PDA

View Full Version : General BPL Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

oronnya
February 18, 2012, 01:28 PM
Are there no highlights of the recent matches? Want to see Shakib's last over against Sylhet :(

It's showing on Channel 9 -jagobd again.. you can watch it there..

That over by Shakib has to be one of the greatest over bowled by a bowler at the death!!! Don't miss it !!! :)

Dilscoop
February 18, 2012, 01:47 PM
Alright, so assuming that each team must have atleast one rep, here are the two XIs (North vs South, although Locals vs Foreigners would be an intriguing option, but the selection becomes heavily unbalanced - locals not performing/getting a chance to perform enough):

Team North :

Imran Nazir (Dhaka)
Junaid Siddique(Rajshahi)
Peter Trego (Sylhet)
Marlon Samuels (Rajshahi)
Mushfiqur Rahim (Rajshahi) - captain, wk
Alok Kapali Scott Styris (Sylhet)
Kieron Pollard (Dhaka)
Azhar Mahmood (Dhaka)
Adbur Razzaq (Rajshahi)
Mashrafee Mortuza (Dhaka)
Elias Sunny (Dhaka)
12th - Imrul Kayes (Sylhet)

Team South :

Nasir Jamshed (Chittagong)
Ahmed Shehzad (Barisal)
Jason Roy (Chittagong)
Shakib al Hasan (Khulna) - captain
Mahmudullah Riyad (Chittagong)
Andre Russell (Khulna)
Dwayne Smith (Khulna)
Dwanye Bravo (Chittagong)
Saghir Hossain (Khulna) - wk
Yasir Arafat (Barisal)
Enamul Haq jnr (Chittagong)
12th man - Mominul Haque (Barisal)

I take the SOUTH!

HereWeGo
February 18, 2012, 02:59 PM
Sheena was asking Hogg how his experience was in bpl in INDIA?? wtf!!! mejaj ta pura kharap koira dilo. ore anche keda???:mad:

hahahah!! I noticed that too...
She always seems very nervous for live telecasts!!! :D

Navo
February 18, 2012, 03:42 PM
It's showing on Channel 9 -jagobd again.. you can watch it there..

That over by Shakib has to be one of the greatest over bowled by a bowler at the death!!! Don't miss it !!! :)

Someone please tape it :( I can't seem to stream it and I am not sure if I missed it already. Fans all over the world will be very grateful.

cricketboy
February 18, 2012, 04:29 PM
Well done to Chittagong for fielding only 4 foreign players yesterday!

oronnya
February 18, 2012, 04:40 PM
Someone please tape it :( I can't seem to stream it and I am not sure if I missed it already. Fans all over the world will be very grateful.

ohhho sorry the match is over and I couldn't record it :(

Navo
February 18, 2012, 04:57 PM
ohhho sorry the match is over and I couldn't record it :(

Ah well :sigh: There will be other times. Looking forward to the match tomorrow!

Tmahmud
February 18, 2012, 07:45 PM
Are there no highlights of the recent matches? Want to see Shakib's last over against Sylhet :(

You have missed a 'humdinger' of an over Navo. L-) I pray that the Almighty bless you with a quality footage of that epiphany of an over by Shak.

oronnya
February 18, 2012, 08:33 PM
Ah well :sigh: There will be other times. Looking forward to the match tomorrow!

ok here you go.. got the highlights, not the best one as it didn't capture the 2 balls of Shakib which got him wickets but you will get to experience the nail biting, heart pounding moment of that over

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nIF4OrUrqgQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Navo
February 18, 2012, 08:51 PM
ok here you go.. got the highlights, not the best one as it didn't capture the 2 balls of Shakib which got him wickets but you will get to experience the nail biting, heart pounding moment of that over

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nIF4OrUrqgQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks a lot! :D Will go watch it now.

Zeeshan
February 18, 2012, 08:54 PM
Thanks...missed out on it.

Tiger444
February 18, 2012, 09:12 PM

Thanks a lot apu. Appreciate it.

oronnya
February 18, 2012, 09:22 PM
Thanks a lot! :D Will go watch it now.

Thanks...missed out on it.

Thanks a lot apu. Appreciate it.

no problem :D... always at BC's service :D

Zeeshan
February 18, 2012, 09:26 PM
I take my thanks back. Shakib-er dui duita wicketer footage-y to nai. Dhuru mia ki

oronnya
February 18, 2012, 09:29 PM
I take my thanks back. Shakib-er dui duita wicketer footage-y to nai. Dhuru mia ki

oita to ami prothomei bole niyechhi je Shakib oi 2 ball er footage nai... sorry bhai er cheye bhalo kichhu to r pelam na :(

Navo
February 18, 2012, 09:37 PM
^ Well, there is the replay of his delivery to Naeem at 27:19, so you can see how he was stumped. It's a shame about not being able to see the two wicket-taking deliveries in the entirety but you do get a feel about how nerve-wracking that over was! And Shakib's expression at the end! WOW, I've rarely seen him that animated. (His celebration after taking Nathan McCullum's wicket comes to mind) Most I've seen anyone celebrate after conceding a single =p

Memorable Commentator's Quotes

"Commeth the hour, commeth the man"
"Too much goodness here"
"The Bangladeshi Superstar...took the responsibility and said I've got a steel pair, I'm so tough, I'm going to take it upfront."

Zeeshan
February 18, 2012, 11:01 PM
Challenge to Shamim Chowdhury!!!

you killed the floor last nite w/humdinger. i double dare you to slip in voluptuous 2day.....

fuadomar
February 18, 2012, 11:08 PM
BPL in an Indian's perspective:

BPL
A sentiment often encountered online, from Indians of course, is that Bangladesh is somehow undeserving of Test status and that it was a conspiracy of the BCCI that led to them getting their place at the big boy’s table. This sentiment, needless to say, offends my sentiments. Dictating that a country should not play just because they lose most of their games is like saying someone should not sing just because he has a bad voice. Bangladesh deserves every bit of their Test status. And this they do purely on the basis of their fans and the enthusiasm and joy they bring to the game.

The Bangladeshi fan, and since I have frequented Bangladeshi cricket fan boards I have had a chance to observe them, has a fairly unique way of supporting their team. For instance, before every match against India, they construct a victory thread where they predict how Bangladesh will humiliate India in the game that is to be played, invoking memories of how they destroyed India in the World Cup 2007 and discussing, with nary a trace of jingoism, how Tamim Iqbal is the baap of Sehwag, how Zaheer Khan is not fit to carry the kitbag of Mashrafe Mortaza (sexily called “Mash” , whether as a dedication to the TV series or to Mash potato [aloo siddho] I cannot decide), how Syed Rasel is the next Akram and how Shakib ul Hassan is a much more valuable player to his side than Sachin Tendulkar.

Yes India gets them riled up and justifiably so. As pointed out by many a Bangladeshi fan, India is so afraid that Bangladesh will whip their asses that they never call Bangladesh for a tour of India. Not just that, the BCCI reprobates deliberately use their clout inside ICC to weaken Bangladesh and their brother nation of Pakistan and then depute their minions like Sidhu to trash-talk Bangladesh’s batting prowess, which if you recall, provoked an angry video response from a fan who called Nobhojeet Seengh Seedhu a cockroach (video since removed for the sake of friendly relations between neighbors).

The most bile though (and trust me after a lunch of shorshe ilish one does produce a lot of bile) had been reserved for IPL. It is seen as 1) a sinister plot hatched by the BCCI to ensure India’s world domination and 2) a sinister plot hatched by the BCCI to humiliate Bangladeshis and keep them from developing their game, a fact which explains why Bangladeshis almost always never get chosen at the auctions, despite them being better players than the Indians. I mean honestly, if this was all fair who would pay millions for Dhoni while totally ignoring far greater talent like Mushfiqur Rahim?

Which is why I was very happy when I heard of BPL. No I do not mean Below Poverty Line or that line of TVs popular in the 90s. I mean the Bangladesh Premier League, bigger, better and more boisterous than the IPL in every respect. The quality of cricket here is stellar. Chris Gayle and Kieron Pollard (both of whom I believe will one day appear for both sides in a cricket game) have this excited look about their faces, the kind you see on the faces of Gunda-loving husbands taken out for Valentine Day shopping by their wives. Dwayne Bravo is seen carefully planning the injury he will pick up right after IPL. Atul Wasson, who has been seen on TV as an expert on cancer post-Yuvraj, his wise words earning him the sobriquet “Emperor of all Commentaries” is seen seated between two comely lasses in the TV box asking, with barely concealed mirth, “What entertainment…what fashion shows…what parties are planned after the game?” to which one comely lass says “We shall see. It is a saaprise”. Poetic descriptions of the game like “Mahmudullah Riyadh’s balls are wet and sticky” and the Bangladeshi Mandira Bedi saying Inshaallah as frequently as Shastri drops cliches. Chair-leaders (not cheerleaders) who are much more decent than their IPL versions, those that put “Tit-*** ekta nodir naam” to shame. And finally, the teardrop on the cheek of time, Arun Lal with his gentle eloquence. So well-organized and amazing BPL is that no longer will Bangladeshis have to offer themselves on auction, like girls at Rauf Lala’s store, and get rejected by the Indian franchises. Now they have a league of their own, where not a single Indian plays.

Far be it for an Indian to advice Bangladesh, but still as a fan of their cricket, let me make some suggestions for an even better BPL in the future. First of all, the team names. Only Duronto Rajshahi have got their name right, giving it an unique Bangladeshi feel. (Duronto for Hindi-speaking arrogant Indians means chulbuli). The others however need to work on their names. Barisal Burners? Bunsen Burners? How wannabe is that? Chittagong Kings? Khulna Royal Bengals? Sylhet Royals? Where is the imagination oh Bangalis? Why not Dhaka Dobkas or Khulna Katlas or Chittagong Chitols or Barisal Baloks? (Katla and Chitol being types of fish, Balok is boy and Dobka is voluptuous) Why not make Shakib Khan, the Bangladeshi Shahrukh Khan (or as Bangladeshis call Shahrukh Khan, the Indian Shakib Khan), a brand ambassador? [picture below]

Why not make the Nantu Ghotok song the theme song since the “Pola to noye se to aguneri gola re” (He is not a man but a ball of fire) [Video] is particularly apposite for Shariar Nafees and Junaid Siddique?

And why oh why not make a series of BPL pwns IPL ads, like Hindu vs TOI, set to the tune of the “Bangladeshi Bachchan” Dipjol’s great mega-hit song “Poont koirya dimu” [Video] which can be roughly translated as “I will fart on you, So powerful is my fart that you shall be turned to ashes and then cook food from beyond the grave ?” with their being no doubt as to who the “you” is in the song.

But be as it is, BPL is still pretty awesome. At the very least, it puts the fear of God into those arrogant Indians who want to suppress, depress and oppress Bangladesh and its cricket.

And that I believe makes it worth the while.

