and ‘the darkness of the night’ means the beginning of the night, for salaat al-maghrib.”

It was also reported from Ibn ‘Umar that mid-day meant the zenith… Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And perform al-salaah at the two ends of the day and in some parts of the night” [Hood 11:114]. ‘Amr reported from al-Hasan that ‘the two ends of the day’ means fajr at the first end and zuhr and ‘asr at the other; ‘some parts of the night’ means maghrib and ‘isha’. So according to this opinion the aayah refers to all five prayers…. Layth reported from al-Hakam from Abu ‘Ayyaad that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: “This aayah mentions all five prayers together. ‘So glorify Allaah when you come up to the evening’ refers to maghrib and ‘isha’, ‘and when you enter the morning’ refers to fajr, ‘in the afternoon’ is ‘asr; and ‘the time when the day begins to decline’ is zuhr.” Something similar was also reported from al-Hasan.

Abu Razeen reported from Ibn ‘Abbaas: “ ‘…and glorify the praises of your Lord before the rising of the sun and before (its) setting’ [Qaaf 50:39 – interpretation of the meaning] refers to the prescribed prayers. ‘… and glorify the praises of your Lord before the rising of the sun, and before its setting, and during some of the hours of the night, and at the sides of the day, that you may become pleased with the reward which Allaah shall give you.’ [Ta-Ha 20:130 – interpretation of the meaning] This aayah also includes the times of the prayers. All of these aayaat mention the times of the prayers.”

Ahkaam al-Qur’aan by al-Jassaas, Baab Mawaaqeet al-Salaah.

What you should also know is that the Qur’aan does not contain details of all the rules. The Qur’aan mentions many rules, but it also tells us that the Sunnah is a source of evidence in which many rules are mentioned in detail that are not mentioned in the Qur’aan. Allaah says (interpretation of the meanings):

“… and We have also sent down to you (O Muhammad) the reminder and the advice (the Qur’aan), that you may explain clearly to men what is sent down to them and that they may give thought.” [al-Nahl 16:44]

“… and whatsoever the Messenger gives you, take it…” [al-Hashr 59:7]

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I have been given the Qur’aan and something like it with it…” (Reported by Imaam Ahmad, 16546; this is a saheeh hadeeth). Whether the rules were narrated in the Qur’aan or in the Sunnah, all of it is true and right, and all of it has one source, which is the wahy or revelation from the Lord of the Worlds.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/1092

BANFAN
April 27, 2012, 09:20 AM
"Shall I seek other than God as a source of law, when He has revealed to you this book fully detailed?" 6:114

"We did not leave anything out of this book" 6:38

"We have revealed to you this book to provide explanations for everything" 16:89

"We have cited in the Quran every kind of example, but the human being is the most argumentative creature" 18:54

There are many such verses in Quran about Quran being in details, complete, needs no explanation, only source of law etc etc terms... . Forget sahabas, even prophet wasn't authorized to make any new laws apart from Quran, that's according to Quran. None can write a book more clearly and easily understandable than Allah. So You can read the book yourself. It's better to start from the root (Quran) than to verify teachings of others groups against the Quran.

In fact there are as many Hadith books and it's explanations to fill up a football ground, neither you can read all, nor you can verify all...hence all the misconceptions and dependence on Mullahs. Which

Just remember, When Allah gives a law in Quran, that's applicable for All human: male, female, able, disable, black, white, brown, rich, poor, of all ages, of all geographical locations, of all times, for all people with low and high IQ, to be able to read and follow. So try to get the meanngs in that context.

Quran only Mentions about three compulsory prayers, Morning, Noon and Evening...I find that absolutely logical fom the creator.

Sorry I wrote a long post in that deleted thread, can't re-write that.