PDA

View Full Version : Opposition chief whip beaten by Police

Equinox
July 7, 2011, 04:35 PM
This happened a couple of days ago but I only saw it today. Surprised to see no one mentioning it here.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CNqWl22RddQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RgQ8CKSjYLQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is the bit most news channels left out:
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3jzJPr1eVQQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMO the officer was behaving appropriately until he got aggressive. Tui je desher shommanito MP ghari-bhangar/police officer ke gaali dawar shomoy tor mone chilo na. That woman should have been dealt with too. Tui-tukari shuru korse ke? I have no respect for them whatsoever the rougher you deal with them the better.

Naimul_Hd
July 7, 2011, 08:05 PM
এদের কোন মান ইজ্জত বলে জিনিস আছে ?? একটা বড় দলের চীফ হইপ হয়ে পুলিশ এর সাথে তুই তুকারি করে মাইর খায়, চেংলা দোলা হয়ে রাস্তায়ে পরে থাকে !! হরতালে পুলিশ এর সাথে হাতাহাতি করা বোকামি ছাড়া কিছুই না !

dnt worry. after this incident everybody wins. that police officer will be promoted and jaynal abedin will also be praised for his heroic (!) act in the party and will be our next Minister. kothae ase na, jail e na gele naki neta hoya jaye na...ar rokto na ber hole MP hoya jaye na :p

Banglatiger84
July 8, 2011, 12:25 AM
[IMO the officer was behaving appropriately until he got aggressive. Tui je desher shommanito MP ghari-bhangar/police officer ke gaali dawar shomoy tor mone chilo na. That woman should have been dealt with too. Tui-tukari shuru korse ke? I have no respect for them whatsoever the rougher you deal with them the better.[/quote]

Next time, maybe they should be just shot on the spot?

Alchemist
July 8, 2011, 01:07 AM
My suggestion would be: please don't let you mind get clouded with these kind of political dramas. The politician thugs are good at it in our country.

The real issue is somewhere else. When the whole country is busy following the political drama these low lives has created , the contract with Concophillips is in progress, where most likely they'll take around 80% of the natural gas they'll find from Bay of Bengal!

For those who are not aware, here's some info:

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=190184
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-14006936

Equinox
July 8, 2011, 07:33 AM
Next time, maybe they should be just shot on the spot?
Nope they should be allowed to proceed and hold the country hostage.

bujhee kom
July 8, 2011, 12:25 PM
Bhai I am very depressed...an elected member of the Perliament of a large Democracy in the world runs like a 14 years old Thatharibazzaar thief/pocket-maar/pickpocketer from the Police, and then in the sacred MP Hostel, Shongshod area, and then this guy is suppossed to be the chief whip of the Oppositions, the BNP! I am so so dissapointed, and hopeless about our future, law-makers, and political parties, bith BNP and BAL. If this is the situation, if this is the picture of an MP, cursiong at the cop, "Hoi , Thow, Raakh tore baal-er Action!" And then he runs around like a cheap Drunk pan-handeler along with some extremely FAT loud, uncooth, unsophisticated, foul mouthed women who are also cursing and swearing, and then he lays around the ground......I am so ashamed of the fact that this party that this scumbag represents was once founded by a Freedom-fighter, a genuine hero of the nation, Shahid President Ziaur Rahman....I am so depressed.....these are the people who makes the laws for our 160 million Bangladeshies! These are our leaders and our best and our Inspiration. We all might as well be dead!

simon
July 8, 2011, 01:01 PM
intentional chaos creator.

MohammedC
July 8, 2011, 02:33 PM
Police are at fault . They have no right to beat any human.

Naimul_Hd
July 8, 2011, 07:24 PM
Moc bhai, jokhon era apnar koster tk diye kina gari vangte ashto, tokhon apni kintu thiki bolten police der, "bhai bachan, oi picketer der hath theke bachan" tokhon police der mair ei mair keo apni thiki support korten. Hartal ar Hartal e gari vanga ke ami kono vabei support kori na, sheta BNP hok, BAL ei hok.

Equinox
July 8, 2011, 07:39 PM
Moc bhai, jokhon era apnar koster tk diye kina gari vangte ashto, tokhon apni kintu thiki bolten police der, "bhai bachan, oi picketer der hath theke bachan" tokhon police der mair ei mair keo apni thiki support korten. Hartal ar Hartal e gari vanga ke ami kono vabei support kori na, sheta BNP hok, BAL ei hok.
:up:

Those who bring in the "rights" angle usually have very little experience of living in Bangladesh or have been away for a long time hence are unaware of the practicalities of daily life in the country. Our brand new car was burnt a few years ago outside Gausia market and our driver suffered serious burns trying to stop the attackers. It was a pre-hartal night. You have to be really naive to think their intentions were to protest peacefully. He was also in violation of the law when he lead a procession towards the parliament while it was in session. And you do not threaten a police officer it would get you beaten/locked up in most countries.

MohammedC
July 8, 2011, 07:54 PM

What I see from time to time is police makes the matter worse.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

akabir77
July 9, 2011, 12:16 AM
i saw a video where the police came from nowwhere and calling him thabra dat shob feledibo, they didn't show that clip and i tried to give share that this morning but the video was removed... I am not sure why the police was so aggressive? i was feeling with so much power and black money these politicians can be treated like this then we have no chance...

Naimul_Hd
July 9, 2011, 12:52 AM
i saw a video where the police came from nowwhere and calling him thabra dat shob feledibo, they didn't show that clip and i tried to give share that this morning but the video was removed... I am not sure why the police was so aggressive? i was feeling with so much power and black money these politicians can be treated like this then we have no chance...

