PDA

View Full Version : Best Mobile Operating System?

hoodlum
August 11, 2011, 05:26 PM
Vote for your favourite mobile operating system. Let's see which OS wins the race in BC :)

Banglaguy
August 11, 2011, 05:28 PM
Where's the poll bro?

mac
August 11, 2011, 05:28 PM
Where's the poll? Android for me.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

hoodlum
August 11, 2011, 05:31 PM
Polls added. You can vote now :)

Equinox
August 11, 2011, 05:48 PM
Currently an iOS user. Have used Android in the past. Since multiple voting is allowed will vote for both.

hoodlum
August 11, 2011, 05:54 PM
As i thought, it will be the battle between iOS and Android :-D

BD_2015
August 11, 2011, 09:26 PM
IMO it's Android.I think within 1 or 2 years Android will take over IOS.Let's wait and see.
For non-techie smartphone users ,it's all about hype.

Zunaid
August 11, 2011, 09:29 PM
Funny. I wonder how many of you have actually played with all the different kinds of mobile OSs out there before actually putting in your ballot?

iDumb
August 11, 2011, 10:07 PM
I used first three: ios, android and blackberry - didn't like anyone of them - I guess blackberry (the keyboard one) is my preferred one for phone and texting. Not as a mobile operating system.

I have yet to try windows 7 mobile. I am gonna switch to verizon for better service soon. so, I might get windows phone this time. But the problem is they all require data plan which i don't need - I already have 4g mifi. I don't know how i can get those phone without a plan. This monopoly system of data plan required should be made illegal.

iDumb
August 11, 2011, 10:13 PM
IMO it's Android.I think within 1 or 2 years Android will take over IOS.

lol you are funny.

do you not read the news? Apple > Exxon mobile (oil company, not a phone company) briefly.

If you can comprehend how big exxon mobile is - then put apple's success in perspective - then you will realize that your comment is akin to saying Linux is a cool operating system and it will take over windows in 1 to 2 years. The first portion maybe true but second one is a bit far fetched.

And how does success of android makes google money I don't know.. it's free operating system for mobile device right?? ami buzi na.

ammark
August 12, 2011, 04:00 AM
tbh, while one OS may be "better" than the other, in this day and age content makes all the difference! I have to go with iOS, thats been jailbroken and then has installous installed. This combination REALLY trumps buying an android phone for me right now!

Now, if only I had tons of money to spend on pricey apps, would I consider getting an Android phone or sth.

hoodlum
August 12, 2011, 04:13 AM
tbh, while one OS may be "better" than the other, in this day and age content makes all the difference! I have to go with iOS, thats been jailbroken and then has installous installed. This combination REALLY trumps buying an android phone for me right now!

Now, if only I had tons of money to spend on pricey apps, would I consider getting an Android phone or sth.

Cracked Android apps are also available just like installous.

al-Sagar
August 13, 2011, 02:22 AM
i have used Symbian OS on a Sony Ericsson P1i

windows mobile on a Sony Ericsson Xperia X1

android 2.3 on a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

simon
August 13, 2011, 12:22 PM
achcha,bhais,Android e bangla pore kibhabe? thanks for answering.

Murad
August 13, 2011, 02:42 PM
achcha,bhais,Android e bangla pore kibhabe? thanks for answering.
You have to use Opera Mini/Mobile to read Bangla.

From Opera
Type 'config:'
Then Select Yes for "Use bitmap fonts for complex scripts"
Save

simon
August 13, 2011, 06:04 PM
^^thank you Murad bhai,will try then.:)

BD_2015
August 14, 2011, 07:56 PM
[QUOTE=iDumb;1377124] lol you are funny

It's good to be funny than Dumb.lol

If you can comprehend how big exxon mobile is - then put apple's success in perspective - then you will realize that your comment is akin to saying Linux is a cool operating system and it will take over windows in 1 to 2 years. The first portion maybe true but second one is a bit far fetched.

You actually right there,I exaggerated too much.:)

iDumb
August 15, 2011, 08:45 PM
Google to buy motorola. Your comment is not so funny or dumb anymore. If anybody google will come the closest as a real competitor to apple but still long way to go though.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

BD_2015
August 17, 2011, 07:06 PM
I think within 1 or 2 years Android will take over IOS.Let's wait and see.

Google respected my words.I was really shocked to know that Apple has more money in bank than US govenrment!!!

iDumb
August 17, 2011, 10:38 PM
Google respected my words.I was really shocked to know that Apple has more money in bank than US govenrment!!!

well if you knew why didn't you make some money?

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=MMI+Interactive#chart1:symbol=mmi;range= 3m;indicator=volume;charttype=line;crosshair=on;oh lcvalues=0;logscale=on;source=undefined

If you think logically, making android software available to all other cell phone maker, Android would succeed in taking over some other leading software?? ios. A quick search indicates, they maybe selling more than apple. Problem is they aren't making money. It's a free software. But by purchasing motorola, they are trying to becoming a mobile device company like apple, which will bring them money. Eventually, you would think for it to be highly profitable, they would have to restrict other cell company's from using their software otherwise those companies would be in direct competition with goog too. Hence, this purchase should logically decrease android market share while increasing google profit if that makes any sense.

but this is all in my head, will probably not play out like that. Just showing you that you comment and google's move is in conflict with each other - unless you can defend yourself :) I am just getting on you cuz you are starting to sound a bit cocky.

