PDA

View Full Version : Duck Hunting

Rubu
February 23, 2004, 05:39 PM
How many of you remember playing the Duck hunting game? U thought u were good? well, u are wrong. our team is the best. Sumon leading them with HATRIC ducks, including the practice match. his score so far is (10,0,0,0) in zim and in namibia 65,20,2,1. is this our best batsmen?
see if he could just play his usual play and get 50s, we could easily get our first draw. HE HAS TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR LOSE ON THE FIRST TEST. its been already talked a lot about his captancy and performance and reading all the previous poles, i'v to agree with other that we need to give him more time. but, his score shows that captancy IS effecting his play. i think we should consider some pshco therapy for him. reading newspaper, what i learned that sumon is (in)famous for his shyness and passive attitude. and if this is the problem, a spyco therapy could help. we don't wanna see anyone playing duck hunting anymore.

Zobair
February 23, 2004, 05:47 PM
Sumon has been the captain of the Bangladesh team for a grand total of ONE test and ZERO odis! How about we chill and give him a couple more matches?!:cool:

billah
February 23, 2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by pompous
Sumon has been the captain of the Bangladesh team for a grand total of ONE test and ZERO odis! How about we chill and give him a couple more matches?!:cool:

A very valid point, Sir. The question, however,is: Does he want to play the skipper?

Sami
February 23, 2004, 05:59 PM
Dont get on sumon's case... although I wanted Rafique to be our captain... i still think Sumon was a good choice... he will do good... and soon we will be singing the sumon song again... :D

Sham
February 23, 2004, 05:59 PM
I seriously thought it was about the recent news item (although surprisingly not too prominent) about Justice Scalia refusing to recuse himself from the Supreme Court's hearing of a Halliburton case even though he and Dick Cheney regularly go duck hunting together! :)

Anyway, I'm glad it was about Sumon instead. But I agree with pomp, its too early to start beating up on Sumon. Give him some time and then we'll see how he bats as captain.

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by Sham]

oracle
February 23, 2004, 07:17 PM
So how long before we go Sumon bashing. Seems like we are already warming up.

a) 6 months
b) 4defeats
c) 1 year
d) 2years

:(

Arnab
February 23, 2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Sham
I seriously thought it was about the recent news item (although surprisingly not too prominent) about Justice Scalia refusing to recuse himself from the Supreme Court's hearing of a Halliburton case even though he and Dick Cheney regularly go duck hunting together! :)

Haha! Me too. In fact, I just posted a thread about it on another board. America has become really bichitro. Did you know that Scalia was also one of the five judges who voted for Bush during the reelection case in 2000. Shoytanguli shob ekshathe choley.

Nascer
February 23, 2004, 08:55 PM
[Edited on 6-9-2004 by Nascer]

reinausagi
February 23, 2004, 09:28 PM
Sunny went through a patch in his career where he was hunting ducks with gusto. No doubt Sumon will get over it. More recently, captains Nasser Hussain and Saurov Ganguly went through horrible batting patches as well. Let's give at least three series before jumping on him.

Beamer
February 23, 2004, 10:43 PM
Somewhere sitting in his livingroom easychair, in front of a tv, khaled Mahmud shujon is going hmmmmmha ha ha.

He passed the captaincy to shumon and he started with two ducks.

He gave his pads to Alok and he has since been dropped.

Zunaid
February 23, 2004, 11:02 PM
Sunny... don't think he had consecutive ducks but when he came back in form he came back in form...

Here are a sequence of his scores:

67, 20, 0, 1, 32, 147*
90, 1, 12, 3, 0, 20, 236*

Now for some fowl statistics:

Most ducks in Tests

Courtney Walsh, 43
Shane Warne, 27
Glenn McGrath, Mervyn Dillon, Curtely Ambrose all 26

Top recognized batsman is Steve Waugh with 22.

The West Indies hold the dubious distinction of most ducks in a test series. During the five test series vs. Australia in 2000/01 they successfully laid 28 ducks. In fact, all players except Ridley Jacobs, the wicket keeper, scored at least one duck.

India's Ajit Agarkar and Australia's Bob Holland carry a big basket of eggs - most consecutive ducks in Tests. Incidentally they both share the honor of 4 consecutive golden ducks. Agarkar's first four were golden ducks and his fifth was on the second ball faced.

Geoff Allott the Kiwi holds the record for the longest duck. 77 balls in 101 minutes against SAfricans in 1999. He could have scored a single or true but was trying to give his partner the strike.

Richard Hadlee has hatched the most ducks. He bowled out 66 batsmen for ducks.

Ok, the duck stops here. Let's just let sleeping ducks lie.

- Zunaid

fab
February 23, 2004, 11:37 PM
LOL! Very interesting.. :)

Either way Bashar needs to quit playing goose and get his act together very quackly, err quickly. We can't have yet another under performing captain swanning around the world and letting us down..

sage
February 25, 2004, 08:11 AM
:lol:
Ducks rule the world!:D

AsifTheManRahman
February 26, 2004, 01:48 AM
did any of you notice that the way Bashar walks and moves does actually resemble a duck?
In fact he also looks like a duck too...:bird::bird::bird:

Nijhum
February 26, 2004, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
did any of you notice that the way Bashar walks and moves does actually resemble a duck?
In fact he also looks like a duck too...:bird::bird::bird:

We all are looking (and quacking quite a bit) like smart ducks.