PDA

View Full Version : The 2011-12 NFL Season Thread

cricman
July 25, 2011, 10:58 PM
The NFL is back,the only casualty of the lockout was a 1 Preseason game.

:clap: to greedy owners and players

Free Agency unofficially starts tomorrow but teams can meet with Free Agents and stuff and have handshake agreements and stuff. They can officially sign on the dotted line on Friday.

Every 2-3 years the Skins (how in world do they find Caproom) try to raid the Jets and looks like this year is no different with Santonio. Jets have a lot of key players entering FA, we'll see if they'll be resigned or replaced.

Pack are Champs they look like they can do it again this year, everybody else chasing them

Beamer
July 26, 2011, 09:01 AM
Glad you opened the thread. Its exciting to have football back. Its gonna be a crazy few days with all the UFA's, rookies, UDFA, signing with their new teams, by Friday.

Six time Super bowl Champs Pittsburgh Steelers open camp Thursday. Go Steelers !!

cricman
July 27, 2011, 10:50 AM
Santonio locked, Nnandi is next the next target. Imagine Him on one end and Revis on the other! Might even bring in a Randy Moss to replace Braylon

Beamer
July 27, 2011, 11:59 AM
Santonio locked, Nnandi is next the next target. Imagine Him on one end and Revis on the other! Might even bring in a Randy Moss to replace Braylon

That will be scary ! Tone is a good guy. He deserves the money. Great WR. Saw Revis last month with his big gang of 'homies' entering a nightclub.

As usual, Steelers are quiet. They never go after outside free agents. Always staying in house. 9 of the 11 starters on D are home grown. Can't say that philosophy doesn't work. We are always at the top three on D. Re- signed Ike. Now working on Woodley extension, so Franchise tag comes off.

Ajfar
July 29, 2011, 02:18 PM
Welcome to New England Ochocinco & Albert Haynesworth!!

Beamer
July 30, 2011, 08:43 AM

Nnope.

F6_Turbo
August 3, 2011, 11:56 PM
Ahh my beloved Redskins, signing that freak Haynesworth to a huge contract, frontloading much of it, and then having him complain the whole time about the defensive scheme, not to mention fighting with the HC.

Now giving him away to the freaks from New England.

I am liking our 13 Wide Receivers...maybe we can field a whole team of them :rolleyes:

Electrequiem
August 4, 2011, 09:47 PM
Eagles, Patriots, and Packers are the teams to beat, methinks.

Eagles' secondary is just NASTY. Best corp I've ever seen together.

Electrequiem
August 4, 2011, 09:52 PM
Eagles, Patriots, and Packers are the teams to beat, methinks.

Eagles' secondary is just NASTY. Best corp I've ever seen together.

Dilscoop
September 30, 2011, 11:14 AM
You guys didn't create a BC fantasy?? Oh come on. You guys make that boring Crapinfo fantasy but not this? This is actually serious!

Dilscoop
September 30, 2011, 02:18 PM
Ok, I am creating a league for BC right now. Anyone interested? When would be a good time for the draft? I am free all day today after 4 PM Cali. So give me a time. Also can I get a head count. It will be good if we can make it a at least 10 player league.

I already in 2 leagues with 12 players, and it's tougher. So I wanna have fun with this one and get good players. Plus I wanna be a mana-freakinger!

Ajfar
October 2, 2011, 06:36 PM
Detroit Lions 4-0 who would have thought of that!!!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Tiger444
October 2, 2011, 08:06 PM
Ok, I am creating a league for BC right now. Anyone interested? When would be a good time for the draft? I am free all day today after 4 PM Cali. So give me a time. Also can I get a head count. It will be good if we can make it a at least 10 player league.

I already in 2 leagues with 12 players, and it's tougher. So I wanna have fun with this one and get good players. Plus I wanna be a mana-freakinger!

I would be cool with that. Is it yahoo fantasy? I already got 1 team there.

al Furqaan
October 2, 2011, 09:34 PM
CJ finally breaking the shackles...103 on 23 carries today i guess thats the cricketing equivalent of 103 from like 125 balls...nothing spectacular but solid.

