PDA

View Full Version : Manmohan Singh's Comment on Bangladesh

firstlane
July 1, 2011, 07:08 PM
PMO scramble to edit Dhaka line
OUR SPECIAL CORRESPONDENT

New Delhi, July 1: A quarter of the Bangladeshi population is “anti-Indian”, Manmohan Singh told newspaper editors at a meeting recently, but the PMO later removed the lines from the official transcript.

Some diplomats said the words had the potential to wreck his visit to Dhaka this year.

The observation found its way into the official transcript of Singh’s June 29 interaction but an embarrassed PMO today deleted all his comments on Bangladesh and posted a “corrected transcript of the interaction between the PM and newspaper editors” on its website.

On Wednesday, Singh said India’s relations with Bangladesh were “good” but described the political situation in the neighbouring country as uncertain. Then he added: “We must reckon that at least 25 per cent of the population of Bangladesh swears by the Jamiat-ul-Islami and they are very anti-Indian, and they are in the clutches, many times, of the ISI.”

Singh further said the “political landscape in Bangladesh can change at any time. We do not know what these terrorist elements, who have a hold on the Jamiat-e-Islami elements in Bangladesh, can be up to”.

Sources in the government felt the Prime Minister was more forthright than desirable. A source feared the damage may have already been done and may cloud external affairs minister S.M. Krishna’s visit to Dhaka next week to prepare for Singh’s visit later this year. “The PM’s comments could give Opposition leader Khaleda Zia and anti-India outfits a handle on Bangaldeshi PM Sheikh Hasina. They have consistently accused Hasina of being an Indian stooge and the PM may have unwittingly given them more ammunition against Hasina,” a source said.

Singh, a long-standing advocate for better relations with neighbours, commended the Hasina-led government on Wednesday. “The Bangladesh government has gone out of its way to help us in apprehending the anti-Indian insurgent groups which were operating from Bangladesh for a long time,” he said.

He added that India had reciprocated by offering a $1-billion credit line to Dhaka and was looking at ways to extend further unilateral concessions. “We are also looking at ways and means of finding a practical and pragmatic solution to the sharing of Teesta waters…. I plan to go there myself. The external affairs minister is planning to go later this week.”

A former diplomat who served in Bangladesh a decade ago said: “Political parties, regimes and institutions such as the defence forces may be anti-Indian but it isn’t fair to describe a people as such.

“Bangladeshis want a better life. They will support Hasina’s efforts to have better relations with New Delhi if they see promise of prosperity in this.”

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1110702/jsp/nation/story_14188057.jsp

Naimul_Hd
July 1, 2011, 08:05 PM
Then he added: “We must reckon that at least 25 per cent of the population of Bangladesh swears by the Jamiat-ul-Islami and they are very anti-Indian, and they are in the clutches, many times, of the ISI.”Utter rubbish. 25% of BD population supports Jamat !??? You want me to believe it ???

Singh further said the “political landscape in Bangladesh can change at any time. We do not know what these terrorist elements, who have a hold on the Jamiat-e-Islami elements in Bangladesh, can be up to”.Political landscape in Bangladesh can change at any time ! Seriously ?? I don't find any reason to have massive turnaround in our country for next 2-3 years. He commented as if Bangladesh are deep sh*t like Pakistan. I suggest Mr. Singh to look up to Pakistan's current situation and then compare Bangladesh.

[বাংলা]ইন্ডিয়ান গোয়েন্দারাও যে গাজাখুরি গল্প বানাতে উস্তাদ সেটা আবারো প্রমান দিল ![/বাংলা]

But his comments are good head up for Bangladeshi Govt specially this govt. They cant afford to hold back from prosecuting War Criminals. We need to remove the root of all these evil minded Islamic people.

Zeeshan
July 1, 2011, 11:40 PM
Neeeeeel....we are missing you in this thread. Taratari domkol bahini niye chole aso... Pupu pupu pupu....

Naimul_Hd
July 2, 2011, 12:54 AM
[বাংলা] বিবিসিকে দেব মুখার্জি

মনমোহনের মন্তব্য ভিত্তিহীন, দুঃখজনক (http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2011-07-02/news/167057)

প্রথম আলো ডেস্ক | তারিখ: ০২-০৭-২০১১

বাংলাদেশে যেকোনো সময় রাজনৈতিক পটপরিবর্তন হতে পারে বলে ভারতের প্রধানমন্ত্রী মনমোহন সিং যে আশঙ্কা প্রকাশ করেছেন, তাঁর সেই বক্তব্য নাকচ করে দিয়েছেন ভারতের কয়েকজন সাবেক কূটনীতিক।

