PDA

View Full Version : Help Please Dear Mod Bhais

bujhee kom
June 16, 2011, 01:49 AM
Dear bhais,

My friend Blackmoon from Kolkata just signed up in BC...by mistake he he put his birthdate year as 2011 and now he cannot post bhais....I can not even go to page and tell him about the FTP thread of ours...he is over 21 and he is a Electrical Engineering studant at the University...it was a genuine mistake...thank you dear mod bhais ..please help!

Regards,

Zaved/bk

bujhee kom
June 16, 2011, 01:52 AM
I can't even send him friend request bhais...

Zunaid
June 16, 2011, 02:44 AM
Over 21. Ok, I made him 50 for now. He should be able to post now.

Banglaguy
June 16, 2011, 05:33 AM

Aha! Made him 50. . . Legend :D

nakedzero
June 16, 2011, 05:43 AM

ছেলের আর বিয়ে হবে কি :p ???

bujhee kom
June 16, 2011, 11:10 AM
Hoohoohooo..thank you Dr. Zed Uncleji!

Naimul_Hd
September 26, 2011, 09:33 AM
Can Mod delete a post without letting the poster know or not even putting a remark 'deleted' on that post ? Thanks

Zunaid
September 26, 2011, 09:48 AM
Can Mod delete a post without letting the poster know or not even putting a remark 'deleted' on that post ? Thanks

Mods can it only make posts disappear, they can also make posters disappear. Many a old poster can be found with concrete shoes at the bottom of the East River or the Shitalokkho River.

But more seriously, inappropriate posts can be 'unapproved' or downright deleted, and normal users won't see any artifact. When the unapproval happens to regular users, we generally strive to send a note to the user as to why or if the post is egregious enough the poster might receive a warning or an infraction. An infraction is more serious than a warning. The latter being a hooshiari shonket and the former being an actual arrest. Sometimes mods get so busy that we forget to let the user know if his/her post has been unapproved bunt there were no warnings or infractions. We are all human. If you are concerned, do send a PM to one of the mods and they will look into it.

Hope this helps.

Naimul_Hd
September 26, 2011, 09:57 AM
Mods can it only make posts disappear, they can also make posters disappear. Many a old poster can be found with concrete shoes at the bottom of the East River or the Shitalokkho River.

But more seriously, inappropriate posts can be 'unapproved' or downright deleted, and normal users won't see any artifact. When the unapproval happens to regular users, we generally strive to send a note to the user as to why or if the post is egregious enough the poster might receive a warning or an infraction. An infraction is more serious than a warning. The latter being a hooshiari shonket and the former being an actual arrest. Sometimes mods get so busy that we forget to let the user know if his/her post has been unapproved bunt there were no warnings or infractions. We are all human. If you are concerned, do send a PM to one of the mods and they will look into it.

Hope this helps.

:)

nah Boss, i am neither concerned about mod deleting any post nor i have any complaint against anyone. Ami to masum baccha ! just asking out of curiosity. :)

Thanks for taking time to ans in details. Take Care boss. Hope everything is fine at your end. :)

bujhee kom
September 26, 2011, 12:45 PM
Dear Dr. Zed Boss and dear Mod bhais, my friend Blackmoon is still unable to post and still no visitor is allowed to see his page...I think it is still his age not fixed maybe? I am so sorry dear Boss for keep bugging about this....thank you so much....the member in question is "blackmoon" and he is 22 years old.

Banglaguy
September 26, 2011, 01:24 PM
Question:

When I get an infraction,what happens?

AsifTheManRahman
September 26, 2011, 01:27 PM
Question:

When I get an infraction,what happens?
If you get too many you get banned. Usually it's like baseball (strike 3, you're out), but depending on the severity of the offenses, one might last longer or shorter than that.

-mod.info

Banglaguy
September 26, 2011, 02:10 PM
If you get too many you get banned. Usually it's like baseball (strike 3, you're out), but depending on the severity of the offenses, one might last longer or shorter than that.

-mod.info

Thanks bro :D

Say for example, I get one every three months (which I do) will it ever lead to a ban (again) or will it go in between.

AsifTheManRahman
September 26, 2011, 02:25 PM
Thanks bro :D

Say for example, I get one every three months (which I do) will it ever lead to a ban (again) or will it go in between.
We can arrange for a ban without infractions if you'd like.

Banglaguy
September 26, 2011, 03:53 PM
We can arrange for a ban without infractions if you'd like.