Cam freakin Newton! Peyton's rookie passing yardage record is as good as gone, s**t, Marino's all time record of 5000 yards and change might be under threat by this guy...almost 300 yards again today.

F6_Turbo
October 3, 2011, 03:42 AM
Redskins :adore:
Dlols Cowgirls and Romo :lol:
Iggles as preseason SB faves - dream team :lol:

@Furqaan - Cam went beyond 300 yards in garbage time, almost got up to 400(374 yards) and if it wasn't for the inept special teams, would have gotten the W too. Definitely proving all the haters who instantly categorized him as yet another athletic black run 1st, throw 2nd QB.

Fazal
October 3, 2011, 04:00 PM
Looks like Dream team is going for a sleep for a good dream.

Right now reality is scrary for them. Digged a 1-3 hole.

Dilscoop
October 3, 2011, 05:01 PM
Dammn Rodgers! Haven't seen a champion defend their title this good. I can go back as far as last 3-4 years, and I can clearly remember all the SB winners had bad hangovers. Everyone expected the same from Packers. Shyyaah ryght!

Romo the (volunteer) holder! Haha! Best moment of Week 4. Oh and Calvin Johnson > Dez. BEAST! Triple coverage, still can't stop him. Reminds me of Wayne and Andre from past years..

Dilscoop
October 5, 2011, 01:46 PM
I would be cool with that. Is it yahoo fantasy? I already got 1 team there.

No one wanted to play here. So I deleted it. May be next season.

Dilscoop
October 9, 2011, 01:20 PM
Dream team! LOL!

Dilscoop
October 10, 2011, 11:39 PM
Lions, 5-0 in 60 years!! That's awesome. Good for them. (Now the tigers need to make the World Series..)

Farhad
October 21, 2011, 06:54 PM
Chicago Bears try their hand in cricket (http://www.nfl.com/videos/chicago-bears/09000d5d82356ea9/Bears-and-Bucs-try-British-sports?module=HP11_headline_stack)

Any chance the ICC will be fooled by Jay Cutler in 'brownface'? "Joy Catlaar" could be the first great Bangladeshi pinch hitter. :)

Dilscoop
October 22, 2011, 08:12 PM
They do that every season. I almost thought this was last years. Then I realized it's Bears orange not Broncs

Ajfar
October 24, 2011, 05:32 PM
Damn Colts got murdered. I know Manning meant a lot to this team, but I didn't know without manning they would fall over like a deck of cards. That season when we didn't have Brady we still went 11-5.

Dilscoop
November 22, 2011, 01:47 AM
Late Mid season update:

Perfect Packers, shocking Niners, livin' life Lions, dirty Bears, hot and cold Pats, impressive Saints, Hanging onto each other the Bengals-Stealers-Ravens. Stuck Cam Newton on panther's heart, crashing Jets, damp "Dream team", lost Colts, inconsistent Falcons, Cowboys, Gaints. Rest, see you in couple of years..

F6_Turbo
November 28, 2011, 12:48 AM
Damn Colts got murdered. I know Manning meant a lot to this team, but I didn't know without manning they would fall over like a deck of cards. That season when we didn't have Brady we still went 11-5.

Yeah because the Pats had a competent backup...the Colts don't. Painter :dead: not to mention the Colts are an old team on it's last legs...Manning was the glue that was holding it all together.

Dilscoop
November 29, 2011, 09:37 PM
Fred Jack is done for the season! Damn!

Dilscoop
December 19, 2011, 10:45 PM
As a fan of both San Fran Niners and Giants and Bdesh, I always thought they always had lot in common. Not many star players, always the underdogs, never the talk of the hour in the media. Now I can add one more thing to the list. Blackout..

embarrassing...

Leafs PWN
December 22, 2011, 11:48 AM
God, never thought the Colts were this reliant on Manning.

Team sucks major balls.

Nafi
December 27, 2011, 03:51 PM
this was pretty amazing

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q9K9bcPhQxE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dilscoop
January 7, 2012, 10:13 PM
Saints score 17 unans. pts to get ahead.