Source (http://greatbong.net/2012/02/14/bpl/)

Zunaid
February 19, 2012, 02:49 AM
Any bpl links that work on ipad folks?

I am using Skyfire to watch on my iPad.

Habib
February 19, 2012, 06:48 AM
Once again empty gallery. Take note BCB and arrange home and away games from the next BPL.

oronnya
February 19, 2012, 07:13 AM
^ Well, there is the replay of his delivery to Naeem at 27:19, so you can see how he was stumped. It's a shame about not being able to see the two wicket-taking deliveries in the entirety but you do get a feel about how nerve-wracking that over was! And Shakib's expression at the end! WOW, I've rarely seen him that animated. (His celebration after taking Nathan McCullum's wicket comes to mind) Most I've seen anyone celebrate after conceding a single =p

Memorable Commentator's Quotes

"Commeth the hour, commeth the man"
"Too much goodness here"
"The Bangladeshi Superstar...took the responsibility and said I've got a steel pair, I'm so tough, I'm going to take it upfront."

Yeah those comments just made me feel proud!!! Thanks to Shakib- the ironman !!!

Boomerang
February 19, 2012, 09:39 AM
Shahjad from barisal wearing helmet with pakistan emblem. He could have put a strip if it is his favorite one but it just looks odd and a disgrace for the owners.

tiger_army
February 19, 2012, 10:40 AM
looks like lots of new players just joined in...any list of names.?

Nadim
February 19, 2012, 12:54 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/28wfdxh.png

It's gonna be very interesting from now on. SR is out already but no team yet to confirm their place for the Semi-finals.

From top 5, any team can miss out the semi's that includes CTG/KRB too so looking forward to it :)

My bet would be, DG or BB will miss out:waiting: DR might too. DG and DR NRR might hunt them later on.

Mahir
February 19, 2012, 05:48 PM
Shahjad from barisal wearing helmet with pakistan emblem. He could have put a strip if it is his favorite one but it just looks odd and a disgrace for the owners.

Shows the class of Shehzad as a professional.

i_1_primeval_man
February 20, 2012, 12:21 AM
BPL is somewhat losing its colour by allowing to play some no name C grade overseas players like Raza Ali Dar, Kaiser Abbas et al.

Rabz
February 20, 2012, 12:24 AM
Dhaka forgot how to win !!

Seraphen
February 20, 2012, 07:32 AM
That rap showdown between Danny and Rohan was hilarious! xD

TigerEz
February 20, 2012, 09:25 AM
tamim iqbal failed again!!!!!!!!please dont include him in the T20 team ever again

lamisa
February 20, 2012, 09:54 AM
BB and Slyhet will be out i guess

allrounder
February 20, 2012, 10:00 AM
Is BPL financially profitable so far?

Dhakablues
February 20, 2012, 01:25 PM
Is BPL financially profitable so far?

Thats a very good question...I think for BCB and the players its really profitable because they got the money. Even for the event coordinator and the production guys, they made money. But I wonder how the Owners feel.... do they think it was worth the $2.4 million dollars? And with the spectacularly low crowd attendance, I bet Shihab Trading ( the ones who bought the rights for tickets) is really regretting their decision for getting into Cricket. When players like Shakib, Mashrafee, , Pollard, Jayasuriya, Shohail Tanveer, are playing T20 in empty stands... it means something is not right!!

BCB and Players got most of the money, so we should be fine. However, if the crowd attendance is not addressed,,, eventually everyone will lose interest in the tournament and it will hurt cricket more.

TigerEz
February 20, 2012, 01:49 PM
i hav a question....

is tendulkar, gayle, and shakib human beings?

Dhakablues
February 20, 2012, 03:21 PM
i hav a question....

is tendulkar, gayle, and shakib human beings?

No. Here is why..

Tendulkar - (Cricket) God
Gayle - (District 9) Maruding Monster
Shakib - (Cool Headed) Ice Man

oronnya
February 20, 2012, 05:28 PM
No. Here is why..

Tendulkar - (Cricket) God
Gayle - (District 9) Maruding Monster
Shakib - (Cool Headed) Ice Man

For Shakib I don't think he is iceman.. he is more like fireman or ironman :) .. he is so hot headed/short tempered :( that bothers me really !!

But Shakib the performer :notworthy:

I don't think we will have someone close to Shakib in the near future... Robin Singh was saying that he is the best of BD players in every sense and he can walk into any test playing team atm !! My respect for him just goes up with his each performance!! I feel proud that we have someone like Shakib in BD.. but it saddens me when I see him creating controversy every time with his stupid behaviour :( .. I know he is a good person but he always gives the wrong vibe to people.. it's very frustrating for a fan :(

Zeeshan
February 20, 2012, 05:31 PM
First world problem:

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/jennagoudreau/files/2011/01/0405_dont-cry_380x278.jpg

"It's very frustrating for a fan."

oronnya
February 20, 2012, 06:10 PM
First world problem:

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/jennagoudreau/files/2011/01/0405_dont-cry_380x278.jpg

"It's very frustrating for a fan."

hashen bhai.. ekhon apnader e din.. deikhen Shakib er o ekdin Ash er moto thanda matha hobe (Allah re Ash moto ekkebare thanda performance na hoilei hoi :sorry:)

i_1_primeval_man
February 20, 2012, 06:11 PM
For Shakib I don't think he is iceman.. he is more like fireman or ironman :) .. he is so hot headed/short tempered :( that bothers me really !!

But Shakib the performer :notworthy:

I don't think we will have someone close to Shakib in the near future... Robin Singh was saying that he is the best of BD players in every sense and he can walk into any test playing team atm !! My respect for him just goes up with his each performance!! I feel proud that we have someone like Shakib in BD.. but it saddens me when I see him creating controversy every time with his stupid behaviour :( .. I know he is a good person but he always gives the wrong vibe to people.. it's very frustrating for a fan :(

I swear i was thinking the same name 'Fireman' for Shakib while watching last night's game.

Zeeshan
February 20, 2012, 06:39 PM
I swear i was thinking the same name 'Fireman' for Shakib while watching last night's game.

What did i miss? Thought he only had 1 wicket while Junaed named Intriguing Man Alive

oronnya
February 20, 2012, 07:10 PM

he he :D

Chheleta beshi excited r serious thake game niye !! He is a superb captain but I never want him to be our national captain! Captaincy na thakle tobu take relax r hashte dekha jai. Baapre ki chorom matha gorom kore rakhe. Amar emon kono boss hoile amar khobor chhilo. Or teammate ra mathe ki bhoye thake bujhen :D. Tobe bhalo je bhoye ora oder best performance ta dai. Look at Saghir- the best WK of the tournament so far :). Ekhon mone hochhe Shakib er under a catch miss oneek kom hoto, even Tamim o jaan praan diye catch dhorto. Bojha jachhe captain ke ora ki bhoi peto :lol:

i_1_primeval_man
February 20, 2012, 07:31 PM
What did i miss? Thought he only had 1 wicket while Junaed named Intriguing Man Alive

Well, he lost his cool twice last night. Nasir Jamshed hit him for a Six and three balls later Shakib got his man. Shak couln't stop roaring and on Nasir's walk back to pavilion, he shouted 'Eff off' quite unnecesarily and rudely.
On another occasion, MUllah hit him for a four and the next ball, took a quick single playing it to the short fine leg. The short fine leg fielder was a little late in his attempt. Fireman was furious, fuming and using expletives like k#@^*!r Pola, B@^)!r Pola. Spitts were literally flying out of his mouth.
I still love him for the passion and competetiveness he brings into the game. The fire of competetion burns hot in him. Use of expletives is very common in any physical sport. I just hope he doesn't kick anyone anymore.

F6_Turbo
February 20, 2012, 11:51 PM
I'm sure this has been posted in all the team threads, and elsewhere....

http://www.durontoraj.com

http://www.khulnaroyalbengals.com/

http://www.chittagongkings.com

http://www.barisalburners.com

http://www.dhakagladiators.com/

http://www.sylhetroyals.org/

Some of these are really shoddy. A million to purchase the teams, something similar to sign players, yet these are the websites they've put up.

cricketboy
February 21, 2012, 12:05 AM
Why is Nazimuddin and Nafees not playing when they were knocking the doors to play for Bangladesh 20-20 team is strange!

Dilscoop
February 21, 2012, 01:42 AM
LOL at this Steven dude's twitter page. https://twitter.com/#!/Stevo208

Really? Just like that? "Hey do you wanna play? Are you fit Simon Jones?" Bangladesh Para League? I'm sure his management (Ian Pont) asked him to look into it. Yes, I don't think it's a huge deal, but ... really? At least Jones was smart/mature enough to move the conversation over to Txt, otherwise he'd have kept going.

simon
February 21, 2012, 08:48 AM
Channel i news e dekhlam deshi bideshi player ra shohid minar e.
khub bhalo lagchey. :) :flag:

[বাংলা]Shehzad said: "It's my first time here, I'm enjoying it."[/বাংলা]

Zunaid
February 21, 2012, 08:50 AM
I'm sure this has been posted in all the team threads, and elsewhere....
[/URL]
http://www.dhakagladiators.com/ (http://www.durontoraj.com)
[URL="http://www.sylhetroyals.org/"]

Some of these are really shoddy. A million to purchase the teams, something similar to sign players, yet these are the websites they've put up.

For example:
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

Tigers_eye
February 21, 2012, 10:02 AM

Shehzad pola'ta pagol, else the quote or the question asked was wrong.

Equinox
February 21, 2012, 10:04 AM

Aren't they in Chittagong?

BANFAN
February 21, 2012, 10:30 AM
Well, he lost his cool twice last night. Nasir Jamshed hit him for a Six and three balls later Shakib got his man. Shak couln't stop roaring and on Nasir's walk back to pavilion, he shouted 'Eff off' quite unnecesarily and rudely.
On another occasion, MUllah hit him for a four and the next ball, took a quick single playing it to the short fine leg. The short fine leg fielder was a little late in his attempt. Fireman was furious, fuming and using expletives like k#@^*!r Pola, B@^)!r Pola. Spitts were literally flying out of his mouth.
I still love him for the passion and competetiveness he brings into the game. The fire of competetion burns hot in him. Use of expletives is very common in any physical sport. I just hope he doesn't kick anyone anymore.

You are saying so, imagine all the players getting competitive and reacting like him...! What shall we really watch then?? :)

You are enjoying it because of a variation, while others are being nice and gentle... So credit shouldnt go to him, but to the other good guys... Encourage him now! He will land up in bigger trouble.

I just wish he can go back to his early days... Being nice with people and keeping a smile on whatever happens... He is just loosing his persona...in the name of passion .. That's not good for him or anyone... We don't like to lose him for non cricketing reasons...