I haven't done anything :(. . . . I'd like to thank you btw :)

nakedzero
September 30, 2011, 12:52 AM
What happens to this, when we report any post? IE. I reported a post a minute ago, it's about a SPAMMING BOT which is spamming right now in the forum.

nakedzero
September 30, 2011, 06:53 AM
Why does it look like this? I was checking all posts by an user And43erson (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=12426)
Why there are some links visible in the search result but not visible in his posts? Is it for signature or something? What are these?
And if you follow these links, the first link redirects you to JustHost.com (http://www.justhost.com/), the second link redirects to HostGator.com (http://www.hostgator.com/), and the third link redirects you to Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/).

http://i51.tinypic.com/160ttt3.jpg

Nasif
September 30, 2011, 08:00 AM
Why does it look like this? I was checking all posts by an user And43erson (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=12426)
Why there are some links visible in the search result but not visible in his posts? Is it for signature or something? What are these?
And if you follow these links, the first link redirects you to JustHost.com (http://www.justhost.com/), the second link redirects to HostGator.com (http://www.hostgator.com/), and the third link redirects you to Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/).

http://i51.tinypic.com/160ttt3.jpg

This was spam bot. The image url that the bot was posting was wrong, thats it didn't show up in the post.

All of the posts have been cleaned up, and bot banned.

nakedzero
September 30, 2011, 08:09 AM
Agey jantam Bot manei non Human, ki din je ashlo! Thanks Nasif bhai for the reply.

nakedzero
October 12, 2011, 06:05 AM
Bhais, I want to edit my Favorite players. Can't find the option :( I want to add some one.

Zunaid
October 12, 2011, 06:16 AM
Bhais, I want to edit my Favorite players. Can't find the option :( I want to add some one.

GO to the "User CP" link above; left of the FAQ.

The select 'Edit Profile' link:

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/profile.php?do=editprofile

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/attachment.php?attachmentid=1224&stc=1&d=1318418279

nakedzero
October 12, 2011, 06:20 AM
Thank you Sir, it was at the bottom, I couldn't notice. Thanks again.

mufi_02
December 2, 2011, 10:13 AM
How do you post image/videos that does not have an URL? I have few images/videos in my PC that would like to share. Thanks

AsifTheManRahman
December 2, 2011, 10:50 AM
How do you post image/videos that does not have an URL? I have few images/videos in my PC that would like to share. Thanks
You will need to upload to a different site (there are plenty of image/video hosting sites out there) and then use the URL to post it here.

nakedzero
December 2, 2011, 10:52 AM

Bhai go to Tinypic.com (http://tinypic.com/) (or any image host) and upload your image. And you will get link for forum/boards. Copy that link and post it here. This is how you can post images. Basically you have to upload it to any image hosting and share it here. But you can also share image locations of any other external websites, to do that just right click on image, copy image location, paste your image in between this code youlinkofimage

And to post video you have to do upload it to any video hosting site. I prefer youtube (www.youtube.com) for that purpose. Upload your video to youtube, and get the Embed code. To get the Embed code, first click on the Share option then you will discover the Embed button, and then click on Embed and copy that code and paste the code in your post, that's it.

http://i42.tinypic.com/24bkvhv.jpg

mufi_02
December 2, 2011, 11:01 AM
Thank you so much Nzero bhai.

Nasif
December 2, 2011, 10:34 PM
You do get image upload permission once you reach Cricket Guru level.

Zeeshan
December 4, 2011, 03:50 AM
Help Please Dear Mod Bhais,

I posted in FC in Guru thread yet Antora's name is showing up in FP. I can't possibly retire in my chambers letting this discrepancy flourish...

Naimul_Hd
December 16, 2011, 06:25 AM
Whenever i post something, a duplicate post is automatically posted right afterwards. Believe me Mods, i am not doing it deliberately to increase my post counts, please dont ban me ! :(

nakedzero
December 17, 2011, 01:25 AM
Could you please rename my poll option for this thread বিজয়ের এই মাসে পাকিস্তানের সাথে খেলার দরকার ছিল কি ? (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=39525) Bhul kore poll option a likha ashche বিজয়ের এই মাসে পাকিস্তানের সাথে খেলা , but it's suppose to be বিজয়ের এই মাসে পাকিস্তানের সাথে খেলার দরকার ছিল কি?

Naimul_Hd
December 17, 2011, 10:32 PM
Uffff....BC ashchorjo rokomer slow hoye gese ! Admin bhais ra kichu ekta kora jaye na ?