বাংলাদেশে ভারতের সাবেক হাইকমিশনার দেব মুখার্জি বলেন, ‘মনমোহনের এই আশঙ্কা ভিত্তিহীন এবং তা বাংলাদেশের বর্তমান রাজনীতির সঙ্গে সামঞ্জস্যপূর্ণ নয়। তিনি কেন এটা বলেছেন, তা তো আমি বলতে পারি না। আমি শুধু আমার অভিমত জানাতে পারি। আমি মনে করি, এগুলো ভিত্তিহীন, দুঃখজনক।’

দেব মুখার্জি গতকাল শুক্রবার বিবিসিকে বলেন, ‘উনি (মনমোহন) যা বলেছেন, তার কোনো ভিত্তি আমি খুঁজে পাই না। তিনি বাংলাদেশের ব্যাপারে, জামায়াতের ব্যাপারে, বাংলাদেশের রাজনৈতিক পরিবর্তনের ব্যাপারে যে দুটো-তিনটে মন্তব্য করেছেন, আমি বলি এগুলো ভিত্তিহীন। ভারত-বিরোধিতা ছেড়ে দিলাম, যদি আমরা বাংলাদেশে জামায়াতের অবস্থান দেখি, তাহলে দেখতে পাব, ১৯৮৬ সালের নির্বাচনে প্রথমবার জামায়াত পেয়েছিল ১ শতাংশ ভোট, ১৯৯৬ সালে পেয়েছিল ৮ শতাংশের কিছু বেশি, আর গতবার পেয়েছিল ৪ শতাংশ ভোট।’

দেব মুখার্জি আরও বলেন, ‘কাজেই দুঃখের সঙ্গে বলতে হয় যে ভারতের প্রধানমন্ত্রী তথ্যের ওপর ভিত্তি করে কথাগুলো বলেননি। আমি মনে করি, মন্তব্যগুলো দুর্ভাগ্যজনক।’ মনমোহনের মন্তব্যে কোনো সুদূরপ্রসারী প্রভাব পড়বে কি না, এ প্রসঙ্গে দেব মুখার্জি বলেন, ‘আমার মনে হয় না, এই মন্তব্যের কারণে কোনো সুদূরপ্রসারী প্রভাব পড়বে। আবার ভারতের সঙ্গে বাংলাদেশের ভালো সম্পর্ক—এ কথাও বলেছেন তিনি। কিন্তু বাংলাদেশের অভ্যন্তরে জামায়াতের কতটা প্রভাব, বা সেখানে হঠাৎ পরিবর্তনের যে সম্ভাবনার কথা তিনি বলেছেন, এটা বলা মনে হয় খুব সমীচীন ছিল না।’

দেব মুখার্জি বলেন, ‘বাংলাদেশে অতীতে পরিবর্তন এসেছে, তবে সাম্প্রতিক কালে তো এ রকম কোনো আশঙ্কা আমরা দেখি না। গত নির্বাচনে বাংলাদেশের মানুষ নিজেদের অভিমত খুব পরিষ্কারভাবে জানিয়েছে। মাঝে একটা সময় গিয়েছিল, দুই বছর বিভিন্ন কারণে রাজনীতিবিদদের পারস্পরিক অবিশ্বাসের কারণে সামরিক শক্তি সরকারে “ইনভলভ” হয়েছিল। তবে এখন এ ধরনের আশঙ্কার কথা ব্যক্ত করা সমীচীন ছিল না ভারতীয় প্রধানমন্ত্রীর পক্ষ থেকে।’

অপ্রাসঙ্গিক মন্তব্য—মতিয়া চৌধুরী: ভারতের প্রধানমন্ত্রীর মন্তব্যের বিষয়ে কৃষিমন্ত্রী মতিয়া চৌধুরী গতকাল বিবিসিকে বলেন, ‘মনমোহন বিস্তারিত কী বলেছেন, তা আমাদের জানা নেই।’ তবে গণমাধ্যমে যেটুকু খবর তিনি দেখেছেন, তাতে তাঁর কাছে এই মন্তব্য অপ্রাসঙ্গিক বলে মনে হয়েছে।

মতিয়া চৌধুরী বলেন, ‘ভারতের প্রধানমন্ত্রীর বক্তব্য যেটুকু কাগজে এসেছে, তাতে প্রাথমিকভাবে বলতে পারি, এটা অপ্রাসঙ্গিক (আউট অব কনটেক্সট)। আমার মনে হয়, এটার ব্যাখ্যা ভারতের পররাষ্ট্র মন্ত্রণালয় ও প্রধানমন্ত্রীর কার্যালয় দিতে পারবে।’ এ ব্যাপারে ব্যাখ্যা চাওয়া হবে কি না, এমন প্রশ্নের জবাবে কৃষিমন্ত্রী বলেন, ‘নিশ্চয়ই, যোগাযোগ করে জানতে চাওয়া হবে। এটাই স্বাভাবিক প্রতিবেশীর কাছে জানতে চাওয়া।’

