PDA

View Full Version : District Stereotypes

mufi_02
August 22, 2011, 12:52 PM
Now there is a long break for cricket, lets get busy in FC Section. I think this would be an interesting one. Please discuss the district in Bangladesh you are from/raised and share any stereotypes you see.

I will start with my experiences first. My dada bari is -

Mymensingh - A lot of rickshawalas and kajer buas in Dhaka are from this lovely land. People from this area are afraid of water and has never seen any major flood. They like to eat spicy foods and less fish.

bujhee kom
August 22, 2011, 12:54 PM
Bhais we are from Brahmanbaria aka BonnBaira, Akhaura Ex-Comilla through and through! We are border people with Agartola, India!
All my bloodline family we are very pious religious + amoik loving people and we are international smuglers by profession~! Our whole village..!

Kabir
August 22, 2011, 02:39 PM
We are from Shondeep - we're used to the jhor and tufaan. We are the largest contributors to the country's economy through smuggling. And our main reason for separating from Noakhali was for their nature of bhaat kheye kaat mara.

FagunerAgun
August 22, 2011, 02:56 PM
Bhais we are from Brahmanbaria aka BonnBaira, Akhaura Ex-Comilla through and through! We are border people with Agartola, India!
All my bloodline family we are very pious religious + amoik loving people and we are international smuglers by profession~! Our whole village..!
:floor::floor::floor:....lageni ludida

Fazal
August 22, 2011, 04:54 PM
Ammar sweetheart is from Noakhali.

The girls are pretty but the boys are shitty.

All kath-mollas are from this district.
They are very religious and good host.
You will find Noakhali people anywhere in the world, even in the moon.
Noakhali people are very social …that’s why you will see so many Naokhali associations in NY city.
Like sylheti people, they are the early adopters of western culture: don't be surprised when you visit Noakhali remote village and hear English’s word like handkerchief, leisure time, honey, funny, etc.
They use coconut oil a lot. Thats you you may find their hair greesy and shinny
They are accused of favoring each ouer. If they can get a job in an organization, with infew years you will see Noakhali people dominating that organization.
Most of them are Khaleda Zia fan.

Rest oif district make fun of these people, but basically they are bhodro lok.

Zeeshan
August 22, 2011, 06:57 PM
Noakhali: eat first ask questions later

Zeeshan
August 22, 2011, 06:59 PM
Noakhali: where mouluvis dour video store porjonto

Zeeshan
August 22, 2011, 07:02 PM
Noakhali: where haramipana exceeds haremkhana

simon
August 22, 2011, 07:10 PM
beshi kotha bole ar beshi khay ar beshi khoroch kore(futani marka),beshi chapa marey, ektu kom dharmik.
Bolen dekhi ami kothakar?:smug:

eventhough I don't have any(almost) of these characteristics ;)

Zeeshan
August 22, 2011, 07:23 PM
Sylhati: we can match 100 dollar jordans well with punjabi

ammark
August 22, 2011, 08:52 PM
Ammar sweetheart is from Noakhali.

Eida ailo koitheikka? Ami to chatgaiya!

Ajfar
August 23, 2011, 12:02 AM
Sylhati: we can match 100 dollar jordans well with punjabi

This will probably get Golden Asif dude to come out of hibernation
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Isnaad
August 23, 2011, 01:29 AM
My dadar bari is in Lakshmipur (Bangla: Lokhhipur); Ex-Noakhali.

Famous for:
1. Supari
2. Soyabean
3. Khejur er rosh

Something that attracted my attention:
There is a massive (In the context of cities outside Dhaka and Chittagong) 12-storied building here which gives a basic idea of how developed Lakshmipur is compared to many other districts...:)

Rabz
August 23, 2011, 01:49 AM
Borishailla.

Need I say more ??

Severus
August 23, 2011, 01:55 AM
ami borishal er lok shunle manush chair thekei ultaya pore. amar shoshur shaheb ekbar ak joner sathe kotha boltesilo. sei lok kothay kothay jiggesh korlo je jamai kon elakar. borishal shuina uni jei ekta lecture dilo jar sharmormo ei je amar shoshur borishaler cheler sathe meye biye diye meyer moha shorbonash kore felse.

Naimul_Hd
August 23, 2011, 04:38 AM
My father's home district is Barishal but been there only 2-3 times (tao choto kaley) in my whole life. Lived most of the time in Dhaka but i am not Dhakaiya either. So, no specific district stereotypes in me :)

Banglaguy
August 23, 2011, 06:18 AM
Sylheti's are the chosen ones in Bangladesh.

riankhan
August 23, 2011, 06:27 AM

:lol: :lol:

You almost broke my Roja

Rabz
August 23, 2011, 06:34 AM
Sylheti's are the chosen ones in Bangladesh.

Chosen for what ???

Banglaguy
August 23, 2011, 06:34 AM
Chosen for what ???

We are the better beings, and will guide the rest of Bangladesh out of turmoil when the time is right...

Rabz
August 23, 2011, 06:39 AM
We are the better beings, and will guide the rest of Bangladesh out of turmoil when the time is right...

What makes you think you are the better being ??
Any special formula/dawa/shopne pawa moha oushodh ??

Ar ei right time ta kobe ashbe ??
Pls let us know.
We are pretty tired of the current time.

Banglaguy
August 23, 2011, 06:42 AM
What makes you think you are the better being ??
Any special formula/dawa/shopne pawa moha oushodh ??

Ar ei right time ta kobe ashbe ??
Pls let us know.
We are pretty tired of the current time.

