PDA

View Full Version : Your Food Review

Zeeshan
June 8, 2011, 04:34 PM
Denny's Caramel Apple Crisp invariably reminds one of Kubla Khan's Xanadu where a " stately pleasure-dome decree" and "where Alph, the sacred river, ran" and just like "Through caverns measureless to man" it takes you down to vicissitudes of Katy Perry's Hot N Cold//Doctor we have a case of bipolar through a sidereal mingling "Down to a sunless sea".

First, the Hispanic waiter at Anaheim store smiles - what a doll- and invariably so because there used to be a dollstore at the corner of Harbor et Orangewood Avenue. As she sits me I get distracted by some 'simpleton' breakfast meals with sausages and eggs and annoyed that it may interfere with the burning desire to get laid with spoon and spork.

After what seemed like infinity, when the food arrived all my misconceptions about appetite getting killed due to not getting the fix on time. It hit the every spot as I took the spoon and started nibbling away. I had no choice but to surrender like a dirty p-* would and soon I reached the climax where the apple crisp felt like gold fillings in my tooth.

As the sour taste of apples or was it peach- I was so punchdrunk that I can even ascertain it- started to surface I realized I have reached the denouement. Gladly paid 3.80 with the rest of the change from $5 as gracious tips and left the premise... alone... a solitary Casanova in pursuit of more unfilled love and 'ultimate dessert' around neighborhood.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2056/2086592435_6315275359.jpg

goru
June 8, 2011, 06:24 PM
Retitle thread: This Is Why You're Fat

Alien
June 8, 2011, 10:22 PM
Speaking of fatness, anyone tried the Heart Attack Grill in US?

Zunaid
June 8, 2011, 10:31 PM
Zee - you know I like you man but still ...

I will give your review a two thumbs :down: for an overabundance of metaphors and similes that is like a fusion of two different cuisines that MUST be kept separate. It's like Bearnaise Sauce with a dash of cumin and star anise seeds.

Secondly, Denny's isn't fit to be reviewed. You only go to Denny's at 4 am because you have been kicked out of all the parties, you are hungry, you are broke and Denny's is the only place open where you can get a $2 meal.

Electrequiem
June 8, 2011, 11:50 PM
Denny's Caramel Apple Crisp invariably reminds one of Kubla Khan's Xanadu where a " stately pleasure-dome decree" and "where Alph, the sacred river, ran" and just like "Through caverns measureless to man" it takes you down to vicissitudes of Katy Perry's Hot N Cold//Doctor we have a case of bipolar through a sidereal mingling "Down to a sunless sea".

First, the Hispanic waiter at Anaheim store smiles - what a doll- and invariably so because there used to be a dollstore at the corner of Harbor et Orangewood Avenue. As she sits me I get distracted by some 'simpleton' breakfast meals with sausages and eggs and annoyed that it may interfere with the burning desire to get laid with spoon and spork.

After what seemed like infinity, when the food arrived all my misconceptions about appetite getting killed due to not getting the fix on time. It hit the every spot as I took the spoon and started nibbling away. I had no choice but to surrender like a dirty p-* would and soon I reached the climax where the apple crisp felt like gold fillings in my tooth.

As the sour taste of apples or was it peach- I was so punchdrunk that I can even ascertain it- started to surface I realized I have reached the denouement. Gladly paid 3.80 with the rest of the change from $5 as gracious tips and left the premise... alone... a solitary Casanova in pursuit of more unfilled love and 'ultimate dessert' around neighborhood.

Yo, great review man!

...how does it taste, though?

Zeeshan
June 9, 2011, 01:38 AM
So I went to a Korean restaurant, Hashigo, in Costa Mesa @ bikel bela. And guess what?

Kimchi chimti kate!

http://media4.px.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/MkiMfQcQQy_dUMiapFzIkQ/ms

I ordered the 'Korean box' for around $15 (this time didn't tip them as the two young cashier were more interested in the Sports Center broadcast than serving or asking me how the experience was - trick? paid with credit card in that way no tips.) And the first thing they gave within 2 minutes was the famous signature starter of any Korean restaurant -Arirang for one in Gulshan/Banani- and boy! Kimchi pwns!