Mahir
February 21, 2012, 10:46 AM
This schedule of the Chittagong leg is really messed up.

playmaker
February 21, 2012, 10:57 AM
I agree with what Mahir said, Chittagong kings plays only 2 matches in Chittagong and Khulna plays 4!! if it were the opposite their would be more crowd

Rifat H
February 21, 2012, 11:28 AM
Hoping for two exciting matches tomorrow . If Barisal wins the first match then Dhaka will be in serious pressure in the 2nd match

lamisa
February 21, 2012, 11:36 AM
when are they coming back?

simon
February 21, 2012, 12:01 PM
Shehzad pola'ta pagol, else the quote or the question asked was wrong.

Aren't they in Chittagong?

ei je shutro :
http://http.cdnlayer.com/prothomalo1998/resize/maxDim/340x1000/img/uploads/media/2012/02/21/2012-02-21-14-39-01-4f43ac859c96f-pakistan.jpg

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2012-02-21/news/226663

although in this report it says the Pak players didn't want to say anything about it but the channel i news reporter asked Shehzad and he said exactly these words " It's amazing ,it's my first time here,so I'm enjoying it"

Tigers_eye
February 21, 2012, 12:09 PM
ei je shutro :

although in this report it says the Pak players didn't want to say anything about it but the channel i news reporter asked Shehzad and he said exactly these words " It's amazing ,it's my first time here,so I'm enjoying it"
Who enjoys a somber outing? Especially when it connected to his roots. He is pagol. Doesn't know what to, when to, and how to say.

Dhakablues
February 21, 2012, 12:41 PM
If I may indulge in politics a bit here...

Tigers_Eye: If he is Pakistani, its very likely that he doesnt know the story at all. I have many pakistani acquaintances during my college days who knew very little about the 1971 war because according to their textbooks, it was India who caused the war and they were separated by some 'separatists'. Bangladeshi plight doesnt exist there..Basically, they are 'brain washed' since kids.. Same thing goes for us,, we are tought from childhood that Israel is our enemy and that is deeply ingrained in our mind that even after so many years in Pro-Israeli land, its hard to accept the truth..

firstlane
February 21, 2012, 03:33 PM
Who enjoys a somber outing? Especially when it connected to his roots. He is pagol. Doesn't know what to, when to, and how to say.

or he didn't know why he went there. he saw so much flowers, girls in sarees, he thought wow.

mufi_02
February 21, 2012, 03:36 PM
If I may indulge in politics a bit here...

Tigers_Eye: If he is Pakistani, its very likely that he doesnt know the story at all. I have many pakistani acquaintances during my college days who knew very little about the 1971 war because according to their textbooks, it was India who caused the war and they were separated by some 'separatists'. Bangladeshi plight doesnt exist there..Basically, they are 'brain washed' since kids.. Same thing goes for us,, we are tought from childhood that Israel is our enemy and that is deeply ingrained in our mind that even after so many years in Pro-Israeli land, its hard to accept the truth..

And what is the truth that we are not accepting?

HereWeGo
February 21, 2012, 03:46 PM
And what is the truth that we are not accepting?

They were one of the first country to recognise us, much before all the middle eastern countries.
The fact that you are most likely using their hardware when using most electronics including your computer, cell phone etc
Their military might is paramount to their survival given they are surrounded by unfriendly neighbors.

and many more....

Tigers_eye
February 21, 2012, 04:05 PM
...Their military might is paramount to their survival given they are surrounded by unfriendly neighbors.

and many more....
When one croaches her neighbors land you think they (the neighbors) would remain friendly towards the encroacher?

It's like, I want my friends and family that I do not want around my house, live in your living room, time to time take away more space of your house, and you have no say!! Basically that is the truth. Millitary might wasn't needed for centuries there.

Sorry for the tangent. I had to say what I knew since we are talking about the truth here.

HereWeGo
February 21, 2012, 04:12 PM
When one croaches her neighbors land you think they (the neighbors) would remain friendly towards the encroacher?

It's like, I want my friends and family that I do not want around my house, live in your living room, time to time take away more space of your house, and you have no say!! Basically that is the truth. Millitary might wasn't needed for centuries there.

Sorry for the tangent. I had say what I knew since we are talking about the truth here.

Agreed to an extent and lets not ruin this thread..... we can discuss this when another israel thread appears in future...

Murad
February 21, 2012, 05:12 PM
http://http.cdnlayer.com/prothomalo1998/resize/maxDim/340x1000/img/uploads/media/2012/02/21/2012-02-21-17-15-26-4f43d12e69d07-01.jpg
আন্তর্জাতিক মাতৃভাষা দিবসে কোনো খেলা ছিল না বাংলাদেশ প্রিমিয়ার লিগের। বিপিএলের ছয় দলই চট্টগ্রামে শহীদ মিনারে শ্রদ্ধাঞ্জলি জানাল ভাষাশহীদদের প্রতি। বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটারদের সঙ্গে ছিলেন অনেক বিদেশি ক্রিকেটারও

Nadim
February 22, 2012, 04:45 PM
BPL heating up!!! c5 teams fighting for 4 position!!!:D nobody yet to secure their position and anybody can drop down. loving it. if only SR was bit better, could have been even more interesting :sick:

MohammedC
February 22, 2012, 04:48 PM
BPL heating up!!! c5 teams fighting for 4 position!!!:D nobody yet to secure their position and anybody can drop down. loving it. if only SR was bit better, could have been even more interesting :sick:

Top 5 can fight for 4 position.

Royals will fight over ownership.

MohammedC
February 22, 2012, 06:32 PM
http://bplt20.com.bd/media/cache/670x460_1329933669_22nd-Match-Press-Conference.jpg

Post-match press conference
Barisal Burners youngster Mominul Haque served notice of his serious talent with a 28-ball 53 that snatched victory from the jaws of defeat against Khulna Royal Bengals at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium. After his spectacular man-of-the-match effort, he faced the press to answer questions about the innings.
Question: How do you feel?
Mominul Haque (MH): Of course I feel good, having won the match for my team.
Q: Near the halfway stage, Barisal were 53 for four. What was going through your mind then.
MH: When I was batting I saw that the spinners could were not able to grip the ball due to it being wet from the dew, so I tried to take advantage of that. I thought that if I played till the end there would be a chance, and that’s what I tried to do.
Q: Was that scooped six in the last over intentional? Were you thinking about the fifty?
MH: This type of shot is usually intentional. No there was no thought about the fifty; I saw six runs were needed and I tried to hit a six and it came off.

Khulna Royal Bengals skipper Shakib Al Hasan talked to the media after the match.
Question: Did the dropped catches hurt your chances?
Shakib Al Hasan (SAH): Yes. Although it is tough bowling with some dew around, I think if we had held those catches there would not have been a problem.
Q: Barisal’s win blows the tournament wide open. How will Khulna progress from here?
SAH: Don’t know, have not yet been able to think about it.
Q: When did it seem that the match was slipping from your grasp?
SAH: When it came to the last over, it seemed difficult. Other than that, when Marshal (Ayub) dropped that catch (of Mominul Haque).
Q: In the match against Sylhet Royals on Saturday, you bowled the last over and won the match by two runs. Why did you not bowl the last over here?
SAH: If the catch was held (in the 18th over, Shakib’s last) then the match would not have gone to the last over, it would have been over then.
Q: You have the leading wicket-taker’s cap, do you think you can hold on to it?
SAH: Nothing to think about, if I bowl well and take wickets it will stay with me, if I don’t it won’t.
Q: In both the matches today Bangladeshi players have shone, as opposed to the tournament generally being dominated by foreign players, what are your thoughts on that?
SAH: It’s good that Bangladeshi players are scoring. If it happens more, even better.

http://bplt20.com.bd/news/22nd-match-post-match-press-conference.html

playmaker
February 22, 2012, 11:56 PM
shakib still smiling though his team lost. This shows that to them that they treat a cricket match as a cricket match, not a boxing match

riankhan
February 23, 2012, 01:27 AM
shakib still smiling though his team lost. This shows that to them that they treat a cricket match as a cricket match, not a boxing match

Lets see if KK can pull something out of it!

[বাংলা]দলের পরাজয়, সাকিবের বাধ ভাংগা হাসি!!![/বাংলা]

(how to put Chondro-bindu by the way?)

Zunaid
February 23, 2012, 01:48 AM
Lets see if KK can pull something out of it!

[বাংলা]দলের পরাজয়, সাকিবের বাধ ভাংগা হাসি!!![/বাংলা]

(how to put Chondro-bindu by the way?)

হাঁসি (now cop 'n paste). I used Google transliterator and spelled it hanshi.

Zeeshan
February 23, 2012, 01:51 AM
chandrabindu fail

use ^ if using avro

riankhan
February 23, 2012, 05:23 AM
হাঁসি (now cop 'n paste). I used Google transliterator and spelled it hanshi.

Actually, I needed three Chondro-bindus. But the the google Bangla keyboard works fine! Thanks.

(still missing chondro-bindus on বাধ and ভাঙ্গা)

riankhan
February 23, 2012, 05:34 AM
chandrabindu fail

use ^ if using avro

[বাংলা]চমৎকার, অভ্র "ক্লিক এ্যান্ড টাইপ" দিয়ে বেশ হচ্ছে। ধন্যবাদ to both Z and z [/বাংলা]

Rabz
February 23, 2012, 06:39 AM
^^ বড় জি আর ছোট জি ?

নাকি বড় জি আর ছোট ঝি ? :-p

Zunaid
February 23, 2012, 07:01 AM
^^ বড় জি আর ছোট জি ?

নাকি বড় জি আর ছোট ঝি ? :-p

:-p Game, set, and match.

Ajfar
February 23, 2012, 11:16 AM
Was Elton Chigumbura part of the auction?

mufi_02
February 23, 2012, 11:25 AM
Was Elton Chigumbura part of the auction?

Yes he was part of the auction under Grade B ($50,000). But went unsold. I think its because Zim had a tour of NZ.

The series just ended. In the new post-auction signings, from Zim only Brendan Taylor was drafted by Chittagong Kings replacing Lendl Simmons. Taylor was grade A and will make $100k

playmaker
February 23, 2012, 12:05 PM
i wonder y lendl simmons wasnt given a chance? I mean he played exceedingly well in the BD tour

And to add to that he can also keep the stumps!

Tigers_eye
February 23, 2012, 12:06 PM
Yes he was part of the auction under Grade B ($50,000). But went unsold. I think its because Zim had a tour of NZ.

The series just ended. In the new post-auction signings, from Zim only Brendan Taylor was drafted by Chittagong Kings replacing Lendl Simmons. Taylor was grade A and will make $100k
100k for 10 games initially. So at most 30k + Semis and if finals.

MohammedC
February 23, 2012, 12:11 PM
i wonder y lendl simmons wasnt given a chance? I mean he played exceedingly well in the BD tour

And to add to that he can also keep the stumps!

Lendle Simmons withdrew from the tournament because he needed more time to recover from the injury he sustained during windies tour of Bangladesh and India.

MohammedC
February 23, 2012, 12:13 PM
100k for 10 games initially. So at most 30k + Semis and if finals.

