PDA

View Full Version : Alamgir Kabir coming back, Monju in for ODI

Nasif
February 29, 2004, 04:14 PM
Prothom Alo reports today that Kabir is coming back. He wasn't cosidered for ODI. Monju will probably be playing in ODI in his slot.

Then there is Mahmud, hopefully they won't put him in! I would have kicked out Mahmud and kept Kabir.

FaltuRidwanBhai
February 29, 2004, 08:46 PM
jaihok, alomgir kintu fire jachhen. ebong dole kintu jog dichhen mahmud. oboshho kobri ar jaigai mahmudke nawa hochhe na. monju alomgir ar jaigai khelche eta kintu nasif bhai thiki bolechen. ar aki onnotomo karon jeta sheta hochhe one day te bolerder modhhe 2nd lowest run per over kintu monjur. first lowest hochhe mushfiq ar. ebong dole kintu akjon bam hati fast bowler thaka proyojon. tai kintu monjuke rakha hochhe alomgir ar jaigai. durbhaggo alomgir. test a jaiga peyechilen. kintu khela kintu tar pokkhe shombhob holo na.

rafiq
March 1, 2004, 04:18 AM
if true, these decisions are being made prematurely. What if kabir takes 5 wickets in zimbabwe's first innings? since monir hasn't played much, why wouldn't they send him back over kabir?

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 1, 2004, 10:48 AM
rafiq bhai, monir kintu fire jachhen injuryr karone. tobe durbhaggo kabir 5 ti keno 1ti wicket o kintu nite parenni. shompurno bertho ami bolbo. 8 over a run diyechen 38 tir moton amar mone hoi. ebong kabir ke fire ana hobe ki hobe na eta kintu akhono churanto hoi nee. karon coach kintu ashole shobaikai rakhte chan. dekha jak shesh porjonto ki hoi. dannabad.

fwullah
March 1, 2004, 11:48 AM
Anwar Hossain Monir is already back in Bangladesh.

Frankly speaking, I don't think there's much of a difference between Tareq Aziz and Alamgir Kabir.

But there's a BIG HUGE GAP between Tapash Baisya and Tareq/Alamgir. You can observe this without even watching the match on TV (from the scorecards).

fwullah
March 1, 2004, 12:00 PM
Anwar Hossain Monir is already back in Bangladesh.

Frankly speaking, I don't think there's much of a difference between Tareq Aziz and Alamgir Kabir.

But there's a BIG HUGE GAP between Tapash Baisya and Tareq/Alamgir. You can observe this without even watching the match on TV (from the scorecards).

Also, I think the team management knows that Alamgir is not going to take 5 wicket haul (so far, he may be could have taken 1 wicket - the wicket of Ebrahim; which was dropped short to Bashar); which would have been his maiden test wicket FROM 3 TESTS.

After a long time, I've seen Alamgir Kabir, frankly speaking, I thought that there's no difference between Alamgir Kabir and you know who? ( :) Sujon). However, Alamgir Kabir is the perfect example of what 2 years of staying outside the national team does for you. He has improved his attitude in batting a lot.

Yes, although he is a fast bowler, any youngster who comes in to play his debut test match, should be trying to defend a ball, or at least attempt to defend a ball; i.e., not give a BIG WHOOSH and get out first ball duck in both innings of his debut test; which Alamgir did.

After 1 full year, I am now impressed that his attitude has changed a lot. He now tries to defend first, and then sometimes shows his natural instinct, and that is, to give a BIG WHOOSH at anything from time to time. I can bet that this is all became possible for Whatmore's influence on him; and the influence of staying in the national team, but not in the main team of eleven.

Now about his bowling - I don't think his bowling has improved much - after his debut test against Sri Lanka during 2002. I also think that his bowling has reached at such a peak from where he can FINALLY get the nod to get into the national team. Did that make sense? Ok, here is what I am trying to say - those people who selected him earlier to play him in test matches in 2002 against Sri Lanka, and then in 2003 against Pakistan, they did not do justice to this young player.

But hey, isn't that what we are doing to all our current younger players in Hannan, Ashraful, Kapali? May be only Rajin does not deserve to be in that category. But he also, did not show ENOUGH at the 'A' team level or in the domestic level of cricket before coming in to play for Bangladesh at the International stage.

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 2, 2004, 12:42 AM
jaihok,
akti chomotkar biboronir jonno kintu apnake onek onek dhonnobad. kabir ebong aziz tara kintu ashole same categoryr boler kothata kintu apni bhul bolenni. bangladesh doler best 3 jon fast boler ar nam jodi bolte hoi tahole ami bolbo nishhondehe mashri taposh ebong shai durbhaggo sharif jake kintu akhono injury peye bosheche. ar por jar nam ami bolbo she holo manjurul. ebong ar por ashchen mushfiq ebong shujonra. tobe ami kabirke shojon ar shathe compare korte chai na. i think shujon is much better than kabir. shujon may not have pace but he has skills he is more experienced so i think he is much better than kabir. kapali sarkar rajin ebong ashraful shommondhe je kotha ami bolte chai sheta hochhe je amader shob shomoy akta udeshho chilo test status pawar por jeta hochhe amra beshi kore torun peleyar nibo jate kore they can stay in the team for a longer time. so that they can get more experienced and better players over time. ai jonnoi kintu taderke nawa hoyeche. ai jonnoi kintu ashole taderke domestic level a khub akta perform korte hoi nee. karon oi shomoy ar kono substitute chilo na oishob position a. chilo nannu chilo akram bulbul tokhono chilo. kintu oije abaro oi boyosher beparta ashche. jar karone kintu expereince thakleo kintu shesh porjonto taderke na niye ai torunderke newa hoyeche. dannabad.