PDA

View Full Version : Concentration level

fwullah
February 26, 2004, 11:46 PM
Prothom Alo's report says that the concentration level of our players is not good when there's play of a session consisting of 2 and a half hours.

The last time it happened in Harare as there was rain and most of the Day One was spoilt by it; so which resulted in making a 2hour-session into a 2 and a half hour session.

Any thoughts on that?

I think I heard it before in football that our footballers used to play 60 minute games at the domestic level whereas the International matches are consisting of 90 minutes. That's why our footballers can't concentrate for the last 30 minutes of a game in an International match. May be the same thing is happening with our cricketers, whether this is for 2 and a half hour session or a 5-day test match.

FaltuRidwanBhai
February 27, 2004, 12:21 AM
jaihok,
kothata kintu mittha bole amar mone hoi na. shudhui prothom alo noi, khodh bashar tini kintu nijai ai kotha shikar korechen. asha korbo eta shotto hobe na. asha korbo they will be able to keep their concentration. dannabad.

rafiq
February 27, 2004, 11:54 AM
FW, when did our domestic football league play 60 minute games? That is the most absurd thing I have heard today, and I hear absurd things on an hourly basis.

Pundit
February 27, 2004, 12:34 PM
I have never seen a division game (1,2,3) lasting less than 90 minutes.

Agree with Mr. Rafiq, I think this will be the most absurd thing I have heard in ages. I am practically laughing my sock off - don't know why, but it must be the casual way with which you (FW) mention it. Must have been pee-wee football.

Navarene
February 27, 2004, 12:51 PM
Rafique, she said that she "heard it before in football that our footballers used to play 60 minute games". She didn't come out with her statement for any affirmation on what she heard. This way we could be more patient to give her a benefit of doubt about her "ignorance" (if any) of our domestic football league.

Btw, I found our Pundit's reaction a bit arrogant, but hey this is an another story :)

Ahmed_B
February 27, 2004, 01:41 PM
ya i agree..
patience n concentration both are missing frm our players in long sessions, matches or series. they r not realy used to 'heavy duty' professional sport!

they lack both the mental and the physical ability i suppose.

perhaps this is the most important reason for our cricketers almost never being able to concentrate in the second innings whn they r playing a 5 day test match... they just all seem to be in a hurry to go back to the pavillion! :P

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by crickethorizon]

SS
February 27, 2004, 01:45 PM
players not only lack concentration but also they lack the dedication playing for the country...they just play to score runs for themselves...and score fifty so that they can get praised by coach, team mates and audience in gallery,who gets excited to see fours and sixes only!!!

Optimist
February 27, 2004, 02:58 PM
I don't know when was it but I seem to remember our football league duration was shorter, more like 40 minutes per half. I might be wrong though. But I certainly remember seeing some comments like that back in the late 70's regarding the lack of stamina of our footballers

Anyway, Fahmida's point is very much valid............our players seem to loose concentration just before the end of the session. It might be psychological though!

Piranha
February 27, 2004, 03:19 PM
I think her point is: although the games last 90 mins, our players last 60 mins. Efectively, its a 60 mins game for us.

I think a coach said something like that after yet another debacle.

Pundit
February 27, 2004, 03:34 PM
No one is disputing Fahmida's statement ! Its obvious that she was not stating it as a fact. All I was saying is that in context to its style of presentation, it sounded very hilarious !!

Get it, Naverene !! I don't think I was attempting to begin a critique on someone's "Rocket Science" work. Go back and read your own statement...she said, he said, she said...nonsense !! And get off of my back. Fahmida has enough journalistic spunk to be able to defend herself !!

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by Pundit]

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by Pundit]

FaltuRidwanBhai
February 27, 2004, 04:30 PM
jaihok,
kichuta kintu amar mone hochhe misunderstand hoye geche. jar jonno ai poristhitir srishti hoyeche. asha kori keo kaoke bhul buzhbenna. ebong amar mone hoi lack of concentration ar akta karon jeta kintu optimist bhai agai bolechen je psychologica. amar mone hoi sheta kintu oboshhoi akta boro factor. aro akta factor age bola hoto sheta hochhe expereince. kintu amar mone hoi je amader akhon expereince khub akta kharap hoi nee. jaihok. dannabad.

Pundit
February 27, 2004, 05:18 PM
Yes, FRB, despite the continuing string of defeats, we have really improved over the past 5 years -

a) We can score high scores, even if not collectively and consistently
b) We are able to bowl out mighty batting line ups instead of letting others walk to an embarassing score of 555/3
c) We get a lot of photo-op fielding shots
d) Khaled Mashud is one heck of a cool customer behind the stumps