ভুল-বোঝাবুঝির সৃষ্টি—ললিত মানসিংহ: নয়াদিল্লি প্রতিনিধি জানান, ভারতের সাবেক পররাষ্ট্রসচিব ললিত মানসিংহ বলেছেন, মনমোহনের বক্তব্য একটি সাধারণ মন্তব্য, যা ভুল-বোঝাবুঝির সৃষ্টি করেছে। তিনি বলেন, এ ধরনের বক্তব্যের প্রতিক্রিয়া হয়তো প্রত্যাশিত ছিল। তিনি আরও বলেন, বাংলাদেশে ক্ষমতাসীন শেখ হাসিনা সরকারের সঙ্গে ভারত সরকারের বন্ধুত্বপূর্ণ এবং দুই দেশের মধ্যে গভীর সম্পর্ক রয়েছে।

অপ্রয়োজনীয় মন্তব্য—শ্রীরাধা: দিল্লিতে ইনস্টিটিউট ফর ডিফেন্স স্টাডিজ অ্যান্ড অ্যানালাইসিসের রিসার্চ ফেলো এবং বাংলাদেশ বিষয়ে বিশেষজ্ঞ শ্রীরাধা দত্ত বলেছেন, একটি নির্দিষ্টসংখ্যক বাংলাদেশি সম্পর্কে প্রধানমন্ত্রী মনমোহন যে মন্তব্য করেছেন, তা নিতান্ত অপ্রয়োজনীয়, বাস্তবতাবিবর্জিত তিনি বলেন, দুই দেশের দ্বিপক্ষীয় সম্পর্ক স্বাভাবিক রয়েছে। যখন পররাষ্ট্রমন্ত্রী ও প্রধানমন্ত্রী নিজে বাংলাদেশে সফর করতে যাচ্ছেন, ঠিক তার আগে এ ধরনের মন্তব্য করার কোনো প্রয়োজন ছিল না।

শ্রীরাধা বলেন, দুই দেশ সীমান্ত প্যাকেজ ও তিস্তার পানি বণ্টন নিয়ে চুক্তি করার লক্ষ্যে কাজ করছে। এমন পরিস্থিতিতে এ ধরনের মন্তব্য বাস্তব অবস্থার প্রতিফলন ঘটায় না।

এ মন্তব্যে বিস্মিত—বীনা সিক্রি: ইউএনবি জানায়, ঢাকায় ভারতের সাবেক হাইকমিশনার বীনা সিক্রি বলেছেন, ‘অন্য দেশের জনগণ সম্পর্কে এভাবে মন্তব্য করাকে আমি উচিত বলে মনে করি না।’ বাংলাদেশের এক-চতুর্থাংশ মানুষ জামায়াতে ইসলামীর সমর্থক বলে মনমোহন যে মন্তব্য করেছেন, সে প্রসঙ্গে বীনা সিক্রি বিস্ময় প্রকাশ করেন। তিনি বলেন, কোত্থেকে এমন হিসাব পাওয়া গেল, তা তাঁর কাছে বিস্ময়ের বিষয়।

দ্য হিন্দু পত্রিকাকে বীনা সিক্রি বলেন, বাংলাদেশের মোট ভোটারের এক-তৃতীয়াংশ বিএনপির সমর্থক, এক-তৃতীয়াংশ আওয়ামী লীগের সমর্থক। বাকি ৩৩ শতাংশ ভোটার থাকেন সিদ্ধান্তহীন (ভাসমান ভোটার)। তিনি বলেন, ‘বাংলাদেশের ২৫ শতাংশ মানুষ ভারতবিরোধী—আমি মনে করি এ কথা আপনি বলতে পারেন না। এর মানে কি এই দাঁড়ায় যে বেশির ভাগ বিএনপি-সমর্থক সেই দলের?’
[/বাংলা]

Mr. Singh made himself a complete fool without realizing what he is going to say. Totally unexpected from Head of a country.

Isnaad
July 2, 2011, 01:05 AM
Mr. Monmohan, jaan muri khaan!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

al Furqaan
July 2, 2011, 01:40 AM
honestly its probably higher than 25%. a lot of Bangladeshis are mistrustful of Indian intentions. perhaps a gaffe, but probably an under-estimation on MMS's part.

Naimul_Hd
July 2, 2011, 01:48 AM
^ that does not mean that we have more than 25% Jamat supporters. Anti india does not necessarily mean that you are a Jamat or BNP supporter. Many AL supporters are also Anti India activities. MMS mixed up two different things here.

Isnaad
July 2, 2011, 03:46 AM
^ that does not mean that we have more than 25% Jamat supporters. Anti india does not necessarily mean that you are a Jamat or BNP supporter. Many AL supporters are also Anti India activities. MMS mixed up two different things here.

