PDA

View Full Version : compare between senior and junior cricketers

arafath79
March 2, 2004, 09:07 PM
If i compare Akram, Nannu and Bulbul with Rajin, Ashraful and Kapali, the young players are much better than the seniors. They have got much better technique and style than Akram, Nannu and Bulbul. They were ICC level cricketers and they r not good enough for playing test matches. Nannu could have the opportunity to play atleast one test match but he is not good enough for playing this level of cricket. The selectors took good decisions to give the opportunity to the youngstars instead of the seniors.:flag:

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 2, 2004, 09:10 PM
Dannabad Arafath bhai,
ami kintu apnar shathe puropuri akmot hote parlam na. hoito akram bhalo test cricketer hote partenna. kintu nannu ebong bulbul kintu oboshhoi bhalo test cricketer hote parten. ami buzhte parlam na je jiboner prothom test matcha a 145 run korar poro keno apni bolchen je bulbul bhalo test player non. nannuo kintu bhalo test player. tar kintu royeche oshombhob patience. jeta test cricket a ottanto proyojon. jeta nai tader moddhe sheta hote pare fitness. dannabad.

Rubu
March 2, 2004, 09:13 PM
sorry, i missed the point. u are kind of like comparing father with son and deciding who should get married. they had their era and had their own contributions. then came the new group, and as a natural law, replaced the old ones. this happened about 2 years or even more ago. what is the point of talking about it now?

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by AgentSmith]

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 2, 2004, 09:25 PM
AgentSmith bhai,
kothata kintu ashole apni thiki bolechen. west indies kintu ichha korlai akhon bolte pare na je dole akhon ambrose ebong walse kingba hookes ke nite hobe karon tara bhalo bol kore akhonkar bolerder tulonai. jokhon jeta ache sheta niyai kintu khelte hobe. dannabad.

fwullah
March 2, 2004, 10:27 PM
We cannot compare one generation of players with another one. Nannu/Bulbul/Akram - they have done their part, they have won the ICC trophy and gained the ODI status and then the Test status for us. It is because of them that the younger generation players have had time to adjust their batting techniques given the situation of the country's level of cricket played.

My observation is that the current younger players have better techniques, but so far, they are unable to learn or be effective with the techniques of quick scoring, yet; that is required in One Day Internationals.

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 3, 2004, 02:48 PM
dannabad,
ashole beparta hochhe je ager tulonai kintu akhon cricket khela onek complicated hoye geche. age shudhu khelata mather modhhai shimabodhho chilo. age fielding ar upor temon akta jor chilo na. kintu akhon cricket a fielding akta very important point. tachara akhon fitness ar upor onek jor dewa hoi. ebong echarao akhon dekha jachhe onek pyscological bepar ache. tacharao akhon dekha jachhe je ak doler coach onno doler batting video kore rakhe tarpor sheta tar dolke dekhai jate tader bhul truti gulo ber korte pare. tai akhon kintu technique beparta ager theke onek beshi important. ai jonno akhonkar playerder technique ar upor beshi gurutto dite hoi. dannabad.

pagol-chagol
March 3, 2004, 03:45 PM
50 years later the hardcore cricket fans will think of Nannu,Akram & Bulbul as the group who took BD to test cricket. The current group could be a lot better but they will have to achieve a lot more to be in the same level in cricket history book.

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by pagol-chagol]

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 3, 2004, 09:55 PM
dannabad pagol chagol bhai,
looks like bangladesher senior cricketerder protio apnaro amar moton besh sroddha royeche. kintu jai hok unfortunately onek manush tader obodan oshhikar kore thaken. jodi bola hoi je ai 3 jon akram bulbul nannur bhumika oporishim bangladesh cricket ar jonno. tader jonno amra ajke atodur ashte pereche. tahole onekai kintu besh bishhoi bhora drishti niye cheye thaken. tobe joto jai bolen ami kintu akta kotha shob shomoy bolbo je age jokhon atahar ali akram bulbul kingba nannura batting korto tokhon bangladesher run atleast 200 kingba ar ashe pashe thakto. akhon kintu zimbabwe ar moton doler kache amra 168 run a all out hoye thaki. hoito akram bulbul der technique bhalo chilo na fitness bhalo chilo na. kintu tate ki. tara to bat a run peto. run je pabe takai ami bhalo bolbo. shutorang akhono amar mote tarai bangladesher shera batsman. jotodin porjonto na ai torunra consistently run pabe totodin porjonto kintu taderke ami boroder nichai rakhbo. tobe tader upor amar astha royeche. amar mote taderke kichu shomoy dileo tarao boroder moto hote parbe. taderke shudhu akhon hati hati pa pa kore egote hobe. pari dite hobe aro onek shiri. dannabad.

Optimist
March 3, 2004, 10:12 PM
One day international avg (no of match):
Akram 23.23 (44)
Bulbul 23.35 (39)
Nannu 18.87 (27)

Ashraful 14.17 (24)
Alok 24.44 (32)
Rajin 33.62 (8)

Ke je kar cheye bhalo! Bujha boro mushkil! Rajin aro gota bishek oneday khelar por bujha jabe actual range.

arafath79
March 4, 2004, 08:07 AM
I am surprised i didn't find any one who is thinking similar like me. I respect the senior cricketers but i don't think Akram, Nannu and Bulbul is better than Rajin, Ashraful and Alok. Because the young stars will do much more better than those seniors the more they will play. Becuase the current average is so good of the youngstars. In my view Atahar Ali was the best openning batsman of Bangladesh. His technique was much better than current BD openners and he was also effective with the ball. By comparing Atahar with other youngstars of Bangladesh national team I will say Atahar is all time best. But Akram, Bulbul, Nannu were not all time best and their technique was not good. Bulbul got the century in debut test match against India but he was very lucky of edging the ball so many times of Agarkar. At last he got a cencury in a batting track.But Ashraful's century was much more better than Aminul Islam Bulbul against Srilanka. Thus, u can easily compare between seniors and juniors and I hope u will all agree with me.:)

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 4, 2004, 08:13 AM
dukkhito,
arafath bhai,
if ashraful and rajin and kapali shows that even after playing about another 20 more matches their average did not drop i wont agree with you. and second of all look at the investment and coaching we are having for these youngstars and look at what we had for akram and bulbul. we didnt have a field for them one year long where they could practice.

sage
March 4, 2004, 08:39 AM
In my opinion arafat is correct. Saying that, that doesn't mean new batsman are more talented then nunnu ,bulbul or atahar ali. New players are getting sponsorship from very early age, they are playing in better wickets, they are getting coached by better coach and they are enjoying overall better time then previous gen.

arafath79
March 4, 2004, 09:28 AM
Ashraful didn't get better coaching than Akram and Bulbul in his debut match.
When Ashraful got his first century against Srilanaka Bulbul and Akram also played under the same instruction of the same coach. Moreover, they were more experienced but they were not as good as Ashraful. Don't think Ashraful got a better coaching than Bulbul and Akram at that time. My point is youngstars r always better than Akram, Bulbul and Nannu.