PDA

View Full Version : football world cup qualifiers

fais
February 28, 2004, 11:17 AM
can somebody please explain to me why brazil has to qualify for the 2006 WC when they are the reigning champs. I thought the champions always automatically qualify for the next world cup. isn't that what happened for france when they won the 1998 WC and got into the 2002 WC.

Navarene
February 28, 2004, 11:45 AM
As far as I know, the FIFA has ruled out the automatic inclusion of a former champion in the final round of world cup. From now on, every nation have to go thru the qualifying round to qualify for the final round of WC.

James90
February 28, 2004, 11:33 PM
Except the hosts?

Rubu
March 2, 2004, 05:25 PM
yeah, i'd like to know that too. but i can't believe they can rule out the host. see, who will be the host is decided around 4 years before the tournament. at that time no one knows who will qualify. and if it happens that a country hosts the cup but doesn't qualify there will be tremandous loss of fifa because doesn't matter where, home crowd is the biggest crowd. can't think fifa will risk that. so, i'm not sure what the rule is but believe that hosts will autometically qualify.

Sami
March 2, 2004, 06:14 PM
Only the hosts are the automatic qualifiers... everyone else has to play the qualifying games... its dumb I know to have the reigning champs fight it out... dunno why they made it like this...

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 2, 2004, 07:12 PM
jaihok, niyomta kintu shotti khubi intesting. eta jodi erokom hoi tahole amra keno akbar ayojon kori na ki bolen. taholeo akbarer jonno holeo bangladesh bishhokap football a khelte parbe. karon quality kore to ar khelar moton joggota amader nai. dannabad.

Sami
March 3, 2004, 04:13 AM
FRB.. amra obossoi ayojon kortay pari... bishshocup e 3 khelai 100 ta goal khawar record ta sheibaar hoye jabe... ;) ar cricket er jonne jotogulo stadium banano holo shob football er jonne diye deete hobe... hmmm.... bhebe dekhar moton bishoi... ki bolen? :P