PDA

View Full Version : Norway shooting + blasts: 87+ dead

Electrequiem
July 22, 2011, 11:55 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14259356

I, for one, am incredibly relieved to hear this wasn't associated with Islam. I had my fingers crossed when the news broke and I was desperately hoping that this was not an act of Muslim extremists. Some media outlets even jumped the gun and began to force connections with al-Qaeda and other Islamic fundamentalist groups, but soon recanted their fingerpointing when it became clear that this wasn't their work.

A quote from the a Norwegian Police official: "It seems it’s not Islamic-terror related," the official said. "This seems like a madman’s work." SMH.

Regardless, a tragic and unprecedented day in Norway's history. RIP to the dead, and condolences to their families.

Zeeshan
July 23, 2011, 12:18 AM
My deep condolences for the victims and their families.

Tigers_eye
July 23, 2011, 01:42 AM
Evil. Why target children?

Naimul_Hd
July 23, 2011, 03:14 AM
why every time innocent people have to pay the price ???

roman
July 23, 2011, 03:27 AM
So sad...

goru
July 23, 2011, 04:10 AM
- Christian fundamentalist
- Linked to anti-Islamic groups

New angle for Fox News: Shooting rampages don't just happen in the USA!

Banglaguy
July 23, 2011, 04:44 AM
I saw this now on BBC news... Apparently, it's like a nightmare having to tell the parents of the dead.

Rabz
July 23, 2011, 05:30 AM
Norway of all places !!!
...chiro shantir desh....

Condolences.

Nocturnal
July 23, 2011, 07:06 AM
kono mane hoy ... mon khub kharap :(

riankhan
July 23, 2011, 07:15 AM
My condolences to one of the most peaceful nation in the world.

Alien
July 23, 2011, 07:52 AM
Apparently the killer posted anti-Muslim rants online. I wonder why he killed those people for.

PoorFan
July 23, 2011, 09:08 AM
Sick peoples reasoning never make sense, and the victim wont find any reasoning to make up the loss as well, so sad.

Electrequiem
July 23, 2011, 02:17 PM
http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2011/07/23/nyt

akabir77
July 23, 2011, 02:22 PM
now how r they going to scan them out in the airport?

cricman
July 23, 2011, 05:06 PM
This guy was an Intelligent lunatic, he has a 1500 page memoir online on why he did it. He even has a video posted

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v21123164bZCBQeZ8 - the video

Here are some excerpts from his manifesto

I have been storing three bottles of Château Kirwan 1979 (French red wine) which I purchased at an auction 10 years ago with the intention of enjoying them at a very special occasion. My thought was to save the last flask for my last martyrdom celebration and enjoy it with the two high class model whores I intend to rent prior to the mission.

I have been thinking about my post-operational situation, in case I survive a successful mission and live to stand a multiculturalist trial. When I wake up at the hospital, after surviving the gunshot wounds inflicted on me, I realize at least for me personally, I will be waking up to a world of ****, a living nightmare. Not only will all my friends and family detest me and call me a monster; the united global multiculturalist media will have their hands full figuring out multiple ways to character assassinate, vilify and demonize. They will possibly do everything they can to distort the truth about me, KT and our true objectives, and attempt to make even revolutionary conservatives detest me. They will label me as a racist, fascist, Nazi-monster as they usually do with everyone who opposes multiculturalism/cultural Marxism. However, since I manifest their worst nightmare (systematical and organized executions of multiculturalist traitors), they will probably just give me the full propaganda rape package and propagate the following accusations: pedophile, engaged in incest activities, homosexual, psycho, ADHD, thief, non-educated, inbred, maniac, insane, monster etc. I will be labeled as the biggest (Nazi-)monster ever witnessed since WW2.

I have an extremely strong psyche (stronger than anyone I have ever known) but I am seriously contemplating that it is perhaps biologically impossible to survive the mental, perhaps coupled with physical torture, I will be facing without completely breaking down on a psychological level. I guess I will have to wait and find out.

al Furqaan
July 23, 2011, 05:09 PM
Apparently the killer posted anti-Muslim rants online. I wonder why he killed those people for.

this just proves how totally violent Islam is and that muslims can't be trusted in Western nations like peaceful Norway.

if those islamic scum hadn't pissed this guy off, 94 people would be alive today!

long live Geert Wilders, all hail Ann Coulter, and for the sake of God and country, America get rid of Hussein Obama and lets get the Bachmann-Cain ticket the W for 2012.

cricman
July 23, 2011, 05:22 PM
this just proves how totally violent Islam is and that muslims can't be trusted in Western nations like peaceful Norway.

if those islamic scum hadn't pissed this guy off, 94 people would be alive today!

long live Geert Wilders, all hail Ann Coulter, and for the sake of God and country, America get rid of Hussein Obama and lets get the Bachmann-Cain ticket the W for 2012.