Exactly...! I am anti-India in many cases as well. But that does not necessarily mean I support BNP or Jamaat. I believe about 40% people in our country are anti-Indians.

nakedzero
July 2, 2011, 04:43 AM
[বাংলা]রাজনৈতিক পটপরিবর্তন ঘটতে পারে যে কোনো সময়- ঢাকা সফরের আগে বাংলাদেশ সম্পর্কে করা মনমোহন সিংয়ের এ মন্তব্য ভারতের প্রধানমন্ত্রীর ওয়েবসাইট থেকে তুলে নেওয়া হয়েছে।

বুধবার সম্পাদকদের সঙ্গে আলোচনার লিখিত রূপ প্রধানমন্ত্রী ওয়েবসাইটে প্রকাশের পর তা নিয়ে বিতর্ক সৃষ্টি হয়। এতে দেখা যায়, ভারতীয় প্রধানমন্ত্রী বলেছেন, বাংলাদেশের রাজনৈতিক পটপরিবর্তন যে কোনো সময় ঘটতে পারে এবং অন্তত ২৫ শতাংশ বাংলাদেশি প্রচণ্ডভাবে ভারতবিরোধী।

শনিবার প্রধানমন্ত্রীর ওয়েবসাইটে আলোচনার লিখিত রূপ সংশোধিত আকারে প্রকাশ দেখা যায়। তাতে বাংলাদেশ সম্পর্কে আগের করা মন্তব্যগুলো নেই। [/বাংলা]

SOURCE (http://www.bdnews24.com/bangla/details.php?cid=1&id=163757&hb=top)

Rabz
July 2, 2011, 04:55 AM
What did Man Mo Hen Shing said ???
I wonder how google would translate his name in Bangla.

পুরুস মো মুরগী শিং ।

In a separate news, the JIB, Jamaat Islami Bangladesh has reacted heavily on this news dismissing the claim of Mr. Hen Sing as grossly undermining of their popularity in Bangladesh. JIB claimed that they have about 87% deep rooted support in Bangladesh. In a press conference at FaakBangla International Conference Hall at Zinnah Road, they have reminded everyone that about 83% of Bangladeshi's are Muslims. They also further claimed that a growing fraction of Hindus and Christians in Bangladesh also supports JIB but are afraid to come out due to religious backlash from their community.

After the press conference, they have duly carried out their 81 year old tradition of burning indian flag to protest HenSingh's pek pekani.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_DRkArLcWOn4/ShdRz6LTKYI/AAAAAAAAAQk/OZMgDS34lIU/s400/5.jpg

A country wide Dusk to Dawn Hartal was called on Thursday Night and all faithful Muslims are urged to participate in this protest as this will increase their faith and strength of their Iman.

nakedzero
July 2, 2011, 05:04 AM
In a press conference at FaakBangla International Conference Hall at Zinnah Road, they have reminded everyone that about 83% of Bangladeshi's are Muslims.

WT* is that ??

Rabz
July 2, 2011, 05:07 AM
ফ কে প হিসেবে পড়তে হবে।
আমাদের দেশের বিশেষ এক আঞ্চলিক ভাষায় প কে ফ বলে । :p

nakedzero
July 2, 2011, 05:12 AM
ফ কে প হিসেবে পড়তে হবে।
আমাদের দেশের বিশেষ এক আঞ্চলিক ভাষায় প কে ফ বলে । :p

Bhai ami seriously mone korechilam onno kichu (u know what I mean), oder pokkhe shob shombhob. Thanks God it's a joke only.

nakedzero
July 2, 2011, 05:18 AM
Exactly...! I am anti-India in many cases as well. But that does not necessarily mean I support BNP or Jamaat. I believe about 40% people in our country are anti-Indians.

I think minimum 70-75% peoples in our country are anti-Indians. Just ask your family and friends and your neighbors and classmates, you will get a rough idea.

Nafi
July 2, 2011, 05:34 AM
Bangladeshi people may be anti-indian generally, but they certainly do not support Jammat, that was utter rubbbish.

In his mind anti-indian = terrorist/extremist, which is ridiculous.

nakedzero
July 2, 2011, 05:49 AM
Seriously, I don't see any good reason why we Bangladeshi peoples should love/like India. I think 99.99% peoples in our country are anti-pakistan as well. And these anti-pakistani or anti-indian peoples have no connection with Jamayat Islami BD.

Antora
July 2, 2011, 06:11 AM
ye :S Supporting Jamat is one thing and being anti-Indian is another :S.

Yameen
July 2, 2011, 06:57 AM
What on earth is anti-indian?

Shame to those that are anti 'any nation' for any lame reason as its a truly ridiculous thing to claim to be one as it straight away defines you as a racist!

By the way Im not supportive of Mr Singhs comments as he has completely the wrong end of the stick by saying anti indians are Jamaat supporters of whom are quarter of the population etc

Rabz
July 2, 2011, 07:09 AM
^^ If you reserve a certain feeling for a certain country whose action affects your life and the daily life of your countrymen in general, you wont be called a racist.

Yameen
July 2, 2011, 07:24 AM
I think one can be in support for or against a movement or administration but to be solely 'anti' against the entirety of a nation is not a good look I'm afraid

Rabz
July 2, 2011, 07:30 AM
"Anti" just for the sake of it is never good. There has to be reason behind it.

In Bangladesh, if anyone holds a certain feeling towards India/Pakistan (or both), I guess he/she can validate their anguish with more than one reason.

Equinox
July 2, 2011, 07:38 AM
After the press conference, they have duly carried out their 81 year old tradition of burning indian flag to protest HenSingh's pek pekani.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_DRkArLcWOn4/ShdRz6LTKYI/AAAAAAAAAQk/OZMgDS34lIU/s400/5.jpg

I don't think this was in Bangladesh. I know it's a non-serious post but it may give people the wrong impression.

nakedzero
July 2, 2011, 07:56 AM
I don't think this was in Bangladesh. I know it's a non-serious post but it may give people the wrong impression.

It's in Pakistan brother, nothing to worry.

Equinox
July 2, 2011, 08:00 AM
It's in Pakistan brother, nothing to worry.
It's actually Indian Muslims burning their own flag. But if someone were to see this pic from the post above they'd think it's in Bangladesh.

Naimul_Hd
July 2, 2011, 08:20 AM
^ I also agree that pic posted here is inappropriate even that was used as a joke. Any outsider will get wrong impression.

Rifat
July 2, 2011, 08:27 AM
It may be true that there are many people living in India, who are either muslim or nonmuslim that they share very similar sentiments with Bangladeshi people regarding this issue. I don't see why or how we should be too too excited over this comment.

Today, we see the developing, westernized side of India, in reality there are many poor people still residing there...

There are many people living in the US that hates the American government. but that doesn't make them less of an American because they still love the country and its people maybe not some of the choices made by politicians.

Rifat
July 2, 2011, 08:33 AM
Bangladeshi people may be anti-indian generally, but they certainly do not support Jammat, that was utter rubbbish.

In his mind anti-indian = terrorist/extremist, which is ridiculous.

^^ If you reserve a certain feeling for a certain country whose action affects your life and the daily life of your countrymen in general, you wont be called a racist.

ye :S Supporting Jamat is one thing and being anti-Indian is another :S.

These are correct observations IMO.

firstlane
July 2, 2011, 09:11 AM
its time for Mr. Man Mo Hen Sigh to find out why those 25% Bangladeshis(according to him) are 'Anti-indian'.

Banglaguy
July 2, 2011, 09:20 AM
Zinnah Road
What on earth... Why would you name a road that?

PoorFan
July 2, 2011, 09:23 AM
Good thing to know there is not much difference between Manmohan and Jamat mind, never expected such blunder from a gentleman leader.

PoorFan
July 2, 2011, 09:31 AM
Neeeeeel....we are missing you in this thread. Taratari domkol bahini niye chole aso... Pupu pupu pupu....
Must be busy looking for evidance and numbers to backup Manmohan. Domkol bahini abong prochuur paani dorkar.

Zunaid
July 2, 2011, 10:15 AM
Rabz - your satire went over the head of many folks.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Naimul_Hd
July 2, 2011, 10:56 AM
nah Zunaid bhai...his satire did not went over my head but the pic posted here was bit over the top, IMO. It wasn't necessary thats what I meant. anyway, if you find no problem, then no complaint :)

simon
July 2, 2011, 11:06 AM
যত্তসব আন্দাজে কথা বার্তা .

Equinox
July 2, 2011, 11:12 AM
It didn't. But what we were trying to say went over yours. :)

teamindia
July 2, 2011, 02:38 PM
Cool down guys. Our PM is just trying to move our attention from the countless corruption cases against him. He choose the wrong country to pick on.

In any case why are 70-75% people (as nakedzero said) anti india ??? I thought the only problem was immigration and water :confused: We are good people:heart::heart:

nakedzero
July 2, 2011, 03:16 PM
Cool down guys. Our PM is just trying to move our attention from the countless corruption cases against him. He choose the wrong country to pick on.

In any case why are 70-75% people (as nakedzero said) anti india ??? I thought the only problem was immigration and water :confused: We are good people:heart::heart:

Seriously, I don't see any good reason why we Bangladeshi peoples should love/like India.

HereWeGo
July 2, 2011, 03:30 PM

LOL!!! I dont think a study was ever conducted.... I can state for a fact that hardcore Jamaat supporters which account for about 4% of the population, does not like India. And besides Jamaat , there is also a substantial amount of population who would not support India and it is impossible to estimate that figure. But I guess 1 in 10 people in Bangladesh would strongly dislike India, while most of them wont really care !!!