WarWolf
December 19, 2011, 10:02 AM
The web server is taking much time to respond once the page is requested.

Rabz
December 20, 2011, 11:32 AM
Whenever i post something, a duplicate post is automatically posted right afterwards. Believe me Mods, i am not doing it deliberately to increase my post counts, please dont ban me ! :(

Oi miya, dhandabaji bondho koro. :P
Ekhon amra bujlam tomar eto beshi post count kibhabe holo !!

Naimul_Hd
December 20, 2011, 10:03 PM
Oi miya, dhandabaji bondho koro. :P
Ekhon amra bujlam tomar eto beshi post count kibhabe holo !!

amar post count beshi ? kon ki mia bhai ?
shei din er baccha ra 2010 e join kore 6k+ post count kore fello, ar ami shei 2008 e join kore ekhono Guru hoite parlam na ! Eta to amar ar BC er jonno lojjar bishoy hoye daraise ! :D

simon
May 8, 2012, 06:06 PM
achcha, am I the only one having problem with changing abhatar, I mean I have been trying for the last 2 weeks or little less,tried around 10 pics as new abhatar magar everytime there is a problem with dimension.
This never happened before. :o
Pls,help me.

Zeeshan
May 8, 2012, 06:35 PM
achcha, am I the only one having problem with changing abhatar, I mean I have been trying for the last 2 weeks or little less,tried around 10 pics as new abhatar magar everytime there is a problem with dimension.
This never happened before. :o
Pls,help me.

Yeah I also had the same problem. Dimension size may have been re-restricted. Are you using link or upload bar?

simon
May 12, 2012, 10:55 AM
Yeah I also had the same problem. Dimension size may have been re-restricted. Are you using link or upload bar?

me uploading from my computer, no work say dimension of 100 X 100,some like that.

Zeeshan
May 12, 2012, 03:38 PM
Lol then resize it, go to mspaint, click on attributes and change the dimension.

And :lol: at the sig.

simon
May 13, 2012, 12:08 PM
Lol then resize it, go to mspaint, click on attributes and change the dimension.

And :lol: at the sig.

ok,thanks,I'll try as u said.
and yes Jafarullah rocks.

Naimul_Hd
May 23, 2012, 02:44 AM
I don't know what happened but suddenly font type for BC has changed from the default one. I have checked browser's (FF) font, and its okay. Also checked other websites, the font is okay. Only problem is with BC. Could not find any option of 'font' in BC either. Help me please.

Btw, where is 'attachment' option ? Nasif bhai once told that all 'Guru' members would have this option, but cant find it either.

Thanks

Naimul_Hd
May 23, 2012, 04:01 AM
I don't know what happened but suddenly font type for BC has changed from the default one. I have checked browser's (FF) font, and its okay. Also checked other websites, the font is okay. Only problem is with BC. Could not find any option of 'font' in BC either. Help me please.

Btw, where is 'attachment' option ? Nasif bhai once told that all 'Guru' members would have this option, but cant find it either.

Thanks

never mind, fixed it.

Zunaid
May 23, 2012, 04:35 AM
never mind, fixed it.

What did yooooouuuuuuu do?

Naimul_Hd
May 23, 2012, 05:14 AM
What did yooooouuuuuuu do?

closed the current browser window and restarted :)

Zunaid
May 23, 2012, 05:36 AM
closed the current browser window and restarted :)

No, my question was, how did you mange to screw it up in the first place.

PEBKAC.

Naimul_Hd
May 23, 2012, 05:50 AM
No, my question was, how did you mange to screw it up in the first place.

PEBKAC.

I was trying few new 'add ons'/'plugins' on my browser and... :D

Nasif
May 24, 2012, 09:54 PM

Thanks

Upload is only available within advanced editor. Quick post editor under the thread doesn't have upload function.

Naimul_Hd
May 25, 2012, 05:48 AM
Upload is only available within advanced editor. Quick post editor under the thread doesn't have upload function.

thanks Nasif bhai.

Naimul_Hd
May 25, 2012, 07:44 PM

Nasif bhai, this is my 'advanced editor' screenshot. Still no option for 'attachment'. I do remember, i had 'attachment' option earlier in the 'additional option' section. :(

http://i49.tinypic.com/2yyut1h.jpg

mufi_02
June 5, 2012, 12:58 PM
I can't embed any YouTube video or Tweets from Chrome. But I can do it from IE. Any ways to do it from Chrome?

