PDA

View Full Version : Murderer!

PoorFan
July 19, 2011, 12:45 AM
<FIELDSET>

6 beaten to death

Villagers in Aminbazar, police claim them to be robbers; they found to be fun-loving students; families barricade roads

</FIELDSET>
http://www.thedailystar.net/photo/2011/07/19/2011-07-19__fttt00000000000001.jpg (http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/photo_gallery.php?pid=194763)<SMALL class=fixedcap>On Keblarchar shoal in Aminbazar lie clothes and a sandal of the students killed in a mob beating there on the night of Shab-e-Barat. Saifuddin Md Aminur Rahim, left, father of one of the victims Shamam, waits for his only son's body at DMC morgue yesterday.Photo: Palash Khan</SMALL>Staff Correspondent
Six students were bludgeoned to death by a mob of several hundred villagers in Aminbazar on the outskirts of the capital on Shab-e-Barat early yesterday.
The reason behind the attack, which also left another person injured, remains unclear. But locals and police claimed the youths were robbers.
Al Amin, the lone survivor who suffered injuries all over his body, said they went to Keblarchar in Bardeshi village of Aminbazar to smoke cannabis.
Keblarchar is known as a hot spot for drug trade.
Of the six, Towhidur Rahman Palash, Kamruzzaman Kanto and Ibrahim Khalil were students of Bangla College, Shams Rahim Shamam of Maple Leaf International School, Tipu Sultan of Tejgaon College and Sitaf Jabi Munif was of Bangladesh University of Business and Technology.
The bodies were sent to Dhaka Medical College morgue by Savar police in the morning and handed over to families in the afternoon following autopsies.
Morgue sources said the six were battered to death and two of the bodies bore marks of injuries from sharp weapons.
Aged between 16 and 22, they hailed from Darussalam, Kalyanpur and Shyamoli, a few kilometres off Aminbazar.
Families claimed the seven had no criminal records, but could not say why they went to the area.
Protesting the killings, several hundred locals of Darussalam blocked the road from Kalyanpur to Technical Intersection for one and a half hours from 12:30pm yesterday and vandalised two buses.
Al Amin, 18, a sales representative of a juice company, said he along with his six friends went to Aminbazar firstly by a rickshaw-van and then to Keblarchar on foot.
"We were walking along the riverbank at Keblarchar around 1:30am. All of a sudden, we saw a group of people come towards us with torches in their hands," he told reporters at Savar Thana Health Complex where he took treatment.
The people, without saying a word, started beating them shouting “dacoit, dacoit”.
While the mob was battering the seven, an elderly person asked all not to beat Al Amin, he said when his father Khabir Bepari met him at the health complex.
Al Amin was being interrogated by Savar police yesterday.
Following an alarming rise in robbery and snatching, locals formed teams to patrol the area, carrying sticks and sharp weapons.
In the last one month, five robberies took place in the village while criminals frequently forced sand traders in the region to pay extortion, locals said.
"We saw a trawler with several people come to the sand-filled place around 1:30pm [yesterday]. Suspecting them robbers, we instantly passed the information to other teams over mobile phones," said a middle-aged man, who is a member of one of the teams.
On instructions of local leaders, they allowed the gang to enter deep into the village and announced over loudspeakers of mosques that the robbers had intruded, he said, preferring anonymity.
This prompted the villagers, many of who were on prayers of Shab-e-Barat, to attack the youths.
The man also said the number of robbers was 16 to 17 and the all but the seven managed to flee in the trawler in the direction they had come.
Under mob assault, the youths kept saying that they were students and residents of Darussalam area, said several other villagers, who were on patrol that night.
The group requested all to check their identities but the mob could not be restrained.
On information, police reached the spot and managed to rescue only Al Amin.
"Receiving a wireless message, we rushed to the spot and saw around 500 to 600 locals beating the youths. When I dispersed the mob, I found the six already dead," said Sub-Inspector Hares Shikder.
Police found four machetes beside the bodies, said Mahbubur Rahman, officer-in-charge of Savar Police Station.
Two cases--one by a local sand trader Abdul Malek and the other by police--were filed in connection with the incident.
Malek in his case statement said those killed in the mob beating were robbers and four of them extorted Tk 5 thousand from him earlier that night.
Sub-Inspector Anwar Hossain of the police station filed a murder case accusing five to six hundred unidentified villagers of the killings.
Savar police said nobody was arrested any of the accused as of today 1:00am.
Mizanur Rahman, Dhaka district superintendent of police, said a gang of 14 to 15 came to Keblarchar and took away Tk 5 thousand from sand trader Abdul Malek.
Later, when they made an attempt of robbery locals chased and caught seven of them. "The rest managed to flee.”

The Daily Star (http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=194763)

PoorFan
July 19, 2011, 12:47 AM
<FIELDSET>

Students they were

</FIELDSET>
http://www.thedailystar.net/photo/2011/07/19/2011-07-19__ft0000000002.jpg (http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/photo_gallery.php?pid=194764)<SMALL class=fixedcap>Clockwise: Kamruzzaman Kanto, Ibrahim Khalil, Munib Sitab, Towhidur Rahman.</SMALL>Kailash Sarkar and Shaheen Mollah
They all were students, not “robbers”.
The six youths killed in the mob beating in Aminbazar early yesterday were students of reputed colleges and of a school in the city.
The victims are Shams Rahim Shamam, 17, an A-level student of Maple Leaf International School; Ibrahim Khalil, 20, Towhidur Rahman Palash, 22, and Kamruzzaman Kanto, 16, of Government Bangla College in Mirpur; Tipu Sultan, 20, of Tejgaon College; and Sitaf Jabi Munif, 21, of Bangladesh University of Business & Technology (BUBT).
Shamam's father Shaifuddin Md Aminur Rahim is a former deputy attorney general. He was yesterday found outside Dhaka Medical College morgue waiting in tears for his only son's body.
Aminur Rahim had a dream to send Shamam to London to study law. Not in his wildest dreams he wanted his son to be a victim of mob violence.
“There is no law in the country; there is no justice,” said Aminur Rahim, adding, “Given the present situation of the country, anything is possible here,” he added.
“I have lost everything and left to cry for justice!” he said.
Ibrahim Khalil was the hope of his father Abu Taher of Kalkini upazila in Madaripur district. Abu Taher has a small fruit shop at Kalyanpur bus stand in the city.
“I made my peace with all the hardship only to see my son well educated. Now that he is gone, I am doomed to nothingness,” said Abu Taher in a tired voice and then fainted.
Towhidur Rahman Palash, a first-year student of physics department at Bangla College, was son of Mujibur Rahman of Charbhadrashan under Shibchar upazila in Madaripur district. His older brother Sirajul Islam is a student of Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (Buet).
Sirajul said his brother was never involved in any criminal gangs or illegal activities.
Vicitm Kamruzzaman was son of truck driver Suruj Miah of Lakshmipur. He passed Dakhil examination from Tarabiatul Millat Academy Madrasa. He just got admitted to Bangla College on July 16.
Tipu Sultan was a first-year student of Department of Accounting of Bangla College. Son of Abdur Rashid of Shariatpur district, he was a resident of Shyamoli.
A second-year student of BBA at BUBT, Sitaf Jabi Munif was the son of late doctor Mokhlesur Rahman of Dinajpur. He used to live in Shyamoli.

The Daily Star (http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=194764)

Jadukor
July 19, 2011, 12:56 AM
what a sad country we call home
may the lost souls rest in peace

PoorFan
July 19, 2011, 12:57 AM
I lost all the words, dont know what say after reading this news online from yesterday. Hesitated to post this news here, but finally decided to do it anyway. I feel shame what I said on a Saudi boy in other thread, if he is inhuman we are beyond any living beast.

And I would ask members not to post those disturbing images/photos here on BC, please.

Alien
July 19, 2011, 01:10 AM
Bunch of rural barbarians. Don't expect anything better of them. Lets face it, it was never about them being "dacoit", but rather "lets bash these well off city kids".

Banglatiger84
July 19, 2011, 01:17 AM
This is why I always made myself hoarse speaking against lynchings, and everytime i would be told to shut up by people who cheer every lynching, every gono pituni, every gonodholai, thinking it will lead to justice for all. The police are corrupt, just kill any suspect on the spot, and crime will go down

Crime never went down, did it ?

The sad fact is that unless you blend in fully, you can walk in some streets and be one chorus of 4-5 people shouting "Dakat, mar Dakat", from getting lynched

And you know the saddest part?

There will be people sipping tea and saying "as long as dacoits get killed, its ok to have some innocents die now and then"

nakedzero
July 19, 2011, 01:18 AM
R afsos korteo bhalo lagena! Ki laabh? Nothings gonna change.

Banglatiger84
July 19, 2011, 01:19 AM
Bunch of rural barbarians. Don't expect anything better of them. Lets face it, it was never about them being "dacoit", but rather "lets bash these well off city kids".

These morons needs to understand that not everyone who speaks English well and dresses properly and doesnt cough and spit in public, is a corrupt millioinaire.

I am speaking in anger now so dont take it literally: maybe if police came in and just machine gunned the people doing the lynchings, we will not have such situations. And barricading Mirpur road wont do any good , just hunt down the main instigators in the lynch mob, and hang their bodies to be eaten by vultures.

People in general and Desis in particular are generally meek people who become lions when in a mob.
The person who is a coward otherwise becomes the loudest in a mob in screaming "mar", "maro" or whatever battle cry their cowardly hearts can pronounce.

Alien
July 19, 2011, 01:32 AM
These morons needs to understand that not everyone who speaks English well and dresses properly and doesnt cough and spit in public, is a corrupt millioinaire.

I am speaking in anger now so dont take it literally: maybe if police came in and just machine gunned the people doing the lynchings, we will not have such situations. And barricading Mirpur road wont do any good , just hunt down the main instigators in the lynch mob, and hang their bodies to be eaten by vultures.

People in general and Desis in particular are generally meek people who become lions when in a mob.
The person who is a coward otherwise becomes the loudest in a mob in screaming "mar", "maro" or whatever battle cry their cowardly hearts can pronounce.

Its the mob-mentality of our countrymen that upsets me big time. If your car gets into an accident with a rikshaw, it MUST be your fault. Even if the Rikshaw was at fault. Next thing you know you look like Qurbanir goru after its been slaughtered.

Sorry to generalise, but this whole mob-bashing is a trait of all 3rd world countries. Happens a lot in Africa too.

crikss
July 19, 2011, 02:05 AM
feeling so bad don't know what to say...very sad incident

PoorFan
July 19, 2011, 02:14 AM
<FIELDSET>Mob-beating

70 killed in 6 months

</FIELDSET>
Tuhin Shubhra Adhikary
Mob beatings claimed more than 70 lives across the country in the last six months, according to reports of two rights organisations.
Meanwhile, rights activist Sultana Kamal and former inspector general of police (IGP) SM Shahjahan yesterday observed that the incidents of mob killing are recurring as the people responsible for the violence scarcely face any legal charges.
In its half-yearly report released on June 30, Ain O Salish Kendra (ASK) mentioned of 72 deaths in mob beatings across the country while another rights organisation Odhikar found the number to be 75 based on reports published in 12 national dailies between January and June this year.
The latest tragedy took place in the wee hours yesterday when a mob beat to death six college students at Aminbazar in Savar.
“We have developed a culture of killing criminals in mob beating or in other extra-judicial manner,” according to Sultana Kamal, also the executive director of ASK.
“In most of the cases, the state does not take legal actions against the people responsible for extra-judicial killing, including mob attacks; rather it supports the act which is drastically increasing people's lack of confidence in law and order,” she said, adding that anyone can fall a victim if such trend is not checked.
According to the ASK report, 36 people were killed in Dhaka alone while 23 in Chittagong, one in Rajshahi, five in Khulna, three in Barisal, two in Sylhet and two in Rangpur in the last six months.
As per the report of Odhikar, eight people were killed in mob beating in January while 18 in February, 12 in March, 18 in April, 11 in May and eight in June this year.
Former IGP Shahjahan said, “The incidents of mob attacks should be investigated and the culprits behind the mob killing should be brought to book. Otherwise, the trend will grow stronger and deteriorate law and order.”
Reluctance in punishing these people will severely affect the rule of law, justice and human rights, he added.

The Daily Star (http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=194766)

Banglatiger84
July 19, 2011, 02:15 AM
Its the mob-mentality of our countrymen that upsets me big time. If your car gets into an accident with a rikshaw, it MUST be your fault. Even if the Rikshaw was at fault. Next thing you know you look like Qurbanir goru after its been slaughtered.

Sorry to generalise, but this whole mob-bashing is a trait of all 3rd world countries. Happens a lot in Africa too.

Few years back there was this scam/robbery where a man/woman would block your car on a small street and ask for money else "i will scream that you ran over my leg".

Obviously it will be the evil car's fault.

Just note how people burn down other cars and buses if one bus hits a pedestrian.

As for Africa, they often kill you there by "necklacing", something that hasnt reached our shores yet..

*Necklacing: Forcing a tyre filled with petrol on a person neck and setting the tyre on fire

Banglatiger84
July 19, 2011, 02:16 AM
As i said, peopel think that extra judicial killings, lynchings etc are good because "criminals will be afraid now".

Does anyoen notice any decrease in crime even though both of these practices have been going on for quite some time? This proves that in the long run they dont change anything. Who will drill this into our fellow countrymen's head ?

PoorFan
July 19, 2011, 02:17 AM
Not a single person among the mob could not think of death as well as innocence? I want to see couple of those murderers get hanged/jailed.

PoorFan
July 19, 2011, 02:52 AM
As i said, peopel think that extra judicial killings, lynchings etc are good because "criminals will be afraid now".

Does anyoen notice any decrease in crime even though both of these practices have been going on for quite some time? This proves that in the long run they dont change anything. Who will drill this into our fellow countrymen's head ?
Extra judicial killings and lynchings has been used for purpose time to time in our society for long, there were news on papers, yet lack of govt. judicial, and political initiative now we are having this mess. Our govt., justice system, and politicians are always busy with their corruption and power game/cases. Nobody is there to care such inhuman brutality that only exist in Africa.

Few days ago In/after 'hortal' I was stunned to hear our honorable Shahara Khaton calling people/mobs to take on the street and fight hortal supporting mobs! Does she, a minister of a state, realize the bloody consequence of such call? Will she ever take responsibility if any life casuality as a result? Why on earth any general people have to take on street which is their/govt. job to serve and protect? And guess what, no paper or journalist ever asked her to answer these questions!

Alien
July 19, 2011, 06:08 AM
^^ On that note, those who call for Hartals (only candidate are Hasina or Khaleda at least during my life time), are equally responsible for letting people take the law into their own hand. Not everyone should be forced (especially by opposition) to observe Hartal. I have every right to drive my car during one but can't because of BAL/BNP chamchas with no life waiting to stir trouble.

banfan2
July 19, 2011, 09:17 AM
ami karo pokkho nichchi na just boltesi. je alakay aita hoise aminbazar sekhane dakati ekta voyonkor somossa. manush sarakkhon atonke thake. ami jani karon ami savarer chele. pura savarey dakati ekta boro somossa abong aminbazare aita beshi abong police kono support korena karon tara dakat abong drugg businessmander kas theke taka pay. neshakhorra dakati na korle neshar taka kothay pabe. hoyto oi studentra nirdosh chilo but oi alakar studentra asholei onek onoitik kaje jorito. chintai,churi jantam. dakari shomporke janina ami bcz ami koyek bochor agei chole assi. but dakati kora oshomvob na oder pokkhe. tai shudhu shudhu grambashike ektorfa dosh diye lav nei. vul 2 pokkher chilo abar karoi chilo na. hoyto ora poristhitir shikar jeta kokhonoi kammo noy. ai poristhiti sristi hoyar pichone mul karon obadhe madok bebsha, police-er nishkriota abong corruption. studentder usrinkholota. tobe bina bichare manush mara kokhonoi shomorthon pete parena.

Naimul_Hd
July 19, 2011, 09:53 AM
Many newspapers are reporting different news on this issue stating the same source. Proper investigation should unfold the real story. But by the looks of their educational background and family, i find it very hard to believe that they were dacoits.

People these days are becoming so impatience that they don't even care to listen to others. Bangladesh's social system is deteriorating in an alarming rate.

RazabQ
July 19, 2011, 12:46 PM
Morale of the story: bored city kids shouldn't go off to the boonies to get high, especially when it is known that they live in particularly law-less time

bujhee kom
July 19, 2011, 01:52 PM
I am speechless!

roman
July 19, 2011, 02:17 PM
Whats going on in BD? This is outrageous..What's wrong with BD people? Manush din din shovvo hoy aar amader desher manush ra to dekhi din din borbor hosse..