Not bad for 2 to 4 days work. any cricketer will be laughing to the bank with that.

mufi_02
February 23, 2012, 02:24 PM
Jos Buttler has been disappointing so far for England. It was a good buy for Khulna but I don't think he could have made in impact in our slow turning pitches.

Nadim
February 23, 2012, 02:37 PM
I just came to know that all the team has been picked only for one year. In this way, its gd for deshi players as whoever performs in the first edition of BPl will earn more next year and failure will have tough time to get a team but i think one yr is nothing. should have been at least 2 yrs:sick:

alss, wondering how sylhet owner will look onto this, i'm pretty sure they will get rid of 99% of their players but they will still suck unless their owner stop thinking about saving money.

Ajfar
February 23, 2012, 03:51 PM
^ I have an idea. Just buy Rajshahi team and rename it sylhet.

firstlane
February 23, 2012, 07:46 PM
"Great News: BCB is planning to organize BPL in all 6 Divisional team's home grounds from the next year due to the presence of fewer crowed in both stadiums of Dhaka and Chittagong except their home team's matches."- from BPL's facebook page.

Twitter page confirms that:
"t20_bpl
BCB (Bangladesh Cricket Board) is planning to organise #BPLT20 matches in all 6 Divisional team's home grounds from the next year."

Dilscoop
February 23, 2012, 07:50 PM
"Great News: BCB is planning to organize BPL in all 6 Divisional team's home grounds from the next year due to the presence of fewer crowed in both stadiums of Dhaka and Chittagong except their home team's matches."- from BPL's facebook page.

AHA! If this is true, suck on that tiger_eyes and who ever else kept doubting it! AHA! Well done BPL. Thank you for reading my posts.

firstlane
February 23, 2012, 09:14 PM
Gibbs Twitted this: " is die verkeer erger as die van Gauteng? Erger?? Daars net 30miljoen mense in dhaka self!! Dis n fokop"

Has he never heard of Google Translate?
"The traffic is worse than that of Gauteng? Worse? Theres only 30miljoen people in Dhaka itself! It's a ****-up"

Zeeshan
February 23, 2012, 09:37 PM
Gibbs Twitted this: " is die verkeer erger as die van Gauteng? Erger?? Daars net 30miljoen mense in dhaka self!! Dis n fokop"

"The traffic is worse than that of Gauteng? Worse? Theres only 30miljoen people in Dhaka itself! It's a ****-up"

We don't want to hear anything about the traffic. We want to know why you still haven't hit those six sixes Gibbs.

Tiger444
February 23, 2012, 11:04 PM

Twitter page confirms that:
"t20_bpl
BCB (Bangladesh Cricket Board) is planning to organise #BPLT20 matches in all 6 Divisional team's home grounds from the next year."

That's great news! In order for the BPL to succeed, then they really need to have home and away games or else the attendance rates won't be as good. Hopefully they renovate the stadiums now as well.

F6_Turbo
February 23, 2012, 11:19 PM
^ heard the above news yesterday - AAK was speaking about it on Independent TV. He also mentioned serious thought was being given to, 2 additional teams - not sure I agree with that.

I really think we need to get the home and away series happening, let the current teams stabilize, and in 3 years time, if things are still looking up, and the comp has become a fixture of our sporting calender. Only then, should expansion be considered.

Not sure our local talent pool can handle two additional teams - Be patient for once BCB.

Tiger444
February 23, 2012, 11:23 PM
^I personally think Rangpur should be in. I think it would be a good thing to have all the divisions in and not leave out Rangpur. I wonder what the other team would be though? Maybe Dhaka Metro?

Dilscoop
February 24, 2012, 12:02 AM
Just looked at it, I believe it was a RT, Gibbs didn't tweet that.

zinatf
February 24, 2012, 12:15 AM
Thanks MoC bhai for posting the press-conference meet :D

Zunaid
February 24, 2012, 12:15 AM

So? What part of his(?) tweet isn't true? Dhaka, quite possibly, has the worst traffic of all. Yes, all. Whoever heard of several hour long tailbacks? Even the 401 or the LIE doesn't get that bad.

firstlane
February 24, 2012, 12:44 AM
So? What part of his(?) tweet isn't true? Dhaka, quite possibly, has the worst traffic of all. Yes, all. Whoever heard of several hour long tailbacks? Even the 401 or the LIE doesn't get that bad.

I didn't say it was a lie. I found it funny that he chose not to use English so that most people don't understand.

F6_Turbo
February 24, 2012, 12:47 AM
I didn't say it was a lie. I found it funny that he chose not to use English so that most people don't understand.

I would have thought that was more because, Afrikaans was his native tongue.

Zeeshan
February 24, 2012, 12:55 AM
I will take a different view on this. There are many naak-shitkano players who come and just like to criticize third world country (that English dude who b..ched about no golf club or NZ players - I forgot specifics). Fair enough. You are entitled to your opinion. But this just shows lack of cultural respect and jingoism from them. (Also take my words with grain of salt as I have certain bias).

OTOH, the foreigner lady who made that beautiful documentary about Bangladesh that went viral commands utmost respect and many players may do well to be a better fellow instead of rubbing it in in being Captain Obvious in every chance they gets.

As myself.

Jadukor
February 24, 2012, 12:55 AM

I think so too.... He is not the type to shy away from making controversial comments
his autobiography proves my point

firstlane
February 24, 2012, 01:11 AM

Go through his tweets. You will rarely see anything he said other than in English. So this one caught my attention.

Zunaid
February 24, 2012, 01:13 AM
Go through his tweets. You will rarely see anything he said other than in English. So this one caught my attention.

Point. So not only does he drop the world cup but is also wuss.

Dilscoop
February 24, 2012, 03:13 AM
Choke and Wussness comes hand in hand.

playmaker
February 24, 2012, 04:55 AM
I think 8 teams is a bit too much...7 is just perfect. If there is any team called Dhaka Metro then there will be some fan related issue, you know like whom will u support, normal dhaka or dhaka metro. I mean two teams from the same division, kinda weird tbh

So i disagree with addition of 2 teams will be wise but 1 team, very perfect. But I dont see it being done until 2 years later. And also, if this is done, then the teams have to leave all their players exc. few of them(just like IPL) so that the new team can also create a good team :)

F6_Turbo
February 24, 2012, 06:49 AM
We all know ppl from the Caribbean normally have a sunny disposition...but how wonderful have the WI players been in this tournament?

Right from someone unknown like Kevin Cooper, to stars like Pollard, Gayle, Bravo - all such team players, and players who seem to really care about what's happening out on the pitch, and not just the nice pay packet.

Bravo post match - thanking the skipper(Riad), and making sure to point out how the coaching staff kept faith with them.

Not sure why there is so much drama around the national side, but individually, they are brilliant!

playmaker
February 24, 2012, 06:56 AM
I feel for them, they might rank no. 7 or 8 in the world but tbh, I think theyve got great young talent. What I love abt countries like BD and WI is that even when the team is underperforming, their players and fans still enjoy the cricket and are always eager to win the next time. this just shows that what really matter is the love for the sport.

India on the other hand take this game as a religion. When they lose they catapult slangs at the very same ppl whom they would pray when the team is winning. Dude, this is just a sport and it will always be A SPORT

BengaliPagol
February 24, 2012, 07:09 AM
^I personally think Rangpur should be in. I think it would be a good thing to have all the divisions in and not leave out Rangpur. I wonder what the other team would be though? Maybe Dhaka Metro?

Comilla need a local team.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

firstlane
February 24, 2012, 07:11 AM
Comilla need a local team.

how about mirpur?

playmaker
February 24, 2012, 07:20 AM
7 teams is more than enough for the next 3-4 years

Shubho
February 24, 2012, 08:03 AM
I second the idea of a Comilla team.

That way I can support a team that truly represents my ancestral home. Comilla might fall in Chittagong division, but the two are worlds apart. Plus, I have no incentive whatsoever to support a team owned by the rajakar Quader Chowdhury clan. :sick:

In the meantime, I shall lend my support to KRB.

BengaliPagol
February 24, 2012, 08:05 AM
I second the idea of a Comilla team.

That way I can support a team that truly represents my ancestral home. Comilla might fall in Chittagong division, but the two are worlds apart. Plus, I have no incentive whatsoever to support a team owned by the rajakar Quader Chowdhury clan. :sick:

In the meantime, I shall lend my support to KRB.

I think comilla would be a popular team.

sadi
February 24, 2012, 08:21 AM
BPL will eventually go into a home and away format. All the teams need to have a home stadium and all the standard international facilities. I am not sure whether Comilla or Rangpur has that. But I will definitely like 8 teams.

Equinox
February 24, 2012, 08:30 AM
I like six teams for now. Expanding to 8 teams would deteriorate quality. Hopefully next year Chittagong get more matches and Sylhet too get to host the tournament.

playmaker
February 24, 2012, 08:38 AM
^^
I agree

Rajshahi has a good stadium too

And Comilla as a team in BPL. Trust me Ive been in comilla and I think their are more rickshaw wheels than cricket balls in comilla

Marshland
February 24, 2012, 09:02 AM
India on the other hand take this game as a religion. When they lose they catapult slangs at the very same ppl whom they would pray when the team is winning. Dude, this is just a sport and it will always be A SPORT

Symptoms of being an ex-#1 team. Not an ex-#10 team like Bangladesh, West Indies or Kenya. :onethephone:

Shubho
February 24, 2012, 09:14 AM
^^
I agree

Rajshahi has a good stadium too

And Comilla as a team in BPL. Trust me Ive been in comilla and I think their are more rickshaw wheels than cricket balls in comilla

You making fun of my ancestral home, boy? Let's take it outside. I'ma beat you black and blue.

AsifTheManRahman
February 24, 2012, 09:21 AM
I think they should look to get another franchise in next year. I agree that 8 teams might be pushing it, but we might still be able to pull it off with 7. The lack of quality local players is a concern, but hey, maybe with 7 teams, guys like Nazimuddin won't be sitting around doing nothing. Besides, with only 6 teams, it's hard to get the competition going when as many as 4 teams will go through to the next phase. If one of the teams sucks, that makes the tournament even less competitive.

The home and away format is desirable and they should really look into it next year. Dhaka has hosted so many high profile games (heck even the World Cup opener) that its citizens have probably become prone to international stars. The same cannot be said about places like Bogra, Khulna, Sylhet, Rangpur, Barisal. These venues will pack up and give the sponsors/ticket sellers their money's worth.

Holden
February 24, 2012, 10:01 AM
To add to the home and away format, I would like the teams to sign more of their local divisional players rather than just the icon player. Take Sylhet for example they only have Alok Kapali in their squad that is from (or atleast has some connection to) Sylhet. If Enamul Haque Jr and Nazmul Hossain were playing for Sylhet, I'm sure that there would more local interest and certainly Sylhet would be a stronger team. I'm not advocating that the whole team should be made up of the divisional players and I know it may be more difficult for sides such as Barishal but something like a minimum of 4 in the squad should be achievable.

playmaker
February 24, 2012, 10:10 AM
You making fun of my ancestral home, boy? Let's take it outside. I'ma beat you black and blue.