I still can't decide whether I want them to win and play v the hers.

Dilscoop
January 9, 2012, 12:42 AM
http://p.twimg.com/AirydVyCEAAyUiT.jpg:large

Electrequiem
January 14, 2012, 11:33 PM
Lol, Tebow. Clearly Tom Brady is the better prayer.

F6_Turbo
January 15, 2012, 03:02 AM
God allowing his son to be crucified, AGAIN :lol: - Hate Brady and the Patriots, but glad God boy got pumped.

http://i.imgur.com/87gNI.jpg

Zeeshan
January 15, 2012, 03:15 PM
apnara ki shob akdum bakdum ulta palta bokchen go ei threade..kitchui to buji na

F6_Turbo
January 16, 2012, 12:20 AM
What a great game by the Giants D - big upset, and unlucky for the Texans(with Schaub they would have beaten the Ravens).

Dilscoop
January 16, 2012, 03:05 AM
Umm hello? Do you guys even watch football? You guys are talking all 3 of the crappy games except the BEST game of the freaking YEAR?!? Really?!?

I lost my voice at the game! And its probably one of the best niners game I have ever been to! Gotta get ready for next week!!

F6_Turbo
January 16, 2012, 03:23 AM
The Niners game was a gimme...I knew I should have put some money on it, but chickened out.

Saints and Brees away from SuperDome production falls quite a bit + The Niners D loves turnovers, and Brees has been known to throw some from time to time. It was the upset I picked, but didn't believe in strongly enough, or else I could have made some of the money I lost from the Broncos vs Steelers game.

Despite his dodgy ankle, I thought Big Ben and the Steelers would be too good for God Boy. :(

Dilscoop
January 16, 2012, 04:15 AM
Gimme? Then why did you chicken out? Everyone picked the Saints over the 9ers. No one gave them a real chance. Brees killed the Lions from down 17. And before that they were scoring 40+ points per game.

Our D did great to create all those turnovers, and stop Brees from making those shotgun plays. And it was getting scary when the offense kept coming of the field and not cashing in, 1-11 on first downs!! But WOW things turned around at the right time!

Dilscoop
January 17, 2012, 08:46 PM
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/497408753.jpg?Expires=1326852160&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=UUKE7nFwM3lXgRnRSXIenxb1VFvZvmDN9KvznWNj 1qF1HldCdxqlRSPpTBBnPT3FJGz5AbrAlEn2p4ZoysaNohoCOx MgpszS2Odkz0xCkmd~01B6yhZ99jGpU1QUydFQBa0R9ldiGZH7 ~2u6BN-Cs37kdvNR5MGq8w9Zaq7ZrPk_

Dilscoop
January 23, 2012, 07:21 PM
Goddamnit!!! ARGGHH!

Ajfar
January 24, 2012, 10:48 AM
From 6-10 last season to title contender this season. That's a huge accomplishment.

I get the feeling Giants will take this one home. I hope I'm wrong. I hate the manning brothers.

Tigers_eye
January 24, 2012, 02:01 PM
Nothing would please me more if Hoodie is denied once again by the Giants. No Jinx.

Tigers_eye
January 24, 2012, 02:02 PM
God, never thought the Colts were this reliant on Manning.

Team sucks major balls.
We are soon going get Lucky.

Fazal
January 24, 2012, 02:33 PM
From 6-10 last season to title contender this season. That's a huge accomplishment.

I get the feeling Giants will take this one home. I hope I'm wrong. I hate the manning brothers.

Are you talking about Giants? In that case Giants were 10-6 last season and was unlucky not to go to the play-off. However this season they were 9-7 but lucky enough to go to the play-off.

Ajfar
January 24, 2012, 05:00 PM
Are you talking about Giants? In that case Giants were 10-6 last season and was unlucky not to go to the play-off. However this season they were 9-7 but lucky enough to go to the play-off.

In the first line I was talking about 49ers. From what I remember they went 6-10 last season.

Dilscoop
January 24, 2012, 07:34 PM

You can't hate the Manning bros more than Tom Queen Brady.