You missed the first part where Jaynal Abedin with his supporters were going to attack a car saying, "oi dhor dhor..." then the police rushed to him saying, "if you attack any car, we are going to take action against you" ! I admit that that police officer acted way too much but again did not feel too bad knowing Mr.Jaynal Abedin's background.

Banglatiger84
July 9, 2011, 01:48 AM
:up:

Those who bring in the "rights" angle usually have very little experience of living in Bangladesh or have been away for a long time hence are unaware of the practicalities of daily life in the country.

Thats a bit patronizing :) . I remember hearing similar stuff when discussing how people treat their domestic help or why garments factory workers should be paid less . "Apnara kichu bujhben na, kajer manushder odhikar dilei mathae chore jae sheijonne shobshomoi tight dite hoye" or "If you raise workers' wages, profits will get affected" which translates to "i would only be able to buy a Merc and a Lexus next year instead of 4 new cars"

I myself have seen how things are in hartal, i remember one where people died when a double decker was burnt by AL picketers. I remember feeling why the police doesnt just shoot on spot anyone trying to vandalize a car/bus.

However what should have been done is that instead of beating up a man on his head and sending him to hospital, he should have been arrested without beating him up , you dont need more than 3 police officers to overcome a man and handcuff him.

Severus
July 9, 2011, 01:55 AM
does anyone remember how Nasim was beaten up during BNP's rule ?

Isnaad
July 9, 2011, 02:23 AM
In the end, BAL and BNP ei dui dol e kintu amader desh ke orajogotar dikey thhele dichhe. Amra aam jonota modhhe porey khali dhukchhi.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Antora
July 9, 2011, 02:52 AM
What ammused me was that at first he went out protesting with a bandaged arm in a sling, then when the police started beating him.....sling ta je koi phele dour dilo.... :S :S :S and his arm was moving fine! Epic fail??

kalpurush
July 9, 2011, 03:51 AM
does anyone remember how Nasim was beaten up during BNP's rule ?
Justifying one crime with another?!

SHAME :down:

Rabz
July 9, 2011, 05:09 AM
Dont worry.
In about 2.5 years time, this guy will be a Minister in charge of running an important sector of the country.
Tells all you need to know about the development of Bangladesh.

Yameen
July 9, 2011, 04:12 PM
Chief whip got whipped.

Tbh, police shouldnt have beaten him, they should have just carried out their duties and the cameras were there for all to see the chief whip and his gang getting exposed of their rude behaviour..The police have a bad image as it is and this puts the cherry on the cake

MohammedC
July 9, 2011, 04:26 PM
Chief whip got whipped.

Tbh, police shouldnt have beaten him, they should have just carried out their duties and the cameras were there for all to see the chief whip and his gang getting exposed of their rude behaviour..The police have a bad image as it is and this puts the cherry on the cake

Yes they should have let them break the car/jeep whatever police claims they were going to do then let the country see.

I dont think they were going to break anything, its the police who are our real problem.

BanCricFan
July 9, 2011, 06:51 PM
<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/QlZu8s22FE0?version=3 allowScriptAccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"> (http://<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QlZu8s22FE0?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QlZu8s22FE0?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>)

zman
July 10, 2011, 01:29 AM
A step in the right direction.

About time the wretched souls who never think twice before destroying private property got a taste of their own medicine and shared the fear of the innocent public!

magic boy
July 10, 2011, 02:11 AM
[বাংলা]হরতালের আগুনে শরীরের শতকরা ৯০ ভাগ পুড়ে যাওয়া তরুণ ব্যবসায়ী মোশাররফ হোসেন (২২) মারা গেছেন। গতকাল শনিবার রাত দেড়টার দিকে ঢাকা মেডিকেল কলেজ হাসপাতালের বার্ন ইউনিটে চিকিৎসাধীন অবস্থায় তাঁর মৃত্যু হয়।
বার্ন ইউনিট সূত্র ও নিহতের পরিবার বিষয়টি নিশ্চিত করেছে।
প্রসঙ্গত, গত বুধবার রাতে চাঁপাইনবাবগঞ্জ থেকে ঢাকায় আম নিয়ে আসার সময় নাটোরে ট্রাকে আগুন দেয় হরতালকারীরা। এতে তাঁর শরীরের ৯০ ভাগ পুড়ে যায়। জীবন-মৃত্যুর সন্ধিক্ষণে থাকা মোশাররফকে ওইদিনই ঢাকা মেডিকেল কলেজ হাসপাতালের বার্ন ইউনিটে ভর্তি করা হয়।
হাসপাতালের বেডে শুয়ে ভাঙা গলায় মোশাররফ প্রথম আলোকে ঘটনার বর্ণনা দেন এভাবে, ‘আমরা কানসাট হাট থিকা আইতাছিলাম। নাটোর শহরের কাছাকাছি আইছি (নাটোর শহরে ঢোকার মুখে, তেবাড়িয়ায়)। হঠাৎ দেহি রাস্তার উপরে কয়ডা গাছ ফেলানো। ড্রাইভার জায়গায় ব্রেক করল। গাড়ি থামার লগে লগে ১০-১৫টা পোলা দৌড়ায়া আইল। কয়েকজনের হাতে লাডি আর বোতল। কয়েকজন ঢিলাইতে শুরু করল। আর কয়েকজন আইয়াই বাইড়ানি শুরু করল। এর মধ্যে একজন বোতল মারল। এক মিনিটের ভিতরেই পুরা গাড়ির ভিতরে আগুন ধইরা গেল। আমি পড়ছি আগুনের মইধ্যে। আমি বাইরাইতে পারতাছিলাম না। জানালা দিয়া লাফ দিলাম, পড়লাম জঙ্গলের (ঝোপ) ওপর। হেরপর দুইডা পোলা দৌড় দিয়া আয়া আমারে উডাইল। আমারে পুড়া দেইখা হ্যারা আমারে ফালাইয়া দৌড় দেয়।’
মোশাররফের গ্রামের বাড়ি শরীয়তপুরের জাজিরায়। ঢাকার হাজারীবাগ, কোম্পানীঘাটে বাবা-মার সঙ্গে থাকতেন তিনি। মোশাররফের বাবা আইয়ুব আলী ফুটপাতে কলা বিক্রি করেন।
[/বাংলা]
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2011-07-10/news/169270
[বাংলা]
এই হত্যার দায় কার?[/বাংলা]

Habib
July 10, 2011, 03:14 AM
Atlast police have done something right after a long time.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

kalpurush
July 10, 2011, 03:29 AM
Atlast police have done something right after a long time.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Nobody is doing it right IMO. You can NOT destroy public/private property; on the other hand, police has no right to beat a person either.

Rabz
July 10, 2011, 04:38 AM
এই হত্যার দায় কার?[/বাংলা]

এই হত্যার দায় তোমার, আমার, আমাদের সবার।
আমাদের ভোটেই তো এরা বছর এর পর বছর ক্ষমতায় আসতে পারছে ।

zman
July 10, 2011, 07:07 AM
Nobody is doing it right IMO. You can NOT destroy public/private property; on the other hand, police has no right to beat a person either.

Problem we're facing here is traditional, passive methods won't bring any solution to the issue. These people know if they're put behind bars, all it takes is one phone call and they're out of jail again. That knowledge is what gave the whip/whipped the confidence to act the way he did.

Sometimes the ONLY way to deal with a knave is as a knave. Regardless of party, I want these perpetrators (like this whip) to be afraid when they take to the streets knowing that they could get hurt or even lose their lives just like an innocent civilian would feel when they're driving a truck or bus or car. We feel sorry for innocent civilians, not for terrorists who attack people just because they're not observing hartal, burn down private cars and properties.

It's very difficult to control the actions of a govt when they're in power, what can be done however is we can force ourselves to change our culture of thinking "Hartal amader gonotantrik odhikar" at any cost - even at the cost of some lives, regardless of the opposition.

Electrequiem
July 10, 2011, 06:24 PM
The "hartal is our democratic right!" shpiel absolutely disgusts me. Political parties have the right to bring the lives of 170 million people to a standstill for days at a time? Riot so that innocent people lose valuable property and worse off - their lives? What about THEIR right to democracy, assho**s?!

The guy at the end of one of the videos seemed to be educated: how can he spew out such crap? He also said that "Dekhen, MP-ke martese eibhabe, tahole regular public-ke kibhave marbe chinta koren." ... Hey, Einstein, do you not realize that if someone threatens to destroy property, he will be dealt with IRREVERENT of whether he is an MP or tokai? Tokhon democracy koi jai?

Electrequiem
July 10, 2011, 06:26 PM
I'd try to organize a MASSIVE anti-Hartal effort. If we even got 60-70% of the population to defy this BS, we could be headed somewhere. Obliging to this crap makes us an accomplice. I understand there are risks involved - but democracy does not come without sacrifices.

Naimul_Hd
July 10, 2011, 07:54 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/262002_10150251652212590_596337589_7442457_4428240 _n.jpg
১২টি ইসলামী দলের ডাকা ৩০ঘন্টার হরতালের ১ম দিন রোববার হরতাল চলাকালে কাঁচপুর এলাকায় হরতাল সমর্থকরা গাড়ী ভাংচুর করে।

Now why would anybody destroy a parked car and vandalize office windows ??

simon
July 10, 2011, 08:38 PM
^^it's nothing knew.

bujhee kom
July 10, 2011, 08:55 PM
I can understand where MoC bro and Kalpurush da are coming from, their points of view...the concept of no police officer has the right to beat a person works more in a civilized world, a place where there is respect for human rights and where cops have a decent education, upbringing and sallery and retirement and disability benifits. And of course where people in general do not riot and destroy Public or Private property.....but in a typical third world country, in a typical scenerio like Bangladesh where none of those above conditions are available, the police are corrupt, they are going to break the law themselves, since there is no common sense of respecting the law and civil manners in the core of the society to begin with...Why wouldn't be the Bangladeshi police be currupt, why wouldn't they do unlawful things themselves when their BOSSes (the politicians) the political leaders are a bunch of thieving, disrespectful, shameless, corrupt, senseless, greedy, pirates?? Who is teaching them to do the bad? These politicians, the so called leaders are setting examples, have been setting examples, teaching and breeding these in-efficient/unreliable Police/Law Enforcement agencies in Bangladesh since day one.

Through my understanding and view, In Bangladesh the politicians are the root of all problems today.

Zeeshan
July 10, 2011, 09:36 PM
I'd try to organize a MASSIVE anti-Hartal effort. If we even got 60-70% of the population to defy this BS, we could be headed somewhere. Obliging to this crap makes us an accomplice. I understand there are risks involved - but democracy does not come without sacrifices.

Ghandi solution? Celibacy? Sexual onoshon.....

Or as some call it: your biography

kalpurush
July 10, 2011, 09:38 PM
I can understand where MoC bro and Kalpurush da are coming from, their points of view...the concept of no police officer has the right to beat a person works more in a civilized world, a place where there is respect for human rights and where cops have a decent education, upbringing and sallery and retirement and disability benifits. And of course where people in general do not riot and destroy Public or Private property.....but in a typical third world country, in a typical scenerio like Bangladesh where none of those above conditions are available, the police are corrupt, they are going to break the law themselves, since there is no common sense of respecting the law and civil manners in the core of the society to begin with...Why wouldn't be the Bangladeshi police be currupt, why wouldn't they do unlawful things themselves when their BOSSes (the politicians) the political leaders are a bunch of thieving, disrespectful, shameless, corrupt, senseless, greedy, pirates?? Who is teaching them to do the bad? These politicians, the so called leaders are setting examples, have been setting examples, teaching and breeding these in-efficient/unreliable Police/Law Enforcement agencies in Bangladesh since day one.

