PDA

View Full Version : BD vs Zim Test Two Day Five

chinaman
March 1, 2004, 02:26 AM
Morning from Bulawayo, and surprise surprise, there is no rain. Play will for the first time in 5 days start on time plenty of sawdust all over the field. There is some wind, but blowing the wrong way for any local rain, but having lost 4 days the chances of a result is slight.

syedmahm
March 1, 2004, 02:27 AM
From cricinfo.com

surprise, there is no rain
Play will for the first time in 5 days start on time
plenty of sawdust all over the field
There is some wind, but blowing the wrong way for any local rain,
but having lost 4 days the chances of a result is slight
The pitch having been covered for most of the time looks a lot like
a day one pitch should

chinaman
March 1, 2004, 02:32 AM
37.3 Hondo to Mushfiqur Rahman, OUT: full, on line, plays across the line, into the pads, stuck on the crease.

syedmahm
March 1, 2004, 02:32 AM
another wicket fell

chinaman
March 1, 2004, 02:36 AM
Bangladesh: 90/6 (38.0 ov)

It's Rana and Pilot, once again.

chinaman
March 1, 2004, 02:46 AM
39.3 Hondo to Manjural Islam Rana, no run, down the leg side again, left right combination causing him problems runs in this time and drops the ball caught his thumb in his pocket.

What a commentary :wow:

sasharif
March 1, 2004, 02:57 AM
They should declare with out delay to spare us more humiliation and also to give the bowlers some practice.

chinaman
March 1, 2004, 03:05 AM
Two threads merged.

shaheen
March 1, 2004, 03:16 AM
we lost Mushfiq too!

chinaman
March 1, 2004, 03:19 AM
Dear shaheen

We already have a thread for this topic. Please make new thread for new topic only.

I'll merge it to that thread in few min. Cheers.

shaheen
March 1, 2004, 03:35 AM
Dear Moderator
Thanks for ur comment

sohasan
March 1, 2004, 03:38 AM
Are we heading to a Draw ?

Hasib
March 1, 2004, 03:47 AM
LOL... what do u think?!!! :D

shaheen
March 1, 2004, 03:56 AM
Pilot LBW 126/7

Hasib
March 1, 2004, 03:58 AM
well... we r going to be bowled out no doubt about that.

shaheen
March 1, 2004, 03:59 AM
may be it will be raining again
Better we declare the innings now

shaheen
March 1, 2004, 04:02 AM
Now see whether Ervine will get his five or not

raju
March 1, 2004, 04:07 AM
since alamgir is going back after test.....this guy should be given a chance to bowl

raju
March 1, 2004, 04:08 AM
59.4 Price to Manjural Islam Rana, one run, on the lap sweep, short
square leg gets hands to it, cant hold on, third catch put down
this session

raju
March 1, 2004, 04:09 AM
:fire::mad::mad::mad::mad::fire:

raju
March 1, 2004, 04:09 AM

shaheen
March 1, 2004, 04:10 AM
I do agree Alamgir shld given a chance

Hasib
March 1, 2004, 04:11 AM
This is now rana's highest test score...allahr-rahmatha... 38 not out.

shaheen
March 1, 2004, 04:13 AM
At least we batted for 60 overs not less then 50 overs (thus it proved that we played test WOW!!
)

Hasib
March 1, 2004, 04:14 AM
Wisden overview
Bangladesh’s Development XI didn’t exactly live up to their billing when they were bundled to a thumpingly one-sided defeat in a one-day warm-up match against England in 2003-04. But for the young left-arm spinner, Manjural Islam Rana, there was a silver lining. His two cheap wickets, allied to a no-holds-barred 47 in a futile run-chase, were enough to earn him an international debut in the first ODI at Chittagong. Taking the place of Bangladesh’s first-choice spinner, Mohammad Rafique, he celebrated by dismissing the England captain, Michael Vaughan, with his third ball – the first instance of a Bangladeshi taking a wicket in his first international over. Andrew Miller

Source- Cricinfo

I neva knew he was the 1st bangladeshi to take a wicket in his 1st over... i mean i knew he did take a wicket in his 1st over... (yeahyeah i know thats bad english... but at the moment i'm doing maths...)

shaheen
March 1, 2004, 04:17 AM
TAPASH OUT!