I'm in a huge dilemma. I want the Pats to lose, because I hate them. But now I don't want the Giants to lose because they beat us. Well, we beat ourselves. Kayle aka Kayes

But it's a rematch. And rematch always goes the other way in my weird theory (reason why I wanted to face the Saints and Packers instead of Lions and Giants, and my theory proved yet again), so Giants will lose this one.

Dilscoop
January 24, 2012, 10:21 PM
I think I've said this before in MLB thread. When I watch the Giants and the Niners, I see many similarities between them and Bangladesh.

Kyle Williams was trending on twitter for 2 days. And he received many death threats and abuse on Facebook and twitter. At most, I'd want him to get fired, but some of these comments are way too extreme.

F6_Turbo
January 25, 2012, 01:27 AM
Come on Eli - win a ring more than your brother with the huge forehead....haha.

It'll be f-ing Pats, no doubt about it. Brady with yet another ring, and climbing up that ladder to the absolute upper echelon of the NFL QB club.

Ajfar
January 25, 2012, 01:32 PM
You can't hate the Manning bros more than Tom Queen Brady.

Say whatever you want, but at the end of the day dude got 3 rings.

Dilscoop
January 25, 2012, 02:08 PM
Say whatever you want, but at the end of the day dude got 3 rings.

What's wrong with Mannings then? At least they aren't buncha queen bees. I can't stand Brady or the Pats.

Ajfar
January 25, 2012, 04:38 PM
What's wrong with Mannings then? At least they aren't buncha queen bees. I can't stand Brady or the Pats.

There's nothing wrong with mannings. I just don't like em. I lived in New England area since I moved to America. I started watching football with my brother and uncle, they support Pats so naturally I started supporting pats as well. I can't be a pats fan and like manning. As for Eli, he plays for NY team. I don't like NY teams. My cousin is from NY so we are always on the opposite side.

Dilscoop
January 26, 2012, 12:42 AM
Oh. I didn't know you lived there. I thought you were just a neutral fan, in love with Brady :D

Well I guess it'd have been nice if the 9ers were in Indy right now.

Zeeshan
January 26, 2012, 12:54 AM
mayaloki khela arki

Dilscoop
January 26, 2012, 01:22 AM
lol why do you are always here pretending you don't watch NFL.

Zeeshan
January 26, 2012, 01:37 AM
ki dillu tight pant pora pleyar dekte khoub moja lage naaa? khoub?

Dilscoop
January 26, 2012, 02:18 AM
I'm glad you at least know the rules.:D

Fazal
January 30, 2012, 02:47 PM
In the first line I was talking about 49ers. From what I remember they went 6-10 last season.

Ok ... that makes sense. thanks for clarification. Yes 49er was indeed the most improved team this yeat. Too bad they lost a winnable game.

As for Superball, I am hoping for another miracle season ending for Giants. Win or lose, they already exceeded fan's expectation.

Tigers_eye
January 30, 2012, 04:05 PM
Giants. Hope they win again.

Zeeshan
February 1, 2012, 02:46 AM
Dilscoop (or someone)

Open an official superbowl thread like match thread. It'd be fun to have a gathering here.

Go Daddy!

F6_Turbo
February 1, 2012, 02:47 AM
Tom Brady to draw level with Joe Montana - say it ain't so :(

Dilscoop
February 1, 2012, 02:25 PM
^ HELL NO! More reasons for me to be upset about the Niners not being there this year. Our defense would've shown his true colors. Their O-line is the weakest.

But http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_698_Mirror_image:_Montana_&_Brady.html o.O

I hope Giants can strike! Oh please!

Dilscoop (or someone)

Open an official superbowl thread like match thread. It'd be fun to have a gathering here.

Go Daddy!

In the whole season we barely crossed 2 pages...