Through my understanding and view, In Bangladesh the politicians are the root of all problems today.
Couldn't agree more here Javed. A fantastic and well thought out view as usual. :up:

PoorFan
July 10, 2011, 10:32 PM
Why there is no mass media coverage of that burned to death poor businessman? Why nobody goes to court for his murder? Why no out cry for him and his family from rotten criminals masked as politicians? Why no US and UK diplomats at the door of that poor family house? Hartal is a democratic right my a$$, its a tool making some politician cum criminals demand forcefully to be heard, taking mass people and the country as hostage.

kalpurush
July 10, 2011, 10:51 PM
Why there is no mass media coverage of that burned to death poor businessman? Why nobody goes to court for his murder? Why no out cry for him and his family from rotten criminals masked as politicians? Why no US and UK diplomats at the door of that poor family house? Hartal is a democratic right my a$$, its a tool making some politician cum criminals demand forcefully to be heard, taking mass people and the country as hostage.
And it's not a death for that poor businessman only, the whole family will be suffering for their rest of life due to lack of the bread earner now. :( :facepalm: :mad:

Night_wolf
July 10, 2011, 11:06 PM
next time hoy NA vote naile NO vote!

Naimul_Hd
July 11, 2011, 12:19 AM

apparently, its been started already :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/269508_10150251975452590_596337589_7447707_8226278 _n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/269508_10150251975457590_596337589_7447708_7580576 _n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/269508_10150251975462590_596337589_7447709_8050552 _n.jpg

Banglatiger84
July 11, 2011, 01:04 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/262002_10150251652212590_596337589_7442457_4428240 _n.jpg
১২টি ইসলামী দলের ডাকা ৩০ঘন্টার হরতালের ১ম দিন রোববার হরতাল চলাকালে কাঁচপুর এলাকায় হরতাল সমর্থকরা গাড়ী ভাংচুর করে।

Now why would anybody destroy a parked car and vandalize office windows ??

I have been asking this question for the last 10 years and never found a suitable answer.
Why do people break stuff during hartal. Why do people burn buses (Sometimes with people inside them) during a hartal
Similarly when a car runs over a pedestrian, why do bystanders sometimes start burning and vandalizing other cars?

I am sure all the drones who vandalize will say "do you know how much vandalism BAL activists indulged in?"

And thats the crux, each term, people try to justify actions using the past and such stuff happens.

It will take a great leader and party indeed who will stop the wheels, and say "thats it, we will not call Hartal no matter what"

And I apologize if i cause offence, but if it was my car which i bought with hard earned money, i would be inclined to drive over and crush each of those morons so that other vandalizers learn that they have no right to destroy other peoples property

Equinox
July 11, 2011, 06:10 AM
The problem with the anti-hartal processions is that they too are probably politicised and are mainly consisting of govt. party workers/supporters. Why do they have canes in their hands? When the roles are reversed they will be the ones doing hartals. What should be done is that employers should be told to deduct daily wages of workers during hartals. That will lead to the regular citizens speaking out against hartals and taking an active role in preventing them.

roman
July 11, 2011, 10:41 AM
Gari vanga amader dirgho din er rajnoitik otijjho. jei ashuk birodhi dol e Hartal kora gari vanga tader chai chai..Eta ki aar apnar amar mukher kothai bondho hobe? aar manush gula jara gari vange tadero kono dosh nai. tara onekei oshikkhito gorib. Hartal er shomoi tara dui chaar poishar mukh dekhe. Jara poisha dei tader kothai uthe boshe..Joto beshi gari vanga agun jalano toto beshi poisha. tai tarao moha shukhe moner anonde gari venge agun jaliye jai. tader ki dosh??? tara to aar bujhe na je ei gari venge agun jele shorkar er ekta "chul" o soya shomvob na. kono dabi aday shomvob na. Karon dabi to oi ghure fire ektai. Saaro Godi . Aar Shorkar o ki aar etoi boka je birodhi dol bollo aar omni god god kore emon norom tul tule shadher godi ta sarbe? Abar Hartal o tara nishiddho korbe na. Karon tarao jane Hartal tader o ekdin korte hobe gari tader keo ekdin vangte hobe. Tar jog fol holo hartal silo hartal ase hartal thakbe.

Tai ami boli moner anonde hartal upovog korun agun jalano upovog korun. aar majhe majhe faruk der moto kisu "desh premik rajnitibid" der maar kheye rastai pore thaka upovog korun. Amader ei niranondo jibon e rajnitibid der karone ektu adhtu nirmol anondo ashse ei ba kom kisher..Rajnitibid ra dirgho jibi houk.

Night_wolf
July 11, 2011, 10:50 AM
^roman vai jara gari vange era gorib osikhito bole eder dos aray jete parben na...eder o dos ase

roman
July 11, 2011, 11:12 AM
^roman vai jara gari vange era gorib osikhito bole eder dos aray jete parben na...eder o dos ase
Jader shikkha nai tara ki vabe bujhbe konta think ba bethik? Tara ki bujhbe Desh er konta laav konta te khoti? Tara she tai korbe jeta diye tader kase dui bela vaat ashbe. tader baccha der mukhe ektu khabar dite parbe...Dosh shei shob manush der (naki onno kono projati) jara ei shob manush der obosthar shujog niye tader ke nongra kaaj e bebohar kore...Shob kisur nater guru kintu oi "desh premik" rajnitibid rai...

