PDA

View Full Version : ODI prediction

Navarene
March 1, 2004, 11:04 AM
Now that the 2 test series is over (thanks heaven) and that once again the truth unveils our standard in world cricket, what is your prediction about the up coming ODI series? Are we able to celebrate our long awaited ODI victory this time? Are we able to come out of this continuous losing sterility?

Here goes my prediction: Zimbabwe 5 Bangladesh 0

Ehsan
March 1, 2004, 11:44 AM
I second that Navarene. I'm freaking disappointed at myself that I have been following BD cricket for a long time now, wasted a lot of my time for nothing good. I don't think we even have a chance to win a Test in the next 5-6 years. Dav might quit his job soon as well.

Mridul
March 1, 2004, 12:07 PM
we might win 1 ODI

fwullah
March 1, 2004, 12:09 PM
Yes, I agree that Whatmore might quit his job sooner rather than later.

However, I am not so hugely disappointed at the Bangladesh team like you guys - ehsan and Navarene are.

I have been supporting Bangladesh cricket team since 1996 (the first ACC trophy); I have enjoyed supporting Bangladesh during the good times, and also felt pain right in the hearts during the bad times.

I promise, on behalf of the Bangladesh cricket team, that we can get this bad time behind us, all I ask is for your continual support.

Zephaniah
March 1, 2004, 02:23 PM
guess you've the authority to promise on behalf of the Bangladesh cricket team fwullah, i would not know. It's certainly disappointing the way Bd senior team is playing but that comes with the territory i suppose if we look at perceived attributes of bengali/bangladeshi nation. They meant to struggle intially which is acceptable. But on my part overall failure of playing BASIC game after 3/4 years of regular international cricket isn't acceptable at all. There are still signs of hope, but the sooner they realise that they're reasonably well paid (bd standard) and take pride of representing their country the better.

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by Zephaniah]

Pundit
March 1, 2004, 02:27 PM
I have been supporting the BD team since '81 ! I guess it helps much more if you are a real cricket fan first, and only as a consequence, a BD cricket fan, second.

It seems that 75% of the "new" fans out their are the other way around, maybe ?? And that makes it more difficult.

Zephaniah
March 1, 2004, 02:27 PM
ODI predictions

Zimbabwe 3 Bangladesh 2 ; i'd bet a tenner
Zimbabwe 4 Bangladesh 1 ; i'd bet a fiver
Zimbabwe 5 Bangladesh 0 ; no bet

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 1, 2004, 02:33 PM
jaihok, hotash hobar kintu kichui nai. shafollo kintu ebaro ashte pare. keboli kintu amra akjon notun odhinayok pelam. shafollo ato taratari pawa kintu khubi oshhabhabik. tobe one day te akta holeo kintu amra shafollo peleo pete pari. akhon jetar shob cheye beshi proyojon sheta holo shobar ak shathe click kora. boler ebong batsman shobaike aki shomoye click korte hobe. tahole kintu joi pabo. amader jeta shomoshha hoi sheta hochhe amader hoi boler na hoi batsman bhalo kore. kono khelay boler batsman akshathe bhalo kore na. akshathe jodi tara bhalo kore tahole kintu shafollo amra pete pari. ar one day te kintu shob kichui shombho. dannabad.

Beamer
March 1, 2004, 02:47 PM
4-1 Zimbabwe.
Bashar will be among runs. watch out!
God forbid if shujon happens to play in the one winning game, all the doldrums will be heard once again.

SS
March 1, 2004, 04:54 PM
Bd will get humiliated in this series.
Zimbos is superb form..we are no where near to beat them...
our top order will collapse as usual..Bashar or any other might get run with luck and will not be consistent..if they are it'z will be a miracle...
Whatmore might get heart attack.
if Rana not like other typical players will be flop because of too much praise our our player's mentality.
Sujon coming back and will justify his reputation as a "fighter" by scoring single digit...they will wack our bowlers except Rafiq..Only one player will be promising who is Rafiq.

Piranha
March 1, 2004, 05:03 PM
Prediction:
We will get anihilated in the first 2 games, post a reasonable performance on the 3rd, win the 4th, and lose the 5th!

Zimb 4: Bd 1

Rubu
March 1, 2004, 06:42 PM
Not sure how long term whatmore is hired for. is it almost over? i believe that would be the end of bangladesh cricket progress. if not end, a very slow progress or backward progress. we've to keep him until we reach a certain position.

i didn't get pundit's theory of "fan sequensitivity". with being a cricket fan first, one should very quickly be disappointed and frustrated looking at the quality of cricket presented by bangladesh. because a cricket fan wants good display of cricket. but, even with that performance what can keep a fan motivated is the love for a country. only a patriotic passion can glue someone to a team doens't matter what. when a "bangladesh cricket fan" gets frustrated, a "cricket fan" will hide behind the sky.

sasharif
March 1, 2004, 11:04 PM
Zim 4 - 1 BD

fwullah
March 1, 2004, 11:21 PM
Is anyone ready to predict the 2nd ODI century for Bangladesh or the highest team total for Bangladesh in ODIs?