Kimchi is like your dependable female friend. Who is not your girlfriend or a sex pal but someone who is always there for you and 'roll up' when you call her or when you need her. Kimchi is a subtle flirtatious Siren luring your inner odyssey down the road-fork. Munchhaussen trilemma you say? Absolutely. You are given three choices. Potato but sweet, half boiled i think, minced into cubes, some garlic in sweetly timed sour sauce and some cucumbers bata. Why not let wikidia take away for an intro?

Kimchi (play /ˈkɪmtʃi/; Korean: 김치 [kimtɕʰi]), also spelled gimchi, kimchee, or kim chee, is a traditional fermented Korean dish, made of vegetables with varied seasonings. Kimchi may also refer to unfermented vegetable dishes.[1][2][3] There are hundreds of varieties of kimchi, made with a main vegetable ingredient such as napa cabbage, radish, green onions or cucumber.[4] Kimchi is the most common banchan, or side dish, in Korean cuisine. Kimchi is also a main ingredient for many popular Korean dishes such as kimchi stew (김치찌개; kimchi jjigae), kimchi soup (김칫국; kimchiguk), and kimchi fried rice (김치볶음밥; kimchi bokkeumbap)Ancient Kimchi

The oldest references to kimchi can be found from 2600 to 3000 years ago.[5] The first text-written evidence of its existence can be found in the first Chinese poetry book, Shi Jing (詩經). In this book, kimchi was referred to as jeo (菹). The term ji was used until the pre-modern terms chimchae (hanja: 沈菜, lit. soaked vegetables), dimchae, and timchae were adopted in the period of the Three Kingdoms of Korea.[6] The word then was modified into jimchi, and is currently kimchi. Early kimchi was made of cabbage and beef stock only. Red chili, a New World vegetable not found in Korea before European contact with the Americas, was added to kimchi recipes some time after 1500. Red chili pepper flakes are now used as the main ingredient for spice and source of heat for many varieties of kimchi. In the twelfth century other spices, creating flavors such as sweet and sour, and colors, such as white and orange, were added.

Main ingredients
Chili peppers drying for kimchi

Kimchi varieties are determined by the main vegetable ingredients and the mix of seasonings used to flavor the kimchi. The most popular type of kimchi is the baechu (napa cabbage) variety but there are many regional and seasonal varieties.

The Kimchi Field Museum in Seoul has documented 187 historic and current varieties of kimchi. Although the most common seasonings include brine, scallions and spices, ingredients can be replaced or added depending on the type of kimchi being made. Common seasonings also include ginger, chopped radish, garlic, saeujeot (hangul: 새우젓), and aekjeot (hangul: 액젓, fish sauce).
More.. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimchi)

http://media3.px.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/a7Ki-qrJs6M9SMf8zXtw8g/l

It's like cup n ball trick played by buskers since ancient times where they present you with a ball and try to make you guess under which cup will it land after some legerdemain.

You are confounded with three small plates. It beckons you to be strange bedfellows with her. You are to start any from any plates like opening the door of Shehrezeda or the Tiger? and then you create a miniature gustatory symphony from playing Chopsticks from one small plate to another...Cucumber Garlic Potatoes Potatoes Garlic Garlic Cucumber Cucucumber Garlic Potatoes Garlic Potatoes Garic Cucumber Cucumber...and so on to stairway to Infinity.

Zunaid
June 9, 2011, 02:01 AM
Love kimchi!

Now open a blog Zee.

Zeeshan
June 9, 2011, 03:34 AM
Love kimchi!

Now open a blog Zee.

Done! :)

Linked your virtualbangladesh website...

Zeeshan
June 9, 2011, 04:55 AM
Zee - you know I like you man but still ...

I will give your review a two thumbs :down: for an overabundance of metaphors and similes that is like a fusion of two different cuisines that MUST be kept separate. It's like Bearnaise Sauce with a dash of cumin and star anise seeds.

Secondly, Denny's isn't fit to be reviewed. You only go to Denny's at 4 am because you have been kicked out of all the parties, you are hungry, you are broke and Denny's is the only place open where you can get a $2 meal.

First of all fail. I went there at 4:20 pm...not am. Besides it doesnt matter where you eat but what you eat. So why cant Danny's (as idumb spells it fondly) be reviewed?