Tigers_eye
February 1, 2012, 02:33 PM
Tom Brady to draw level with Joe Montana - say it ain't so :(
Montana went to 4 superbowls won them all, won 3 MVPs (only player to do so), with Jerry Rice getting one. Never lost a superbowl like you know who. Has 31 NFL 4th quarter comeback victories. That is what makes him the best of all time. Joe Cool, there is a reason for that. Taklu Pitt QB Terry Bradshaw was 4-0 in suprebowl. Roger Staubach, Aikman are 3-0.

Dilscoop
February 1, 2012, 02:41 PM
+ Joe is better looking.

Ajfar
February 3, 2012, 10:39 AM
Maybe because it's the Super Bowl, and the New England Patriots are back for the fifth time in 10 years, that I called Doug Blevins.

Doug can't walk. Cerebral Palsy took that away, so he rides everywhere in a motorized wheelchair. But if it wasn't for Doug, Adam Vinatieri wouldn’t exist -- at least the Adam Vinatieri we know. And without Vinatieri, there might not be the kick in the snow against the Raiders or the kick against the Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI.

And then maybe a decade of Patriots dominance never happens. Which might make Doug the most essential person you've never heard of in the New England dynasty.He is in his new house outside of Ashville, N.C. when I reach him. A sinus problem has turned his Appalachian twang into a syrupy growl. But Patriots Super Bowls always excite him because they bring back memories of the night 10 years ago when he sat in a restaurant watching Vinatieri drive the title-winning field goal through the goal posts. Doug wept that night, the tears rolling down his face in the middle of the restaurant. A waiter rushed over to see if something was wrong. Doug’s ex-wife had to explain that no, everything was actually right, because you see this was the man who coached Adam Vinateri and ...

"The guy just thought I was crazy and walked away," Doug says, laughing.

But how could Doug have explained everything right then? How could he have told the waiter how he loved football growing up in the Virginia mountains and how he longed so much to be a part of the game that he studied kickers and punters thinking there was a place in football for a man who understood them? He could have talked about the letters he wrote to every coach in the NFL, begging for advice on coaching special teams and how the only one to reply was the Cowboys' Tom Landry, who sent over piles of books and plays and notes from his coaches. He could also have told how he eventually took those books and studied them, learning everything about men who did something he never could -- kick a ball. And how he turned that into a coaching career, eventually finding work with the New England Patriots and New York Jets and Miami Dolphins as a kicking advisor.

But who would believe that?

Nor could he have explained the story of how Vinatieri found no NFL offers upon leaving South Dakota State and -- desperate for any help -- he sent Blevins videos of his kicking. For days Doug didn’t even look at the tape; he was too busy. But Vinatieri kept calling, pestering Doug, until finally he put the tape in his VCR and he knew immediately he was seeing a man with potential. If only he wouldn't swing open his hips on kickoffs and rotate them left on field goals. Blevins invited Vinatieri to come to his home in Abingdon, Va., where they could work on his form. Would the waiter have believed Vinatieri slept in the cab of his pickup truck that first night in Abingdon? Would he have understood they spent a year in that town, working out every day on local high school fields until Vinatieri finally got his form right? And what would that waiter say if he knew they ended every session with a 48-yard kick to win the Super Bowl?

So yes, that's why Doug was crying that night. Not just because it was Vinatieri, or because it was the Super Bowl, but because the spot on the field was exactly 48 yards away. And what do you say about destiny?

"You know when you really get right down to it that kick really launched my career," Doug says into the phone. "I'm still benefitting from that one play."

I came across Doug two years after the field goal against the Rams. He told me the story he never could have told the waiter in the restaurant. It was right before the next Patriots Super Bowl, the one in which they beat the Carolina Panthers. Vinatieri won the game again with a field goal. Not long after came a flood of attention: stories in newspapers; a segment on HBO’s Real Sports. And soon parents with kids who wanted to be kickers started calling. Suddenly they were driving up the road to Abingdon to meet the man in the wheelchair who made Adam Vinatieri great.

He opened a kicking business. He ran camps. He became a motivational speaker, flying around the country to talk to people about how a man in a wheelchair could help win a Super Bowl.