Jadukor
July 11, 2011, 11:55 AM
^^^aishob osshikhhito ra dekhi abar bideshe gele thik e law mene cholte shikhe jai...
ar kon desh e airokom furti kore manush aagun lagai ar vangchur kore proti bochor? naki prithibir baki shob manush shikkhito abong dhoni?

its not about education, its about character. Paji lokjon shikkhitoder moddhe jemon aase temon e osshikkhitoder moddheo aase. Jaader haate kaam kaaj nai bole otirikto shomoi tader mathai e public property damage korar/ agun laganor iccha hoi...

nakedzero
July 11, 2011, 02:12 PM
গণপ্রতিনিধি বনাম পুলিশ : জিব কাটো লাজে

[বাংলা]দৃশ্যটি খুবই বেদনাদায়ক, সংলাপগুলো লজ্জাকর। জাতীয় সংসদের একজন হুইপকে ‘শুয়োরের বাচ্চা, চড় মেরে তোর দাঁত ফেলে দেব’ বলে গালি দিচ্ছেন পুলিশের একজন কর্মকর্তা! তারপর টানাহেঁচড়া, ঘুষি মেরে রাস্তায় ফেলে দিয়ে চারপাশ থেকে অনবরত লাঠির আঘাত, বুটের লাথি আর বস্ত্র হরণ। কয়েক মিনিটের বিরতি শেষে আহত উদোম শরীরের হুইপকে ধাওয়া। আত্মরক্ষার্থে ভয়ার্ত হুইপের দৌড়। লিফটের ভেতরে পিটিয়ে চ্যাংদোলা করে পুলিশের পিকআপে তোলার পর মুহূর্তে গাড়ি থেকে পিচঢালা রাস্তায় ফেলে দেওয়া। আর এ দৃশ্যাবলির নেতৃত্ব দিয়েছেন দুজন মাঝারি সারির পুলিশ কর্মকর্তা। কোনো সিনেমার দৃশ্য নয়, বাস্তব ঘটনার ‘আনকাট’ ভিডিও ফুটেজের সারসংক্ষেপ। চারদলীয় জোটের ডাকা ৪৮ ঘণ্টার হরতালের প্রথম দিন ৬ জুলাই রাজধানীর সংসদ ভবন এলাকার ন্যাম-চত্বরে যা ঘটেছিল, যে ফুটেজটি ছড়িয়ে পড়েছে ইন্টারনেটে, সারাবিশ্বে। সভ্য পৃথিবীর কাছে হেট করে দিয়েছে ‘বাংলাদেশ’-এর ভাবমূর্তি। সবাই বলছে- জিব কাটো লাজে।

রাজনীতিবিদ যেমন তার গণতান্ত্রিক অধিকার চর্চা করবেন, তেমনি আইন-কানুন অনুযায়ী প্র্রজাতন্ত্রের নিরাপত্তা নিশ্চিত করবে পুলিশ। একপক্ষের হাতে ইট-পাটকেল থাকলে অন্যপক্ষের হাতে আছে মামলা আর গ্রেপ্তার করার ক্ষমতা। বিরোধীদলীয় হুইপ জয়নুল আবদিন ফারুক আইনবিরুদ্ধ কিছু করে থাকলে তাকে গ্রেপ্তার করে মামলা দেওয়ার ক্ষমতা তো পুলিশের ছিলই। কিন্তু আইনি ক্ষমতা উহ্য রেখে পাড়ার মাস্তানের মতো খিস্তি-খেউড় করে তার উপর হাত-পা চালানো কি শোভনীয় আচরণ! সাংবিধানিক দায়িত্ব পালন! তাও ন্যাম-ভবন চত্বরে এমপিদের বাসার আঙিনায়। এটা তো রীতিমতো বাড়িতে ঢুকে নির্যাতন। কে দিয়েছে এ অধিকার? এর উদ্দেশ্যই বা কী? দেশের সর্বোচ্চ বিদ্যাপীঠ থেকে শিক্ষা নেওয়া এসব পুলিশ কর্মকর্তা কি নৈতিকতা, সম্মানবোধ সর্বোপরি ওয়ার অব প্রিসিডেন্স সম্পর্কে অজ্ঞ? এটা কী করেছেন তারা? ঘটনার পর আত্মপক্ষ সমর্থন করলেও বিবেকের তাড়নায় কি তারা পুড়ছেন?

মিছিলে অতিউৎসাহী পুলিশি হামলার ঘটনা এটাই প্রথম নয়। অতীতে আওয়ামী লীগ সরকারের সময়ে বিএনপি নেতা আবদুল মতিন চৌধুরী, সাদেক হোসেন খোকা; বিএনপি সরকারের সময়ে আওয়ামী লীগ নেতা মোহাম্মদ নাসিম, মতিয়া চৌধুরী, সাবের হোসেন চৌধুরী, বাম নেতা দিলীপ বড়–য়া, রাশেদ খান মেননসহ অনেক সিনিয়র রাজনীতিবিদকে নির্দয়ভাবে পিটিয়েছে পুলিশ। বিএনপি সরকারের শেষ দিকে জিরো পয়েন্টে লাঠিচার্জের পর রমনা জোনের একজন পুলিশ কর্মকর্তা রাশেদ খান মেননকে উদ্দেশ্য করে তোফায়েল আহমেদকে বলেছিলেন, ‘১০টা ভোট পায় না, তার আবার রাজনীতি।’ বর্তমান সরকারের সময়ে বিএনপির শহীদউদ্দিন চৌধুরী এ্যানী এমপি, অধ্যাপক আনু মুহাম্মদ ও রেহনুমা আহমেদকে পুলিশ পিটিয়েছে রাস্তায় ফেলে। প্রতিটি ঘটনাই আমাদের গণতন্ত্রের ইতিহাসে কলঙ্কচিহ্ন। তবে জয়নুল আবদিন ফারুকের ওপর হামলাটি অনেক বেশি হৃদয়বিদারক, লজ্জাজনক। কারণ অন্যরা যখন হামলার শিকার হয়েছেন তখন তারা কেবল নেতা, জনপ্রতিনিধি নন। তাদের লাঠিপেটা করা হলেও অন্তত লাথি মারা হয়নি। জয়নুল আবদিন ফারুক যখন হামলার শিকার হলেন তখন তিনি সংসদের একটি গুরুত্বপূর্ণ পদে আসীন। আর তাকে মারা হয়েছে বুটের লাথি। তার মানে এটা নয় যে, জনপ্রতিনিধি না হলেই মারপিট গ্রহণযোগ্য। মানবিক বিবেচনায় কোনো মারপিটই গ্রহণযোগ্য নয়।