Formula is:

Money/less people = better economy + my family = Chosen city + Shah Jalal = Great city + 8 layered tea & no flooding = The chosen city.

And what on earth are you talking about (the time). . .

Rabz
August 23, 2011, 06:49 AM
^^ See what you wrote, then go up and see what i qoute and then again read what i wrote.

riankhan
August 23, 2011, 06:58 AM
I am from Munshigong.

Males in Munshigong are okormar ddheki (good for nothing). As a proof, you will find a huge number of Munshigongi in BC, hanging around like me.

We are a popular victim of Chyaka, victimized by girls from every educational institutes in every districts. Traditionally, Munshis are hari-patil manufacturer, and you will always hear the sound Thush-Thash-Crankkkk in Munshigong. But its not because the hari-patils are getting whacked, its the sound of the hearts getting broken!

simon
August 23, 2011, 07:40 AM
I am from Munshigong.

Males in Munshigong are okormar ddheki (good for nothing). As a proof, you will find a huge number of Munshigongi in BC, hanging around like me.

We are a popular victim of Chyaka, victimized by girls from every educational institutes in every districts. Traditionally, Munshis are hari-patil manufacturer, and you will always hear the sound Thush-Thash-Crankkkk in Munshigong. But its not because the hari-patils are getting whacked, its the sound of the hearts getting broken!

super agree! :(

mufi_02
August 23, 2011, 08:36 AM
beshi kotha bole ar beshi khay ar beshi khoroch kore(futani marka),beshi chapa marey, ektu kom dharmik.

eventhough I don't have any(almost) of these characteristics ;)

Wild guess would be Khulna or Rajshahi?

Interesting to see that no one is from these areas.

FagunerAgun
August 23, 2011, 08:49 AM
Noakhali: eat first ask questions later
They take lebu (lemon) and katchamorichh (hot green chillie) in their panjabi pockets when invited..(To eat more)...:):)

Rubu
August 23, 2011, 09:52 AM
I am from Sirajganj. The first stereotype that comes to mind is that it produces a lot of Mastans/Goons.

crikss
August 23, 2011, 09:57 AM
Bogra - Our place is very famous for Misti Doi :D ..and we are smart enough to handle any situation ...

riankhan
August 23, 2011, 11:02 AM
Bogra - Our place is very famous for Misti Doi :D ..and we are smart enough to handle any situation ...

Yes, Mushi promotes enough doi :)

simon
August 23, 2011, 11:18 AM

no wrong. ;)

hint: my area has already been discussed here.:)

riankhan
August 23, 2011, 12:14 PM
no wrong. ;)

hint: my area has already been discussed here.:)

Yes, another victim of Chyaka-cetamol

idrinkh2O
August 23, 2011, 12:16 PM

Munshigong???

ialbd
August 23, 2011, 01:42 PM

since you asked.... :)

both dada & nana bari is in Rajshahi...
Stereotypes about Rajshahi:

1. Dhaka is toooooooo far.
2. Mango & khaja is good enough to live life with.
3. Not a risk taker (aka bhaate mora bangali) as you can tell from point 1.
4. No sense of running business. People from all over Bangladesh come over to open businesses (read mudir dokan ;) ) in rajshahi....
5. Historically a big BNP/Jamat ghati
6. Strong sports culture (Dhakay polapain chheka khaile dhore ganja/phensedyl ar Rajshahi te dhore cricket :))

crikss
August 23, 2011, 01:46 PM

Many of my school classmates used to have all the qualities which u mentioned :D

Bogra ( just a guess)

Nadim
August 23, 2011, 01:58 PM
I am from Munshigong.

kun munshigonj?

near Dhaka one? or the one in Shylhet (i heard it from other ppl but not sure)

riankhan
August 23, 2011, 04:28 PM
kun munshigonj?

The district near Dhaka. I never heard of any place called Munshigong near Sylhet ! :)

simon
August 23, 2011, 06:21 PM
Yes, another victim of Chyaka-cetamol

ei kothata bolei koshto ta bariye dilen,chyaka khawar shujoktato paite hobe naki?:(

Munshigong???

hoisey!

Many of my school classmates used to have all the qualities which u mentioned :D

Bogra ( just a guess)

hoynai! upore takan!

simon
August 23, 2011, 06:26 PM
kun munshigonj?

England e thakle ei ek shomossha, pura Bangladesh takey Sylhet mone hoy :-P ..ar munshigonj to ekta ongsho matro.

tumi kothatheke bolo.

simon
August 23, 2011, 06:33 PM

hmm,shey karonei khali group hug marar chance khojen.

AhmedN
August 23, 2011, 06:48 PM
hmm,shey karonei khali group hug marar chance khojen.

:floor::floor:

lamisa
August 24, 2011, 09:54 AM
noakhailla ami! need i say more?

Navo
August 24, 2011, 10:49 AM
Have any of you ever seen the Noakhali wikipedia page?: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noakhali_District

It's strange that it has a list of both freedom fighters AND Razzakars. Don't think any other district wiki page has that.

riankhan
August 24, 2011, 11:51 AM
Have any of you ever seen the Noakhali wikipedia page?: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noakhali_District

It's strange that it has a list of both freedom fighters AND Razzakars. Don't think any other district wiki page has that.

Reading the Razakar list, I felt an emptiness inside, a bit pain.

And I also felt, I love my country a lot more than I thought.

Sohel
September 4, 2011, 05:56 AM
Mix and match:

I. District

1. Bogur'ha

2. Kur'higram

3. Borguna

4. Borishal

5. Noakhali

6. Sa(n)diga(n)

7. Kushtia

II. Stereotype: