PDA

View Full Version : General BPL Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

reyme
February 9, 2012, 06:07 PM
I wonder how shihab trading will get their 45 crore back with empty stadium everyday. They are set for a huge loss!

reyme
February 9, 2012, 06:19 PM
Breaking News:
Galye will play all the matches in BPL!

Is it really? Source: inqilab

revolver
February 9, 2012, 06:21 PM
I loved shylet song btw who was that girl wit rajshahi or khulna team.. She was ot <3
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

simon
February 9, 2012, 06:24 PM
channel 9 showing BPL show again, watching Miles singing Phiriey dao, I missed it live :)

tonoy
February 9, 2012, 06:28 PM
Breaking News:

I hope it is true. I mean if you think about it, it is the most logical thing to do. 500k in a month is much better option.

MohammedC
February 9, 2012, 06:37 PM
I hope it is true. I mean if you think about it, it is the most logical thing to do. 500k in a month is much better option.

19 days :) .less than a month

TigerEz
February 9, 2012, 08:03 PM
i cant believe that i cant watch first 2 matches live :'(

frd
February 9, 2012, 11:28 PM
They shut down all the gates 3 hours before the ceremony started! First of all ticket is too expensive, then there is huge problem with parking, you have to walk like a mile after parking, then it takes forever to buy a ticket at the gate and spend hours and hours just to get in! Going to the stadium is like going to a prison, unless of course you are a VIP.

These idiots need half a day to sell some handful ticket at the gate and need 5-6 hours to let people enter through 3 steps of security checks for only few thousand people!

These idiots should learn from USA how to sell and fill up 100,000 people in 1 hour!!

Expect an empty stadium everyday!

also there was a problem regarding marketing and creating the hype.i have pointed my finger to the bollyS coz many of my friends didnt even watch the prog live on tv bcoz of their presence.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

frd
February 9, 2012, 11:30 PM
Breaking News:

it will be G8 if true.

Rifat H
February 10, 2012, 12:49 AM
Breaking News:

its not confirmed . I have checked their official website, Fb page and twitter account.They said Gayle will play till 16 th Feb. their official partner Ittefaq also published that Gayle will play 5 matches only and Barisal wants to make impact on those 5 matches

zinatf
February 10, 2012, 03:02 AM
Haye khoda...the way Isam bhai and Isnaad's fb statuses were going I was really worried.....now after reading everything, I'm really pissed at the officials....couldn't you bring bappi/topu/bangla band/arnob??? Seriously???!! What the hell?!?!

Equinox
February 10, 2012, 06:11 AM
As long as they have Gayle, don't see any target big enough for Barishal. I kinda hope he doesn't play all the matches so the playing field is levelled. :P

Dilscoop
February 10, 2012, 08:27 AM
After watching 1.4 overs and reading comments from the 2nd game, I honestly don't want a season 2. I knew it wasn't gonna be great, but this is just horribly organized. Beyond my expectations...

Nasif
February 10, 2012, 10:03 AM
Best ad during wicket/over break:
"[বাংলা]আরাম আয়েশের সঙ্গী
আমানত শাহ্‌ লুঙ্গী![/বাংলা]

http://rummuser.com/wp-content/uploads/lungi.jpg

:floor::floor::floor:

Naimul_Hd
February 10, 2012, 10:08 AM
Best ad during wicket/over break:
"[বাংলা]আরাম আয়েশের সঙ্গী
আমানত শাহ্‌ লুঙ্গী![/বাংলা]

http://rummuser.com/wp-content/uploads/lungi.jpg

:floor::floor::floor:

Nasif bhai, edaning khub tension e thaki...raat e bhalo moto ghum o hoy na. i badly need this lungi. Porlei ghum choley ashe naki ! do you know how can i buy this online ? :)

-kidding

Awla
February 10, 2012, 10:18 AM
2 back to back one sided game... very disappointing..
Hope Dhaka vs Khulna match will be a close contest

lamisa
February 10, 2012, 10:33 AM
wish the matches were more competitive! but nevertheless, it's good to see our own players doing well

amar11432
February 10, 2012, 10:42 AM
After watching 1.4 overs and reading comments from the 2nd game, I honestly don't want a season 2. I knew it wasn't gonna be great, but this is just horribly organized. Beyond my expectations...

Its not that bad but not that exciting either. Its quite evident that this tournament was highly rushed. Some of the commentators and the hosts dont know jack about BD and cant pronounce the team name to save their lives. The worst thing is the high ticket prices, you can feel the total lack of atmosphere in the stadium. Nevertheless, I hope BPL will be successful.

mufi_02
February 10, 2012, 10:53 AM
^^ Agree. Its feels rushed and it will take some time for the commentators and foreign players to adjust in these conditions. But as lamisa was saying somewhere, BPL was on in every TV set and Radio. So the local people will also get involved soon and would fill the stadium to see magical Gayle or vintage Murali/Jayasuriya.

r56hg
February 10, 2012, 10:55 AM
Breaking News

BPL tickets at Tk 200!

Dhaka, Feb 10 (bdnews24.com)—Prices of tickets to watch Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) matches from the gallery have been reduced to Tk 200 from Tk 500.

Shihab Trading, the firm that won the ticketing rights, made the announcement in a media statement on Friday.

Source:
http://cricket.bdnews24.com/details.php?cid=26&id=218026&?us=5dkmtoiq6rfo3o89n1l6e55oj2

Out_You_Go
February 10, 2012, 10:57 AM
1 st day of BPL, i must say crossed my expectation apart from two things.

Good sides:-

1. All matches went above 150+ runs.
2. Kapali, Sabbir, Riyad, Imrul, Enamul played really well. A good day for some of our local lads.
3. 1st day itself a 200+ game and a century.

Bad sides:-

1. Bad fielding of local players(very bad i mean).
2. Lack of competition.

All in all a good day i conclude. Lets hope it carries on and heats up the tourney.

Out_You_Go
February 10, 2012, 10:58 AM
And its just the first day guys. BPL will be successful in sha ALLAH. Have some patience!

Regards.

amar11432
February 10, 2012, 10:59 AM
BPL tickets at Tk 200!

bdnews24

Finally these Dumba$$ understands the lack of atmosphere made the 1st day kinda depressing.

Awla
February 10, 2012, 11:36 AM
BPL Ticket Price Reduced !! :D

East Gallery: 200 taka
North-South Gallery: 400 taka
Club House: 1000 taka
International gallery: 2000 taka
Grand Stand 5000 taka
Hospitality box & Corporate box 12,000 taka

This reduced price rate will be applicable from tomorrow.

Dilscoop
February 10, 2012, 11:44 AM
One positive: there was no "its a Chatar-Matha six!" Then again I only saw one 6. Have they sponsor stamped the 6/4s yet?

I hope they don't add the title sponsor to the name. Keep it BPL.

revolver
February 10, 2012, 11:59 AM
can someone post me the videos of the opening ceremony?

simon
February 10, 2012, 12:02 PM
hhs Nasif bhaai

Dhakablues
February 10, 2012, 12:34 PM
the most dissapointing thing was the attendance.... It was nearly empty stadium. Even a U-19 game against Papuan New Gunea had more attendance at Shaheed Chandu Stadium!! I am just baffled that there were practically no attendance as if it was a Kho Kho match going on there.

The players were rusty other than Bangladeshi national team players and ofcourse Gayle!! I am glad that he performed because a big player like him doing good also gives the sponsors a boost that their 550K was not in vain. But Murli dissapointed. I was annoyed that he was saying that he will get ready for IPL with this tournament!! He couldve been more sensitive to his current team.

All in all, I am glad that the game went on as planned despite the hurried nature in how this tournament was organized. They pulled it off..BCB can take credit for that. For the last 2 days, my social networking has been fending-off the disgruntled annoying Pakistani and Indian fans on twitter....seriously they are not happy at all that BPL is actually happening!!

MarufH
February 10, 2012, 01:15 PM
Awesome first DAY!!! Gayle was amazing. Kapali was good. Trego was a bad captain.

akabir77
February 10, 2012, 01:45 PM
they reduce the price of the ticket starting from tomorrow. llowest is 200 from 500 now...

Zeeshan
February 10, 2012, 01:46 PM
Missed the second game. Any report?

Nadim
February 10, 2012, 01:47 PM
Didn't watched anything. not even a ball. so can some tell me if there was speed gun???

Zeeshan
February 10, 2012, 01:50 PM
Ironically enough Mahmudullah's SR of 238 is >> than GAyle's 229.54. :LOL:

Achievement in itself.

hoodlum
February 10, 2012, 01:51 PM
There was a speed gun but it was not showing the speeds each over.

Nadim
February 10, 2012, 02:28 PM
Why the gorund is so small? im surprised that Gayle only hit 9 sixes..

Rinathq
February 10, 2012, 02:55 PM
the ground isnt soo small, its a little smaller orginal... according to the commies anyways

Beamer
February 10, 2012, 03:15 PM
1 st day of BPL, i must say crossed my expectation apart from two things.

Good sides:-

1. All matches went above 150+ runs.
2. Kapali, Sabbir, Riyad, Imrul, Enamul played really well. A good day for some of our local lads.
3. 1st day itself a 200+ game and a century.

Bad sides:-

1. Bad fielding of local players(very bad i mean).
2. Lack of competition.

All in all a good day i conclude. Lets hope it carries on and heats up the tourney.

Sums it up pretty nice !

Don't underestimate what these type of tournament does it for the psyche of our fragile cricketers. We all agree that mentally we lose half the game before it even starts ( our national team players ). Now, we get to rub shoulders with some big names ( though not a lot, but good enough for a start ), on our turf, on our tournament, and that alone should provide a sense of belonging, which could translate into erasing some mental barrier that plagues us at the sight of big name cricketers as opposition.

simon
February 10, 2012, 03:53 PM
Didn't watched anything. not even a ball. so can some tell me if there was speed gun???

yes,there was

TigerEz
February 10, 2012, 04:04 PM
can u guys plzzzzz post highlights since i missed and am gonna miss all the games for school

Zeeshan
February 10, 2012, 04:16 PM
I wonder what were some of the highest net run rates:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-premier-league-2012/engine/series/547342.html?view=pointstable

reyme
February 10, 2012, 04:34 PM
I am really glad that we pulled it off! Take that BCCI!
I really want this to be a success, it really feels like we are up there as a cricket nation...even SL could not do it!

reyme
February 10, 2012, 04:36 PM
I watched the first match from beginning to end...other than crowd absence I think it went well...and now that ticket prices gone down, it should be electric from Saturday. Gayle was a pleasure to watch, this man is something!

simon
February 10, 2012, 05:12 PM
crowd absence didn't surprise me, it's Dhaka, so most people will be gathering for DG. :fire:

simon
February 10, 2012, 05:21 PM
Junaid Sidd is a much better T20 batsman than Tamim or Sakib or Mushy

idrinkh2O
February 10, 2012, 06:03 PM
I really want this to be a success, it really feels like we are up there as a cricket nation...even SL could not do it!
well said :up:

idrinkh2O
February 10, 2012, 06:04 PM
crowd absence didn't surprise me, it's Dhaka, so most people will be gathering for DG. :fire:
plus ticket price o komaya diche!