MohammedC
July 19, 2011, 05:13 PM
Innalillahi wa inna ilahi rajeun.

Don't know how to express my feeling.

cricket_pagol
July 19, 2011, 08:47 PM
Morale of the story: bored city kids shouldn't go off to the boonies to get high, especially when it is known that they live in particularly law-less time

The kids behavior were definitely reckless. The culture of hartal and lack of law reinforcement encourage people to take in their own hand, and for that the entire nation is responsible!

Zeeshan
July 19, 2011, 09:25 PM
What can I say. Perfect example of holier-than-thou meets mob mentality. Sad....

Severus
July 20, 2011, 12:38 AM
RAB has been abusing the system with their extrajudicial killings for years. If govt itself sets the example then why would not the rest of the population follow

al Furqaan
July 20, 2011, 12:52 AM

thank you! if you wanna get high do so in a safer place. cricket pagol is also on the money: the whole nation is responsible for this. time to stop the villagers, no matter how ignorant they might be.

PoorFan
July 20, 2011, 02:25 AM
I dont believe the villagers [whoever first started lynching them] just didnt realized those boys were not dacoits, Six people cant die being beaten in a blink, it take time to kill one, even it take time to grab them and start beating. Lot of words and activity must have been involved, each of the victim must have said lot of thing, pleaded for their life, but none of the moronic villagers didnt get slightest hint of deadliest mistake?!? How that can be truth?

They killed SIX boys!! NOT one or so! but none of them could not convince the villagers of their identity and reasons? How can we believe that? Couple of them were 20+ years old, and were well educated to at least speak out who they really are!! There must be something behind this barbaric act from the villagers, I got the feeling that they killed these boys intentionally, and wanted to make sure they all dies. More I think more I feel there is a great lie behind this killing, I cant just accept their claim as a truth.

I hope law inforcement at the top stand up to this brutal killing and sincerely work for the truth, bring those killers to the justice even including the crooked police officers in charge in that area, those who was involved in the fake robbery case.

Banglatiger84
July 20, 2011, 02:38 AM
I dont believe the villagers [whoever first started lynching them] just didnt realized those boys were not dacoits, Six people cant die being beaten in a blink, it take time to kill one, even it take time to grab them and start beating. Lot of words and activity must have been involved, each of the victim must have said lot of thing, pleaded for their life, but none of the moronic villagers didnt get slightest hint of deadliest mistake?!? How that can be truth?

They killed SIX boys!! NOT one or so! but none of them could not convince the villagers of their identity and reasons? How can we believe that? Couple of them were 20+ years old, and were well educated to at least speak out who they really are!! There must be something behind this barbaric act from the villagers, I got the feeling that they killed these boys intentionally, and wanted to make sure they all dies. More I think more I feel there is a great lie behind this killing, I cant just accept their claim as a truth.

We can guess what went on

Probably the kids were screaming "amra dakat na, ekbar to kotha shunen"

And the villagers would probably say "chup k****** pola, shobai koye tara dakat na, aaj toder khotom korum " complete with cries of "mar mar" by people in the background

WARNING:
The link below contains graphic images of the victims.

http://www.gulf-times.com/mritems/images/2011/7/18/2_447536_1_248.jpg

Btw this article says the students went there to buy heroin, is that substantiated in local press?

PoorFan
July 20, 2011, 09:37 AM
We can guess what went on

Probably the kids were screaming "amra dakat na, ekbar to kotha shunen"

And the villagers would probably say "chup k****** pola, shobai koye tara dakat na, aaj toder khotom korum " complete with cries of "mar mar" by people in the background

Check this out, those bold parts especially those under lined part.

