PDA

View Full Version : Delay - Day 2 - Start delayed due to water logged outfield

syedmahm
February 27, 2004, 02:24 AM

syedmahm
February 27, 2004, 02:27 AM
bad news as overnight rain has just componded the problem in the outfield. The areas that were wet yesterday seem to be in a worse condition and play for day 2 is under doubt. The sun once again is out, but the heavy rain last night is the
major problem and not good news. There will not be an inspection again until after lunch at 12:40
but chances of play are remote

Ahmed_B
February 27, 2004, 02:38 AM
i wonder how they schedule their matches on venues and seasons most likely to get affected by seasonal rain washout!

rafiq
February 27, 2004, 08:01 AM
they should just abandon the match or reschedule for 5 days. what is the point of playing now? bad luck for us as all the zim injuries are probably healed! but I don't think the groundsmen were in on a conspiracy, there is just too much rain. Bangaldesh gets the worst time of the year to tour - that's what happens when you are at the bottom!:(

SS
February 27, 2004, 08:09 AM
Zimbos will never do that..we got the win and the series...now BD should get prepared for one day series..and this time no excuse cuz it will be our almost 80th one day experience!!!!

Beamer
February 27, 2004, 12:04 PM
I wish the ICC could restructure the remaining fixture in Zimbabwe. We can play 3 ODI's instead of 5 and use the extra days for a new test match. Also, the exihibiton one day game can be postponed to accomodate the test match.

FaltuRidwanBhai
February 27, 2004, 12:44 PM
jaihok, aro akti din kintu brithay chole gelo. akhon ar mone hoi na ai test match khelar kono proyojon ache ar karo. karon amar mone hoi je ai test ar moodtai kintu noshto hoye geche. akhon notun kore akta khela uchit kingba aita pura cancel kore dawa uchit. dannabad.

Rubu
February 27, 2004, 02:39 PM
If Mr. Rain allows play, there are only 3 days left. As a result, it can be said that it is a 3 day match. So, we beat Zim A in 3 day match. We might do that to senior team as well.

hope beyond hope. hhe hhe.

Piranha
February 27, 2004, 03:16 PM
This really sucks. Makes me feel awful when I realize that we lost the test series only because of <strong> 15 minutes of madness!!!</strong>

Will another golden opprtunity like this come in the next few years?

Sigh

Rubu
February 27, 2004, 03:28 PM
i can't say it was a complete madness.
that would mean looking at blig's credit short. he took TWO wickets. i mean not only they played well, but ampires help them as well. now, god is helping them, because in this test, they were half powered because of injury. how can we win if "gods and ampires" are all for zims?

fais
February 27, 2004, 04:07 PM
why is the ZCU just sitting around. they should go to the ICC and ask for the test match to be rescheduled or to start a new test match with five days from tomorrow.
Lucky zimbos now they probably have blignaut all relaxed and healed up. :mad::mad: