PDA

View Full Version : This is the best opportunity to get something out of this test!

rassel
February 25, 2004, 02:32 PM
It would take quite a long time to win a test match if we unable to get something out of upcoming test. I am saying this because all our next test opponents are not going to as easy as Zimbabwe. So I am expecting from our boys to give their best to get us a win or at lest a real draw against this weak opponent, otherwise no real hope to win a test match for many years to come.

Nijhum
February 25, 2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by rassel
It would take quite a long time to win a test match if we unable to get something out of upcoming test. I am saying this because all our next test opponents are not going to as easy as Zimbabwe. So I am expecting from our boys to give their best to get us a win or at lest a real draw against this weak opponent, otherwise no real hope to win a test match for many years to come.

(Almost) true.

I am tempted to add the 'almost', cos the post displays our adeptness in perpetuating the process of keeping low. we are expecting the matches to come down to our height to let us have a plausible upper hand, and not that much to race towards the forerunners. I know it is the moral boost that is being talked about and the importance of overcoming the lower rungs of ladder: first - first. But then, also its the extend of your sight that you are bound by, to reach, at the end of the day.