[বাংলা]<TABLE class=contentpaneopen><TBODY><TR><TD class=contentheading width="100%">পরিবারের সন্দেহ, হত্যার পর সাজানো হয় গণপিটুনির নাটক </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=contentpaneopen><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>বুধবার, ২০ জুলাই ২০১১
নূরুজ্জামান: আমিনবাজারে ৬ ছাত্রকে পিটিয়ে হত্যা করে গণপিটুনির নাটক সাজায় মাদক ব্যবসায়ীরা। মাদক জোনে গভীর রাতে আইন-শৃঙ্খলা বাহিনীর সোর্স মনে করে তারা এ হত্যাকাণ্ড ঘটায়। নিহতের স্বজনদের দাবি এমনই। পাশাপাশি আহত আল-আমিনকে পুলিশ ও মাদক ব্যবসায়ীদের ঢাল হিসেবে ব্যবহারের অভিযোগ করেছেন নিহতের স্বজনরা। এ নিয়ে গতকাল দুপুরে রাজধানীর শ্যামলী ও দারুস সালাম এলাকায় উত্তেজনা ছড়িয়ে পড়ে। তারা মানববন্ধন ও বিক্ষোভ মিছিল করেন। একই সঙ্গে তারা রাস্তা অবরোধ করে দোষীদের শাস্তি দাবি করেন। এ ঘটনায় নিহতদের বাড়িসহ দারুস সালাম ও শ্যামলীর বিভিন্ন এলাকায় অতিরিক্ত পুলিশ মোতায়েন করা হয়েছে। অপরদিকে নিহতদের ঘরে ঘরে ছিল শোকের মাতম। আল-আমিনের মা শিল্পী আক্তার বলেন, ছেলের সঙ্গে সাভার থানায় বসে অনেক কথা হয়েছে। সে আমাকে বলেছে, স্রেফ বেড়ানোর জন্যই তারা আমিন বাজারে গিয়েছিল। সিগারেট ধরানোর জন্য ঢুকেছিল ট্রাক স্ট্যান্ডে। কিছুক্ষণ সেখানে আড্ডা দেয়ার পরপরই ১০-১২ জন লোক তাদের ওপর হামলে পড়ে। ইনফর্মার বলে পেটাতে থাকে। পলাশ, ইব্রাহিম ও কান্ত কলেজের ছাত্র পরিচয় দিয়ে হামলাকারীদের পা জড়িয়ে ধরে। পরিচয় পেয়ে তারা আরও ক্ষিপ্ত হয়। হামলাকারীরা দা, বেলচা, লোহার রড, বাঁশ ও লাঠি দিয়ে পেটাতে থাকে তাদের। একপর্যায়ে সে অচেতন হয়ে পড়ে। পরে চেতনা ফিরে পেয়ে নিজেকে বালুর মাঠে দেখতে পায়। ততক্ষণে চারদিকে শ’ শ’ লোক জড়ো হয়। আল-আমিনের স্বজনরা জানান, আল-আমিনকে দিয়ে পুলিশ জোর করে মিথ্যা কথা বলাচ্ছে। ওকে ঠিকমতো চিকিৎসা না দিয়ে জেলখানায় পাঠিয়ে দেয়া হয়েছে।
দারুস সালাম থানাধীন ২/২ নম্বর বাড়িতে শোক বইছিল। বড় ছেলে কামরুজ্জামান কান্তকে হারিয়ে গাড়িচালক পিতা আবদুল কাদের সুরুজ বুক চাপড়ে বলছেন, আমার ছেলে ওদের কাছে প্রাণভিক্ষা চেয়েছিল। দু’হাত জোড় করে বলেছিল আমাকে মাইরেন না। আমার বাবারে আপনেরা চিনবেন। আমি ড্রাইভারের ছেলে। এ কথা শুনে ওরা আমার ছেলের দুই হাত কেটে নেয়। এরপর শরীরের বিভিন্ন জায়গায় কুপিয়ে হত্যা করে। তিনি বলেন, ঘটনার পরপরই আমি জানতে পেরেছি, ওরা গণপিটুনিতে মরেনি। মাদক ব্যবসায়ীরা ওদের ইনফর্মার (সোর্স) মনে করেছিল। পরে একযোগে তাদের পিটিয়ে হত্যা করে। ঘটনার সময় সিভিল পোশাকে একজন পুলিশ সদস্যও ছিল। তার পরামর্শেই আল-আমিনকে বাঁচিয়ে রাখা হয়েছে। পরে তাদের লাশ নিয়ে কেবলার চরে ফেলে রাখে। কয়েকজনকে আধমরা করে ধরে রাখে। তাদের ঘিরে ‘ডাকাত ডাকাত’ বলে চিৎকার শুরু করে। মোবাইল ফোনে জানায় ডাকাত ধরেছে। মাইকে মিথ্যা ঘোষণা দেয়া হয়। পরে লোকজন জড়ো করে আধমরা বাকি ২-৩ জনকে দ্বিতীয় দফায় পিটিয়ে হত্যা করে। তিনি বলেন, যে লোক ৫ হাজার টাকা ডাকাতির কথা বলেছে, ওই লোক মাদক সিন্ডিকেটের সদস্য। ওই এলাকায় কোটি কোটি টাকার মাদক চালানের লেনদেন হয়। পুলিশ পাহারায় মাদক ব্যবসা চলে। সাভার থানা পুলিশের যোগসাজশেই প্রতিদিন কোটি কোটি টাকার মাদক কেনাবেচা হয়। কান্ত’র স্বজনরা জানান, হামলাকারীরা কান্ত’র পিতাকে চিনতে পেরেছিল। এ কারণে ওকেই আগে হত্যা করেছে। ওর পুরুষাঙ্গ কেটে বিচ্ছিন্ন করে দিয়েছে। এদিকে শ্যামলী পিসি কালচার হাউজিং সোসাইটির ৬ নম্বর রোডের ১৪৫/ক নম্বর বাড়ির চার তলায় পরিবারের সঙ্গে থাকতো ছোট ছেলে শেখ মো. টিপু সুলতান। সকালে ওই ভবনের সামনে দেখা যায় পুলিশ পাহারা বসিয়েছে। বাসার সিঁড়িতে প্রবেশ করতেই কান্নার আওয়াজ কানে আসে। দরজায় নক করার সঙ্গে সঙ্গে দৌড়ে এসে সামনে দাঁড়িয়ে থাকেন এক বৃদ্ধ। কিছু না বলে কেবল ফ্যাল ফ্যাল করে তাকিয়ে থাকেন। এটি কি পলাশের বাসা? এমন প্রশ্ন করার সঙ্গে সঙ্গে তিনি হাউমাউ করে কেঁদে ওঠেন। কান্নার শব্দ পেয়ে টিপুর বড় ভাই শেখ ফরিদ উদ্দিন বাবাকে বাসার মধ্যে জোর করে নিয়ে যান। তিনি প্রতিবেদককে বলেন, টিপুর জন্য সারারাত বিলাপ করেছেন বাবা ও মা। মা নাজমা রশিদ ঘুমের মধ্যে চিৎকার করে উঠেছেন টিপুর জন্য। নাজমা রশিদ কান্নাজড়িত কণ্ঠে বলেন, ফজরের নামাজ পড়ে বাসায় ফিরবে বলে টিপু কথা দিয়েছিল। কিন্তু নামাজ শেষ হওয়ার পরও ফিরে আসেনি। বারবার কেন জানি চিন্তা হচ্ছিল। এ কারণে ওর মোবাইলে ফোন দেই। কিন্তু রিং হলেও সে ফোন কেউ ধরেনি। বারবার ফোন দেয়ার এক পর্যায়ে কেউ একজন ধরে বলে, ৬ জন ডাকাত মারা পড়েছে। ওর মধ্যে আপনার ছেলে থাকতে পারে। টিপুর বড় ভাই ফরিদ বলেন, আজ (গতকাল) টিপুর জন্মদিন ছিল। ঘটা করে জন্মদিন পালন না করলেও ওকে সবাই মিলে সারপ্রাইজ দিতাম। কিন্তু টিপুই তো আমাদের সারপ্রাইজ দিয়ে চলে গেল। মিথ্যা দোষ দিয়ে ওকে পিটিয়ে হত্যা করলো। সোমবার রাতেই টিপুর লাশ আজিমপুর কবর স্থানে দাফন করা হয়। শ্যামলী ১ নম্বর রোডের দু’টি বাসাই পাশাপাশি। ১/৫ নম্বরের ৪ তলায় থাকত ম্যাপললিফ ইন্টারন্যাশনাল স্কুল অ্যান্ড কলেজের শিক্ষার্থী শামস রহিম ওরফে শামাম। ১/৬ নম্বরের একই তলায় থাকতো বিইউবিটি’র শিক্ষার্থী সিতাব জাবির মনিফ। গতকাল ওই দু’টি বাসাই তালাবদ্ধ দেখা যায়। ১/৫ নম্বরের বাসার দারোয়ান আনোয়ার হোসেন বলেন, বংশের একমাত্র সন্তান হয়েও কোন ছেলে যে এত বিনয়ী হয় তার দৃষ্টান্ত ছিল শামাম। ১৪ বছর ধরে ওই বাসায় তারা ভাড়া থাকলেও কখনও জোর গলার কথা শোনা যায়নি তার। তিনি বলেন, রাত সাড়ে ১২টার দিকে আমাকে বলে, চাচা মিরপুর যাচ্ছি। গেইট খোলা রাখেন। আমি তাড়াতাড়ি ফিরবো। পাশের ১/৬ নম্বর বাড়ির সিতাব জাবির মনিফের বাসাতেও তালা দেখা যায়। বাড়ির কর্ত্রী ফরিদা ইয়াসমিন বলেন, সিতাবের বাবা প্রায় ১৪ বছর আগে মারা গেছে। রেখে গেছে একমাত্র ছেলে সিতাব ও এক মেয়েকে। মা শাহনাজ পারভীন ওই সন্তানকে মানুষ করার জন্যই ঢাকায় ছিলেন। এখন তিনি একমাত্র ছেলেকে হারিয়ে পাগলপ্রায়। বিবিএ পাস করে সংসারের হাল ধরার কথা ছিল তার। কিন্তু সে আশা পূরণের আগেই তার এমন করুণ মৃত্যু হলো। এদিকে সরকারি বাংলা কলেজের পদার্থ বিজ্ঞান বিভাগের ছাত্র পলাশের বাড়িতে ঢুকতেই চোখে পড়ে ছেলের ছবি বুকে নিয়ে মা ও ভাই-বোন ক্রন্দনরত। এর আগে সন্তানের লাশ নিয়ে পিতা মুজিবুর রহমান মাদারীপুরের গ্রামের বাড়িতে যান।

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>[/বাংলা]

Daily Manobzamin (http://www.mzamin.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14662:2011-07-19-16-38-11&catid=48:2010-08-31-09-43-22&Itemid=82)

lamisa
July 20, 2011, 10:11 AM
majhe majhe mone hoy je ei deshe eto disaster hoy, we really deserve this. bunch of barbaric people. what's wrong with people here? etto violent, maramari, katakati.

roman
July 20, 2011, 10:14 AM
majhe majhe mone hoy je ei deshe eto disaster hoy, we really deserve this. bunch of barbaric people. what's wrong with people here? etto violent, maramari, katakati.

kintu disaster e niriho manush rai more. Dukkho ta lage oi khanei...

bujhee kom
July 20, 2011, 09:19 PM
Thank you dear Banglatiger84 bhai for the link....I got to see the picture of those most unfortunate 6 young battered/dead bodies. It clearly shows all of their hands were broken, they are all broken and coming out through the skin envelope, literally the attackers broke all of their bones, hands and legs and knees...then one of them kids or I don't know how many more's genitals were severed/seperated according to the news in one of the clips above.

Here this picture is showing an abnormal cruelty, screw human and inhuman and all that..it is beyond all those....this is not just violence and mob beating but rather an extreme perverse and act without any conscience. In the United States we have serial killers, one killer quietly kills many victims...and in my country in Bangladesh I have perverse, ritualistic, beyond cruelty of any known world of any known time MASS killing by groups of people on the holy Shobe Barat night...that is a beautiful sand perfect shameless picture of the law and order, the incompetent government, the corrupt moralless law enforcement agencies, the corrupt court system of my home!

I know there is nothing good in our political leaders, in our political parties or the system, but I even lost whatever tid bit of hope for BD humanity I had in my heart since the Pilkhana BDR massacre! What was done to those murdered slain Army officers bodies after they were slaughtered??? Cut up, Mutaled, burnt, disfigured, dumped in manholes....look at the sheer rage, hate, lack of any any compassion for another human being, another flesh and blood that also hurts, bleeds and pains just like I do....We have indeed turned into a people with NO souls! And it is not alarming yet? No worries? Look at us!

bujhee kom
July 20, 2011, 09:32 PM
Lots of mixed emotions are running through my mind right now...Thinking many things...These boys went on to score some weed on a Shob-e Borat night...they all lived near to each other, they came from different social background...but they were friends, they were neighbourhood friends, they probably always hung out together after school....Looks like they proabably told their folks that they are praying all night at some Masjid or something of that sort.....this is by means a doomsday analysis, you know what I mean, I am not judging them for some weed factor on a holy night, they were innocent mischievers, they made mistakes, they paid for it with their lives in most brutal way, Allah took them back to his realm, they are after all in a better place, may Allah bless their souls, may Allah give the families some kind of strength to carry on and persue Justice, and I mean on Earth, And may Allah give the merderers repeat, constant, never ending bad dreams, nightmares of what they did over and oevr again until they die and thereafter! May Allah never forgive our sins!

