PDA

View Full Version : BD Vs Zim A

sasharif
March 3, 2004, 03:53 AM
Today there is suppose tobe an One day match between BD and Zim A in Kwe Kwe. Any news about that? I agree 110% with today's article written by optimist. Let us not make heroes prematurely, let us nurture them tobe hero. I think it was silly to name a square in Bashar's name in Kustia. Even Steve Waugh does not have any thing named after him in Australia.

Hasib
March 3, 2004, 04:38 AM
Waugh is the Australian of the year...

sage
March 3, 2004, 05:13 AM
Where is betterdaz? He is from zim he could update us...

betterdaz
March 3, 2004, 05:48 AM
im a zimbo abroad:-(

i came here to find out from one of you guys. cricinfo has no scorecard as yet

SS
March 3, 2004, 08:44 AM
BD got bowled all out 110.

chinaman
March 3, 2004, 09:00 AM
Where did you get the score from, SS?

SS
March 3, 2004, 09:13 AM
from my head i was just being sarcastic sorry about that

sage
March 3, 2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by betterdaz
im a zimbo abroad:-(

i came here to find out from one of you guys. cricinfo has no scorecard as yet

We are in the same boat.

sage
March 3, 2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by SS
from my head i was just being sarcastic sorry about that

Do us a favor! Keep your head to yourself. Donot have nightmare loudly!!;)

fwullah
March 3, 2004, 09:40 AM
Hi, I think I may have heard something about today's match.

I was watching the news after coming home after 4 + 3 hours of mathes problem, so there may be something wrong in what I heard.

Rajin scored 28, Masud scored unbeaten 16/18 and then rain came pouring down. That's all that I could gather.

SS
March 3, 2004, 10:07 AM
if 28 is the highest i guess my prediction was almost right..the team again bundled out for cheap!!

chinaman
March 3, 2004, 11:01 AM
Bangladesh 96-5 v Zimbabwe A
Match abandoned due to rain

Bangladesh's only warm-up match before their one-day series against Zimbabwe was abandoned because of rain.

In the 28.3 overs possible, Zimbabwe A reduced the tourists to 96-5, with seamer Gary Brent taking 3-19.

Bangladesh captain Habibul Bashar was struck on the forearm but x-rays showed no break and he is expected to be fit for Saturday's one-day international.

His predecessor Khaled Mahmud is to join the tourists after being persuaded to go back on his decision to retire.

Bashar scored 13, his highest total in five innings on tour so far, while Rajin Saleh led the way with 28 not out.

Source: BBC >>> (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/3529887.stm)

SS
March 3, 2004, 11:15 AM
I told you before now after the confirmation of the BBC report...BD team should quit playing int'l cricket for a while and then get prepared and then play international level. They are just adding frustration to millions of people. 96-5 is the proof that the ODI will be a disastour.

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by SS]

reverse_swing
March 3, 2004, 11:27 AM
InsaAllah we will win atleast one ODI.

SS
March 3, 2004, 11:31 AM
how we will win??
the wizard of lord of the rings will come and do magic!!!!

reverse_swing
March 3, 2004, 11:36 AM
wait & see

chinaman
March 3, 2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by SS
how we will win??
the wizard of lord of the rings will come and do magic!!!!

Only if you stay cool and be patient.

fwullah
March 3, 2004, 12:05 PM
now how will you guys defend with which excuse

If you'd only just use some logic, then you'd know that on the same kweke pitch, Bangladesh had beaten Zimbabwe 'A' even after scoring just 199 in the first innings and even after scoring just 120 odd runs in the 2nd innings.

SS
March 3, 2004, 12:37 PM
when I am saying about reality, you guys tell me to stop...look if BD plays like this ICC will take away our status and also will stop funding and thus organizers and sport authorities won't get enough money to spend to buy good houses and cars for them and for players.

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 3, 2004, 02:43 PM
dannabad SS,
mazhe mazhe kintu amar asholeo shondeho hoi apni ki asholeo bangladesh ke support koren ki na. yes i think we are playing badly. yes i know our team is not performing as we want them to do. and yes i know they are not improving as much as we expect them to improve. but still i dont see why someone has to be so pessimistic about their own country.

