PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Alamgir in, Monjurul out!

reverse_swing
February 25, 2004, 01:40 PM
Bangladesh made one change in their side for the second and final Test against Zimbabwe starting in Bulawayo today.

more...

-DailyStar (http://www.thedailystar.net/2004/02/26/d40226040130.htm)

Ehsan
February 25, 2004, 01:55 PM
Feel sorry for Tareq, but Alamgir will be okey too I guess at least better than Manjural Islam.

mahbubH
February 25, 2004, 02:23 PM
He did not play that well in his last two tests.. but it seems Whatmore likes him... hope Alamgir will show us something for which coach like him!

deshitrader
February 25, 2004, 02:55 PM
I am guessing that the inclusion of Alamgir was in part decided by his fine performance in the practice match vs. Zim A. In that match, Alamgir claimed 6 wickets, whereas Tareq claimed 9. More important, from my point of view, Tareq claimed 3 or more wickets in each innings--that points to some degree of consistency. Plus, Alamgir did not perform all that well in his earlier test appearances. I would have, therefore, picked Tareq instead of Alamgir.

On the other hand, I wish Alamgir the best and I would be thrilled if he proves me wrong during the days ahead.

AsifTheManRahman
February 25, 2004, 04:36 PM
It probably has something to do with the conditions...I dont know much about Alamgir and Tareq, havent watched them play that much...so cant say anything

Carte Blanche
February 25, 2004, 04:55 PM
So this is Unanimous now. Nobody wants Monju!