PDA

View Full Version : What do you collect as a hobby?

Zeeshan
August 14, 2011, 02:17 AM
*how soon before someone derails it with such one liners as 'chopped heads of chicken'*

No seriously....go forth and showcase your collection too. As a kid, I used to collect stamps, coins, currency, Indrajal comics...

Recently I realize that a good hobby is a great substitution for addiction.

It can by anything. List away. Post photos. Do you travel? Visa stamps? Nigerian wooden statue? Anything.

bujhee kom
August 14, 2011, 02:24 AM
This is going to be a Great Thread Gopal dostu!

I havce quiet a few hobbies and I am very serious about my hobbies...

1. Collect ancient (metal) coins of the world, mainly the Indian sub-continent (both Hindu, Islamic and Buddhist eras), Central Asia, Afghan Kingdoms, Early Notrh Afrika Islamic and Byzentine, Early Christian, - Roman Empoire, Greko-roman, Persian Empire, Mughol Empire, Lodi Dynesty

2. Die Cast metal toy cars..scale 1:44 like Johnny Lightning, GreenLight, Old English Matchbox, Jada etc. the little ones.

3. I collect some new coins too.

4. Comics...

5. Model Trains HO scale! Brass trains 1:87

Zeeshan
August 14, 2011, 02:27 AM
post pics bro!! ^

bujhee kom
August 14, 2011, 02:32 AM
Arrey Brolo egula very valuable museum quality top shelf mint collection....Sothbey/Tiffany gushti-ra pichey laiga jabey...miah, IRS, Brighton Beach Russian Mob aisha dhorbey amarey tai chobi post korata safe naa!

BanCricFan
August 14, 2011, 03:46 AM
wrong thread

sbsash
August 16, 2011, 12:42 AM
Used to collect toy cars when I was like 9 years old. Gave/threw them away like 2 years ago.

Zeeshan
August 16, 2011, 01:32 AM
Nasif? other than ip addresses of banned members....

Naimul_Hd
August 16, 2011, 02:13 AM
Used to collect stamps, Coins, cartoon stickers, post card of different places, players. The good old days :)

Ashraf-FTP
August 16, 2011, 02:33 AM
coiiiiiiiiiins :D dont get to collect much now but have quite a few countries [I think around 17-18]. Been on it since like I was 7 so yeah been a while. Lost interest these days :(

Ajfar
August 16, 2011, 04:50 AM
Zeeshan bhai you don't collect hot girl's facebook profile link?

Zeeshan
August 16, 2011, 04:51 AM
or conversely... Laydayz collect Zeeshan?

Nafi
August 16, 2011, 03:17 PM
chicks

lamisa
August 17, 2011, 05:13 AM
cricket match tickets (only the ones i attend!)

hoodlum
August 17, 2011, 05:16 PM
Stamps...thousands of them
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

BD_2015
August 17, 2011, 07:11 PM
"Favourite quotations" not sure it will be count as hobby.

banfan2
August 17, 2011, 08:19 PM
2 pound coin

Roni_uk
August 18, 2011, 05:50 PM
Bangla and hindi music .... Used to be in the form of long plays, then cassettes, then cds, now just mp3s.

Tigers_eye
August 19, 2011, 05:39 AM
Excellent thread.
Stamps...thousands of them

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
I use to do that too. What is your best/most precious collection to date?

Mine is/was Bhutan's GOLD round stamps. More like gala seals. After liberation Bhutan's king came to BD. An uncle had connections. I still have them but all in the attic.

crikss
August 19, 2011, 09:41 AM
Stamps....Comics (C.Chowdhury, Billu, Pinki and lot's of) then wwe wrestler Stickers

Navo
August 19, 2011, 02:46 PM
Postcards - I only started collecting in 2008 but I have about 250 or so now. My favorite one was sent by a Pakistani friend and it has a photo of a lone gunman prowling the Khyber Pass on it! The ones I have from Kazakhstan and Mali are a close second.

Miniature National Flags - I have a hiking bag on which I like to sew the miniature flags of countries I have visited.

For a while I considered collecting unused airplane airsickness bags because I thought it would be a relatively unusual hobby, but after collecting a few, better sense (and my friends) intervened.

ZimSlog
August 19, 2011, 03:08 PM
Stamps...wwe wrestler Stickers

Am also a fan of the WWE and I also collect few photos and stickers of The Undertaker, Mrs Undertaker(the HOT Michelle McCool) and Hornswoggle etc
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Zeeshan
August 19, 2011, 11:32 PM
Excellent thread.

I use to do that too. What is your best/most precious collection to date?

Mine is/was Bhutan's GOLD round stamps. More like gala seals. After liberation Bhutan's king came to BD. An uncle had connections. I still have them but all in the attic.

I have one. If you want I can send it to you...

bujhee kom
August 20, 2011, 12:31 AM
A psychiatrist collects dead animals in her bedroom, can you believe iot!!! In Jersey and then Police came knocking on the door and found her place Stinks of rotting cadarvour (spell), neighbour could not breathe in the area of stench, I mean serious problem there and she said she wanted to take care of them....watch it.....!! I know this lady.

Navo
August 20, 2011, 05:52 PM
^^ Yuck. But given that this is America we're talking about, are they sure that she isn't just a taxidermist? haha