ভাবতে অবাক লাগে, একজন নির্বাচিত এমপিকে ‘শুয়োরের বাচ্চা’ বলে গালি দিচ্ছেন একজন পুলিশ কর্মকর্তা। যে বাহিনীর প্রধানও পদাধিকারে একজন এমপির অধস্তন। এমনকি তারা অবিবেচকের মতো লাথি মেরেছেন পিতার সমান বয়সীকে। কী অদ্ভুত! আইন প্রণয়নকারীই নিগৃহীত হচ্ছেন আইনের দোহাইয়ে। একজন পাঁচবারের নির্বাচিত এমপিকে যদি এমন ঘটনার মুখোমুখি হতে হয় দেশের সাধারণ মানুষের নিরাপত্তা কোথায়? একজন এমপি কি শুধুই একজন দলীয় নেতা, নাকি তার নির্বাচনী এলাকার কয়েক লাখ মানুষের নির্বাচিত প্রতিনিধি এবং সংসদের একটি অংশ? ফলে কোনো সুস্থ ও বিবেকবান মানুষ কি এটা মেনে নিতে পারে? ব্যক্তি জয়নাল আবদিন ফারুককে নিয়ে হয়তো অনেকেরই বিশেষ কোনো আগ্রহ নেই। তবে তিনি তো শুধু ব্যক্তি নন, দেশের মহান প্রতিষ্ঠান সংসদের অংশ। বর্তমান সংসদের বিরোধী দলের দ্বিতীয় প্রধান ব্যক্তি। রাষ্ট্রই তাকে এ মর্যাদা দিয়েছে। তাহলে এ অবিবেচনাপ্রসূত ঘটনায় কি রাষ্ট্রকাঠামোই অসম্মানিত হয়নি? একবার কি চিন্তা করে দেখবেন, পুলিশের এ আচরণ দেখার পর কোনো ভালো মানুষ রাজনীতি করতে উৎসাহী হবে কিনা। কারণ একজন জনপ্রতিনিধি দলীয় হোন আর স্বতন্ত্রই হোন, তাকে তো কোনো না কোনো বিষয়ে রাস্তায় নেমে প্রতিবাদ করতেই হবে। আর তখন তার ওপর নেমে আসবে নির্যাতন। তাহলে কি গণতান্ত্রিক ব্যবস্থা থেকে রাজনৈতিক প্রতিবাদের সংস্কৃতি বিলুপ্ত হয়ে যাবে?

সচেতন মানুষমাত্রই জানেন, হরতাল-ধর্মঘট-মিছিল-মিটিং করার স্বাধীনতা প্রতিটি নাগরিকের রাজনৈতিক অধিকার। সেগুলো পালন বা বর্জন করাও তাদের ইচ্ছার অধীন। দেশে তো কোনো সামরিক সরকার বা রাজনৈতিক নিষেধাজ্ঞা নেই। তাই এ ধরনের কর্মসূচি পালন-বর্জনেও কোনো বাধা থাকার কথা নয়। কিন্তু দৃশ্য আর অদৃশ্যের ফারাক তো আর ঘুচে যায়নি। ফলে বিরোধী মতের প্রতিবাদে আসছে বাধা। মানুষের গণতান্ত্রিক অধিকার চর্চায় বাধাটি আসছে তখনও যখন দেশ পরিচালনা করছে মুক্তিযুদ্ধে রাজনৈতিক নেতৃত্বদানকারী দলটি, যাদের সহযোগী হিসেবে আছেন কয়েকটি প্রগতিবাদী রাজনৈতিক দল। তবে আগেও যে গণতন্ত্র চর্চায় বাধা আসেনি তা কিন্তু নয়।