I don't understand why you let these Islamophobes bother you, When it's time to throw bricks back than you throw em back. This isn't the time.

It's as if people want Hardcore extreme right wing terrorist group to emerge that will rival Al Queda, just to make them feel better about themselves.

I saw a picture of a picture of the Lunatic Standing like Duke Nukem, Shotgun on one hand and a semi auto on the other hand, with a kid pleading for his life and to think he did that 80+ times is hard to fathom.

AhmedN
July 23, 2011, 05:33 PM
Feel bad and sad for the loss and the rise of Christian fundamentalism in Europe.

imna
July 23, 2011, 06:59 PM

No 'this' doesn't prove how violent Islam is. Unlike most other cases nowadays, this was not an example of terrorism in the name of Islam.

goru
July 23, 2011, 07:26 PM
No 'this' doesn't prove how violent Islam is. Unlike most other cases nowadays, this was not an example of terrorism in the name of Islam.

Man do I love nubs...

simon
July 23, 2011, 08:11 PM
Allah help the victims family and every one from becoming victims.

imna
July 23, 2011, 08:35 PM
Man do I love nubs...

What is nubs ?

Ashfaq
July 24, 2011, 12:36 AM
LOL, n00b doesn't know what nub is.

Rabz
July 24, 2011, 12:52 AM
This is not a case of a terrorist, this is just an extremist.(!!!)

Ashfaq
July 24, 2011, 01:30 AM
What's the difference? 90+ People are still dead. Ideologies are, rightfully, completely irrelevant here.

al Furqaan
July 24, 2011, 04:17 AM
I don't understand why you let these Islamophobes bother you, When it's time to throw bricks back than you throw em back. This isn't the time.

It's as if people want Hardcore extreme right wing terrorist group to emerge that will rival Al Queda, just to make them feel better about themselves.

I saw a picture of a picture of the Lunatic Standing like Duke Nukem, Shotgun on one hand and a semi auto on the other hand, with a kid pleading for his life and to think he did that 80+ times is hard to fathom.

Sometimes the best way to expose the folly of foolishness is to act like a clown. Hence the immense popularity of a "right-wing idiot" like Stephen Colbert.

In a time when the Land of the Free can have Fourth Reichists like Michelle Bachmann, Herman Cain, and Sarah Palin garner mainstream support, the metaphorical gun is not only firmly planted against our collective temples, but the gun has been cocked, the trigger pulled, the hammer snapped, and the bullet half-way out of the barrel!

With such emminent danger, now is the time to use whatever wit, humor, intelligence, and other passive means is at our disposal to educate the educatable about the dangers posed by the paranoid fear-mongers amongst us.

Alien
July 24, 2011, 04:27 AM
He was deluded. People he killed are the ruling labour party members. He was probably upset with Norwegian governments multicultural policies and hence chose the gathering as his target.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Banglaguy
July 24, 2011, 06:43 AM
Attacker Claims he didn't break the law!

It comes as the suspect accused of Friday's massacre confesses to police that he carried out the killings but says he did not break the law

Source. (http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Norway-Attacks-Suspect-Anders-Behring-Breivik-Confesses-As-Death-Toll-Climbs-To-92/Article/201107416036361?lpos=World_News_Right_Promo_Region _1&lid=ARTICLE_16036361_Norway_Attacks%3A_Suspect_And ers_Behring_Breivik_Confesses_As_Death_Toll_Climbs _To_92)

Banglaguy
July 24, 2011, 06:45 AM
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Norway-Attacks-Suspect-Anders-Behring-Breivik-Confesses-As-Death-Toll-Climbs-To-92/Article/201107416036361?lpos=World_News_Right_Promo_Region _1

Here's a sky news video report.

BanCricFan
July 24, 2011, 02:31 PM
My deepest condolences to the families and friends who have lost their loved ones to this utter madness!

I have spent four of the very best years of my life in Oslo. Used to work and live just 5 and 15 mins walk ,respectively, from the place bombed. Infact, my ex-boss now working for the Ministry of Culture works in that very complex. I sincerely hope she is okay as I couldn't establish any contact with her. All other friends and work colleagues are unharmed...Alhamdulillah.