Rabz
July 3, 2011, 12:06 AM

Guess, I should have known better.

It didn't. But what we were trying to say went over yours. :)

Oh my !!

Hatebreed
July 3, 2011, 06:28 AM
You don't have to be a Jamaat supporter to have anti-Indian sentiment and vice-versa. Mr. Singh needs to think about why any Bangladeshi might harbour such feelings and work to improve it, not accuse people of being supporters of Jamaat/extremists/ISI, because that would make people even more angry.

And let's not confuse anti-Indian with anti-IndianS. People who have an issue with India usually have an issue with the Indian gov't and its Big Brother attitude. I don't believe that Bangladeshis have a vendetta against the Indian people.

Alien
July 3, 2011, 06:34 AM
It shows we Bangladeshis are caught in this global Islamophobia simply because its a muslim majority country. Even worse get compared to Pakistan. Clearly India doesn't know the difference between apple and oranges let alone Bangladesh and Pakistan.

Yameen
July 3, 2011, 03:42 PM
You don't have to be a Jamaat supporter to have anti-Indian sentiment and vice-versa. Mr. Singh needs to think about why any Bangladeshi might harbour such feelings and work to improve it, not accuse people of being supporters of Jamaat/extremists/ISI, because that would make people even more angry.

And let's not confuse anti-Indian with anti-IndianS. People who have an issue with India usually have an issue with the Indian gov't and its Big Brother attitude. I don't believe that Bangladeshis have a vendetta against the Indian people.

absolutely spot on
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

RazabQ
July 3, 2011, 05:23 PM

And let's not confuse anti-Indian with anti-IndianS. People who have an issue with India usually have an issue with the Indian gov't and its Big Brother attitude. I don't believe that Bangladeshis have a vendetta against the Indian people.BC really needs a like button.

Jadukor
July 3, 2011, 10:20 PM
Seriously, I don't see any good reason why we Bangladeshi peoples should love/like India. I think 99.99% peoples in our country are anti-pakistan as well. And these anti-pakistani or anti-indian peoples have no connection with Jamayat Islami BD.
India had a huge role to play in our liberation.. from garnering international support, providing military assistance to hosting refugees... these are enough reasons to at least not be hateful towards them

Severus
July 3, 2011, 11:20 PM
we might be part anti-india but 100% of indians are anti-bangladesh.

Habib
July 4, 2011, 12:46 PM
we might be part anti-india but 100% of indians are anti-bangladesh.

Interesting. May I ask you where did you get that info?

Zunaid
July 4, 2011, 01:17 PM
Interesting. May I ask you where did you get that info?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

68.45% of all statistics are made up.

Rabz
July 4, 2011, 01:21 PM
^^ 73.25 % of the members would actually believe that.

nakedzero
July 4, 2011, 01:24 PM
I wish we could get a survey!

Isnaad
July 4, 2011, 01:47 PM
My hate for India came from their under-estimation of Bangladesh. To add to that, many people have such narrow minds! I won't deny that BD has these kinds of people as well but on a whole, we are the ones suffering.

Zunaid
July 4, 2011, 01:50 PM
^^ 73.25 % of the members would actually believe that.

38.3% would be wrong.

Electrequiem
July 4, 2011, 02:42 PM
38.3% would be wrong.

...100% get the point.

Zeeshan
July 4, 2011, 03:04 PM
Percentage is an illusion. On the other hand De Finetti's probabilistic....

nakedzero
July 5, 2011, 12:29 PM
[বাংলা]প্রতিবেশী দেশ ভারতের প্রধানমন্ত্রীর অবশেষে দ্বিপক্ষীয় সফরে ঢাকা আসার দিনতারিখ ঘোষণা করা হয়েছে। এরই মধ্যে যেমনটি ভাবা হচ্ছিল, সে অনুযায়ী মনমোহন সিং সোমবার রাতে টেলিফোনে শেখ হাসিনার সঙ্গে কথাও বলেছেন। আলোচনার কাঁট-ছাটকৃত অংশ দু’দেশের তরফ থেকেই প্রচার করা হয়েছে। এতে অবশ্য গত ২৯ জুলাই নয়াদিল্লিতে ভারতের ৫ সম্পাদকের সঙ্গে মনমোহন সিংয়ের বাংলাদেশ নিয়ে করা ‘অনানুষ্ঠানিক’ মন্তব্যের কোনও প্রসঙ্গ নেই। থাকারও কথা নয়। তবে ঢাকা ও নয়াদিল্লির কূটনৈতিক সূত্রগুলোর অনেকেই কিন্তু বলছেন ভিন্ন কথা।