MohammedC
February 10, 2012, 06:07 PM

Now the next step should be. Learn from small mistakes and make it better as we go along.....

Mahir
February 10, 2012, 06:14 PM
Now the next step should be. Learn from small mistakes and make it better as we go along.....

Exactly. BPL is seemingly on its way to being a hit, and if the league is here to stay, then the only way from here is to go forward. Remembering how IPL's first season was compared to the last one, there's been steady improvements when it comes to branding and marketing itself. BPL may not reach the heights of IPL, but as a cricketing nation, we should be happy that we have a league that is being recognized, unlike ICL.

Most of us prefer Test matches and ODIs over T20s, but now that this tourny is here, we might as well look forward to it and expect good things to come out. Our local players (i.e. the young guns and the lesser knowns) and how they perform is a big reason why I'm following BPL, and I hope a couple of them shine through and emerge as stars, as Pat Symcox alluded to in the commentary.

TigerEz
February 10, 2012, 06:21 PM
im so happy that im going to see the young tigers in tv for a change....

akabir77
February 10, 2012, 08:41 PM
Did anyone noticed how wide eyed was some of the Rajshahi young cricketer today. Felt like they have head lights turned on in front of them. That is the one reason I think they dropped so many catches. They were nurviuos.

Mahir
February 10, 2012, 08:46 PM
Did anyone noticed how wide eyed was some of the Rajshahi young cricketer today. Felt like they have head lights turned on in front of them. That is the one reason I think they dropped so many catches. They were nurviuos.

Yes exactly.

In the Barisal/Sylhet match, our young prodigy Noor Hossain Munna was visibly rattled, especially against Gayle. He'd have run out of the field if he could. These guys will learn so much on how to keep composure and be mentally strong.

Rabz
February 11, 2012, 12:47 AM
Best thing to happen out of this BPL : Our young guns will be international match ready even before playing their first game. That will have a significant effect on these boys and I believe we can reduce the gap and the level of struggle our new ones face, especially when they cross the threshold of going international from domestic.
Nutshell : We will be more competitive in the coming days.

Guys like Nur,Shabbir, Asif, Mominul et all can only get better with this kind of never before exposure.

F6_Turbo
February 11, 2012, 01:32 AM
Exactly. BPL is seemingly on its way to being a hit, and if the league is here to stay, then the only way from here is to go forward. Remembering how IPL's first season was compared to the last one, there's been steady improvements when it comes to branding and marketing itself. BPL may not reach the heights of IPL, but as a cricketing nation, we should be happy that we have a league that is being recognized, unlike ICL.

Most of us prefer Test matches and ODIs over T20s, but now that this tourny is here, we might as well look forward to it and expect good things to come out. Our local players (i.e. the young guns and the lesser knowns) and how they perform is a big reason why I'm following BPL, and I hope a couple of them shine through and emerge as stars, as Pat Symcox alluded to in the commentary.

More importantly - if the BPL survives, the money in it will make cricket an even more appealing career option for youngsters. We have a large section of the population turning away from Cricket at a critical age because....'porashuna kor, GPA 5 paabi, chaakri korbi, bhaat khaabi.'

Kids play sport for the love of the sport and that is how it should be, but one can't run away from the financial aspect of it, especially in a society and culture like ours.

Mahir
February 11, 2012, 02:06 AM
More importantly - if the BPL survives, the money in it will make cricket an even more appealing career option for youngsters. We have a large section of the population turning away from Cricket at a critical age because....'porashuna kor, GPA 5 paabi, chaarki korbi, bhaat khaabi.'

Kids play sport for the love of the sport and that is how it should be, but one can't run away from the financial aspect of it, especially is a society and culture like ours.

Very crucial point. :up:

Speaking of culture like ours, you really got to hope that we do not resort to our age-old practice of pulling someone down with whatever allegations/excuses when they are on the verge of success. We lack unity as a community. I just do not want to keep dreaming of our country being a genuinely progressive one someday - I want to see it materialize.

MohammedC
February 11, 2012, 02:22 AM
Best innings by BD youngster was by Shabbir Rahman Romman. He was ahead of all the others and at one stage as good as Nasir Hossain during South Asian Games and Asian Games. All of a sudden he slumped big time. Good to see him back. Pity he does not bowl that much now a days.

BANFAN
February 11, 2012, 06:35 AM
2 back to back one sided game... very disappointing..
Hope Dhaka vs Khulna match will be a close contest

Was an easy win for Khulna. 2nd round will be more competitive....

Navo
February 11, 2012, 06:43 AM
One thing I liked about this match was that they seemed to playing a lot of Bangla music during the over intervals, wicket falls, etc. (Besides the team anthems I mean) Heard some songs that I haven't heard in ages. Better than playing Bollywood all the time.

Did the authorities intervene and force a reduction of the price of the tickets too? Good move :up:

firstlane
February 11, 2012, 06:46 AM
@t20_bpl BPL is a hit already...Lots of fans and supporter here in #Pakistan as well... Thanks to #GeoSuper for the coverage !! - A pakistani fan tweets

Habib
February 11, 2012, 06:53 AM
Only thing that bothers me is the gallary not being completely full. Otherwise it would've been perfect.

firstlane
February 11, 2012, 06:59 AM
Only thing that bothers me is the gallary not being completely full. Otherwise it would've been perfect.

200 taka is still a big amount for young people. Probably most are saving for the semis and final.

Navo
February 11, 2012, 07:05 AM
^ It is, but on the other hand there are many, many young people in Dhaka and Chittagong who spend way more than 200 Taka on weekends on cigarettes, DVDs, going out, CNG/rickshaw bhara etc. At least, enough people to fill stadiums of 15,000-25,000 capacity regularly.

frd
February 11, 2012, 07:53 AM
Bangladesher youngstar ra bpl khele temon batting bowling er chance pabe bole mone hoy na.yesterday asif ratul ke 7down e batting koralo ar ajk baad dilo 1inngs kharap korer por.ajk aber DG Anamul ke 7down e bat koralo .ekta ball o khello na.pura BPL e eirokom e hobe.

Navo
February 11, 2012, 09:19 AM
Bangladesher youngstar ra bpl khele temon batting bowling er chance pabe bole mone hoy na.yesterday asif ratul ke 7down e batting koralo ar ajk baad dilo 1inngs kharap korer por.ajk aber DG Anamul ke 7down e bat koralo .ekta ball o khello na.pura BPL e eirokom e hobe.

BD bowlers are getting to bowl though and they are getting thrashed - except for Mohsharraf Hossain Rubel and some of the national team bowlers.

Give it some time, as the tournament progresses, the matches will (hopefully) become closer and the young guys will get more exposure. Till then, they can only learn from sharing a dressing room with international stars.

TigerEz
February 11, 2012, 10:25 AM
first sledge in bpl.....shabbir rahman vs shane harwood

lamisa
February 11, 2012, 11:09 AM
atleast the matches are high scoring ones

Habib
February 11, 2012, 11:24 AM
atleast the matches are high scoring ones

J pichchi pichchi boundary, high scoring na hoile seta hobe lojjar.

F6_Turbo
February 11, 2012, 11:29 AM
200 taka is still a big amount for young people. Probably most are saving for the semis and final.

:lol: - Bhai, when was the last time you visited Bangladesh? A decent burger will set you back tk 200 now, and that's without the fries and coke.

Seriously Tk. 200 is NOTHING, it is pocket change.

Give it time, the news that the ticket prices have dropped so dramatically is filtering through, and also lots of ppl weren't sure about what to expect. But the crowd today was a lot louder, and more representative of a deshi cricket crowd. I think we'll see the numbers continue to swell as the tournament goes on.

Awla
February 11, 2012, 11:34 AM
So far fielding has been a big letdown... :(

Nadim
February 11, 2012, 11:41 AM
So far fielding has been a big letdown... :(

yes by foreign players.

yesterday deshi player fielded bad for DR but today it has been much better. Shabbir has been gd for them.

Opu from Barishal has been fantastic today in the field. Shuvo dropped a catch.

earlier match, deshi players didn't had any drop catches nor bad fielding. it was Azah and stevens who misfielded few.

Dilscoop
February 11, 2012, 12:36 PM
Chasing teams need to start putting up a better fight even if the target is 200+ or else this will become very dull.

Navo
February 11, 2012, 01:07 PM

Mirpur is a big ground and T20 boundaries are always small - that's why we seem to notice the pulled in boundary ropes

Rifat H
February 11, 2012, 01:46 PM
Mirpur is a big ground and T20 boundaries are always small - that's why we seem to notice the pulled in boundary ropes

Advertising board gula boundary line ar kache neoa uchit .

wiseshah
February 11, 2012, 02:43 PM
where is domestic performers?

why i see only foreign players? 5 top order batsman and all 5 bowlers

how that will help our cricket/

Razi
February 11, 2012, 03:29 PM

Yeah, SBNS is a really big ground, in international matches the boundary range in Mirpur is 78-85 meters, and the whole ground is approximately 85-105 meters long as it was a football stadium before. Hence, from my experience of watching international matches in Mirpur it seems the boundary range for BPL would probably be around 68-75 meters. That's not bad at all, cause in IPL most of the boundary ranges are between 55-65 meters. The smallest boundary I ever saw was at Firoz Shah Kotla in Delhi, where the boundary range was 52-58 meters, now that is small even for school cricket. The thing is that IPL may have much bigger venues in terms of stadium capacity than SBNS but most of their grounds are pretty small as a result it doesn't reflect the smaller boundary lines much, whereas Mirpur is a huge ground and if the boundary ropes are pulled up a bit it looks small to the eyes.

Awla
February 11, 2012, 04:18 PM
Allowing 5 overseas players in a match was a wrong decision..... our local players aren't getting any chance

BANFAN
February 11, 2012, 05:46 PM

One dyle costs more than that....