shaheen
March 1, 2004, 04:20 AM
62.1 Friend to Manjural Islam Rana, one run, outside off, slashed cut,
Ervine this time drops it at gully, number 4 in the session

shaheen
March 1, 2004, 04:25 AM
Price to Manjural Islam Rana, OUT: pushed forward, edges, Taibu
gets gloves to it, fumbles, takes on the second attempt

Bangladesh 144/9, Partnership of 7
Manjural Islam Rana c Taibu b Price 39 (87b 3x4 0x6)
Mohammad Rafique 6* (9b 1x4) RW Price 2.1-0-7-2

shaheen
March 1, 2004, 04:27 AM
We may see bd fielding before lunch.
Al least we will see bd pace attack? with three quick bowlers

crickipagol
March 1, 2004, 04:28 AM
If zimbos get onto their act properly, they could go for a win, BY TODAY! When Bangladesh is an opponent, anything is possible. Are we that easy, or what?:-/

Hasib
March 1, 2004, 04:30 AM
errr.... i don't think its possible... inshallah will be a draw.

chinaman
March 1, 2004, 04:57 AM
Our tailenders are the best or what?

crickipagol
March 1, 2004, 05:07 AM
Waiting for that day, when both the ends will perform simultaneously.....:cool:

chinaman
March 1, 2004, 05:07 AM
The final act of a match which lost any purpose a couple of days ago got underway on time at Bulawayo, the fifth day of the second Test actually starting promptly under cloudy skies and with rain unlikely given the stiff breeze.

With only 37.1 over bowled so far, the match has to be a draw ... unless Heath Streak wants to gamble. If Zimbabwe could bowl out Bangladesh quickly, forfeit their first innings and bowl them out cheaply for a second time, there is a remote chance that Zimbabwe could snatch a dramatic victory. But it is just that, remote, and Streak is more likely to let the day meander its course and take the series win.

As a contest, this game has long since ceased to have any meaning. The complete washout of the first, third and fourth days meant that even the hapless Bangladeshis couldn't fail to secure a draw. It will be only the second time in 28 matches that Bangladesh will have avoided defeat. The other was also against Zimbabwe - at Dhaka in November 2001 - and on that occasion it was also the weather which was the dominant factor.

Source >>> (http://plus.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2004/MAR/082095_ZIMBDESH2003-04_01MAR2004.html)

crickipagol
March 1, 2004, 05:12 AM
After reading the post above.....

It seems I am not the only one who thought in the crazy way.

chinaman: As you have suggested.

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by crickipagol]

chinaman
March 1, 2004, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by crickipagol

It seems I am not the only one who thought in the same way.

A little correction, may I?

... in the same crazy way.

fy288
March 1, 2004, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by chinaman
Our tailenders are the best or what?

Time and again my friend, time and again!!
And now they are capable of taking 20 wickets. The batsmen should take a leaf out of their book.

THE TAILENDERS SHOULD OPEN THE BATTING!!! Sounds crazy, but it could happen if the top order continue to flop although Sarkar and Hossain played well.

fwullah
March 1, 2004, 05:19 AM
Bangladesh have batted well so far, 9 down for 160 odd; which includes 4 (or more) catch drops by the Zimbabweans of Monjurul Rana and also after 5 wickets down for 88, 160 runs total can be considered a good score.

fwullah
March 1, 2004, 05:22 AM
Mushfique has flopped with the duck of this 2nd test match. But considering that Sujon could have scored only 2 to 10 runs per innings, Mushfique's 44 looks Ok; but we have to remember the fact that Mushfique was also dropped when he was on 0 off the bowling of Price.

So I am thinking, may be 1 or 2 guys who are all-rounders (seamers) from the Under-19 World cup will come into the national side pretty soon and will replace Mushfique.

rafiq
March 1, 2004, 05:48 AM
Giving up on Mushfiq so soon are we? Sigh...

