PDA

View Full Version : Is the pressure of Cap. getting to Basher?

kkakash
February 28, 2004, 08:06 PM
Many people assume that Basher is our best batsman. But is he worth the captain. Is the pressure and responsibility of being a captain finally getting to him? I sincerely hope this under performance is about soon change or else he will soon be sacked and embarrased. something i am really not prepared to see.

:fire:

Rubu
February 28, 2004, 08:09 PM
have a look at "let him breathe" thread. i think they are about the same topic. and u'll see my opinion there. so, i'm not writing it again here.

kkakash
February 28, 2004, 08:12 PM
I agree, i think bowlers are better captains, let rafiq be that player for now

kkakash
February 28, 2004, 08:14 PM
i take it back, regardless of who is the captain right now, the outcome will still remain the same, that is bd will lose.

thats the bottom line, that what matters.

James90
February 28, 2004, 10:30 PM
When you go out to bat you intend on just batting and doing whats best for your team. When your batting you don't have to think about bowler rotation, field placements. All you have to do is bat! So I don't see how it should affect his batting.

fwullah
February 28, 2004, 11:19 PM
Only 2 mathes and 3 innings has gone by, among which, only one innings was good for the whole Bangladesh team, and the other 2 are disasters.

So we can't yet judge Bashar the captain RIGHT NOW.

rassel
February 29, 2004, 01:00 AM
Since Bashar became a captain his performance has deteriorated badly. I think he is thinking too much about wining a test match or something. He probably thinking that is why he was name a captain by BD board to win a match. If he continues to perform like this, I donít it a good idea to keep him as a captain for his sake and for Bangladesh as well.

PS: it is too early to say anything, but itís just an opinion.

sasharif
February 29, 2004, 03:19 AM
I sincerely think Habibul Bashar is one of our better batesman (since Atahar Ali, Aminul and Nannu), but he does not have any demonestrated leadership ability. More over, he is often lucky while batting. if we look closely, Khaled Masud was our best captain. He always led from the front. Unlike our other captain, his own performance did not detoriate during his term. He is stable in his performance, one of our senior players and capable of scoring at least 20-30 runs on avarage (despite odd half centuries from our top orders, how many of them are as consistant as masud?). I think he is our best captain. Bring him back and let Bashar alone, to score only. Then there should be no excuse for his dismal performance.

Hasib
February 29, 2004, 03:26 AM
i agree.

oracle
February 29, 2004, 08:17 AM
Khaled Masud was our best captain. He always led from the front

I think he is our best captain. Bring him back and let Bashar alone, to score only. Then there should be no excuse for his dismal performance.

I fully support your views.
I am gonna get whacked for this but since you opened the thread I will let it slip.
Masud should have gotten a temporary probation for his WC problems.
He is by far the best candidate for the job for these reasons:

1-Batsman-historically batsmen are still better captains. Wicketkeepres have been excellent models too.
2-plus age and experience .. he has seen it all.
3-his batting is not crucial, it is rear end. If he does not perform with the bat on a certain day the team will not go down.
4-He performs equally well both at ODI and Test.

Ahmed_B
February 29, 2004, 08:55 AM
it realy is a tough job to stand up as a captain for a struggling team like ours.. not to mention the stress it causes!
he wil hopefully come back to his form with time.. but just one thought :
shud he be replaced further down in the batting order for the time being?
shud he be batting at 4 or 5 just to have some space to breath(and not to give him a feeilng tht he is our only run machine!)??

[Edited on 29-2-2004 by crickethorizon]

sheshprohor
February 29, 2004, 10:57 AM
I disagree of mashud's inclusion as a captain. You all were judging his batting ability during his captaincy....but he at first is a wicket keeper. It is tough (not impossible though) to concentrate on what is going arround the field and the movement of each ball whether there is a chance at the same time. A batsman in my opinion can be the best choice as a batsman (iff...he can keep his own form) and secondly I would go for a baller who is aggrasive in nature (what unfortunately BD doesn't have any).....

So in a nutshell, I am okaying the situation of as it is right now. If you need to have a real captain...wait for some years...Rajin is coming.

Prohor

billah
February 29, 2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by fwullah
Only 2 mathes and 3 innings has gone by, among which, only one innings was good for the whole Bangladesh team, and the other 2 are disasters.

So we can't yet judge Bashar the captain RIGHT NOW.

I agree with this. It's way too early. He needs to ease into his duties as captain. we'll see after a few more matches.

fwullah
February 29, 2004, 11:47 AM
I agree with Sheshprohor.

If Pilot is the captain again, then we will lose to ICC associate teams again - that's as simple as that, even if we forget the facts that most of the players did not like Pilot's bashing on them, and all those fixing and non-fixing sagas.

Ahmed_B
February 29, 2004, 11:52 AM
i agree also.
no more pilot n khaled mashud pls!
wht we hav left behind us isnt so good n we shud not look back for 'gone' captains!
we need fresh n matured ones!
n like fw n seshprohor i wil also giv points to Bashar coz he is well accepted within the team.