BANFAN
February 11, 2012, 05:53 PM
Yeah, SBNS is a really big ground, in international matches the boundary range in Mirpur is 78-85 meters, and the whole ground is approximately 85-105 meters long as it was a football stadium before. Hence, from my experience of watching international matches in Mirpur it seems the boundary range for BPL would probably be around 68-75 meters. That's not bad at all, cause in IPL most of the boundary ranges are between 55-65 meters. The smallest boundary I ever saw was at Firoz Shah Kotla in Delhi, where the boundary range was 52-58 meters, now that is small even for school cricket. The thing is that IPL may have much bigger venues in terms of stadium capacity than SBNS but most of their grounds are pretty small as a result it doesn't reflect the smaller boundary lines much, whereas Mirpur is a huge ground and if the boundary ropes are pulled up a bit it looks small to the eyes.

:up::up::up:

Well said and fully agree with a smaller boundary for T20,,, why do we have,so much complain about the boundary size......? It should be ok, so long it's same for all teams...!!!

BANFAN
February 11, 2012, 05:58 PM
where is domestic performers?

why i see only foreign players? 5 top order batsman and all 5 bowlers

how that will help our cricket/

Have patience.... What you are saying is current performance... Wait for our guys to break into it in 2/3 years..... That's when u will see improvement.....

If we already have all in top five.... That wouldn't talk of improvement..... That's current isn't it?..

BANFAN
February 11, 2012, 06:11 PM
One thing I liked about this match was that they seemed to playing a lot of Bangla music during the over intervals, wicket falls, etc. (Besides the team anthems I mean) Heard some songs that I haven't heard in ages. Better than playing Bollywood all the time.

Did the authorities intervene and force a reduction of the price of the tickets too? Good move :up:

That had to be.... After all, who are the spectators?.? It has to be bangladehis.....

Playing Bollywood music in Dhaka is just a sign of not knowing bangladesh and it's people..... We may have never missed a Bollywood super hit, but when it comes to public show ... We need our own music.... Infact, music is never so important for a movie in BD. ... We look for stories... In a movie ...not music...you can always have gorom masala collection of music later on if u like.... I personally have always used a FF button for music / song while watching a movie... :)

firstlane
February 11, 2012, 06:12 PM
Allowing 5 overseas players in a match was a wrong decision..... our local players aren't getting any chance

Its a good decision for the time being. we don't have so many top class players to match those internationals at the moment. allowing 7 locals could have worsen the quality of the matches. let few years go by, youngsters will fight hard in the domestics to get a team in BPL. that will only improve their performance to force their way into a team.
Also the higher the number of internationals the better for the promotion of the league. the non-bangalees will only watch BPL for the foreign players. without them its no different than a BCB cup with Bangladesh Red, green & yellow playing each other and who would want to watch that. BCB did a smart thing by allowing 5 internationals. at least they didn't copy ipl exactly in this.

Navo
February 11, 2012, 06:49 PM
That had to be.... After all, who are the spectators?.? It has to be bangladehis.....

Playing Bollywood music in Dhaka is just a sign of not knowing bangladesh and it's people..... We may have never missed a Bollywood super hit, but when it comes to public show ... We need our own music.... Infact, music is never so important for a movie in BD. ... We look for stories... In a movie ...not music...you can always have gorom masala collection of music later on if u like.... I personally have always used a FF button for music / song while watching a movie... :)

True and inadvertently, a lot of our music is also exposed internationally. Off-topic but relatively speaking, I think Bangladesh's rock music scene is much more developed than India's. Despite India being a much bigger country, in my time living there, I noticed far fewer stand-out rock bands than in BD. Even the ones they have are mostly from Kolkata, like Mohiner Ghoraguli and Nachiketa.

They may more money to spend and thus can draw big names like Iron Maiden, Roger Waters, etc. but that's a different issue. I've noticed foreigners are very often impressed when they hear our music :)

firstlane
February 11, 2012, 07:08 PM
True and inadvertently, a lot of our music is also exposed internationally. Off-topic but relatively speaking, I think Bangladesh's rock music scene is much more developed than India's. Despite India being a much bigger country, in my time living there, I noticed far fewer stand-out rock bands than in BD. Even the ones they have are mostly from Kolkata, like Mohiner Ghoraguli and Nachiketa.

They may more money to spend and thus can draw big names like Iron Maiden, Roger Waters, etc. but that's a different issue. I've noticed foreigners are very often impressed when they hear our music :)

oh yeah. we are way ahead in rock music than india. my previous flat mate was a musician and he found some Bangladeshi rock band in youtube. he was quite surprised with the quality.

22Yards
February 11, 2012, 11:04 PM
oh yeah. we are way ahead in rock music than india. my previous flat mate was a musician and he found some Bangladeshi rock band in youtube. he was quite surprised with the quality.

This is something I have been blowing my trumpet on since ages. Our rock music is HUGE but alas little they get exposure in the media. It seems like bands are there to perform in occasional universities and that's about it. I had many paki friends who listen to bands like artcell.They brought miles and LRB for the opening concert but I would have liked some of todays band to play alongside them in these big events.

Navo
February 11, 2012, 11:08 PM
This is something I have been blowing my trumpet on since ages. Our rock music is HUGE but alas little they get exposure in the media. It seems like bands are there to perform in occasional universities and that's about it. I had many paki friends who listen to bands like artcell.They brought miles and LRB for the opening concert but I would have liked some of todays band to play alongside them in these big events.

Which current bands do you think deserve international exposure?

Zunaid
February 11, 2012, 11:11 PM
Which current bands do you think deserve international exposure?

From my limited knowledge of the Bangladeshi band scene, my vote for Nemesis.

Navo
February 11, 2012, 11:19 PM
^^ Their music video for 'Kobe' is quite a hit with my non-Bengali friends. And clearly the lead singer can sing in English too. Time for them to do a tour to UK and US cities with big expat communities i.e. London, New York, etc.?

22Yards
February 11, 2012, 11:51 PM
i am a die hard artcell fan. I mean this a band who has so much potential and guess they are not even taking music as their profession. Tells the story that they dont make enough money with music.

Nemesis,aurthohin,shunno,shironamhin are all mainstream but what i mean is that they don't get anough exposure in terms of media.

some underground bands are recall,sign of cross, auleek.

Habib
February 11, 2012, 11:59 PM

True that. If there is a single band like Warfaze, Artcell or even Nagar Baul in India, I will eat a horse.

Zeeshan
February 12, 2012, 12:00 AM
Okay all you Getal fans please take the discussion to the Getal thread. Thank you.

-As Lil Wayne fan

Habib
February 12, 2012, 12:01 AM

Unfortunately their recent album was a flop. Still they are one of the most talented BD bands out there.

F6_Turbo
February 12, 2012, 12:56 AM
I'm sure this has been mentioned and discussed already, but I can't be bothered sifting through 34 pages of posts.

Why are there no post match interviews/awards? I don't mean $500 rewards for most sixes, best catch, best hair...but the standard, MoM and chat with the winning captain?

Mahir
February 12, 2012, 01:35 AM
Why are there no post match interviews/awards? I don't mean $500 rewards for most sixes, best catch, best hair...but the standard, MoM and chat with the winning captain?

There's been a post-game ceremony in every single match... :-|

Zeeshan
February 12, 2012, 01:38 AM

For reals?!?!? I too also thought there was no presentation ceremony. Delayed then...eh?

F6_Turbo
February 12, 2012, 01:56 AM
Serious...I knew the contacts were failing, and I've booked myself in for LASIK, but I didn't realize things were THIS bad.

My bad.

Razi
February 12, 2012, 02:02 AM
I'm sure this has been mentioned and discussed already, but I can't be bothered sifting through 34 pages of posts.

As Mahir said, there was post-match presentation in every game with $1000 for MoM and $500 for 'Most Sixes in an innings'.

Razi
February 12, 2012, 02:10 AM
BTW, can anyone clear the rules on foreign players in BPL? Is it mandatory to play 5 of them in every single match or is it just the highest number a team can play in a XI? In IPL, although the quota is of 4 foreign players but when teams had limited foreign players due to international commitments they played less than that and took local players instead.

Rabz
February 12, 2012, 03:43 AM
^^ Think its max 5, but not mandatory.

Nadim
February 12, 2012, 05:02 AM
As far as i concern, none our deshi batsman will make the top 10 run scorer, and except shakib, none of our deshi players will make the top 10 wk taker list.

It's not coz we crap. It's because overseas players seems getting more opportunity than deshi players on everything :sick:

Nadim
February 12, 2012, 05:31 AM
[বাংলা]দুরন্ত রাজশাহীর অধিনায়ক মুশফিকুর রহিমকে ২৫ হাজার টাকা জরিমানা করা হয়েছে। বরিশাল বার্নার্সের বিপক্ষে ফিল্ডিংয়ের সময় আম্পায়ারের সিদ্ধান্তে অসন্তোষ প্রকাশ করায় তার বিরুদ্ধে এই সিদ্ধান্ত।[/বাংলা]

http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=53e59252ac336ab9656b4291c8a53 6c3&nttl=2012021201231488196

and what does umpire gets??? that was a howler....shalara shob chagol

lamisa
February 12, 2012, 08:35 AM
mushy gets fined? grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Naimul_Hd
February 12, 2012, 09:00 AM
Knowing our bengali mentality and some of the franchisees, i just pray and hope that they wont behave badly with Foreign and local players for not winning matches.

I can imagine them saying: 'jitte na parle tk dibo ki magna magna'

amar11432
February 12, 2012, 09:08 AM
Its quite interesting that the Caption and Head Coach of BD national team have the $hittiest BPL teams. :umm:

MarufH
February 12, 2012, 10:04 AM
Highly impressed by Anamul's keeping and batting. Mark my word.. ei pula Mushyr vaat khaibo.

Habib
February 12, 2012, 10:21 AM
The attendance was again poor today.

amar11432
February 12, 2012, 10:34 AM
The host Shenna was saying nomiste yesterday but today she is consistantly saying mashalla, this chic is massively confused.

Naimul_Hd
February 12, 2012, 10:36 AM
The attendance was again poor today.

Heard that S.S.C exam is going on, and after 15-20 days there will be H.S.C exams. This is one of the biggest reasons of small audience.

MarufH
February 12, 2012, 10:45 AM
The host Shenna was saying nomiste yesterday but today she is consistantly saying mashalla, this chic is massively confused.

lol.. someone must've knocked some sense into her head that she is in BD. :p Btw.. looking forward to seeing her in yellow tomorrow. :100: >:)

Mahir
February 12, 2012, 11:24 AM
Knowing our bengali mentality and some of the franchisees, i just pray and hope that they wont behave badly with Foreign and local players for not winning matches.

You have a point. Although the owners seem to concede that "it's all part of the game" during in-game interviews, khelar pore board/dressing room e ki bole ke jane...