Rubu
March 1, 2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by fwullah
Is anyone ready to predict the 2nd ODI century for Bangladesh or the highest team total for Bangladesh in ODIs?

since u didn't put a time frame, i can. hee hee. if u said in this current zim series, i can't. next odi century? at 2009 rajin, as the captain of bd will have the next odi century against china [they will have odi status by then].

vv_sunil
March 2, 2004, 12:06 AM
A BD supporter from India would like to say on deep disappointemnt........

BD will lose all five game in a humiliating way

If they score 200 runs in any of the these matches, they can proud about that alteast

Whatmore will resign, saying only God can save BD

Surely, BDs performance will kill the progress of Cricket in other progressing countries and deny further entries to elite group:mad:

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 2, 2004, 12:32 AM
Thank you "BD supporter from India"
for your excellent comment. thank you for giving us the results in advance. but i really dont understand what kind of supporter are you. i think it is better if you support your own team in the future and not worry about ours. because we have already a huge population in our country to support our team. and i think it will be better if you kindly tell your indian coaches next time to send players uner 19 or 19 in a under 19 world cup and not players who are actually like over 20. thank you. and sorry if i have hurt you.

domino
March 2, 2004, 12:49 AM
prediction 3-2

vv_sunil
March 2, 2004, 12:55 AM
I hv been following-up all bangladesh matches, ball-by-ball, since their last australian tour where there performed superbly considering the form of aus. im a well wisher of bangladesh team and always wish to this team to repeat such brave performances in some of their matches. but i really hurt seeing their performance in their first match against zim. particulary when they lost 5 wkts for 22 runs. surprisingly, they performed in same way in 2nd test also. what else a well wisher can expect if ur batsmen showing poor performance where u boast a coach like Whatmore? What more we can expect from u?

sage
March 2, 2004, 01:03 AM
Yes, I agree that Whatmore might quit his job sooner rather than later.

However, I am not so hugely disappointed at the Bangladesh team like you guys - ehsan and Navarene are.

I have been supporting Bangladesh cricket team since 1996 (the first ACC trophy); I have enjoyed supporting Bangladesh during the good times, and also felt pain right in the hearts during the bad times.

I promise, on behalf of the Bangladesh cricket team, that we can get this bad time behind us, all I ask is for your continual support.

You got mine. I love BD no matter what. I urge some of you to not to insult your team the way you do. As a supporter it is painful to read such comments.

fwullah
March 2, 2004, 02:19 AM
think it is better if you support your own team in the future and not worry about ours

I disagree. Its always nice to have some supporters of Bangladesh cricket who are not Bangladeshis for a change.

I have seen a lot of Bangladeshis supporting teams other than Bangladesh (when Bangaldesh is not invovled or not participating), for example, the whole population of Bangladesh could be very interested to watch the India-Pakistan series coming up than they have watched the Bangladesh-Zimbabwe series. So its nice to have supporters of other countries supporting Bangladesh for a change; because we're (us, Bangladeshis) always gonna support Bangladesh, no matter what.

fwullah
March 2, 2004, 02:25 AM
not players who are actually like over 20.

Talking about over-aged U-19 players, I think the performance of the Bangladesh U-19 players is a superb effort. This squad has players who are all Under-19 or thereabout. And they have beaten all the minnows, i.e., all the ICC Associate Under-19 players. So, I am proud of our U-19 Bangaldesh team.

Actually, I am PROUDER when I see that the previous Bangladesh U-19 teams, which had OVER-AGED players, were able to beat test playing teams like England and others, and we used to be quite delighted with our OVERAGED U-19 players.

At least, this time, its not happening. So I am feeling more pride in the current U-19 team's achievement, doesn't matter what papers are continuing on what kind of a coach Richard McInnes is, and doesn't matter if our current U-19 teams were unable to beat another test playing U-19 team like previously.

vv_sunil
March 2, 2004, 02:35 AM
Anything and Everything is possible for BD on the coming Zim tour, except for a win.

fab
March 2, 2004, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by vv_sunil
but i really hurt seeing their performance in their first match against zim. particulary when they lost 5 wkts for 22 runs. surprisingly, they performed in same way in 2nd test also. what else a well wisher can expect if ur batsmen showing poor performance where u boast a coach like Whatmore? What more we can expect from u?
With all due respect it did take Whatmore more than 6 months to do wonders on the Sri Lankan team. But I agree with you nonetheless. You feel disappointed as a non-bengali supporter, perhaps you may understand the magnitude of what we feel.. Either way, we will always try to have SOME hope :)

Hasib
March 2, 2004, 02:57 AM
For those who think that we will win a match... no way... there is simply no way we will win. We have always been better at test cricket... and we have stuffed that up so badly.

fy288
March 2, 2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Hasib
For those who think that we will win a match... no way... there is simply no way we will win. We have always been better at test cricket... and we have stuffed that up so badly.

