PDA

View Full Version : Ask a Sage

Zeeshan
July 12, 2011, 06:51 PM
And one of us will help you out with life....

Alchemist
July 12, 2011, 09:44 PM
Could you please explain different state of awarenesses in Human? Like Tendulkar or Dravid finding their 'Zone' while batting and maintaining it like there's no tomorrow comparing to our 'AAA battery' losing it within seconds of getting into it.

Please explain this state of awareness from different angles like: Physical, Mental, Emotional and/or Spiritual and their relationship.

bujhee kom
July 12, 2011, 09:47 PM
Alchemist bhaiyo, eta tow besh kothin proshno....ektu bhebe dekhte hobey ra dada!

Zeeshan
July 12, 2011, 10:27 PM
Could you please explain different state of awarenesses in Human? Like Tendulkar or Dravid finding their 'Zone' while batting and maintaining it like there's no tomorrow comparing to our 'AAA battery' losing it within seconds of getting into it.

Please explain this state of awareness from different angles like: Physical, Mental, Emotional and/or Spiritual and their relationship.

But...male sea-horses are the ones that become pregnant.

al-Sagar
July 12, 2011, 11:34 PM
very good thread zeeshan bhai ...... manusher question answer dite giye ektu matha ta khatano jabe

Alchemist
July 13, 2011, 12:16 AM
But...male sea-horses are the ones that become pregnant.

And the Male Peacocks have colorful feathers, Male tigers eat their cubs and Ashraful meditates everyday but can't find his 'Zone'! What's the point?

Back to the serious question. Can you explain different levels of awareness in human?

Ajfar
July 13, 2011, 12:18 AM
Where do babies come from? And please don't say 'Allah'r Bari'

Alchemist
July 13, 2011, 12:20 AM
Alchemist bhaiyo, eta tow besh kothin proshno....ektu bhebe dekhte hobey ra dada!

Javed bhai you're most welcome to take your time. Aparently, this is one of the ancient questions. Any sage (be it a Cricket sage in BC) should be able to answer this question, if he's a true sage!:cool:

Zeeshan
July 13, 2011, 12:25 AM
And the Male Peacocks have colorful feathers, Male tigers eat their cubs and Ashraful meditates everyday but can't find his 'Zone'! What's the point?

Back to the serious question. Can you explain different levels of awareness in human?

If you didn't immediately realize the fact that Sehwag never gets in the so-called 'zone' then you have completely missed the point.

Point being, so what Tendulkar and Dravid gets in a certain frame of mind. Should that be the ideal benchmark? Are they then Bradmen? Did Bradman ever get in the 'zone'? What about the times they did NOT get in the zone? Per se, they all got out at some points right? It's not as if Tendulkar made 1000 runs non-stop in Test or Dravid NEVER got out. So they are not invincible. [I even opened a thread on "in the zone"]

Some say, if you are belief is so strong enough you can walk on fire. But these are all hypothetical matters. If belief is really that strong, then a person could have been God.

Sure I could have concocted a theory of hyperawareness or superconsciousness but the fact of the matter is I never got "in the zone" so to speak to achieve something grandiose. Therefore I am in no position to comment on it.

Short answer: As Auntuda once said: Make your own standard! :)

Alchemist
July 13, 2011, 12:25 AM
Ok..another question: what is 'Aat Kuthuri, Noy Dorja"?

Hint: It's one of Lalon's spiritual puzzles.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lalon

Zeeshan
July 13, 2011, 12:36 AM

Grave.

Alchemist
July 13, 2011, 12:40 AM
If you didn't immediately realize the fact that Sehwag never gets in the so-called 'zone' then you have completely missed the point.

How can you say that Sehwag never gets in the so-called 'zone'? If Sehwag is not admitting it but still hitting double tons by playing some 150 balls, he may be getting into the 'zone' without actually realizing it! Since it's Sehwag, I'd say, he doesn't have the mental and spiritual maturity to realize it (his comment before the test match against us still pisses me off):-B

Test matches are not the same as 20/20. I'd say, Don Bradman was the master cricketer who had enough self-discipline to get into the 'zone' pretty easily.