PoorFan
July 21, 2011, 12:47 AM
<FIELDSET>

Police role in question

Only survivor tells The Daily Star about the fateful night

</FIELDSET>
http://www.thedailystar.net/photo/2011/07/21/2011-07-21__ftmt01.jpg (http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/photo_gallery.php?pid=195056)<SMALL class=fixedcap>L-R: The wounds on sole survivor Al Amin's body. Residents of Darussalam area in the city's Mirpur bring out a protest procession on Mirpur Road yesterday demanding exemplary punishment to those responsible for beating dead six students in Keblarchar of Bardeshi village at Aminbazar on Monday. Photo: STAR</SMALL>Kailash Sarkar and Shaheen Mollah
Al Amin, the lone survivor of Aminbazar mob beating early Monday, told yesterday how he saved his life and that plainclothes police just watched his friends get killed from a couple of yards away.
Traumatised and with injuries all over his body, 17-year-old Al Amin is now at home after he obtained bail on Tuesday in a robbery case filed by Savar police after the dreadful incident. A mob beat to death six students on the night of Shab-e-Barat suspecting them to be robbers.
Since the incident, police has been insisting that the students were out on Keblarchar to rob villagers.
According to Al Amin, on the fateful night he, his friends Towhidur Rahman Palash and Kamruzzaman Kanto offered prayers at Darussalam Furfura Sharif Mosque and met Shams Rahim Shamam, Ibrahim Khalil, Tipu Sultan and Sitaf Jabi Munif when they came to the main road for a walk.
The seven decided to have tehari at Gabtoli and took two rickshaws. Reaching there they changed their mind and decided to spend the night roaming the area and have some fun. So they crossed Gabtoli bridge on foot and went along the Turag river up to Keblarchar.
“We split into two groups and sat by the river. Palash, Kanto and I were together while Shamam, Tipu, Ibrahim and Munif were about 200 yards away. Suddenly, we three heard the other four screaming for help. We thought they were attacked by muggers or robbers.
“We rushed for their help but found hundreds of villagers beating them indiscriminately while about 50 others were coming to attack us calling us robbers,” Al Amin continued.
“We tried to tell them that we were students, not robbers and have come from Darussalam area. But by then, several people swooped on and started beating us up. I heard the assaulting villagers say they had already killed four of us.
“Scared of death, I grabbed the legs of an elderly man and begged for my life but he kept hitting me. Then I spotted plainclothes policemen with shotguns standing there and watching the mob go crazy. I begged them to save my life.”
A policeman then stopped the attackers, he said.
“All of your friends are dead and so will you soon unless you agree to say whatever we want you to say,” said Al Amin quoting the “saviour” policeman as saying.
The policeman asked him to admit that the students had robbed a sand trading post and taken away Tk 5,000. Al Amin agreed. He was then sent to a hospital under police arrangement.
Earlier, police and villagers claimed that there were 14 to 15 “robbers” and the rest of them got away by an engine boat. Police also claimed to have recovered six sharp weapons from the spot.
But Al Amin dismissed the claims saying that there is no question of carrying sharp weapons as they were there just to have fun. He believes that the villagers brought the weapons as the bodies of the six students killed in the incident bore injury marks from sharp weapons.
Al Amin, eldest of two brothers and a sister, supplies fruit juice to shops to help his family.
His father Khabir Bapari, who used to drive a CNG-run-auto rickshaw, told the daily star that he can only afford to admit his son to a hospital but is in no position to bear the cost of the treatment. Moreover, the family is afraid to take him to a hospital since police are against them.

Daily Star (http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=195056)