BANFAN
February 12, 2012, 11:51 AM
Heard that S.S.C exam is going on, and after 15-20 days there will be H.S.C exams. This is one of the biggest reasons of small audience.

Correct, govt should have delayed the exams.... :)

F6_Turbo
February 12, 2012, 12:02 PM

Just as long we don't get any...you BLACK this or that, I'll be ok with it. We lack tact sometimes, and a lot of people are clueless when it comes stuff like this.

Rifat H
February 12, 2012, 12:10 PM
Akta match o moja pailam na. Hopefully kalke akta close match hobe

BANFAN
February 12, 2012, 12:28 PM
^^ Their music video for 'Kobe' is quite a hit with my non-Bengali friends. And clearly the lead singer can sing in English too. Time for them to do a tour to UK and US cities with big expat communities i.e. London, New York, etc.?

Agree and had been saying it for ages too. Our band/rock music lacks marketing and commercializing... In fact our stadiums all over the country are reserved for Jatar-Anju gosh type programs, but "BAMBA/Band Music Assoc of BD" fails to take this music nationwide. First you have to learn to take it to our own people and that will give them the skills & money to take it to next level... Going international isn't all that easy or cheap ..given our Poor organizing abilities ... Ek army stadium based program dia ki Hobe...Tao kodachit..

NRBs should extend support...but you will not Get many support within the community, I can guarantee.

Dhakablues
February 12, 2012, 12:31 PM

WOW...I m glad that someone else has also noticed their extremely strong potential. Nemesis is really a very underrated group. Their new album is really fascinating..I played their english number ( Hold On) to someone and she couldn't believe that it was a Bangladeshi band playing the song, really well sung.. Yet, that English song wasn't even the best song of the album...

In the sub-continent, its Bangladeshis that rules Rock music, then Pakistan and India. Indians are unfortunate that their movie industry pretty much absorbs all their musicians and there are very few opportunities to perform Rock music in Bollywood movies ( hence comes James, Pakistani Ali Azmat etc.)

Equinox
February 12, 2012, 12:37 PM
Highly impressed by Anamul's keeping and batting. Mark my word.. ei pula Mushyr vaat khaibo.
Even if Mushfiq gets replaced as keeper his batting is good enough to keep him in the team. But Anamul has definitely proven that he deserves to be ahead of Jahirul and Dhiman.

MohammedC
February 12, 2012, 12:50 PM
Anamul Haque Bijoy:[বাংলা]টি-টোয়েন্টিতে আপনার আদর্শ ক্রিকেটার কে? প্রশ্নটা করতেই এনামুল উল্লেখ করলেন ক্যারিবীয় ব্যাটসম্যান ক্রিস গেইলের নাম।[/বাংলা]

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2012-02-12/news/224158

Nadim
February 12, 2012, 12:52 PM
Anamul Haque Bijoy:[বাংলা]টি-টোয়েন্টিতে আপনার আদর্শ ক্রিকেটার কে? প্রশ্নটা করতেই এনামুল উল্লেখ করলেন ক্যারিবীয় ব্যাটসম্যান ক্রিস গেইলের নাম।[/বাংলা]

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2012-02-12/news/224158

gd choice. never say TIK for T20 :-p

Navo
February 12, 2012, 01:48 PM
WOW...I m glad that someone else has also noticed their extremely strong potential. Nemesis is really a very underrated group. Their new album is really fascinating..I played their english number ( Hold On) to someone and she couldn't believe that it was a Bangladeshi band playing the song, really well sung.. Yet, that English song wasn't even the best song of the album...

In the sub-continent, its Bangladeshis that rules Rock music, then Pakistan and India. Indians are unfortunate that their movie industry pretty much absorbs all their musicians and there are very few opportunities to perform Rock music in Bollywood movies ( hence comes James, Pakistani Ali Azmat etc.)

Precisely why James is the 'rock star' that Bollywood turns to. Funnily enough, the famous song 'Bheegi Bheegi' sung by James for the movie Gangster was inspired by a West Bengali band, Mohiner Ghoraguli. It seems the Kolkata rock scene has faded slightly in recent years.

Besides Nemesis, Shunno is a great band too. Loved some of their tracks on their latest CD, "Gorbo Bangladesh" including the title track.

Navo
February 12, 2012, 01:56 PM
Agree and had been saying it for ages too. Our band/rock music lacks marketing and commercializing... In fact our stadiums all over the country are reserved for Jatar-Anju gosh type programs, but "BAMBA/Band Music Assoc of BD" fails to take this music nationwide. First you have to learn to take it to our own people and that will give them the skills & money to take it to next level... Going international isn't all that easy or cheap ..given our Poor organizing abilities ... Ek army stadium based program dia ki Hobe...Tao kodachit..

NRBs should extend support...but you will not Get many support within the community, I can guarantee.

I agree, more people need to be exposed to contemporary Bangla rock outside of the metros. We have far more than just LRB and Miles and Souls (though they're great too) I don't think money would be an issue - at least to take a band and their equipment to the heavily NRB populated cities in London, New York, etc. But it is, as you pointed out, an issue of acceptance. Would the NRBs support them and come to their tours, like they do when Runa Laila, Sabina Yasmin and Momtaz tour? Possibly not.

On the flip side, NRB parents may approve of the fact that enthusiasm for Bangla rock bands actually gets their kids to learn some Bangla haha

simon
February 12, 2012, 03:40 PM
my thoughts :) Zohad can cover U2 beautifully.
i am a die hard artcell fan. I mean this a band who has so much potential and guess they are not even taking music as their profession. Tells the story that they dont make enough money with music.

Nemesis,aurthohin,shunno,shironamhin are all mainstream but what i mean is that they don't get anough exposure in terms of media.

some underground bands are recall,sign of cross, auleek.
agree, one more thing our bands lack is music videos, which is why they remain un noticed .

Unfortunately their recent album was a flop. Still they are one of the most talented BD bands out there.

are you kiddin? ok, u live in Dhaka so u know better but Nemesis' Trityo Jatra was the best BD rock album I listened too.

absolutely right bro! Zohad is an amazing vocal. & Maher is such a good guitarist.

rakib08
February 12, 2012, 04:08 PM
gd choice. never say TIK for T20 :-p
BPL T20 Highlights: Young Bangladeshi Anamul’s impressive innings
http://onlinewatchsport.com/watch-live-bpl-t20-highlights-young-bangladeshi-anamul-haque-impressive-innings-online/

Zeeshan
February 12, 2012, 04:45 PM
Most Sixes So Far

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-premier-league-2012/engine/records/batting/most_sixes_career.html?id=7188;type=tournament

Can Anam or a BD player lead? :D

Mahir
February 12, 2012, 04:49 PM
Agree with each and every post of Nadim. And I don't see how Gayle's picture is "offensive" or "childish".

Nadim & Bagher Bachcha can easily go in the same sentence most of the times.

TigerEz
February 12, 2012, 07:33 PM
BPL.
We might see Chris Gayle in the
whole tournament.After seeing his
impact on the team Barisal
Management is trying to keep him
for the whole tournament.Chris
Gayle himself has shown Barisal
management a way.Gayle er South
African T20 team Dolphin e 19-29
Feb khelar kotha chilo.Jodi Barisal
management oi koyta game er
jonne Dolphin ke pay kore dey
(Jeita Dolphin Gayle er jonne pay
korse) then Gayle can play in
BPL.That might cost Barisal around
2 & Half lakh dollars more.But
barisal management is pretty
desperate and sources says they
are willing to pay the money to
come to an understanding with
Dolphins. source facebook

firstlane
February 12, 2012, 08:18 PM
what happens in facebook stays in facebook.

Naimul_Hd
February 12, 2012, 09:10 PM
2 exciting matches today.

BB vs KRB
CTG vs DG

(my prediction: these 4 teams prolly play in the semi's too)

Night_wolf
February 12, 2012, 10:05 PM
ticket er price bole komano hoise..keu ki notun price list janen?..aksoptah hoye galo paper porina

Naimul_Hd
February 12, 2012, 10:16 PM
ticket er price bole komano hoise..keu ki notun price list janen?..aksoptah hoye galo paper porina

Revised price

East Gallery: 200 taka
North-South Gallery: 400 taka
Club House: 1000 taka
International gallery: 2000 taka
Grand Stand 5000 taka
Hospitality box & Corporate box 12,000 taka

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=39807

dash
February 12, 2012, 10:54 PM
http://www.exchange4media.com/45353_ess-airs-inaugural-bangladesh-premier-league.html

broadcast-ed in 80- countries!

amar11432
February 13, 2012, 02:42 AM
lol.. someone must've knocked some sense into her head that she is in BD. :p Btw.. looking forward to seeing her in yellow tomorrow. :100: >:)

Hahaha good call. :-p

http://i40.tinypic.com/f20rbq.jpg

WarWolf
February 13, 2012, 04:27 AM
Rajshahi bought Asif Ahmed. But probably he is not playing. Can anyone tell what happened to him?

Sorry if the topic is already discussed. :)

Murad
February 13, 2012, 04:33 AM
Rajshahi bought Asif Ahmed. But probably he is not playing. Can anyone tell what happened to him?

Sorry if the topic is already discussed. :)

he played in the last game.

Night_wolf
February 13, 2012, 08:39 AM
with only 6 team in the competition was 2 semi finals needed?..i mean because 4 of the 6 team will qualify the chance of qualification is high and may be long before the league stage ends we will find out the names of the 4 teams..and the rest 2/3 games for each side could get meaningless

IMHO they should have let the highest ranked team after the league stage ended to go straight in the final and number 2 and 3 play it out in a semi..it would have brought more competition for that number 1 spot

Navo
February 13, 2012, 09:09 AM
Bossman needs to take more wickets. I'd also like to see him bat for more than 2 balls.

fuadomar
February 13, 2012, 09:31 AM
deshi 6 ta player er moddhe 4 ta bat pay tar moddhe 2 tai run out hoye jai. To name a few in this endless list, i can remember imrul, mithun, faysal,jahurul...
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

mufi_02
February 13, 2012, 09:34 AM
Tamim khele na ken? Injuryr kotha boila kono jhogra korse mone hoy. Bevan ar Dean Jones ekhon pani tante dise.

BANFAN
February 13, 2012, 10:48 AM
Good day for BD boys ....

F6_Turbo
February 13, 2012, 11:00 AM
Good couple of days - the crowd yesterday was very loud, and the numbers have started to build.

Crowd numbers today were excellent. Good to see fans getting creative too!