Zeeshan
July 13, 2011, 12:47 AM
@Alchemist

Surprisingly a player like Virendar Sehwag, who one would expect to enter this mental statehood, denies of ever entering the zone. As he told Cricinfo (http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/425164.html)in last year September:"I have asked Tendulkar many times what the zone is. He tells me that's when 'I see nothing except the ball'. I have asked Rahul Dravid the same thing. He says sometimes when he is in really good form, he sees the ball and not even the sightscreen, the non-striker, the umpire or who is bowling. I ask how that is possible. But I have never entered that zone even if I've scored triple-centuries twice. Maybe I will enter that zone they talk about in future. " Does he always stay in the zone? Again in his own words:"...the definition of zone is different for me. They have both experienced what I have never experienced. Right from the time I was growing up there would be people moving along the sightscreen, but I would never get distracted. But if somebody shouts and says there is someone near the sightscreen then I will stop and move the guy."http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=33228&highlight=zone

Isnaad
July 13, 2011, 01:41 AM
What is the alternative way of becoming a cricket sage in BC? I mean I am reluctant to go for the 15k posts.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Banglaguy
July 13, 2011, 05:25 AM
Do people find me annoying?

Nafi
July 13, 2011, 08:40 AM
Yes. I also dislike your extremist views.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Banglaguy
July 13, 2011, 08:50 AM
Yes. I also dislike your extremist views.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

One man's terrorist, another man's freedom fighter.
And I swear it's ask a sage... Your not a Sage mate, so jog on :)

Night_wolf
July 13, 2011, 11:03 AM
Nadim or sohel vai should open ask a savant

Isnaad
July 13, 2011, 12:19 PM
Nadim or sohel vai should open ask a savant

Agree :)

bujhee kom
July 13, 2011, 08:33 PM
Hee bolu tumra ki jantey chao?

Ask questions like what kind of cologn ylou should wear....how to fix a Toilet Flush Tank at 2 in the morning with a toothpick and a used pair of socks...You walking by a quiet country road and all of a s7udden you see a birth giving pregnant feral cat in labor pain trouble and hissing and growling at you...what should you do...etc.

Zeeshan
July 13, 2011, 08:34 PM
Hee bolu tumra ki jantey chao?

How do you (read:i) score?

al-Sagar
July 13, 2011, 10:18 PM

baby der baba and maa DOA kore ..... then baby hoy

al-Sagar
July 13, 2011, 10:20 PM

people never tries to find you

Alchemist
July 13, 2011, 10:48 PM

Offstump Bhai, I know you are joking but BanglaGuy may get offended by it.

What I feel about BG is, he's a kind of person who's full of passion and energy and trying to explore different things around him. I used to be like him once upon a time and with time, maturity will come.

It's good that he's trying to learn more about Bangladesh cricket and religion. Not many kids in the western world do that.

Banglaguy: It's an open forum and people from different maturity level contribute to this forum. As long as you are trying to improve yourself and have respect for others, you don't need anyone's approval. You've to respect the feedback from others though.

Alchemist
July 13, 2011, 10:50 PM
@Alchemist

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=33228&highlight=zone

Good one Zeeshan. Completely pawned!:blush:

roman
July 13, 2011, 11:04 PM
No brother..why you think like this?

AsifTheManRahman
July 13, 2011, 11:36 PM
Offstump Bhai, I know you are joking but BanglaGuy may get offended by it.

What I feel about BG is, he's a kind of person who's full of passion and energy and trying to explore different things around him. I used to be like him once upon a time and with time, maturity will come.

It's good that he's trying to learn more about Bangladesh cricket and religion. Not many kids in the western world do that.

Banglaguy: It's an open forum and people from different maturity level contribute to this forum. As long as you are trying to improve yourself and have respect for others, you don't need anyone's approval. You've to respect the feedback from others though.
Who asked you for an answer? You're not even a sage. ;)

Zeeshan
July 14, 2011, 12:07 AM
I found alchemist's denigrating(condescending) answer more insidious than offie's trifle....

Alchemist
July 14, 2011, 02:16 AM
Who asked you for an answer? You're not even a sage. ;)

Right. A waana be 'Sage'. :saint:

Alchemist
July 14, 2011, 02:19 AM
I found alchemist's denigrating(condescending) answer more insidious than offie's trifle....

It's the way of Alchemy, mate! :smug:
Did you manage to solve the 'Lalon's riddle' yet?

Banglaguy
July 14, 2011, 06:20 AM
No brother..why you think like this?
Because of answers like this....

Rabz
July 14, 2011, 07:42 AM
Achcha, sej hole ki amar gandhi ji'r moto nengti pore ghurte hobe ?

Isnaad
July 14, 2011, 02:16 PM
Because of answers like this....

You asked a question, he answered. Erokom question ask korba na, erokom answer o paba na.

Banglaguy
July 14, 2011, 02:17 PM
You asked a question, he answered. Erokom question ask korba na, erokom answer o paba na.

He asked why I think of it, and I answered :D