100% true

FastestBowler
March 2, 2004, 08:00 AM
Zimbabwe will going to win this ODI series 4-0 and there will be at least one match with no result or not a single ball was bowled due to rain.

That means rain will win one match not Bangladesh. At least not getting white wash this time.

Still hoping for something miracle. That's why we are Bangladesh supporter.

:fanflag::fanflag::fanflag::fanflag::fanflag:

cricket
March 2, 2004, 08:04 AM
Miracle or not, we need a win in this series to go forward with further development.

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Hasib
March 2, 2004, 08:07 AM
I agree that we NEED a win... but the point is we are NOT going to GET a win... because the Zimbabwe is too strong.

chinaman
March 2, 2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by FaltuRidwanBhai
Thank you "BD supporter from India"
for your excellent comment. thank you for giving us the results in advance. but i really dont understand what kind of supporter are you. i think it is better if you support your own team in the future and not worry about ours. because we have already a huge population in our country to support our team. and i think it will be better if you kindly tell your indian coaches next time to send players uner 19 or 19 in a under 19 world cup and not players who are actually like over 20. thank you. and sorry if i have hurt you.

Dear FaltuRidwanBhai,

I'm shocked. Never knew your keaboard could write such things! A person doesn't have to be Bangladeshi to support our team. Prediction? Look at your own backyard. That was one mean post to say the least.

What can I say? Just hope you didn't really meant what you wrote.

Hasib
March 2, 2004, 08:46 AM
We need all the support we can get!!!

Ehsan
March 2, 2004, 11:01 AM
Ok, guys I'm getting my hopes high again; can't help it :)

I am predicting atleast a win against zimbos in the coming ODI series.

GO TIGERS GO! :tiger:

SS
March 2, 2004, 11:26 AM
BD is good in test cricket...yea yea
when were they good...22/5...or 88/5 or giving chance to score 400+ in all innings of the opponents!!!
The team is bad in everything...This team and players never would be like Sri lanka.

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 2, 2004, 11:56 AM
thank you ss again for your wonderful pessimistic comment. it is easy to say anything kintu bastobe kore dekhano kintu khub kothin. srilankar moton hote amader aro deri ase. remember amra just shuru korlam. and i dont think anyone should even count the years 2001-2003 because those 2 years were just complete disaster and misfortune for our cricket. because we did not even have a good coach or a field to practice. we just started to play. it will take time. please hold your patience. dannabad.

Sami
March 2, 2004, 12:04 PM
Lets not go abt comparing Bangladesh to Sri Lanka... Bangladesh got a lot of oppurtunities that teams like SL and Zim didnt get when they joined the top ranks... its our own mistakes that we sucked for all this time... we hired stupid coaches. Gordon Greenidge was a great coach. He was not properly maintained... when he said Bangladesh still isnt ready for Test status he wasnt bullshitting... we have been a more or less test team just aroud the time when Dav started with us... we still dont have the infrastructure... and the way things are going even Dav wont be able to pull our weight for long...

Bangladesh got a lot of chance to improve... cricket is priority in BD... ICC gave as much support to BD as possible... but BD failed to capitalize... we got the full membership at a time when cricket was played across the world like an epidemic...

We shud have been a better team by now... we dont have an excuse...

Sami
March 2, 2004, 12:06 PM
and to stay on the topic... the series wont be a whitewash... BD will win one match this time :)

and hopefully all 5 ODIs will be played... rain busted the 2nd test :(

Ahmed_B
March 2, 2004, 12:45 PM
thanx a lot fwullah for ur foresight!
all the guys r so frustrated.. n they sure got som reasons too..
but hei ppl!! did u think becoming competent enough to win over other top teams ud be very fast and easy?!!
i wonder wht wil hapen if our players also start getting frustrated like us!
it just seems we r wanting som fast charms and successes!
now why wil any top nation lose to us if we r not patient and hardworking enough?
BD wil do just fine in time... lets just giv them that!!
mean while we betta look for stronger performances and sorting loopholes rather than just sitting there & starving for wins!!

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by crickethorizon]

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by crickethorizon]

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 2, 2004, 12:56 PM
ami dukkhito amar aggressive comment ar jonno. i think this is my worst ever performance with my keyboard. but honestly i love bangladesh for ever ever ever ever ever until i will die. and i do not accept any bad pessimistic comments about my country. even that is the true scenerio it is really hard for me to accept it. thank you for supporting our country vv sunil. it is great. we also support your country. but please please please have some hope please. thank you. i am sorry for hurting anyone before. hope i will not be so aggressive in the future. dannabad.

rafiq
March 2, 2004, 01:55 PM
Hey FRB: you already know I enjoy your posts on this board. I also admire how you have been handling both short pitched and spin bowling. Except for a couple of balls when you were beaten, your technique has been consistent to say the least, and you are still at the wicket!