Anyway, what is up with these 168/169 scores against Zim? We just tied the lowest score by us against Zimbabwe in Zimbabwe. And rafique couldn't go past his highest score which was low 30s.. he didn't come in before tapash as he normally does, that may have hurt him.

other than that I am glad I got some sleep during this series...

fy288
March 1, 2004, 05:48 AM
Bangladesh all out for 168, Kabir only survived the first four balls after lunch.

raju
March 1, 2004, 06:03 AM
1.4 Alamgir Kabir to Ebrahim, one run, comes forward, batting way
outside the crease, edges short of slip, fumble gives them one
:fanflag:

raju
March 1, 2004, 06:06 AM
2.3 Tapash Baisya to Ebrahim, OUT: forward, away swing, edge to 2nd
slip
:fanflag::fanflag::fanflag::fanflag::flag::flag:

raju
March 1, 2004, 06:10 AM
3.1 Alamgir Kabir to Gripper, FOUR, drives straight to mid off,
straight through his legs
:fire::(

fwullah
March 1, 2004, 06:24 AM
Mike Haysman, the commentator is repeating that captain Bashar, and the rest of the slips should know BY NOW where to stand. They're now standing too far behind.

But obviously, they don't know YET where to stand.

I think this simple example can be a good indication as to the knowledge of our players; and one of the many reasons why we are not unable to win until now. I think Ebrahim gave a catch earlier before he went out to slips, to Bashar, which was dropped short.

fy288
March 1, 2004, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by fwullah
Mike Haysman, the commentator is repeating that captain Bashar, and the rest of the slips should know BY NOW where to stand. They're now standing too far behind.

I think this simple example can be a good indication as to the knowledge of our players; and one of the many reasons why we are not unable to win until now. I think Ebrahim gave a catch earlier before he went out to slips, to Bashar, which was dropped short.

The little things are the most important things. :mad:

raju
March 1, 2004, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by fy288

The little things are the most important things. :mad:

not always.......sometime 'little thing' doesnt work......u need big 'thing':D:lol::P

bad joke I guess!!:fanflag:

sage
March 1, 2004, 06:36 AM
Why don't they play 3 test w zimbabwe?

fy288
March 1, 2004, 06:40 AM
Zimbabwe think they are too good for us, coz nearly all test nations play 2 tests against us they think they can do the same. It should have been definitely been a 3 test series at least. However there will be 5 ODI which we will probably lose 5-0. Bangladesh are a better test side than ODI?:info:

sage
March 1, 2004, 06:43 AM
Are we playing West Indies any time soon? They are not doing well now. If we can get a 3 test Series something good might come out!!

fy288
March 1, 2004, 06:46 AM
We are away to the West Indies in May/June to play 2 tests and 3 ODI. The last time we played them we gave them a scare in the 2nd test in Bangladesh. Kapali played really well in that game.

fwullah
March 1, 2004, 06:47 AM
At 31/1, Carlisle survived an lbw shout off Baisya, in courtesy of umpire Mellinder.

sage
March 1, 2004, 06:56 AM
Carlisle need to go. He is injured.

sage
March 1, 2004, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by fy288
We are away to the West Indies in May/June to play 2 tests and 3 ODI. The last time we played them we gave them a scare in the 2nd test in Bangladesh. Kapali played really well in that game.

That will be interesting.

fwullah
March 1, 2004, 06:59 AM
There has been a huge discussion about Monjurul Islam and Alamgir Kabir among the Zimbabweans.

They are quite surprised to see Monjurul Islam out of this 2nd test, and also asking Atahar Ali as to why Monjurul is not playing in this test having so much experience; and why Alamgir Kabir was not played in the 1st test when Atahar gave the excuse of experience.

sage
March 1, 2004, 07:01 AM
Alamgir or Tareq in the first test would be a good scare.

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by sage]

fwullah
March 1, 2004, 07:07 AM
Alamgir Kabir is a very new player (bowler). Is that the reason why we are missing the following point?

He has been bowling 90 percent of his balls inswingers. And yet, there have been attacking fielders including 3 slips in the off side.

sage
March 1, 2004, 07:11 AM
Alamgir Kabir is a very new player (bowler). Is that the reason why we are missing the following point?

He has been bowling 90 percent of his balls inswingers. And yet, there have been attacking fielders including 3 slips in the off side.

That seems ok though!! How is Alamgirs pace?

sage
March 1, 2004, 07:18 AM
If inswinger has good velocity then right hand batsman will give lot of toss to slip. Atleast by theory.

sage
March 1, 2004, 07:37 AM
(sigh) cannot watch the game in TV. On the other hand it might be a good thing.:cool2:

Hasib
March 1, 2004, 07:49 AM
WHATMORE?!!! What the hell are you doing?!!! :fire:

SS
March 1, 2004, 08:18 AM
what is the situation now??
will this test will be a draw?? or how it will work though..any news

Hasib
March 1, 2004, 08:24 AM
http://plus.cricinfo.com/db/NEW/LIVE/frames/BDESH_ZIM_T2_26FEB-01MAR2004.html

AGC
March 1, 2004, 08:36 AM
Both Gripper and Carlisle got their half centuries....