HereWeGo
February 13, 2012, 11:56 AM
Dickens re je keno team e nai.....
Left arm diye slow ball korlei SLA howa jai na!!

Awla
February 13, 2012, 11:59 AM
Dickens re je keno team e nai.....
Left arm diye slow ball korlei SLA howa jai na!!
Tamim fit hole dickens r jaiga pab na...

Dhakablues
February 13, 2012, 12:03 PM
Yes, I am really glad to see some supporters turning out ( And Neha Dhupia correctly mentioned the state of affairs of the match and Ashraful's name).. I have to say that the BPL is looking exactly like a pre-IPL event... Heck the ads, interviews, missing first bowl due to ad.. all looks like a IPL type tourney. Neverthless, I hope next time ( if there is one) they make it better and more Bangladeshi than Indian..

One interesting thing I noticed today that I didnt see other days was, during the Chittagong vs. Dhaka match,, Murli, Bravo, Cooper or another foreign player discussing strategy in between the overs but Riad was not there.. I was little bit buzzled on who was leading the team. Not that they can't have discussions but I STILL havent seen Riad talking to his foreign recruits when the match was getting tighter with Pollard, Stevens suddenly started blasting.

On the other hand, Bravo, Murli seemed very concerned and discussing things with each other... maybe not a big deal but I think our domestic captains arent really comfortable yet with their foreign recruits..

Awla
February 13, 2012, 12:11 PM
I think Shakib and Mashrafe has been comfortable with foreign recruits so far

Habib
February 13, 2012, 12:22 PM
^It's all about their personality.

Nadim
February 13, 2012, 01:19 PM
[বাংলা]এনসিএলও পাচ্ছে বিপিএলের টাকার ভাগ
[/বাংলা]

[বাংলা]ঢাকা: বাংলাদেশ প্রিমিয়ার লিগ (বিপিএল)’র টাকার ভাগ পাচ্ছে এনসিএল টি-টোয়েন্টি’র ক্লাবগুলোও। ঢাকা প্রিমিয়ার লিগের ১২ দলকে যে ভাবে দেওয়া হয়েছে তাদেরকেও আলোচনা সাপেক্ষে টাকা দেবে বিসিবি।

৮ ফেব্রুয়ারি বিসিবি’র জরুরী সভায় নীতিগত সিদ্ধান্ত হয়, এনসিএলকেও টাকা দেবে। তবে কত টাকা করে দেওয়া হবে সে বিষয়ে কোন সিদ্ধান্ত হয়নি। বিসিবি পরিচালক গাজী আশরাফ হোসেন লিপু সোমবার বাংলানিউজকে বলেন,‘সভাপতি দেশে ফিরিলেই এনসিএলের ছয় দলের সঙ্গে আলোচনায় বসবো। সেখানেই সিদ্ধান্ত হবে তাদেরকে কত টাকা করে দেওয়া হবে।’

২০১০ সালে প্রথমবারের মতো জাতীয় ক্রিকেট লিগ টি-টোয়েন্টি প্রতিযোগিতার আয়োজন করে। ঢাকা ডিনামাইটস, সাইক্লোনস অব চিটাগং, রাজশাহী রেঞ্জার্স, কিংস অব খুলনা, বরিশাল ব্লেজার্স এই ছয়টি দলকে বিভিন্ন কর্পোরেট প্রতিষ্ঠানের কাছে বিক্রি করে বিসিবি। আয়োজনটা সফলও হয়। পরের বছর ২০১১ সালে ওই প্রতিযোগিতা আর হয়নি। এনসিএল’র পরিবর্তে বিসিবি এখন আয়োজন করছে বিপিএল।

বিপিএল আত্মপ্রকাশ করায় দুই কোটি টাকা করে ক্ষতিপুরণ দাবি করেছে এনসিএলের ছয় দলের কর্পোরেট মালিকরা। বিসিবিকে আনুষ্ঠানিক চিঠি দিয়ে আইনি লড়াইয়ে যাওয়ার হুমকিও দিয়ে রেখেছে তারা।

যেভাবে বিপিএলের টাকায় ভাগ বসাচ্ছে বিভিন্ন ক্লাব। এভাবে চলতে থাকলে একদিন হয়তো দেশের জেলা এবং বিভাগীয় ক্লাব কর্মকর্তারাও টাকার ভাগ নিতে বিসিবির বারান্দায় হাজির হবে। :lol::floor: [/বাংলা]

http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=1cea629cd21eb8d3e013d04c79b1c 32e&nttl=2012021308071488669

TigerEz
February 13, 2012, 03:47 PM

whaoo she looks so beautiful in saree...

TigerEz
February 13, 2012, 04:35 PM
anyone have highlights of todays matches?

Equinox
February 13, 2012, 07:02 PM
No Bangladeshis in the Top 10 run scorers of the BPL so far :facepalm:

Elias Sunny is second in the wickets list with five wickets

Murad
February 13, 2012, 07:34 PM
No Bangladeshis in the Top 10 run scorers of the BPL so far :facepalm:

Elias Sunny is second in the wickets list with five wickets

Top ten e thakbe ki kore jodi no.1-4/5 e bideshira bat kore.

MohammedC
February 13, 2012, 07:38 PM
Top ten e thakbe ki kore jodi no.1-4/5 e bideshira bat kore.

Murad has got a very valid point

BANFAN
February 14, 2012, 06:33 AM
whaoo she looks so beautiful in saree...

You like Sharee, that's why ... :)

idrinkh2O
February 14, 2012, 12:36 PM
Muralitharan Praised about the BPL Tournament. (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showpost.php?p=1471521&postcount=1) :)

Tigers_eye
February 14, 2012, 12:53 PM
top 10, hahaha!! Shujog chilo. Captain/Icon lukailo. Jei gula shujog pailo ta pura nosto korlo. (Mithun)

Equinox
February 14, 2012, 01:02 PM
Yes that's not the issue. There have been plenty of BD players who have been given the opportunity to bat in the Top 4 but none have made it count other than Mizanur in one innings. In fact only 2 fifties from BD batsmen so far: Mizanur and Alok. Really disappointing.

Dhakablues
February 14, 2012, 01:21 PM
Well in that respect, BPL is a success... we can see how much we lack in the attacking batting front. I hope that these players will learn few things from being at the pitch with Gayle, Pollard, Steven like players. Even if 5 players learn something new, its good ( rather expensive way to learn but..)

Jadukor
February 14, 2012, 11:07 PM
So far the performance of Mashrafi, Mahmudullah, Arafat Sunny and to an extent Kapali was good in my opinion. I am not mentioning Shakib because he is in a league of his own.

I expected Anamul, Mominul, Nasir, Nazimuddin to at least get decent scores in the opportunities that they got. It seems our players are unable to play two good consecutive innings in any format. Hoping for a much better show from the bowlers as well as the batsman in the upcoming matches.

The objective of BPL should not be to create a platform for Foreign players to come here and bash the local bowlers to glory... it must be to showcase the talent we have as well and to prove that we can compete at least at the shortest version of the game. So far the games have been competitive but only due to the contributions of the foreign players. I understand we are not accustomed to T-20... but now that the second leg of the tournament is about to begin I would like to see at least our national stars stepping up a gear and dictating terms in the game rather than hiding behind the shadow of Gayle, Pollard etc.

Tiger444
February 14, 2012, 11:15 PM
Just goes to show how our batsmen lack professionalism. You can see how the foreign batsmen have been batting and you can see the difference. Even big hitters like Pollard and Gayle convert their starts in to big scores. That's what defines you as a player. Unfortunately for our players, it's been a consistent struggle to cash in on their starts. So that's still a huge flaw in their games. No surprise that our spinners have done very well.

22Yards
February 14, 2012, 11:40 PM
So far the performance of Mashrafi, Mahmudullah, Arafat Sunny and to an extent Kapali was good in my opinion. I am not mentioning Shakib because he is in a league of his own.

I expected Anamul, Mominul, Nasir, Nazimuddin to at least get decent scores in the opportunities that they got. It seems our players are unable to play two good consecutive innings in any format. Hoping for a much better show from the bowlers as well as the batsman in the upcoming matches.

Nasir did not get two consecutive chances yet. The one he got, he did well.

PoorFan
February 14, 2012, 11:56 PM
It is alarming to see none of BD players [except Alok and Nasir? once] yet to score a 50 innings! Talk about learning from big names, yeah.

Murad
February 15, 2012, 12:00 AM
^^^
Mizanur

Nasir bat korse mone hoi only 1 innings.

Tigers_eye
February 15, 2012, 12:15 AM
I am waiting for Jaharul to have a breakout game. Anamul is a breth of fresh air.

In any case Mushi's seat should be hot.

Dhakablues
February 15, 2012, 03:07 AM
The performace proves there arent players who are 'Only' good at T20 and not in other formats. In other words, T20 will not destroy our cricket. If you are a crap player, you will remain a crap player even in T20 ( i.e., bangladeshi batsmen) and if you are technically solid player ( Gayle, Nazir, Pollard, Samuels, J. Roy etc.) you will succeed even in T20 and ODIs.

However, I am not too dissapointed yet... Bangladeshi players DONT play T20 cricket and does not know the technique required to pace innings. We will get there just as we got there for ODI matches as we started to play more and more matches..BPL will be a turning point for our cricketers as they will work on their skills more, learn more from quality international players and take their game more seriously due to the 'auction' factor!!

patriot
February 15, 2012, 08:04 AM
Impressed with Mahmudullah today . Played that near perfect T20 batting role , good strike rate , played great cricketing shots , rotated singles at will and guided his team home like every proper leader does .

Shahriar Nafees on the other hand can stay at home and play PS3 International cricket 2011 or help his wife with the dishes . How can an international Opener who is also an icon player and captain not come to the team's rescue in a winnable chase after the fall of five wickets is beyond any stretch of imagination.

Night_wolf
February 15, 2012, 09:08 AM
Nazmul the step son of Bangladesh cricket...bechara valo kheleo BD team e obanchito r akhon BPL o khelte partesena because dhaka has already mash...becharar kopaltai kharap

Tigers_eye
February 15, 2012, 09:32 AM
^^^
Mizanur

Nasir bat korse mone hoi only 1 innings.
What a strike rate Nasir had today. Very disappointing.

lamisa
February 15, 2012, 10:47 AM
all the teams seemed to have hired models to support their teams from the stands

MarufH
February 15, 2012, 10:58 AM

Whhooaaa... she did look vewie pretty. :) Although this is not the best shot. Thanks though..

Night_wolf
February 15, 2012, 11:09 AM
I am waiting for Jaharul to have a breakout game. Anamul is a breth of fresh air.