বিরোধীদলীয় চিফ হুইপের ওপর হামলার ঘটনায় বিএনপির পাশাপাশি প্রকাশ্যে নিন্দা ও বিচার দাবি করেছেন মহাজোট সরকারের একাধিক এমপিসহ বিভিন্ন রাজনৈতিক দলের শীর্ষনেতারা। আহত অবস্থায় ভয়ার্ত ফারুকের দৌড়কে ‘গণতন্ত্রের পলায়ন’ বলে আখ্যায়িত করেছেন দেশের বিশিষ্ট ব্যক্তিবর্গ। তবে প্রধানমন্ত্রীসহ একাধিক মন্ত্রী এবং আওয়ামী লীগের শীর্ষ নেতারা দুঃখপ্রকাশ করলেও বাকি বক্তব্যে জাতি হতাশ। সাধারণ মানুষের একটাই প্রশ্ন, এ ধরনের পুলিশ কর্মকর্তাদের পক্ষে সাফাই গেয়ে আখেরে সরকারের কী লাভ? রাষ্ট্রের কাছে কি মর্যাদা এবং নৈতিকতার চেয়ে কয়েকজন ব্যক্তিকে রক্ষা করাই প্রাধান্য পাবে? কারণ পুলিশ হামলার পর মামলাও করেছে। ফারুক হামলার শিকার হলেও তার পক্ষে মামলা নেওয়া হয়নি। এটা কি অবিবেচক আচরণ নয়? উন্নত তথ্য-প্রযুক্তির সময়ে এ ধরনের ঘটনা কি লুকিয়ে রাখা সম্ভব? অথচ সব মহলই এ ঘটনায় দোষী পুলিশ কর্মকর্তাদের দৃষ্টান্তমূলক বিচার চায়। এ ধরনের প্রতিটি ঘটনার পরই দৃষ্টান্তমূলক শাস্তির দাবি উঠেছে নানা মহল থেকে। তবে বাস্তবতা হচ্ছে, দৃষ্টান্তমূলক শাস্তি না হওয়ার দৃষ্টান্ত এ দেশের প্রতিষ্ঠিত। এজন্য প্রতিটি সরকারই দায়ী। ফলে এ বিচারহীনতার দৃষ্টান্ত ভেঙে বিচারের নতুন দৃষ্টান্ত স্থাপন এখন অনেক বেশি চ্যালেঞ্জিং।

সরকার কি নৈতিকতার সে চ্যালেঞ্জ নিতে পারবে? আর গণমানুষের আরেকটি প্রশ্ন, এ দেশের পুলিশ কবে সরকারের না হয়ে রাষ্ট্রের হবে?

দুর্ভাগ্যের ব্যাপার সরকার ও একটি রাজনৈতিক মহলে চলছে বিভ্রান্তি ছড়ানোর প্রয়াস। আহত ফারুকের আচরণ নিয়েও প্রশ্ন উঠছে। অনেকেই নিজের রাজনৈতিক দৃষ্টিভঙ্গি দিয়েই ঘটনার বিচার করছেন। অথচ পুলিশের মুখ আর হাত-পায়ের ব্যবহারে বিস্মিত, মর্মাহত ও হতবাক হয়েছেন দেশবাসী। রাস্তাঘাট, যানবাহন, চা স্টল থেকে অফিস-আদালত সর্বত্রই এ ঘটনা নানামুখী আলোচনা-সমালোচনার জন্ম দিচ্ছে। ডালপালা আর দুর্গন্ধ ছড়াচ্ছে। এমন পরিস্থিতিতে গণতন্ত্রের পক্ষে দাঁড়ানো বা পুলিশের ন্যক্কারজনক আচরণের প্রতিবাদ করা কি উচিত নয়?[/বাংলা]

SOURCE (http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=107dd95cbdbd492c7f55e7128eaeb ce5&nttl=48695)

deshimon
July 11, 2011, 02:27 PM
A bapare oi police sodosser biruddhe ki kono podokkhep niese?

layperson
July 11, 2011, 08:44 PM
A bapare oi police sodosser biruddhe ki kono podokkhep niese?

police er birudhdhe podokhep keno nibe ? they did the right thing by bashing the hooligan. to all the people who are dissing the police action,how else do you suggest the hooligans were kept in control? In order to control rioters you have to exert force. This happened even during the G8 summit in toronto where i observed firsthand that rioters were manhandled by police. the only way to control assholes who think destroying public and private property is ok, is by giving them the beating of a lifetime or better break a leg or two. Now people who support these hooligans are as bad in my eyes.

bujhee kom
July 11, 2011, 09:22 PM
There are many footage of the Chief Whip of the Oppos. getting "Whipped" on the youtube now, there were a minimum of 5-6 cameras shot the incident simultaniously and you can see all of them, with broken bits and pieces it's actually a lot of footage! If you see them, you will see it goes on for a while and you will see the MP did provoke the Police first...there was no injustice! I am ashamed of him nonetheless, as it was once the party of a great Shahid President Ziaur Rahman.
What happened to the dude's cast on his broken hand with the sling around his neck??...then a few minutes later no cast, no sling, nothing and on top of that no ntops, no shirt...hahhahahah...I mean eto cinemar villainer FDC-er shooting-er moto pocha acting hoe gelo...eto mar-pit...gonji chira, lungi khuila langta hoiya rastai goragori...but mather tupe/porchula/wig/hairpiece stays put....ghahahah!! But One thing is for sure, I must say this to Madame, that wasn't a sexy dude at all...the dude took his clothes off in public with a huge pot belly slammin/shakin all over around and with a piar fo big man boobs, I mean eita dekhar por tow amar niomito ratrey-er ghum haraam hoe gese....

When it comes to Vandalizing, Looting and Rioting, there is no mercy rich or poor, we have to live within rules in a civilized world. And those Police officers I felt bad for actually, because it them that goes out there and challange these mastaans/hooligans/goons/thugs knowing that if BNP comes back in power this guy will be big shot again and that officer will turn into diarhoeah then! But I liked his carisma, the cops, his atitude and voice and command...oh I forgot, these police officers actua;lly take a lot of risk, they do not know where they are going, when they are charging/batoning someone, what that someone can do back, all of a sudden, they (the cops) stay super tense and nerve reck and sometimes they can have true nerveous break down from a scene like these, riots etc, if hit rock bottom. I am not justyfying wrongful Police unneccesary(spell) force on anybody as right, that should be punished as well.

Arrey bhais I had something else, now I forgot...okayu later...