AGC
March 1, 2004, 08:46 AM
Gripper is out at last.

Navarene
March 1, 2004, 08:56 AM
Can't bear the humiliation anymore. This was the same wicket where Bashar and Co. batted and was wrapped up so quickly. Did the pitch turn up to be a batting paradise for Zimbo all of a sudden?

Ahmed_B
March 1, 2004, 09:12 AM
everything going ZIM's way so far!
they got all the good news n we the bad ones.

Navarene
March 1, 2004, 09:18 AM
damn...stop this Carlisle before he reaches 100 :mad: or its gonna be the first century of this tour

SS
March 1, 2004, 09:43 AM
this is the pitch we batted...in this pitch we got out playing across the line...we fell apart like a fragile glass one after another...i don't expect them to score hundreds..atleast a 30 could have gave us little hope..what our players get frm giving away their wkts?

AGC
March 1, 2004, 10:06 AM
For the past few months, I have blindy supported the BD cricket team. This tour makes me realise how crap we actually are. Theres no point anymore. We suck!

Navarene
March 1, 2004, 10:24 AM
wowwwwwwwww...we drew this test! Haat Taaliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiii

fwullah
March 1, 2004, 10:27 AM
the test match only proved that we didn't improve much, and that the Pakistan series was something that we played really good in.

And in other series, we are showing our true colors. Because the England series was certainly a very similar to this one in Zimbabwe.

SS
March 1, 2004, 10:36 AM
Now I am more scared to see the team's performance..if this would be a regular test match we wouldn't be able to draw even the way Zimbos were batting....we have to change our structure of cricket or else it will take long time even to achieve a draw...now next goal to atleast get a close win in atleast one day int'l..but i doubt cuz in one day Zimbos are really good that what they showed in last VBSeries..!! How can we stop them in atleast one who know!!! :S

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 1, 2004, 10:37 AM
jaihok,
khela kintu shesh hoye gelo. prothom innings a bangladesh shesh porjonto kintu pray 75 over ar moton bat kore run shongroho kore 168. ottanto mamuli score abaro. ebong abaro kintu bachalen shai rana ebong tar shathe ebar mohammad rafique. jaihok, ai mamuli score ke zimbabwe kintu khub shohojai dhore fele matro 2 wicket hariye. ebong ai duti wicket kintu nen shai taposh. tobe kabir kichuta holeo shoshti paben ai bhebe je obosheshe tini kintu bol korte perechen jodio khub akta shofol honni. tobe aro akti draw hoye gelo. ebong draw ar shongkha daralo 2. coach dev ar odhine eta kintu bangladesher prothom point. dannabad.

Ahmed_B
March 1, 2004, 01:14 PM
if out team keep performing as they r at the moment... soon our Aus n Pak tour wil become history n BD wil be considered as 'lucky' n not positive in those tours!!

just look at the difference of attitudes between ZIM n BD team(in the 2nd test)!

our players made a mess while ZIM had their perfect practice for the coming ODI series :exclamation:

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 1, 2004, 02:57 PM
cricket horizon bhai hotash hobar kintu khub akta kichui nai bole ami mone kori. amra kintu improve korchi kichuta holeo. dole kintu royeche medha. dole royche skill. ebong dol ager theke onek beshi experienced. akhon jetar shob cheye beshi proyojon sheta hochhe shobaik ak shathe click kora. tobe 2nd test kintu dhora thik hobe na. karon khelar folafol kintu shesh porjonto draw. ebong bangladesh 1st innings a bhalo khelte pare nee. ar akta karon hote pare kintu pitch. tobe shobai shamortho onujayi khelle kintu boro score oboshhoi kora shombhob. boro score khelar moton kintu dole onek batsman royeche. ebong bipokkho doler wicket newar jonno kintu amader royeche proyojonio spin ebong pace attack. hoito pace attack a temon akta goti nai. dannabad.

SS
March 1, 2004, 03:26 PM
there is no improvement at all ...the team is same as it was like in worldcup.
Even we get another Whatmore, Our players will still be the same. If Whatmore would have coached Kenya they would have defeated Zimbos..even Canada or Nepal