Thanks

Nasif
June 5, 2012, 01:28 PM
Nasif bhai, this is my 'advanced editor' screenshot. Still no option for 'attachment'. I do remember, i had 'attachment' option earlier in the 'additional option' section. :(

I will check it.

I can't embed any YouTube video or Tweets from Chrome. But I can do it from IE. Any ways to do it from Chrome?

Thanks

Click on this icon http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/editor/switchmode.gif, and it should take you to text mode. Now you should be able to copy/paste embed anything.

mufi_02
June 5, 2012, 03:32 PM
Click on this icon http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/editor/switchmode.gif, and it should take you to text mode. Now you should be able to copy/paste embed anything.

That's the thing. In Chrome, there is no http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/editor/switchmode.gif button available. I can only see it in IE.

MohammedC
June 5, 2012, 03:43 PM
Just copy and paste the code it will work. I used to think it does not work for chrome but works with IE.

Zeeshan
July 20, 2012, 09:03 PM
Dear mods : can we please get the timer? Many people may not realize that the game's tomorrow and might miss it. :)

Zunaid
July 20, 2012, 09:10 PM
Dear mods : can we please get the timer? Many people may not realize that the game's tomorrow and might miss it. :)

You are staff and should be able to set the timer. :)

Zeeshan
July 20, 2012, 09:12 PM
You are staff and should be able to set the timer. :)

Perhaps you can PM me the details?

Or, you pulling a Dilscoop on me? :p

Night_wolf
July 27, 2012, 03:03 AM
i dont know whats the problem but i cant delete my posts

Kabir
July 27, 2012, 04:21 AM

Staff don't have the delete option. Once you post...you're done! Can't go and change your mind now.

J/K :)

ammark
July 27, 2012, 04:38 AM

What happens when you click on "Edit" icon below your post? Then do a "Go Advanced" and look around for "Delete Message". Let me know if this works. Every member should be able to delete their own post, I would think.

Night_wolf
July 27, 2012, 06:19 AM
What happens when you click on "Edit" icon below your post? Then do a "Go Advanced" and look around for "Delete Message". Let me know if this works. Every member should be able to delete their own post, I would think.

nope..cant find del in "go advanced too" the delete option used to be there when i clicked edit, i didn't had to go to "go advanced" but now i cant find the option anywhere

simon
September 9, 2013, 11:30 AM
where is the forum jump thing unda da page ? -_-

Nasif
September 9, 2013, 12:49 PM
where is the forum jump thing unda da page ? -_-

Forum has been removed for performance reasons.

Nasif
September 9, 2013, 12:52 PM
nope..cant find del in "go advanced too" the delete option used to be there when i clicked edit, i didn't had to go to "go advanced" but now i cant find the option anywhere

Members can delete their own post within the first hour of posting (might be less than that). After that its not open for deleting anymore.

Also, if its a new thread then op cannot be removed after first reply on that thread.

Night_wolf
September 9, 2013, 10:50 PM
Members can delete their own post within the first hour of posting (might be less than that). After that its not open for deleting anymore.

Also, if its a new thread then op cannot be removed after first reply on that thread.

i still can not delete my own post after i have posted it, after i post i only have edit option and after i click edit there is no delete option, only save, go advanced and cancel are there

see i have posted this just now and after i click edit there is no delete

Naimul_Hd
November 18, 2013, 08:56 PM
I am not able to use 'Color' for text neither in quick reply nor in advanced option. When I click 'color' tool, nothing comes up. any idea, why ?

Nasif
November 18, 2013, 09:59 PM
Incompatibility with some of the modern browsers. Forum software will be upgraded in near future which will fix this problem.

Night_wolf
November 20, 2013, 01:08 AM
Nasif Bhai is any settings change affecting my post deleting problem?, i mean whatever browser i try i cant delete my post, when i joined the forum this problem wasn't there..i think i might have done something in the User CP thats why this problem is occurring but i am not being able to find out

Zunaid
November 20, 2013, 03:05 AM
NW - which forum? Or all forums?

Night_wolf
November 20, 2013, 03:38 AM
NW - which forum? Or all forums?

no only BC, i dont go to other forums

Zunaid
November 20, 2013, 04:17 AM
Adnan - it should be fixed now. I think the Staff privileges weren't correctly adjusted.

Night_wolf
November 20, 2013, 04:42 AM
fixed now..thanks!

edit: Zunaid bhai not totally fixed, i can delete my old post now but not the recent one..i can not delete this post as i just posted this