PoorFan
July 21, 2011, 12:50 AM
[বাংলা]<TABLE class=contentpaneopen><TBODY><TR><TD class=contentheading width="100%">আল-আমিনের জবানি: ১০ মিনিটেই ৪ জনকে হত্যা </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=contentpaneopen><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>বৃহস্পতিবার, ২১ জুলাই ২০১১
স্টাফ রিপোর্টার: ১০ মিনিটের মধ্যেই চাপাতি দিয়ে কুপিয়ে ও পাথর দিয়ে থেঁতলিয়ে শামাম, টিপু, ইব্রাহিম ও মুনিফকে হত্যা করে ওরা। মৃত্যুর আগে শুধু ওদের মুখের ‘মা গো, বাবা গো’ চিৎকার শুনেছিলাম। পরের আধ ঘণ্টায় কান্ত ও পলাশকে সাপ পেটানোর মতো পিটিয়ে হত্যা করে। পাথর দিয়ে মাথা থেঁতলিয়ে ও ছুরি দিয়ে রগ কেটে মৃত্যু নিশ্চিত করে। ৭ সঙ্গীর একমাত্র জীবিত আল-আমিন ডাকাতির মামলা থেকে জামিনে ছাড়া পেয়ে গতকাল সাংবাদিকদের কাছে ৬ শিক্ষার্থীর মৃত্যুর আগ মুহূর্তের ছটফটানি ও প্রাণভিক্ষার করুণ আর্তনাদের কাহিনী বর্ণনা করেছে। সারা শরীরে নির্যাতনের ক্ষত নিয়ে সে বলে, চারজনকে একটি টংঘরে রেখে আমিসহ তিনজন একটু দূরে নদীর তীরে যাই। কিছুক্ষণ পরেই চার সঙ্গীর ‘মা গো, বাবা গো’ চিৎকার শুনতে পাই। ওদের আর্তনাদ শুনেই আমরা ভড়কে যাই। ছিনতাইকারী ধরেছে ভেবে নিজেদের মোবাইল ও টাকা-পয়সা লুকানোর চেষ্টা করি। ততক্ষণে ১৫-১৬ জন অপরিচিত যুবক ইব্রাহিম, কান্ত ও আমাকে ঘিরে ফেলে। সবার হাতেই ছিল রাম দা, চাপাতি, লাঠি ও রড। এদের একজনের হাতে ছিল শটগান ও কোমরে পিস্তল। প্রশ্ন করে- তোরা কারা? জবাব দিই- আমরা ছাত্র। দারুস সালাম থেকে ঘুরতে এসেছি। তোরা ছাত্র না, বল তোরা ডাকাত- এমন নির্দেশ দেয়ার সঙ্গে সঙ্গে পেছন দিক থেকে একজন আমার মাথায় লাঠি দিয়ে আঘাত করে বসে। আরও একজন চাপাতি দিয়ে কোপ দেয়। ওই কোপ ঠেকানোর চেষ্টা করে পলাশ। তখন ওরা হুঙ্কার দিয়ে বলে, ওই শালারে আগে শেষ কর। সবাই তখন হামলে পড়ে তার ওপর। কেউ রড দিয়ে আঘাত করে, কেউ চাপাতি দিয়ে কোপাতে থাকে। ততক্ষণে কান্তকেও ওরা রক্তাক্ত করেছে। কান্ত ওদের পা জড়িয়ে ধরে প্রাণভিক্ষা চেয়েছিল। বলেছিল, আমার বাবা সুরুজ ড্রাইভার। সবাই চিনবেন। আমরা ডাকাত না। আমরা নামাজ পড়ে ঘুরতে এসেছি। ওর কথা শেষ না হতেই বড় পাথর দিয়ে ওর মাথা থেঁতলে দেয়। দাঁত ভেঙে দেয়। অচেতন হয়ে পড়ে গেলে উপর্যুপরি কোপাতে থাকে। এক পর্যায়ে দু’জন দুই পা ধরে দু’দিকে টানটান করে ধরে রাখে। অন্যরা ওর নিম্নাঙ্গে পাথর দিয়ে থেঁতলাতে থাকে। গতকাল দুপুরে দারুস সালাম থানাধীন ৪ নম্বর বাড়ির দোতলার ভাড়া বাসায় বসে আল-আমিন যখন হত্যাকাণ্ডের ওই বর্ণনা দিচ্ছিল তখন চারদিকে নানা বয়সের লোকজন ডুকরে ডুকরে কেঁদে উঠছিল। এর আগে মঙ্গলবার সন্ধ্যায় আল-আমিন ডাকাতির মামলার আসামি হিসেবে আদালতের মাধ্যমে জামিন নেয়। হামলাকারীরা তার মাথা ফাটিয়েছে, হাতের দু’টি আঙুল ভেঙে দিয়েছে। এ ছাড়া তার পিঠসহ সারা শরীরে অর্ধশতাধিক চাপাতির কোপ ও ছুরিকাঘাতের চিহ্ন রয়েছে। আল-আমিন বলে, আমি একজনের কোপ খেয়ে অন্যজনের পা ধরে কেঁদেছি। সে-ও কোপ দিলে আরেকজনের কাছে প্রাণভিক্ষা চেয়েছি। বারবার বলেছি, আমরা কোন অন্যায় কাজে আসিনি। সবাই কলেজের ছাত্র। কিন্তু ওরা কোন কথা শোনেনি। শুধু বারবার বলেছে, ‘মাইরা ফালা’ মাইরা ফালা’। এভাবে প্রায় আধ ঘণ্টা ধরে বিভিন্নজনের পিটুনি খাওয়ার পর শটগানধারী এক ব্যক্তি ও একজন মুরব্বি গোছের মানুষের হস্তক্ষেপে আমি ছাড়া পাই। তখন আমার মাথাসহ সারা শরীর দিয়ে রক্ত ঝরছে।
যেভাবে আমিন বাজারে গিয়েছিল ৭ বন্ধু: আল-আমিন বলে, দারুস সালাম ফুরফুরা মসজিদে নামাজ পড়ে রাত ১২টার দিকে কান্তর সঙ্গে আমি দারুস সালাম রাস্তায় যাই। সেখানে যাওয়ার পর পলাশ, ইব্রাহিমসহ কয়েকজনের সঙ্গে দেখা হয়। আমাদের দু’জনকে দেখেই ওরা বলে ওঠে, তোদের নেয়া যাবে না। তোরা শুধু ফাজলামো করিস। কোন দুষ্টুমি করবে না- এমন কথা দিয়ে ওদের সঙ্গে রিকশায় উঠি। এক রিকশায় তিনজন ও আরেক রিকশায় ৪জন চড়ে রওনা দেই। প্রতি রিকশার ভাড়া ঠিক করেছিলাম ৪০ টাকা করে। পরে আরও ১০ টাকা বেশি ভাড়া দিয়ে গাবতলী পৌঁছে রিকশা ছেড়ে দেই। সবাই ক্ষুধার্ত ছিলাম। তাই গাবতলীর হোটেল থেকে বিরিয়ানি কেনার জন্য কিছুক্ষণ ঘোরাঘুরি করি। পরে ফেরার পথে খাবার খাবো বলে একপর্যায়ে তা না কিনেই পর্বত সিনেমা হল পার হয়ে গাবতলী ব্রিজ দিয়ে হাঁটতে থাকি। হেঁটে হেঁটে আমিন বাজার পুরান ব্রিজের কাছে যাই। সেখানে যাওয়ার সঙ্গে সঙ্গে বৃষ্টি শুরু হয়। আশ্রয় নেই একটি টংঘরে। সেখানে শামাম, টিপু, পলাশ ও মুনিফ মোবাইলে গান শুনতে থাকে। তখন ওদের রেখে আমি, ইব্রাহিম ও কান্ত নদীর দিকে যাই। কিছু দূরে গিয়ে সিগারেট ধরিয়ে টানতে থাকি। এর ১০-১২ মিনিটের মধ্যেই ‘মা গো বাবা গো’ চিৎকার শুনি। তখন মনে করেছি ওদের ছিনতাইকারী ধরেছে। আমরাও মোবাইল ও টাকা পয়সা লুকানোর চেষ্টা করি। ততক্ষণে ৩/৪টি টর্চ জ্বালিয়ে ১০-১৫ জন যুবক আমাদের ঘিরে ফেলে। ওদের বয়স ১৬-২২ বছরের মধ্যে হবে। সবার হাতেই নানা ধরনের অস্ত্র ছিল। আমাদের পেটাতে পেটাতে ওদের কাছে নিয়ে যায়। ওই সময় কান্ত ও ইব্রাহিমকে মৃত মনে হয়েছে। ওদের টেনেহিঁচড়ে বালুর মধ্যে ফেলে দেয়। আমার সামনেই ইব্রাহিম ওদের কাছে পানি চেয়েছিল। তখন একজন বলে ওঠে, শালা এখনও মরেনি। এ কথা বলেই বড় পাথর দিয়ে মুখ ও মাথা থেঁতলে দিয়ে মৃত্যু নিশ্চিত করে। আল-আমিন কান্নাজড়িত কণ্ঠে বলে ওঠে, অচেতন ও রক্তাক্ত চারজনের মধ্যে শামাম শেষ মুহূর্তে বড় করে শ্বাস নিয়েছিল। ওই শ্বাস গ্রহণের শব্দ পেয়ে ওরা দ্বিতীয় দফায় পেটাতে থাকে। একে একে সবার হাত ও পায়ের রগ কেটে দেয়। সে আরও বলে, কান্ত ওদের উপর্যুপরি কোপ খেয়েও দৌড় দিয়ে পালানোর চেষ্টা করেছিল। কিস্তু পারেনি। এ সময় ধীরে ধীরে লোকজন বাড়তে থাকে। আমাকে চারজন পুলিশ ধরে পিকআপে তোলে। আমি তখন পুলিশকে ‘আঙ্কেল’ বলে ডাক দেই। আকুতি করে বলি, আঙ্কেল একটু হেল্প করেন। আমি বাঁচবো না মারা যাব বুঝতে পারছি না। শুধু আমার আব্বার মোবাইলে একটু ফোন করেন। তখন ওই পুলিশ বলে ওঠে, কুত্তার বাচ্চা এত কথা বলিস কেন। ৬ জন যেভাবে গেছে, তোকেও কিন্তু সেভাবে পাঠাবো। বাঁচার একটাই পথ আছে। যেভাবে বলবো সেভাবেই বলবি। তোরা ঘুরতে যাসনি। গিয়েছিলি ডাকাতি করতে। আমি তখন মেনে নেই। এরপর অচেতন হয়ে পড়ি। পরে হাসপাতালে চেতনা ফিরে আসে।
যেখানে হত্যা করা হয়েছে: আল-আমিন বলে, চারজনকে হত্যা করেছে পুরান ব্রিজ সংলগ্ন টংঘরের আশপাশেই। দু’জনকে হত্যা করেছে নদীর তীরে। পরে তাদের ‘ডাকাত ডাকাত’ চিৎকার ও মাইকিং করার আগেই লাশগুলো টেনেহিঁচড়ে বিভিন্ন জায়গায় নিয়ে যায়। পরে জড়ো হওয়া লোকজন মৃত লাশগুলোর ওপর দ্বিতীয় দফায় পিটিয়েছে। একপর্যায়ে এলাকার মুরব্বিরা আসার পর ওই ১৫-২০ জনের ঘাতক দল তাদের অস্ত্র লুকিয়ে সরে পড়েছে।

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>[/বাংলা]

Daily Manobzamin (http://www.mzamin.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14747:2011-07-20-16-12-05&catid=48:2010-08-31-09-43-22&Itemid=82)

Banglatiger84
July 21, 2011, 01:09 AM
A very enlightened comment found in Dailystar

RumoN
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 10:20 AM GMT+06:00 (2 days ago)

It is ridiculous to mistake general people as robbers, but it is quite dangerous to mistake robbers as general people. In this country, good people do not enjoy right of living, why should some robbers? It was the duty of the villagers to take action to protect themselves from a probable robbery.

thebest
July 21, 2011, 02:13 AM
every death like this is deplorable. But should not we ask why mob lynch? Police started to tell us 'the deceased' were dacoit's and now filed case againest the villagers. But truth must be told why the villagers formed vigilance team at night; why they are doing the jobs of police. If you want to file case the accused should be IGP, DC (Police), ADC (Savar) and so on. Their neglignece on duty bring this death and they should be sued and remove from the post