In any case Mushi's seat should be hot.

atm mushy seems safe

Rifat H
February 15, 2012, 11:17 AM
বিপিএল ফ্রেঞ্চাইজিরা খেলোয়াড় বাড়াতে পারবে

ঢাকা: বাংলাদেশ প্রিমিয়ার লিগ (বিপিএল)’র বেশ কয়েকটি দলে খেলোয়াড় সঙ্কট দেখা দিয়েছে। সংখ্যায় ১৮ জন থাকলেও চোট অনেককে খেলার বাইরে পাঠিয়েছে। যারা আছেন মানের দিক থেকে তারাও প্রত্যাশিত নয়।

ফলে আরও কয়েকজন ক্রিকেটার দলে ভেড়াতে মরিয়া হয়ে উঠেছে ফ্রেঞ্চাইজি দলগুলো। কোন কোন দল বিদেশ থেকে খেলোয়াড় উড়িয়েও এনেছে। খেলাতে পারছিলো না বিপিএল গভর্নিং কাউন্সিলের অনুমোদন না থাকায়। বুধবার সে বাধাও কেটে গেছে। বিপিএল গভর্নিং কাউন্সিল জরুরী রুলিং দিয়ে দলগুলোকে দেশি এবং বিদেশি খেলোয়াড় নেওয়ার অনুমতি দিয়েছে। একটি দল আরও চারজন করে ক্রিকেটার কিনতে পরবেন। তারমধ্যে দেশের দুই জন এবং বিদেশের দুই জন।

বিপিএল গভর্নিং কাউন্সিল জানিয়েছে, দেশের ক্রিকেটার নিতে হবে নিলামে অবিক্রিত খেলোয়াড় তালিকা থেকে। আর বিদেশি আনতে পারবে যে কোন দেশ থেকে। তাদের মান নির্ধারণ করবে বিপিএল গভর্নিং কাউন্সিল।

সিলেট রয়্যালস এরই মধ্যে বিদেশি ক্রিকেটার আনার উদ্যোগ নিয়েছে। অপেক্ষায় আছে বাকিরাও। বরিশাল বার্নার্সও সুযোগটা কাজে লাগাতে চায়। সেক্ষেত্রে প্রতি দলে ২২ জন করে ক্রিকেটার রাখা যাবে।

mufi_02
February 15, 2012, 11:40 AM
^^ Chance for Drama Queen Rok to get a team?

I wonder how hes feeling seeing every single A/B/C grade cricketers playing in BPL and he is left out.

oronnya
February 15, 2012, 12:41 PM

I wonder how hes feeling seeing every single A/B/C grade cricketers playing in BPL and he is left out.

Yeah feel for him :( ...

HereWeGo
February 15, 2012, 01:27 PM

Cuz he is D grade!!!

No body in their right mind should pick him for T20...
Our national selectors are a different story altogether..

Dilscoop
February 15, 2012, 01:34 PM
Next season they should get DRS. That should rub some dirt on IPL.

Roni_uk
February 15, 2012, 01:54 PM
I see crapinfo finally puts a BPL link to their front page!!

Murad
February 15, 2012, 02:02 PM
I see crapinfo finally puts a BPL link to their front page!!

Because BPL onek hit paitese. Many people around the world following it on CI. Ora always jeta popular sheta front page e dei. Ar Indiar ta to alada.

Rinathq
February 15, 2012, 02:25 PM
basically they can sign any international... I would go for those amazing names rejected in IPL. For example: Swann, Anderson, O Brien, Siddle, Doherty, Tshtobe, Southee, Tharanga, Klinger and so on. From BPL list, I would say go for Marshall, Nannes

Murad
February 15, 2012, 02:26 PM
^^^
Swann, Anderson, Siddle, Doherty, Tshtobe, Southee, Tharanga

These players are not available.

Rinathq
February 15, 2012, 02:30 PM
why not?

MohammedC
February 15, 2012, 02:32 PM
Travis Birt : Thats who I want to see more. Highest Run scorer in Big Bash.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/big-bash-league-2011/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?id=6538;type=tournament

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ocEnKXCJgnw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rinathq
February 15, 2012, 02:51 PM
Gayle will play his match tomorrow......

MohammedC
February 15, 2012, 03:20 PM
Tamim, Jones in bust-up?

Bangladesh opener Tamim Iqbal has become the subject of a new speculation after he was not included in the Chittagong Kings line-up for the third consecutive Bangladesh Premier League matches on Wednesday.

Kings said Tamim was left out of the matches for a groin injury he picked up during this tournament, but sources close to the team said it was not everything for him to be overlooked.

The opener had a bust-up with team’s technical director Dean Jones during a pre-match training session on Monday, which left the team management and fellow coaching staff heavily angered.

Head coach Khaled Mahmud had asked Jones if Tamim needed to pad up for a knock and the Australian having been oblivious of his injury initially nodded positively.

When Tamim padded up Jones realised that he has a groin injury and should not risk aggravating it. He rushed to Tamim and asked him not to go to the nets. Tamim reacted sharply at the request and allegedly used a slang which did not go well with the others.

Tamim denied the allegation and said nothing like this happened during the warm-up.

‘I am really surprised to know about this allegation. It’s not true at all,’ Tamim told New Age. ‘I could not play the last three matches for injury. There is no other story in it.

‘I am now feeling a lot better. Hopefully I will play in Chittagong,’ said the left-hander.

Chittagong Kings captain Mahmudullah also supported his claim and said their icon player Tamim was left out of three matches simply because of injury.

Tamim had faced a fitness test today and he looked 70 to 80 per cent okay now. Hopefully he will play very soon if not in the next match.

Chittagong Kings will face Barisal Burners in their next match today.

http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/sports/50456.html

Dilscoop
February 15, 2012, 04:05 PM
Knowing Tamim and his history, it could be very true.

MohammedC
February 15, 2012, 04:31 PM
Why so many empty seats?

“The overall quality of cricket is somehow not all that appealing. It's not like a must-watch,” said Fahmim, a producer at ABC Radio, who is a regular at the Mirpur venue during international matches. “The star value is actually pretty good, given the packed international calendar at the moment. Maybe there aren't too many big names of today but there are some good quality players in the league.”

Fahmim also mentioned the lack of runs and wickets from the local players that could work against drawing a big crowd. “Barring Mahmudullah today [Wednesday], none of the local players have been the standout in any match,” he said.

BC member chinaman_f

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=222552

Dilscoop
February 15, 2012, 04:37 PM
China is the MAN.

To add to Fahim's 2 cents, it's nothing new, same old same old. What's new in BPL that people already haven't seen in the IPL over the last couple of years? They failed to be original (typical).

Also, to build more enthusiasm teams have to locate their "home" in their actual city, instead of playing all the games in Mirpur from season to. So Barisal, Sylath, Khulna, Rajshai improve your area!

TigerEz
February 15, 2012, 04:40 PM
how come we havent seen hamid hasan, imran tahir, fidel edwards, lendl simons and many other forieghn players?

Tigers_eye
February 15, 2012, 04:45 PM
China is the MAN.

To add to Fahim's 2 cents, it's nothing new, same old same old. What's new in BPL that people already haven't seen in the IPL over the last couple of years? They failed to be original (typical).

Also, to build more enthusiasm teams have to locate their "home" in their actual city, instead of playing all the games in Mirpur from season to. So Barisal, Sylath, Khulna, Rajshai improve your area!
The window is too little. Traveling would make it a two month event. That would collide with another league. The top attraction, foreign players would leave. That would leave this league in shambles.

The best thing to do is to upgrade the infrastructure and get other nations involved. Get few fringe players from SL, Eng and Aus.

mufi_02
February 15, 2012, 04:55 PM
Knowing Tamim and his history, it could be very true.

Yeah I think so too. Ei polar ki asholei kono kam kaj nai. Kotha nai barta nai shobar shatei khali jhogra lagai. Yes, the media might fabricate and exaggerate the story. But why is it only Tamim that always comes up with such scandals.

zsayeed
February 15, 2012, 06:30 PM
as only the franchise owners and their friends have made all the noise.

“The overall quality of cricket is somehow not all that appealing. It's not like a must-watch,”

legitimacy of some of the matches.

loud marketing schemes of the tournament and the franchises that have put off some of the regular cricket-watchers

too many “Bollywood” cards

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=222552

Dilscoop
February 15, 2012, 06:30 PM
The window is too little. Traveling would make it a two month event. That would collide with another league. The top attraction, foreign players would leave. That would leave this league in shambles.

The best thing to do is to upgrade the infrastructure and get other nations involved. Get few fringe players from SL, Eng and Aus.
Lol traveling would make longer season? How big do you think Bangladesh is? Even if so, decrease the number of games.

At w/e cost teams have to locate their headquarters, otherwise there will never be any rivalry. And what's a sport w/o it?

dash
February 15, 2012, 07:24 PM
any good link for highlights

Night_wolf
February 16, 2012, 05:36 AM
i am really impressed with opu,nabil samad and arafat sunny these 3 uncapped SLA

Mahir
February 16, 2012, 05:59 AM
At w/e cost teams have to locate their headquarters, otherwise there will never be any rivalry. And what's a sport w/o it?

You are thinking in terms of North America's major league sports. Rivalries based on geographic locations are not a reality for a country like Bangladesh, where everything is so central to Dhaka. Other cities may have/will have international standard grounds, but will not be able to support the logistics of a big-budget franchise.

F6_Turbo
February 16, 2012, 08:28 AM
Huge crowd tonight - best of the tournament so far...17k+

Very good to see. The support for Dhaka has been pretty awesome to see, hopefully Chittagong will get similar levels of support when the show heads down there.

HereWeGo
February 16, 2012, 09:31 AM
I really like Dean/Bevan and Ian Pont as coaches. They are really trying to give chances to the local players to make their mark. I dont think any other team would continuosly give chances to Anamul or Jahirul even after repeated failiure... neither bat Zia ahead of Bravo....

Not to mention Dhaka and Chittagong are also the most successful teams in the competition...

F6_Turbo
February 16, 2012, 11:24 AM
Brilliant atmosphere...and you think these are mickey mouse matches, and no one cares? Tell that to the thousands in the stands praying their little hearts away.

Allah....please...Allah, ei match jitle, for the next month, I'll pray 5 times a day! Allah please....

Tigers_eye
February 16, 2012, 01:33 PM
Lol traveling would make longer season? How big do you think Bangladesh is? Even if so, decrease the number of games.

Dillu, it is not the distance. It is the roads and traffic. Do you know how long it takes to travel from Radisson to Mirpur? Heck making it back? It would take a whole day just to recover from the intercity travel Dhaka to Bogura, Raj to Khulna, etc. Decreasing the number of game would reduce revenue. TV revenues and others things; not an option.