Out of all the places I could imagine Norway would have been the very last for this sort of hatred, carnage and extremism. This comes as a MASSIVE surprise and almost unbelievable. I squarly put the lion share of blames on the global media empires for poisoning the mind of the impressionables with such kind of hatred. This heinous massacre and, God forbid, any future ones are but direct consequences of the unprecedented level of Islamophobia fostered and propagandised by the elitists through their electronic and printed global media outlets. We must oppose these extremists vehemently with one voice. We are never too far away from the next deadly event which could easily be our-very-own-city!

Electrequiem
July 24, 2011, 06:29 PM
Out of all the places I could imagine Norway would have been the very last for this sort of hatred, carnage and extremism. This comes as a MASSIVE surprise and almost unbelievable. I squarly put the lion share of blames on the global media empires for poisoning the mind of the impressionables with such kind of hatred. This heinous massacre and, God forbid, any future ones are but direct consequences of the unprecedented level of Islamophobia fostered and propagandised by the elitists through their electronic and printed global media outlets. We must oppose these extremists vehemently with one voice. We are never too far away from the next deadly event which could easily be our-very-own-city!

For once, BCF, we see eye to eye. Top post.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

ammark
July 24, 2011, 10:10 PM
Norway’s Horror: Anti-Semitism Becomes Islamophobia

July 24, 2011

by Barry Lando
A few days ago, before the terrifying bloodshed in Norway, I received an email from the U.S. denouncing the alarming rise of anti-Semitism in France: “Will the world say nothing—again—as it did in Hitler’s time?” The author cataloged a list of attacks against Jewish targets in France over the past few months. He called for a boycott of France and French products: “Only the Arab countries are more toxically anti-Semitic and, unlike them, France exports more than just oil and hatred.”

I’ve been getting such emails now for years since I moved to France. In my view, the major reason for the attacks on Jewish targets is political rather than racial. The leadership of the Jewish community in France (which does not represent the majority of French Jews) has been outspoken in supporting the right-wing policies of the current Israeli government.

What has long bothered me about such emails, however, is not just a misreading of the cause, but a tunnel vision on the part of many Jews. There is a total disregard for those other Semites and the rampant growth of anti-Islamic and anti-Arab sentiment in France and across Europe over the past few years. The number of attacks on Arab targets and new legislation relating to the practice of Islam in several European countries would have the world’s Jewish community in full cry if they’d been directed against Jewish targets.

Simultaneously, we have seen the rapid growth of right-wing parties across much of the continent. Those parties in the past often had a strong, explicitly anti-Jewish message. The principal targets now are immigrants, mainly Arabs and Muslims. Those parties are no longer confined to kooks and misfits. Anti-Arab/Muslim sentiments are everywhere, from polite dinner conversation to exchanges in street markets to supposedly harmless jokes relayed on the Internet, like the one I received the day after I got the alert on anti-Semitism in France:Three men, a Frenchman, a Tunisian and an Algerian, find themselves together in a raunchy Parisian bar. They down one beer after another. At one point the Tunisian tosses his empty beer bottle into the air, yells “we’ve got so many empty bottles in Tunis,” pulls out a gun and blasts the bottle apart in midair.

The Algerian also throws his bottle into the air, says “we’ve got so much sand in Algeria, there’s no shortage of glass,” pulls out a gun and shatters the bottle.

The French guy takes a disgusted look at the other two, pulls out a pistol and yells, “we’ve got so goddamn many Arabs in France, I never have to drink with you two creeps again,” and he guns both of them down.
I was still thinking about that the next day when news came of the horrific slaughter in Norway and the gradual disclosures that the suspect was not an bearded Arab terrorist, but a clean-cut white, right-wing terrorist convinced that he was a soldier in the War of Civilizations, defending the Christian West against the threat of Islam

On his site he wrote approvingly (http://warincontext.org/2011/07/23/from-pamela-geller-to-anders-behring-breivik-how-islamophobia-turned-deadly/) of Islamophobic American blogger Pamela Geller, a frequent guest on Fox News, who also raises the banner of the West against Islam. A poster shows a recent event, which she backed, along with Robert Spencer who operates Jihad Watch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jihad_Watch).

People like Geller and Spencer, and right-wing leaders across Europe, are already attempting to distance themselves from any responsibility for the outrage in Norway. Their excuses ring hollow, in view of their rabid language and incendiary rhetoric.

But a more basic question is this: To what degree do the growing anti-Islamic views held by tens (if not hundreds) of millions of “decent” Europeans, folks who would never consider themselves right-wing or racist though they might chuckle at the barroom joke above, contribute to what could be even more horrifying acts to come?

For with growing economic turmoil in Europe and huge numbers attempting to flee the bloody uprisings across much of North Africa, this problem is going to get only worse.