Bhai amar gramer bario Comilla

Shotti bolte gele comilla is just not a region for cricket and their is hardly any cricket going on there

F6_Turbo
February 24, 2012, 10:46 AM
Barishal vs Dhaka is going to be HUGE tomorrow.

dash
February 24, 2012, 10:49 AM
burners v glads- its a 4 pointer i think

HereWeGo
February 24, 2012, 10:57 AM
No more than 6 teams please!!! Just not feasible, I know it means more money for BCB but quality should never be compromised by just looking into short term goals. And even 1 additional team would bring down the quality.

On similar note, anyone who follows NCL would note the standard has really gone down this year with gazzillion unknown players playing (with a new division Rangpur) and most quality players on national duty with A team, academy U19 matches...

Tigers_eye
February 24, 2012, 10:59 AM
I like six teams for now. Expanding to 8 teams would deteriorate quality. Hopefully next year Chittagong get more matches and Sylhet too get to host the tournament.
Well said.

These teams needs to get their own facilites in their region. That only can have a positive affect. Otherwise all negatives for me.

Tiger444
February 24, 2012, 12:13 PM

Lol. Good luck in finding playmaker bhai on the streets.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

fuadomar
February 24, 2012, 12:17 PM
No more than 6 teams please!!! Just not feasible, I know it means more money for BCB but quality should never be compromised by just looking into short term goals. And even 1 additional team would bring down the quality.

On similar note, anyone who follows NCL would note the standard has really gone down this year with gazzillion unknown players playing (with a new division Rangpur) and most quality players on national duty with A team, academy U19 matches...

If you include another team, you need 6 local players and 5 foreign players in the field. Do you think that we can't produce or inject 6 more capable local players? If we can't we shouldn't play :-)

HereWeGo
February 24, 2012, 12:32 PM
If you include another team, you need 6 local players and 5 foreign players in the field. Do you think that we can't produce or inject 6 more capable local players? If we can't we shouldn't play :-)

A squad usually consist of 18 players.....
considering 6-7 foreigners... Name me another 11 quality players who are not represented by the other franchise this season?

TigerEz
February 24, 2012, 04:53 PM
I HATE MY LIFE...........cant watch any games due to school and theirs no real highlights either....y???????

BengaliPagol
February 24, 2012, 06:03 PM
There is a left arm pace bowler names Kazi Kamrul Islam. His stats look good on cricinfo but maybe on the expensive side of the economy rate but he adds uniqueness because he is a LEFT ARM PACER. Anyone have any idea about his bowling?

Dhakablues
February 24, 2012, 06:11 PM
Bhai.. Rasel o to left arm seamer kintu amader ghurey firey oi Mashrafee ar Forhad Rezar kachei jetey hochchey.. ekta pacero shubidhar na compared to even Sohel Tanveer or Yasir Arafat

MohammedC
February 24, 2012, 06:30 PM
Honestly I gave up on Left arm seamer.

Sajedul Islam was looking good then sort of went downhill

Emon couple of seasons before, Mash spoke highly of him again another disappearing act.

Now this kid Kazi Kamrul and he will be soon gone.

No wonder all the left armer wants to be SLA. Because there is no future for fast bowlers. As Taposh Baysia once told a newspaper he wants his boy to become an SLA all-rounder. And I don't blame him for saying it..

BengaliPagol
February 24, 2012, 06:35 PM
Honestly I gave up on Left arm seamer.

Sajedul Islam was looking good then sort of went downhill

Emon couple of seasons before, Mash spoke highly of him again another disappearing act.

Now this kid Kazi Kamrul and he will be soon gone.

No wonder all the left armer wants to be SLA. Because there is no future for fast bowlers. As Taposh Baysia once told a newspaper he wants his boy to become an SLA all-rounder. And I don't blame him for saying it..

We desperately need good seamers. We cant leave the spinners to get all the wickets. Pace bowlers are meant to be frontline then we use spinners to slow things down.

No strikepower in our pace bowling means burden for the spin department. Just ask Australia with their pace bowlers.

Zeeshan
February 24, 2012, 08:45 PM
Following Junaed, Ashraful is the second Bangladeshi to have most runs in the entire tourney.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-premier-league-2012/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?id=7188;type=tournament

Zunaid
February 24, 2012, 11:16 PM
Are we ready to discuss the minutae of permutations and combinations to figure out the final 4? While Sylhet is out, they can still throw a spanner in someone's works. Makes watching even their games interesting. This has been a good start to the BPL. Had there been one or two clear leaders, interest would have been lost fairly fast. As it is, the tournament is handicapped by the SSC and HSC exams, being limited to only 2 cities, being in Dhaka which has seen its share of world class cricket recently, and too fast paced a schedule which does not give spectators a breather.

frd
February 25, 2012, 12:23 AM
Why dont they have TOP 3 format instead of 4team semis? The top 2 teams will face each other . The winner is through to the final and the losing side will face the third team for the spot in the final.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

frd
February 25, 2012, 12:25 AM

Rabz
February 25, 2012, 12:54 AM
The ball is in Sylhet's court at the moment !!

Rabz
February 25, 2012, 02:18 AM
Even a 7th team would be stretch. Pretty big stretch.
We just dont have 11 extra players lurking around somewhere ready to pad up and rub shoulders with McCullums and Pollards. One Sylhet Royal is enough for the season.

About arranging Home-Away basis from next season, even though ideally thats how it should be, but I have my doubts about the whole thing being practical in Bangladesh. They might have 3-4 games at max at venues outside Dhaka or Chittagong, but not more than that. But even that would be an achievement if we can manage to do that.

Logistics and facility is the issue here.

Khulna is served by Jessore Airport, which requires making your way through 2 hour of treacherous and bumpy highway. 2+2 hours of Jhakuna back and forth every other day will suck the life out of boys and it will be reflected on the field.

Rajshahi's airport is also as good as non operational and probably only one domestic airline fly there once a week, if I'm not mistaken. The Saidpur Airport, adjacent of Rajshahi and for long was the serving aiport is now under Rangpur Division.

Last time I heard of Barisal Airport, cows were living peacefully on the runway.

Now Accommodation.
2 teams plus media crews etc.
Minimum 50-60 rooms in an international standard hotel.
I know Khulna's got couple of good hotels due to Mongla Port and increasing amount of foreign business travelers, but what about Rajshahi and Barisal ??
In the whole of Sylhet, I saw only one good hotel of certain standard in the Mazar Road, can't remember the name. Our Londoni members here can elaborate more.

Unless you address this issues, it would be tough to materialize the plan of truly hosting home and away games.

Zunaid
February 25, 2012, 02:33 AM
They could think of making Bogra the home of the Rajshahi (north Bengal and all that). There is an airport AND a great stadium there. Of course, not gonna happen under this regime.

By the same token, Jessore could be the base of Khulna but that's a small town with no real hotels. All you've got there is the bridge over the Bhairab. Sylhet and Chittagong both have hotels abd stadiums (so doable there).

Not sure what poor Barisal will do. Even during the old NCL home and away system, they made Dhaka their homebase.

Night_wolf
February 25, 2012, 04:24 AM
I dont understand one thing..This is OUR league..guys name Ramiz Raja Khalid latif fahad alam are playing but one of our Future players Asif ahmed,Our current t20 opener solution Nazimuddin isn't playing at all...Now 5 foreign players are looking like too much

playmaker
February 25, 2012, 05:07 AM
I agree with Wolf bhai

I cant really blame BCB or anyone else BUT TEAM MANAGEMENT!

Jadukor
February 25, 2012, 08:00 AM
I vote for a team from pabna... Nothing better than watching them go mental on the opposition... harbhajan and andre nel could be the overseas player...

patriot
February 25, 2012, 08:16 AM
I vote for a team from pabna... Nothing better than watching them go mental on the opposition... harbhajan and andre nel could be the overseas player...

Sreesanth - Team mentor and Coach

Habib
February 25, 2012, 08:21 AM
Sreesanth - Team mentor and Coach

Dunno. Ash and Aftab seem like good candidates to play for them.

MohammedC
February 25, 2012, 08:25 AM

Then you must recruit bujeekom (Zaved Bhai) because he has seasons of experience managing mental hospitals cricket team

Jadukor
February 25, 2012, 08:41 AM
Then you must recruit bujeekom (Zaved Bhai) because he has seasons of experience managing mental hospitals cricket team

Hee hee taile toh strategic timeout er shomoi group hug....

MohammedC
February 25, 2012, 08:57 AM
Hee hee taile toh strategic timeout er shomoi group hug....

AAr khela sheshe hole Biryani.

playmaker
February 25, 2012, 11:29 AM
requirements for teams to qualify:

Khulna: They are pretty much through considering their high NRR. All they need is to win 1 match or even lose both but still going through considering that the loses are of small margin
Chittagong: The only threat for them is rajshahi winning any 1 of the last match, dhaka winning against rajshahi. But if they win against Barisal they are def. true and BBs need to beat them by a LARGE margin

playmaker
February 25, 2012, 11:39 AM
Dhaka: they should try to win their last match theyll be true. Even if they lose they might still go true given that BBs beat CTG by a good margin or simply, CTG beating BBs(given they dont lose to DR by a big margin)
Barisal: They need to win their last match with rajshahi losing both of their last matches. IF DR wins 1, BB needs to beat CTG kings by a KING size margin

So basically, KRB is has the highest chance and BBs have the lowest

MohammedC
February 25, 2012, 02:38 PM
BPL ticket prices raised

Sports Reporter

Ticket prices for the semifinals and final of the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) T20 have been increased by Tk 100. This is after prices were slashed at the start of the tournament due to dwindling crowd interest.

The two semifinals will be held on February 28 at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur and the final will take place at the same venue on February 29.

The revised prices are: East Gallery (Block I to N)Tk 300, North Gallery (Block O to Q)Tk 500, South Gallery (Block F to H) Tk 500 and Club House (Shaheed Jewel and Shaheed Mustaq Stand)Tk 800.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=223874

TigerEz
February 25, 2012, 06:03 PM
i like sheena but i hav to say her bangla is horrible.....

BengaliPagol
February 25, 2012, 06:17 PM
BPL ticket prices raised

Sports Reporter

Ticket prices for the semifinals and final of the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) T20 have been increased by Tk 100. This is after prices were slashed at the start of the tournament due to dwindling crowd interest.

The two semifinals will be held on February 28 at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur and the final will take place at the same venue on February 29.

The revised prices are: East Gallery (Block I to N)Tk 300, North Gallery (Block O to Q)Tk 500, South Gallery (Block F to H) Tk 500 and Club House (Shaheed Jewel and Shaheed Mustaq Stand)Tk 800.