BD_2015
August 19, 2011, 05:56 PM
Dude you made a huge mistake here and confused yourself by thinking two subjects as one.

1st the topic of this thread is “best mobile operating systems”. It’s not best smart phones manufacturer or who will lead mobile market in future? Clearly these are two different topics.

It will be stupid to say that Google (android) will take over Apple (IOS) in a few years. We all know that Google isn’t a mobile company. They don’t produce any hardware products. They are simply advertising company makes money by selling ads to consumers.

Apple is a software and Hardware Company. They make their own products. They are leading mobile market atm. World largest technology company. It will be stupid to compare Google siblings YouTube, Gmail, Android, Google host and Google maps against Apple’s hardwire: Macintosh, iPhone, IPod and software’s: ITunes, IOS, Mac OS X, Safari and Logic studio etc.

Yes, recently Google bought Motorola mobile, which shows Google intent to lead mobile market. Now whether they will be able compete with Apple and other mobile manufacturers and take lead. It’s a complete different subject matter. Only Google and expert in this field will only able to tell.

Now what I meant by (Android OS) will takeover (IOS) in few years. When I said this I didn’t mean by this that Google will take over Apple in a few years by financially.

Imo Android is the best mobile operating OS in the market. I know that there is a competition in mobile market, which mobile OS is best? Specially Android vs IOS. Now how would you judge which one is best? Three reasons why I choose Android are best mobile OS.

1. How many Android OS phones are selling in the market everyday and how popular they are?
1.1 How many IOS phones are selling in the market everyday and how popular they are?

I think you will definitely agree with that there are more Android OS phones selling in the market and they are more popular than IOS phones.

2. My personal preferences.
IOS =1 .is very simple and intuitive to use.2.IOS doesn’t support flash player. 3. iPhone requires jail breaking to install 3rd party software and unlock iPhone.

Android = 1.is more powerful to customize 2. Android does support Flash player.3.Android doesn’t need to jailbreak to install 3rd party software’s.

3.In my knowledge currently seven manufacturers using Android OS in 50 smartphones. Dell, HTC,LG, Motorola, Sony Ericsson,Kyocera and Samsung.

Now as we know Android is free OS, so how they make money? I am pretty sure you know how they make money.Also you can check this link. http://www.zdnet.com.au/android-winning-mobile-os-war-in-australia-339320723.htm

Btw I am not supporting Android OS (Google, Android smart phones) or I am not against IOS (Apple, iPhone).This is only my opinion and some facts. Many smartphones users don’t know which OS they using. All they know is manufacturer name and model. Many consumers buy smartphones not because of OS but texting (BB), camera mega pixel, hd video, speed (processor, ram) and apps they can download.So at the end of the day it's all depend on costumers requirement and choice.

You don’t have to get on me cus I am not biosexual.

iDumb
August 19, 2011, 10:43 PM
you almost made me happy when i saw the post. But disappointed. Too many generic statements, not enough arguments.

your whole argument is actuallly this:
Imo Android is the best mobile operating OS in the market. I know that there is a competition in mobile market, which mobile OS is best? Specially Android vs IOS. Now how would you judge which one is best? Three reasons why I choose Android are best mobile OS.

1. How many Android OS phones are selling in the market everyday and how popular they are?
1.1 How many IOS phones are selling in the market everyday and how popular they are?

I think you will definitely agree with that there are more Android OS phones selling in the market and they are more popular than IOS phones.

2. My personal preferences.
IOS =1 .is very simple and intuitive to use.2.IOS doesn’t support flash player. 3. iPhone requires jail breaking to install 3rd party software and unlock iPhone.

Android = 1.is more powerful to customize 2. Android does support Flash player.3.Android doesn’t need to jailbreak to install 3rd party software’s.

3.In my knowledge currently seven manufacturers using Android OS in 50 smartphones. Dell, HTC,LG, Motorola, Sony Ericsson,Kyocera and Samsung.

1 and 3 are the same thing. 2 is 2.

So basically your argument is android is better than ios because more manufacturers are using it, hence more people are using it and you like it.

It is not that android is intuitive, easy to use and cool - that's why people want it and seeing the demand manufacturer are using it.

Do you see the two line of thinking?

If IOS is given free, all manufacturers would be jumping to use it - hence sales of it would go up.

So it is not really a fair comparison. And then you come here telling me how google is an advertising firm and apple is a hardware store or wahtever - then how does google buying Motorola support your argument that android would take over ios as a leading mobile operating system? How was google "respecting your words"? your arguments are all over the place bro :p.

Sovik
August 20, 2011, 11:05 AM
I just love android os.

Sovik
August 20, 2011, 11:09 AM

Applanet app will let you install paid apps for free. Well most of the apps.