PDA

View Full Version : why is this collapse worse?

Beamer
February 28, 2004, 01:17 PM
In the final analysis of things this collapse is worse than the other ones that we are so used to in our middle order. We got a good start from the openers this time around. After the first dismissal, the flood gates opened once again as batsman after batsman departed. Only difference being, both rajin and ashraful playing 30 odd balls each without contributing any runs and then getting out. That is worse. Had they come and gone in quick succession it would have been just another collapse, but the no4 and no5 batsmen somewhat settled, played enough balls, only to give away wkts slashing and edging outside offstump. However, the pitch is a difficult one to play with, specially after all the rain and the moisture lingering around. It was bad toss to lose. Our bowlers would have done well as well. We are looking at a 160 type of score here from us. Lets see what tomorrow holds for us

billah
February 28, 2004, 01:56 PM
This is what I think (posted on another thread also):

It wasn't all that bad under such adverse conditions.

We'll see how chubby and his team bats tomorrow when we grind them down.

I'll bet it ain't gonna be preety for them either!

Navarene
February 28, 2004, 02:07 PM
I'd like to add one more thing about Bangladesh innings. I think we also showed a negetive attitude by holding back the stroke play and counter attack the mediocre Zimbo bowlers(except for Streak). No matter how inevitable is the result as a draw, they should have shown some aggression while batting. "Na morei bhut" hobar moto obostha.

This attitude shows that they are scared like hell that they might even lose inside 3 days. When you don't grow the habit to show some positive attitude to put yourself in a winning position, you will eventually be in the back foot. This is what happened after 88/5.

[Edited on 28-2-2004 by Navarene]

Piranha
February 28, 2004, 02:22 PM
I think the stategy of the batting slowly was a good one. After so much rain, no one knew how the pitch would react - it makes sense to take it slowly.

At the end of the day it all biols down to poor shot selections. Neither rain, nor strategy had much do do with it.

kkakash
February 28, 2004, 07:56 PM
Our team is very poor at batting, they are still struggling with batting shot selection.

Lets face regardless of the climate or conditions i don't think our team would have any better.

Rubu
February 28, 2004, 08:06 PM
during the sujon era, it seemed like we had a red card in our team and are playing with ten. now that he is gone, we still have the same problem because selectors choose a captain who doesn't have the ability to lead a team. a shy and irresponsible person. i said this before and i'll keep saying it. only if sumon could play his natural play, our situation would be much better. i know lots of u would disagree with me about sumon. but, just look at the score board. if sumon survived, ash or rajin didn't have to come in and all would look good. i don't remember sumon having a bat patch during england tour. he didn't even had that at the first innings (against namibia). as soon as he reliazed (from the first match against namibia) that he is captain, he squized into himself. and nothing will happen until we set him free.

BangladeshCricket
February 28, 2004, 10:56 PM
if other captains(like Ponting,Tendu,even Streak) can bat why not he...so it'z the way we play or learn cricket...it'z the nervousness and may be lack of techniques...if we don't change these I guess more suffers are about to come in future.

capslock
February 28, 2004, 11:32 PM
jaihok,

ami kintu ekhon theke falturidwanbhai er nokol korbo, ei ashay je uni 'jaihok' ebong 'kintu' shobdo dutor babohar komie diben.

FaltuRidwanBhai
February 28, 2004, 11:59 PM
jonab capslock,
apni nokol korte paren kono oshubidha nai. but i dont think it will be a good idea. because i have already start using that. it might be a better idea if you come up with a new idea. well i am not saying that i have started using those words. but still. anyway its up to you. dannabad.