WAT!? That means there arent going to be that many people at the finals?

fiate2000
February 25, 2012, 07:48 PM
BPL ticket prices raised

Sports Reporter

This is definitely a bad move

firstlane
February 25, 2012, 10:02 PM
BPL ticket prices raised

Sports Reporter

this is nonsense.

Dilscoop
February 25, 2012, 10:20 PM
Everyone should boycott it.

Rabz
February 26, 2012, 02:11 AM
It is a very normal thing to have the ticket prices up in the semis or final of any tournament.
BPL have really picked up and the competition has been intense.

I dont think people will mind paying Tk 100 extra to see two back to back blockbuster Semis and the all important final.

If Dhaka goes thru to Semis and Final, you can expect a packed crowd.

firstlane
February 26, 2012, 04:10 AM
It is a very normal thing to have the ticket prices up in the semis or final of any tournament.
BPL have really picked up and the competition has been intense.

I dont think people will mind paying Tk 100 extra to see two back to back blockbuster Semis and the all important final.

If Dhaka goes thru to Semis and Final, you can expect a packed crowd.

Yes, there will be a huge crowd in the semi-finals and final and its also understandable that the ticket prices will be higher. But they can't keep changing the prices while the tournament is on. This makes them look greedy and unorganised. Why didn't they declare the increased price for semis and final while they changed the price last time?

Rabz
February 26, 2012, 04:16 AM
^^ Cuz at that time, probably they wanted to see the response of the slashed ticket price.
Surely it worked and it was meant to be, so they got some courage to increase the price for the semis and final.

If the crowd was still low after the reduction of ticket price, they might not have gone for the increased price.

Jadukor
February 26, 2012, 05:18 AM
Yes, there will be a huge crowd in the semi-finals and final and its also understandable that the ticket prices will be higher. But they can't keep changing the prices while the tournament is on. This makes them look greedy and unorganised. Why didn't they declare the increased price for semis and final while they changed the price last time?

The answer lies in the post itself... They are greedy and unorganized... They should have done proper market research and come up with a fair valuation of the ticket price for the entire competition. Now they are simply trying to cash in as much as they can by milking the public a bit more

Rabz
February 26, 2012, 05:34 AM
So, after all these days and grueling intense competition, we got our first Semifinalist of BPL.
Who would have thought it would be Duronto Rajshahi.
Congrats to them.

Now, the next match could either complicate or ease out the process.
All depends on BB.
Or else we might confirm our 3 remaining semifinalist too.

F6_Turbo
February 26, 2012, 05:45 AM
Want barisal to win but have a feeling chittagong will win

Dhakablues
February 26, 2012, 05:56 AM
So, after all these days and grueling intense competition, we got our first Semifinalist of BPL.
Who would have thought it would be Duronto Rajshahi.
Congrats to them.

Now, the next match could either complicate or ease out the process.
All depends on BB.
Or else we might confirm our 3 remaining semifinalist too.

Bhai.. one thing for sure. Whenver Khaled Mashud is in the fold, you never under-estimate that team. Even the way they closed in todays match of only 106 to win, they were clinical and almost acted like they were the yellow jeresied Australian team. Absolutely professional. They didnt have the fancied name of Gayle, Afridi, Pollard, Tanveer, Murali, Jayasuriya... but they had the team they wanted and producing results with them.

Hats off to K(ing) M(aker) Pilot!!:notworthy:

firstlane
February 26, 2012, 06:04 AM
I want 3 wins-

Barisal to beat Ctg
Rajshahi to beat Dhk; and
Khulna over Syl

playmaker
February 26, 2012, 06:07 AM
raising the ticket price isnt objectionable because even the league matches in the IPL is worth 500 Rupees and that too for 1 match!

But then again, this is the first time the tournament is being held and BCB hopefully will learn from their mistakes

Zunaid
February 26, 2012, 06:17 AM
raising the ticket price isnt objectionable because even the league matches in the IPL is worth 500 Rupees and that too for 1 match!

But then again, this is the first time the tournament is being held and BCB hopefully will learn from their mistakes

It's marketing 101 - pricing. Unfortunately, there's not a lot of data to fall back on and they are adjusting their pricing model on the fly. Their original pricing decision was quite obviously flawed - apparently somebody stuck a finger in the air and said sure.

Had they done their market research - who are the customers (teenage and 20 something men), what events might impact attendance (SSC/HSC). and the frequency of games, they could have easily figured out the stadium would have been empty.

I think now they are emboldened by the weekend attendance the last few days and trying to maximize their take. Hopefully there is now enough data available to make a better pricing model.

playmaker
February 26, 2012, 07:08 AM
^^^^

I think the misunderstood.

Here is the plot:
Say there are many people in Dhaka who want to go and watch a match. Basically, those who would want to go to a match, theyll probably be going to at most 5 matches, and an average of 2 or maybe even 3 matches. However, as there are like 25 matches being held, the people are being selective about which they are going to watch the match. Its more than likely they go to support a homeside, and/or if its a holiday and theyre going to enjoy the cricket

As a result, youve got 25 games, theyve got the luxury to go to any match they want and the tickets are not short. However, if it was like 10 games in dhaka only and over a period of time, the same ppl would still want to go to about 2-3 matches but you have only 10 matches. So as a result, their choices decreases and they will go within the 2 matches.

Suppose a meal in a rich family and poor family. In rich families, they are a lot of dishes so the family dont have to have everything as their stomachs will be filled with most of the food left. At the same time, a meal in a poor family is small and they would probably have all of it regardless of whether they like it or not and sometimes they might even not have their stomach filled.

So basicallly, BCB should lessen the no. matches in Dhaka so youll notice an increase in the no. of spectators during the remaining games as the spectators have a small choice. At the same time, the tournament will have access to new fans at other cities like CTG and cities like sylhet, rajshahi could be added and these cities too will have a small number of matches to be played their. So you cut down the supply, people will rush to have what is left. THATS CALL BUSINESS.

TigerEz
February 26, 2012, 10:04 AM
barisal through to semis

Nadim
February 26, 2012, 10:41 AM
So how much is the prizemoney? Anyone?

F6_Turbo
February 26, 2012, 11:07 AM
Want barisal to win but have a feeling chittagong will win

Oh how I love being wrong!

MohammedC
February 26, 2012, 11:44 AM
Oh how I love being wrong!

Jodi CTG jittho thaile apnar post hoitho

"I knew CTG will win"

Dhakablues
February 26, 2012, 11:50 AM
But really, who wouldve thought that Barisal could come this far even without Gayle; Brad Hodge and Mustard really stepped up. And even though I feel a bit ambivalent about Icon players are not playing the matches.... I am glad that some of the locals shone for Barisal's path to the Semis. For Chittagong,,, I dont know what to say or feel!!

playmaker
February 26, 2012, 11:57 AM
But really, who wouldve thought that Barisal could come this far even without Gayle; Brad Hodge and Mustard really stepped up. And even though I feel a bit ambivalent about Icon players are not playing the matches.... I am glad that some of the locals shone for Barisal's path to the Semis. For Chittagong,,, I dont know what to say or feel!!

4 win in first 5 matches and 1 win the last 5 matches

Tamimer bod dua ari

Ar Nasir jamshed baje khelse, shetau arekta point.

F6_Turbo
February 26, 2012, 11:58 AM
Jodi CTG jittho thaile apnar post hoitho

"I knew CTG will win"

No...this was simply an instance of me being completely wrong, and HAPPY to be wrong.

lamisa
February 26, 2012, 12:44 PM
i hope one of the other 2 teams is khulna!

MohammedC
February 26, 2012, 12:52 PM
i hope one of the other 2 teams is khulna!

No to get qualified. Yes why not. KRB will receive a Royal Drubbing by Sylhet Royals.

rakib08
February 26, 2012, 03:06 PM
A Pakistani Arrested for possible connection with spot Fixing today at 11:00 PM BST
http://onlinewatchsport.com/watch-live-bpl-t20-update-a-pakistani-arrested-for-possible-connection-with-spot-fixing-online/

playmaker
February 26, 2012, 09:36 PM
Not Good for BPL but its a good thing BCB has their ears up.

I think BCB has done pretty much a good experimenting with BPL, changing the ticket price, looking forward to new venues and stuffs. Now just cancel our trip to Pakistan becoz I dont want our players to get contacted(leave alone getting involved) by Bookies

F6_Turbo
February 26, 2012, 10:41 PM
Having never sat anywhere but the hospitality 'boxes', but wanting to have a bit more fun this time around, what stand/gallery is best in terms of views?

I'm paying for 12-15 ppl, so either the 300 or 500 taka tickets. Any help would be much appreciated...

PoorFan
February 27, 2012, 12:22 AM
Having never sat anywhere but the hospitality 'boxes', but wanting to have a bit more fun this time around, what stand/gallery is best in terms of views?

I'm paying for 12-15 ppl, so either the 300 or 500 taka tickets. Any help would be much appreciated...
Do us a favor please, buy a franchise next year, we all would feel very proud being associate with.

firstlane
February 27, 2012, 12:27 AM
A Pakistani Arrested for possible connection with spot Fixing today at 11:00 PM BST
http://onlinewatchsport.com/watch-live-bpl-t20-update-a-pakistani-arrested-for-possible-connection-with-spot-fixing-online/

We still don't know what happened to the 'Mashrafe Incident' at the begining of the tournament. I am sure nothing will be done about this one as well.

F6_Turbo
February 27, 2012, 12:49 AM
Do us a favor please, buy a franchise next year, we all would feel very proud being associate with.

Bhai, ami gorib manush - franchise spell kora is a big deal for me, ami abar purchase korbo? hahha....

Anywayz...got the tickets! They are selling like crazy - I think the stadium will be just about full(lots of people buying tickets for the final too). The nominal rise in price isn't bothering anyone.

Dhaka Bank - Dhanmondi said they no longer had tickets for the Eastern Stand(Tk. 300), and the North Stand(Tk.500) was just about gone too...rest weren't going to be around till closing time.

When I was leaving, there were around 80 people in line behind me and it was barely 11am.

playmaker
February 27, 2012, 05:22 AM

I say go for western gallery youll have some protection from the sun in a day game

But since you are paying for so many go for a normal gallery. The international gallery, southern northern gallery are very expensive

BengaliPagol
February 27, 2012, 05:59 AM
I say go for western gallery youll have some protection from the sun in a day game

But since you are paying for so many go for a normal gallery. The international gallery, southern northern gallery are very expensive

Food facilities are horrible at the stadium.

TigerEz
February 27, 2012, 06:40 AM
kieron pollard is leaving today..and this was his last match

F6_Turbo
February 27, 2012, 06:42 AM
Food facilities are horrible at the stadium.

What, no sausage roll and VB on tap?

No..I'm kidding, food and drink facilities are very poor.

Rabz
February 27, 2012, 06:54 AM

Really ??
Source ??

I thought he was staying for the whole tournament.

