View Full Version : Rescheduling of Bulawayo Test

February 28, 2004, 02:09 AM
Bulawayo: The second cricket Test between Zimbabwe and Bangladesh has been re-scheduled for Saturday due to the prospect of further rain that had already delayed the match.

After consulting with the Queens Sports Club grounds superintendent Noel Pick, and listening to distant thunder, umpires David Orchard and Neil Mallender decided it was not possible to start.

A large area of the outfield remains unplayable in spite of long sunny periods and the efforts of ground staff. The match, if it does eventually get under way on Saturday, will be over three days, making a result unlikely, especially with more rain forecast.

The problem was caused by water running off the protected square in one slightly downhill direction and gathering in the area occupied by third man or long on. With nowhere else to go, the water settled and turned to mud.

Zimbabwe, having won the first Test in Harare by 183 runs, are one up in the series. Bangladesh were hoping for their first victory against a Zimbabwe side which has injury problems. It would be their first at this level and would square the series.

An early start is planned for Saturday, but that will depend largely on overnight weather conditions.

Source (http://www.thatscricket.com/2004/test_series/zim-bang/2702bulawayo.html#)

February 28, 2004, 02:19 AM
if Mr. Rain allows we'll have a fresh start of the test, and hope for a win or an earned draw (not one gifted by rain).

February 28, 2004, 02:37 AM
Is it true there will be 5 more days for this test? I did not see anywhere beside this...

Hope there will be another 5 days to play.. but cannot believe it without ICC/ZCU statement.

February 28, 2004, 02:59 AM
me too, I also did not find this information in ICC or bbc websites. Is thatscricket.com is reliable, from where they got the information!!

February 28, 2004, 03:08 AM
Looking for other sources. So far no luck.

February 28, 2004, 03:22 AM
Is AFP reliable? coz at the bottom of the article u will find it says "afp.com"

February 28, 2004, 10:12 AM
this still appears to be a 3 day match. and they are already talking about how BD may still escape with another rain-affected draw. I hope the team shows a little more spine over the next 2 days.

February 28, 2004, 03:10 PM
I've a proposal. lets we all sign a pitition and sent it to www.thatscricket.com and ask them to change the name of the website to:

February 29, 2004, 03:31 AM
ur being hard on them... its an AFP report.