March 2, 2004, 05:46 PM
িকੰ੫ োকাচ োতা ভাত-ডােলর অােগ তরকাির রঁাধার কথাটা োভেব বেস অােছন৷

According to Akram Khan:

Coach ভাত-ডােলর অােগ তরকাির রঁাধার কথাটা োভেব বেস অােছন৷

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by Piranha]

Piranha
March 2, 2004, 05:51 PM
can everyone see the text in Bangla?

I copied and pasted Prothom-alo text (they write in Arial Unicode)

AsifTheManRahman
March 2, 2004, 06:46 PM
No

Arnab
March 2, 2004, 06:55 PM
I see it. The problem is there is no bangla juktakkhor in unicode. So you will see only those bangla characters that are included in the unicode.

Prothom alo uses a font that probably has 213 characters in total. And among those 213 chars there is a subsetof characters that match the characters in unicode.

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by Arnab]

Rubu
March 2, 2004, 07:33 PM
not actually nothing, but not bengali, may be it will work if the font is installed in my pc.

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 2, 2004, 07:36 PM
AgentSmith bhai,
amio kintu apnar moton kichui dekhte parchi na. mone hoi akta bishesh font lagbe ai lekha dekhte hole. amar kingba apnar mone hoi ai font nai jar karone amra ai lekha dekhte pachhi na. durbhaggo amader. tobe asha korbo font ta ki eta bole diben tahole install korar cheshta korbo shombhob hole. dannabad.

Piranha
March 2, 2004, 09:34 PM
Thanks for replying all of you. I was just testiong to see if copying and pasting Prothom Alo might work.

I looked at my post from several different PCs and clearly, Bangla font wont work in this way. Most browsers arent equppied with the font that I was trying out.

Thanks for trying it out and telling me your replies.:)

Mridul
March 2, 2004, 10:14 PM
I can see...it says ...."coach bhat daler age tokari... bla.. bla..."

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 2, 2004, 10:42 PM
wow Mridul bhai u are really lucky. durbhaggo amader jader shai software ti nai jar karone amra piranha bhai ar lekha porte parchi na. dannabad.

Zobair
March 2, 2004, 10:46 PM
yup I can seet it too. quite cool!

Sham
March 2, 2004, 11:07 PM
will someone please just write the damn thing out in English! Thanks.

Mahmood
March 2, 2004, 11:12 PM
It says, "Coach vat daaler age, torkari radhar kothata vebe boshe achhen."

say
March 2, 2004, 11:42 PM
I can see that just fine. I'm using IE 6.0

কিমপউটাের বাংলা !

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by say]

reinausagi
March 3, 2004, 01:59 AM
All this hullabalo his must really be ticking off Habibul_fan:lol:

Hasib
March 3, 2004, 04:30 AM
How about moving this to support?

Piranha
March 3, 2004, 12:02 PM
Whoa...ppl were upposed to ignore this thread. Anyhow, since there were requests of writing this out in English, here goes:

Akram khan says that Coach is putting all the wrong priorities on things. Coach's emphasis on fitness did not go down well with his. Akram believes that he should concentrate on batting/bowling first, then fitness. He made an analogy: <strong>fitness before batting/bowling is like worying about "torkari" before cooking the "daal bhat".</strong>

That was what I had copied.

Trust Akram Khan to come up with a food analogy.

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by Piranha]

chinaman
March 3, 2004, 12:12 PM
BTW, is it really a big surprise that Akram wanted to put fitness behind and ventured out for food analogies in cricket?

Ehsan
March 3, 2004, 12:24 PM
What font does Prothom-alo and Bangladesher Khela use?

Raj bhai, if we get those fonts some how, is it possible to install it in this message board?

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by ehsan]

billah
March 3, 2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by chinaman
BTW, is it really a big surprise that Akram wanted to put fitness behind and ventured out for food analogies in cricket?

LOL!:P

chinaman
March 3, 2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by ehsan

What font does Prothom-alo and Bangladesher Khela use?

Apparently, Bangladesher Khela and Bhorer Kagoj use Boishakhi. No idea about Prothom-alo.

Optimist
March 3, 2004, 09:58 PM
I should have posted it somewhere else. But since there are some experts here I thought I will post here. What could be the reason that I can't read prothom-alo from my home computer? I can read bangladesherkhela.com and bhorer kagoz. I'm using windows 2000. But I can read prothom-alo frrom my office using windows 2000. I tried manually selecting different encoding with no result. Thanks for any help.

Ehsan
March 4, 2004, 12:23 AM
Optimist bhai, before I tell you a solution I need to know something.

1) What version of Explorer you have at your home? And what version is at your office?

2) Does the home page of Prothom-alo turns out properly?

Zunaid
March 4, 2004, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Piranha
িকੰ੫ োকাচ োতা ভাত-ডােলর অােগ তরকাির রঁাধার কথাটা োভেব বেস অােছন৷

According to Akram Khan:

Coach ভাত-ডােলর অােগ তরকাির রঁাধার কথাটা োভেব বেস অােছন৷

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by Piranha]

Does this look ok? I am trying the Likhan font:

<font size="+4">কিন্তু</font>

More about the likhan at

http://www.stat.wisc.edu/~deepayan/Bengali/WebPage/Font/

Bit off topic but there may be useful to experiment here ...

- Zunaid

Optimist
March 4, 2004, 01:55 PM
Ehsan I I'm using IE 6.0 both in the office and at home. In my office, the home page turns out OK. But in my home I only see rectangular blocks instead of bengali fonts. But the graphics are OK. I checked that I have no problem with home pages using boishakhi font and another font being used by some of the indian bengali web pges. I sincerely think we should make an effort to modify the unicode to include juktakkhor. Thanks in advance for your help Ehsan!

chinaman
March 4, 2004, 01:57 PM
Optimist, please check your u2u. Thanks.