And if you thought that was bad wait till you hear about my Ode to Dominoes Pizza tomorrow.. :smug:

Zunaid
June 9, 2011, 05:11 AM
I also go to poop but you don't see me posting a glowing review. As long as everything comes out ok, it's all good.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

bujhee kom
June 9, 2011, 12:06 PM
Denny's has dark troublesome history. In Georgia several different cases of major civil law-suits were filed against Denny's Restaurant corp and induvidual Denny's location franchise ownerships in throughout northern Ga places like Athens, Rome, Augusta and others. Civil suits filed by NAACP and other different indviduals against Denny's for refusing to serve food or drinks to induviduals for their color and ethnic origin, in simple words, they refused to serve a number of black folks down in Georgia and their families because they were Blacks! And Denny's still in business and still smiling, can I take your order please??!! The cases were between 2001 through 2008...I will give you my order you KKK led establishment, people died in this country for the freedom of the colored brothers, the slave brothers who have been stolen from Africa, sisters dreams have been shattered, raped and killed and Malcom died, Rev. Dr. King died, for what? We are still not getting some craap cafeteria diner food, waitin in line, in the back, ride the bus and still get no food! On my deadbody! Gopal boycot Denney's please brother! Don't go there, don't give them your hard earned dollar, they do not deserve your business! The racist, fasicta systema must come down!

America Stand Up!

Beamer
June 9, 2011, 02:06 PM
Denny's? yuck..Plus, they like to spit on folks food that are not white. Don't you remember the lawsuit against them years ago ?

Beamer
June 9, 2011, 02:11 PM
Now we are talking Z. Love kimchi. Love bulgogi style BBQ and all those small bowls of goodness that come with a Korean meal. Anybody big fan of sushi and sashimi here? I am. Unagi and any sushi that is made with eel is a personal favorite.

AsifTheManRahman
June 9, 2011, 03:27 PM
^BBQ eel and spicy salmon.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

auntu
June 9, 2011, 03:34 PM
[বাংলা]রাত্তিরে ঘরে তৈরি গরুর গোস্তের চাপ এবং ঘিয়ে ভাজা পরোটা খেয়ে বেশ টালমাটাল অবস্থায় আছি... এর মধ্যে গোপালের এই খাই খাই সুতার ঠেলায় তো পুরো আয় যাই গা অবস্থা...[/বাংলা]

layperson
June 9, 2011, 04:16 PM
Now we are talking Z. Love kimchi. Love bulgogi style BBQ and all those small bowls of goodness that come with a Korean meal. Anybody big fan of sushi and sashimi here? I am. Unagi and any sushi that is made with eel is a personal favorite.

I love sushi, espcially sashimi. Funny thing is I used to hate sushi before because i always heard it was raw and the first time I had it was from a franchise like Bento box which serves boxed sushi. So that did not help. One day my friends took me to a sushi joint saying i can order kitchen items, and lo and behold a new sushi lover was born. Now I crave sashimi more than any sushi lover I know. I love the salman and white tuna sashimi. I also love handrolls.

Nafi
June 9, 2011, 04:50 PM
http://www.thekebabshop.com/Doner%20Layout-Lamb-Small.gif

lamisa
June 10, 2011, 09:53 AM
i ate at the only iraninan restaurant in dhaka called caspian yesterday. it was ok but not for our taste buds, not much salt or spice. anyone who goes there should try out the lamb biryani, that was good

AsifTheManRahman
June 10, 2011, 01:43 PM
How many pieces of sushi can you guys eat in a single session? What diameter? Or to rephrase, what is the area, in square miles, of sushi that you can eat in one session? Maybe this should be in a separate Food Contest thread? *Nudges OP*

Fazal
June 10, 2011, 02:09 PM
Here is my Foot Review:

http://www.webinformatic.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/beautiful-feet1.jpg
Beautiful Foot

http://images.nymag.com/images/2/daily/2009/05/20090508_feet_2_560x375.jpg
Not so beautiful foot

http://www.photofunblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Women-Star-Foot-Tattoos-New-Trend-For-2011.jpg
Foot with Tattoo

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2701/4019594159_5cd1a6f8c2.jpg
Happy Foot

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_K3Oar1sKcwc/SLtPUubZ84I/AAAAAAAAAEM/uj_ngzsfPJc/s320/Angry_Foot.jpg
Angry Foot

http://www.helpfulhealthtips.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Easy-Cure-For-Sweaty-Feet.jpg
Sweaty Foot

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/47/149580816_a956e46245.jpg
Baby Foot.

bujhee kom
June 13, 2011, 05:43 PM
Hahahahah...Fazal mamau apni ekjon boddho Phagool...hahhahah!