[Edited on 29-2-2004 by crickethorizon]

FaltuRidwanBhai
February 29, 2004, 08:57 PM
jaihok,
bashar kintu notun captain. captain hishebe kintu take doler onnanno shodoshhora bhalo bhabai grohon koreche. bashar kintu kebol shuru korlo. akhoni kintu bola jachhe na tini ki shofol na bertho othoba tar shafoller percentage koto. amar age onekai kintu ai aki kotha bole gechen. ami abaro bolchi je bashar baktigoto bhabe hoito khub akta shafollo labh korte parenni ai 2 test a. jodio eta extra pressure ar karone hote pare. tobe ami asha korbo tini shighroi abar run paben. ebong bat a shai shachhondo bojai thakbe jemonta kina chilo mahmud ar shomoy. dannabad.

shaheen
March 1, 2004, 12:05 AM
I do agree with Falturidwan bhai. He need a lot more time to be judged

shaheen
March 1, 2004, 12:07 AM
He also needs our supports as well as from the players and managements:fanflag:

AsifTheManRahman
March 1, 2004, 12:08 AM
More time

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 1, 2004, 12:25 AM
jaihok, kichuta holeo kintu pressure porche amar mone hoi bashar ar upor. ar purotai amar mone hoi manushik. tar upor amader dol akhon jai obosthai ami mone kori jai captain hok shai kintu kichuta holeo nervousness a bhugbe. but i think oneke jeta again bolechen je bashar ke ar aktu shomoy dawa uchit. karon bashar to just shuru korlo. bolte gele matro akti test hoyeche. 2nd test a kintu tar temon akta bhumika chilo na. jaihok.
dannabad.

sasharif
March 1, 2004, 03:09 AM
It is not a matter of time only. A lot depends on natural leadership abilty and instinct. Otherwise Tendulker would have been the Indian Captain for as llong as he is in the team. look at Lara, one of the best batsman of our time but as a captain he is possibly worse than Khalaed Mahmood. He destroyed the intigrity of WI team when courtney Walsh and Carl Hooper wre captains, and the team has not recovered. For existing bangladeshi players, Masud, though not perfect is still the better person for captaincy. Otherwise bring back Aminul.

fy288
March 1, 2004, 05:06 AM
Bashar is respected by the players, he is by far the best batsman in the team and with Rafique, jointly our best player. Believe me he will soon recover, all good players do. So give him time, captincy is not easy.

:lol:

Tintin
March 1, 2004, 08:04 AM
From the second innnings of the Darwin test to the first innings at Multan, Bashar was either the top scorer or the second highest scorer in all the eight innings.

In all the tests in 2003 till the first innings as Multan, he was no.1 or 2 in 11 of the 13 innings.

In the 8 innings since then he was never the top scorer, and was the second highest twice (58 & 21) . The other six innings were 3, 2, 18, 0, 0 and 4.

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by Tintin]

Ahmed_B
March 1, 2004, 08:55 AM
... probably we r worried too much about the captaincy coz the whol teams performance is so bad!

but guys.. can captaincy alone solve the prob? dont the players also need to be improved?? :duh:

Pundit
March 1, 2004, 11:31 AM
Pressure getting to Bashar ? Maybe ?

But so what ?? He is our captain, our new captain, and we should be 100% behind him !!

Honestly, the BD cricket team's captain probably has the hardest job in Bangladesh ! If I were in his shoes, I would turn around and tell the fans- FO !! He is not accountable to the fans.

I really didn't want Bashar as our captain - but never had a better alternative. Khaled Mahmud was probably the best so far, but we know the baggage he was carrying. Rafique would have been ideal in the sense that his perfo would have been less impacted, but who knows what his drawbacks he might have had - like being a snoozer whenever he wasn't bowling.

So this is what I will be doing, from my point of view - I will be praying really hard for Bashar, and hope that he comes out of the rut very very soon.

fwullah
March 1, 2004, 12:22 PM
Topic by TinTin: Good old days

Multan is history. We didn't win it then because we had many weaknesses, which until now, we were unable to overcome.

The whole team played good in the Pakistan series. And now the whole team is playing poorly first against England and now against Zimbabwe.

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 1, 2004, 02:52 PM
jaihok,
2nd test kintu ami count kori na. karon pitch ar obostha ashole ki chilo sheta kintu amra janina. tobe prothom test ar 1st innings a bangladesh kintu chomotkar koreche. tobe 2nd innings a kharap kheleche eta bolar opekkha rakhe na. tobe erokom oghonton hoye thake. tobe bangladesh doler upor kintu amar purno astha royeche. hotash hobar kintu ami kichu dekhchi na. bashar to keboli ashlen. i think take ar aktu time dawa dorkar. ar age amar mone hoi kichu expect kora thik na. ebong ami aro moni kori australia ebong pakistan a bangladesh jerokom perform koreche sheta kintu tara bojai rakhbe. eta shotto je bangladesh england ar birudhhe kharap kheleche. kintu record dekhle kintu dekha jabe je bangladesh kintu nijer matite aro beshi kharap kore. so oita ami khub akta count korbo na. karon dhakar mathe peleyarra always chaper mukhe thakbe. bishesh kore england jokhon eshechilo tokhon mahmud ar obostha kintu chilo korun. mathe tini kintu chilen chorom chaper mukhe. jar karone ami mone kori je tini aro beshi bertho hoyechilen. dannabad.

Rubu
March 1, 2004, 07:03 PM
Most of the posts in this thread started with agree or disagree. why not me.

i don't agree with fwullah. its not only 2match and 3 innings. its 7 matches and 10 innings, including namibia and practice match.
i agree with those who opposed pilots captency. we already tested him. what did we get? moreover, who can spend late night outside on a night before a very important match (against kenya last world cup) doesn't deserve to be a leader. we know how that effected his play next day.

Ahmed_B
March 2, 2004, 10:49 AM
Mr. Ridwan..

amader hoyto next several monthes prepared thaka uchit for som 'not so good performance'.. karon BD team onek improvekoreche -i agree with u.. but kichu 'Temperament' problem khub besi affect korche team-ke (whatmore nijeo ta admit korechen!)
ei muhurte amader prob jotota skills er tar chaite onek beshi Temperament er
and in my opinion.. time and experience is the only cure to it!!
the good thing i see in som very few young players, (i.e. rajin saleh, tapash, ashraful).. is that sometimes they do show the nerves against tough conditions and teams..
we just need this courage to build up as a team!! and i am optimist!! :D