Naimul_Hd
July 21, 2011, 03:50 AM
[বাংলা]<table class="contentpaneopen"><tbody><tr><td class="contentheading" width="100%">আল-আমিনের জবানি: ১০ মিনিটেই ৪ জনকে হত্যা </td></tr></tbody></table><table class="contentpaneopen"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">বৃহস্পতিবার, ২১ জুলাই ২০১১
স্টাফ রিপোর্টার: ১০ মিনিটের মধ্যেই চাপাতি দিয়ে কুপিয়ে ও পাথর দিয়ে থেঁতলিয়ে শামাম, টিপু, ইব্রাহিম ও মুনিফকে হত্যা করে ওরা। মৃত্যুর আগে শুধু ওদের মুখের ‘মা গো, বাবা গো’ চিৎকার শুনেছিলাম। পরের আধ ঘণ্টায় কান্ত ও পলাশকে সাপ পেটানোর মতো পিটিয়ে হত্যা করে। পাথর দিয়ে মাথা থেঁতলিয়ে ও ছুরি দিয়ে রগ কেটে মৃত্যু নিশ্চিত করে। ৭ সঙ্গীর একমাত্র জীবিত আল-আমিন ডাকাতির মামলা থেকে জামিনে ছাড়া পেয়ে গতকাল সাংবাদিকদের কাছে ৬ শিক্ষার্থীর মৃত্যুর আগ মুহূর্তের ছটফটানি ও প্রাণভিক্ষার করুণ আর্তনাদের কাহিনী বর্ণনা করেছে। সারা শরীরে নির্যাতনের ক্ষত নিয়ে সে বলে, চারজনকে একটি টংঘরে রেখে আমিসহ তিনজন একটু দূরে নদীর তীরে যাই। কিছুক্ষণ পরেই চার সঙ্গীর ‘মা গো, বাবা গো’ চিৎকার শুনতে পাই। ওদের আর্তনাদ শুনেই আমরা ভড়কে যাই। ছিনতাইকারী ধরেছে ভেবে নিজেদের মোবাইল ও টাকা-পয়সা লুকানোর চেষ্টা করি। ততক্ষণে ১৫-১৬ জন অপরিচিত যুবক ইব্রাহিম, কান্ত ও আমাকে ঘিরে ফেলে। সবার হাতেই ছিল রাম দা, চাপাতি, লাঠি ও রড। এদের একজনের হাতে ছিল শটগান ও কোমরে পিস্তল। প্রশ্ন করে- তোরা কারা? জবাব দিই- আমরা ছাত্র। দারুস সালাম থেকে ঘুরতে এসেছি। তোরা ছাত্র না, বল তোরা ডাকাত- এমন নির্দেশ দেয়ার সঙ্গে সঙ্গে পেছন দিক থেকে একজন আমার মাথায় লাঠি দিয়ে আঘাত করে বসে। আরও একজন চাপাতি দিয়ে কোপ দেয়। ওই কোপ ঠেকানোর চেষ্টা করে পলাশ। তখন ওরা হুঙ্কার দিয়ে বলে, ওই শালারে আগে শেষ কর। সবাই তখন হামলে পড়ে তার ওপর। কেউ রড দিয়ে আঘাত করে, কেউ চাপাতি দিয়ে কোপাতে থাকে। ততক্ষণে কান্তকেও ওরা রক্তাক্ত করেছে। কান্ত ওদের পা জড়িয়ে ধরে প্রাণভিক্ষা চেয়েছিল। বলেছিল, আমার বাবা সুরুজ ড্রাইভার। সবাই চিনবেন। আমরা ডাকাত না। আমরা নামাজ পড়ে ঘুরতে এসেছি। ওর কথা শেষ না হতেই বড় পাথর দিয়ে ওর মাথা থেঁতলে দেয়। দাঁত ভেঙে দেয়। অচেতন হয়ে পড়ে গেলে উপর্যুপরি কোপাতে থাকে। এক পর্যায়ে দু’জন দুই পা ধরে দু’দিকে টানটান করে ধরে রাখে। অন্যরা ওর নিম্নাঙ্গে পাথর দিয়ে থেঁতলাতে থাকে। গতকাল দুপুরে দারুস সালাম থানাধীন ৪ নম্বর বাড়ির দোতলার ভাড়া বাসায় বসে আল-আমিন যখন হত্যাকাণ্ডের ওই বর্ণনা দিচ্ছিল তখন চারদিকে নানা বয়সের লোকজন ডুকরে ডুকরে কেঁদে উঠছিল। এর আগে মঙ্গলবার সন্ধ্যায় আল-আমিন ডাকাতির মামলার আসামি হিসেবে আদালতের মাধ্যমে জামিন নেয়। হামলাকারীরা তার মাথা ফাটিয়েছে, হাতের দু’টি আঙুল ভেঙে দিয়েছে। এ ছাড়া তার পিঠসহ সারা শরীরে অর্ধশতাধিক চাপাতির কোপ ও ছুরিকাঘাতের চিহ্ন রয়েছে। আল-আমিন বলে, আমি একজনের কোপ খেয়ে অন্যজনের পা ধরে কেঁদেছি। সে-ও কোপ দিলে আরেকজনের কাছে প্রাণভিক্ষা চেয়েছি। বারবার বলেছি, আমরা কোন অন্যায় কাজে আসিনি। সবাই কলেজের ছাত্র। কিন্তু ওরা কোন কথা শোনেনি। শুধু বারবার বলেছে, ‘মাইরা ফালা’ মাইরা ফালা’। এভাবে প্রায় আধ ঘণ্টা ধরে বিভিন্নজনের পিটুনি খাওয়ার পর শটগানধারী এক ব্যক্তি ও একজন মুরব্বি গোছের মানুষের হস্তক্ষেপে আমি ছাড়া পাই। তখন আমার মাথাসহ সারা শরীর দিয়ে রক্ত ঝরছে।
যেভাবে আমিন বাজারে গিয়েছিল ৭ বন্ধু: আল-আমিন বলে, দারুস সালাম ফুরফুরা মসজিদে নামাজ পড়ে রাত ১২টার দিকে কান্তর সঙ্গে আমি দারুস সালাম রাস্তায় যাই। সেখানে যাওয়ার পর পলাশ, ইব্রাহিমসহ কয়েকজনের সঙ্গে দেখা হয়। আমাদের দু’জনকে দেখেই ওরা বলে ওঠে, তোদের নেয়া যাবে না। তোরা শুধু ফাজলামো করিস। কোন দুষ্টুমি করবে না- এমন কথা দিয়ে ওদের সঙ্গে রিকশায় উঠি। এক রিকশায় তিনজন ও আরেক রিকশায় ৪জন চড়ে রওনা দেই। প্রতি রিকশার ভাড়া ঠিক করেছিলাম ৪০ টাকা করে। পরে আরও ১০ টাকা বেশি ভাড়া দিয়ে গাবতলী পৌঁছে রিকশা ছেড়ে দেই। সবাই ক্ষুধার্ত ছিলাম। তাই গাবতলীর হোটেল থেকে বিরিয়ানি কেনার জন্য কিছুক্ষণ ঘোরাঘুরি করি। পরে ফেরার পথে খাবার খাবো বলে একপর্যায়ে তা না কিনেই পর্বত সিনেমা হল পার হয়ে গাবতলী ব্রিজ দিয়ে হাঁটতে থাকি। হেঁটে হেঁটে আমিন বাজার পুরান ব্রিজের কাছে যাই। সেখানে যাওয়ার সঙ্গে সঙ্গে বৃষ্টি শুরু হয়। আশ্রয় নেই একটি টংঘরে। সেখানে শামাম, টিপু, পলাশ ও মুনিফ মোবাইলে গান শুনতে থাকে। তখন ওদের রেখে আমি, ইব্রাহিম ও কান্ত নদীর দিকে যাই। কিছু দূরে গিয়ে সিগারেট ধরিয়ে টানতে থাকি। এর ১০-১২ মিনিটের মধ্যেই ‘মা গো বাবা গো’ চিৎকার শুনি। তখন মনে করেছি ওদের ছিনতাইকারী ধরেছে। আমরাও মোবাইল ও টাকা পয়সা লুকানোর চেষ্টা করি। ততক্ষণে ৩/৪টি টর্চ জ্বালিয়ে ১০-১৫ জন যুবক আমাদের ঘিরে ফেলে। ওদের বয়স ১৬-২২ বছরের মধ্যে হবে। সবার হাতেই নানা ধরনের অস্ত্র ছিল। আমাদের পেটাতে পেটাতে ওদের কাছে নিয়ে যায়। ওই সময় কান্ত ও ইব্রাহিমকে মৃত মনে হয়েছে। ওদের টেনেহিঁচড়ে বালুর মধ্যে ফেলে দেয়। আমার সামনেই ইব্রাহিম ওদের কাছে পানি চেয়েছিল। তখন একজন বলে ওঠে, শালা এখনও মরেনি। এ কথা বলেই বড় পাথর দিয়ে মুখ ও মাথা থেঁতলে দিয়ে মৃত্যু নিশ্চিত করে। আল-আমিন কান্নাজড়িত কণ্ঠে বলে ওঠে, অচেতন ও রক্তাক্ত চারজনের মধ্যে শামাম শেষ মুহূর্তে বড় করে শ্বাস নিয়েছিল। ওই শ্বাস গ্রহণের শব্দ পেয়ে ওরা দ্বিতীয় দফায় পেটাতে থাকে। একে একে সবার হাত ও পায়ের রগ কেটে দেয়। সে আরও বলে, কান্ত ওদের উপর্যুপরি কোপ খেয়েও দৌড় দিয়ে পালানোর চেষ্টা করেছিল। কিস্তু পারেনি। এ সময় ধীরে ধীরে লোকজন বাড়তে থাকে। আমাকে চারজন পুলিশ ধরে পিকআপে তোলে। আমি তখন পুলিশকে ‘আঙ্কেল’ বলে ডাক দেই। আকুতি করে বলি, আঙ্কেল একটু হেল্প করেন। আমি বাঁচবো না মারা যাব বুঝতে পারছি না। শুধু আমার আব্বার মোবাইলে একটু ফোন করেন। তখন ওই পুলিশ বলে ওঠে, কুত্তার বাচ্চা এত কথা বলিস কেন। ৬ জন যেভাবে গেছে, তোকেও কিন্তু সেভাবে পাঠাবো। বাঁচার একটাই পথ আছে। যেভাবে বলবো সেভাবেই বলবি। তোরা ঘুরতে যাসনি। গিয়েছিলি ডাকাতি করতে। আমি তখন মেনে নেই। এরপর অচেতন হয়ে পড়ি। পরে হাসপাতালে চেতনা ফিরে আসে।
যেখানে হত্যা করা হয়েছে: আল-আমিন বলে, চারজনকে হত্যা করেছে পুরান ব্রিজ সংলগ্ন টংঘরের আশপাশেই। দু’জনকে হত্যা করেছে নদীর তীরে। পরে তাদের ‘ডাকাত ডাকাত’ চিৎকার ও মাইকিং করার আগেই লাশগুলো টেনেহিঁচড়ে বিভিন্ন জায়গায় নিয়ে যায়। পরে জড়ো হওয়া লোকজন মৃত লাশগুলোর ওপর দ্বিতীয় দফায় পিটিয়েছে। একপর্যায়ে এলাকার মুরব্বিরা আসার পর ওই ১৫-২০ জনের ঘাতক দল তাদের অস্ত্র লুকিয়ে সরে পড়েছে।