Boomerang
February 27, 2012, 06:55 AM

If it is so then when afridi and ajmal will come it will be an epic fight between 5 paki vs 6 bang in the same team. what a crap.

Equinox
February 27, 2012, 07:10 AM
Really ??
Source ??

I thought he was staying for the whole tournament.
Arun Lal announced it in the presentation ceremony today. So that frees up one of the overseas slots, and the other one will most likely be vacated by Darren Stevens, so that Afridi and Ajmal can come in. I think Dhaka should also drop Anamul and play Dhiman.

playmaker
February 27, 2012, 07:15 AM

And the Toilets!!

You dont find such toilets even in Dubai hotels

:p

Im serious :E

Seraphen
February 27, 2012, 08:44 AM
WTH? CTG is through?

Equinox
February 27, 2012, 08:50 AM
WTH? CTG is through?
Yup!! Outrageous! Barishal have been robbed.

Zunaid
February 27, 2012, 08:58 AM
This is unfair.

playmaker
February 27, 2012, 09:07 AM
Poor decision, shouldve told earlier

Maybe CTG bribed them?? O.O

Equinox
February 27, 2012, 09:12 AM
Whole world uses NRR or bonus points, where did they come up with this head-to-head crap? And why wait till today to reveal this? The table for the entire tournament showed NRR only and suddenly today they show head-to-head?

F6_Turbo
February 27, 2012, 09:30 AM
Are you f-ing kidding me?

Another instance of the people in charge making up the rules as they go? From the commentators to the players, everyone was calculating NRR

:lol:

zazabor
February 27, 2012, 09:38 AM
this is bulshit... disgrace of BPL .. so unfair.. erokom hoile nRR rke eto imp dise keno etodin..

playmaker
February 27, 2012, 09:41 AM
I wonder whether BCB is to be blamed or BPL governing committee?? Who cares, it should be run by BCites who have ten time more the intelligence of the officials

Its not a matter of which team goes on and which team gets out, pathetic to introduce a decision when the tournament is almost at its end

F6_Turbo
February 27, 2012, 09:42 AM
^Have we had any reactions from the owners of the Barisal franchise? Can't imagine they're going to accept this very easily

Jonas
February 27, 2012, 09:55 AM
@Playmaker, as far as I understand they didn't make this H2H rule up today. It was there from the beginning, but the commentators and even the officials weren't aware of it. So, there's nothing unfair -- although the confusion is harsh for the Barsial team.

playmaker
February 27, 2012, 09:59 AM
@Playmaker, as far as I understand they didn't make this H2H rule up today. It was there from the beginning, but the commentators and even the officials weren't aware of it. So, there's nothing unfair -- although the confusion is harsh for the Barsial team.

Do you think even the coaches wouldnt know that???

They made the decision just today, showing how professional they are(SARCASM)

AsifTheManRahman
February 27, 2012, 09:59 AM
It's fair if the rule was there from the beginning. Frankly, I'm not sure whether NRR > H2H or vice versa. Both make sense, regardless of what the norm is.

Now if they just made it up after the Barisal game, then it's a huge mistake.

Jonas
February 27, 2012, 10:01 AM
Do you think even the coaches wouldnt know that???

Given how hastily everything has been put together, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

F6_Turbo
February 27, 2012, 10:03 AM
Given how hastily everything has been put together, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

But in the last 48-72 hours when everyone and their elementary school kid has been sitting around calculating all the different permutations for NRR qualification, including the on air commentators and pundits, surely you'd think someone from the board would have said....

pssst...pssst...fellas, umm, we're actually going to go by H2H, not NRR.

hbk619
February 27, 2012, 10:04 AM

note that there are some experienced commentators as well....arun lal, danny, and pat symcox.....they didn't know either.....

playmaker
February 27, 2012, 10:17 AM

Everything worked perfectly, just that at the last moment they made an adjustment.

I wonder how Brad Hodge is feeling

AsifTheManRahman
February 27, 2012, 10:23 AM
Does anyone have a source for this? Or is it something that was just mentioned on air? I missed it completely.

Awla
February 27, 2012, 10:29 AM
That is called Spot fixing... good job by Chittagong owner
BPL is turning into BullS**t Premier League

playmaker
February 27, 2012, 10:36 AM
maybe that Sajid guy bribed BCB to ensure that Nasir Jamshed plays more

This is bad

allrounder
February 27, 2012, 10:39 AM
BPL is so far a huge fail. Scores are on average low, and there are hardly any tight matches. Above all not many Bangladeshi players are not making the top list. I do not see how this can last another season.

simon
February 27, 2012, 10:40 AM
can someone tell me out of 30 matches how many MoM awards were won by a BDeshi pls? :sigh:

playmaker
February 27, 2012, 10:41 AM
BPL is so far a huge fail. Scores are on average low, and there are hardly any tight matches. Above all not many Bangladeshi players are not making the top list. I do not see how this can last another season.

scores arent bad, weve seen lots of runs scored

Tight matches: Must agree about that but you cant really make that happen

Dont worry, its just the beginning, things will improve next year I hope

Awla
February 27, 2012, 10:42 AM
[বাংলা]সেমিফাইনালে বরিশাল বার্নার্সের বদলে চট্টগ্রাম কিংস[/বাংলা]

আগের দিন চট্টগ্রাম কিংসের বিপক্ষে অসাধারণ জয় দিয়ে সেমিফাইনালে ওঠার আনন্দ উদযাপন করেছিলো বরিশাল বার্নার্স। অথচ সোমবার বাংলাদেশ প্রিমিয়ার লিগের (বিপিএল) টেকনিক্যাল কমিটির সভার সিদ্ধান্ত অনুযায়ী বরিশাল বার্নার্সের বদলে সেমিফাইনালে খেলার সুযোগ পাচ্ছে চট্টগ্রাম কিংস।

লিগ পর্ব শেষে ঢাকা গ¬্যাডিয়েটর্স (০.২১০), বরিশাল বার্নার্স (০.১৭৮) ও চট্টগ্রাম কিংসের (০.০৭৮) সংগ্রহ ১০ পয়েন্ট করে। নিট রান রেটে পিছিয়ে থাকায় চট্টগ্রাম কিংসের বাদ পড়ার কথা।

কিন্তু বিপিএল গভর্নিং কাউন্সিলের সভাপতি গাজী আশরাফ হোসেন লিপু দিয়েছেন নতুন তথ্য। সোমবার মিরপুর শের-ই-বাংলা জাতীয় ক্রিকেট স্টেডিয়ামে সাংবাদিকদের তিনি জানান, “মুখোমুখি লড়াইয়ের হিসেবে বাদ পড়ে গেছে বরিশাল বার্নার্স।”

“ঢাকা গ¬¬্যাডিয়েটর্স, চট্টগ্রাম কিংস ও বরিশাল বার্নার্স নিজেদের মধ্যে ছয়টি ম্যাচ খেলেছে। এর মধ্যে ঢাকা গ¬¬্যাডিয়েটর্স জিতেছে ৩টি ম্যাচ, চট্টগ্রাম কিংস জিতেছে দুটি ম্যাচ আর একটি জয় পেয়েছে বরিশাল বার্নার্স,” যোগ করেন তিনি।

বিপিএলের বাইলজের ২১এর ৮এর দুই নম্বর উপধারা অনুযায়ী বরিশাল বার্নার্স বাদ পড়েছে বলে জানানো হয়। ওই ধারায় বলা আছে, তিন বা ততোধিক দলের পয়েন্ট সমান হলে তাদের মধ্যকার খেলায় বেশি জয় পাওয়া দল এগিয়ে থাকবে। আর জয় সমান হলে তবেই আসবে রান রেটের হিসেব।

এ প্রসঙ্গে বরিশাল বার্নার্সের পরিচালক তুহিন রেজা বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকমকে বলেন, “চট্টগ্রাম কিংসের মুখোমুখি হওয়ার আগে বিপিএল গভর্নিং কাউন্সিল ও টেকনিক্যাল কমিটি আমাদের জানিয়েছিলো সেমিফাইনাল নিশ্চিত করতে হলে ১৬ ওভারের মধ্যে জিততে হবে।”

“আমরা সেই অনুযায়ী খেলেছি, দলও জিতেছে। এখন আমরা সেমিফাইনালে খেলার প্রস্তুতি নিচ্ছি,” যোগ করেন তিনি।

SOURCE (http://cricket.bdnews24.com/bangla/details.php?cid=26&id=187151)

playmaker
February 27, 2012, 10:46 AM
now curse the the guyz who conveyed the wrong information...

dolcevita
February 27, 2012, 10:52 AM
What is this shiiit , it's unprofessionnal

Naimul_Hd
February 27, 2012, 11:01 AM
Big bluff in BPL !

This is the current point table which is shown in the official BPLT20 site (this includes HtoH in the table):

http://<wbr>digicricket.marssil.com/match/<wbr>Tournament.aspx?id=15 (http://digicricket.marssil.com/match/Tournament.aspx?id=15)

But, see this Google cache page, there was no HtoH in the table even a few days ago!

http://<wbr>webcache.googleusercontent.com/<wbr>search?q=cache%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fd<wbr>igicricket.marssil.com%2Fmatch<wbr>%2FTournament.aspx%3Fid%3D15&i<wbr>e=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fdigicricket.marssil. com%2Fmatch%2FTournament.aspx%3Fid%3D15&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t)

And, here is the post match conference in official BPL webstie:

Barisal needed 151 runs to win in 16 overs to qualify for the semi-finals. Not only did Barisal win, they also reached the finish line with 30 balls to spare and got the ticket to the next round. An elated Shahriar Nafees, Barisal Burners' icon player who did not play the crucial game against Chittagong Kings on Sunday, was at the post-match press conference to answer journalists' questions.

http://bplt20.com.bd/news/28th-match-post-match-press-conference-bpl.html

It confirms that BPL authority changed the rules to take CGK to semis, What a Shame! The stupids didn't even change the press conference report!

Zunaid
February 27, 2012, 11:03 AM
Please take a screen shot and save.

F6_Turbo
February 27, 2012, 11:05 AM
BPL technical committee decided on Monday.

BPL governing council president Gazi Ashraf Hossain Lipu

This is the guy we need to direct our rage at - very disappointed.

playmaker
February 27, 2012, 11:05 AM
Yeah exactly, i didnt see any HtoH thing

I just heard it for the first time

playmaker
February 27, 2012, 11:07 AM
BPL technical committee decided on Monday.

BPL governing council president Gazi Ashraf Hossain Lipu

This is the guy we need to direct our rage at - very disappointed.

hmm

and other officials of the Governing Council

F6_Turbo
February 27, 2012, 11:11 AM
hmm

and other officials of the Governing Council

Nope him...we give Lotus crap for everything, because he is the head honcho, well in this instance Lipu is the head honcho of the governing council, and has to bear responsibility for these shenanigans.

If he was coerced into this, he should have resigned on principle. We've had a great inaugural BPL(yes with plenty of teething problems), but overall it has been a big success.

But all of that pales into insignificance with the incompetence(and I'm being kind here, I want to use a different term) shown with this H2H/NRR farce.

MohammedC
February 27, 2012, 11:12 AM
Very bad. Cant except it.

dash
February 27, 2012, 11:15 AM
even amateur comp has bylaws which are agreed and signed by all parties before......if burners actually signed it than it doesn't put them in any ground albeit all the hoopla on the contrary if they hadnt signed anything than they can potentially follow other actions

playmaker
February 27, 2012, 11:17 AM
I think only 1 thing can be done

BPL govering committee should accept their mistake, and apologize to Barisal, thats the best and the least thing they should do

Night_wolf
February 27, 2012, 11:20 AM
I think only 1 thing can be done

BPL govering committee should accept their mistake, and apologize to Barisal, thats the best and the least thing they should do

how about the other thing?..letting barishal play their deserving semifinal..and keep the Head to Head for next year

zsayeed
February 27, 2012, 11:22 AM
Chittagong got lucky in making the final 4, BB had a better RR. Had this tournament put RR before HH then CK would have been out and BB in. Sorry BB, you deserved better. Sad to see technicalities decide at this level. Who ever heard of HH precede NRR? The CB Series has the same rule, HH before NRR. The WC2011 based on NRR first, then wickets per ball, then HH.
http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/zsayeed/temmm.jpg

AsifTheManRahman
February 27, 2012, 11:25 AM
This is unacceptable and definitely takes a lot away from the success that the tournament had been up until this bit of drama.

godzilla
February 27, 2012, 11:41 AM
What the hell is a HH? WTF is happening here? CH has a lower RR than BB, why is it that they qualified instead of BB? Is this some kind of a joke?

Rifat
February 27, 2012, 11:48 AM
It's fair if the rule was there from the beginning. Frankly, I'm not sure whether NRR > H2H or vice versa. Both make sense, regardless of what the norm is.

Now if they just made it up after the Barisal game, then it's a huge mistake.

my sentiments exactly.

On another Note, It goes to show that as a team You need to win at least 60% of the games to qualify for the Playoffs no matter what(to be on the safe side). Feel really Bad For Barisal. This should fire them up for next BPL.

Rifat
February 27, 2012, 11:49 AM
I would LMAO if Chittagong wins this...:)

MohammedC
February 27, 2012, 12:04 PM
This is how I feel about BPL committee

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" style="display:block;margin:0" width="640" height="360" data="http://www.kyte.tv/f/"><param name="movie" value="http://www.kyte.tv/f/" /><param name="flashVars" value="p=2692&s=1609880&c=340009" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /></object>

F6_Turbo
February 27, 2012, 12:08 PM
I would LMAO if Chittagong wins this...:)

And Tamim the MoM in the final... The World as we know it, would end.

Night_wolf
February 27, 2012, 12:10 PM
And Tamim the MoM in the final... The World as we know it, would end.

watching wwe i see

dash
February 27, 2012, 12:12 PM
This is how I feel about BPL committee

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" style="display:block;margin:0" width="640" height="360" data="http://www.kyte.tv/f/"><param name="movie" value="http://www.kyte.tv/f/" /><param name="flashVars" value="p=2692&s=1609880&c=340009" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /></object>

oh dear! did the bowler live to bowl another bowl?

TigerEz
February 27, 2012, 12:12 PM
wtf?????? i went to the doctor for and hour and i come back and this??????????bullpoop

Tigers_eye
February 27, 2012, 12:14 PM
After all the celebration they made in the field? Sorry for BB.

Nadim
February 27, 2012, 12:17 PM
So who is facing who is the semi final??

Habib
February 27, 2012, 12:32 PM
watching wwe i see

There is nothing to do with wwe in his post :confused:

Dhakablues
February 27, 2012, 12:34 PM
This is total fiasco... I mean even when the commentators were saying that BB will need to win it in 16 overs, how come Raqibul Hasan, match referee send a note to correct the statement? I mean there was no clarification during the match or after when ALL of them were in present.

BB played their hearts out for this match and with their momentum, they very well couldve reached the final because they have the firepower to overcome all the teams.. Lipu and Loitta better explain this better and apologize for their non-challance!!

Night_wolf
February 27, 2012, 12:38 PM
There is nothing to do with wwe in his post :confused:

then obviously you haven't been watching:)

The World as we know it, would end

This the new catchphrase of the returning Chris Jericho

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6i2rZPzNGys" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

F6_Turbo
February 27, 2012, 12:46 PM
Night_wolf, no wrestling for me.

Wait why aren't the semi finals,

1 vs 4 & 2 vs 3?

On my tickets it says, 2 vs 4 & 1 vs 3

Equinox
February 27, 2012, 12:49 PM
^Commies were saying it'd be 1 v 4 and 2 v 3

That is some effed up **** if DR has to face Dhaka with Afridi and Ajmal after finishing first.

TigerEz
February 27, 2012, 12:50 PM
Semi Final Match Ups____

1) Duronto Rajshahi VS Chittagong Kings

2) Dhaka Gladiators VS Khulna Royal Bengals

my prediction for finals: Dhaka vs Rajshahi

Jonas
February 27, 2012, 12:51 PM
Guys do any of you have proofs that the rulebook has been changed today to accommodate Chittagong? If not, then it does not matter what the commentators, the website, the coaches or even what the authorities said unknowingly. The rule book -- which was written prior to the start of the tournament -- is the final word.

Also, Barisal being told they had to get the total in 16 overs, made no difference in the end. There was no way they could've changed the H2H outcome even if they had been told the actual rule.

So, this is a PR and management disaster. But, as far as what we know so far, no rules have been broken and Barisal haven't been robbed or cheated out of the competition.

HereWeGo
February 27, 2012, 12:54 PM
Night_wolf, no wrestling for me.

Wait why aren't the semi finals,

1 vs 4 & 2 vs 3?

On my tickets it says, 2 vs 4 & 1 vs 3

One after another elementary mistakes.......

Time to fire Lipu and co..

Goofup list
1) Only 2 chittagong home matches in chittagong compared to 4 games Khulna gets to play there.

2) Misguiding the team into thinking they qualified for semis :notworthy: (this one is epic)

3) Allowing 22 players in the squad while the tournament is already half way done

4) Who schedules Semifinal like 1vs 3 and 2 vs 4, that is just idiotic

5) No game on Friday :clap:

6) Changing the ticket pricing 2ice..

F6_Turbo
February 27, 2012, 12:54 PM
^Commies were saying it'd be 1 v 4 and 2 v 3

That is some effed up **** if DR has to face Dhaka with Afridi and Ajmal after finishing first.

I don't even know anymore, checked all my tickets and they say the 'wrong' thing

Jonas
February 27, 2012, 01:09 PM
This should settle it, I hope:

http://bplt20.com.bd/media/news/1330365175_By-laws-2.jpg

It has been confirmed that Chittagong Kings are to be the fourth team through to the BPL semi-finals, after much confusion surrounding who among Chittagong and Barisal Burners would go through.

The confusion arose because during Barisal’s match against Chittagong on Sunday, the broadcasters Channel 9 flashed the message that Barisal needed to chase the winning target of 151 in sixteen overs to go through. The Burners accomplished it in fifteen overs and celebrated what they thought was their semi-final ticket.

But as it turned out after Dhaka Gladiators’ loss to Duronto Rajshahi in today’s evening game, there were three teams tied on 10 points after completing all their league games – Dhaka Gladiators, Barisal Burners and Chittagong Kings. Khulna Royal Bengals, also on ten points, still had a match to play against Sylhet Royals. It was widely thought that net run rates would decide who goes through in the event of teams ending on equal points, but the tournament by-laws say that head-to-head results would be considered before the net run rate.

The by-laws in this regard state:

“When three or more teams finish with equal points and equal wins in the league, then the team(s) which was (were) the winner of the most number of matches played between those equal teams in the league will be placed in the higher position(s). If after applying this criterion there are any teams which are still equal then such equal teams shall be ranked according to their net run rate in the league.
If following the net run rate calculation above there are teams which are still equal, then the team with the higher number of wickets taken per ball bowled in the league in which results were achieved will be placed in the higher position.
In the highly unlikely event the teams cannot be separated by the above this will be done by drawing lots.”

According to the by-laws, among the tied teams Barisal, Chittagong and Dhaka, Barisal were in the worst position as regards head-to-head calculations, and so have been eliminated from the semi-finals.

The semi-finals line-up (after Khulna’s victory over Sylhet) for tomorrow are as follows:

1st semi-final: Duronto Rajshahi vs Chittagong Kings (Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium)
2nd semi-final: Khulna Royal Bengals vs Dhaka Gladiators (Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium).

http://bplt20.com.bd/news/semifinal-line-up-bpl.html

Dilscoop
February 27, 2012, 01:19 PM
LOL looks like Ive missed some funny bizniz. Poor BB was celebrating like Shafiul Islam? I wish they'd made the SF, I was rooting for this underdog.

Now imagine if Chris Gayle was still playing for BB... ha

Nadim
February 27, 2012, 01:19 PM
From Isam bhai's Fb status.

12:14am and the Barisal Burners are still in a meeting with the BPL. Will three teams turn up for the first semifinal?

What is BB trying to do?? When they sign the paper, didn't they read it??

F6_Turbo
February 27, 2012, 01:24 PM
So it seems there was no favoritism at hand, rather a lot of incorrect assumptions made by the broadcaster, teams and fans. But the board still had a responsibility to act on this earlier. Forget the BB, poor Riad looked like he was going to cry as the match finished. That no one knew what was going on, is poor from all concerned

F6_Turbo
February 27, 2012, 01:26 PM
Lotus kamal is live on 'maachranga' - I'm trying to call, but no luck so far :(

AsifTheManRahman
February 27, 2012, 01:31 PM
[বাংলা]
এ প্রসঙ্গে বরিশাল বার্নার্সের পরিচালক তুহিন রেজা বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকমকে বলেন, “চট্টগ্রাম কিংসের মুখোমুখি হওয়ার আগে বিপিএল গভর্নিং কাউন্সিল ও টেকনিক্যাল কমিটি আমাদের জানিয়েছিলো সেমিফাইনাল নিশ্চিত করতে হলে ১৬ ওভারের মধ্যে জিততে হবে।”

SOURCE (http://cricket.bdnews24.com/bangla/details.php?cid=26&id=187151)
So the governing body wasn't aware of the rules either? And how come all these false assumptions weren't corrected by the officials during the game?

Nadim
February 27, 2012, 01:31 PM

keep trying. ekta lomba salam diyen amar torof thika :D

mufi_02
February 27, 2012, 01:42 PM

Its past midnight and he is in Live TV. Wow, things must be very heated now.

MohammedC
February 27, 2012, 01:49 PM
Burn Baby Burn

BengaliPagol
February 27, 2012, 02:04 PM

Why cant they make an effort to improve this???