‘গত বুধবার সম্পাদকদের সঙ্গে করা মনমোহনের মন্তব্য বাংলাদেশ সম্পর্কে তার মূল্যায়ণ নয়’ বলে ভারতের পররাষ্ট্র মন্ত্রণালয় বাংলাদেশকে আশ্বস্ত করে। বাংলাদেশও বিষয়টি নিয়ে ‘বেশিদূর’ যেতে চায় না। মনমোহন সিং বলেছিলেন, ‘বাংলাদেশে যেকোনও সময় পটপরিবর্তন হয়ে যেতে পারে, আইএসআই সেখানে সক্রিয়, দেশটির ২৫ ভাগ মানুষ জামায়াতের সমর্থক যারা প্রচণ্ড ভারতবিদ্বেষী।’

কূটনৈতিক শিষ্টাচার অনুযায়ী আপাত দৃষ্টিতে মনমোহনের ওই মন্তব্যগুলোর সমাধান হয়ে গেছে। কারণ তড়িঘড়ি করে সোমবার ভারতের পক্ষ থেকে মনমোহনের সফরের দিনক্ষণ জানানো হয়। কথা ছিল, ভারতের পররাষ্ট্রমন্ত্রী এস এম কৃষ্ণর ঢাকা সফরের পর কোনও এক সময় দিনক্ষণ ঘোষণা করা হবে। হঠাৎই শীতলতার আবহ তৈরি করা সম্পর্কে উষ্ণতার পরশ দিতেই মনমোহনের ঢাকা সফরের ঘোষণাটি আসে বলে কূটনৈতিক সূত্রের দাবি।

মনমোহন সিংয়ের ঢাকা সফরে বাংলাদেশের সঙ্গে দ্বিপক্ষীয় বিভিন্ন ইস্যুতে চুক্তি বা সমঝোতা স্মারকও স্বাক্ষরিত হবে। কিন্তু মনমোহনের ওই মন্তব্যগুলোর কী হবে, কূটনীতির বাইরেও এ বিষয়ে কিছু প্রশ্ন থেকে যায়।

বাংলাদেশের জামায়াতে ইসলামীর ভোটারের শতাংশের পরিমাণ, হঠাৎই পটপরিবর্তনের আশঙ্কা এবং পাকিস্তানি গোয়েন্দা সংস্থা আইএসআইয়ের তৎপরতা সম্পর্কে মনমোহন সিং কি শেখ হাসিনাকে কোনো ‘বার্তা’ দিলেন? এটি কি হাসিনার জন্য মনমোহনের একটি সতর্কবার্তা? এ প্রশ্নগুলোর সমাধান না হলেও এসবের জবাব খোঁজা জরুরি। অন্তত, বাংলাদেশের স্থিতিশীলতার স্বার্থে।

বর্তমান সরকারের মেয়াদে অবশ্য হাসিনাকে সতর্ক আগেও কয়েকবার করেছে ভারত। এর মধ্যে অন্তত ২ দফার কথা জানা গেছে। প্রথমবার করেছিল ২০০৯ সালের ফেব্রুয়ারিতে বিডিআরের নারকীয় ঘটনার সময় এবং দ্বিতীয় দফা ২০০৯ সালের নভেম্বরে বঙ্গবন্ধু হত্যামামলার আসামিদের রায় কার্যকর করার সময়গুলোতে।

বাংলাদেশের অভ্যন্তরীণ ব্যাপারে ভারতের ওই সতর্কতা কাকতালীয় হলেও হাসিনা সরকার অবশ্য ওই সময় বিশেষ নিরাপত্তা ব্যবস্থা গ্রহণ করেছিল। কিন্তু এবার তো বিশেষ কোনো ঘটনার পরিপ্রেক্ষিতে মনমোহনের ওই মন্তব্য নয়। সামগ্রিক পরিস্থিতির বিচারে একটি দীর্ঘমেয়াদী পূর্বাভাস হিসেবে এটিকে গ্রহণও করা যেতে পারে।

১৯৭৪ সালের শেষ ভাগ থেকে ৭৫ এর ১৫ আগস্টের আগে ভারতের তৎকালীন প্রধানমন্ত্রী ইন্দিরা গান্ধী উদ্বিগ্ন হয়ে বঙ্গবন্ধুকে কয়েক দফাই বার্তা পাঠিয়েছিলেন। ‘শেখ মুজিবুর রহমানকে হত্যার ষড়যন্ত্র চলছে।’ ঢাকায় ভারতীয় গোয়েন্দা সংস্থাও এ বার্তা জানিয়েছিল। সে বার্তা পৌঁছেছিল খোদ বঙ্গবন্ধুর কাছেও।