Jadukor
July 11, 2011, 09:57 PM
police er birudhdhe podokhep keno nibe ? they did the right thing by bashing the hooligan. to all the people who are dissing the police action,how else do you suggest the hooligans were kept in control? In order to control rioters you have to exert force. This happened even during the G8 summit in toronto where i observed firsthand that rioters were manhandled by police. the only way to control assholes who think destroying public and private property is ok, is by giving them the beating of a lifetime or better break a leg or two. Now people who support these hooligans are as bad in my eyes.

The circumstances plays a great role into deciding what the Police force should do. What is justified and what is not. What about the rioters in Egypt, Syria, Libya? Do you also support the Mubarak, Assad regime clamping down on the protesters with force because they are out on the streets? Before we judge an action we must consider what are the circumstances that has lead to this event and whether the government was sincere enough to prevent it.

In my opinion the Government has a greater responsibility to ensure stability in our nation because people voted them into power. The government also has a strong responsibility to establish a democratic environment where opposition views are heard and debated. They must create that kind of environment in the parliament and also refrain from vendetta driven actions which will create more unstability and violence.

At a first glance from a video footage you might think the Police is simply breaking legs of a Mastaan/Hooligan but what kind of precedence does this set? What if you or I feel the need to raise our voices if we see rampant corruption and injustice ruining our country? Do you think the police would differentiate our intentions with the Mastaan that are out burning cars? Do you think we will be able to get a fair trial or be safe from physical harm? I think not.

My point is: we don't have a civilized political system where all pressing matters can be debated and resolved within the spaces of the parliament. Whenever a party goes into power that party immediately forgets what factors lead to the demise of the previous government and goes on to do the same mistakes such as corruption, politicizing key institutions, harrasing critics etc. So if such are the norms of our country sometimes we can't simply sit back and expect the standards we see in developed nations protester also. If whispers don't get your attention then ofcourse i have to resort to yelling... burning and trashing public property is one such sad way to get the government to act. Its a pathetic situation but its a reality.

Night_wolf
July 11, 2011, 10:25 PM
Jader shikkha nai tara ki vabe bujhbe konta think ba bethik? Tara ki bujhbe Desh er konta laav konta te khoti? Tara she tai korbe jeta diye tader kase dui bela vaat ashbe. tader baccha der mukhe ektu khabar dite parbe...Dosh shei shob manush der (naki onno kono projati) jara ei shob manush der obosthar shujog niye tader ke nongra kaaj e bebohar kore...Shob kisur nater guru kintu oi "desh premik" rajnitibid rai...

roman vai jokhon Dhaka uni ba je kono uni te gondogol lage tokhon gari vanga bus poray uni er polapan..eder keu tk dayna gari vangte..era vange karon porer property nosto korar akta riti amader majhe dhuke gase..r ami jadukor vai er sathe akmot..tk pai bole r akjon manuser tk nosto korbo eta to manuser bebohar hote parena..apni jodi sei rajnitibid der manus na bolte chan tobe to eder o manus bola jayna..ami kintu rajnitibid der dos dhakchina...era holo paler goda

Night_wolf
July 11, 2011, 10:28 PM

u r right but the problem with BD police is eder ke jodi khomota daoa hoy tahole era ja icha kore...ki riot r ki onno kisu..jara jhamela pakay tader o pitay..normal manus o pitay..amar ak friend ke akbar ai obostay paisilo..o or University Id dakhanor poro chare nai..age mair tarpor kotha amon vab..tk na dile charena...bhai ai obostay police er proti apnar valobasa jabega

layperson
July 11, 2011, 11:45 PM
I dont know why you guys find it difficult to look at individual incidents in isolation. Why is it that if i laud the police for their action for this incident make you think it means i will support the police under any circumstance? If as jadukor pointed out if it was me and you protesting on the street against corruption that is not a problem. POlice is not expected to beat us up for that. If we in the guise of protesting against corruption then we deserve an *** whopping from the cops. Remember the circumstances the police reacted in this incident is very justifiable because the hooligan was causing damage to public and private property. Now if the police were beating up people in a peaceful protest i would be against the police action. Please give the police credit where it is due. DO NOT judge things based on generalizing circumstances. As I said before if anyone disses the police in this incident, they are all grouped in the same category as jainul abdin in my books.

Jadukor
July 12, 2011, 01:00 AM
You are asking me to stop generalizing and yet you are lumping everyone who is criticizing the police under the same banner as Jainul Abedin without taking into account individual perspectives. I think you would agree that is also a form of generalization.
Looking at individual incidents in isolation is not difficult. Youtube can be very handy in that regard. Making a broader picture out of isolated incidents however is a bit more difficult and [That's why analysts have jobs]It helps you understand which way things are headed.

I am also a bit confused. where is it shown in the video that he was vandalizing public property? Did i miss the earlier part of the video?

al Furqaan
July 12, 2011, 01:08 AM
i thought police were beaten with a whip...now it turns out the whip was beaten by the police.

as usual everything is backwards in BD.

Naimul_Hd
July 12, 2011, 03:33 AM
i thought police were beaten with a whip...now it turns out the whip was beaten by the police.

:applause::applause:

roman
July 13, 2011, 03:34 PM
roman vai jokhon Dhaka uni ba je kono uni te gondogol lage tokhon gari vanga bus poray uni er polapan..eder keu tk dayna gari vangte..era vange karon porer property nosto korar akta riti amader majhe dhuke gase..r ami jadukor vai er sathe akmot..tk pai bole r akjon manuser tk nosto korbo eta to manuser bebohar hote parena..apni jodi sei rajnitibid der manus na bolte chan tobe to eder o manus bola jayna..ami kintu rajnitibid der dos dhakchina...era holo paler goda

Adnan Vai, whats your definition of a "shikkhito"? :) My definition is very simple..It is the ability to distinguish between right and wrong. And those Uni students that you are talking about definitely dont have it...