SS
March 3, 2004, 03:02 PM
I am not supporter of BD team in international level match because they are performing worst in cricket history..I will only support from my heart when the players and ppl of the team will realize how it is shameful to make the same mistakes again and again.

chinaman
March 3, 2004, 03:39 PM
Dear SS

When or who you are going to support, that is your personal luxury. But please do not post any false score.

SS
March 3, 2004, 03:48 PM
I didn't post any false scores...96/5 which is right and I told that they are almost bundled out for 100 runs!! after 5 wkt, how long an innings can last!!

chinaman
March 3, 2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by SS

BD got bowled all out 110.

That's what I'm talking about.

Sami
March 3, 2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by SS
I didn't post any false scores...96/5 which is right and I told that they are almost bundled out for 100 runs!! after 5 wkt, how long an innings can last!!

Ok SS.... there's this thing that u need to understand here before u start defending urself... We are all passionate supporters of the BD team... a post like 110 all out (how possible and close it might be to the real score) send a shock straight o our hearts... I for one have a real weak heart (runs in the family). Would u be responsible for my sudden demise...?? i dont think so... so keep ur random prospected scores to yourself and only post then when they are true... I wud rather die off a heart attack caused by a real 110 all out than a false one...

Nasif
March 3, 2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by SS
when I am saying about reality, you guys tell me to stop...look if BD plays like this ICC will take away our status and also will stop funding and thus organizers and sport authorities won't get enough money to spend to buy good houses and cars for them and for players.

Bhai SS please stop this whining. ICC will never take away test status. There is no point in arguing about that. We are here to stay. Be patient and we will inshallah get our win someday.

chinaman
March 3, 2004, 05:05 PM
Al-Sahahriar c Rogers b Brent 5
Alok Kapali lbw b Friend 0
Habibul Bashar retired hurt 13
Rajin Saleh not out 28
Mohammad Ashraful lbw b Brent 5
Manjural Islam Rana c Gripper b Brent 6
Mushfiqur Rahman c Rogers b Ewing 15
Khaled Mashud not out 11
Extras (nb-2 w-11) 13
Total (for five wickets, 28.3 overs) 96

Fall of wickets: 1-2 2-17 3-21 4-50 5-76

Bowling:

Friend 6-1-20-1 (w-2)
Brent 10-3-19-3 (w-4)
Mwayenga 6-0-28-0 (nb-2 w-3)
Rinke 4-0-22-0 (w-2)
Ewing 2.3-0-7-1

Zimbabwe A: T.Gripper, B.Rogers, S.Matsikenyeri, V.Sibanda, G.Brent, A.Maregwede, R.Sims, T.Friend, G.Ewing, W.Mwayenga, P.Rinke

Result: Match abandoned, rain.

Source: Reuters >>> (http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=MBXNW34SFRG2ICRBAELCF EY?type=cricketNews&storyID=4489192&section=news)

fab
March 3, 2004, 07:57 PM
heh - well look on the bright side, at least mother nature is on our side.

I suppose we should start preparing ourselves for utter humiliation...

Beamer
March 3, 2004, 09:19 PM
Again three lbws in the top! I am curious now.

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 3, 2004, 09:30 PM
beamer bhai,
amaro kintu kichuta holeo khotka lagche je top order ar 3 tar modhhe 2tai lbw ache. jaihok asha kori ashol match a erokom hobe na.

James90
March 4, 2004, 06:38 AM
Just think about this....Bashar doesn't recover for Saturday....who captains? Rajin cos he's vice? Rafique cos it's logical? SUJON????

chinaman
March 4, 2004, 06:40 AM
Rajin. That's why he's the VC.

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 4, 2004, 08:08 AM
well it is probably rajin. that is the job of a deputy. i dont think it is rafique at all. even though he is a senior in the team but you have some certain rules. and sujon even if he is in the team he is not going to be the captain. he may surely give some ideas and i am sure he will help out rajin but officially rajin will be the captain if sumon doesnt come back in time. very unlucky for sumon. and so for bangladesh. but i think the most interesting thing is why did they even bother to play in such a place where there was no side screen. if they know that was causing all the trouble they should have complained at the very beginning. because if big teams come to our country they even one mistake of us usually makes them mad. so amar mone hoi je eta complain kora uchit. dannabad.

rafiq
March 4, 2004, 10:27 AM
I don't know what the point was of having alok get some much needed batting practise by opening. They could have opened with rokon and ashraful. How does this duck help alok get back - it doesn't.