PDA

View Full Version : BD vs ZIM 2nd test preview

bd_cricket
February 25, 2004, 11:16 AM
Bangladesherkhela reported Monju could be replaced by Alamgir (Not Tarek) in the second test.
And Hannan could be dropped. Alok or Al-Shahriar could get in. In that case Khaled Mashud will be sent with Shahriar Hossain to open the innings.

crickipagol
February 25, 2004, 11:27 AM
I think it is final that Alamgir (Monjurul) is the only change. Source NTV News.

Good luck to the team.

[Edited on 25-2-2004 by crickipagol]

Carte Blanche
February 25, 2004, 12:08 PM
I hope he is replacing Monju. He is a spunkless bowler, no variety at all. He is rather lucky to even get a wicket in the first test. I was hoping Tareq will play in the 2nd test. Oh well, Alamgir should be a good choice too. Does anyone have an idea how fast this kid bowls?

SS
February 25, 2004, 12:21 PM
All bowlers beside Masrafi bowls slow medium..so it's not a threat to Zim batsmen at all..
Giving chance to Alok will it be a good idea?? That kid got some shots in hand but his last few outs just indicates his lackness of good techniques.

Rubu
February 25, 2004, 12:27 PM
to me, it looks like alamgir will be the same as manju. don't really see the advantage. i'd prefer aziz. this kid really needed a chance to prove himself. i'm waiting for alok's come back as well, but not this early. he needs a break to realize himself. hopefully, it will be something like ash.

reverse_swing
February 25, 2004, 01:31 PM
Zimbabwe have replaced the injured Andy Blignaut with Blessing Mahwire for the second Test against Bangladesh.
-BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/3486392.stm)

oracle
February 25, 2004, 01:42 PM
Bliggy has really savoured playing us. Personally, I hope he gets better but this guy creates too many problems for us for unknown reasons. I mean we have faced more vicious bowlers but how he got the hatrick defies logic.:-/

Zobair
February 25, 2004, 03:42 PM
I dunno about Khaled Mashud facing the new ball. He is awesome against the spinners...he is definitely one of the best players of spin in the Bangladesh team (helps that he is the wicketkeeper), and he is ok against the old ball, but I don't think he has the goods to be an opener. I hope he proves me wrong.

Carte Blanche
February 25, 2004, 03:55 PM
Yes I agree with you pompy. Dav actually tried Pilot as an opener in an ODI in Pakistan last fall. He got dismissed for a duck or something, if I recall correctly. I think pilot played as a one-down batsman against Eng 'A' team in BD some 6/7 years ago in a 3/4 day match, he scored a high 50 in that innings. I don't trust his skills against the new ball much. But I think in situations where we tried night-watchmen, Pilot would come in more handy than a bowler-watchman, as he possesses greater survival skills, and also a good opportunity to play a big knock awaits him.

SS
February 25, 2004, 04:18 PM
unfortunately there is no player in BD team who can face the new ball with confident.

AsifTheManRahman
February 25, 2004, 04:29 PM
Dav should forget the idea of sending Pilot in to open the innings...he will not be able to perform against the new ball

rafiq
February 25, 2004, 06:31 PM
SS: why don't you try facing the new ball???

Piranha
February 25, 2004, 06:57 PM
lets hope this mahwire fellow doesn't pull a Kaneria. remeber him? From being a virtual unknown, he took so many wickets against us. BD has a history of giving bowlers their best figures against us.

billah
February 25, 2004, 07:50 PM
I don't like the idea of opening with Masud at all, while Hannan, a typical test type batsman,would be very hungry and eager to prove himself. Masud is fine with where he is. It is a comfort to see some dependable guys coming in to bat at the lower order, finally.

sujon
February 26, 2004, 01:57 AM
we'll win this match inshallah........:fanflag:

Nijhum
February 26, 2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by sujon

is it because you(r namesake) not playin'? :P

sujon
February 26, 2004, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Nijhum
Originally posted by sujon

is it because you(r namesake) not playin'? :P

whatevet it may be:)..we want our first win and we'll get it!!!