He called his speech: "The American Dream Endures." "It's been an interesting ride, an interesting 10 years," he says. Recently he moved to North Carolina, thinking it would be easier for his clients to get to Ashville than Abingdon. He lives with his girlfriend, Brenda Morgan, who is from New Hampshire and just so happens to be a Patriots fan. And yes, she was watching that night 10 years ago when Adam Vinatieri beat the Rams, never imagining the story behind the kick.

Doug still talks to Vinatieri, who ironically plays here in Indianapolis on the very field where the Patriots will try to win another Super Bowl. Funny how life works this way. "That kick brought brought me so much attention," Doug says. "It brought credibility to everything I did." And yes, he says, he will be watching on Sunday. And he might cry again. After all, it's the Super Bowl, and the memories are all still too fresh of the night Adam Vinatieri made Doug Blevins dreams come true.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/good-sports/201202/man-wheelchair-who-helped-kick-super-bowl-dynasty

Zeeshan
February 4, 2012, 12:53 AM
I HATE football, yet I am hyped up for Superbowl. Weird.

Dilscoop
February 4, 2012, 01:24 AM
So you are a Madonna fan.

I love football, but this is the least hyped I've ever been for a SB.

Ajfar
February 4, 2012, 10:19 AM
^ True that. I read somewhere people are going, oh that guy Baltimore guy got paid off so he'd miss the field goal. Pats Vs. Giants rematch does sound a lot better than Baltimore vs. Giants.

Dilscoop
February 4, 2012, 01:45 PM
Pats v Packers/Saints would've been good, all offense.

But for me, nothing would make it better other than Kyle Williams not fumbling those...

Zunaid
February 5, 2012, 06:34 PM
Cut out the fluff and go straight for the commercials (http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2012/02/03/super-bowl-ad-power-rankings-sexy-sexy-controversy/).

Zunaid
February 5, 2012, 06:37 PM
Manning over Brady. The Patriot 'dynasty' ends today.

Zunaid
February 5, 2012, 10:11 PM
Called it.

roman
February 5, 2012, 10:32 PM
Tom Brady was crying on the sideline. Muahhhhhhhhh

F6_Turbo
February 5, 2012, 10:32 PM
F U Tom and Bill....

Eli with more rings than his bro...hahahahahah.

Hate the Pats so much, despite being a Skins fan, I was rooting for the Giants.

Dilscoop
February 5, 2012, 10:37 PM
Somewhere in San Fran Joe Montana is giggling. Undefeated in the Superbowl with no interceptions. The Brady comparison is now OVER.

Dilscoop
February 5, 2012, 10:42 PM
Not only did Brady lose his 2nd SB to the Giants, he had to run back to Peyton's locker room- his other rival. You got a hot wife, a good career, couple of SB rings, yet life is not fair. bitch.

Tigers_eye
February 6, 2012, 11:27 AM
What a relief. Great game for the Giants. Couldn't be happier for Brady to faulter. That behind the receiver pass and pick was HS standard. Greatest my rear. Hoodie needs to retire.

roman
February 6, 2012, 11:34 AM
Probably the first time in so many years I saw Welker play, he dropped a crucial catch.

Ajfar
February 6, 2012, 12:03 PM
I knew going into the SB Brady wasn't going to pull this one off, not without a fully fit Gronkowski. Plus dropping those crucial catches at the last minute didn't help. I was at umass last night, got to take part in a riot for the first time, it was awesome. It got crazy, police had to come in and take control.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/icO7HXM0dhs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dilscoop
February 6, 2012, 01:46 PM
Catrinel Menghia!! Yeeeeaaahhhbudddy!

Dilscoop
February 6, 2012, 07:24 PM
Gisele needs to STFU and start doing the "Tuck-ing."

Actually keep talking and get your husband into trouble.

Dilscoop
February 6, 2012, 07:59 PM
I knew going into the SB Brady wasn't going to pull this one off, not without a fully fit Gronkowski. Plus dropping those crucial catches at the last minute didn't help. I was at umass last night, got to take part in a riot for the first time, it was awesome. It got crazy, police had to come in and take control.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/icO7HXM0dhs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thats the most dumbest "riot" eveeeeer!