PDA

View Full Version : Javed Akhtar on Pakistan & 2 nation theory'

Neel Here
June 2, 2011, 09:04 AM
noted poet and lyricist Javed Akhtar is interviewed by pakistan's dawn news.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IN-D-_-Z98U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jMets71aQgg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Zunaid
June 2, 2011, 09:13 PM
Who is Javed Akhtar and why should Bangladeshis care?

Zeeshan
June 2, 2011, 09:22 PM
Who is Javed Akhtar and why should Bangladeshis care?

Stole words from my mouth. I know forum doesn't prohibit from opening unnecessary threads so I didn't say anything; besides mea culpa for opening 'ajaira threads' but....

Why the hell should we even bother to click on pointless youtube videos if no synopsis is given. It doesn't take much to slap in some embedded codes of a third party but for others to view it one would do well to explain the content in blurb. Or else no one would waste their time.

Or else they are just random posts like spam. @Neel: I am not venting at you specifically but speaking in general.

Zunaid
June 2, 2011, 09:28 PM
Stole words from my mouth. I know forum doesn't prohibit from opening unnecessary threads so I didn't say anything; besides mea culpa for opening 'ajaira threads' but....

Why the hell should we even bother to click on pointless youtube videos if no synopsis is given. It doesn't take much to slap in some embedded codes of a third party but for others to view it one would do well to explain the content in blurb. Or else no one would waste their time.

Or else they are just random posts like spam. @Neel: I am not venting at you specifically but speaking in general.

I pretty much said the same thing on the other thread (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?p=1346347#post1346347)about random videos.

Neel Here
June 2, 2011, 09:41 PM
since when has bangali become so self-centered ? I thought we were interested in everything in the world but ourselves ?! :D
why are there threads on say, israel, a country that BD does not even have diplomatic relations with and forbids its citizens to travel there ?

javed akhtar, as I said in the OP, is a noted lyricist and a urdu poet of some repute. he is married to bollywood actress shabana azmi and is father of actor and director farhan akhtar.

the depth of his perception explains much of what pakistan has done through its history (and having been a part of that country for a quarter century, I believe Bangladeshis have every reason to hear him speak) and is doing now. listen to it first, it's only 15 minutes long. and then make all these comments about ajaira or not. and it's not possible to condense an already condense discourse and still make sense out of it.

ZM, expanding your logic why should you be interested in history at all ? if that's your belief that we have nothing to learn from our past and what continues into our present then I withdraw my case. don't watch.

RazabQ
June 3, 2011, 01:51 PM
Neel,
I think that the twin Z's reaction has more to do with not being impressed at poets and lyricists as pontificators on matters more scholarly :) I'm with them on that front ... I'll watch the videos since you vouch they are interesting and you have built up some street cred :)

RazabQ
June 3, 2011, 02:08 PM
Meh ...

Neel Here
June 3, 2011, 08:24 PM
meh, really ?
why do I get the feeling you haven't watched it all ? ;)

why is human behaviour considered more scholarly than what a poet (and noted intellectual) can handle ? I would think he is much more qualified and perceptive to tackle this issue than someone whose sole claim to qualification is a degree in international relations. not to mention he has been one of the leading lights of India's liberal intellectuals, a social and political activist par excellence and considered one of the most influential persons in India.

robi thakur's pen led the movement against bongo-bhingo in 1905, would you say he was pontificating on matters more scholarly ? :D

p.s. meh or not I would still want to hear your views on what he says. note that this is from a few years back.