I agree with you on decentralization and rivalry 110%. That is only how our cricket will improve and remain at that level. Not just a bump and then go back down. But we don't have the infrastructure or the trust (faith on people who would run autonomy shows).

Nadim
February 16, 2012, 01:46 PM
Abdur Razzak lalla is finish. I can see it...

Nadim
February 16, 2012, 02:54 PM
t
Barisal Burners' Pakistani batsman Ahmed Shehzad has been fined for misconduct. Shehzad was reported by the umpires of the Burners' game against Chittagong Kings for damaging the pitch and misbehaving with the curator before the start of the match.

Following a hearing BPL Match Referee ASM Roquibul Hassan fined Shehzad BDT 30,000.00 (Taka Thirty Thousand).

The match referee said: This kind of action by an experienced playeris totally unacceptable and it tantamounts to seriously damaging the image and spirit of the game.

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showpost.php?p=4611128&postcount=1

What an idiot BB have:sick:

simon
February 16, 2012, 03:22 PM
even the discarded or "yet to play" Pakistani players are better than our superstars, specially in T20s :sick:

TigerEz
February 16, 2012, 04:54 PM
wat happened to mashrafe today?

Tigers_eye
February 16, 2012, 04:55 PM
even the discarded or "yet to play" Pakistani players are better than our superstars, specially in T20s :sick:
Do you know when they started their domestic 20 over games? Practice makes a man .....

Tiger444
February 16, 2012, 05:01 PM
Abdur Razzak lalla is finish. I can see it...

Unless Razzak picks it up, he shouldn't be in the team for the Asia Cup. The other SLA's have looked better then him. Shuvo has also been really poor. Enamul, Arafat, Elias have been a lot more impressive.

Nadim
February 16, 2012, 05:14 PM
Unless Razzak picks it up, he shouldn't be in the team for the Asia Cup. The other SLA's have looked better then him. Shuvo has also been really poor. Enamul, Arafat, Elias have been a lot more impressive.

There is at least 3 SLA bowler who deserves to play for the NAts atm ahead of Razzak. It's not just based on BPL, also based on DPL and ncl. They are Elias sunny, MH Rubel, Enamul JR.
SAQLAIN SHAJIB and Arafat sunny r not too far either. So Shuvo and Razzak can say gd bye to nats for long time, and perhaps forever...

Tiger444
February 16, 2012, 06:42 PM
There is at least 3 SLA bowler who deserves to play for the NAts atm ahead of Razzak. It's not just based on BPL, also based on DPL and ncl. They are Elias sunny, MH Rubel, Enamul JR.
SAQLAIN SHAJIB and Arafat sunny r not too far either. So Shuvo and Razzak can say gd bye to nats for long time, and perhaps forever...

Agreed. Razzak even in this tournament has continued to slip his deliveries down leg side. We gotta face it that Razzak isn't the same bowler he used to be. After he changed his action he's not as good anymore. I don't think Shuvo is a bad bowler but he's certainly not anything special. He's more of a darter then a spinner and is also not even accurate. Can't have those type of bowlers in the team.

I actually disagree on Saqlain. He hasn't really impressed me all that much. He doesn't turn the ball all that much and doesn't seem that accurate, he does like to give the ball flight, I'll give him that but don't see him being all that special.

I forgot about MH Rubel. He's been pretty good as well. Along with him, Arafat and Enamul have been impressive. Nazmul Islam also has looked good but seems he needs time before he can be ready for the national team. Shakib and Sunny obviously have proved once again why they are the best SLA's in the country at the moment. I would be happy if the selectors take either Enamul, Arafat, or MH Rubel for the Asia Cup.

senman
February 16, 2012, 08:02 PM
HI Friends, I have been inactive so long. Where can I follow BPL? any youtube links for live matches.

Also please recommend a team to follow, whichever is playing the most exciting cricket (Doesn't matter whether they win or not).

idrinkh2O
February 16, 2012, 08:34 PM
HI Friends, I have been inactive so long. Where can I follow BPL? any youtube links for live matches.

Also please recommend a team to follow, whichever is playing the most exciting cricket (Doesn't matter whether they win or not).

Welcome back :)

There are 6 teams. You can find most of the info in BPL Schedule and Match and Fan Threads (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=39904) (Post # 1 --> updated daily & # 17)

The Barishal Burners (Chris Gayle's team)
The Chittagong Kings (Tamim, Mahmudullah, bravo's team)
The Dhaka Gladiators (Mashrafe, Ashraful, Afridi's team...though Afridi ditched us)
The Khulna Royal Bengals (Shakib's team) Our former captain of BD
The Duronto Rajshahis (Mushfiq's team) Our current captain of BD
The Sylhet Royals (Alok Kapali, Peter Trego, Kamran Akmal's team) --> Our head-coach Mr. Law is their coach!

**I would say the most exciting team at the moment is Duronto Rajshahi 'cause they lost the first 2 games and then won 3 games in a row. Another good team at the moment is Chittagong Kings. Dhaka and Khulna are powerful too. Barishal without Chris Gayle looks ordinary. Sylthet is yet to win a game.

Here is the nice summary of the game/team performances so far: Midpoint Review : Team by Team Key points (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=39981) (Post # 1)

No youtube links for live matches. But here are a couple of links to watch the game live:
http://www.jagobd.com/search/label/Channel%209
http://criccrazy.net/
and many more. :)

For Live score:
http://digicricket.marssil.com/Default.aspx
http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-premier-league-2012/content/current/series/547342.html

-----

Hope it helps :)

oronnya
February 16, 2012, 09:13 PM

You can watch it here: http://www.jagobd.com/search/label/Channel%209

and about supporting a team... mmm support Khulna Royal Bengal :D :D...

senman
February 16, 2012, 09:24 PM
Welcome back :)

There are 6 teams. You can find most of the info in BPL Schedule and Match and Fan Threads (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=39904) (Post # 1 --> updated daily & # 17)

The Barishal Burners (Chris Gayle's team)
The Chittagong Kings (Tamim, Mahmudullah, bravo's team)
The Dhaka Gladiators (Mashrafe, Ashraful, Afridi's team...though Afridi ditched us)
The Khulna Royal Bengals (Shakib's team) Our former captain of BD
The Duronto Rajshahis (Mushfiq's team) Our current captain of BD
The Sylhet Royals (Alok Kapali, Peter Trego, Kamran Akmal's team) --> Our head-coach Mr. Law is their coach!

**I would say the most excited team at the moment is Duronto Rajshahi 'cause they lost the first 2 games and then won 3 games in a row. Another good team at the moment is Chittagong Kings. Dhaka and Khulna are powerful too. Barishal without Chris Gayle looks ordinary. Sylthet is yet to win a game.

Here is the nice summary of the game/team performances so far: Midpoint Review : Team by Team Key points (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=39981) (Post # 1)

No youtube links for live matches. But here are a couple of links to watch the game live:
http://www.jagobd.com/search/label/Channel%209
http://criccrazy.net/
and many more. :)

For Live score:
http://digicricket.marssil.com/Default.aspx
http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-premier-league-2012/content/current/series/547342.html

-----

Hope it helps :)

WOW great .

Complete info , thank you very much.

:clap:

Going to follow -> Duronto Rajshahi

@ oronnya

Thank you , All the best for Shakib's team but I have a habit of choosing one team and sticking throughout. I think Rajshahi will win the tournament :)

M.H.Rubel
February 17, 2012, 12:01 AM

Correct.We are far behind the other test teams.Their discards are far better than our superstars in any format.
This tournament is poking us our quality.None of our local boys are performing better than retired or national discards of other test country.

Zeeshan
February 17, 2012, 12:04 AM
SO I had to learn from fb that Moahmmad Isam...sorry Sami scored a hattrick? The hell y'all promoting if you are scared as chicken--- to open threads highlighting main events. Or has it been overlooked because he's a Pakistani dude? Watever. A hattrick is a hattrick.

Dhakablues
February 17, 2012, 01:07 AM
And all 3 of em were clean bowled out.. can you believe it?

simon
February 17, 2012, 07:02 AM
so when are they coming back to Dhaka, i mean how many matches will be played in CTG?

Mahir
February 17, 2012, 07:11 AM
so when are they coming back to Dhaka, i mean how many matches will be played in CTG?

Here's the complete updated schedule of the BPL :

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showpost.php?p=1464630&postcount=1

simon
February 17, 2012, 07:34 AM
^^thank u Mahir bh.

Out_You_Go
February 17, 2012, 07:37 AM
After seeing the Rajshahi Vs. Dhaka match, i figured out 3 fun facts :-

1. Mushy >>> Ashraful
2. Samuel > Pollard
and off course
3. Digital Autocare > Europa Grp. :D

M.H.Rubel
February 17, 2012, 08:51 AM
First round completed.Most of the team has compleated 5 matches.Some analysis can be done regarding performance.
Our local bowlers are not doing bad.Sunny is the heighest wicket taker followed by Enan jn.Total 3 bowlers at top ten,Shakib at no 7.But no local pacer.Only mash at 11.
Batting was a total failure.None at top 10.Kapali,Riyad,Mushy and Junayed at 13-16.It is a complete failure of our local heros.Unknown paki batsman are doing better than our local heroes.How come all WI batsman doing better than local heroes?
To me this tourney is an eye opener of our quality in comparison to international standard.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Tiger Manc
February 17, 2012, 09:23 AM
Anyone seen this comment from Darren Stevens on twitter?
http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/1791648406/image_normal.jpg
Stevo208 (http://twitter.com/#!/Stevo208) Darren Ian Stevens @

<S>@</S>Shreck (http://twitter.com/Shreck) they sorted u accom out? Bangerland is going ok pal.

14 Feb (http://twitter.com/#!/Stevo208/status/169341431662649346)

I find referring our beloved country as 'Bangerland' insulting, disrespectful and offensive. If he doesn't like our country then don't come here. He is getting paid a lot of money for 3 weeks' work and has been offered accomodation at a nice hotel. The least he can do is refer to our country as Bangladesh. In fact I would say it sounds borderline racist. This comment is unacceptable and Ian Pont should ask him to remove it from his account.

Source: http://twitter.com/stevo208

HereWeGo
February 17, 2012, 09:37 AM
Anyone seen this comment from Darren Stevens on twitter?
http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/1791648406/image_normal.jpg
Stevo208 (http://twitter.com/#!/Stevo208) Darren Ian Stevens @

<S>@</S>Shreck (http://twitter.com/Shreck) they sorted u accom out? Bangerland is going ok pal.