Barry M. Lando spent 25 years as an award-winning investigative producer with “60 Minutes.” He has produced numerous articles, a documentary and a book, “Web of Deceit,” (http://www.amazon.com/Web-Deceit-History-Complicity-Churchill/dp/1590512383/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293741981&sr=8-1) about Iraq. Lando is finishing a novel, “The Watchman’s File.”
http://www.truthdig.com/eartotheground/item/norways_horror_antisemitism_becomes_islamophobia_2 0110724/

Rabz
July 25, 2011, 01:26 AM
Thanks Ammar for your article.

Two interesting comments if I may highlight:

“Will tall, blond, Nordic-looking males now receive extra scrutiny at airports and other locales, and will those having any involvement with those right-wing, Muslim-hating groups be secretly placed on no-fly lists?”

It is absurd that some people had really got their brain washed believing that Islam is manifesting terror against western countries. Even Bin ladin, Alqaeda and Taliban whom were unpolished American tool during cold war, were and are not standing neither for Islam or Muslims. Bin ladins agenda was anti royal Saudi who are guarded by American administration in decades for a well known reason which is oil. Frankly, the only threat from Islam particularly against the western
countries is that “the interest is forbidden in Islam”. So, the million dollar question is “how the global economy would be without interest?” the capitalism will collapse….. the end of the world for some isn’t!!. And who was the first
people kind had invented the interest??? JEWES. In Islam you do not win money you have to earn money poor or rich. However, there no ethics in politics contra religions and with politics people will live to the end of the world caused by a renewable cold war

Alien
July 25, 2011, 08:35 AM
From my observation, these kind of right wing fanatics fall within 2 similar yet different group.

Firstly there is the neo-Nazis where this Norwegian fits in. They are white supremacist, hate anything and everything non-white (probably prefers day over night). They are anti-Semetic meaning they hate Jews. They draw inspiration from Nazi figures such as Adolf Hitler. Many are religious and those that are draws inspiration from Templars.

Second groups are are religious and in my opinion the lesser of the 2 evils. The Christian side is mainly Evangelicals like Pastor John Hagee, Michele Bauchmann etc who take their bible as seriously as Saudis take the Sharia laws. The Jewish side are Kahanist and other radical ultra-orthodox followers who dwell in the settlements of West Bank and Gaza. Many do live in US like Meir Kahane.

They are conservative. About half of them are xenophobic while other half are outright racist. Their xenophobia makes oppose immigration from third world countries.

Some of these are not affiliated with any religion like Geert Wilder.

Similarity between the 2 groups is that both are Islamophobes. Difference is one hates Jews (anti-Semetic) while other loves Jews (Evangelicals and pretty much all right-wingers in Western countries).

Naimul_Hd
July 27, 2011, 01:32 AM
<embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:video:colbertnation.com:393042" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" base="." flashvars="" height="288" width="512">The Colbert Report (http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/393042/july-25-2011/norwegian-muslish-gunman-s-islam-esque-atrocity)
Get More: Colbert Report Full Episodes (http://www.colbertnation.com/full-episodes/),Political Humor & Satire Blog (http://www.indecisionforever.com/),Video Archive (http://www.colbertnation.com/video)

JOURNALISM... a word worse that TERRORISM

al Furqaan
July 27, 2011, 02:11 AM
Second groups are are religious and in my opinion the lesser of the 2 evils. The Christian side is mainly Evangelicals like Pastor John Hagee, Michele Bauchmann etc who take their bible as seriously as Saudis take the Sharia laws. The Jewish side are Kahanist and other radical ultra-orthodox followers who dwell in the settlements of West Bank and Gaza. Many do live in US like Meir Kahane.

2nd group is far more dangerous because they are universally accepted in the political discourse. No neo-nazi can ever run for public office in the US because the position is so unpopular that even those with neo-nazi leanings will either a) know its political suicide or b) be shamed into hiding that. Witness Mel Gibson and his drunken rant against Jews, and just switch his profession from actor to politician.

In the EU it is actually illegal to be a neo-Nazi.

Problem with Bachmann/Cain/Tancredo is that they are universally accepted even within the Democrat-Liberal fringe as an acceptable political position. Fifty years from now, it may be considered as taboo to link Muslims to terrorism as it is now to link African-Americans to crime or Jews to global conspiracies. Fifty years from now, but not today.

Thats why these people will continue to be a threat until they are made to look unacceptable in the public sphere.

ehsan2012
August 2, 2011, 08:59 AM
So as Islamophobia is rising steadily in the West, what do we Muslims do? Just sit on our asses and wait? Line up at their door and beg for scraps, as we always have done? I don't know what we Muslims should be doing right now. But I'm sure its not what we are currently doing.