এমনকি ভারতীয় গোয়েন্দা সংস্থা ‘র’-এর পূর্বাঞ্চলীয় শাখার তৎকালীন প্রধান ফণীন্দ্রনাথ বন্দ্যোপাধ্যায়কে বঙ্গবন্ধু শেখ মুজিবের কাছে পাঠিয়েছিলেন ইন্দিরা গান্ধী, তাকে সতর্ক করার জন্য। শেখ মুজিব এসবকে পরোয়া করেননি। আবার ওই সময় বঙ্গবন্ধুর আশেপাশের অনেকেই ভারতের ওই সতর্কবার্তাকে ‘বাড়াবাড়ি’ বলেও মন্তব্য করেছিলেন। যদিও তারাই ৭৫ পরবর্তী সময়কালে ভিন্ন চরিত্রে রাজনীতিতে নেমে পড়েন।

ঢাকা বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের আন্তর্জাতিক সম্পর্ক বিভাগের অধ্যাপক ইমতিয়াজ আহমেদ বাংলানিউজকে বলেন, ‌`এদেশের ভোটের শতাংশের হিসাবে শেষ মুহূর্তের সিদ্ধান্ত নেওয়ার ভোটাররা নির্বাচনে সব সময়ই একটি ফ্যাক্টর হিসেবে কাজ করেন। তাই পট পরিবর্তনতো হতেই পারে। `

হরতালের রাজনীতি, সংঘাত, সংঘর্ষ নতুন করে শুরু হওয়ার কথা উল্লেখ করে তিনি বলেন, `সংবিধান সংশোধন নিয়ে সরকারের একগুঁয়েমি তার নিজ দলের মধ্যেও সমালোচনার জন্ম দিয়েছে।

‘পট পরিবর্তন’ প্রসঙ্গে মনমোহন সিংয়ের মন্তব্যের প্রসঙ্গে ড. ইমতিয়াজ বলেন, এটিকে যদি সতর্কবার্তা হিসেবে ধরে নেওয়া যায় তাহলে তা সরকারের জন্য বিব্রতকর অবস্থার সৃষ্টি করবে। কিন্তু উপরের যে সমস্যাগুলোর কথা বলেছি সেগুলোর সমাধান না হলে এ ধরনের পটপরিবর্তন অসম্ভব কিছু নয়।

মনমোহনের মন্তব্যকে গুরুত্বের সঙ্গে নেওয়া উচিত বলে মন্তব্য করে ইমতিয়াজ আহমেদ বলেন, `তবে এ ধরনের কোনো আশঙ্কা থাকলেও তা কূটনৈতিক মাধ্যমে জানানোই বাঞ্ছনীয়।`

বাংলাদেশের নিরাপত্তা-কূটনীতি কৌশল সম্পর্কে অধ্যয়নকারী একটি বিশেষায়িত প্রতিষ্ঠানের একজন উচ্চ পর্যায়ের বিশ্লেষক মঙ্গলবার বাংলানিউজের এ প্রতিবেদককে বলেন, ‘মনমোহন সিংয়ের মন্তব্যগুলো বিতর্ক সৃষ্টি করলেও এর ভেতর নিশ্চয়ই গৃঢ় কোনও তাৎপর্য রয়েছে। কারণ, মনমোহন সিং অনানুষ্ঠানিকভাবে যা বলবেন, তারও তো নিশ্চয়ই কোনও তথ্য বা উপাত্ত রয়েছে। প্রধানমন্ত্রীর উচিত হবে ওই তথ্যের উৎস খোঁজ করা এবং তার প্রতিকারে ব্যবস্থা নেওয়া।’

‘দেশে তৃতীয় শক্তির উত্থান হতে পারে’ বলে এর আগে যুক্তরাষ্ট্রের রাষ্ট্রদূত হ্যারি কে টমাসের করা মন্তব্য তিন বছরের মধ্যেই সত্যে পরিণত হয়। এবার ‘পটপরিবর্তন’ হওয়ার মন্তব্যও কী কোনও ধরনের ইঙ্গিত!’ এমনও প্রশ্ন তোলেন ওই কূটনীতিক।

মনমোহনের এই মন্তব্য অর্থবহ কিছু কীনা তা হয়তো সময় বলে দেবে। তবে সেই বলে দেওয়ার অপেক্ষায় থাকা নাকি কথাগুলো গুরুত্বের সঙ্গে নিয়ে তার প্রতিকারে ব্যবস্থা নেওয়া প্রয়োজন সেটিও বিবেচনার বিষয়।[/বাংলা]

SOURCE (http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=f0b2257261d359354fc5fef47e80e 110&nttl=2011070508375847774&toppos=3)

Rabz
July 6, 2011, 12:13 AM
^^ To what the report says, a third power is indeed imminent.
We'd just have to hope that it won't be JIB.
Or else, HenShing's words may just come true.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/187877_173670432688458_363128_n.jpg

WarWolf
July 6, 2011, 09:27 AM
Bashundhara group er banglanews24.com hoito kono faida tolar chesta korse.

Everybody knows about the prem prem shomporko between BD and Indian govt now. Indian PM doesn't need to warn in public. He could easily inform via his messenger or high commission if that was the case.