</td></tr></tbody></table>[/বাংলা]

daily manobzamin (http://www.mzamin.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14747:2011-07-20-16-12-05&catid=48:2010-08-31-09-43-22&itemid=82)

[বাংলা]
৪-৫ লাইন পরার পর আর পরতে পারলাম না ! এরা কিভাবে জলজ্যন্ত ২০-২৩ বছরের কিশোরদের এভাবে মারতে পারল। কুরবানি পশুকেও ত মানুষ এত নির্দয়ভাবে মারে না ! [/বাংলা]

Naimul_Hd
July 21, 2011, 03:56 AM
every death like this is deplorable. But should not we ask why mob lynch? Police started to tell us 'the deceased' were dacoit's and now filed case againest the villagers. But truth must be told why the villagers formed vigilance team at night; why they are doing the jobs of police. If you want to file case the accused should be IGP, DC (Police), ADC (Savar) and so on. Their neglignece on duty bring this death and they should be sued and remove from the post

When a group of 15-20 people carries chapati, rod even short gun, you cant call them villagers ! Moreover, killing any man is not "job of police". But haa, Rab kills people without even verifying people's identity.

Tigers_eye
July 21, 2011, 04:41 AM
Innalillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun.
May the souls rest in peace and their family have patience to overcome the immense loss.

PoorFan
July 21, 2011, 05:01 AM
Welcome back Thebest.

Very true, why should villagers have to do the security job instead of police? And surprisingly the victims yet to file cases against law enforcement people, at least I want to see the case including Savar police officers, who filed robbery case against the boys and the one who filed case against 600 villagers. Its clear that none of them investigated anything, didnt gather any evidence rather were busy to make up stories/false cases.

@Naimul, I guess you misread his comment.

PoorFan
July 21, 2011, 05:06 AM
[বাংলা]
৪-৫ লাইন পরার পর আর পরতে পারলাম না ! এরা কিভাবে জলজ্যন্ত ২০-২৩ বছরের কিশোরদের এভাবে মারতে পারল। কুরবানি পশুকেও ত মানুষ এত নির্দয়ভাবে মারে না ! [/বাংলা]
Yeah, me too cant just get over this beastly deeds, yet we have to read and learn why and how that happend.

PoorFan
July 21, 2011, 05:25 AM
A very enlightened comment found in Dailystar

RumoN
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 10:20 AM GMT+06:00 (2 days ago)

It is ridiculous to mistake general people as robbers, but it is quite dangerous to mistake robbers as general people. In this country, good people do not enjoy right of living, why should some robbers? It was the duty of the villagers to take action to protect themselves from a probable robbery.
Protecting themselves IS ONE thing, but LYNCH to DEATH a BUNCH BOYS ALTOGETHER in a beastly manner, not even tried slightest to recognize robber or not IS BEYOND THIS UNIVERSE. Either that commentator is a kid or has crack in mind, really.

Naimul_Hd
July 21, 2011, 05:34 AM
Welcome back Thebest.

Very true, why should villagers have to do the security job instead of police? And surprisingly the victims yet to file cases against law enforcement people, at least I want to see the case including Savar police officers, who filed robbery case against the boys and the one who filed case against 600 villagers. Its clear that none of them investigated anything, didnt gather any evidence rather were busy to make up stories/false cases.

@Naimul, I guess you misread his comment.

Yeah. I did. My sincere apology.

Banglatiger84
July 23, 2011, 04:47 AM
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=194916

Birthday in tears

His sister bought two T-shirts and was planning to order a cake for his 19th birthday. The family made all the preparations to give him a surprise.
But the home that was supposed to have a birthday party yesterday turned into a home of mourning.

Tipu Sultan, one of the six students beaten to death by a mob early on Monday at Keblarchar in Aminbazar, was only hours away from his 19th birthday.

“We didn't tell him anything, as we wanted to surprise him,” said his sister Anar Koli, a Dhaka University student.

“What am I going to do with these T-shirts?” she said, sobbing.

Tipu's mother Kazi Nazma Sultana has become speechless. She did not say a single word to the journalists who went to their Shyamoli residence yesterday.
“Since Tipu was the youngest [among two brothers and a sister], my mother often fed him with her own hands,” said Sheikh Farid, Tipu's elder brother.
Teachers and several hundred students of Tejgaon College formed a human chain in front of the college protesting the killing of Tipu, a first year student of management department of the college. They called for punishment of his killers.
College Principal Prof Abdur Rashid told The Daily Star that Tipu was an innocent boy.

Tipu's friends from Government Bangla College also formed a human chain and held a rally in front of the college.
“On his birthday, we demand punishment of his killers,” said Sumon Mahmud, his friend from the college.
Tipu had a good singing voice and aspired to release an album, he added.
Bangla College Principal Prof SM Mokfur Hossain said three of his students -- Ibrahim Khalil of accounting department, Towhidur Rahman Palash of physics department and HSC student Kamruzzaman Kanto -- were victims of brutality of the society.

“None of my boys were robbers. They never got involved in any kind of criminal activities,” he said. “We want proper investigation so that the actual fact is unearthed paving the way for justice.”
Meanwhile, Bangladesh University of Business and Technology (BUBT) student Shitab Zabib Munib was buried at his ancestral village Moklespur under Biral upazila of Dinajpur yesterday morning, reports our Dinajpur correspondent.
Hundreds of people, who came to take part in his burial, could not hold back their tears seeing his thrashed body.
“I wouldn't have let my son go for his Shab-e-Barat prayers, had I known he would return dead,” his mother said. “My son was innocent; he has never done anything wrong.”
Meanwhile, villagers of Shanila under Bera upazila of Pabna were thunderstruck after the body of Shams Rahim Shamam, 17, an A level student of Maple Leaf International School, reached on Monday, reports our Pabna correspondent.
He was buried on Monday night.
“Why was my son killed in this way? He was one of the brilliant students in his school and he was not involved in any crimes. I want justice,” his father Aminur Rahim said.