14 Feb (http://twitter.com/#!/Stevo208/status/169341431662649346)

I find referring our beloved country as 'Bangerland' insulting, disrespectful and offensive. If he doesn't like our country then don't come here. He is getting paid a lot of money for 3 weeks' work and has been offered accomodation at a nice hotel. The least he can do is refer to our country as Bangladesh. In fact I would say it sounds borderline racist. This comment is unacceptable and Ian Pont should ask him to remove it from his account.

Source: http://twitter.com/stevo208

Grow up!! There is nothing offensive....

F6_Turbo
February 17, 2012, 09:45 AM
Meh...no biggie.

England - Ingurland!

HereWeGo
February 17, 2012, 10:04 AM
Canada - KKanada :P

Tigers_eye
February 17, 2012, 10:07 AM
I have a thick skin. Uncalled for negative comments only shows the person's standard and upbringing.

mufi_02
February 17, 2012, 10:24 AM
Can't believe why they had to make Friday the day off. Seriously, this is the best day to bring in crowds. I understand the Jumah part. So why not make a late start around 3. Or just play one game.

Tigers_eye
February 17, 2012, 10:32 AM
Can't believe why they had to make Friday the day off. Seriously, this is the best day to bring in crowds. I understand the Jumah part. So why not make a late start around 3. Or just play one game.
Travel and rest. Very much needed. They are not robots. Rest gives them to sort out things internally (and heal the nicks and bruises) and perform better in the coming days. Preparation is at least half as important as the game itself.

mufi_02
February 17, 2012, 10:43 AM
Rest is obviously important. My question is then, why not rest them on Wed or Thurs. Crowd attendance has been poor so far and the only day we can get them in big numbers, we don't have any matches.

Tigers_eye
February 17, 2012, 10:56 AM
Rest is obviously important. My question is then, why not rest them on Wed or Thurs. Crowd attendance has been poor so far and the only day we can get them in big numbers, we don't have any matches.
Fair point. And they could start the match at 3pm instead of 2pm. MGMT marketing may have issues that we may not think of - just saying.

Dilscoop
February 17, 2012, 01:04 PM
I never said it was gonna be easy. I know it's not an option atm, but they will have to make it happen within few years. Or else BPL will stay as an exhibition
league. People won't come to watch exhibition matches in couple of years.
Dillu, it is not the distance. It is the roads and traffic. Do you know how long it takes to travel from Radisson to Mirpur? Heck making it back? It would take a whole day just to recover from the intercity travel Dhaka to Bogura, Raj to Khulna, etc. Decreasing the number of game would reduce revenue. TV revenues and others things; not an option.

I agree with you on decentralization and rivalry 110%. That is only how our cricket will improve and remain at that level. Not just a bump and then go back down. But we don't have the infrastructure or the trust (faith on people who would run autonomy shows).

Dilscoop
February 17, 2012, 01:16 PM
Yesterday would've been a good day to host an all* game.

Let's make our xi's?

lamisa
February 17, 2012, 01:23 PM
no game on friday, lol!

zsayeed
February 17, 2012, 01:29 PM
SO I had to learn from fb that Moahmmad Isam...sorry Sami scored a hattrick? The hell y'all promoting if you are scared as chicken--- to open threads highlighting main events. Or has it been overlooked because he's a Pakistani dude? Watever. A hattrick is a hattrick.

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/zsayeed/temp5.jpg
http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/zsayeed/temp6.jpg

Dilscoop
February 17, 2012, 01:32 PM
^ That's on the big screen not on bc.. :P

And those arms look like Chickenul Islam's arms. Jeez

Dilscoop
February 17, 2012, 01:43 PM
Who is Darren Steven and which team does he play for?

Just checked his twitter, I'm sure they aren't feeding curry to all these foreigners?

Dhakablues
February 17, 2012, 01:43 PM
Along with the foreign players, one thing this BPL is also providing is a good understanding of the fcapabilities of the foreign coaches as well. We clearly can see the team combination of Pont/Fountain/Rafique, Jones/Bevan, Khaled Mashud are doing much better than Sarwar Imran, Law/Swift.. Robin Singh is queitly doing his things but nothing extra-ordinary.

Chittagong ZAC will be the place where we will see how these coaches can strategize against a very different wicket condition. Nevertheless, the fact that Law's team has suffered pretty badly, will prompt some questions on his ability to impact a national team. BCB management certainly are noticing how Bevan, Pont, Mashud like coaches are bringing results from their respective team.

However, I think Mashud has been an outstandinglocal coach/organizer for the last few years making Rajshahi the best NCL team in recent years. His team has produced many national team players yet whenever the team plays, it plays like a strong South African unit!!

fiate2000
February 17, 2012, 02:49 PM
WOW great .

Complete info , thank you very much.

:clap:

Going to follow -> Duronto Rajshahi

@ oronnya

Thank you , All the best for Shakib's team but I have a habit of choosing one team and sticking throughout. I think Rajshahi will win the tournament :)

You can also follow matches on an Android app - see my signature

Mahir
February 17, 2012, 03:32 PM
Yesterday would've been a good day to host an all* game.

Let's make our xi's?

Alright, so assuming that each team must have atleast one rep, here are the two XIs (North vs South, although Locals vs Foreigners would be an intriguing option, but the selection becomes heavily unbalanced - locals not performing/getting a chance to perform enough):

Team North :

Imran Nazir (Dhaka)
Junaid Siddique (Rajshahi)
Peter Trego (Sylhet)
Marlon Samuels (Rajshahi)
Mushfiqur Rahim (Rajshahi) - captain, wk
Alok Kapali (Sylhet)
Kieron Pollard (Dhaka)
Azhar Mahmood (Dhaka)
Adbur Razzaq (Rajshahi)
Mashrafee Mortuza (Dhaka)
Elias Sunny (Dhaka)
12th - Imrul Kayes (Sylhet)

Team South :

Nasir Jamshed (Chittagong)
Ahmed Shehzad (Barisal)
Jason Roy (Chittagong)
Shakib al Hasan (Khulna) - captain
Mahmudullah Riyad (Chittagong)
Andre Russell (Khulna)
Dwayne Smith (Khulna)
Dwanye Bravo (Chittagong)
Saghir Hossain (Khulna) - wk
Yasir Arafat (Barisal)
Enamul Haq jnr (Chittagong)
12th man - Mominul Haque (Barisal)

Nadim
February 18, 2012, 04:37 AM
Bangla ad on Star cricket :D take that BCCI:fire::fanflag::fire::bravo:

Mahir
February 18, 2012, 05:28 AM

:chhoylaal::chhoylaal::chhoylaal:

Nadim
February 18, 2012, 06:04 AM
Sheena was asking Hogg how his experience was in bpl in INDIA?? wtf!!! mejaj ta pura kharap koira dilo. ore anche keda???:mad:

firstlane
February 18, 2012, 06:54 AM
Sheena was asking Hogg how his experience was in bpl in INDIA?? wtf!!! mejaj ta pura kharap koira dilo.

ore anche keda???:mad:
aziz mohammad bhai

Antora
February 18, 2012, 06:58 AM
I must say, when bpl started I thought it was going to be a total flop! but it seems not. I mean I hate T20, but I've been enjoying these games. The standard of cricket hasn't been too bad, would like to see more Bangladeshis getting MoMs but yeah, I'm happy :)

Antora
February 18, 2012, 07:00 AM
Booyeah :DBangla ad on Star cricket :D take that BCCI:fire::fanflag::fire::bravo:

Boomerang
February 18, 2012, 07:15 AM

What was that. Don't say it is Amanat Shah Lungi

Sheena was asking Hogg how his experience was in bpl in INDIA?? wtf!!! mejaj ta pura kharap koira dilo. ore anche keda???:mad:

Ya I also noticed that. Asking about India....... How does she still feel about being in India after staying in BD for about 2 weeks. Don't know how should i feel

Jadukor
February 18, 2012, 07:36 AM
Any bpl links that work on ipad folks?

TigerEz
February 18, 2012, 07:53 AM
sylhet getting knocked tells a story about law.

BANFAN
February 18, 2012, 10:30 AM
Any bpl links that work on ipad folks?

I never got one... Alll links need flash and Joan doesn't sp flash... So...:)

But you may make all sites work with a different browser.... Skyfire ... Get it from App store

Nadim
February 18, 2012, 11:26 AM
Mushy is the 9th highest top scorer now:D First Bangladeshi to b in top 10:D

++++++++++

in top 10 highest wk taker list, there is 5 Bangladeshi. And all of them r SLA:D

-E. Sunny 3rd, 7 wk with econ rate of 6.08 in 5 matches (he have a chance to take the purpule cap from Russel tomorrow)

-A.Sunny 4th, 7 wk with econ rate of 6.10 in 6 matches

- Shakib 5th, 6wk with econ rate of 6.67 in 5 macthes

-Enamul haque jr 8th, 6 wk with econ rate of 7.27 in 5 macthes

-Saqlain Shajib 10th, 6 wk with econ rate of 8.06 in 6 macthes

N.B: Saqlain have very high econ rate compare to others but the first bowler from Bangladesh to be awarded MOM award :D

Nadim
February 18, 2012, 11:28 AM
What was that. Don't say it is Amanat Shah Lungi

Ya I also noticed that. Asking about India....... How does she still feel about being in India after staying in BD for about 2 weeks. Don't know how should i feel

lol no!

milon hobe koto dine ekta advert ache na bpl niye? seita.

Rifat H
February 18, 2012, 11:31 AM
Saqlain and Arafat sunny impressed me most . Saqlain is the tallest and Arafat is the smallest among the SLA bowlers.

nakedzero
February 18, 2012, 12:03 PM
LOVE and Excitement for BPL restored, thank you Shakib.

Tiger444
February 18, 2012, 12:07 PM
Saqlain really did prove me wrong. He had a rough start in the beginning being wicketless but he was a big reason why Rajshahi won. He was turning the ball really well today. Hopefully he can continue the good work.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Navo
February 18, 2012, 12:12 PM
Are there no highlights of the recent matches? Want to see Shakib's last over against Sylhet :(

simon
February 18, 2012, 12:42 PM

at the end of today's match DAnny said "RAjsthan" instead of "RAjshahi" :-P

Nadim
February 18, 2012, 01:11 PM
at the end of today's match DAnny said "RAjsthan" instead of "RAjshahi" :-P

not only danny, all other commi said Rajsthan at the begining too:sick:. still most of them struggle to pronounce Rajshahi properly.

Funny thing is that, Symcox was Pronouncing Mahmudullah as Mohammad Abdul today :floor: