PDA

View Full Version : An opportunity

Isam
June 22, 2011, 01:30 PM
Anyone here interested to write/report/cover sports?
There are some exciting positions available for an interesting project that will get underway very soon.
Send me your details at isam84@gmail.com

Zeeshan
June 22, 2011, 02:08 PM
Sohel da is a good writer....looking forward for a giant collab.

MarufH
June 22, 2011, 02:39 PM
There are some exciting positions available for an interesting project that will get underway very soon.

Would you like to shed some light on what you meant by interesting project and exciting positions?

deshimon
June 22, 2011, 02:48 PM

Why haven't you mentioned the name of your interesting project and exciting position? How have you invented those things?

MarufH
June 22, 2011, 03:06 PM
Why haven't you mentioned the name of your interesting project and exciting position? How have you invented those things?

Isam bhai works for well known BD english newspaper "Daily Star" for those of you unaware of it.

Zeeshan
June 22, 2011, 03:08 PM
Izzy, where disappeared art thou?

Isam
June 22, 2011, 03:46 PM
The interesting project is a monthly sports magazine that will focus on local stories, players, issues, etc.

As I've said, if you're interested, send me your CV. Positions of interns are open. We will be conducting interviews shortly so for those living in Dhaka, send 'em in quick!

rinathq
June 22, 2011, 04:50 PM
The interesting project is a monthly sports magazine that will focus on local stories, players, issues, etc.

As I've said, if you're interested, send me your CV. Positions of interns are open. We will be conducting interviews shortly so for those living in Dhaka, send 'em in quick!

I have sent you an email.........

Zeeshan
June 22, 2011, 05:16 PM
As Google would say: Rent more than music.

Why would I sent CV, etcetera without even knowing what I am appying for? Besides if it's a new experimental journal that will circulate and not a renowned one like cricinfo or daily star, my heart at least won't skip a beat to stand in line for interviews.

Withdrawn.

riankhan
June 22, 2011, 07:18 PM
Appreciate for sharing the info Isam vai. Hope some one from BC will join the force :)

Isam
June 23, 2011, 03:24 AM

Why would I sent CV, etcetera without even knowing what I am appying for? Besides if it's a new experimental journal that will circulate and not a renowned one like cricinfo or daily star, my heart at least won't skip a beat to stand in line for interviews.

Withdrawn.

Dude..nobody's put a gun to your head!

But yeah, it is a Daily Star publication.

Ammar
June 23, 2011, 03:31 AM
I was really Excited by the Thread Title "An Opportunity" Thought I would replace Mustafa Kamal))

mac
June 23, 2011, 08:49 AM
Hmm...looks like a good opportunity. Thinking of applying.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Beamer
June 23, 2011, 09:51 AM
Sohel da is a good writer....looking forward for a giant collab.

Yup. That's gonna work out well :)

Beamer
June 23, 2011, 09:52 AM

I assume its open to only people living in Dhaka ( or, BD )? Good luck though..

lamisa
June 23, 2011, 10:05 AM
i want to work!

MarufH
June 23, 2011, 10:27 AM

Withdrawn.

A bit childish for "BC Staff, Member, Article Editorial Board".... keep your weight man... there are ways of saying no.

Zeeshan
June 23, 2011, 10:29 AM
A bit childish for "BC Staff, Member, Article Editorial Board".... keep your weight man... there are ways of saying no.

Please mind your own business.

MarufH
June 23, 2011, 10:36 AM
What you gonna do? Banned me?

It's an open forum... you post something so that you can have your voice heard and get feedback from others. If you can't keep your weight then how are you gonna expect others to respect and follow forum rules?

tiger_army
June 23, 2011, 11:26 AM

im sorry to say, but I found a bit of arrogance here.

meazz1
June 23, 2011, 11:35 AM

Misuse of our authority and power.

It runs in most of our ,Bangladeshi, blood. You can't help it.

roman
June 23, 2011, 11:51 AM
Lets move on please. This is a public forum and Rule#1 is you have to have hard epidermis..Dont let these silly things bother you..We also can expect reverential attitude from the staff. And they certainly did set the standard high...

_Rafi_
June 23, 2011, 12:16 PM
I think relevant people got their message already. Now this thread should be moved to OT section. And should be locked too.

deshimon
June 23, 2011, 12:26 PM
We hope that our forum's staff have to have gravity and their post will be always thoughtful. If they mistake any body can mention it as we as well as our forum's staffs sometimes rebuke BCB for their fault. But when they mistake if any one directs they shouldn't be angry.

Zunaid
June 23, 2011, 12:28 PM
What the hell is wrong with you guys? Zeeshan has NO forum regulation powers and privileges - he is bound by the same rules as you ALL are when you signed up for the forum. He is a volunteer who has been asked to be part of the team that edits articles we publish from time to time. ALL BC staff are volunteers - they donate their time so that BC can provide quality content to all the members who visit here. The moderators are those who moderate the forums to ensure that the discussions here are civil and everyone finds a welcoming place to express their opinions.

This is NOT an open forum. When you signed on you agreed to abide by the rules of the forum.

THIS IS NOT AN OPEN FORUM.

- As admin

Zunaid
June 23, 2011, 12:29 PM
We hope that our forum's staff have to have gravity and their post will be always thoughtful. If they mistake any body can mention it as we as well as our forum's staffs sometimes rebuke BCB for their fault. But when they mistake if any one directs they shouldn't be angry.

The forum has NO staff. The forum has moderators that ensure discussions here follow the rules of BC.

Staff are volunteers that help with the OTHER parts of the BC site.

On the forum they are ALL lay members.

- As admin

RazabQ
June 23, 2011, 01:50 PM
Z khepse!

MarufH
June 23, 2011, 01:52 PM
What the hell is wrong with you guys? Zeeshan has NO forum regulation powers and privileges - he is bound by the same rules as you ALL are when you signed up for the forum. He is a volunteer who has been asked to be part of the team that edits articles we publish from time to time. ALL BC staff are volunteers - they donate their time so that BC can provide quality content to all the members who visit here. The moderators are those who moderate the forums to ensure that the discussions here are civil and everyone finds a welcoming place to express their opinions.

This is NOT an open forum. When you signed on you agreed to abide by the rules of the forum.

THIS IS NOT AN OPEN FORUM.

- As admin

Dr. Z,

What I meant by open forum is everyone can voice their opinion. If it's not an open forum, this gives plenty more reason why Zeeshan should be accountable for what he says.

I appreciate all the hard work that goes in from keeping the forums clean and making it a great place for us cricket lovers. However, my point is, if you are representing BC any way, you should put some thought into what you write as others look up to you. And it is absolutely unfair if some members are punished for the same reason that others are not punished for.

Zeeshan
June 23, 2011, 02:49 PM
Z khepse!

Best double entendre I ever saw. :)

Zeeshan
June 23, 2011, 02:50 PM
As for me, well I was curt but not rude I admit. I would have posted the same thing without my title since it didn't violate any rule. roman so far got the point of having a thick skin....

AsifTheManRahman
June 23, 2011, 04:21 PM
What I meant by open forum is everyone can voice their opinion.
That's exactly what ZeeshanM (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=7191) has done in this case, i.e. made his voice heard. And he's right, you don't just dish out your CV without the slightest idea of what you're getting yourself into, unless you're desperate. Even a high-level/generic job description would have made sense if the details aren't available/are of a confidential nature.

How's that for an opinion? :)

MarufH
June 23, 2011, 05:01 PM
to AMR - True.. but he came around and told me to mind my own business.... and that's why I said if you say something in public (open forum), you better be able take the criticism. That's all. Like I said, there are ways of saying "no" rather than being harsh about it.

For example, if you look up, I was the first person to ask him what he meant by "interesting project and exciting positions?"

mac
June 25, 2011, 11:09 AM
What's the deadline Isam bro?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)