On your comment about not being able to bear too much criticism/pessimism re: Bangladesh, do you limit that to just cricket or to society, politics and life in general? I think constructive criticism and feedback can help everyone get better at what they do. Too often, the Bangladesh diaspora end up sounding like the babbling you hear from the Government of Bangladesh on different issues - paranoia about image, foreign press, and not being able to take any criticism no matter how justified. Coming from a country where poverty, corruption and under-development leaves little to be proud of relative to some of the countries we compare ourselves to or live in, we get possessive about everything Bangladeshi. But I think stopping constructive criticism can hurt our progress. Would like to hear more thoughts on it, perhaps in Forget Cricket?

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 2, 2004, 07:33 PM
thank you rafiq bhai,
for understanding me. ashole amar nijer shomporke criticize korte paren ami mene nibo. amar desher shommondhe bishesh kore amader desher development kingba economy shommondhe criticize korle ami mene nebo. karon ja shotto tai. kintu cricket hole kintu chitrota palte jai. bangladesh cricket shommondhe keo criticize korle keno jani ami thik moton mene nite pari na. sheta jodi shottio hoi tobuo amar mone hoi ashole kothagulo mittha. jaihok ami ar por theke aro bhalo kore bat korar cheshta korbo amar keyboard diye. ebong asha korbo bhobishhote ami ager moton off stump ar bairer bol gulo khocha dibo na kingba short pitch boll dekhle down the wicket a chole ashbo na. dannabad.

shaheen
March 2, 2004, 09:54 PM
No body talks about our bowler Manju. I think he will be the hero of our one day games. And here I predict that we will win at least one game. I think Manju's out swings will sink Zimbabwe. Is there anyone to support me???????????

Nasif
March 2, 2004, 10:10 PM
If only he could bring the one or two into the right hander then he would be much better bowler.

BangladeshCricket
March 2, 2004, 10:38 PM
It'z just his spirit which lifts the openning spell and also lifts the power of Rafiq and Masri combo bat ting at tail...but as Masri is out :(...we need to do it in other way like all contributing little to make it a huge...neways i guess i am making u guyz confused...but all we expect a decent performance if not win atleast a fight...I dream to see top and middle order contribute a decent scores and at tail order Rafiq going for huge ones and then bringing his magic in bowling. May Almighty fullfill our cherished dream.

vv_sunil
March 2, 2004, 11:10 PM
i love all my bangladeshi brothers ,,,

i will support bangladesh in future also....

the comment made by me just because of frustuation......

i did not mean anything which hurt anybody

good luck bangladesh

and i hope a final between india and bangladesh in next to next world cup

vv_sunil
March 2, 2004, 11:18 PM
Weather forecast - 6th and 7th

Saturday: Chance of late day showers. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the low 60s.

Sunday: Showers. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the upper 50s.

:(

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 2, 2004, 11:22 PM
thank you vvsunil once again. wow looks like we are going to have some pretty bad weathers. i think atleast one of the one days will be cancelled and the other one might be curtailed or shifted to a later date if there is sufficient day available later.

Mridul
March 2, 2004, 11:22 PM
..dont worry bout weather...bad weather is good for us....especially in ODs matches....BD has good history of winning cartel matches...

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 2, 2004, 11:25 PM
lol mridul bhai,
kothata kintu apni thiki bolechen. shai ICC trophyr shomoy kualalumpur a kintu abohawa kharap chilo. onek match kintu choto hoye giyechilo. kintu amra kintu joi labh korechilam. brishti kintu shob shomoy amader favor kore ashche cricket a. tai ami asha kori brishti ashok ebong banglar jonno niye ashuk shafollo.

chinaman
March 3, 2004, 03:13 AM
Drear syedmahm

Please read your U2U. Thanks.

vv_sunil
March 3, 2004, 03:54 AM
any news on today's match????

shaheen
March 3, 2004, 04:20 AM
Alester Maregwede will captain Zimbabwe A team in their one-day warm-up match against Bangladesh, at the Kwekwe Sports Club on March 3. Richard Sims was named as vice-captain.

This is the only news of today's match.

Anyone from Zimbabwe can update us???

vv_sunil
March 3, 2004, 04:25 AM
what about aus x bang 19 plate final?

shaheen
March 3, 2004, 04:29 AM
Aus Vs BD U19 supposed to be played on tomorrow. Isn't it?

sasharif
March 3, 2004, 04:57 AM
Plate final will beheld tomorrow.